[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Cyberflop.png (515 KB, 539x1137)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
>Cyberpunk 2077 won't have any of the interesting classes in it

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>420253224
>lying

why op?
>>
dmc
spiderman
tlou 2
thats it. rest were shitty as fuck
>>
>>420253326
> only 3 classes (all the same except weapon specialization)
> linear-story with no branching dialogue
> no leveling up
> first-person but not an FPS (combat decided by stats and RNG outcomes)
> prefab player character with only superficial customization like appearances
> can't even name your character, will always be named /v/ (shittiest board on 4chan)
> player character is cannonalcy female
> "city" is just a skybox
> every building is instances w/ loading screens upon entering and exiting
> no dynamic weather, only static day/night cycles that only change depending on what mission you are playing
> not open world (6 city districts are "unlocked" with no ability to re-visit previously experienced areas)
> ranged weapons only, no melee combat because muh first-person view
> you can't pilot flying vehicles
>>
2077 might unironically be the most retarded /v/ has ever been
>>
>first person 2077
Fucking never
>>
>>420253224
They are in the game but aren't part of the skill tree, you will probably stay as a freelancer but be able to do quests for them.
>>
>>420253224
It won't have any classes, it will have skill trees with skills that fit those 3 roles that you can mix at will.
>>
>>420253224
I was going to main Netrunners anyway.
>>
>>420254960
source
>>
>it doesn't have to be at night
>it doesn't have to be in a large city
>it doesn't need to be 3rd person
>it doesn't need to have the different classes
WE ARE NOW HERE
>it doesn't need to have good character customization
>it doesn't need to have real dialogue choices
>it doesn't need to have a branching story
>it doesn't need to need good graphics
>it doesn't need to have substance
>it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077

CYBERSHITE
>>
>>420254960
>If I put things in green text they become true
>>
>>420254960
that's not what peoples who actually saw the demo are saying
>>
>remove 6 classes so players don't feel overwhelmed by choice
>homogenize the remaining 3 classes so players don't feel locked in by choosing a class and can play all 3 at once
>tfw self healing, hacking, one man army
>tfw don't have to commit to anything
BASED Eurojank Projekt Red
>>
Shame on CDPR for not thinking of those with disabilities. What's next from such a company? Misogyny? Racism? They won't be getting any of my money
>>
File: 1436453796238.jpg (4 KB, 247x247)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>expecting 9 seperate campaigns for all the classes, since thats the only way it would work
>>
>CDPR announce Cyberpunk 2077 way back around 2012
>say that you'll be able to play all classes
>as late as last year they fucking say all classes will be playable
>backtrack after revealing the game at E3

Fuck off CDPR
>>
File: sun.jpg (69 KB, 600x446)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>420255535
>it doesn't have to be at night
there is a day and night cycle, y'know, like in the real world
>it doesn't have to be in a large city
It is in a large city though
>it doesn't need to be 3rd person
not even gonna bother with this
>it doesn't need to have the different classes
They said the way you join classes isn't pre defined by your backstory but rather progresses as you go on, so you can be a rockerboy or a corporate if you actually work towards it yourself rather than choosing it at the start
>>
>>420253224
You must be really high if you thought all these classes would be in the game.
>>
>>420255119
>he missed MGSV's prerelease
It's like this a lot, this board is awful.
>>
>>420256391
This, most of the gameplay will require tech, cyber or guns.
The other classes can only exist narratively.
>>
File: the state.png (508 KB, 617x2854)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>420255535
jesus
>>
File: wojak.jpg (53 KB, 1600x900)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>420253224
wanted to be corporate.
>>
>>420256523
>believing every single word you hear on /v/
You're retarded but I'll indulge you, assuming you aren't falseflagging or just shitposting. Those three are starting classes. Other classes, like Corporate, are earned during gameplay with a variety of factors, it's an optional class. It's not hard to believe the other five classes will be like that too. So says the people who saw the demo.
>>
File: cyberpunk 2077.jpg (90 KB, 577x317)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>420256532
> city is named "NIGHT City"
> daytime
>>
>>420253224
they said all classes will be playable, just because you start with 3 doesn't mean you can't join other factions later on
>>
>>420256391
i doubt it is a whole different campaign. it will most likely be similar to the backstories in dragon age origins.

