[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>SONY SO BUTTMAD THAT THEY BLOCK THEIR PLAYERS FROM INTERACTING WITH EVERYONE ELSE
>”B-B-BUT MUH MUSTARD RACE”
L O L
>>
Fortnite owners must be fucking laughing all the way to the bank.
What the fuck is even with this game to garner this reaction? Goddamn.
>>
>>420393079
Switchfags and xbots match made in heaven
>>
>>420393079
>wanting to play with cheaters on switch
>>
>>420393079
Why are Fortnite owners so entitled?
>>
Isn't that a problem on Epic's end?
>>
>>420393218
>Fortnight owners

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>420393751
No, its Sony refusing to have Crossplay with other consoles as always
>>
>>420393751
No, they've said repeatedly there's nothing they can do about it. If Epic unlocks people's Fortnite accounts Sony will ban epic accounts from operating on PS4 period.
>>
>>420393640
This.
Shoo Shoo toddlers.
>>
>>420393079
> wanting to play Fortnite
Sony did you a favour
>>
Sony aren't going to do a single fucking thing about this and all these faggots will just bend over and take it, once they get bored and find the next thing to make angry tweets about.

At the very best, 2-3 years from now they'll use crossplay and such as a massive point of praise for the PS5, and these same retards will say they won E3 or TGS or whatever with that one announcement.
>>
Fornite is flavor of the month shit anyway.
>>
>>420393079
It's not even about interaction, if you decided to ever play fortnite on PS4 for any reason then the account you used is forever branded as a PS4 account that can't be used elsewhere
>>
>>420394056
This. It's so painfully obvious. Sony knows it's too late in the gen for people to switch to Xbox, this only has repercussions for the PS5, but when the PS5 comes around they'll announce crossplay and everyone will praise them for it and act like they did nothing wrong.
>>
>>420393852
>as always
You have a memory of a fucking bug.
Last gen when Xbox was 'dominating' they cited protection of their online crowd as an excuse to shut everyone else off.
This gen when SONY has the upper hand they basically used the same shitty excuse while MS is all about openness and cooperation (since thier multiplayer lobbies are empty and that's not a good thing).

>MS was asked many times to do cross platform networking, FFXI (MS refused, Sony did it square skipped MS with FFXIV), Borderlands 2, Steam w/Portal 2 on 360 (MS refused, Sony did it on PS3)
>MS gave this reasoning via Kotaku: "Here's a Microsoft spokesperson saying "no," while promoting how awesome the Xbox 360's online service is:
>"Xbox Live delivers the best entertainment experience unmatched by anyone else, with 35 million actively engaged members.
>We have a high level of expectation for our game developers to ensure that all Live experiences remain top notch.
>Because we can't guarantee this level of quality, or control the player experience on other consoles or gaming networks, we currently do not open our network to games that allow this cross-over capability.""
>>
>>420393079
>Upset because you can't play your Fortnite account on Switch since you don't want to start over

>So you decide to go to Xbox and start your Fortnite account over anyway

I don't know if this is stupidity or false flagging
>>
>>420393079
Well, firstly: Anyone playing Fortnite deserves to be ripped off.

Secondly: While this is primarily Sony's fault for being fucking evil, (After all, they charge for online access for their consoles, they're making money off of this free to play game no matter what.) it is also Epic games fault for not just going, "Hey we have the hottest pile of shit of the year, fuck you Sony our people will want to play togather."

Of course, Epic will benefit from this as well, as you can see with retards wanting to jump to a different platform, thus making a new account, and paying for all their bullshit cosmetics again.
>>
Sony isn't the type to reverse any decisions but we'll see. I don't own a PS4 and I only played the game a couple times on PC. Downloaded it and linked my account on Switch anyway for shits and giggles. Maybe literally for shits, I might play it while taking a dump.
>>
>>420393836
>Fortnight owners
>>
>>420394490
You don't need PSPlus to play Fortnite online.
>>
File: hellish manikin.jpg (99 KB, 970x990)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Fuck this battle royale trend. Stop making threads about it, jesus christ. Just get angry and jerk off in your fucking general.
>>
>>420394547
Sony isn't going to bend over for a few million fags upset over skins and if they did it would only open the floodgates that would lead to MS having an upper hand. It's a stupid business move.
>>
>>420394845
Upper hand over what? What does Sony lose by allowing a 3rd party account to act like a 3rd party account?
>>
>>420393079
I don't even like Fortnite, but I'm pretty pissed off regardless. Everyone else can cooperate and play along, why do you have to be the creepy fat kid Sony?
>>
>>420393079
Vidya.. has changed...

