[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: index.jpg (5 KB, 295x171)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
*loses all of its exclusives*
>>
>>403234258
>Mario Maker
>Pikmin 3
>Wonderful 101
>3D World
Pikmin 3 will probably never come over since it fucking requires the gamepad for some segments. Same for W101 but I could see that being worked around.
>>
File: PC.jpg (203 KB, 1500x1500)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>403234258

*emulates your launch title*
>>
File: wiiubingo.png (1.73 MB, 958x1257)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>
>>403235474
come on nintendaddy give me XCX I dint give a shit about your first parties
>>
>>403235474
>Worst Zelda gets a remaster
>Best 3D Mario does not
This kills the WiiU
>>
>>403235474
Man Wii U had such a GOAT library
>>
>>403234718
pikmin 3 can be played without the gamepad
>>
>>403235474
I don't see Twilight Princess on here why are these list always missing aleast one game?
>>
>>403235474
Here's hoping for a devil's third port
>>
>>403236090
Not that anon but I wouldn't play Pikmin 3 without Go Here even if they paid me.
>>
>>403235771
>>Worst Zelda
BotW is crossed off
>>
>>403235474
Aces is a new game, Ultra Smash is still exclusive

and that PoS can stay on the Wii U
>>
>Captain Toad
>Mario Maker
>3D World
>Windwaker HD

Give me these and Im happy to move on from the Wii U forever
>>
>>403236090
It's not an enjoyable experience at all without it.
>>403235771
But TP HD isn't even on that list
>>
>>403235474
WRONG!

Super Mario Maker & NES REMIX and Yoshi's Wooly World, & NES remix are all on the 3DS so technically...

Also Windwaker is itself was on the GCN (and playable on the original Wii).
>>
>>403235474
Why is ultra smash crosses out?
>>
>>403235474
Why is splatoon crossed out as well?
>>
>>403237564
It seems like a list of things he thinks will be ported? Because smash is crossed out too, though splatoon doesn’t make any sense because there’s already the 2nd one
>>
>>403237142
SMM on 3DS doesn't even include a fucking map maker. It's literally Super Mario Map Downloader
>>
>>403234258
But it's not going to, when has a console lost EVERY last exclusive? A Microsoft console?
>>
>>403236221
>devils turd
C'mon anon even the devs lost hope in that game halfway through.
>>
>>403235474
The exact same fucking smash game is on the 3ds you mongoloid
>>
Huge ass WiiU fan here... I am glad that more people will get to play these great games. That is good news.

But my original plan of waiting a year or two to get a Switch while I work through my MAMMOTH WiiU backlog has worked out well. I keep getting vaguely excited about these directs... and every time it is "Shit I beat years ago". With the WiiU it was so much about what badass 1st party stuff was next. This time around for me it is... what 3rd party ports are gonna make it on there for me to play?

I get it... but can't wait till they get all the overpriced ports out of their system and start making new games again.
>>
>>403234258
>worst gimmick to date
>mainstream thinks it's the last console
>gaming enthusiasts think it's weak
>emulatable 3 years in
>hackable 3 years in
>every good game on the system gets ported to the next system as it loses all support
>even kickstarted indieshit drops support early and tells backers there won't be a version for that system
Wii U had a hard life
>>
>>403236528
I can see 3D world and toad combo happening
>>
>>403234258

Good, I want Captain Toad on Switch. He is a cute and brave litel duder who can go on adventures all by himself.
>>
>>403235474
I'd like Mario Maker and Toad Treasure tracker on switch.
I'd try SMT FE too.
>>
File: bundle_color_console.jpg (30 KB, 554x369)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>403234258
>making up for lost revenue by re-releasing games instead of making new ones
>>
>>403237142

Mario Maker 3DS is missing... almost all features that made Mario Maker interesting. Such as... making makes for other people on the internet to play?

NES Remix 3ds is missing a LOT of games/levels compared to the main game. It is close, yeah, but it isnt the full game either.

Although MM is by far the biggest offender of "Well you technically got it on the 3DS but was it really worth it?"

Like playing Hyrule Warriors Legends on a non-New-3DS. Just ouch.
>>
>>403234258
hasnt faggot so try again with your fAKE misinformed faggotry life
>>
>>403238946
This. Nintendo could have put Wii U games on the Switch's Virtual Console, at least. That way, people could still play these games without having to pay $60 a pop.
>>
>>403234258
Nah, it's still got Captain Toad.
>>
>>403236758
See, I thought I was crazy for preferring Pikmin 3 with the gamepad after the Wii remote became compatible. Everyone was saying the Wii remote was ideal and I felt like a dunce for not getting it.
>>
File: 1425316244367-2.png (333 KB, 600x600)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>Own a WiiU
>Get the best library of exclusive of the gen so far
>Own a Switch
>It's rendered basically gameless because I had another console already
>Somehow my WiiU is the bad console in this situation
Explain yourselves Switchtards
>>
If Mario Maker isn't at e3 I'm going to be very sad
There's always Cemu I guess
>>
>>403238946
I don't know if you knew this but it's much faster and cheaper to port a game from one system to another than to make a new game from scratch
>>
>>403239514