would have been nice to have more than three classes. and they are interchangeable apparently.
>>
>>420254960
Would people really do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>420254960
100% of this are straight lies
>>
>>420257112
sure makes you wonder what drives a man to those lengths
>>
>>420254960
again,
why lie?
>>
File: too many memes.jpg (66 KB, 569x661)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>420255535
>>420257112
>>
File: THINGKEN INTENSIFIES.jpg (2 KB, 112x112)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>420257602
>city is called city that never sleeps
>people sleep
>>
>>420258001
>>420257930
>>420257871
where are the proofs, samefag???
>>
>classes
Those aren't classes.
>>
Why are people hyped for this game again? Witcher is fucking shit, CDPR has never made a good game.
>>
>>420258536
(you)
>>
THIS IS ALL THE SUN'S FAULT!
>>
>>420254960
Reminder that this is the kind of person you interact with when you're on /v/.
>>
>>420253224
eh?

the dev specifically said that a Rockerboy and a Corporate work in different ways in the interview, wtf are you on OP?
>>
>>420258321
youre the one making claims, faggot
>>
>>420254960
I know this is wrong because you determine everything about your character, including their childhood hero and key events in their life.
>>
I just want to be a maximum lawman on the mean 21st century streets.
>>
>>420254960
> only 3 classes
Game is classes just like the table top, you fucking ijjit
>>
File: avp2.jpg (147 KB, 800x1165)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>420256532
>so you can be a rockerboy or a corporate if you actually work towards it yourself rather than choosing it at the start

When people say they want to play as those roles, they mean having full fledged gameplay for each one, say rockerboy is basically cyberpunk guitar hero, corp is a stock simulator with crusader kings, media is a stealth game is a lot of social interactions, basically letting players follow the main quest using different methods, and entirely different paths.
Why the hell a corp would go full gun blazing against his target, just use the media as a weapon.

>>420257391
Yeah, corp perk will probably give 10% on discount or something.

>>420256391
Not impossible, just take a lot of effort.
>>
I like the idea of starting at 0 and working your way up to a profession or a class instead of starting as one. But that's just me.
>>
>>420253224
>no media
>no corporate
>no fixer
At least I can still be a Solo ;_;
>>
>>420258968
I doubt it'll be as superficial as a discount. They say it's ultimately an rpg and they don't want to force players into one playstyle.
>>
>>420254960
Pulled straight out of OP's cavernous, stretched out and bleeding anus.
>>
>>420258763
There are at least 3 separate anons who said they would lie and shitpost to anti-shill the game as soon as the trailer dropped because "too many colors" or whatever.

Honestly, it's kinda releiving to see so many people instantly call them out on their shit. They're not gonna stop, but at least they aren't very clever.
>>
>>420258968
>When people say they want to play as those roles, they mean having full fledged gameplay for each one
So this people don't understand what this classes are for and how they work in tabletop and they want something completely irrelevant?
>>
They will most likely add more as paid DLC
>>
>>420259039
You can be all of those. You build your class through skills, attributes, and installing different hardware.
>>
>>420258968
>i want a game where you can do literally everything
Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1JjfztBnaTHWEx3ZE1HYXZQSHM/view

Have fun!
>>
>>420258968
They could fit it in partially by having it be a kind of sub class that could might attain by going through x y z events in the storyline. You don't just start out a corporate guy, but can find yourself in the employ of a corporation through various choices you've made.