It's no longer about consoles, exclusives, or services. It's an endless series of royale battles, fought by children and streamers.

Vidya--and it's consumption of life--has become a battle-royale machine.

Vidya has changed.

Fortnite-tagged players carry Fortnite-tagged accounts, use Fortnite-tagged controllers. Skins inside their accounts enhance and regulate their abilities.

Account control, information control, emotion control, console control…everything is monitored and kept under control.

War…has changed.

The age of Sony has become the age of crossplay, all in the name of averting catastrophe from games of mass production, and he who conforms to crossplay, controls history.

Vidya…has changed.

When the games is under total crossplay, Vidya becomes routine.
>>
>Sony are anti consumer
>The sky is blue

More news at 10
>>
>>420394845
It's a bad business move with free to play games.
>>
>>420394958
They stop holding games hostage which allows people to play on other consoles with less people without feeling it because of cross-play.
>>
>>420395006
>My competition is losing

>My competition wants me to open up my online service to owner of other platforms

>Why should I allow you to access my playerbase to compensate for your smaller one. All it would do is encourage people to not buy my platform since they can play with the userbase regardless of their choice.

Business retard
>>
Sony has such a commanding lead, not entirely sure why they would pull something like this. It's just bad PR on that part.
>>
>>420393079
Haha, pay up goy. Two accounts, twice the amount of bought lootboxes. You DO need the cosmetics or everyone will think you are some unimaginative pleb. And that's a good thing!
>>
Why is Sony the autistic Asian child that can't play along with anyone??

Flash forward 5 years into the future and people will be crossplaying in a lobby with Nextbox, Switcheroo and PC players

Meanwhile Sony has a lobby of its last surviving 3 fans playing together screaming

>FOR THE PLAYERS
>I SAID FOE THE PLAYERS (sobbing)
>>
>>420395286
this would make sense if EPIC was behind the block. sony receives nothing from players opening a separate account for their switch.
>>
>>420395264
No one knows whose responsible for this. I hate that everyone is just throwing around accusations without knowing a damn thing beyond guesses and speculation.

I have a feeling this is on Epic's end because games like Warframe have no problem
>>
>>420393079
Sony and it's fanboys are the biggest cancerous tumor in this industry, even worse than EA
>>
>>420395231
Kidnapping accounts doesn't protect any online service
>>
>>420393079
>>”B-B-BUT MUH MUSTARD RACE”
That's the thing, mustard race allows you to transfer your pos4 fortnite items to Switch.
not my fault these literal children can't click 3 things on the epicgames website to figure it out
>>
>>420393079
>SONY SO BUTTMAD
it sounds more like you are buttmad
you keep making these threads constantly
>>
>>420395231
Except that when Sony is the only one not doing it, it becomes a reason not to buy that platform. It's a Catch 22, and Sony would have been better off permitting 3rd party games to function like 3rd party games. This whole mess on Twitter is literally proof of that, and if they don't turn around and say "ok, let's crossplay", they're going to lose all the fairweather friends they worked so hard to earn, and that Microsoft started to woo this E3. That's business.
>>
>>420395340
>This will be the end of Sony

>Said increasingly nervous Xshill for the seventh time
>>
>>420395231

Nice business
Now people are denouncing your brand and moving to Xbox so they aren't locked to Sony devices forever and can play with others
>>
>>420393336
Sony corporate is no different than sony shitposters on /v/

>never forget...the 80 million
>>
>>420395601

>Blaming Xshills when literally every other user (pc nintendo Android iOS Xbox) is turning on Sony because they refuse to play nicely

Literally autistic babies
>>
>>420395473
Microbots and Nintendofags exist
>>
>>420395435
>whose responsible for this.
Considering you can Switch between Xbox One, Switch AND PC with the Same account without hassle, you'd have to be an idiot not to know Sony's at fault.
>>
>>420395725
Turning don't blame me when it amounts to nothing as per usual
>>
>>420395737
yet I don't see them spamming goldenface and wojacks on every single occasion they can, while jerking off to the same 4 cinematic action games for years
>>
>>420393875
>>420393751

Couldn't Epic just strong arm this?? Tell Sony to handover the kidnapped accounts or they'll stop developing content for PlayStation platform?

