[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: dbzf down.jpg (182 KB, 948x860)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>
But Smash sells millions every time?
>>
Because they suck unless you're a screeching autist.
>>
Because the amount of time to get good could be used finishing 3 other games.
>>
>>406717198
Because people can't handle being 100% of the blame when they lose.
When it comes to FPS, MOBAs, card games and whatever you can just blame it on "shitty teammates" or "bag RNG"
>>
>>406717402
This is literally untrue. Fighting games are bad because they're not rewarding at all.
>>
>>406717402
pretty much this.
online gaming was a mistake.
>>
>>406717198
There is a reason why people will tell you to NEVER EVER buy fighting games on PC Shitter Race.
Some faggots will never listen.
>>
>>406717456
It is true dumb underage kid. The reward of fighting games is winning, just like everything else. It's just that when you get your shit slapped in a fighting game, you can't deflect your loss on something outside of your control. You simply lost because the other person outplayed you. Simple as thatt.
>>
File: bart.jpg (37 KB, 524x403)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
the market got oversaturated during the ps2 era. casuals stopped caring by the time the 360 era started, which is why you didnt see many fighting games during that point and it still hasnt fully recovered yet. the fps genre is going through a similar effect.
>>
>>406717198
>On steam
Nigger please
>>
>>406717339
Smash isn't a fightan game.
>>
>>406717456
What the fuck? Is this supposed to be a shitpost?
How the hell in your mind are fighting games not rewarding at all?
>>
>On steam
>>
>>406717198
Because its riddled with autism and noone wants to play with autists. Simple as that. Bring back single player stuff and people would flock back.
Reason so many of them dropped after two weeks will be because they have finished all the single player shit.
>>
Because infinite combos aren't fun.
>>
>>406717198
Try releasing your games without denuvo.
I didn't even buy the game because of this crap and I know I am not alone.
>>
>>406717198
Just my subjective experience, but a lot of fighting game fans are older guys like me who came of age in the 90s, and liked anime. So you'd think we'd be the core demographic for games like this.
Their problem? Its Windows-only.

See, if you liked anime in the 90s like me you were probably a huge dork and got into Linux early and got a high paying job. If this game was on Linux I'd totally pick it up on Steam and play the shit out of it.
Since its not I'll just keep playing the classic arcade fighting games that are easily available everywhere.
KOF 2002 was free today on GoG.
>>
Devfag here. If it's only 80%, that's very good. The average is more like 95%.
>>
>>406717591
But you can constantly because fighting games can't seem to be made with decent servers in place
>>
>>406717367
>3 other games
More like 300. I’ve played Tekken 7 for like 400 hours and I’m still trash at it.
>>
File: 1516742369502.jpg (86 KB, 625x560)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>406717456
>>
>>406717198
because local multiplayer is dead
>>
>>406717665
They're stupid and nobody but autists care about them. Fighting games are for blacks and nips, everybody else has been tricked into buying a copy.
>>
>>406717402
This, along with the barrier to entry. You actually have to put in a bit of work to have a chance of winning.

>>406717565
Fighting games always get the initial burst + washout rate. It's no different on console.

>>406717612
Casuals never could handle it really. Online just allowed for people who thought they were good to get their ass beat so hard they gave up on the game even casually.
>>
>>406717824
>Devfag here.
sure, kid. and i'm malcom x.
>>
>>406717402
This man is 100% correct.
>>406717496
>online gaming was a mistake.
Not online gaming, team based mp is cancer incarnate - or at least the modern approach ever since COD on it. It enables and leads to what the other anon said:
>"When it comes to FPS, MOBAs, card games and whatever you can just blame it on "shitty teammates" or "bag RNG"
That's also the reason why arena shooters and rts pretty much disappeared, because it was all about your own skill with no one else to blame but yourself for getting rekt.
>>
File: 1419916172291.png (50 KB, 353x358)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>406717198
>the biggest Fighting Game Ever

...what? It was just another Dragon Ball Z fighting game.
I mean don't get me wrong I love the people who make Guilty Gear, they do make good fighting games, but I wasn't particularly excited for the theme of this one.

I just want to know what the ground for this hype is?
>>
>fighting games n PC
>>
File: this again.jpg (13 KB, 300x177)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>406717198
>>
>>406717836
Even if the servers are shit, they're still a difference and you will still lose if the person is better than you. The only exception is when they do some lagswitch bullshit to pretty much prevent you from play or they hack the game to give you infinite health.
>>
>>406717198

Because there's is no way for casuals to enjoy it. If you suck you suck, there's no team to carry you to victory you have to put you head down and do it all yourself and take all the blame for your losses.

In games like overmeme and call of duty, you can be a bad player and still win games or get kills and that's why they're so popular with casuals.
>>
>>406717612
>Oversatured
Translated to
>We're too fucking lazy to pick out a game that isn't Capcom.
>>
>>406717198
DBFZ has fucking terrible online infrastructure which is a surprise conceding how good GG’s is also most people bounce off all fighting games after getting BTFO online a few times
>>
File: 1504296739784.png (51 KB, 255x255)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>fighting games
>on PC
I still remember /v/pcmr saying it will retain 20k a month after launch
>>
>>406717198
The main fanbase of FG's is on console.
FG audience isn't that large.
Scrubs got their ass kicked online and don't want to play anymore.
>>
File: Adell.jpg (340 KB, 853x1000)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
Its because normies get frustrated on it.

Normie players outnumber hardcore gamers, let's be honest, and hardcore gamers outnumber fighting game players.

When a new fighting game comes out, Chad might get it, beat storymode, and then get rather comfortable with it...until they hit online, where chances are if they haven't grown up on the genre, they get owned, and they get owned hard. They get owned so hard, they get turned off from playing the game.

Smash doesn't have that problem, because smash isn't a fighting game, it's a party game with fighting elements. You can still have fun with others;

But not everyone has the "I've failed, so I have to work to get better" mentality. Most people say fuck it when they lose five times straight. It's ultimately why fighting games take massive dives in player base after the first month or so, don't hold me to numbers because I'm pulling it out of my ass, but I'd like to think that after three months, 75% of the people who have bought a fighting game have already dropped it, leaving the other 25%, whom are the really good players.
>>
>>406717938
>It's no different on console.
except it is. people on ps3 still play 3rd strike to this day.
fighting games on PC have always been a joke, even in the early 90s. this will never change.
>>
>>406717402
and people can handle teammates "ruining" their matches every time they lose? i'd much fight 1 v 1 with no screeching babies on my team, having to baby sit man children that rather argue and ruin the match than play the game destroyed my enjoyment of team games
>>
>>406717198
Shiite inputs.
>>
>>406718016
idk dude its almost like some people enjoy dragon ball
>>
>>406718134
you can just highlight the text you want to green text, click reply, and it will automatically green text it for you
>>
>>406717198
Dragonball fans are mostly retarded kids that are complete shit at games. Once they realized they can't git gud, they gave up on it.
>>
>>406717198
They aren't made with online in mind

>Play Fighting game with other guys on the couch
>They start playing cheap
>Kick 'em in the dick

>Play online
>They start playing cheap
>LOLOLOLOL IF I CAN DO IT ITS PART OF THE GAME
>>
>>406717198
The online is fucking awful, last I checked Ring Matches still don't work for like 80% of people. Myself included.
>>
>get a match
>get shit stomped
>now I get to choose between spending 1000 hours getting pro at the game or doing literally anything else

Party games like smash don't have this kind of barrier to entry.
>>
File: 1518471298176.png (599 KB, 586x513)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
You know, you guys are laughing at fighters for always losing players but if Dark Souls was actually filtering shitters this well you would all take it as a huge success.
>>
Shite inputs
>>
>>406718440
this. DBZ fans are actually casual, normalfag tier
>>
>>406717367
>>406717402
These. It takes a monstrous amount of time to reach that "level of competence" and it's always your fault for losing, which discourages a lot of people. Casuals also don't find it fun/rewarding to play competitively if they keep getting destroyed, it's much more fun to just pick up easy and accessible games. People won't trash talk you and make you feel bad for not being 'good' at beat 'em up games for example, as there's not really a difference between those and fighting games at that skill-level. It's just a shame since I really like fighting games and wish they were more popular even if I'm ass at them.
>>
>>406717198
if you're bad it's legit no fun so people just never pick it up again
>>
>>406718016
it had the highest launch numbers for a fighting game on PC at 40k~

i suppose DBZ is the one brand that actually attracted the most mass market, besides something like smash brothers. I too wasnt really drawn by the whole DBZ theme, its overplayed and fucking boring with too many of the samey saiyans with the same kameha beam moves
>>
File: 1477619133766.jpg (12 KB, 200x190)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>406717836
sure kid who doesnt like fighting games talking about fighting game servers.
>>
>>406718529
>god awful at smash and get bodied all the time
>the really good at real fighting games
>>
>>406717198
people are probably turned off by the disconnection issues and have put it down until it gets patched.
>>
>Wow, fuck PC autists
>OH NONONONO
>Fighting games on PC

Oh look, if you check the population, it says 6k players.
/v/ once again admits it doesn't really care about fighting games.
>Oh no, SIX THOUSAND PEOPLE IN A 1V1 GAME!
>>
Shit inputs
>>
Did they patch the ring matches shit yet?
>>
Genre has been dead in the US since arcades died out.

It's just a hobby thing now, rather than a competition.
>>
File: mk9.jpg (98 KB, 500x542)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Was this game not hugely popular? I thought it was the best MK and probably one of the top 2 fighting games ever.
>>
File: 1416437778252.jpg (81 KB, 1022x1126)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>406717198

>Try characters
>Learn combos
>Think you are ok
>Go online, get destroyed
>Learn more combos
>Learn match ups
>Go online, get destroyed
>You are a yellow square now
>Try to get better
>Invest time
>Get destroyed
>Get destroyed
>Get destroyed
>Invested 200 hrs at this point
>All so you can beat xxSSJxNarutoxx online
>You arent even in the top 500 on leaderboards
>Game starts to die for the next fighting game release
>Congrats on being semi good at a dead game, move on to the next one and do it again or quit right now

Gee, I wonder why when fighting games got more complex they started to die out. That, coupled with AAA's philosophy of maybe a month tops of time invested then plan on another release/update kills a genre where experience is often the deciding factor.
>>
>>406718026
>Implying people don't abuse every bullshit thing they can in fighting online.
You can claim anything goes, but that's half the reason why people go "fuck this" and drop the game
>>
>>406718579

I'm all for a challenge, but fighting games are basically built on autistic levels of unintuitive control. Also, humans will never be able to play at the level of salty bet, so it's all moot anyway.
>>
Snk heroines will be the best.