Near as I can tell from the internet... the games being ported to the newer console is supposed to retroactively remove any previous fun I had with them on the WiiU.
>>
>>403236528
This is coming from someone who’s never owned a wiiU so give me some patience
>captain toad
Seems like an interesting and unique puzzle game, plus captian toad is one of my favorite mario characters
>mario maker
Looks extremely fun, I’ve seen so many unique and cool looking levels. They ported it to the 3ds but that’s such a dissapointing port with no online for level access, just streetpass. I would love to see them bring this to the switch and desu they probably will.
>3D world
Doesn’t look like anything special, just another mario game, execpt this time it’s a 3D platformer and not a 2D platformer. Looks like it would be fun if only to be a complete dick to your friends
>windwaker HD
Looks like a pretty cool game with a gorgeous artsyle. I don’t know shit about legend of zelda though.
>>
>>403239514
>Thread goes silent
>>
>>403239310
Even if they put a VC inside nintendo would still charge 60 dollar for the port unless you had a wii u they might discount it.
>>
>>403239847
>Under Kimishima now
Not anymore.
>>
>>403239721
The fuck are you talking about? The guy you responded to was comparing eshop digital consoles to ports. You’re fucking comparing full on fucking remakes to ports you retarded ass
>>
>>403239847

That would be them admitting the WiiU ever existed in the first place. Which it clearly never did. Between the Wii and Switch everyone at Nintendo just spent 5 years making a bunch of games then a bunch of DLC for them and just releasing them all together on the Switch.
>>
Reminder that Captain Toad is obviously getting a sequel instead of a port with how much he was shilled in Odyssey
Also give up on 3D World, 3D Mario never gets ports, Shiggy Diggy blocks them. And no, SM64DS wasn't a fucking port you braindead retard.
>>
>>403237564
They made a Splatoon 2, so what's the point of porting the original?
>>
>>403234258
Do people actually want this thing to keep some? Just seemed better to scrap the console and bring everything over that was worth a damn..
>>
>>403240118

Thankfully 3D World wasn't a 3D Mario so it's still on the cards.
>>
>>403240118
Oh and also 3D World runs 60fps with some stuttering for shader caching on at least an i3 and 750Ti, I'm playing through right now
>>
>>403239362
The Wiimote as legitimately good but you still needed the gamepad for functionality. I used a pro controller + gamepad for its situations, not having one at all would make Pikmin 3 downright bad.
>>
>>403240234
>3D World wasn't a 3D Mario
explain
>>
>Porting is cheaper
Let's port and remaster everything, who cares about new shit it's too hard and expensive for the poor poor billion dollar company :(
>>
>>403238946
They sure did learn a thing or two from the ps4
>>
>>403240304

More constrained levels and no free roaming camera. Plays more like a 2D mario than, say, Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy. It is a 2D mario in spirit just expanded out a bit.
>>
File: 1457932896081.png (16 KB, 428x191)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>403235474
I don't get why people are so incessant on trying to change my mind that I didn't like this console. Just because games are getting ported won't retroactively change my fun playing them.
>>
>>403240609
Half their future library is on a cheaper hacked box. Just pray they get better as time goes on.

If shit like DCTF and MK8D are actually filling the roles of the Donkey Kong and Mario Karts for the system will never hear the end of it. Lord knows any games that don't get ported if that does occur will automatically be shit.

I miss when I liked talking about Nintendo games on this board. Switch owners are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>403234258
>doesn't know how to greentext
>>
>>403238804
Game pad is 100x better then wagging
>>
Inferior versions (in the case of the 3DS) and ports after the consoles life (in the case of the Switch) are fundamentally not "losing exclusives".

The only ones the WiiU actually lost as far as I'm aware were Rayman Legends which was a pretty rough gut punch, honestly. And ZombiU which...eh. Lego City Undercover even legitimately waited until the moment the Switch came out to port it to everything.
>>
>>403240316
Yeah, it’s not like nintendo ever actually tries with any of it’s games or experiments with stuff or invests any money in games ever, yeah, kill yourself
>>
>>403241573
Portfags like you should kill themselves instead
>>
File: 1285121282354.png (88 KB, 195x214)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>403241069
>I miss when I liked talking about Nintendo games on this board. Switch owners are fucking insufferable.
This. I have to constantly keep reminding myself that it's not necessarily the Switch I find disappointing; it's mostly the fair-weather Nintendo "fans" (that are starting to sound more and more like bots than actual people) that keep killing any interest I might have had in buying a Switch anytime soon.
>>
>>403235474

only game on there i want for my switch left is tokyo mirage sessions. Wii U was just switch beta.
>>
>>403241573
Switch is lacking in software right now.
BOTW is a port, even Nintendo says as much.
Odyssey is good, but clearly unfinished near the ending and the postgame content really isn't anything special outside of seeing the fruits of your labor from the main game with all the kingdoms back to normal. It's criminal that this game isn't getting more meaningful content.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is fucking great, my contender for best exclusive on the system. Fucking fun ass strategy gameplay with a stupidly fun amount of movement and the most personality the Mario world has had in years, mix in kirkhope doing mario tunes and the fact that the game looks gorgeous and the map and world are fucking crammed with fun little details. Goddamn it's good.
Splatoon 2 is just Splatoon 1 but it plays worse and hasn't had as good of updates.
Xenoblade 2 is unplayable in handheld mode and that's what 1/3rd of Switch owners do. Only 10% play exclusively in TV mode, so that's only 10% of Switch owners who aren't massively affected by the shitshow that was this games performance.
Arms is a dumpsterfire.
Golf Story is neat but it's one of several small dev and indie titles that were supposed to come out over the course of 2017 and the rest of them like Runner 3, Dragon Marked for Death, some elephant game, and a bunch of timed exclusives like Mulaka, and Morphies Law all fell through.
>>
>tfw still playing Wii Fit U

I hope we get a fitness game on the Switch sometime soon.
>>
>>403242709
>>403241069
>Switch owners are insufferable.
This.
I have the same struggle trying to separate. I just don't want to become a giant faggot like the rest of them, so it's actively pushing me away from getting a switch
>>
>>403243181
> Indies
Expect them to come to PC at some point.
>>
>>403243636
>>403242709
I'm an idort who owns pretty much the entire WiiU catalog.
If you have a lot of WiiU games yet/generally don't approve of 60 dollar ports, don't fucking buy yet. Honestly not even if every damn exclusive down to ARMS looks enticing to you.

