[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

He's right you know.
>>
>>420394106
Well, animations real, but gameplay, yes, total fake.
>>
>>420394106
Context would be nice.
>>
they did the exact same thing with the first game, why are people surprised?
>>
>>420394376
He said the gameplay was fake.
>>
They're all totally within the realm of possibility. If the end product ends up looking the same however, gameplay will probably feel like it takes control out of your hands very often in order to smoothly line up characters for specific animations. If not, it will be like the last game where actors snap into place super fast sometimes and it will look a lot worse.
>>
The gameplay is scripted to fuck. Just like they did with the first game.
>>
>>420394106
>animation was fake
so...they just filmed real people who look cgi? thats weird
>>
Fun Fact:

LITERALLY EVERY E3 VIDEO IS FAKE.

They always have been.
>>
>>420394376
it was all animation not gameplay, which i agree
>>
>>420395595
i don't know no man's sky was pretty spot on
>>
>>420394183
The gameplay looks exactly the same as the first game and that was real
>>
>>420394106
What is going on at Sony anyway? They have like 3 first party engines, Decima, whatever Santa Monica used for GoW and whatever Naughty Dog uses.

Other publishers seem to stick to one engine or Unreal.
>>
They definitely fudged a few things. The devs behind Tome Raider said it was fake as well.
>>
>>420394106
This is how you get sued by motherfuckers whose lawyers have lawyers to mow their lawns.
>>
>>420395831
Again with this shit? The e3 demo for the first game was riddled with shit that got removed from the final release.
>>
>>420395831
Not at all
>>
>>420395595
The new Ori seems to be real
>>
>>420394468
That's the exact nature of these shitty "cinematic" games.

They're just mo-cap pre-baked animations for everything with no blending at all (which I have never understood).

>>420396983
It's fake.
>>
The first game showed misleading gameplay just like this one did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4
>>
Even if they aren't faked, why do devs always make trailers and shit that are in no way a representation of the game?

Like why make a bullshot image/video? Why even bother? Just make it true to the game, show how the game actually is and sell it on its merits and not to trick people. Take TLoU2, if it was all fake, why bother making that? Why not just make a true gameplay trailer with it's true animations and all that? I thought TLoU's gameplay was pretty good. It wasn't amazing or anything, but TLoU2's gameplay looks a lot like 1's except upgraded (which is how a sequel should be). Why not just keep it true to the game? Because if 2 comes out, and it isn't like the video they displayed, it's going to be disappointing.

Makes no sense to me.
>>
>>420397141
What? No... the new Ori is real
>>
>>420395595
Call of Duty games tend to be pretty close to the final game each time
>>
>>420397281
>Like why make a bullshot image/video? Why even bother?
Because for 24 hours Aliens: Colonial Marines was one of the best selling games on steam.
>>
>>420395595
Unravel 2 is real, considering that it literally released moment after the reveal
>>
>>420396359
Tomb Raider dev said it was fake as well and ND just made him delete his tweets.
>>
>>420397281
>Like why make a bullshot image/video?
You need to build hype.

You build hype by showing something big, new, something that looks better than everything else out there.

But obviously their game DOESN'T look better than everything else. It looks the same. Because nothing about the hardware has changed.

So you make a fake trailer because you lose less sales by saying "Whoops, we lied, sorry." later than showing off less-than-amazing stuff early on.
>>
amazing how butthurt the tomb raider guys are, its a theatrical demo of course its fucking scripted.
>>
>>420397281
Were you confused by the trailer for Dead Island as well? Advertising exists to sell things.

>>420397778
Doesn't mean shit until a naughty dog dev says it or the game releases. If this guy is wrong then Eidos is not in a happy situation.
>>
>>420394106
>Obvious fake 'gameplay' is fake
Wow what a shocker.
>>
File: 1425929168869.png (123 KB, 500x283)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>420394106
>He's right you know.