Bring back beat em ups and schmups.
>>
>>406717198
>Steam

mustards don't play fighting games
>>
>>406718780
I fucking hope im not the only one that send ArcSys angry tweets about that.
Haven't had a game all day.
>>
honestly, if you didnt grow up with fighting games you are gonna be shit at it for life
>>
>>406718448
Fucking this
>>406718667
>Tekken 7
>Street Fighter V
>Good servers
Fuck off retard
>>
>>406717198
>*on steam

So who gives a fuck?
>>
i don't boot fighting games up often, because i know it's just going to be one long training session for shit that i'll forget immediately afterwards. if i had a friend to play with, it would be less of an issue. don't really care about getting my ass kicked online, but in order to improve just getting thrown around won't do shit. tutorial and practice stuff is boring. i'd rather read a book or do something more productive. fighting games are too obvious about wasting my time. i'll get back to dbfz at some point though.
>>
>>406718867
The key to success is to keep playing the dead game that way you can pretend you're a bigshot when you beat all the other nobodies.
>>
theyre boring as hell
>>
>>406719034
Servers & Netcode for every fighting game is unacceptable trash. GGPO is so much better than everything else but japs won't use it.
>>
>>406718928
I lol'd
>>
>>406719034
Can't speak for SFV but T7s netcode is just fine if you just aren't from a 3rd world shithole like Italy.
So go BING BING WAHOOO yourself pizza pusher.
>>
>>406719284
You dont even know what GGPO is.
>>
>>406717198
It’s a dead genre. Smash is the only fighting game that has a future.
>>
DBFZ has shit online on all systems and Marvel-style mechanics are offputting
>>
Fuck yeah, now people can actually move on to a well-designed and respected game like MvC: Infin--
>>
>>406719350
Here's your (You)
>>
>>406717198
>PC
>Fighting games
It's ded jim. PC gamers actually have choice for more than one type of competitive game, so why would they stick with one with almost no depth relatively?
>>
File: 0.jpg (29 KB, 499x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Fighting games have always been that game you can play with a friend when he comes over and not something you grind 24/7 like an mmo.
People don't take that genre too serious, unless you are a fighting stick turbo nerd
>>
>>406719316
Dont
>>
It only takes one really good player to sit down, play through matchmaking all day and cause dozens of people to drop the game.
Also super-dash is an awful fucking mechanic so it doesn't help games entirely revolve around it
>>
>>406717836
You're right, but in my experience that's even more disheartening
>>
>>406717198
>Down 80%
>Fighting games
>PC
There's your problem
>>
File: 1310616610496.jpg (14 KB, 266x255)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>406719598
How can I not when you, along with your opinions, are complete and utter jokes?
>>
>>406719570
>6000 players
>Dead
SFV in comparison only has 1700, and was only barely below 5k during the arcade edition release.
>>
>>406717591
That's the issue, winning is the fun, the actual game isn't. Unless the game AND winning is fun, you're only going to hand the minority of autis tryhards playing.
>>
>>406719819
Because they're not you faggit.
>>
>>406717198
Isn't this only for the PC player base?
>>
File: nd8ez8ksnb501[1].jpg (75 KB, 1334x1334)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>406717198
Brawlhalla is actually better so I'm glad it's the top dog fighting game again.
>>
>>406719824
SFV has crossplay. So the PC turds can at least leech off PS4 players.

DBZF, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, etc don't have crossplay.
>>
>>406717198
>using steam as a barometer for the success of a fighter

well done retards
>>
>>406717198
And yet everyone said this would happen.
>>
>>406718016
>just another dbz fighting game

we've literally never had a good 2d dbz fighter before

I assume mostly because no studio felt competent enough to make a good one
>>
Admittedly I'm a fight game casual, but it just felt like the system was that intuitive beyond the basic combos. I've watched enough 'how-to' videos to understand how it works, but to be able to do all that stuff on the regular just seems a bit much. Way too many mechanics at once. At least compared to other genres.

Fun game for the story and the every now and then gameplay. Just isn't easy to pick up if it's your first fighting game.
>>
>>406720015
>smash clone
>fighting game
lmao
>>
>>406720194
>we've literally never had a good 2d dbz fighter before

And we still don't.
>>
>>406720073
That's not even a goalpost movement, that's just pretending a game having 4 times the population of a game with crossplay is "dead".
Hell, how is ANY 1v1 game with a 5k population dead?
>>
>>406717198
playing a fighting game makes me feel so shit at it
that i come here to complain about it being shit, and i am told to keep playing, what the fuck??
fuck that shit i say, "practising" and "training" are bullshit that fightan autists tell you so they have people to play against, the sore losers
>>
>>406720203
*wasn't* that intuitive
>>
>>406717198
The very best players wind up giving a very hard time to everyone worse than them. They will straight up demoralize anyone who's not as good as them until they give up and decide not to play any more. No one likes spending their entire time playing these types of games on the juggled end of 300 hit combo with only 1 second to breathe in between those 300 hit combos.
>>
>>406717921
I hear PUBG is super cool and fun!!
And the streamers have such funny reactions and epic moments there too! Fuck fighting games!
>>
>>406719651
Super dash is easy to counter and a non-issue, the real issue is the same one that has persisted throughout the post-MvC2 world: the games are made to be intentionally retarded, rather than unintentionally retarded. Old Marvel games were messy, unpolished sprite dumps beloved because Capcom didn't put that much thought into their systems, so the games came out as these steaming hot messes of fucking fun with MvC2 being the supreme king of these fucking kusoge. When they revived the franchise with MvC3, it had been a whole decade since MvC2, the people behind the game were completely different, and the mindset behind the game was completely different because of the fucking decade long competitive legacy MvC2 had built up. Capcom was literally incapable of making a proper follow up to the classic games and instead just made a game that was retarded on purpose, which lead to MvC3 and UMvC3 feeling homogenized and dull in comparison and gave birth to retarded mechanics like X-Factor. DBFZ draws most of its inspiration from MvC3 rather than the older games right down to having literal fucking X-Factor in the game, so it feels just as dull and homogenized, if not more so due to simplified movesets, more universal mechanics and limited assists.
>>
>>406720248
>platform fighters aren't fighters because an old chinese guy who made a platform fighter says his platform fighter is a party game

Fucking dumbass
>>
>>406717198
because most people on Steam have over 100 games and would rather not commit to one in the pile of many.
>>
>>406718016
This game's sales numbers have been incredible, like higher than any DBZ game before and higher than any Street Fighter/Tekken/Mortal Kombat installment in at least a decade.

I'm not sure why it's such a phenomenon actually, but it is. It made a fortune.
>>
File: 50644front-102250.jpg (58 KB, 640x446)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>406720194
>>406720253
>we've literally never had a good 2d dbz fighter before
>>
Fighterz is an especially frustrating and intimidating fighting game due to the heavy focus on combos and learning multiple characters.

No surprise tons of people who bought it are done.
>>
>>406720269
It's losing players faster than Tekken, a much better game.

It will keep dropping.
>>
>buy fighters
>play online for nearly a month
>stop playing unless local stuff or waiting for new characters to pull me back in
>>
File: 1509411691679.png (78 KB, 256x256)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>406718867
>Another fucking post complaining about a fighting game dying a month after it's release
PLAY STREET FIGHTER, YOU FUCKING RETARDS. IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE ALIVE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS FUCKING MINIMUM.
IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY CONCERN, JUST PLAY STREET FIGHTER. HOLY SHIT. I'VE BEEN PLAYING TWO YEARS STRAIGHT SINCE IT'S LAUNCH AND ALWAYS FIND GAMES.
>>
>>406720253
We've never had a good DBZ fighter period, no reason to take your game 15 years into the past
>>
>>406720604
it's the exact opposite, tons of people have shittons of games in their library but end up playing the same one or two games for hundreds of hours
>>
Who unnironically keep play the game after ending the story?
>>
>Play Skullgirls
>Link a launcher into a myriad of different moves each character specific, being able to create different combos with different properties since everyone's buttons are different even if they're the same strength
>Play DBFZ
>launcher into light, medium, jump cancel, light, medium special/super for everyone

I'm not even an advanced player in either game, and I still find DBFZ fun, it just gets a little stale much more quickly. It did get me to appreciate Skullgirls and MvC2 more though.
>>
>>406721115
But SFV isn't all that fun. It really stresses me out whenever I play.
>>
Every fucking time there's a fighting game thread the smash fags have to drag their sorry asses in and try to assert themselves in any way possible in a sad, desperate attempt to gain respect from fighting game players, only to ultimately be laughed at and ridiculed time and time again. They never stop trying to prove themselves as if anyone gives a shit about them and they derail every single thread they are in. Out of all the gaming communities the smashfags are definitely at the bottom of the food chain right next to csgo and mobas, like a fucking worm trying to fight an eagle.
>>
>>406721560
You're suppose to find enjoyment from learning and improving, not scrubbing out wins by using the same old beginner tactics and tricks.
>>
HOW TO FIX THE FIGHTING GENRE:
>Get rid of ridiculous inputs sequences. In the same way you don't need to perform a Russian folk dance any time you want to move a piece on Chess, the most complex thing you should do is a Forward + attack. Or even better, map special attacks to a single button; easy to do in an age of controllers having 8 buttons.
>Give characters a shorter moveset. A game doesn't need every character to have 20 different attacks. Four normals, four specials and a super are enough.
>Get rid of every single bar until only the health and special attack remains. You don't need anything else: health to determinate the victor, special to execute the character's strongest attack
>Get rid of hidden mechanics. Shit like "if you input this particularly long and ridiculous sequence you can sacrifice three bars to cancel your current attack and start another as long as your lifebar is blinking purple" makes the game inaccessible to normal human beings, allowing only autists to thrive.
>Dedicated block button. Hold backwards is retarded and unintuitive.
>Reduce movement options to walk and jump; Super jumps, double jumps, triple jumps, mini jumps, 3/4 jumps, half press jumps, all of that makes the game clunky for no reason
>Balance the games in a way a beginner isn't completely helpless against an experienced player, regardless of how much experience it has. You never see a basketball game where the stronger team holds the ball 100% of the time and the weaker team never touches it.

That's it.
Capcom, Arc System Works, Namco, I saved your genre from stagnation and ruin and your business from bankruptcy. No need to be thankful.
>>
>>406721710
>implying its not fighting game fags
you must be new on 4chan or don't know how annoying was before vg was created
>>
>>406721861
and by fighting game fags i mean the sf4 faggots of
>if the game isn't exactly like this one . and made by crapcum . its shit
>>
File: Supes_hitler.jpg (20 KB, 200x200)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>406721820
I agree with everything except holding back to block.
>>
>>406717198
I bought the game just to play through the campaign because I like Dragon Ball. I know at least 3 people irl who did the same, I'm guessing a lot of sales come from Dragon Ball fans that aren't into fighting games, and now that they're done with the single-player content they are putting the game away.
>>
File: 1518240105575.jpg (2.26 MB, 1685x8011)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>406717632
HERE WE GO
>>
>>406721820
i'd rather have a small exclusive community to play with than to make it full blown casual trash like you want it to be and be flooded by normalfags, that can't handle six buttons to press. Your kind has already destroyed first person shooters, you have no place in fighting games.
>>
>>406717817
>KOF 2002 was free today on GoG.
I can't wait to play it in bed on my Mac._____
>>
>>406721820
So you want to play SNK Gal Fighters is what you're saying?
>>
>>406722353
>i'd rather have a small exclusive community to play with than to make it full blown casual trash like you want it to be and be flooded by normalfags
It doesn't need to be as casual as he wants it to be, but you're not saying the game isn't overly complicated right? Some of the mechanics just don't need to be in the game as they are now.
>>
File: 1491060222466.jpg (57 KB, 600x600)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Predict DBFZ's EVO numbers
>>
>>406721820
It's called Fantasy Strike and guess what, nobody plays it. Too boring for casuals, too boring for fighting game players. A compromise that satisfies nobody.
>>
>>406722697

First year boosts are real. Even Tekken got over 1k
>>
>>406721820
>lower the skill ceiling in every way so that any braindead mongoloid can pick it up and be competitive
>literally make a game where the most skilled player doesn't always win
>"this will save the genre!"