I mean, it's not very "table-top" in that respect, but this is meant to be an adaptation rather than a faithful recreation right?
>>
>>420258968
>When people say they want to play as those roles, they mean having full fledged gameplay for each one
If anyone actually thinks that they were actually going to make massive and separate genres of game for individual classes are retarded, that was how star citizen was made and we all know how that's turning out
>>
File: Sebastian_LaCroix.png (492 KB, 909x909)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
rip corporate
>>
>>420254960
They've already said you could take on other roles like corporates and rockerboys at the gamespot interview.
>>
The developers said there is no pre-defined class system at the start but you can modify your character through attributes and looks in order to make the classes you want or even new ones.

how's this a bad thing?
>>
>>420259501
>table top rpg

How the fuck am I supposed to play this by myself?
>>
>>420257391

Can you provide a source to that? CDPR said it wouldn't be for the player period.
>>
>>420254960
He's literally lying holy shit. What the fuck is wrong with you eternal summer?
>>
>>420259932
FUCK the source material dudes!!!!!!! I wanna be able to do all of the content at once!!! fuck roleplaying!!!! i want to be a solo that is also an expert hacker but also master of stealth and charisma!!! cant wait to max every skill because FUCK replayability /b/ros
>>
>>420260010
no, you can't, it even says it works best with four players or more, sorry! Round up your friends, anon!
>>
>>420259932
Because most people on /v/ don't even hold their own opinions, let alone have the capacity to play a game without being restricted to a specific playstyle right from the start.
>>
>>420260010
in the dark room at the night with a noose hanging in your sight. Dab in it and pain goes away.
>>
>>420254960
seriously what exactly happened that people are trying this hard to shit on this game? it isn't even exclusive and the sun complaint has already become a meme. is this mental illness?
>>
>>420253224
>only 3 classes
That's 2 more then in their previous "rpg".
>>
>>420257871
shiiiit I just finished reading transmet today
based
>>
>>420253224
>>
>>420260163
Multi class is part of source material.
>>
File: 1527855361691.jpg (1.13 MB, 1600x1200)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>420253224
>you will never take personal responsibility as a future cop
>>
>>420260363
Witcher had 3 skill trees, just like this one.
>>
>>420260163
you can still play the game as if you were limited by the class system.... sooooooo....

why are you acting like a bitch?
>>
>>420254960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
>>
>>420260315
biodrones
>>
File: 100% sure.jpg (41 KB, 767x431)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>420255519
>literally admited by the devs on E3 stream
>shill doesn't even watch it to make their shit belivable
>>
at least in Tweeter and every other actual relevant place of the internet the game is having a massively positive feedback.

good thing 4chan is one of those places no one gives a shit about.
>>
>>420260315
An overdose of vitamin D can actually cause the brain to short-circuit. Once the trailer dropped and all those incles got exposed to the sun, they literally spazzed out like cockroaches and went hysterical.
>>
>>420253224
>Rockerboys
Not fun for a video game
>Medias
Focus is too narrow, good quest giver/companion though
>Cops
Obvious bad guys although playing up the rogue cop angle could be cool
>Corporates
>being a suit in a cyberpunk setting
>Fixers
the only one not included that should be included as a player class, will definitely be an NPC for the black market connections
>Nomads
Cool in concept but has too much overlap with Solos in a single player game
>>
File: 54353.png (147 KB, 1667x1269)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>420260315
everything popular on /v/ always attracts the worst kind of attention whores
>>
>>420260082
There's several pictures floating around of the journalists who viewed the demo. Hell, they could be wrong but it sounded like they saw V buy a few things and move more towards Corporate. Like, some augments or something.
>>
>>420260492
YEAH DUDE you can play cyberpunk 2077 like cyberpunk 2020 or you can play it like the witcher in space epic d000d based eurojank devs do it again
>>
>>420260596
I saw all of the streams and that literally never happened.
>>
>>420260315
>why are people posting facts that I don't like about a game I do like???? what the FUCK
>>
>>420261034
> Facts