Yeah no shit, it doesn't even matter. All this shit will be missing and the game will still get 10/10 from everywhere because of 'muh narrative'.
Just like the first game has a tonne of issues with Ellie being invisible to enemies and you're made to feel like a crazy person if you find it jarring that they put massive narrative focus on something they don't even have a properly working gameplay system for
>>
File: 1512748263475.jpg (31 KB, 433x433)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>420395831
6/10, won a (You)
>>
>>420397940
>of course its fucking scripted
the problem isn't the fact that it's scripted, it's how they're playing it off as REAL TIME CONSOLE GAMEPLAY
>>
Naughty Dog doesn't want to make a game. They want to make a statement.
>>
>>420397947
Nothing bad will happen to the dev. ND has already said it isn't fake.
>>
Remember when The Last of Us was announced and they said the game would have hyper-advanced learning SUPER-AI that would blow your FUCKING minds you ungrateful peasants? Then it came out and it was a bog-standard shooter with bog-standard shooting, bog-standard "AI" and bog-standard gameplay and a slightly interesting but ultimately generic story slapped on?

Me neither.
>>
>>420398065
is this your first e3? developers lie their teeth off every chance they get, at one point square had a cutscene with a menu overlayed so it looked like gameplay.
>>
>>420398191
I remember it being a ladder simulator.
and the girl being part ghost because no one reacted to the dumb shit she constantly did
>>
>>420394106
no fucking shit, what idiot thought those animations looked real lol obviously prerendered
>>
>>420394106
The different animations blend into each other far too smooth for realtime control. The whole thing was scripted as fuck. Anyone with half a brain knows that already.
>>
>>420395595
maybe the sony and microsoft ones
>>
Anyone who couldn't tell the trailer was scripted by the gas-station fight is stupid as fuck. Hell, even the stealth section was just too perfect
>>
>>420395595
Tales of Vesperia seemed real.
>>
It's hard to make truly good gameplay so western developers with no talent hide it behind scripted animations and political statements.
>>
>>420398423
>I remember it being a ladder simulator.

Yes, I saw that Dunkey review too.
>>
>>420395831
Not even close, the enemy AI they showed in the demos for the first TLoU was completely gone in the final game. I remember during the demos you could see things like enemies acknowledging that the player had run out of ammo or ambushing the player by hiding behind a wall, none of that happens at any point in the final game. I'm 99% certain that those facial animations and slick combat animations we just saw in the E3 demo for TLoU2 will not make the cut.
>>
>>420398139
If you're a company competing with another company in the same industry, going out in public and saying they're faking shit leaves you open for trouble if they aren't. ND may leave it at refuting this tweet but if fucking vidya journalists decide they can get click out of this eidos dude's statement and shit blows up we may get a different story.
>>
File: 1365648403154.gif (87 KB, 209x172)
87 KB
87 KB GIF
I knew it was scripted when Ellie ran into an enemy at the very start and they gasped and hesitated. Vidya AI wouldn't do that. It would yell and immediately open fire.
>>
>>420394106
The only fags who're complaining are fags who haven't played Tlou or Uncharted 4. Those games both used the same kind of QTE environment triggers in their combat but these look a bit more polished. Added to that, the devs said they had added a dodge function of some kind which will probably function in the same way.
>>
>>420399453
Pretty sure he knows bullshit when he sees it. You don't
>>
>>420399320
Vidya AI wouldn't do that only because nobody has bothered spending the money on it. There's no law that says game AI has to act a certain way, only the resources budgeted for AI. Voice acting going from the janitor and programmers wives to actual voice actors to Patrick Stewart in Oblivion wasn't a evolution of technology, just a breakthrough in budgeting.
>>
>>420399453
see>>420397260
>>
>>420395595
kh3 had pretty realistic frame drops

anyway, why are you guys still playing zombie games with mediocre gameplay?
>>
Did Naughty Dog forget this was a zombie game? Because I haven't seen or heard anything about the clickers ever since the game was first revealed. Instead pushing the lesbian agenda and Ellie's wrath towards other humans seem to be more important than the actual zombies that the whole series was based on in the first place. I don't even think Naughty Dog considers this a video game anymore.
>>
File: 4c8fea2.jpg (105 KB, 705x530)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>420395595
Most Japanese videogame trailers games have real gameplay, doing a trailer in any other way would be dishonorable.
>>
File: 1513250341014.jpg (21 KB, 538x424)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>420397470
IT'S A FAAAAAKE
>>
>>420395595
DOOM and God of War got a visual upgrade after their E3 debuts
>>
>>420395595
That's not fun at all
>>
based French-Canadians
>>
>>420394106
he is definitely right, its actually ridiculous that they tried to pretend that shit was real by adding HUD and other stuff