6/10 obvious bait but i'm still pretty mad
>>
>>406720428
This is the biggest issue with sucking at fighting games, losing just ins't fun. Not because it's a blow to your ego, but because you end up knocked down, in the corner, having know idea what to do to get your ass moving.

In most games your movement isn't cut off like this, even if you otherwise suck.
>>
File: I_Wud_Die_4_Ryu-Concept.png (1.8 MB, 1886x1914)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
It was always obvious that this game was going to sell on brand alone. You got one demographic that put up with this soap opera of a series every day after school in the late 90's, and another who found a love for it via a soft reboot that started a few years back. Problem is, these people only care about the character. So the only reason they were ever going to pick this game up was to use these character in the games story mode. Once that was over, either they were going to put it on their digital shelf and move onto the next flavor of the month, or try to go online, promptly get their shit kicked in, and then move onto the next flavor of the month.

People don't want to put in work. They want instant gratification, thus why you see the games in the top sellers that you always see.
>>
>>406722638
what is your idea of overly complicated? and what about mechanics can't you do again?
>>
>>406722882
Either that, or people finally accepted that every character has the exact same gameplan and got bored.
>>
File: 1490384883758.jpg (158 KB, 1000x1000)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>406721820
>>
>>406722840
>when i lose an exchange i end up in an unfavorable position that makes it hard to come back and win

maybe the problem with making mistakes is........... making mistakes
>>
File: 1514313355152.jpg (19 KB, 465x361)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>406719879
DBZ Fighters is the most fun fighting game to come out in 20 years. Everytime someone does even the most remotely cool. or even just theatrical looking thing, i cream my fucking pants.

>mfw you steal someones goku with captain ginyu
>>
File: 4.jpg (1.32 MB, 2760x1840)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>406717198
Idk, i think fighting game players just have to accept that the genre isn't as fun to everyone as it is to them. Sure, entry barrier and the fact people have to actually put some effort into getting gud is a factor but if the game isn't fun then people will simply stop playing.

It is simple as that. It doesnt mean it is not a good game it just means it is not a game, or genre, for everyone and fightanfags just have to accept that instead of making 20 threads a day about people not playing your genre, it feels like you are getting angry for then not getting good at it on behalf of them.
>>
>>406718579
Honestly, the shit talking is rare...at lower level it's more prominent because it's a series of shitters who all think they're the shit. Then when they get fucking beat, they shut the fuck up or seek out excuses.

SFV has it right, in that no one can fucking reach out to you unless they know your steam ID on PC at least.
>>
>>406717339
There are like, 6 first party nintendo games per gen.
Of course everyone with a nintendo console will grab to them and never let go
>>
>>406718867
At least your ready for the next one?
>>
The problem with fighting games (ignoring the need for frame-counting autism to progress past a really basic level) is that if you and your friends are even slightly different in how much you care/how much effort you put in, they instantly become frustrating/boring and unfun for all involved.
>>
imagine being someone that thinks a QCF, or 236 as subhumans call it, is the most complex input ever created
>>
>>406717817
That is quite possibly the dumbest shit I've ever read.

Furthermore, linux is a shit platform that will never be fully supported by the gaming industry.
>>
>>406717198
Because most people are decent at best, and they get tired of being floored by the same autists
>>
File: 1475480608707.gif (1.84 MB, 223x141)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
>>406717198
They're just boring if you don't want to go all the way. People don't like putting in effort and they also don't like getting completely bodied by those who do.
>>
>>406718579
>These. It takes a monstrous amount of time to reach that "level of competence" and it's always your fault for losing, which discourages a lot of people.
That's basically what happened to me and why i stopped playing.

In the discord group of my region people were already pros so i would never learn anything and there was no sense of progression. After playing for some years and having nothing to show for it i simply stopped.
>>
Speaking as someone who sucks at fighting games, they're often more fun to watch than play, at least for amateurs like myself. Trailers and pre-release gameplay often feature higher level gameplay than the average rookie will ever see; once they realize they're not as good as the players in the trailers or on their favorite YouTube channels, they stop playing. Fighting games generally have a naturally high learning curve that require players to really learn how characters and mechanics work, and the underlying mechanics are much more complicated than most popular games like Skyrim, AssCreed and the like. As such, most people aren't used to a game demanding much more than the bare minimum from them, and so when it does, they realize they'd rather get their endorphin rush elsewhere.
>>
>>406722942
Didn't say there are mechanics I can't do. Just that they're a bit much. The extended combos most fighting game vets do to 'lock' the opponent are in a whole different league compared to the basic combo strings for example and aren't really explained in game. There's not really an equal footing because of how long combos can last if you don't mess up and how badly you can be beat if you don't continue a string successfully.

Great if you can do everything you need to do, but for new players the amount of skill you need isn't welcoming.

But I came from MK which is (at least to me) a lot easier and more straight forward in regards to combos and specials.
>>
- lag
- combo chains
- corner locking
- not telling new players what the controls actually do
- lobby kicking people out at random

literally all they needed to do to fix this game was when they made it, have a tutorial that tells you what all your things do like reflect and crouch heavy
>>
>>406720784
Best DBZ game I ever played was a MUGEN from 2001 or 2002. I WISH I still had that disc my friend gave me...
>>
>>406718867
>That, coupled with AAA's philosophy of maybe a month tops of time invested then plan on another release/update kills a genre where experience is often the deciding factor.
This disposability and oversaturation is a problem for online games in general (like FPS) and part of the reason I've just stopped playing multiplayer games altogether.
>>
>>406723054
See, this is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. It's not a problem with 'admitting mistakes', it's not understanding how to overcome the myriad kinds of mistake that are possible without significant experience and getting punished for this by being put into situations where you can't do much about this for extended periods of time for reasons you don't yet understand. You're actively punished by being prevented from practicing.
>>
>>406723374
This was a very sincere and honest post. It couldn't be more accurate to the truth.
>>
MvCI wins in the end.
>>
>>406721451
I can't believe people actually saw this in ALL the pre-release material, and thought that it was hype.
>>
>>406717198
From personal experience I think it's how the track to getting gud is. At the beginning you get this huge improvement then your progress just grinds to a halt and it's just a slow burn from there. At that point they get burned out and just quit, at least for me
>>
>>406717198
People try fightans, get their shit pushed in by skilled player and quit in rage. Just like me
>>
>>406723907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdb2JzoP7I
>>
File: bryan3.jpg (51 KB, 493x647)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>406717198
I don't play games online and when I do play MP it's with friends and family. SFV had no single player content and when it got some it was shit, T7 gutted everything for online and tacked on a shit story mode, DBFZ has no Bardock, Raditz or Cooler and I've heard the single player mode is shit so I'm waiting for a complete edition before even bothering.

Whats sad is that I'll probably get some shit for this, but we didn't have online back in the day so the games more than made up for it with a wealth of content but since online? you get FGCfags memeing "kahntent" everytime anyone complains despite the fact that we wouldn't even have T7 or SF5 if it wasn't for people like me supporting it from day one.
>>
>>406717198
This is why:
>I have issues with this game/mechanic/thing.
>Have you played and practiced for 10 000 hours.
>No.
>Then put in some effort to learn the basics first before opening your mouth around here.
>>
>>406722124
Autism
>>
>>406724195
>i've heard the

you are literally a fucking retard, it's 2018 go look up the singleplayer on youtube, stop basing everything you think on hearsay, go get the facts
>>
No Videl or Bulma with Capsules, no buy.

I'd rather some real character variety over SSJBSSJB Goku Red 3
>>
>>406724163
NONONONO STOP POSTING THIS EVERY TIME MARVEL INFINITE IS MENTIONED
>>
>>406724195
SFIV will always be the better game. practically a 10/10 game
>>
>>406722816
>literally make a game where the most skilled player doesn't always win
Exactly what's the problem with this? odds should always be 50/50 on a 1v1 match, not 100/0. There is no fun on playing or watching something where one of the sides can't even defend itself.
>>
>>
>>406724350
>played it the other night
Fuck I miss Makoto. I lost all my muscle memory with her, but I miss her.
>>
>>406724348
The truth must be heard though. The game is complete shit tier. I'm doing god's work.
>>
>>406724195
I agree with this. I miss games like Mortal Kombat Armageddon which not only had a fucking insane story mode, but all kinds of mini games and character customization. The roster size was fucking massive as well. It was a brilliant purchase just for all the content that came with it, even if you weren't into fighting games.
>>
>>406724451
>3rd Strike and Street Fighter 2 that high
i wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>406717198
Servers are shit. On pc and console. Biggest waste of money as I can't even get my ass kicked. Now I have no hope of catching up unless I get my ass kicked for weeks on end non stop.
>>
>>406717805
>I know I am not alone
You're not.
>>
>>406717198
>Fighting games
>On PC
>>
>>406717198
Because no matter how much you dumb them down and make them easy to play for retards with 1 button moves, no matter how many comeback mechanics you add or how much you try to bridge the gap between skilled player and a bad player it is still a 1v1 game where someone has to lose with no one to blame but themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw
>>
>>406718440
Thread should have ended here, now all those dbfz shills can finally fuck off, they don't run shit and they didn't kill shit. Real fighters will rise again after the Evo honeymoon is over.
>>
>>406717198
idk about dbfz, I play Guilty Gear and didn't buy dbfz because I don't like dragon ball at all aesthetically. However to answer the actual question of "Why aren't Fighting Games more popular?"

The entire point of fighting games is the constant slow grind of real progress. You learn a special and then you can use it. You learn to air dash and then you can use that. You learn a small combo and then you can use that and it becomes a tool. However there's no 100% run, no easily quantifiable goal to say "I'm good now, and now I can tell other people I'm good". You just fight people and get raped until eventually after hundreds of hours you don't get raped anymore. The things you used to find difficult are muscle memory, second nature, but now you face an even bigger problem.

There's no one to fight anymore. Teaching new players is hard because you don't want to destroy them so bad that they don't stop playing, and it just takes a certain type of person to keep playing fighting games. Other good players are spread out and its hard to find matches, even with the internet. Even then there's still huge gaps is ability. You might destroy everyone in your area and everyone you know online but you can still be shit compared to people that are "actually good".