Epics in control of the situation here. People will just move console to play Fortnite because it's the biggest game in the world at the moment.

Nobody's gonna stick to Sony so they don't get anything new and can't play with anyone
>>
>>420395758
The point is that there are other 3rd party online games that allow players to switch between platforms with no problem but only Epic seems to have a problem but everyone automatically thinks the problem is on Sony's end. If that was the case, why do the other games function just fine?
>>
>>420395871
If you think any console-warring shitpost is done by any actual fanboy of the platform represented, then you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>420395871
I like how you conveniently ignore how the other two fags just spam their own wojacks and Smash/Halo all over the fucking place
>>
>>420394056
>>420394347
>a handful of retards are mad
>people switching consoles for Fortnite
doubt it
>>420393079
forgot to post the reddit link from your previous thread.
>>
>>420395160
If you had an Epic account you'd know that you can only have it active for one system at a time, per account. It's got nothing to do with Sony.
>>
>>420393218
boomer detected
>>
>>420395949
What other games feature crossplay between PS4 and Switch/Xbox?
>>
>>420395435

Crossplaying is already there. Literally with other playstation games already

Sony just doesn't wanna support other platforms at all. Why tho? Fear?

People are just gonna move because everyone's gonna be worried now that any account that make on a Sony platform will get kidnapped
>>
File: 1411071475847.jpg (885 KB, 1744x3348)
885 KB
885 KB JPG
>>420396048
>i-it's not the sony fanboys, it's everyone else!!!

sure thing anon, sure thing
>>
>>420395947
Epic can't strong arm anything, they are forced to do this due to Sony's internal policy
>>
>>420395949
No other Cross Platform game transfers your progress from System to System on the fly like Fortnite has.

No ones talking about PLAYING Fortnite with other Platforms, it's the fact people who bought a Battle Pass are now shit out of luck and can only use on PS4 and PC unlike Xbox and Switch
>>
>>420395871
>I don't see them spamming goldenface and wojacks
oh really?did you miss E3 and all those ebin Xbro wojacks?
>>
>>420395435
>use account on Xbox One
>can use it on the Switch, PC, Mac, Android
>can't use it on the PS4
>use account on Switch
>can use it on the Xbox One, PC, Mac, Android
>can't use it on the PS4
>use account on PS4
>can use it on the PC, Mac, Android
>can't use it on the Xbox One and Switch

>Xbox rep says they allow cross play with other platforms
>Nintendo rep says they allow cross play with other platforms
>Epic rep says they can't do anything and the lock isn't their fault
>Sony rep says they don't allow cross play with other platforms

>no one knows who's responsible for this

Gee anon, it's really not clear who is the one who fucks shit over
>>
>>420396190

You can already use your single epic account on switch, Xbox and pc anon
>>
>>420395949
If this is just a misunderstanding and not the result of an active decision then why aren't Epic or Sony pointing that out, possibly promise to fix the error, instead of letting the controversy brew?
>>
>>420396190
That's only true if your Epic account is associated with a PS4.
>>
>>420395010
7/10 bretty gud.
Second half got sloppy.
>>
>>420395473
I almost agree, but then I remember that Blizztards are a thing and are giving several hundreds of millions dollars to Jewzard for digital cards.
>>
>>420396284
I spam the goldenface and I don't own a console.
>>
>>420396297

But what if they just threatened to stop development on Sony platforms?

You can't tell me Sony wouldn't shit themselves if Epic was about to pull the rug out from under them with their most popular game

Not that they would, but in a reality where Epic suddenly Unlocked accounts linked with PlayStation, if Sony deleted said accounts then people would stop using Sony platforms

Sony's the one with everything to lose.
Even if Epic just decided to not port any more content updates Sony would shit themselves because they know their users would get upset that they won't get any new skins or guns anymore
>>
>>420396190
if this was true, xbox and PC players would be raging right now over not being able to migrate to the switch.

why is it only sony players? hmm, I wonder
>>
>>420396668
>Epic should be working hard to prevent Sony from being assholes

It's not Epic's place to do this
>>
>>420396495
It's no misunderstanding, Sony release a statement saying "too bad too sad"
>>
>>420396945
this.
let sony screw themselves. the funny thing is that i'm sure fortnite plays like ass on the switch, so those players that wanted to migrate would likely return back to the ps4, after seeing just how awful the experience would be on a baby tablet.
>>
>>420397173
Really? Link pls
>>
>>420396668
> But what if they just threatened to stop development?