Lol
>>
>>420260863
so that is what happens when you completely run out of contrarian arguments...
>>
The PNP game didn't have classes either. It had roles, and all they determined were your background, your starting equipment and your contacts.
>>
>>420254960
> only 3 classes (all the same except weapon specialization)
true
> linear-story with no branching dialogue
possibly true judging by the witcher 3
> no leveling up
false
> first-person but not an FPS (combat decided by stats and RNG outcomes)
first part true, second part false
> prefab player character with only superficial customization like appearances
false
> can't even name your character, will always be named /v/ (shittiest board on 4chan)
first part false, second part true
> player character is cannonalcy female
false
> "city" is just a skybox
false
> every building is instances w/ loading screens upon entering and exiting
false
> no dynamic weather, only static day/night cycles that only change depending on what mission you are playing
false
> not open world (6 city districts are "unlocked" with no ability to re-visit previously experienced areas)
false. game is open world but the quests are designed around a hub system, meaning that they won't require you to drive to the other side of the map to complete them. there are multiple hubs
> ranged weapons only, no melee combat because muh first-person view
false
> you can't pilot flying vehicles
true
>>
>>420259692
Based on the first teaser and those videos they released talking about Cyberpunk 2077, they believed they could make something like that, but, is some rumors from few years back were true, they probably scraped the original design in favor of a more manageable one, they already invested money.
The problem was giving hope to people, people who believed they could play as they want, and now hearing CDPR talking about V character and stuff, broke them.
They should never released that first teaser, they should never announced cyberpunk 2077 prior to the playable version.
If you are a game dev, don't ever tell people what you want for a game, they will take your word a truth, just show the product and done.
>>
File: 1351482410111.jpg (98 KB, 800x629)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>420261432
>game is cyberpunk 2020: the videogame
>except it plays nothing like cyberpunk 2020 and only steals the name and some of the ideas
>eurojank-rpg fanboys eat it up
LMAO
>>
Why are people so butthurt about the character being named V?

Isn't this the same as Fallout and Mass Effect, both of which gave your character a generic name that other characters would refer to you by?
>>
>>420261967
>play nothing like cyberpunk
>WHY ARE THERE NO CLASSES
>IF IM A COP THAT MEANS I WORK FOR POLICE
Low QI as fuck.
>>
>>420261668
Lying again...
>>
>>420260741
I love cyberpunk/cybernoir but in a cyberpunk world I would be corp as fuck desu

I'm hoping that you'll get the chance to play corporate through decisions/faction choices

>Start as junior assistant to some low level executive
>Eventually murder your boss and take his place in the company
>Work your way up the ladder through the shadiest means possible until you're VP Marketing or some shit
>Walk every where with your security detail
>One day CEO calls you into his office
>You're stabbed in the elevator there by your own security, last thing you see is the CEO shaking hands with your guards

This is the game I want no joke
>>
jesus christ this thread are CDPdrones the new cancer in town?
>>
>>420261967
>animeposter

ah, that explains that.
>>
>>420263132
No?
>>
>>420257936
Is this the world that weaponized autism has created?
>>
>>420254960
Hello anon
Game is FPS perspective
FPS perspective made to feel more personal
RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
Voiced protagonist, male and female voices
Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
>You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
>Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
>Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
>Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
>You can combine classes
>Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
>Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
>Choice and consequence is HUGE. >Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
>Story is personalized by player choice.
>Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. >Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
>Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons
>>(heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons
>>(penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons
>>(tracking/following)
>Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
>V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
>V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
>Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
>Details of the world - everything has a purpose. -World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
>Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
>6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
>Exploration is encouraged.
>Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
>>
File: cyberpunkplane.jpg (93 KB, 1919x1079)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>420263474
>You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
>No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - >Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
>Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)
>The game will also have romances, full frontal nudity, and one-night stands
>The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.
>These stats are all pulled from the original tabletop RPG.
>You can drive cars in the game, and seemingly toggle between first and third person during this.
>You can engage in combat while driving -- AI took over steering as you lean out the window and shoot at enemies.
>The goal is for you to not only engage with the game world, but with its inhabitants.
>Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.
>Completing a quest levels up your street cred.
>UI expands during combat -- enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.
>Damage numbers pop up during combat.
>There's a bullet-time-like ability that allows you to slow down time.
>Obstacles have several solutions depending on your skills. For example, V got to a door, but his hacking skill was too low. However, his engineering skill was high enough, so he could open a panel and bypass the door.
>There's an inspection system lets you look super close at items and learn more about lore.
>You use an inhaler to heal.
>Gunplay feels slower than Doom or Borderlands, but faster than Fallout 4.
>CD Projekt showed off some late-game abilities, including mantis-like blade arms and wall running.
>We saw a boss fight against a dude in an exoskeleton. This included sliding under cars and taking cover.
>>
File: 1506732193833.gif (2.99 MB, 186x186)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>420261034
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""facts""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: 1528894857226.jpg (435 KB, 1920x1080)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>
This game is steadily becoming AoE2 HD levels of “not being able to discuss on /v/“