Lets just say you become the best in the world at Guilty Gear. Your only real reward will be holding the torch for new fighters to take it away. Your reward is being the wall that they have to overcome. However your journey as someone climbing is over with at that point and thats the entire reason you've tried to get better this entire time.

Fighting games are a sad, lonely, existence.
>>
>>406717198
check the achievements, 70% of players didnt even play a ranked game
>>
>>406721820
>>Get rid of ridiculous inputs sequences. In the same way you don't need to perform a Russian folk dance any time you want to move a piece on Chess, the most complex thing you should do is a Forward + attack. Or even better, map special attacks to a single button; easy to do in an age of controllers having 8 buttons.

This so fucking much. Every other company should learn a thing or two from MK.
>>
>>406724529
>even if you weren't into fighting games.
You mean only if you weren't into fighting games because it was fucking ass as an actual fighting game.
>>
File: 1508183228470.jpg (191 KB, 920x1177)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>406724705
Story mode was a mistake. Fuck you Netherrealm for standardizing this shit.
>>
>>406717805
>That bullshit excuse again
If you're a customer, you lost when you started buying digital. Having DRM on top of your DRM is like someone raping your corpse after you've been murdered.
If you're a pirate (and I'm pretty fucking damn sure you are) your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>406718448
Stop being a bitch and get gud. Overcoming cheap shit makes you a better player and you'll be able to laugh at people that crutch on cheap strats when your just objectively better in every respect than they are.
>>
File: take it back. now.jpg (65 KB, 1131x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>406724650
YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
RIGHT NOW
>>
File: king3.jpg (46 KB, 472x472)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>406724312
Pointless. If I cared enough I would have but I don't as the roster dosn't interest me hence why I said I'm waiting for the complete edition.

>>406724350
I honestly don't know how Crapcom dropped the ball so hard after SFIV. It's like DmC poisoned everything else Crapcom and we're now seeing the effects.

>>406724529
T7 in particular was a huge let down as even 6 had that weird battle mode thing and 5 had so much content it was insane (arcade perfect versions of T1, 2, and 3 for an example) I expected a lot and got shit on, meanwhile Injustice 2 is overloaded with things to do.
>>
>>406724705
It's hard to even find a ranked match in DBF I always just wind up playing Ring or Arena matches because it's so much quicker and easier to get into games with people this way.
>>
>>406724841
On how to make a fighter that feels stiff as fuck? No thank you. I loved MK9, but I'm not going to pretend that it didn't feel like I was fighting the fucking game to make things happen. No fucking flow.
>>
>>406724376
>the odds should always be 50/50
are you actually retarded
you don't want to get more skilled at a game, and still want to beat people who put more work in
might as well put the controllers down and flip a fucking coin
>>
>>406720203
But DBFZ is the most casual friendly fighting game out there untill you get up there in the ranks and see just how crazy high level play is
>>
File: 1506394826524.jpg (17 KB, 233x246)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>406724904
If there was no story mode you would have gotten half the launch numbers, lose out on a DLC character pack at best or lose out on a sequel at worst. People that complain about casuals buying the game are fucking idiots since they're funding your shit. Why would you ever be mad a simple tacked on mode caused profits for your game/company to rise 100%? As long as the base game is solid, if they wanted to add in a dick sucking simulator as an alt mode I don't give a shit as long as it brings in more money.
>>
>>406717402

Meanwhile Starcraft, a predominantly 1v1 experience, had the biggest competitive scene in gaming history before LoL came around.
>>
For me it was because it's a tag fighter, not because it's a fighter

The game is really good at its core, I like it a lot, but I really fucking hate tag. I don't like having to tag during combos, I don't like having to play 3 characters, I don't like managing that extra resource. Not because it's too hard, but because I don't think it's fun gameplay.

I have never met someone who prefers tag.
>>
>>406725204
I'd love to see high level play if the servers weren't fucking dogshit
>>
File: 1473368053149.png (32 KB, 171x261)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
I blame the controllers. Not only is there a time investment into getting good at fighting games, but there is also a money one. A fight stick will run you, what, 100-150?
>>
>>406725337
more if you want to get a good one
>>
>>406725337
Arcade sticks are a meme you faggot
>>
>>406725251
I'm not complaining about them buying things. I'm complaining about time invested into modes that no one will ever touch again and focusing their attention on dumbing down things rather than creating endearing systems that both new and old can appreciate. And if their only solution is short term gain, than they have already failed as a product.
>>
>>406725337
dafuq? There's only like 2 games where a stick is outright necessary but even those can be played without one. You're a dope if you think you need a stick to play fighting games.
>>
>>406725337
you absolutely do not need a fightstick to be good at a fighting game
that one guy took sf4 at evo with a modded ps1 controller, it's all about preference
>>
File: kof02.png (315 KB, 640x480)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
would it be accurate to say that king of fighters requires the same skill level as street fighter, if not more?
>>
>>406725252
And now LoL and plenty of other team based games have usurped it because casuals love their teams.
>>
>>406725252
And yet the only people that played them were those nerds without PS2 and Koreans. I was in middle school at the height of 2's popularity, and I guarantee you that no one outside of maybe a few PC guys were ever talking about it.
>>
Salt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw
>>
>>406725337
you don't need a fight stick it's just preference.
i use fight sticks because the controllers give me blisters after an hour or two. but one thing is almost always true. once you go fight stick you don't go back.
>>
>>406725252
Both LoL and Modern Starcraft are suffering from the same problem though. Altering the actual game to make it a better spectator sport. They made LoL games shorter, easier to come back, and with "more engaging counterplay" for the sake of creating a more interesting viewing experience because people got bored when good teams were winning at 15 mins through careful solid play. Its the same with older TvT matches, nobody but the actual spectators and informed viewers enjoy the chessmatch even though its fair, engaging, and makes sense.

Spectator sports are about hype moments. Unfortunately retards cant distinguish between real hype and manufactured tension because of swingy gameplay that's unpredictable.
>>
>>406725525
KoF is a bit harder to play than SF. Much more depth to the system and supers aren't invincible.
>>
>>406717456
Fighting gaming has the lowest payout of any esport yet has disproportionately huge tournament turnout.
>>
>>406725525
That's extremely vague statement that actually says nothing.
They are different games, there is literally 0 ways to directly compare them like that for vague "which requires more skill" category.
>>
>>>406725273
It really would have been better as a 1v1 (and if it had more character variety and MAYBE a Kaioken system where each character has an "x-factor" style of boost, saiyans could turn super, others would glow in power...I dunno.

DBZ has such a variety of characters, feels like most of it is wasted in DBFZ for monkey men.

Where's Videl? Bulma (with gadgets)? Great Saiya Man? Fucking Mr. Satan...I dunno, give me something more...Older Chi Chi with her child armor.
>>
>>406717198
Because Fighting games are filled with tards that disconnect whenever they're about to lose so their precious rank won't go down then proceed to bitch because they couldn't git gud and blame it on their opponent

Once you take away the shitty online experience everyone gets tired of you have a barebones single player game you'll complete one and never pick up again
>>
>>406725525
Yes, but for different reasons.
The roster is more balanced, so individual player skill is rewarded more often. You focus less on matchups and more on execution, which is noticeably harder in SNK games.
>>
>>406717198
>on steam
ok....
>>
>>406725970
I always assumed people just organized matches with people to get better. Ranked seems like a waste of time.
>>
>>406725987
>Look mom, I said it again!
>>
>>406726096
More people play fighting games on PS4 and that's a fact.
>>
File: 1486912459754.png (1.11 MB, 876x700)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>tfw a certain four legged ungulate filled fighting game looks fun but you're not allowed to talk about it here
>>
>>406725892
couldn't be that vague, since two others responded with appropriate and intelligent answers
>>
>>406726276
Sure. We know that, but thanks for contributing what many other anons already stated.
>>
>>406725252
Most of SC1 was team games and UMS maps. SC2 competitive scene is pretty much dead outside of Korea.
>>
>>406726293
It's going to be shit
>>
>>406717198
>Steam
>PC players
I remember when i bought the pc version of Blazblue Continuum Shift and after a very short time the online for that game was dead. Japanese games have a hard time on the pc especially when they are fighting games.
>>
>>406717198
wew
>>
>>406726293
>>406726497
what game?
>>
>>406726556
Them's Fightin Herds
>>
>>406726293
Them's Fightin Herds? The gameplay looks good enough even though it's horse shit.
>>
>>406717198
i'd probably play it more if the online actually fucking worked
>>
>>406726497
There's full match videos out made by people who got early beta access and it looks good. The full release is only going to be more polished graphically.

>>406726556
It that must not be named, lest he comes.
>>
File: me and the boys.png (29 KB, 460x55)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
Fighting games are about total mastery of a small amount of content and most people who play video games seriously could not give a shit about actually mastering video games and would rather spend that time either exploring more content in non-competitive games or getting carried to victory in other competitive games.
>>
File: sf.png (270 KB, 555x312)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>406726276
>be me
>own PS4 and PC
>street fighter 30th anniversary coming soon
>wants to get it on steam but knows PS4 has the community in the long run
should I just get it on console? what if there's a booming community on PC though...
>>
>>406726293
I like that the one Alpaca looks like something out of Ren and Stimpy
>>
>>406726643
I personally don't give a fuck about the horses, I just like that it's basically Skullgirls-lite in terms of gameplay. Also the dynamic music system is cool.
>>
>>406725756
Only because they actually earn more from them as e-sports rather than games, so they balance shit not around who plays but around who watchs.
>>
>>406726697
I think with fightcade, there's a large following on PC. But I dunno if those players plan on migrating to the official product.
>>
>Make a DBZ fighting game
>Take out key DBZ things like flight, transformations and beam clashes
>Make a shitty-sized roster because things need to be balanced when in fact they're not balanced anyway
>Make said already-small roster have 3 fucking Gokus, 2 Vegetas and although different forms, 2 Gohans
>No fun alt costumes like Goku and Vegeta's casual clothes from Budokai or Saiyaman
>No joke character
>DLC announced before game is even released
>Everyone plays it a few times and puts it down

Gee, I wonder
>>
>>406717632
>Still this mad at a fighting game being called a fighting game
>>
>>406726697
>PS4 for short term large community
>PC for long term small community
>>
>>406726697
Im really hope they add cross play to it
>>
>>406726293
Not only it is Ponysht but it is also made on the skullgirls engine. 2 big redflags that will make everyone avoid it like a plague.
>>
>>406726719
She's got teleports and command stuns and is a charge character. Might end up being top tier thanks to her technical nature. Either her or the lamb that's basically a summon/puppet character with her dogs.
>>
>>406719284
Killer Instinct, Skullgirls and MvCi (so much for that) all got excellent netcode
>>
>>406726975
The Skullgirls engine is great though. Whether or not you hate the reset heavy gameplay of Skullgirls is another matter, but the engine itself is solid. At least in the state it's in now after they fixed the graphical bugs that occurred on consoles.
>>
>>406726848
>connections are bad at best
>emulator is terrible
it will kill street fighter for fightcade
>>
>>406727320
All the more reason to buy the collection on PC.
>>
>>406717198
Because There is no net profit for feeling good after a match. Unlike other team based games where you can tell yourself it wasnt your fault.
>>
>>406720784
legit the game that made me love fighters. I remember some dude teaching me how to actually play on snes netplay kaillera. Good times. That dude had a sick Vegito.
>>
>PC
>a relevant, reliable metric for how healthy gaming is
>1985+33

If we were to believe PC trends, the triple AAA, nay, the ENTIRE industry would be dead.
>>
I just got UNIST how do i get good enough so i don't get stomped like my first dozen games so far
>>
>>406717198
This doesn't suprice me when the server are shit. The console gamers are next if they don't fix their shit.
>>
>>406725525
GOG is giving this game away for FREE. Right now nigga. log in and claim
>>
Who the fuck plays fightan on PC?
>>
>>406727712
99 is my favorite in the series. Never played 02. What can I expect?
>>
>>406718867
Oh wow he invested 200 hours and isn't even in the top500 on the leaderboards. Fuck off, try a thousand hours.