The exclusives only last so long without BOTW there to be the real meat of it. And then you're left with a kinda pricey multiplat library that's still kinda getting the ball rolling and not quite there yet.

If you just stepped out of a coma, the Switch is the perfect console for you. Otherwise I honestly say wait.
>>
>>403241069
>>403242709
>>403243636

Constant shitposting for years about how remastered ports don't count as games. Constant shitposting for years how weebshit and indies don't count as games. The whole shitposting from Switch fans is really backlash for all the shitposting.

Now that the Wii-U's games are getting ported over. And there's a Nintendo console that consists of exclusives, ports, indies, weebshit, and last gen 3rd party. We can finally stop the pretentious console war Nintendo-fanboy circle jerks and just talk about fucking games.
>>
File: U games.png (2.13 MB, 3000x816)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>403234258
>downgraded ports instead of unique dual screens gaming experience
>>
>>403238829
Captain Mushroom is a cool guy eh finds treasure without jumping and doesnt afraid of anything
>>
>>403245039
>Constant shitposting for years about how remastered ports don't count as games. Constant shitposting for years how weebshit and indies don't count as games. The whole shitposting from Switch fans is really backlash for all the shitposting.
The whole thing is Nintendo being co-opted by industry loving shiteaters. Most 3DS and WiiU owners haven't moved over yet and haven't had good reason to, either. I bought own because idort and nothing I loved about the DS, 3DS, or WiiU is here at all.

There's a ton of Nintendo infighting since the Switch came out because there are clearly a strong number of Nintendo fans who fucking hate the greedy, average industry kike direction Nintendo has taken. Switch Nintendo feels fucking Apple tier.
>>
File: Jesus Christ!.png (1.04 MB, 1280x720)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>
When are switchtards gonna stop making these threads? They keep getting absolutely fucking destroyed each time.
>>
>>403243576
Wii fit is objectively better
>>
>>403245136
>>unique dual screens gaming experience
What the fuck are you talking about? There is absolutely nothing that’s “unique” about the WiiU, also of all things to fucking bring up about uniqueness why dual screens? That was invented years earlier with the DS
>>
>>403236221
Kappa
>>
>>403245675
Best post in this thread by far
>>
>>403249620
Two screens on a console invites potential for unique local multiplayer opportunities nintendo never really cashed in on
>>
A few games will always be better with the gamepad screen for menus/maps - Wind Waker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Deus Ex: HR if you're into that.
>>
>>403250876
Splatoon was as well
>>
*is the only console of the gen with exclusives to lose*
>>
>>403235474
You can mark off Woolly World because that was ported to 3DS.
>>
File: 20170402161108.png (1.27 MB, 1280x720)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>403249620
>There is absolutely nothing that’s “unique” about the WiiU, also of all things to fucking bring up about uniqueness why dual screens? That was invented years earlier with the DS
I talked about full-fledged camera Obscure in Fatal Frame V, communicator in XCX, Pikmin 3 and Lego Undercover, asynchronius segments in Wonderful 101 and Nindendo Land, cockpit view in StarFox Zero, local co-op in Hyrule Warriors, great use in Splatoon, HD Zeldas, Paper Mario and #FE, whole idea of Super Mario Maker and so on.
>>
>>403237219
They just announced a new Mario Tennis game and while it's not a port of Ultra Smash it looks like Ultra Smash if they actually bothered to finish the fucking game.
>>
>>403251256
You can't mark it off for an inferior version lmfao.
>>
>>403234258
Once W101 and Sm4sh get ported, I can finally sell my Wii U.
>>
>>403251435
>Selling your Vidya
Pleb and proud I see
>>
>>403239514

Unironically this.

Owning a Wii U is making it pretty hard for me to justify as Switch at this stage.
>>
This hypocritical Sonyboy shitposting has got to fucking stop. For years and years, there was nothing but shitpost threads about the Wii U having no games and that nobody should buy it. Now that the Switch is selling like hotcakes, shitposters are now trying to dissuade people from buying a Switch to buy a Wii U instead. These same retarded shitposters also make threads about the Wii U's exclusives getting ported, while completely fucking ignoring the 95% of the PS4's library has been remasters from previous gens.
>>
>tfw bought a WiiU primarily for Fatal Frame 5

Funny you say that, OP.
>>
>>403235474

Nintendo would be wise as marketing ploy to re-release TMS:Directors Cut
>>
>>403251642
It's Nintendo fans vs the industry loving shiteater who early adopted a switch and gave a message to nintendo that 60 dollar ports and season passes we're good shit in their book.

Nintendo has quite literally given 3DS and WiiU owners no reason to buy. To call current switch owners "Nintendo fans" would be dishonest
>>
>>403251346
fuck you
>>
>>403251842

>Nintendo has quite literally given 3DS and WiiU owners no reason to buy

Depends on how much you like Mario, same as most Nintendo console launches. That said, there's some pretty nice stuff on the horizon I think, though I don't fault anyone for holding off until something like, I dunno, Metroid Prime 4 or No More Heroes 3 are actually within sight.
>>
>>403251934
>240p
>Have to play it on an uncomfortable 3ds
>Lose co-op
>All for some gimmicky poochy centric worlds
>3DS owners are still trying to peddle what we're basically intended as mini WiiU demos as definitive version.
>>
File: 1447688462360.jpg (453 KB, 1280x720)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>403251653
I love you.
>>
>>403251842
I'm sorry to tell you this anon, but Mario Odyssey is a Switch exclusive. It's also tied for the highest rated game of 2017 and one of the highest rated games in a decade. Neither the PS4 or Xbone has ever had an exclusive anywhere near that highly rated. If Odyssey isn't a good enough exclusive to sell a system, then literally nothing else released on current gen consoles is.
>>
>>403234258
Every old console loses all of its main exclusives due to rereleases, ports, remakes or remasters, stop being a drama bitch. Wii U ports are great since a lot of games sold criminally little back there. Bayo 2, Tropical Dong, Xenoblade X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and W101 all deserve a second chance.
>>
should I buy a Wii(U) for the Zeldas?