Then there would most likely be a breech of contract somewhere, Epic would get fined an ungodly amount of money, Sony would be transparent as fuck to it's players who decided to stop giving them new content, and then there's a whole other problem that is not squarely on Epic's shoulders in the peak of their popularity. It would prpbably be a death sentence for Fortnite as some other similar game popped up since BR is being done by literally everyone right now.

It's easy to say Fortnite isn't going anywhere, but if they pulled some kinda shit like that it most certainly fucking would. PuBg was Fortnite last year. Now it's a strong second, but still second.
>>
>>420397221
haha.. yeah.. those nintendo losers are going to hate having their favorite game on the go in a definitive mobile form
>>
>>420396190
You can log in to your account on Switch if your account was used for PC, Xbox One, Mobile, literally anything except for a PS4.
>>
>>420397224

>>420387845
>>
>>420397304
>definitive mobile form
i c wat u did thur
>>
>>420396668
>But what if they just threatened to stop development on Sony platforms?
You want to tell me that the companies are operating on good faith and not based on very restrictive contracts that completely lock what Epic can and can't do to other versions of the game? The contract most likely binds Epic to keep the game cross play compatible with PC, which means that on top of handicapping the PS4 version (biggest version) they would also handicap the PC version (second biggest version).
While Epic isn't the one who made the decision about the locking of accounts, they for sure don't give enough shits to challenge anything since it will just make them more money. Want to play on the Switch after palying on PS4? Good goy, buy some cosmetics a second time, you don't want to look poor, do you?
>>
>>420397221
>plays like ass
Epic made Fortnite work on phones
>>
>>420393079
Sony on suicide watch
>>
>>420397397
That's just precious. It's like right now they're the only company openly acknowledging console wars
>>
>>420398217
It's like they're going to let Microsoft take the consumer friendly reputation back and ruin everything they gained in 2013
>>
File: 1392600587189.png (568 KB, 929x700)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
>>420393336
>>
It's a moronic argument.

This is only about skins and shit being crossed over.

DLC has never been transferable to different platform, why does everyone think they should now and only for this game?
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 251x201)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>playing on console

Serves them right
>>
>>420399059
lol this guy is fucking dead
>>
Epic wants to do what's in their best interest (make Fortnite platform agnostic) and Sony is also just looking out for themselves. Just because the former is currently aligned with your interests doesn't mean that they care more about you than Sony. They'll find a way to fuck you later when that's the right thing (for them) to do.
>>
>>420394415
last gen xbox live was head and shoulders above all the competition. connection times, latency, ping etc on xbl servers was by far the best if they allowed you to connect to psn which factually was worse than xbl it would have made xbl look shit. nowadays everything is pretty much equal so these things can be done. fyi shadowrun on the 360 back in 2007 had crossplay and it was actually certified to xbl standards i.e. not a laggy piece of shit.
>>
B-B-BUT WHEN THEY BUTTEXPLODED MICROSOFT WITH USED GAMES THEY WERE ON OUR SIDE!!! THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE GAMERS??
>>
half the map is going to risky reels every match for that blockbuster skin and its a chaotic mess so have fun
>>
Xbots and switchfags using their victimcard hard after being fucked by Sony
>>
>>420393079
Everyone should own a PS4 anyway.
>>
#fortheplayers
>>
>>420393079
>fortnite on switch

guess it's cheaper than having your mom hire an autism therapist
>>
>>420394826
this isnt a fortnite thread, its a fuck sony thread
>>
>>420400426
I'm still curious how the current younger generation will end up when grown up. After all, our current gen divided into libtards and alt-memes and are both more fucked up than boomers.
>>
>>420400662
>MS forcing DRM and a Spy box in the Xbone
>Sony goes "lol, no" and carries on as usual
>Sony are the bad guys because they want a unilateral online experience
>>
make a new account is everyone a fucking spastic now?
>>
>>420401137
>brainlet doesn't understand situation
>>
>>420401591
you lose everything you earned, plus you cant crossplay with PC/Switch then
>>
BOYCOTT SONY THEY HAVE BEEN BLOCKING CROSSPLAY ALL GENERATION

We would have universal crossplay right now if it wasnt for them! Game genres are dying because of them!
>>
>>420393079
why dont they just make a new account?

