[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: iz7p665gb0ny.jpg (156 KB, 833x1000)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>3k current players on Steam
What happened? I didn't play for a year but I remember there were way more active players than this.
Is it even worth going back? Was looking for a card game on PC to play
>>
>>403175428

the game got really stale, stagnant metas and meme builds working for 2 weeks before getting roflstomped

net decking twinks and some other stuff too, then there was a big shitflinging even in the general and tons of people simply left

I just lost interest after the daria meme patch, it was justu unfun, now I feel like I cant' come back and play because I missed so many updates that I'm super behind in cards so unless I pay a ton I'm never getting back in the game, and since I'm already at master I will only face ultra optimized decks because no de-rank
>>
>>403175428
>not one good doujin
A crime against humanity.
>>
Same, didn't play for a year. Started in Standard on a shitty Android emulator, reached Master right before RoB, stopped playing regularly shortly after TotG release.

I checked in on the meta every now and then, and DE really was the peak. People actually liked the game and other than mid Sword being somewhat overpowered and Shadow being a joke, it was very balanced with a lot of viable and diverse builds. Now whenever I pop into /svg/ every few months to ask them if it's worth getting back into, they hate the game just like Hearthstone.
>>
>>403176084
It's all the same artwork as Granblue, just read those.
>>
File: jace_2.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
Wait for the superior card game, op.
>>
>>403178152
Name? Looks nice.
>>
>>403178332
Almost made me mad.
>>
>>403178412
What?
>>
>>403178152
Is this going to be another one of those magic games that is hugely restricted in every single way and barely lets you make your own decks and has like 1% of the cards in the game?
>>
>>403175428
A lot of people are playing on mobile and Japs don't really use steam. Still, it actually got into the top 100 top selling games on steam so it's still doing fairly well.
>>
>>403178597
Open your mouth because momma will spoonfeed you like a cute boy you are. That's Magic the Gathering, THE trading card game. Hearthstone and [your favorite TCG] can only hope it's as good as MtG. What're you looking at is the newest video version of it.
>>
>>403178152

epic font size for the cards, highly readable
>>
>>403176084
aw fuck are you serious? that OP is perfect.
>>
>>403175428
This expansion is a bit better than the last two (WLD, SFL), aggro doesn't exist and games actually last longer than 6 turns. But many of the same decks are still being played that have been popular for the longest times (mid-range shadow/ramp-dragon/dirt-rune) and that makes this expansions pretty boring for those that have been playing for a while.

Also stop printing storm.
>>
>>403178605
Nah, it's wizards attempt to try and capitalize with the new online craze like hearthstone and such because let's face it, MTGO is a clusterfuck for newcomers and really isn't friendly.

From what I gathered they plan on releasing as many cards as possible on that new thing.
>>
>>403175428
it's hearthstone but uglier and with half the mechanics
what did you expect?
>>
I have extensivly played all card games made humans.
MTG's gameplay isn't that great, I don't like how I can take a glance at my mulligan as see; yeah, this is a 80% loss/ Sure win, whatever.
Dated lands, high entry price, poor testing.
It's just not that much decision making, and when you have played it for years on years, there is not really many creative plays left to make.
What makes MTG great is the social aspect of playing face 2 face, I don't know why people want a streamlined(?), computer client, expect to practice.

Ehh, I'dd rather keep playing Shadowverse than MTG on my computer, because I prefer the rapid pace.
>>
File: princess.png (568 KB, 536x698)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
>>403175957
>I cant' come back and play because I missed so many updates that I'm super behind in cards
This. I only played when it first came out on steam. Also the Meta gets stale pretty quick. The Art is great though.

I wish there were more card games like mtg that had a variety of game modes instead of just basic 1v1. Like two headed giant, 3 or 4 player plus free for all or something like EDH. Those are a lot more fun.
>>
File: 1505427400106.jpg (1.89 MB, 1558x4496)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>403178152
MTG is dead. SJWs killed it.
>>
File: 1504124954542.png (457 KB, 500x720)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
Only problem I have with it really is how you have to have a ward up or you're getting smacked. I'm more used to and prefer it like Yugioh where if shit's up, it needs to go away. Whenever I play with my bro we just make it fun and play in that manner.
>>
>>
I quit because of the rotating format thing. what's the point of playing if your favorite decks are going to get the plug pulled on them and new decks are all ungaverse crap.
>>
>>403185381
You do know that there's still unlimited mode right?
>>
>>403178940
Who the fucks play MtG? 50 year old virgins?
>>
>>403186956
t. virgin shadowverse player
>>
>>403177926
Not even close
>>
>>403185381
Yeah. This kills every single TCG for me. I'm a very on-off type player that plays all day erry day for a few months, builds a few good complete decks, and then randomly quits for half a year or more.