For fucks sakes people, wait until we see gameplay
>>
>first person rpg
The state of western gaming
>>
>>420264262
>AoE2 HD

Don't remind me.

African Kingdoms ruined any possibility of talking about that game forever.
>>
>>420254960
>getting this mad that pc is getting a good game so you make up shit about it

Nintenbabbys, everyone.
>>
>>420264262

The level of shitposting is unprecedented.

I'm actually impressed.
>>
>>420254960
I thought the 3 classes at E3 were just for the dmeo and the rest were supposed to be in the full game?
>>
File: japanin2018.png (385 KB, 750x422)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>420264404
meanwhile, in Japan
>>
>>420253224
No one cares. /v/ is so shit now fuck off
>>
>>420253224
You can't include all in a game with a fixt story. How are you supposed to play a cop when you are somewhat criminal, how would medias work? How would corporates work?
There are most likely no highways either.
>>
>>420266038
And rockerboys.
>>
>>420263048
>I'm hoping that you'll get the chance to play corporate through decisions/faction choices
If this shit is true, this would be cool as fuck. Seriously.
It could lead you down moral paths that you (as an actual player) would have a hard time coming to terms over. Imagine doing a job as corporate, but you don't have the physical skills necessary to pull of a job you consider morally acceptable. You could still try and pull it off, but it might be difficult for you to do so.
Or say you are corporate, but want to spec up physical combat in the future, and choosing a mission might negatively affect the standing in another spec that gives you more combat capabilities.
Damn that would be fucking cool.
>>
>>420258758
every thread it seems too
>>
File: lKPaHzp.jpg (20 KB, 575x356)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>420265104
>'m-muh sun' eclipsing 'TOO BIG 4 SMASH' in terms of shitposting
>>
>>420253224
Okay, if this game is a GTA clone how do the classes work? can some classes do things better than others or are there abilities that they have that the others don't get access to?
>>
>>420267964
don't take shitposters seriously
>>
>>420255535
Based Shazam poster.
>>
>>420259617
>I mean, it's not very "table-top" in that respect, but this is meant to be an adaptation rather than a faithful recreation right?
classes in tabletop were more like origin stories with some unique skills. your character didn't hold a job as a cop or corporate guy or journalist in the game, they were fired from the job before the campaign starts.
>>
>>420259692
>that was how star citizen was made and we all know how that's turning out
Still better than this trash. If you can't do it right then don't do it all.
>>
>>420260163
>FUCK the source material dudes!!!!!!! I wanna be able to do all of the content at once!!! fuck roleplaying!!!!
if you actually knew jack shit about the source material, you'd know that it was literally the same case in the tabletop. classes were origin stories, there was no class locked shit when it came to skills, playing a gun blazing fighting oriented corporate or media was perfectly viable
>>
>>420253224
>ignoring the part where it's clearly stated classes like corporates and rockerboys are very much also available

tard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.