>>420395595
fanboy detected. most of the e3 videos this year were real gameplay when they actually claimed it was gameplay. it was actually a pretty good e3 in that sense. this abomination of a presentation by naughty dog was deliberately meant to fool people.
>>
>>420394106
No shit, the point of it is to sell you on the gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>420400023
No no anon, you see, it's about the nature of humanity with zombies as background noise, again.
>>
>>420399038
All of that happens in the final game lmao the problem is you NEVER run out of ammo in normal or hard.
>>
>>420394106
The trailer for the first game looked amazing but turned out to be fake as fuck
Now the trailer for the second game looks amazing (the gameplay portion)
And some retards still believe it's gonna be real
>>
>>420400023
>I don't even think Naughty Dog considers this a video game anymore.

They sure as fuck dont
>>
they have made a habit of bullshots with every single game. this is a known fact. it's not hard to believe they are doing it again.
>>
File: drink.jpg (34 KB, 590x550)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>420397281
you build hype, most people don't even remember the e3 trailers when playing the game anyway
>>
File: 1473395584442.png (436 KB, 600x728)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>>420400587
>the point of it is to sell you on the gameplay mechanics.
Bullshot trailers do the exact opposite though. If you want to sell me on your games mechanics, show me actual fucking gameplay.
When I see bullshot trailers it just tells me that the game is too boring to look fun in a trailer so they had to spice it up
>>
>>420399682
Not him but maybe you're right
Maybe this one game out of dozens with the same glaring red flags will finally be the one to break the shackles of its own history of fake, scripted trailers and finally master true-to-life procedural animation generation
But statistically it probably wont
>>
>>420397281
Because it objectively sells more games by an order of magnitude than does being honest.

Fucking children on my 4chan.
>>
>>420397281
What is marketing?
>>
>>420401095
Improvements in otherwise neglected areas of game development do happen from time to time. You can easily tell that Zenimax spent far more money on quest writing than any other MMO ever just by playing the quests but nobody noticed because they clicked through the quest dialog so that was actually pretty dumb. I'm not saying those animations are real, I'm just saying it's possible they are.
>>
>>420401398
Bullshots get you short term profits but hurts you in the longterm.
Just look at how well lying about games worked for EA and Ubisoft, everyone fucking hates them. They still get sales from some normies, but they are losing their core audience and won't get free normiebucks forever, meanwhile the honest devs still have a dedicated core fanbase that will follow them everywhere and always care about the new releases because they trust the devs to do a good job.
>>
>>420394106
He's right but the average joe doesn't care as long as the final product looks vaguely okay and that's the people buying it.
>>
>>420394106
Naughty Dog does this all the time, the only people who get fooled are morons and fanboys. It shows how much they care about the fans #4theplayers
>>
>>420395595
that RE2 remake demo looked pretty real
>>
>>420394106
>Some faggot with more credentials agrees with me
>H-he's totally r-right, gais
You're pathetic
>>
File: 1528823255247.png (201 KB, 322x395)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>420397281
It's how marketing works. You're trying your hardest to push a product, and you might not believe it but the largest portion of sales go to people who barely think critically of the product they purchase. Having it look cool on the screen with a lot of buzz surrounding it sells and the trick is to make it as believable as possible that you're in for the absolute toppest of quality visuals/audio/gameplay while still being able to sell a lesser quality product. Few people will look back to the trailer when playing the game and notice something is amiss, while they still remember the hype surrounding it. Mother works as global medical marketing manager for largest European pharmaceutical company and I am confronted with the most disgusting marketing strats you can imagine which will make you want to apologise to EA.
>>
>>420401541
kikes dont give a fuck about long term
>>
>>420401541
Well it's been working for the past 10 years for larger companies, and its netting small companies enormous profits they couldn't make any other way. No mans sky comes to mind.