I can get a new boxed console plus SKyward Sword and Twilight Princess for like 80 bux
>>
>all those salty Pii U cucks itt
Top kek. Enjoy your dead console, I'll be enjoying superior games on my Switch AND all your games at not shit resolution/framerate.
>>
File: Swissshfag.gif (1.13 MB, 726x400)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
>>403252237
>all deserve a second chance
Not with swisshtards.
>>
>>403251653
So you bought wii u to play a shitty game? Good for you I guess?
>>
>>403252262
This is 100% falseflag Sonyboy shitposting. How many positive Wii U threads have you seen on /v/ in the past few years? Nearly zero. Now that the Switch is the fastest selling console in the only places that matter, Sonyboys are on full damage control and trying to spin it.
>>
>>403252332

To each their own. I actually like Fatal Frame and will buy a console for a good survival horror.
>>
>>403252179
I mean it's good but without the meat of BOTW also on the switch because I played it on WiiU Odyssey only takes me so far.
Plus it's got some glaring flaws that'll probably get called into question more once the switch has games. Cappy throws are definitive. There is never a reason not to use them when platforming and the rest of your moveset sits in disuse. It's also clearly unfinished, Shiverra is tiny and then the ruined and moon kingdom are postage stamps, Bowser kingdom is the size of a 3D world level

There's hardly ONE game that can sell a console you faggot. It's the exclusive library in total.
>>
>>403252258
They all will get ported to the Switch, it's just a matter of time. And we may even get an SS without waggling, so I say wait it out.
>>
>>403251842
There is nothing wrong with ports if you are porting games from a dead console that nobody bought, you fucking retard.
>>
>>403252262
>>403252381
>Switchtards still damage controlling buying 60 dollar ports and thanking nintendo for the pleasure
Lmaooooooo
>>
File: 76563976565467.png (448 KB, 1280x718)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>403252419
>for a good survival horror.
Last good japanese survival horror.
>>
>>403234258

>Has to loose all it's exclusives to sub a game starved system
>>
>>403252471
Your post doesn't refute what I said. Switcheater.
>>
>>403252428
Nigga the PS4 literally only had Bloodborne for a good 2 years and yet it still sold.
>>
>>403252451

Makes sense. Won't get a switch before Nintendo releases a revised version of it though (like they always do at least with their handhelds)
>>
>>403252589
Financial success doesn't mean it's a good console. As evidenced by the fact Nintendo put enough effort I for the WiiU library to stand on it's own besides two games but can't bother to do that for the actually successful switch
>>
>>403252428
>the rest of your moveset sits in disuse
What? You mix the old moves with Cappy, dude. Wanna go really far away? Long jump into Cappy throw. Wanna go high? Triple jump into Cappy throw. Wanna climb a ridiculously high ledge? Ground pound jump into walljump into Cappy throw.
The only move that is underutilized is the side somersault.
>>
>>403234258
It's still backwards compatible unlike the Switch. And better at playing Wii games than the Wii.
>>
>>403251842
>>403252316
>>403252504
>>403252579
Wii u cuck absolutely seething lmao.
>>
>>403252591
I don't think that will be happening any time soon. I can see them making a handheld only Switch SKU for when they release Pokemon, but they don't need to change anything else because they have the different colored joycons and potential variations for that.
>>
>>403252546

Series might stick closely to its guns but that means it never loses its way either. Even Spirit Camera had the right idea, it was just let down in execution by the shitty 3DS tech.
>>
>>403252717
>All of the "variety is do a move before you do your Cappy throw which is identical every single time"
You also seldom ever need a ground pound jump or a long jump, Cappy throws are constantly more than enough on their own
>>
>>403252768
Just accept your fate. The direct was so shitty even WiiU owners are ripping into Switch let's now.
>>
>>403251514
>p-portability!!1
>>
File: 5.png (531 KB, 765x403)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
>>403252816
Personally I adore Spirit Camera.
This was truly unique experience with Purple Diary stuff.
>>
>>403252829
Not him, but I honestly find myself long jumping, ground pound jumping, and rolling all the fucking time. I don't even know if ground pound jumping is new to this game or if it's always been a thing, but that's my go-to move when I need to jump higher in a stationary spot.
>>
>>403252694
>Nintendo put enough effort I for the WiiU library to stand on it's own
Haha what? How many good exclusives did Wii U have again? I guess there's Bayo 2 and uhhh... and uhh.....
>>
>>403252829
If you want advanced movement techniques, then obviously the move that allows you to double jump will always be the most used one. For casual gameplay you don't need to be using Cappy throws all the time, that's just you. You could throw cappy and jump onto it to cross a chasm like a scrub, sure, but you could also just long jump which is a lot faster.
>>
>>403253005
If that were the case this thread wouldn't exist.
>>
>>403251514
Weird how all sorts of people are coming out of the woodwork and pretending to have owned a Wii U or interested in buying one. It's almost as if these are all false flag shitposters.
>>
>>403252914
Wii u tards are just mad that their exclusives are being stolen.
>>
File: 20171203141045.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>403253005
see >>403245136

Besides of shitty Smash 4 and BotW, Wii U library is perfect.
>>
>>403252991
>ground pound jumping
Pretty sure it came from 3D World. Which also premiered the superior rolling move, cause it did damage back then.
>>
>>403253079
It's a fundamental rule of game design that the player always uses the most optimal tool they have for their situation. And it does legitimately feel shit to gimp yourself and intentionally use something you know doesn't work as well.