What? they bought microtransactions already? HAHAHHAHAHAHA

serves them right

please stop buying shit on fortnite
>>
>>420401813
I blame sonyfags for buying the same third person movie action games over and over again.
>>
>>420401817
you also earn levels and earn gear from boxes, you lose ALL progression and your username
>>
why would you want crossplay if you are on a console

sony wins this one baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF5hqdc510g
>>
While Fortnight is cancerous, I agree it's fucking stupid. Forcing other people to buy the same console to play with their friends is not exactly going to make people like the way it's working, when everyone else does it right. It doesn't matter which game it is, but the practice.
>>
>>420402152
fortnite shotgun doesnt require aiming
>>
>>420397221
It runs surprisingly well anon
>>
>>420402071
oh well, its a shit game anyway that feels like a ps2 game
>>
Sony dont need no xbots especially switchfags
>>
>>420395608
>and moving to Xbox
lmao
retards are so delusional
>>
who cares about fortnite except 7year olds
>>
It doesn’t make sense that they’re blocking out switch. Xbox and PC are their biggest rivals since most people use these systems for 3rd party games. Having a switch and ps4 compliment so why the fuck would they block it out?
>>
Sony should do the bare minimum and at least allow cross progression.
>>
>>420393079
I hope this blows up.
Sony is effectively harming fighting games with their retarded stance on crossplay.
>>
>Be the leading console in sales
>Supposed to throw your competitors a bone

It's shitty of them but it's honestly not surprising to see. It benefits their competitors more than it benefits them, so they naturally won't do it.
>>
>>420393079
>moving to xbox for fortnite.
Lol ok. Have fun with that. Buy your console with literally 0 exclusives. Spend $500 on it too. If you have that kind of expendable income, just go ahead and do it. Who fucking cares?

Sony has literally 0 reason to support crossplatform gaming - the same reason why Xbox didn't support it last gen. Crossplatform gaming doesn't increase the likelyhood of people buying your console, because it just creates the mindset that, 'oh I can buy whatever console I want'. Not that Sony couldn't take the hit now with how far ahead they are.

Although it is a little ridiculous you can't sign in with the same account elsewhere when the account isn't actually tied to Sony.
>>
>>420402734
Because switchfags decided to be buddy buddy with xbots.
>>
>all these faggots salty about fornite

I want nu-/v/ to die
>>
>>420403167
>Thinking a shit free to play game is anywhere above a 3/10

Even fucking zombie panic source is better.
>>
>buying a console to play an f2p game

is this the new
>build a 2000$ gaming computer
>use it to play f2p games
>
>>
>>420394805
Yes you do. I know because I had to renew my sub just to play it and find out it was shit. I want my money back sony
>>
>wanting to play on a much less powerful console

autism does what autism does I guess
>>
>>420393079
>makes me think of moving

You know if the fag just did it the statistics would talk more than them complaining on the internet.
>>
>>420403729
It's fortnite retard
>>
>>420393218
do you mean the devs?
>>
>>420395010
>It's an endless series of royale battles, fought by children and streamers.

when everyone makes his mmorpg, rpg, moba or hero shoter it's ok, when every makes br vydia is suddenly ruined

>it's a battle royale machine!

sure... and it was a [genre you like] machine once
>>
>>420403729
>buying another console to play 1 game
>can't even be bothered to make a new free account

lel
>>
>>420394158
flavor of the month for almost a year now
>>
>>420404086
but

>wanting to play fortnite
>>
>wanting to play with 10 year-olds
No thanks
>>
In the end, this is just going to hurt Sony since people will move their microtransactions to their platforms
>>
>>420404435
We’ll see
>>
>>420402908
The problem isn't this, it's that you're pissing off the playerbase of the biggest goddamn game in the world. Sony doesn't understand just how many Fortnite players are PS4 secondaries/PC primaries who also want to sometimes play on Switch, and if they lose that ability, that'll just be another reason to not touch their PS4.