It's impossible to come back when half of your cards are out of the fucking play completely.

>>403185509
Those tend to be dead after a while because new players have no reason to touch them.
>>
They fucked up the balance big time like 3 expansions in a row, pretty much bled the western base dry. Still one of the most popular card games in Japan but yeah, not the same. They nearly caught up to Hearthstone at one point.

Pretty sure KMR is a double agent of another nip company trying to kill cygames
>>
>>403187635
I am not 50 though.
>>
>>403188345
What where those times? Balanced Hectar, Then Spawn of Balance and? Because after the Spawn of Balance I just stopped playing the game.
>>
>>403175428
They never give support to actually interresting and fun to play decks.
Like Discard dragon still havent got a single good card since imperial dragoon, and now its kill for real when rites is gone.
Chronos isnt enough since hes to slow and he cant set up for those delicious lucky 8dmg dragoon into dragoon into dragoon.
>>
>>403175428
ShadowDragonAllFuckingDay
>>
>>403175428
>Was looking for a card game on PC to play
Here's a tip, find a real game and stop being autistic
>>
>>403175428
>never make any card with an acility thgat isn't unga that is good
>2 to 4 deck meta, and sometimes even they are the same deck diferent craft aka WLD
>nerf everything making unga cards strongers every nerf
>dead crafts
I dropped 'cause I was tired of blood, I played blood made like a 23 win streak and still feel bored. game sucks
>>
>>403189223
Prime Dragon Keeper. It was fucking nuts but like Spawn got gutted in a month rather than kill the game for multiple cycles like Hector.
>>
>>403188345
The daria patch almost killed the game. Then the fucking abyss and alice shit sealed the deal.
>>
Rip best boy.
You where the greatest meme card but now you are retired thanks to cygames hating fun.
So many fond memories of different memes I had with you.
>>
File: dragoncraft.png (2.13 MB, 986x1378)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>403189471
>Discard dragon
>>
File: 1483342724012.png (569 KB, 600x633)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>403190073
>>
>>403190137
Discard was never good.
But it was god tier to make different spicy memes.
>>
>>403190248
That Pendant was the tits. I remember memeing with it and then unleash degeneracy with 2 or even 3 of them on the board and then just release Grimnir after Grimnir.
>>
>>403190280
>that board

u wot m8
>>
File: I'm so fucked up.jpg (772 KB, 1920x1080)
772 KB
772 KB JPG
>>403190248
>>403190478
Grimnnir was bullshit, but it wasn't the worst thing ever, next expantion games didn't last to drop enhances, RIP JO
>>
>>403178152
>say something non-PC on twitter
>get all your cards taken off you by a WotC pedo
great game
>>
File: 1498069323124.gif (427 KB, 978x478)
427 KB
427 KB GIF
>>403190946
>literally virtue signalling because some neckbeard harassing some woman on twitter got banned
loving
every
laff
>>
Current state is better than it has been for a long time aside from Rotation decks costing your dick and fort knox. PDK with Chronos and Dragoon is fun.
>>
>>403178887
>Still, it actually got into the top 100 top selling games on steam
but its free to play?
>>
>>403190854
Sea slut makes a neutral and a class card free and discards the rest.
Then drop satan and then dragoon to discard left over cards and fill hand with apocalypse cards thanks to rites.
>>
>>403175428

I know EXACTLY what happened. Bad bullshit balancing and unwillingness on the dev team to set power creep prevention rules. Each of the last 4 expansions had cards that would give you victory, straight from hand when play, and no matter what you did, how well your luck or deck build, they would win no matter what. You can forgive such bullshit when it happens once, then you can forgive it again when it happens twice, but four fucking times? I just walked when I reached masters and never looked back a week into Chronogenesis expansion.
>>
>>403191317
>have your criminal history aired out by some cunt you beat at a tourney
>get all your cards taken off you by a WotC pedo
>>
>>403191710
Sounds unreliable but hilarious
>>
File: C69hBVJUwAAEo-N.jpg (105 KB, 1020x1180)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>403175957
I still roll over people with Storm Haven. The same one I've been using since Wonderland Dreams.
>>
>>403189223

Lightning Blast = Basically wipes any thing your opponent can play, letting you attack their face directly
Echotar = Field flooding card that gives damage boosts to its summons and letting them attack right away
Spawn = Early game TKO card
Prime Dragon Keep = kills your cards while attacking your face at the same time
Dimensional Shift = Opponent gets up to 3 extra turns to do what they want while you just watch with your thumb up your ass