Odyssey's movement is bad because you have no reason to use anything but one move to solve almost every moon in the game
>>
>>403252970

>Personally I adore Spirit Camera

I...I thought I was the only one. I just wish you could properly play it in the dark. I used to post Spirit Photography shenanigans on Swapnote too. I should replay it sometime, it's been years now.
>>
If WiiU was so good then why didn't anyone bought it? It's Nintendo's Dreamcast, except Nintendo managed to unfuck themselves with Switch unlike Sega.
>>
>>403253132
The absolute state of you
>>
Why are Switch owners fighting against Wii U owners as opposed to Sonyfags?
>>
>>403253349
>Dreamcast
>Bad
Switcheaters just come in and dig their own graves.
>>
>>403253349

The power of good marketing and the impact of the lack thereof. Switch is selling because Nintendo is marketing the fuck out of it whereas normalfags didn't even know WiiU was a new console.
>>
File: 3.png (530 KB, 765x403)
530 KB
530 KB PNG
>>403253273
I played it in the dark with Purple Diary pdf in my tablet.
That bossfight with a ghost boy was scariest shit in my life. Blood stains on the diary surface. I raise my head to the ceiling. Ghost face right in front of me.
>>
>>403253245
Sure, except using Cappy all the time isn't the most optimal tool, it's just the laziest one. You'd be losing time by not long jumping instead of only using Cappy. It's easier, not more optimal.
>>
>>403253452
The "Wii U owners" are false flagging Sonylents.
>>
>>403253452
Nintendo fans vs switch early adopters*
>>
>>403253489

Ah. I used the actual booklet. That's not a bad idea.
>>
>>403253452
But we are. This is pretty obviously yet another roach falseflagging thread.
>>
>>403253519
I'm not a speedrunners autist
>It's just more lazy
The only thing lazy here is the balance of Mario's moveset.
>>
>>403253160
Is this bait?
>ports
>mediocre shovelware
>worst 3D Mario
The only good games on that list are Pikmin, Bayo 2(which is on Switch now) and W101(though it's rather mediocre compared to Platinum's other titles but still fun I guess)
>>
>>403253542
>>403253597
The absolute state of switcheaters.
>>
>>403235474
God what a great library, why did /v/ hate it again?
>>
>>403253761

Because no one bought it.
>>
>>403253452
>Wii U owners
Those exist?
>>
>>403253629
But you were the one that brought up the optimal tool thing. Which is something that every player will use. You even said it yourself.

The balance of Mario's moveset is perfectly fine. You have safe and easy to use but slower moves, and you also have more risky but faster and more optimal moves at your disposal.
>>
>>403253816
>no one bought it
We really live in the worst timeline
>>
File: 20160202213321.png (2.1 MB, 1920x1080)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
>>403253556
I wanna replay it in the day time. Or use a table lamp.

>>403253682
Get a taste, faggot.

>>403253826
More than Swissh owners right now.
>>
>>403253881
It was honestly Nintendo's fault. The name and the marketing were beyond atrocious. In any case, I'm happy those games are getting a second chance to sell well. I hope we get Xeno X and TMS ports soon as well.
>>
>>403253974
>marketing
It's always (((them))) isn't it
>>
>>403253826
>Parroting this meme on the one website where they still outnumber you
Dumb switcheater.
>>
>>403253853
Speedrunning isnt something you're considering during normal play and I honestly think you might be mentally handicapped for suggesting something so profoundly stupid.
>>
>>403253826

All jokes aside, the thing did sell over 13 million units. That's not good but more acclaimed consoles have done worse, like the Dreamcast.
>>
File: WiiU.jpg (291 KB, 1280x960)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>403253103

>Weird how all sorts of people are coming out of the woodwork and pretending to have owned a Wii U or interested in buying one. It's almost as if these are all false flag shitposters.

Or you know, they're people who actually own Wii U's and are just discussing things, fag.
>>
>>403254034
Well, they're the ones that want to sell a product. The problem here is that they failed miserably to even convey the simple fact that the Wii U was a new system and not just an add on for the Wii. Go back to watch the reveal trailer. It's insane.
>>
>>403253923
Huh? Didn't Switch already outsell Wii U? If not it probably will in a few months.
>>
>>403254130
I'm not talking about any speedrunning, you idiot, I'm talking about using the most optimal tools to move around. You know, the thing you literally said yourself?
>>
>>403254143
>Not even a good photoshop
Anon
>>
>>403254236
Why would I be considering Cappy throws being slow in normal play? It doesn't factor in outside of a few specific timed challenges.
>>
>>403254203
It did, yes. In 10 months.
>>
>>403234258
Bad part is it has the superior black ops 2 vs pc
>>
>>403254034