Children and emotional retards who watch e3 are the targets
>>
>>420394106
it's literally tomb raider gameplay
>>
>>420401491
>possible
Mate this is the same shit excuse that everyone has given over the last 10+ years whenever people call bullshot and it's never once been right
>>
>the last of us 1 e3 and pax demos had super contextual animations that weren't present in the final game
>other games like watchdogs and the division e3 demos had super contextual animations that weren't present in the final game
>the last of us 2 has super contextual animations
pardon me for thinking that it was 100% scripted and not at all gameplay.
>>
>>420402076
That doesn't mean it's wrong. Time will tell. Like I said above, there's not rule that animations couldn't be better. Budget allocation holds it back more than technology. Someday, somebody is going make a point to set a new standard. It could be ND today, it could be someone else later.
>>
>>420402331
You're thinking way too level with regards to the unironic current state of this industry. It's almost unthinkable that anyone would try to set a new higher standard for anything and risk having to make more effort for their future products.
>>
>>420402331
Not before the next industry crash they arent. Youre sadly delusional
>>
>>420394376
Basically he responded to a tweet and because of his bad english seemed a little harsh.
Here is the next tweet where he apologize:
https://twitter.com/DavidAnfossi/status/1006588444850696192

Of course OP's pic is some clickbait article and no one here bothered to check.
>>
>>420394106
Does it even matter? Even if it did have all that visually impressive stuff, great, it's laced on yet another over the top third person shooter, aka the gameplay genre Hollywood rejects pickup when they have this amazing story idea in their mind but didn't even think about the gameplay yet.

Still, in case that's true, kudos to the animation studio, on a pure technical standapoint that's kinda neat.
>>
>>420402662
>>420402862
Game stills from today look better than bullshots from five years ago, anons. Things do improve. Forward is still the only way to go. I know this is /v/ and I know what the game industry has been like for the past decade but still you guys could try to be a little optimistic about things. Maybe you'll be happier.
>>
>>420394106
Based naughty dog making other studios literally seeth and lie with jealousy.
>>
I was thinking why they would come out and say that then i remembered eidos montreal is making the new tomb raider.

I guess they are really nervous about releasing another flop.
>>
>>420403064
Crysis came out in 2007 and still looks better and has better features than 90% of games made today, so no.

This industry is finished, the momentum has run out its just not in free fall yet
>>
>>420402879
>Answer my texts
Yeah he got his shit slapped and had to apologise or get fired.
>>
>>420395831
this
for the most part at least.
It looks the same as the first game but with the more dynamic animations of Uncharted 4.
The gameplay is 100% real. Naughty Dog doesn't fuck around. You have to use pre-release or multiplayer mode footage to misrepresent Naughty Dogs talents if you want any semblence of a gripe.
>>
>every gameplay have to read its scripted
>game releases and plays actually like shown
>i-its a movie
>>
File: 1528497563386.jpg (51 KB, 1056x696)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>/v/ shocked that a scripted game is full of scripted sequences in it
>>
>>420403758
Apart from the fact they used heavily scripted gameplay with the first TLoU gameplay reveal as well
>>
>>420403265
>>
>>420404098
I am not talking about the first last of us gameplay reveal. i am talking about the gameplay in the actual final game.
>>
>>420403805
Literally not possible for it to play like the demo and you know it, youre just desperate for replies and any scrap of attention you can get.
>>
>>420399038
That shit happens in the final game as well, but I'm pretty sure it only happens on the harder difficulties since everybody keeps repeating that it doesn't. The guy ambushing and then a cutscene occurring for the ambush doesn't, obviously, but enemies will acknowledge you have a gun if you shoot as well. Enemies will also beg for their lives if you push them to the floor, since that seems to be a thing people claim got taken out as well.

What did get taken out, or at least dumbed down was that AI system they talked about in which the enemies have morale and change their behaviors based on how you perform in battle.
>>
>>420404098
>>420404482
first was ps3 game. Uncharted 4 and legacy wasnt scripted starting e3 2015 showcase and this is built with Pro in mind. Reacting to enviroment when you bump in it ordodge is nothing unrealistic ,look at max payne 3 for example how max interacts with surroundings. AI they already said its new etc, characters will communicate with each other etc. Heck, the animatoion lead said gameplay wasnt scripted.
Cant waitforrelease and prolonged butthurt
>>
>>420402879
>sorry fans, I NO SPEAK ENGLISH GOOD I love naughty dog, really
>doesn't clarify what he meant at all
LMAO
what do eidos montreal even make anymore, they're not doing a deus ex right now and hitman has completely gone.
>>
>>420404698
If the gameplay is as quick and intense and the AI as good and realistic as it was in the E3 demo I'll have no problem with it, infact it would probably be one of the best games ever made but I guess time will tell
>>
>>420399038
>enemies acknowledging that the player had run out of ammo or ambushing the player by hiding behind a wall