Sony seems to be operating under the assumption that they hold the actual cards here; that nobody would dare give up Fortnite on PS4 when faced with that choice. That is a poor assumption.
>>
ITS 4 THE PLAYERS
>>
>>420402636
when it comes to picking between a ps5 and xbox2, crossplay will be on my mind
>>
>>420404648
Yeah I mean, why would you play on PS4 when you can play on Switch on the go? People are just going to remove it from their PS4 and play on Switch.
>>
>>420404648
>ps4 secondary/pc primary for fortnite
Show proof and dont say better controls n shit since ps4 support kb/mouse support for fortshit
>>
>>420393079
>Sony is shooting themselves in the foots over the f2p game
>>
>>420403626
You're a dumbass
>>
>>420393079
Then get an Xbox you fucking faggot.
Sony isn't about to give your information to another corporation.
>>
>>420405005
>People are just going to remove it from their PS4 and play on Switch.
this isn't actually possible, from what I've heard
once connected to the PS4, even unconnecting the account doesn't allow you to connect to other consoles
>>
Microsoft and Nintendo could really team up and fuck Sony over by combining their paid online into a single package for one year.
>>
>>420403626
Delusional xbot
>>
>>420405181
what the fuck
>>
>>420394490
>Epic Games fault
They're in a contract with Sony meaning it's Sony's fault. If they violate that contract, Sony will fine them out of existence.
>>
>>420405331
Good they should do this and just absorb nintendo completely to stand a chance competing against sony
>>
>>420393079
based sony btfoing gaymers

>>420405331
and what, combine Microsoft's no games with Nintendo's same mediocre games everyone's already been playing for a decade? lmao
>>
File: 1362588488856.jpg (20 KB, 215x216)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>420393079
>"It makes me think about moving to Xbox for Fortnite."
kek oh no
>>
File: 1498686185142.jpg (144 KB, 1317x764)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>420396393
But thats wrong nigger.
If anything the fault lies with Epic for not having seperate profiles per platform.
>>
File: 1344328102543.gif (1.92 MB, 220x190)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>420393079
>Fortnite

Only 15 year olds and normies care about this.
>>
File: 1494446077968.jpg (129 KB, 540x371)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>420405325
kek, the PS4 is literally a virus on your account stopping you from using other consoles forever
>>
>>420405057
What proof do you fucking need? The backlash over account locking alone proves how many people don't play Fortnite primarily on their PS4, if they did then nobody would be this upset. People are pissed because if you've ever linked Fortnite to a PS4 even one time, it's permanently flagged as PS4-only and can't go to the Switch. People are angry about that fact; why would they even realize that it was true if they were all PS4 primary players?
>>
>>420405325
It doesnt connect to other consoles but does on mobile and pc and thats all it needs to do.
>>
>>420405692
This is exactly true. Made worse because nobody knew this was coming; people associated accounts just for fun / to see how the game ran on PS4, never even realizing that it would have permanent consequences down the road. Sony's response, of course, has been "well go fuck yourself".
>>
>>420405705
Show numbers you faggot
>>
>its ok because i dont like the game
lol
>>
>>420405712
Are you being stupid on purpose? If you have ever used your Epic Games account on PS4, even once, you are permanently locked out of ever playing Fortnite on XB1 or Switch. You could have never so much as played a single match of Fortnite on PS4 ever, you could have linked it just for the heck of it, and you could have done it 6 months ago before anyone warned you that this lock-out would happen.