Also if you're not a hipster and just play SFV like all the normal people, you'll never have the game die on you or run out of opponents. Also fighting game skills transfer very well from one game to the next so it's not like you're ever wasting your time.
>>
>>406722124
Imagine some smash manchild spending his afternoon constructing this shit.
>>
>>406727497
>Unlike other team based games where you can tell yourself it wasnt your fault.
You mean unlike other games where you keep playing to unlock shit and barely even care about the actual outcome for its own sake.
>>
>>406727613
>the ENTIRE industry would be dead.

You say that as if that's a bad thing.
>>
>>406727613
AAA titles been dead for years and it sure had nothing to do with PC and the entire industry is filled with talentless hacks that sell you half the game now at full price and the other half whenever it wants.
>>
>>406727807
other competitive pvp games.
>>
>>406724297
SEETHING
>>
>>406727790
i like it just as much as 99 and 98. it's free download and see for yourself
>>
>on steam
PC players don't play games, they just watch them. Get fucked, PCFats.
>>
File: PlsqA6S.gif (2.32 MB, 1920x640)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB GIF
>>406728075
I got it in my library, Plan to play before bed.
>>
>>406717402
The truth right there
the average person can't handle it when reality shows them just how average they are and what that really means
>>
>>406722124
Autism intensifies
>>
File: 796.png (230 KB, 592x275)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>406728163
>>
>>406725337
who /segasaturncontrollerwithUSBadapter/ here?
>>
>lobby even existing for offline shit
>single player modes are meh
>story mode is bad, the only good thing is the interactions but even those can be missed since some are boss events only
>android saga is a chore to do after the previous 2 sagas(best one was enemy saga). playing with only 2 characters for half story sucks and the interactions were few which gives an idea this saga was an after thought because they needed their OC character to be playable somehow
>no playable Beerus, Hit, Black, Future Trunks, Gohan in the story
>the Kais and Whis barely are used in the story
>3 different stories with mixed up shit with their OC character
>story hard mode only exists for... more money and few interactions with Blue characters
>playing modes dont unlock a damn thing except the arcade mode for 2 characters, or just get the money or pay like 3 dolars for them
>training or tutorials arent helpful, which leads people to think the game is autocombo only
>online isnt fixed yet
>roster feels short after playing this for more than 20 hours

I blame dlcs. Companies take for granted they can release uncomplete games and they fix their problems with dlcs or updates which makes most players to say "fuck it" a week after release
>>
>>406728163
wtf I wanna kms myself now
>>
That's the problem with Multiplayer focused games in general: There's too many of them and not enough gamers to go around to fill their servers.
>>
>>406727264
is not that the engine isn't great it is just that it will probably be another reset heavy game with long combos.
>>
Fighting games are just not fun. I'll play one for half an hour and that'll be enough for another few years. I never feel like I've got anything out of them when I finish playing. I haven't progressed anywhere.
>>
>>406718859
that's because it was a return to Mortal Kombat after some subpar games. The developers kind of tried with 9.
it could have been the last MK and I would have been happy.
>>
>>406718670
Completely different style of play to be successful. I play both Smash and SF5 in tournaments, and it's night and day.
>>
>>406723408
Kinda like how Sonyqueers desperately clings on to their first part-... Okay, Sony can't even make one damn video game.
So, I guess that's why they cling on to their exclusives like Bloodborne and... movies?
>>
>>406728571
cool story bro, needed more dragons though
>>
We've had this discussion.
Normies don't care about online with these games.
Normies don't go to each others houses anymore.
These games stopped focussing on SP.
That's why they're dead.
Same as RTS. Faggot devs thinks online matters more then SP,.
>>
>>406728571

>im trash and deserve instant gratification wah waah

nice blood subscribed, no one cares you're trash, don't justify it, you're that normie who tells himself hes going to the gym from now on as a new year resolution

What, retard? were you expecting to keep up with it? did you actually think you'd make it and get swole? lol
>>
because fighting games are rhythm games without music and for niggers
>>
>>406728506
...yes but... that's still not the engine's fault. I think.
>>
>>406721820
Go back to r/smashbros you reddifugee.
>>
>>406727847
I am also talking about based nippon. In fact with most nipponese games not being on PC, you'd get the impression that they're exiting the game market entirely
>>
>Game about a franchise who's entire ideology and the reason it was made was to have characters grow over time through hard work in a genre about improving yourself over time through hard work

"why is it not more accessible, how do i spin a stick in a quarter circle, why am i not #1 ranked online, thanks FGC jerks :("
>>
File: 1484016040772.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>406717198
>pc
>>
>>406728506
But it isn't because we have match videos now and they aren't. Their version of the "infinite prevention system" is just ending combos after a certain amount of hits, so you get plenty of chances to "get out" regardless of how skilled the opponent is at linking, instead of just two resets from an optimal player and you're done.
>>
Every game has a massive drop once people finish the single-player shit and then proceed to only play it casually.
>>
>>406717198
Because no one plays fighting games on PC
>>
>>406717198
So this is why Dark Green players keep beating me even though I'm a Yellow. Guess it's time to quit lmao!!!
>>
>>406717198
>down 80%
Anyone who wasn't some DBZ spic mouthbreather or some /r/kappa hypekid saw this coming from miles away.
The casual playerbase immediately tapers off once it sets in that it's a -fighting game- and that you WILL get left behind and bodied by the people who put the hours in if you play it half-heartedly.
Same exact shit happened with Tekken.
>>
The numbers will shoot all the way back up when Broly gets revealed
>>
People get bored of things as quickly as Tortanicfags latch onto games to shitpost about.
>>
Well, it's a fighting game on PC, so that's to be expected.

But also, a couple weeks after the game is released, there's not much to do for many people. Lots of people don't really have the care to keep coming back and don't have the dedication and/or skill to keep improving to play online. The story mode is dull. Arcade mode is kind of bland and shallow, too. There just isn't much variety and progression for most of the people playing, so they never feel the need to come back.
>>
>>406729985
i wouldnt even say its DBZ fanboys or hypekids.
It feels like its literally people just wanting it to fail.
This is litearlly what EVERY single fighting game goes through. high influx the drops off like a rock. interestingly enough DBFZ is the one that has kept the most players despite having a terrible lobby system and terrible PC control support. I dont know if its because they put in a dedicated singleplayer or it being DBZ but its funny how out of all fighting games the one thats doing the best is the one where everyone is trying to make it seem like its failing
>>
>>406725017
epic memes capcom kid
>>
>>406727794
What if I don't like Street Fighter
>>
why do street fighter fanboys have every game
>>
File: 1518042619107.jpg (93 KB, 915x541)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
nice thread bros
>>
I don't like investing 300 hours into a game when I have to finish so many other single player games.
>>
>>406730806
Why isn't Superman crying? Injustice is a meme. Blanka already overshadowed the turtles.
>>
>$60-$100 dragon ball fighting game has more players than Tekken, MKX, Streetfighter, and injustice combined
>people trying to say its a failure because its losing to a FTP
smash game that has an even going on
>>
I was always attracted to fighting games because I'm a sucker for nice, stylized art.

The problem was that I don't have the autism or time to practice alone in my room for hours on end in an attempt to get good. It's easier to get motivated if you have a regular community of people who are doing this with you but most people don't have that; they either play by themselves or online.
>>
>>406717198
Probably because the average players doesn't have the dedication to practice the same game for weeks and deal with the responsabilities of the world at the same time. Not saying that you are inferior if you play fighting games at a high level but some people don't want to be playing the same game for months. Especially when you come home from work tired and just want to unwind, spending your entire evening in training mode or online instead of playing with your kids or wife or friends isn't enticing for most. Fighting games don't need to be niche or super popular to stay alive, they just need to be fun.
>>
>>406717402
I think it's more of feeling like they can never win and never improve, rather than not being able to handle the blame. Honestly, I believe most people can handle a loss or handle taking the blame. And most people in team games don't blame losses on shitty teammates and bad RNG. Actually, if anything, if someone is being salty, they usually blame it on the opposing person/team or just the game itself, usually with shit like: hacks, lag, overpowered whatever, etc.
>>
File: 1502392159549.png (410 KB, 733x510)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>406731064
>Blanka already overshadowed the turtles
>>
>>406717198
fighterz is a bad game thats why
>>
>>406728571
im a fucking casual: the post
>>
>>406717198
anything that isn't vf3 just kinda dies really quick.
>>
>>406728337
>rosters feels short
Bruh, I have enough trouble already learning how to play with and against half of the roster. It doesn't feel short at all.
>>
>>406717402
fourth post best post.
>>
>>406731334
If you've been playing fighting games for any regularity then a lot of your skills would transfer over. Unless you're going from something like Street Fighter to Soul Calibur. It's why that one high level SF player managed to place top 8 in KoF XIII despite having a week with the game and only learning very basic combos.

I think a lot of the complaints and drop off from DBFZ players is that they never played any fighting games at all. Or maybe just mashed through very easy mode story in the games they did play.
>>
>>406717402
+
>>406717456
Is true. It's both, by unrewarding it means you don't get a pat on the back. You get better and win a match against a good opponent, and all you get in reward is to keep playing.