except that happens though...
>>
>>420404698
Choose to believe what you want. Those of us that arent cocksucking drones knows it was a lie.
>>
File: pepe sunglasses.jpg (8 KB, 222x216)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>420394106
>mfw this game will be GOTY as well
>>
It look pre-rendered as fuck
>>
>>420401769
>Mother works as global medical marketing manager for largest European pharmaceutical company and I am confronted with the most disgusting marketing strats you can imagine which will make you want to apologise to EA.
Share them with us, friend.
>>
The gameplay was hardly any different from the first game. It looks too samey.
>>
>>420394106
>game looks so good people have resorted to this petty shit

Lmao, can't wait for it to be another GOTY.
>>
>>420395595
DMC 5 was real it even said so in the beginning
>>
>>420394106

People said the same thing about TLOU

TLOU 2 is optimised for small areas of gameplay and low numbers of AI characters.

Probably the trailer is real, but it took 50 takes to get the perfect times when Ellie dodges arrows etc
>>
>>420394106
>muh interactive movie
>video game
>>
If they want people to believe it's real they should have people playing it on real hardware at the stage.
>>
>>420407945
You have to actually be a game to win GOTY.
>>
>>420394106
No shit
>>
>>420395595

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnG8I_3XXI
>>
>>420394106
All animations are fake anon. Videogames aren't really happening. Its all a computer render.
>>
>>420394106
Didn't they fake the AI stuff for the first game? He's probably right desu.
>>
>>420408983
>You have to actually be a game to win GOTY.
which is exactly what the first game was lmao
cope
>>
>>420402879
>Bad English
Fucking bullshit, he's a queerbecker all queerbeckers can speak English they just pretend they don't
AND STOP FUCKING SAYING BONJOUR TO ME I LIVE IN ONTARIO YOU STUPID CUNTS SAY HELLO I DONT SPEAK FUCKING FRENCH
>>
>>420394106
He's not wrong.
>>
>>420405132
Womb raider
>>
>>420410163
that's mostly crystal dynamics
>>
They already faked gameplay in the first game, why wouldnt they do it again?
>>
>>420400160
Source?
>>
>>420397260
how is no one in this thread responding to this video? watch the first few minutes at least and you'll learn all you need to in order to temper your expectations for #2
>>
360 DEGREE SWIMMING
>>
>>420398048
When will the narrative meme stop

And this is from a man with a Literature degree
>>
>>420410385
Not the new one.
>>
>>420409617
Unironically looks worse than most ps3 games
>>
File: ned.png (17 KB, 167x167)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>420394106
Naughty Dog are notorious bullshotters. From scripted gameplay to incredible graphics completely missing from the actual release, it shouldn't be surprising and more people should come out and call Naughty Dog on their bullshit.
>>
>>420399320
They do that in The last of us 1.
>>
>>420395595
D-d-division 2 was real, r-r-right guys?
>>
>>420411675
How did we go from sexy big boobed elf girls in Jak to this lesbian sand nigger paki Muslim feminist homosexual atheist garbage?
>>
>>420395595
While they all have some polishing and are designed to show favorable footage (since after all, these are all promotional materials, they're not going to be honest assessments of the strengths and weaknesses of a game), there are some companies that bullshit the tech demos harder than others. Naughtydog is infamous for doing stuff like this.