There's more bullshit like super power creep of older cards, ignoring the community out right, and more. The only good thing about Shadowverse is that it is free and gives you a lot of free decks just for playing.
>>
>>403175428
Back to back shit expansions. Rage of bahamut was the first step into ruin with Roach/Gobu mage ruining the meta. Then we have Tempest of the Gods introducing shit like Eachtar and Le balanced Zell/bahamut combo, then when we think things couldn't get any worse we get Alice and fucking Spawn being so broken that Cygames had no choice but to start nerfing legendaries. I don't know how this current meta is fairing since I got so pissed off with the game but if it's any worse than Spawn or or that retarded Phantom Cat deck then have fucking mercy on those players souls because I couldn't do it.
>>
>>403193439
Thankfully things have generally gotten better. Eachtar and dragon are still strong, but there's nothing nearly as bad as Spawn bullshit.
The last two expansions have been relatively low power compared to the previous ones.
But it still means another 9 months before all the garbage from WD and the previous expansions gets filtered into the unlimited shithole.
>>
The only reason I haven't uninstalled is because I pulled Exella and Cerb from my free packs
>>
File: 1480669877415.png (297 KB, 720x437)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
>>403193712

Only a retard would come back to a game with 4 bad expansions, over 9 months of fuck ups. Everyone, including me gave the game chances, plural. My patience and fucks to give are in the negative values now. My fucks to give are so low, I actually have contempt now for people that push this shit unto others and sucker them into it. Shadowverse was fun but its time has pass. Let it die with dignity.
>>
>>403189471
>zero disco dragon support in CG

Fuck you KMR
>>
>>403190073
What? He's used more than ever now thanks to Chronos
>>
File: 1337951629060.jpg (63 KB, 554x439)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>rotation making decks much more expensive since you have to keep up to date and if you don't play unlimited any non-rotation cards are worthless
>rotation killing off several class archetypes forcing them to play maybe 1 or 2 kinds of decks. See: Havencraft that now has nothing but aegis and temple shenanigans
>ridiculous greed with leader cards
This expansion was a mistake.
>>
>>403193712
last time I asked in the general someone said this expansion was worse than TotG and no one called him a faggot or a nigger for talking shit.
>>
>>403195302
>in the general
Those fucks don't know a damn thing about the game. Not to mention that thread is full of esl retards that do nothing but suck dragon cock all day.
>>
>>403193712
>>403193712
Chronogenesis and Starforged Legends are legit good expansions. The problem is that TotG and WD were so bad that the game is still ruined after them.

They can't increase the power level on their newer sets or else the metas following will suffer, but where it is right now, there're a lot of really interesting cards that actually do legit work you can't play due to TotG and WD spillover on both formats.
>>
File: 1413041663312.png (271 KB, 512x384)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>403190073
Discard dragon is unironically the most cancerous and uninteractive deck in the game. The only reason why it wasn't played so often was because it's inconsistent but if you managed to play 2 dragonnewts and play altered fate into another altered fate you win by default.
>>
>>403195547
from what i know they are bitching about dirtburn and portal free storm full board.

>>403195834
it's more interactive than aegis aka dropping tribunal and themis 24/7
>>
File: 1452907937086.gif (1.41 MB, 280x210)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>403190073
>rip
>When literally being cancer incarnate with Chronos combo
Is it already that time again for Dragon to act like one of their legos is weak?
>>
>>403196207
No it isn't. Aegis has to be played on turn 9 and then can only attack you on 10. Assuming you are at full health Aegis would need 3 to 4 turns to kill you while2 dragonnewts/altered fate can kill you on turn 8 at full health.
>>
File: Laughs in nerd.png (839 KB, 1059x622)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
>>403190137
This reminds me of quite possibly my favorite victory I will ever get in any competitive game

>Playing against Dragon with Forest
>He drops the 12/12 that wipes out the board
>My turn
>Forest Curse + Sylvan might
>Dragon DCs
>>
File: 1512739307325.jpg (10 KB, 333x414)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>cygames looked at Lightning Blast's enhanced ability and actually thought that shit balanced
>>
>>403197648
I think the card would've been fine on any other craft. It's just one of those situations where they forgot that Dragon has to be tuned differently because of ramp.
>>
From my personal experience it goes like this. The game released on Steam and people tired of piratewarriorstone bullshit migrated to it because you could play all the classes and lots of different decks had pretty reasonable winrates. The variety made the game fun and they gave us lots of free packs so it was everything the opposite of what we hated about HS. But then came a new expansion and decided to follow up the one deck meta shit from HS and nobody had an argument to defend it anymore. All the expansions from there on pretty much followed this trend until it died completely in the West. The game is still huge esports in Japan but here it's like just yet another CCG living the shadows of Hearthstone. Only huge fans still play shadowverse and they're mostly in /vg/ which sums up reddit and discord kids playing their "obscure" games for the epic win.
>>
>>403192504

>officiall mommy navel

m-maybe I should reinstall
>>
>>403197770
Haven, Blood and Dshit would have been broken with that card as well.
>>
>>403193056
All of those cards were nerfed though.