Normalfags need comfort and recognition.
>>
>>406717198
>no crossplay

Gee what a surprise.
>>
>>406717456
You just proved him right by saying this
>>
>>406728707
Wew, this soyboy is mad as fuck.
>>
>>406717198
>on Steam
Found the problem.
>>
>>406717402
This. My friends play MOBAs and shit but then never anything with actual solo PvP because they can't flame some other guy for being a retard when they get stomped. I play them too, but I basically never get mad or upset at those games and just analyze what went wrong.
>>
>>406731689
t. brainlet
>>
>>406731689
That's your problem.
>>
>>406724312
He's right, though. The singleplayer is pretty weak. You have a boring story mode, with it's only redeeming feature being some decently entertaining moments here and there in some cutscenes. Then you have arcade, which is just as barebones as it gets and has a lazy damage amp/damage reduction mechanic to make it harder as you progress.
>>
File: 1514431367896.gif (76 KB, 143x136)
76 KB
76 KB GIF
>>406731334
Don't feel discouraged. If you really like a fighting game and love a specific character, you will naturally want to work hard and improve.
Fight someone who is on the same skill level as you. You don't have to spend hours practicing alone but you will be required to practice things depending on the game. It doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing. What games are you interested in? I am very experienced with Street Fighter V and may be able to teach you if you live in the US.
>>
>>406722124
Smash isn't a fighting game because the only way it's played "competitively" involves turning off tons of things in the game to make it similar to Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Soul Calibur/Tekken

People try to make it something it isn't. It's meant to be played with items and such with lots of chaos and four players. It really should have just been a Mario Party minigame.
>>
>>406732863
Show us your gameplay if you've learned the entire roster's matchups and the different combinations for teams then.
>>
Because there's no variety
>>
>>406728875
Fighting games don't magically become fun once you get good.
>>
Fighting games were never popular. They only appeared popular because small groups of people would gather on occasion at arcades to play.

Most people who bought DBZ were busy adults that got it out of nostalgia. They're not going to be putting in 6 hours a day like teens.
>>
I'm an actual figthing game noob, started last year with sfv and I'm going to tell you guys a secret:

Execution (except from some advanced characters) is not hard. I had this same mentality before jumping in fgs, I legit thought that all we had to learn to enjoy fgs is some long ass combos and that is it. But combos are not hard to do. You can learn some basic shit in less than an hour and branch out later.

The hard part come from other stuff, like playing neutral game, whiff punishing and having a good defense. And God. I promise you it is FUN as fuck to learn this kind of shit.

Try and play SFV, the game is in a very good state now and is perfect to get in the genre. And it has crossplay too, so you will never have to worry about no players.
>>
>>406733296
>I don't believe people could be more skilled than me, they must be lying!
>>
>>406733701
The games' been out for less than a month. Nobody learns literally everything about a fighting game by then, hence why nobody with sense takes tier lists seriously yet.
>>
>>406725273
This kind of turns me off, too. I don't mind it, it's still fun, but it's just kind of too chaotic. I also think one of the most bullshit mechanics in the game is the tag super, where you do a super, and then you press literally one button and your tag does his super as well.

You also have to get good with 3 characters at once, remember their assists, do health management, etc. I start to think about a game like 3rd Strike and it's just appealing because of how much more simple it is.
>>
>>406717198
They only played for the main storyline and now that they completed it they move on
>>
I fucking told you not to buy fighters on PC because of this

but noo you didnt listen
>>
File: 1453253940793.png (381 KB, 539x405)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>406733682
Finally someone fucking understands. I started with SFV as a basic fighting game noob at it's release and I've improved immensely and have almost 1000 hours into the game. I've played a ton of different characters and I know basic punish combos and hit confirm combos for like the whole cast. The game has a much lower execution barrier than other fighting games and once you "get" the game, it's the most fun I've had in any competitive game EVER.

I can't stand playing First Person Shooters and team based games competitively anymore because I have been exposed to the glory of fighting games.
>>
>>406731836
Crossplay should be mandatory for every fighting game on pc.
>>
>>406733290
>Smash isn't a fighting game because it gives you options regarding how you want to play it
Retard fightanfag
>>
>>406717938
Thanks for giving me cancer with your autistic reply
>>
>>406731689

It does. Let's say a zoner character, there is only Freeza. Beerus isnt that much even with the orbs that disappear by taking a hit.
16 is the only grappler of the game.

Yeah, seems short. Many characters feel the same way with not much variation, especially the damn saiyans.

If some of those dlc characters are true, like another Goku, Vegeta, Bardock, 17... then damn, variation is shit. Broly could be different, could.
>>
Imo its beause they take time that most people not used to the genre have. Most would rather lose in a team base or random setting than a 1 v 1 since the lose is less personal.(And it doesn't matter btw if the controls or game is easy, dedication is needed.) Marketing is also a big factor.
>>
>>406721451
>game just came out
>for the most part people use the easy universal combo
Wow I'm shocked. Almost like it takes time to figure things out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIC6OeEAPw
>>
Because not a single one has a good tutorial or training mode, and being expected to train against a dummy or a standard CPU is too much, especially when both build up bad habits when fighting against other players. But to jump right into online is useless since you'll get bodied so hard it can't even be counted as a learning experience. Other games tend to have systems or are just inherently more friendly towards learning as you actually play the game the way it is primarily meant to be played. You can't go from a button masher to a competent player just by playing online. So you're sitting there watching a bunch of Youtubers trying to impersonally teach you things like specific timing for combos - it just doesn't work. And when you finally puzzle it out, each match only lasts moments anyway. It's like training for months before you can eat a Reese's cup.
>>
>>406733948

The thing is tag the last one into lv3, or the blues into a 5.
>>
First dibs on the bet they will turn on microtransactions in reponse.
>>
>>406734936
>it gives you play options
>all of those options are disabled/banned in competitive play
Really makes me think. Smash would be better if every interesting stage wasn't banned. Make actual use of the platforms and movement. Instead its nothing but battlefield or FD in order to simulate standard fighting games as much as possible.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1600x900)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>406717198
Couldn't even last a month
>>
>>406724451
>literally just rating modern mainstream popularity
kys fucking hipster
>>
>>406735719
t. casual
>>
dont know about you guys bit im having fun with what im playing
>>
File: 11248932.png (95 KB, 500x508)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>406718440
believe it or not, there are FGC autists (like myself) who ALSO like DBZ
>>
File: not a fighting game.png (33 KB, 944x303)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>406722124
>>
>>406717198
I'd love to be playing, but I got sick of waiting ten minutes to find a match and then getting kicked after three games. Have they fixed that yet?
>>
>>406724686
fag
>>
>>406735820
>if you like popular games you're a casual
the absolute state of nu-/v/
>>
>>406717198
That's not fighting games, it's games in general on PC.
A ton of people buy a game, play it for a while, and then drop it and never return.

Very few games continue to have massive player bases on steam.
>>
File: party game.png (149 KB, 1713x685)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>406722124
>>406735886
>>
>>406735647
So your argument is "Smash isn't a fighting game because normal fighting games are shit and Smash shouldn't emulate them."
>>
>>406735647
If Halberd didn't have instant combo to claw or cannon, or an area where you could camp the time away I could agree with you to an extent.
>>
>>406722124
>>406735886
>>406735990
>>
>>406722124
>>406735886
>>406735990
>>406736093
>>
>>406725252
Starcraft isn't 1v1 retard, there are literally hundreds of units on the map at any given time.
>>
>>406735972
t.casual
>>
>>406736064
I'm not even the other anon, I agree that it is a platform fighter. Current competitive play tries to ignore this as much as possible in order to ape street fighter and other 2d games though, when I think it should instead explore all the possibilities its gameplay allows.
>>
>>406717198
>after two weeks on steam
well there's your answer, pc games always die this fast
>>
How many players are on PS4?
>>
File: Ca9tITCj_400x400.jpg (8 KB, 201x201)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>406717632
>Has TWO games present at the biggest FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT in the world
>They're both on the MAIN STAGE no less
>Not a fighting game
>>
>>406724650
Anime fighters are real fighters though.
>>
>>406736390
It's more that PC gives numbers. Consoles don't.
>>
>>406734936
I guess Halo is a racing game because you can do that with custom games.
>>
File: 1518336873013.jpg (45 KB, 750x741)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>406717737
>Bring back single player stuff
>Fighting games today have more single player content than they've ever had
>>
>>406724650
>NOOOO WE'RE IN CHARGE HERE THE FGC DRIVES FIGHTING

Casuals and NRS drives the fighting genre. FGC is an after thought largely just catered to by capcom.
>>
>>406717591
>when you get your shit slapped in a fighting game, you can't deflect your loss on something outside of your control

People will make some insane leaps of logic in order to deflect blame from their loss. It's like their fragile ego literally will not let itself believe it's lost at the game. I had a friend get extremely hostile and almost smash his fucking wii u cause i kept spamming him with charizard's side b attack in sm4sh and winning
>>
>>406724912
>only pirates can complain about denuvo

Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>406721195
>I have not played any game with huge replay value before
>>
File: spongebob v cell.jpg (55 KB, 720x558)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>406717339
in smash you battle against the enemy
in traditional fighting games you battle against the controls
>>
>>406725252
>starcraft
>biggest competitive scene

It's funny how this was never true at any point in history yet people still spout this shit. The only thing it ever had was the biggest purse at one point at one televised tournament in korea.
>>
>>406718579
This guy got it. Fighting games take way too fucking long to learn because of the weird ass inputs required to do anything ontop of learning crap like hitboxes and such, and its not really something you can learn on the fly.
>>
>>406724841
MK never had this. They still have down+forward and down+back+forward motions, and the latter is pretty difficult to land consistently.
>>
I dunno, grew up casually playing Street Fighter II, MvC2, UMK3, Tekken 3, and a Saturn 3D fighter called Last Bronx, and Soulcalibur 2 with friends but I have barely played fighting games after high school.

A couple factors might be a cultural shift of couch multiplayer fading away in favor of online, and greater dev focus on complicated mechanics for the dedicated competitive core base while having barebones single-player content (while having nice extras like costumes behind DLC instead of that single player content that used to exist).
>>
>>406725620
>"I was in middle school in the height of 2's popularity"

The fact that this statement no longer necessarily makes this anon underage makes me very, very sad
>>
>>406717737
>single player
Into the trash
>>
>>406736634
This is what casuals actually beleieve
>>
>>406723282
I think the devs should realize this, too. Devs nowadays are trying to copy NRS's success of big story modes in their games, which is cool and all, but not really necessary. You could accomplish having a decent story premise and interesting characters through the arcade mode itself. MvC:I has a story mode, but it's lackluster to say the least, and the arcade mode is completely underwhelming for Capcom standards. No secret fights, and no arcade mode endings really hurt. Arcade modes were Capcom's strongest suit in the 90's. Who's going to fill in the gap of having some guy beat a super secret boss on the hardest difficulty without dying once?
>>
>>406720015
This
>>
>>406721820
I know this is bait but you're going on the list anyway, this post is just TOO retarded.
>>
>>406737394
Yeah man, they're struggling to put all those FGC approved features in new fighters

Oh wait, every fighter since MK 9 has to have a fuck ton of single player and story.

Wonder what game influenced those decisions. Maybe it was the fighter outselling SF4 and MVC3 combined?
>>
File: 546.png (140 KB, 273x223)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
Why the fuck are there more casual, normalfag shitters in fighting game threads than actual fighting game players these days?
>>
>>406737673
Because the majority of fighting game players are casuals
>>
>>406723282
To be honest I think theres a lot of reasons for the genre not being very accessible. From the fact that actually learning and being competent with the game is hard enough on its own, to the attitude of a lot of fighting game fans.