WiiU really did have abhorrent marketing. Not only did the name confuse consumers who don't watch Nintendo's every move but they spent a lot more time showing off the gamepad itself than the console, leading people who did try to pay attention to believe that it was a Wii add-on. Couple that with a hard to sell gimmick, dodgy execution of said gimmick, and a lack of strong first party support out the gate in a failed bid to court third party support, and you have a recipe for disaster. Nintendo did everything wrong with the WiiU, especially completely wasting it's year long lead on PS4 and Xbone.
>>
>>403254039
>being this delusional
What is it with Wii U that turns normal people into blabbering retards?
>>
>>403254308
It's a few million off and with this shit Q1 you can expect it to pass after the 1 year mark. Switch is 11-12 and WiiU is at 15 from BOTW
>>
>>403254303
Because they clearly are?
>throw the hat, go jump onto it, fall on the other side
VS
>just fucking long jump
It's a move and 2 jumps vs a single jump, dude, this is no rocket science.
>>
>>403235474
>Devil's third
Get that trash off of the lost
>>
>>403254143
In the past few years, Wii U threads or threads about Wii U games were virtually nonexistent. Most people who bought a Wii U, myself included, wrote this shit off years ago. I bought BOTW on the Wii U, but recently bought a Switch for Odyssey. Since the Direct, there has been a massive uptick in Wii U threads, most of them with people proclaiming shit like the Wii U had the best library or that everyone owned a Wii U so there is no need to buy a Switch. These are not things that a person who actually bought a Wii U would say. If you bought a Wii U, it's almost inevitable that you will get a Switch.
>>
Port city is disappointing but I loved XCX enough that I'm willing to rebuy it.
>>
>>403254362
If that wasn't the case why are switch owners getting absolutely torn apart itt?
>>
>>403254380
I guess I mixed the news, my bad. It did outsell its lifetime sales in Japan, that was it.
>>
>>403254203
Only in Japan. It's still a a bit behind in WW sales
>>
File: fag.jpg (298 KB, 1280x960)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>403254239

Cry more, fag.
>>
File: R8PE01-1.png (378 KB, 1700x1016)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>>403254494
Like a clockwork
>>
>>403254501
The shitty direct actually broke Switcheaters
>>
>>403254567
>using the same note
Confirmed photoshop
>>
>>403254617
Nah, it was easy ammo for you shitposters, I'll give you that.
>>
>>403254501

>These are not things that a person who actually bought a Wii U would say.

Well, they are saying those things, so you're wrong.

>If you bought a Wii U, it's almost inevitable that you will get a Switch.

In a few years, maybe, but as I said, it has fuck all exclusives at the moment that make the system worth owning.
>>
>>403254617
You really need to use a different shitposting term. Why would anyone eat a Switch? I get you're trying to start the birth of an epic new meme, but all your doing is making it easy to figure out which post is yours.
>>
>>403254820
Only a shiteater would pay 60 dollars for ports and be happy with this situation, on top of paying the most for controllers, getting the shittiest sales, or make bad ports into big financial hits.
Thus, the switcheater
>>
File: vGloPtg.jpg (418 KB, 1500x1458)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>403234258
>>
>>403254948
Inb4 "well I'm just not POOR!"
>>
>>403254948

I agree with that anon, it tries a bit hard and doesn't quite hit the ear right. I've heard worse though, some fucktard in another thread a few days ago was calling it the Scratch. Not even sure what they're getting at with that one. At least switcheater has a logic to it though so points for that.
>>
File: GTA V PS4.jpg (428 KB, 1600x873)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>403254948
>Only a shiteater would pay 60 dollars for ports and be happy with this situation
So there are 70 million shit eaters out there? Sounds about right.
>>
>>403254948
Some of this is actually true, like retardedly expensive controllers and shitty sales, but it's just blatant and embarrassing shitposting to call the Switch out for ports when literally 75% of the PS4's library are ports and remasters. I'm less familiar with the Xbone, so maybe it's not as bad, but because you are on /v/ I know you don't own an Xbone.
>>
>>403255169
>>403255191
B-but Sony
I'm an idort who hates the direction Nintendo is going, you fucking switcheaters
>>
>>403254948
>Only a shiteater would pay 60 dollars for ports and be happy with this situation, on top of paying the most for controllers, getting the shittiest sales, or make bad ports into big financial hits.
You just described a typical Wii U cuck, buddy. Good job.
>>
>>403234258
>still can't play w101 on cemu
Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>403255275
>switcheaters

i thought we were going with bait and switch?
>>
>>403234258
Good it was a shitty console that didn't deserve those exclusives. The hardware sucked it was way over priced and although it had a few good games those ones get a second chance at actually getting played because the nintendo switch is out and even though it's hard ware sucks and it's way overpriced as well people seem to like it more.

So give those games a chance to be played by SOMEONE at least.
>>
>>403254567
You're lucky Australia is the only thing you can read on that receipt, someone might troll you with pizza at your door if you're not careful.
>>
>>403255275
Oh, you're an idiot alright.
>>
>>403255296
Quite literally none of that describes the WiiU besides the two Zelda remakes (not ports)
>>
>>403255275
>not wanting to eat a Switch
Look at them, they look delicious.
>>
>>403255275
>I'm an idort who hates the direction Nintendo is going
Yet you defend Wii U? Something tells me you hate the direction Nintendo is going mostly because you got memed into buying a Wii U and is now salty because you could have spent the money on Switch instead. Or mommy just refuses to buy you one since you already have Wii U.
Probably one of those.
>>
>>403255275
Look my dude, we both know, with absolute 100% certainty, that you are a diehard Sonyboy. It's literal objective fact that Sonyboys/neofag refugees are the biggest shitposters on /v/ and it's always directed toward Nintendo. I'm not entirely sure why Nintendo doing well offends you so much. Maybe it's residual asspain from the "no gaems" meme. Maybe you're menstruating. Either way, it's very transparent that you are a massive Sonyboy.
>>
>>403255457
WiiU was the epitome of consumer friendly for most of it's life. No other company except iwata era Nintendo would have stuck with that flop and tried to make it a success with no other strategy than hey let's make a fuckload of great exclusives for it

Only the most short-sighted and insufferable salesfags should be unable to see that.
>>
>>403255191