That's the reason people are mad. Not that Switch players and PS4 players can't be in the same match.
>>
File: 1515053682588.jpg (184 KB, 1474x1042)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>ughhhh I hate Sony
>sonybros are the worst fanbase!
>NOOOOOOO WHY WON'T YOU SHARE YOUR PLAYERBASE WITH US???!
>OUR COMMUNITY IS DEAD, HOW DARE YOU TO NOT HELP US SONY
>>
File: JescoWhite-GTAV-Portrait.png (1.63 MB, 1080x1080)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
Fartnite is literally for children and stupid adults who have no taste of their own, they just rely on what's popular, unironically.
inb4
>It's not bad cuz it's popular hurdurrr
No it's bad because it fucking sucks, it's nothing more than a meme game with soiboi dance moves. I hope you people get gassed for falling for this normalfag trash.
>>
>>420405846
Epic has never released numbers dipshit, those records don't exist to prove the point either way. All we have to go on is secondary observations, like the enormous goddamn shitstorm going on right now.
>>
>>420406081
im glad people are shrugging this off. If the PS5 doesnt have backwards compatibility and crossplay, Xbox and Nintendo will win the next gen
>>
>>420406239
spotted the boomer
>>
File: 1525384845001.png (240 KB, 915x1024)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>420406081
>>420406274
>>
>>420406274
Nintendo is a handheld company.
>>
>>420394415
Retard alert. In the 360 era online games were still relatively new for consoles, things were still being standardized and tested, not to mention that PSN was a joke. It was a different time. Your comparison doesn't make sense.
Today cross-platform is as simple as pushing a button. Even Epic has accidentally turned it on a few times. Sony has no excuse apart from being greedy assholes. If this was any other company you sonyfags would be up in arms, but you love being raped by your corporate overlords.
>>
>>420404320
Guitar Hero lasted for a few years too. Didn't stop the inevitable.
>>
>>420406078
I literally said it doesnt connect to other consoles and doesnt need to. Your progress transfer to mobile and pc and thats the only thing that matters
>>
>>420405674
>>420406239
Best posts in this thread.
>>
File: 1478456768021.jpg (65 KB, 707x488)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>420404435
They have crossplay with PC and mobile, the largest install bases already. I sincerely doubt they'll lose sleep over some butthurt Switch fags who will lose their progress either way if they move to Xbox. It's a few thousand fags whining about crossplay, we had the same shit happen with Rocket League and it turned into...wait for it.... Nothing.
>>
>>420393079
>No PCheaters
>No Switchlets on shitty Wifi connection
>implying xbone owners exist
Literally nothing of value was lost
>>
File: 1493820662434.jpg (39 KB, 383x383)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>420406541
You sound like a filthy third worlder whining about borders.
>>
>>420406548
What game has lasted literally forever? Like fuck. You call it flavor of the month. He says it’s been like this for over a year. You start talking about the music game trend that lasted a few years.

What the fuck
>>
>>420406254
Guess we’ll see if its really enough to make sony fold.
>>
>>420406815
PS4 has crossplay with PC and mobile, just not Xbone and Switch
>>
>>420406971
>What game has lasted literally forever?
World of Warcraft and Ragnarok Online.
>>
>>420395010
BR has changed the way we don't play games.

Instead of watching long drawn out cut-scenes between our button presses now our exposition is within the game itself and it's loading and lobby times.
>>
>>420406781
rocket league wasnt as popular, and this happened all at once with the switch port reveal and downloadable same day
>>
Wow, what suprises me more is how many people are jumping from the PS4 to the Switch.

Based Nintendo.
>>
File: 1478121182283.jpg (62 KB, 585x467)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>420406254
>Shitstorms on the internet are a true indicator of the amount of people who care about something
>>
>>420406935
>being able to play a game across consoles is the same as letting your country be invaded

Thank you for confirming once again that you are a retard.
>>
>>420393079
NOOOO IT WAS MICROSOFT WHO DIDNT WANT CROSS PLAY REEEEE ITS THEM AAAAAAAAAAA
SONY IS POUREEE
>>
>>420407178
Switch is a secondary product
>>
>>420407149
Sounds like a false flag operation then
>>
>>420407237
Keep whining, it's like music to my ears.
>>
File: 550.png (64 KB, 600x704)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>420407352
wow cool headphones, how do they fit on your head tho?
>>
>>420406971
The point is that Fornite is flavor of the month shit that will inevitably fall like all shit in its category does when the next big trend comes along.
>>
>>420407186
Enough of an indicator to cost XBone a generation over the used games debacle and the spycam. Enough to fuck up CoD's numbers permanently off Infinite. Enough to cause severe backpedaling on GTA modding. Enough to cause severe backpedaling on Battlefront lootboxes. Internet backlash indicates more than you seem willing to give it credit for.
>>
File: 1525916817615.jpg (111 KB, 598x448)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>420393079
>Playing Fortnite
>>
>>420407650
>Too retarded to realize that Nintendo stopped directly competing with Sony and MS years ago