TLOU2 was the most blatantly bullshitted E3 footage since, well, TLOU1.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (18 KB, 221x300)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>420401769
>>
>>420394106
It just looked fucking boring. It's just the same old shit, crouch walking behind low walls while the enemies leap about in the open going WE'RE GONNA GET YOU
>>
>>420395595
Smash ultimate proves you wrong... Don't say the opposite, we actually saw them playing it afterwards!
>>
>Game just a couple months from release
>Gameplay video shown
>Early pre-alpha gameplay

This shit makes me so angry. Not necessarily relevant to TLOU2 but every E3 this shit happens.
>>
>dodge in a certain direction
>there's a wall there
>character hits the wall and triggers an animation
yeah, this is totally out of the realm of possibility. no game could EVER have technology this crazy.
>>
>>420396252
>The devs behind Tome Raider
eidos is the one developing tomb raider
>>
>>420394106
Just like they said everying in God of War 4 was a cutscene and QTE.
>>
>>420396380

Lol like what?
>>
>>420409991
>AND STOP FUCKING SAYING BONJOUR TO ME I LIVE IN ONTARIO YOU STUPID CUNTS SAY HELLO I DONT SPEAK FUCKING FRENCH
Then just fucking greet them with "Désolé, je ne parle pas français"
>>
>>420416332
cant believe you fucking brainlets are this dedicated to defending liars. either that or youre genuinely that stupid
most of the AI reactions they promised (enemy morale, adapting to ranged or melee) were NOWHERE to be found in the final game
>>
>>420417183
>we've actually reached a point where people forget how much shit was promised to be in Last of Us and wasn't
I was actually hyped for that game too, but they lied about almost everything in regards to the AI, and that was the shit that sounded good pre-release.
They couldn't even do echolocation properly which is fucking retarded since it wouldn't be hard.
>>
>>420417363
They really are all worthless goyim animals. They deserve whatever is shit down their throats.
>>
>>420397281
initial sales.
When people see this, they are FIRST going to buy the game and only THEN be disspointed.

For the publishers, their job is done. The 60$ were paid, they dont care if the game doesnt live up to peoples expectations.
>>
>>420395831
What are you smoking? Not even Uncharted 4, which was heavily scripted, was that bad.
>>
>>420417181
No, I just say sorry and they tell me I should be bilingual because it's Canada, so I start speaking to them in Hungarian. They can fuck off, this is Canada speak fucking English
>>
>>420397260
>Bioshock infinite bad
>TLOU his worst gaming experience of the year
>This isn't an opinion! it's fact!

0/10, what a faggot
>>
File: BioWare downgrade.webm (2.63 MB, 1920x550)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
>>420395595
This is true with very little exception.
>>
>>420417745
>No, I just say sorry and they tell me I should be bilingual because it's Canada
I hate the frenchies too, but there is no reason to be a dick to them. Being a dick is for the french. Just apologize and if he doesn't speak english just shrug and walk off. Fuck their gay little french towns in northern Ontario for not having english on anything though, thats some real asshole shit considering everything english needs to have french on it.
>>
File: assburger ashamed.jpg (14 KB, 168x240)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
T A R G E T

R E N D E R
>>
>>420394106
It's obviously fake. Naughty dogs animations are never blended that well. Unless they've made absolutely MASSIVE leads in animation quality (that would require them deviating from their current style of almost completely canned animations) from their last game there is no way this was actually gameplay they recorded.
>>
>>420394106
What if hes wrong and every action sequence is completely in cutscenes. Like GoW.
>>
>>420417745
Bazdmeg
>>
>>420394106
>most E3 trailers are just cutscenes made to look like actual gameplay through the camera positioning and HUD
Why are people still surprised about this? They've been doing that for years now.
>>
File: De9hMa6WAAA-TOA.jpg (325 KB, 1200x1186)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>420395595
especially Sony games
>>
>>420412121
Jews come in and ruin things. They are incapable of making things beneficial for mankind. (((Neil Druckmann))) joins and the company’s another cog in the machine of bashing down the original healthy culture for some celebration of the least.
>>
>>420397260
Not saying it wasn't fake as shit, but when I played after the final patch the AI was never bugged like that.
>>
>>420418995
What compels them to do it? We're going on thousands of years of the same shit, different day.
>>
File: sqw6ye0.gif (806 KB, 2013x1235)
806 KB
806 KB GIF
>>420418402
Not all devs do this, but Sony always does and always has
>>
>>420394183
Naughty dog is a company that lies and lies and lies every single time, especially on reveals.