>>403175428
I've played since steam launch and besides some dry point in the WLD expansion it's been very enjoyable.
Game gives you a lot of free shit to start out with, you can outright make a tier 1 meta deck on day one if you vial (dust) unnecessary stuff.

A bunch of cheap decks are very viable in Unlimited format while Rotation format requires more investment generally due to a slower, more high value card based metagame.
>>
>>403198147
Haven had a turn 9 insta win combo that has never been especially good. A turn 10 banish all enemies wouldn't be much different from a turn 6 Themis except against Shadow, and control Haven already countered Nep super hard.
>>
>>403175428
>>403192504
How do I unlock these ingame?
>>
>>403198627
Mods
>>
>>403175428
>tfw im having more fun making nudes mods than playing the game

>>403198627
there are mods for these on reddit
>>
>>403198147
Blood might've considered it as a tech, but that means it's not developing on 10 which is the whole point of running control blood over another craft. It'd only be there for specific match ups they're aiming for. The problem is that the turn 6 effect is inefficient in virtually all match ups. Haven's big problem playing control is reaching the late game and adding more on their mid-end is difficult to run. DShift would never run it, it's not a good spell boost, doesn't deal with their bad match ups, and chaining it after shift ramping means you're already losing since you aren't just winning off of shift.

It really doesn't seem like you've played any control, ever.
>>
>negative win rate in every expansion
>never any big cards to help it
>anti-meta for months at a time
>people still bitch about it non-stop
>will rotate out and there will never be a deck like it again
wtf bros how could this happen?
>>
Just play Eternal it will be the next big hit.
>>
>>403178152
That's not Gwent.
>>
>>403201279
I do but there's no doubt it's deader than shit. And they're not really doing any favors for new players with all the new sets they keep pushing out. I mean I get that they can't just let the game stagnate for current players but they really don't seem like they care about attracting new ones, especially with the reward reduction a little while back.
>>
>>403198627
They're not actually in the game, they were just used for a skit with the seiyuus

If only cygames would make them into actual leaders. It'd be the only time I'd actually buy crystals
>>
>>403175428
Alot of people play on mobile hence why it won't show up on steam and it's multiplat. Heavenly Aegis players can go die though.
>>
>>403203347
They still give you more stuff than any other digital card game out there. Before it seemed like they didn't even want money as new players could craft top decks without spending a dime.

The game is severely lacking in something really exciting to attract new player tough.
>>
Is eternal having a bad time? Well that's sad but then I stopped playing magic likes since a good while all because no one wants to tackle the mana screw/flood issue even if they are in a digital environment. Also sad how things like spellweaboo who did way more than others is also dead as fuck
>>
>Aegis complaining in this thread
What the fuck?
>>
>>403206005
>Things slow down in rotation
>turns out an 8/8 that cannot be removed in any way shape or form and can be tutored is annoying
>>
>>403206104
just full moon bro
>>
What is the player count for the mobile version?
>>
>>403193439
>>403193712
damn I quit right after I saw RoB I guess I'm smart for doing that
>>
Where are the Eris lewds?
She is the only thing why I care about this game
>>
I quit shadowverse when i saw that they were way overpricing leaders during the worst Fate route cross over.

Also them phasing cards out of competitive play. There's no point in playing if your cards will be useless.

and Portalcraft
>>
>>403195834
no that title absolutely belongs to dimension shift rune back when that was viable
>>
>>403178152
>not vanguard
>>
File: 1514598939630.png (1.63 MB, 853x1024)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
You want to enjoy Shadowverse? Too bad.
>>
>>403206693
Vanguard was cancelled.
>>
Online Android netrunner for when?
(I know about jinteki btw, I'm asking for a task client supported by FFG)
>>
I stopped playing after they killed Elf.
>>
>>403206728
KOUSHIN SEYO
>>
>>403175428
>What happened?
FGO happened.

Jap mobage is always like this. Granblue used to be big until Shadowverse happened and now only diehard fans play it. FGO became the new flavor of the month after Shadowverse.
>>
>>403178152
MTG doesn't work in a digital format.
>>
>>403207120
This is first I've heard that FFG still supports Netrunner.
>>
>>403208619
Can FGO die already so we can new stuff form Type-Moon?
>>
>>403175428
Between expansions and events.
>>
>>403206728
You forgot Thane and shadowbert
>>
SAA

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.