Nintendo markets themselves as something completely different in comparison to their competitors. It's why their last three consoles have focused on gimmicks and party games.
>>
>>420402152
like shooting fish in a barrel
>>
>>420407849
Xbone sold like shit because it was more expensive and had no games. The shit behind no used games didn't help but there are other factors more important to its lower sales than that.
>>
>>420407875
There's no other battle royale that's even close to Fortnite atm. I know it's the norm to hate popular shit, but it's still true.
>>
>>420407875
>sweetie
this is the gayest meme
>>
Blame Epic. Destiny (1 and 2) and Overwatch players can have one account across all platforms (but nothing carries over between because fuck you).
>>
>>420407849
COD Infinite sold like shit because it was shit and BF1 had stole its thunder.
>>
Does this mean XBros and Nintenbros are forever allies from now on?
>>
>>420408413
No because sonys not going anywhere
>>
>>420407650
It levitates
>>
>>420408413
Yeah They are the Alliance of Good Games and will destroy Sonys Axis of Evil
>>
>>420393079
>"he-hey uh... Sony, c-can you guys please h-help enable us to t-transfer data to Switch custo-"
>"Fuck off."
>"r-right uh... ok then, um, Sony... thanks..."
>>
>>420393079
>most played game in the world
>still no hashtag trending

Onions doesn't make you strong guys.
Also, you can unlink your account but it does nothing, thus Epic fucking up here too.
>>
>>420409272
Based Sony
>>
>>420406971
>What game has lasted literally forever?
League of Legends
World of Warcraft
Minecraft
Gmod
Skyrim
Counter-Strike (if you count 1.6 and GO as one game)
Starcraft II
Team Fortress 2
>>
>>420408349
You can tell who the kids are here, the ones who do not understand this is a epic issue and not sony. They just want to blame sony because of the no crossplay decision. Friendly reminder that it works ps4-xbox1 just fine and sony doesn't crossplay with it.
>>
>>420406971
Doom
>>
>>420408369
Exactly. But that shitstorm of negative YouTube reviews predicted that fact. People dismissed it like "internet whining doesn't indicate anything", which obviously is not true. The whining predicted the results.
>>
>>420410041
how is it an epic issue when there are problems with switch and xbox cross everything
>>
>>420409889
u-uhm.....h-how about Dota? that's still good r-right?
>>
>>420410250
Epic is the developers of the game not sony. Sony has no control over this issue and you're a fucking idiot to think so. Sony only says no crossplay which is entirely different from your account progression.
>>
>>420409272
>"Hey Sony we're releasing this game Fortnite on Switch and Xbox I hope this doesn't cause any trouble, but I'm sure it won't it didn't with everyone else"
>"WHAT SWITCH GRRRR ME HATE NINTENDO ME NO WANT PEOPLE PLAYING ON PS4 TO PLAY ON NINTENDO"
>"What? So uh, you..."
>"ARGL BLBLBLBLBLBL NO NINTENDO ONLY SONY FOR THE PLAYERS"
>"Ok then..."
>>
>>420410290
Dota 2 is too different from WCIII DotA to be considered the same game imo.
>>
File: Never ever.jpg (1.76 MB, 5000x5000)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>420410476
based
>>
>>420402972
>exclusives
Name 2 good Playstation exclusives. Hard mode: don't name bloodborne
>>
>>420393218
the game is literally free
>>
>>420405656
This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard
>>
>>420410742
Ratchet and Clank
Jackie Chan
>>
>>420410742
God Of War
The Last of Us
Uncharted

Welp, that was easy
>>
I like how most arguments on 4chan are people acting sarcastic and trying to look cool for internet points
>>
>>420393218
>laughing all the way to the bank.

Boomer detected. My 58 year old mother oversays that.
>>
>>420410959
Movies
>>
>>420394024
Is he dead?
>>
File: m15615.jpg (29 KB, 300x240)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>420411004
>OTHER GAMES
>>
>>420410986
What phrase do younglings use then?
>>
>>420411004
>m..movies
>one of those ''movies'' gets a PC port
>at least 2 months of continuous ''SONYFAGS BTFO XDDD'' threads
nigger.
>>
>>420410742
Super Robot Wars V
Persona 5
>>
>>420403626
A lie
>>
File: 1446329569198.jpg (34 KB, 397x359)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>sonykeks are actually defending this
They really are a cult.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.