Xbone's library issues are crossplats with PC and PS4 (which has a clear market lead), but I couldn't justify owning a PS4 myself until last year because for the first 3 years of its life cycle 80% of its library was crossplat with PS3 and Vita, of which I own both. If you had those in 2013-2016, there was damn near no good reason to own a PS4. Switch has similar issues with the WiiU but unlike a PS3, few people actually owned a WiiU so these ports are more like the good WiiU games getting a proper shot at life.
>>
>>403255382
>Quite literally none of that describes the WiiU
>paying the most for controllers, getting the shittiest sales, or make bad ports into big financial hits
This describes a Wii U owner perfectly, buddy.
>two Zelda remakes (not ports)
>remakes are not ports
Delusion grows thicker.
>>
>>403255639
WiiU pro is the best controller of the gen fagboy and the WiiU is the only Nintendo console where you've ever been able to get physical copies for substantial discounts because it was a failure, it was fucking raining cheap WiiU games for years.

Compare WWHD and TPHD to nabbit Kong if you want, it does my job for me.
>>
>>403255569
All that is absolutely true. Yet it has nothing to do with the system being dead and a handful of its games being ported to their current system. This is nothing new, dude. Were you mad about Mario All Stars back in 1990 and fucking 3 too?
>>
>>403255352
The Switch is going to be overpriced once paid online starts. That’s going to devalue every online game on the system.
>>
>>403255769
What the fuck are you TALKING about it has nothing to do with the direction nintendo is going? On top of the 60 dollar price gouging ports they're charging for online, jacked up the price of the peripherals and there are more Nintendo switch exclusives with season passes than not.

It's a complete and total departure from what made Nintendo good.
>>
>>403255817
IF it happens. They've delayed it twice. At this point they'll probably keep online play free and just make a plus subscription service with "free" games and whatnot.
>>
>>403255569
>hey let's make a fuckload of great exclusives for it
Wii u had some good exclusives mainly Bayonetta 2, W101, Dong Freeze and XCX but there weren't any actually great ones and neither there were fuckload of them.
In the end Wii U will always be remembered as one of the worst flops in gaming that had a few good games and nothing more than that.
>>
>>403255939
>IF
Genuinely delusional
>>
>>403255939
You better hope that’s the case, for everyone’s sake.
>>
>>403251514
literally the only reason i would get a switch is for metroid prime 4
havent given a shit about mario since galaxy
>>
>>403256034
>It's the name 5 or so WiiU games and say that's and and they weren't even that great canned response
I swear it's like talking to the same 5 bots.
>>
>>403234258

>last gen

Anyway, don't see too many people crying over last gen ports from other systems. But this is Nintendo, and we gotta hate them because reasons.
>>
>>403256102
That's all*
>>
>>403256102
>say that the games were good but not some 20/10 masterpieces
>autist spergs out
Kill yourself, drone.
>>
>>403255885
>the direction nintendo is going
Ports from old systems are nothing new, you absolute retard.
>they're charging for online
No, they fucking aren't, at least not yet.

>jacked up the price of the peripherals
Controllers have always been expensive.

>Nintendo switch exclusives with season passes than not

>Nintendo switch exclusives with season passes than not
That's not true, and also, blame every other company ever. So you want Nintendo to be the only retards that lose money on their games? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>403256153
>He thinks the switch is ninth gen
Hababababababababa
>>
>>403234258
I'm fine with that, the WiiU had some great games and i'm glad they'll get the attention they deserve.
>>
>>403256198
>This entire fucking post
Textbook switcheater
>>
>>403256243
>baba
Did you suffer a stroke? Also, it is.
>>
>>403255885
Are you seriously saying that Nintendo was better during Wii U time than now? You really can't be this delusional right? Jesus Christ, man.
>>
>>403256306
>using your brain for a second is bad now
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>403234258
OP, what you mean with a blank picture losing all it's exclusives?
>>
>>403256338
I much prefer it as of right now

It's the same library but theyre greedier. What's to like?
>>
>>403256356
being a blind fanboy isn't "using your brain"
>>
>>403256410
>Switchtards are resorting to just pretending the WiiU doesn't exist
Would be funny if it wasn't so sad
>>
>>403256484
Using simple logic is not what fanboys do. The problem here is you being a mindless hater.
>>
>>403256531
Go ahead, ask people on the street about it.
>>
>>403256551
You literally used "don't you want them to make money?" In your argument
>>
>>403256616
You are on 4chan.
>>
>>403256456
>What's to like?
Gee I don't know, maybe the fact that Switch is actually selling and won't be dead and abandoned in 2 years like Wii U was?
>>
>>403256625
And that's simple logic. You see, Nintendo is not a fucking charity. Maybe you should go learn how the world works, read an economy book or something. Ever heard of the invisible hand?
>>
>>403234718
Pikmin 3 is best played without the gamepad. Given, its best with the Wiimote and Nunchuk, so I dont know how that would transfer over to the Joy-con
>>
>>403256715
>Is actually selling
I own stock?
>>
>>403236307
Yeah this. I quite enjoyed pikmin 3, but without the automated movement I don't think I could replay it.
>>
File: 1514870211066.jpg (153 KB, 1024x768)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>403234258
Why is that a bad thing? Do these games magically disappear once it's on another platform?
Don't you want people to experience these good games?
>>
>>403256783
>and won't be dead and abandoned in 2 years like Wii U was
You probably don't own stock since that requires a working brain to buy.
>>
>>403256865
I'd rather they not get jewed and thank their Masters in the process. Makes me feel dirty.
>>
>>403254501
That's a lie, also because we've been having these "lol Wii U sucks" threads constantly for years. In that regard nothing changed here, I don't believe the "Switch owners are all mad shitposters" meme, /v/ is just running it's course shitting on a Nintendo dead horse
>>
>>403256902
Given the unfortunate half gen timing of the Switch I think you're in for a rude awakaneing in a few years time anon.
>>
>>403256865
>Wants their games.
>Will berate and belittle the people who owns the previous system who actually made the company get to the point where Nintendo canmake the Switch happen.