Not to mention that its somewhat hard to attract new players as well if the game is stripped down to only its core multiplayer elements as well. Making the only way to properly improve is to lose many many many games against far better players.
>>
>>406736902
This
>>
>>406722124
>smash is a fighting game because places call it a fighting game
man i guess Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a fighting game despite being an RPG because it has a fighting tag. WoW pvp is my favorite fighting game
>>
>>406717198
*inhales*

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA
>>
>>406737661
hay man he is a street fighter shill dont mind him
>>
>>406717198
The worst thing about fighting games will always be its arrogant fanbase.

Don't like them/prefer other genres? You're either stupid loser or a dumb numale soyjw!
Prefer alternatives like Arms, Jojo, Smash, or Xenoverse? You're just a fat, autistic smellly pool-pooper who's too dumb to hack it in a "real" fighting game.

See:
>>406717591
>>406717632
>>406717619
>>406717674
>>406718094
>>406718230
>>406718440
>>406724970
>>406726669
>>406728875
>>406729478
>>406717402
>>
>>406737949
See >>406737991
>>
>>406738249
No one says that, just that is demotivates casuals (which it does)
>>
>>406737949
>it doesn't copy sf so it's not a fighting game

Kat why ess
>>
Fighting games even easy ones have a high skill floor. Once retards try to step outside of their fellow retard friend circles in this day and age they quickly find skill plateaus. Unless you see this as a challenge to meet you're missing the point of playing a fighting game with another human being.
>>
File: 4.jpg (79 KB, 686x800)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>406717198
>on steam

Well shit man. I have no idea, matey-o
>>
>>406737673
Because the majority of /v/ are casuals
>>
>>406738357
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No one says that
>>
>>406738249
The problem that aggravates a lot of the "arrogant fanbase" is people who don't like/prefer them often don't stick by that. They try to blame the genre and call it shit then get put on their ass with no argument.

It makes it even worse for people who actually dislike SFV and wish it was a better game you get labeled a contrarian who was going to hate it in the first place.
>>
File: 1517886826656.png (229 KB, 350x350)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>406726852
>Make a DBZ fighting game
>Take out key DBZ things like flight, transformations and beam clashes
>Make a shitty-sized roster because things need to be balanced when in fact they're not balanced anyway
>Make said already-small roster have 3 fucking Gokus, 2 Vegetas and although different forms, 2 Gohans
>No fun alt costumes like Goku and Vegeta's casual clothes from Budokai or Saiyaman
>No joke character
>DLC announced before game is even released
>Everyone plays it a few times and puts it down

Okay, time to kick your shit in.

>There is still enough of an emphasis on flight to where it doesn't overshadow the entire fucking game
>Transformations are still there for certain characters because they offer UNIQUE gameplay styles and aren't REDUNDANT. What's the point in having most of the cast be arbitrarily weaker because of stupid transformations
>Beams collide with each other a lot in DBFZ and a having a button mash contest sounds fun for a party game, not a fighting game.
>Roster covers all of the most important characters from Z and a few from Super. It's also a new IP with an extremely intricate animation process for each character. Take that into consideration when judging the size of a game's roster. The roster also ins't small for balance's sake. There are Arc Sys games that have WAY bigger rosters than DBFZ and balance should be the last thing on your mind when determining a good roster.
>3 Gokus that play nothing alike (especially Black). 2 Vegetas that play nothing alike (one has a divekick, the other has Big Bang as a regular special, and a command grab). 2 Gohans that play nothing alike (Kid can do lightning fast zip kicks and ki bombs, Adult can break the combo chain and change special move properties with Potential Unleashed.
>DLC costumes have a slim chance of happening since each model and shadow is put together frame by frame.
>I'll give you the DLC one
>Implying that every game needs a joke character
>>
>>406738249
People only call you shit when say dumb stuff like this. Also soy isn't a term most people use and is a new 4chan/reddit meme from an eceleb. There actually isn't a deragotory term from beginner commonly used. There is a bunch of names for people who only watch or don't try hard enough, but nothing for beginners.
>>
>on steam
>>
>>406721820
Your form is poor
Be more subtle next time, you retard
>>
>>406717402
You say this but what about singleplayer games? You can say the same thing, It's the same principle. Maybe fighting games just aren't fun for some people?
>>
>>406735846
I love how Hellboy references his problems with frogs with the Turtles.
>>
>>406738653
>>406738876
Congrats on being the exact faggot I'm talking about
>>
>>406738421
>Kat
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>406739021
Why so hostile?
>>
>>406738876
Noob, retard is used enough for that instance too. Soy is just the fotm version of roodypoo
>>
File: 1374353456216.gif (1.58 MB, 400x300)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB GIF
Daily reminder that the people that are complaining about fighting games being too hard or too inaccessible don't want an accessible, easy execution fighter. They want a fighting game that gives them an easy I win button, the ability to be carried by team mates, or the ability to be carried by player level (grinding).

One of these days, that game is going to be made, it's going to be super popular, and it's going to be shit. It will then proceed to be the model for all fighting games that come afterwards.
>>
>>406739081
It's supposed to say kay why ess
>>
>>406738761
This. The only thing I can give DBFZ shit talks is
1. The servers are genuine crap but that isn't on the core game but does hurt the experience
2. 3 Gokus/2 Vegetas soon to be 4/3 is lame but they do have unique movesets from one another overall aside from a few overlapping supers. Could've had more diversity but obvious Super shilling
3. DLC is a mess like almost all Arksys games that know you'll pay and come for that wallet like monsters.

Game is solid as fuck. Id say GGXrd is still much better to me and id put this game somewhere right below KOF14 overall but its one of the better ones this gen. Please god just fix those servers some more Namco its insulting.
>>
They were super popular in the first half of the 90s. Did everyone just get dumber and lazier since then?
>>
>>406739021
>Exact faggot
How? If you try to bash a genre that is going to get you bashed and all people bashing FGs as a collective are dumb fucks who got shat on and cannot handle being so shit at something with there fragile egos.

If you say "man I tried fighters but cannot get into them" I cannot do shit about that and ill respect it to a degree.
>>
>>406739109
Noob is a universal term, not something created by the fighting game fanbase like streammonster.
>>
>>406735846
What PS2 game is this?
>>
>>406739123
I don't play FG games because half the time I'm using some unofficial exploit in frames or input. If they baked this into the game and had it as part of the training/practice mode, that some games do have, then I would be more inclined to start learning. But since most of the time I have to find an external online resource to learn a single character then I'm just not going to bother.
>>
>super rush
>super rush
>super rush
>super rush

Literally no neutral in this game at all. All you do all game is either get hit by super rush or counter it. No such thing as spacing or footsies when all you do is super rush all the time.
>>
>>406739103
>Openly insulty me
>get called out
>LOOOOOL Y IS U IS LE TEH MAD XDDDD

Unlike eventhubs, my board is 18+
>>
>>406739250
Don't know, but since when has the PS2 had a game that looked this good?
>>
File: stupid.png (1 MB, 1034x578)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>406739250
>>
>>406739352
git
>>
>>406735719
>Darkstalkers
>modern mainstream popularity
>>
>>406735449
>this is supposed to be cool
It's the same fucking shit over and over, what the fuck is so technical about this game?
>>
>>406739378
Quote where I insulted you.
>>
>guy beats me 1 time
>doesn't give me a rematch
>back to queue for 30 minutes

hope that nigger goes outside and gets shot.
>>
File: 1478978234274.gif (2.15 MB, 320x240)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
>>406739385
>looked this good
ur killing me
>>
File: 1454784850031.jpg (43 KB, 330x495)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Where are all the faggots who said DBFZ was gonna kill SFVAE?
>>
>>406738649
>17 results
>out of 2 boards that total 600,000,000+ posts
die smash retard
>>
File: 1503272529439.png (183 KB, 386x406)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
Why are people so afraid of losing? Is it such a tragedy to get beaten by a better player?
>>
>>406739662
Status
>>
>>406739246
Except I didn't bash fighting games at all. I only said that FGCucks bash people that prefer other games. Which you did. Twice.
>>
>>406735484
Get in training mode and practice your combos you dumb fuck. Most players are not invincible gods but if your only response ever is a 2 hit jab while they are breaking out 50 hit combos no shit you are gonna have a bad time unless you are some defensive god. Get in the fucking lab and practice those combos, don't just listen to some asshole try to explain the timing.
>>
>>406739556
Here ya go.
>>
>>406739352
>Super rush
>Can 2H it for a half life combo cus hard kd guaranteed
>Can raw super it
>Can just block it and be on advantage outside of sparking super rush.

Once you condition someone if its possible to it then there is neutral. What you described is no different from a Ryu/Ken etc jumping constantly and dying to pure AAs. There is no neutral because you have to AA you cannot throw much because you have to AA or get hit by jHK into a combo of some sort.

Its just easier to try to do in DBFZ since its one button that takes you full screen. Watch any tournament/high level players who know how little one SD gets you on hit in most cases. You hardly see it you still see it with smart reads on shit but not just raw all day.

Have fun being a idiot sounds like one of the dumb fucks who think GG has no neutral. Just because you have slow reactions you refuse to improve for AA game/raw super game doesn't mean its shit neutral.

Also if you know someone is going to do it hit it on startup. People who throw it out all day also cannot block so just pin them down and meaty them all day. TLDR version fuck off misinformation cunt who doesn't know what neutral is.

Stop confusing movement neutral with poke neutral. GG has both but this game like Marvel is more about movement and keeping yourself unpredictable in most cases until you get pressure.
>>
>>406735846
I shoulda got this or UNIST over this horrid crap DB game.
>>
>>406739662
It is when you are always told you're the chosen one who is better than anyone they dislike.
>>
>>406739541
See>>406738653
>>406738876

>>406739653
Whoa, you really moved those goalposts.
>>
>>406739745
>You did twice
Literally said the opposite. I bash people who "prefer" other games and make threads like this to pseudo flame war fighting games. I don't bash people who you'll talk to and will say "I just couldn't get into them not my cup of tea".

Learn the difference. If you don't like something and your reason is your shit that is also fine. But if you take that go on a board and try to make it seem like the game/entire genres fault for your failures fuck the hell off that is mental and not about "preferring shit" because someone with that mentality only feigns interest in shit that succeed in not enjoy on a level as a whole.
>>
File: 1484574835487.jpg (118 KB, 768x1024)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>406739556
>>
>>406739896
>>406739662
See
>>406738249
>>406739021
>>
Game has dropped just as much on consoles m8
>>
>>406717402
Wrong. Even in team based games people will leave if they do poorly. Blaming other aspects does not soften the blow.