It’s one thing to want games, but people shouldn’t be fucking insulting the people who played them originally and the system it was originally on.
>>
>>403257026
>diminishing returns
>people will only adapt 4k when their 1080p monitors die because it's something nobody needs
Not really.
>>
>>403257135
It’s just sonybros
>>
>>403257190
Keep telling yourself that. There's been more than enough timestamped pictures since the last direct to prove you wrong and you know it. So just keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>403257026
>implying there will be a new gen or piss5
As a member of PC+Switch+3DS God Race I laugh at you sonyjabronies.
>>
>>403257135
Weird, I haven't seen many people complain about ports on other systems in the past
That's like saying the Xbox Backwards Compatibility is an insult to previous owners
Why should they be? Are they angry someone else can enjoy it?
Do you have to go to their houses and ask them for permission and they hold you a NO FUN ALLOWED sign right up to your face?
>>
Anyone think we'll get WWHD and TPHD on the Switch?
>>
>>403256865
It's special with the Wii U because it was so not successful, so shitposters have to pretend this is a big fuck you to the supposedly loyal Wii U audience as if the ports cancel the fact that we already enjoyed those games. Also it indirectly insults the Switch too because shitposters can say that all it has are Wii U ports

tl;dr it's Nintendo so we must shitpost
>>
That's a good thing. All of the retards who say the Wii U has a great library will have nothing to fall back on when the "great" games they point to sell like shit on the Switch.
>>
>>403257368
Mario Kart 8 and BOTW are like the best selling games on the switch

Delusional switchtard
>>
>>403257368
>the SNES is not the best console of all time anymore cause you can play most of its games on the fucking Wii
The games being ported won't stop the original system from having great games, you absolute retard.
>>
>>403257135
You have a really strong persecution complex, you know that right? Go see a shrink.
>>
>>403257368
But shitposter-kun, Switch games sells like hotcakes.
>>
>>403257562
Nah, Switchtards are the most insufferable fanbase /v/ has ever had to deal with. I pray you faggots calm down once you're not the only ones with an early adopted platform any more.
>>
>>403257319
I’m not talking about Wii U owners complaining about ports. That’s stupid. Mire software on the Switch is fine. I’m talking about the Switch owners talking shit to the people who bought a Wii U and the system, despite wanting its games.

>>403257368
Fuck off.
>>
>>403257275
Kiddies that skipped WiiU are just as bad as sonybros
>>
File: 1497185033255.jpg (12 KB, 201x199)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>403257551
The guy insulting Nintendo games getting on his system of choice... is a Nintendo fan?
>>
>>403257135
Switchfags don't give a shit about Nintendo, they're bandwagoners who only like the Switch cause it's trendy and has the latest open world meme game.
>>
>>403257645
>Switchtards are the most insufferable fanbase /v/ has ever had to deal with
t. Sony jabroni
>>
>>403257695
Oh let me guess, only non-Zelda fans actually like BotW?

I don't own a Switch btw
>>
>>403257551
>BOTW
>Wii U game
Wii U version is a Switch port, retard. And a shitty one at that.
>>
>>403257551
Nobody thinks of BotW as a Wii U game. It's a Switch launch title. MK8D is not MK8.

But you do realize that two games does not a library make. What about all of those supposedly "great" Wii U games like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 that flopped? If you think they'd fare any better on the Switch, you're the one that's delusional.

>>403257557
If they were so great, why didn't they sell Wii Us?

>>403257626
How's 1-2 Switch doing? How about that port of Lego City Undercover that was considered a "good" Wii U game?
>>
>>403257712
t. bandwagoning Switchfag who thought Nintendo was "gay and kiddie" until they made Zelda open world
>>403257798
That's literally true, BotWfags have demonstrated their immense dislike and ignorance of the Zelda franchise time and time again
>>
>>403257812
Nah, it's the other way around. Development was on Wii U, just like TP was developed for Gamecube.
>>
File: 1514190248126.png (259 KB, 1198x1200)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>403257812
>>403257813
For real niggers?

This settles it, the retards here are just falseflaggibg assholes

>>403257962
But I'm a BotW fan and I love all the other 3D Zeldas too, and again I don't have a Switch so it's not like I'm trying to rationalize an early adoption

FUCK OFF FALSEFLAGGERS. Or I guess you could also be just contrarians of sorts, I don't fucking know
>>
>>403257812

>Switch Port

No.

>Shitty one at that

Other than 900p to 720p, it's literally identical.
>>
>>403257813
They sold at least a million units. NEXT!
>>
>>403235474
I can see SMM and Sm4sh getting ports

Everything else will probably just die with the console unless Nintendo puts up Virtual Wii U Console releases for the switch
>>
>>403234916
>> Doesn't know the Wii U was dead when Zelda came out.

>>He meant to put Switch launch title, not Wii U but is a dumb troll so he doesn't actually know what he meant.

>>Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>403240175
But that doesn't cancel the original from existence, especially considering the online is still active
>>
>>403258362
>They sold at least a million units.
1-2 Switch is the only one of those games that has sold at least 1 million units, on a system that has so far sold 10 million units.

The Wii U sold 13.5 million units and Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Lego City Undercover didn't manage a million.
>>
>>403238946
>implying the wii u sold enough for the average person to get a chance to play any of its exclusives

I don't really think this is a bad thing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.