Gears found something like 90% of players who failed to get a single kill in their first multiplayer match NEVER went online again even if the team won. So they put bots in,

That's what they need to do with fighting games. Make people secretly fight easy mode AI when they play ranked for a while.
>>
>>406739959
You are really really sensitive my man. None of these are insults especially among guys. You should probably stick to single player games
>>
>>406717198
>PC
Why are people still in denial that, except for very specific genres/markets, the PC as a platform isn't that important for a game? Fighting games have always been predominately console-audience heavy.
>>
>>406740250
Keep crying DBZbaby, it wont bring your dead game back to life
>>
>>406739976
You're a liar. You literally said I was dumb for preferring other games. Now that you got caught, you're trying to play the victim. By the way, I didn't thread, faglord
>>
>>406739820
Good meme man even top level players spam it. Watched Sonicfox and LFFN fight and they just did it to each other. I'm not playing a shit game like this, theres no reason to.

Keep lapping up the shit though my friend. Even the japanese players say there is no neutral and think this game is pretty bad. I see no reason to play it over other games when they destroyed neutral game.
>>
File: 9fuf1uc.png (18 KB, 598x150)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Game is dead. Without a competitive scene, it will die out as a party fighter
>>
>>406740375
You responded to the wrong person?
I don't play DBFZ. I was pointing out the stupidity of some of these posts.
>>
File: clickity clack.jpg (67 KB, 927x380)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Maybe most people thought it'd be more 1v1 or that it was another Budokai/Xeno.

Still, that's a sharp dive. maybe EVO will kick it back up.
>>
>>406740250
>when its in their favor
>hah look at these superior numbers on pc this game is the greatest fighting game
>after the decline
>well actually pc numbers don't matter at all its all about console

KEK
>>
Wide as a puddle, deep as a puddle.
>>
>>406740198
>HURR DURR U R TEH STTOOPEED PFORE LIEKIN TE SMASH BUTTURZ AND TEH ZEENOBURS
>get called out
>I WUZ A GUDBOI WHOMSTDVEYAINT DINDU NUFFIN WE NEED MO MONEY TO KICK SMASH OUTA EVO

Screw yourself, capqueer
>>
File: 1324597503884.gif (361 KB, 190x190)
361 KB
361 KB GIF
80% of users probably purchased it because it had DBZ in the title, not realizing it was an actual real fighting game.
>>
>>406740658
Whose favor? I don't play. See:
>>406740591
It's the same reason why Witcher 3 was tooled so strongly for consoles. That's where most games make their money, PC is not the primary market for most titles, especially certain genres.
>>
>>406740772
Right because only sfclones are fighting games
>>
File: 1518405808883.gif (82 KB, 500x520)
82 KB
82 KB GIF
>>406728031
This meme is dumb
Not an argument
>>
Did anyone expect different? Unless its one of the big names, like Street Fighter, MvC or Tekken, the games have an incredibly short lifespan.
>>
>>406740941
Those titles don't have a strong following on PC either.
>>
>>406740934
You just posted "autism". Nice hypocrisy, fgcuck
>>
File: sageru all you want.jpg (69 KB, 614x575)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Might be a case of the competitive Mahvel scene clashing against what are just casual DBZ fans, which ends up with the former blowing the assholes out the mouths of the latter which is an instant demotivation to continue playing. Can't just mash and dash to win now.
>>
>>406727797
I was just thinking that.
>>
File: 1517684702876.jpg (400 KB, 1648x1236)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>406722124
>if i make the 'wrong side' call me autistic in the end then that invalidates the claim that I'm autistic for making this picture!
That's not how it works, dumbass. Making this picture is still incredibly autistic.
>>
>>406740834
what?
>>
>>406741076
Nice argument, fgcuck
>>
>>406740572
Hows MVCI doing?
>>
>>406735886
>1 attack and a shield

T. Literally never played it
>>
>>406741623
It's even more dead. Not even getting an EVO spot.
>>
File: rayden.jpg (6 KB, 251x201)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>406723261
>DBZ Fighters is the most fun fighting game to come out in 20 years
injustice ?
>playing ginyu
dropped
>>
>>406717198

Most fighting games have a learning cliff for newcomers where they have to master complex inputs and fend off people who have been playing games in the same series or with similar control layouts for years.

It's why Smash is so popular despite not being a "real" fighting game, since the learning curve for a first-time player is much milder than the average fighting game and you can get fairly far gameplay-wise without delving into more mechanically complex techniques.
>>
most fighting games get boring really quickly if you aren't playing at the highest level since when you aren't you either stomp or get stomped
>>
File: 1517615301508.png (118 KB, 301x318)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>406736759
That's just how humans work. Guilt fucking sucks. It's tied with loneness, despair and loss as the worst feeling a human can experience. Whenever I play overwatch for example. Whenever I die I instinctively say to myself "where the FUCK is my team !?"or blame the mercy to prevent myself from tilting off the earth.
>>
>>406740572
Infil is a noob.

If popular old GG players like daigo will play Fighter Z, and tokido plays everything.
>>
>>406725856
Can someone explain why this is the case? Is it because they don't get as much viewers as MOBAs or FPSs and don't rake in as much money?
>>
>>406741974
People are just unfamiliar with the basics of the genre. They aren't that obtuse at all. Give grandpa a FPS and he will look into the sky and spin around. That's what it's like giving millennials/Gen Z fighting games. They soyboys can't even use a D-pad correctly let alone an arcade stick.
>>
>>406722816
Games can be skill intensive without being complete messes of bad design. Long nonsensical input sequences do nothing but increase barriers to entry but have absolutely no depth or meaning to their difficulty. In chess, before castling you don't have to recite the first fifty digits of pi, that would be an example of a similarity meaningless complication.

Make the skillful elements meaningful and deep, not just arbitrary artifacts of bad design worshipped by autists
>>
>>406718579
So ? One of the things that keeps fighting games float are F.R.I.E.N.D.S ! They're a great choice of game to play whenever you invite someone over
>>
File: 1515128344013.png (769 KB, 960x960)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>406717612
>the fps genre is going through a similar effect.
Overwatch is the future of fps. period. People are getting board of COD they want distinctive classes and diversity and a cute support to back them up
>>
>>406736252
you fucking to me m8
>>
>>406740834
triggered smash baby detected
>>
>>406742876
I'd like Overwatch if the character roles weren't so strict and loadouts weren't so limited. 3 abilities and 1 weapon just isn't enough.
>>
What do fightanfags think of Absolver? I loved the combat in that, shame the game wasn't that popular.
>>
>>406742576
Skill=/=strategy

The skill in chess comes from the timer.

Execution is always the basis of skill, you just hate skill because you are skilless. The sad reality is that you are also a brainlet, because skill and strategy work together holistically. The input sequences are not meaningless at all, they balance the game because you have to devote brain power to them and buffer them. When you don't have to you get stupid shit like A2 two button V-ism activation or SI crazy long cancel/link window into supers, or SF4 braindead reversals forcing the meta into ambiguous crossups to apply effective pressure and mixups.
>>
>>406743106
Never heard of it
>>
>>406742573

>People are just unfamiliar with the basics of the genre. They aren't that obtuse at all. Give grandpa a FPS and he will look into the sky and spin around. That's what it's like giving millennials/Gen Z fighting games. They soyboys can't even use a D-pad correctly let alone an arcade stick.

Well yes, but ultimately grandpa needs someone to teach him how to play the FPS if you expect him to actually develop and grow proficient at it instead of setting it aside in frustration and going on about some tirade about "kids and their Nintendo XBoxes these days".

Fighting game manufacturers are fundamentally stuck in an era where the average kid could go to an arcade, brush up on technique with friends or the random passer-by and then come home and apply the same on his SNES or Genesis. That dynamic is dead outside of Japan, and Japanese consumers are a little too busy with things like dying from overwork and old-age arthritis to exploit that. It's up to the fighting game's dev to work out a way to either find an alternative to that feedback loop, or else just deal with being inaccessible to normies.
>>
>>406743106
As a fighting fag, Absolver was pretty fun, but it isn't really a fighting game. I remember reading an article that said that a fighting game is primarily based around having match up knowledge and knowing what the game and characters are able to do, but in Absolver, since you form your own combos and moves, you don't know what you're fighting against. It's hard to explain.
I liked the game though, but didn't play it much more than a week. The servers were literally down for 5 out of those 7 days though which was hilarious. I probably won't boot it up again.
>>
>>406742876
Overwatch is only played by reddit/casuals/women who will play whatever they are expected to play. You can manufacture the next fad for bugbrained lemmings because they have no genuine interest in anything.
>>
>>406742576
>WAAAAH I DONT HAVE THE SKILL TO DO BASIC INPUS PLEASE BABY THE GAME DOWN FOR ME ITS NOT FAIRRRRRR

(you)
>>
because usually new players for fighting games are going into the hardest genre for new players and usually people just smash them then people give up
>>
>the biggest fighting game ever

What?
>>
>this thread for the billionth time
It isn't because fighting game players are particularly mature. It isn't because people can't handle being at fault for something. It's the exact same fucking reason people don't play Dwarf Fortress. There's a steep learning curve and most people don't care enough to get past it, it's that simple.
>>
>>406743184
No, grandpa isn't stupid, he could learn on his own, he just doesn't want to bother.

Fighting games are great at teaching you as you play, almost every concept is self-evident. You don't need to understand what pressure, rushdown, zoning, anti-airs etc are to do them naturally. But some people are just really dumb, the types who don't figure out how important blocking is early on for example and just treat getting his as inevitable.
>>
>>406737626
>75.png
pls put these in an archive and post it
>>
>>406743338
>>406743332
>>406742573
>WHAAAAAAAH STOP HAVING DIFFRENT PINIONS THEN ME!!!!ONE!!111!

-(((You))), 2018
>>
$35 season pass to get 8 characters that should've been in the base game.
>>
>>406743310
I don't think that having less of an emphasis on matchup knowledge makes it not a fighting game. You have to learn your opponents combos and adapt to them and you can still examine the properties of all the moves outside of fights. The servers were complete ass at launch week and I think that's why less people stayed.
>>
>>406743184
Lol newsflash kid they have had games with great tutorials now. It doesn't matter one bit because kids can't figure out how to practice and just got btfo and quit back to team games where they can blame the team.
>>
>>406743919
Or maybe they just weren't having fun playing with faggots like you
>>
dooberz will be dead before EVO
>>
>>406743919
We get it, you play fighting games so you can feel superior to others. There's no need to shout it.
>>
>>406744783
>feel

Be
>>
>>406744783
>people play competitive games so they can beat other players
wow who could've fucking thought
>>
>>406744879
>waste thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars to do the same combos every day in a dead end game
>superior

(Lol
>>
>>406744783
No but don't come into a game where there is a good tutorial then sit around whining the game doesn't do enough to teach you. Get in there and practice. It's the only way to become better but you all want some magical shortcut so you can play like Justin Wong on day 1 or some shit.
>>
>>406738249
Soycuck boy mad af
>>
>>406738249
This. And god forbid you suggest that the game have content outside of multiplayer only.
>>
>>406745338
>good tutorial

>game says press back->forward to do move
>do that exact thing
>topkek game disagrees bro :^)
>>
>>406738249
The Jojo Arcade game is awesome though
>>
>>406745338
Alright, that's totally fine. But when you genre remains niche don't have fifty threads about why people don't play fighting games and play team games instead.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.