They lied with the first tlou, they lied with uncharted and they are going to keep lying because drones support their shit anyway.
>>
File: 1528990162245.jpg (76 KB, 680x645)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
The epitome of "they hate us cause they ain't us." Only brainlets give a shit about any of the new Tomb Raider games.
>>
File: 1455367948933.jpg (33 KB, 345x269)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>420419470
>PS3 to run at 120FPS??
They must have made a typo and meant 12
>>
>>420417960
>Right
PC without limitations
>Left
Downgrade due to console limitations
>>
>>420421786
The PC version didn't look like that and the game didn't look good for a console game.
>>
>>420422394
>The PC version didn't look like that
most games get universal downgrades for console parity.
Just look at what Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs.
They forgot to scrub the E3 files and people found them post launch, they intentionally disabled the E3 build so the PC version didn't completely destroy the console versions and make them look shitty.

A lot of devs have also been caught hiding complex geometry under levels in PC versions to make the performance worse, but I think that was more to do with scummy business shit between AMD and Nvidia since Nvidia cards were better at rendering that shit than AMD cards, so they could give the illusion that Nvidia cards were better for gaming.
>>
>>420397281
Anon it's not hard to figure out. It's called "first impressions and graffix sell", so they exploit what is basically false-advertisement to its fullest just because they can and it'll work better.
>>
>>420395595

IS this thread FAke?
>>
>>420422394
Console makers have been pushing for complete parity due to how fucking underwhelming the PS4 and Xboner have been.
There's a fuckton of games that came out early in the generation that look better than games released nowadays because even game developers assumed the consoles would be much more powerful.
>>
>>420422394
>Reading comprehension and understanding context
Are you dense? Every pre downgraded footage you see is on PC and later downgraded because of console limitations. There is no other explanation.
>>
>>420396063
Naughty Dog has never once shared its engine
>>
>>420394106
So stupid. They just come off looking jealous and salty, like Crystal Dynamics
>>
>>420427847
Theyre right though
>>
>>420394106
>person who isn't even involved in the development of another game
>insists the animation is fake
How does he even know that? Maybe he should work on that last deus ex game instead of shitty marvel tie ins before he has any kind of opinion on a game he's not even involved in
>>
If you can pick up something and throw it while running in one smooth motion like she did in the trailer I'll blow Cuckman.
>>
>>420428010
Until the game comes out and the anims / gameplay turn out to be real, like with every other demo ND has ever put out
>>
>>420427141
Andromeda wasn't anywhere near console limitations. They even removed the facial animation from that scene.
>>
>>420428731
You must be so desperate for attention, that or actually retarded.

ND is the worst bullshotters in the modern industry.
Theres youre precious (you), enjoy your scrap of attention for saying stupid, false shit
>>
>>420398118
>statement

That's a funny way to spell "movie"
>>
>>420398656
>she crouches under the table and goes towards the front door
>dude walks in and doesn't see her crouching towards him, turning around and crouching back to the table thingy
it was nice but damn
>>
>>420429315
Screencapped for my cringe compilation. I'll remind you how wrong you were when the game comes out and I'm right
>>
>>420394106
>Animation
They mean gameplay right, why are journalists so incompetent?
>>
>>420394106
They've gotta be fake, naughty dog is good at animations but it's pretty obvious tlous 2 is bullshot in parts.
>>
>>420428731
Except that doesn't happen. uncharted 4 had tons of bullshots.
>>
File: killzone2-2.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>420394106
I am sure it was "in engine" but the "gameplay" was as fake as the Killzone 2 reveal. You were essentially watching a cartoon with a HUD.
>>
>>420400023
>"Dude, people are the real monsters lmao"
>>
File: 1528977391875.png (738 KB, 1440x1557)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
>>420424137
>graffix
>>
>>420400023
clickers are literally in the second trailer, retard
>>
>>420429931
And I'll just call it a movie, fag. Face it, you can't win.
>>
>>420394106
These kind of games are not really be good videogames. They are made to: 1) Spread propaganda 2) Make money even if ut hurts damaging the industry.
That's it. The only people that buy this shit are people that don't know better.
>>
>/v/eddit called uncharted 4 animations as cutscenes and Sony would get BTFO when it releases
>ended up being real and game sold like hotcakes with fantastic multiplayer
>I-IT'S STILL A MOVIE GAME!!!!! WHY IS IT SELLING SO MUCH REEEEEEEEEE
Success breeds jelousy
>>
File: Good morning, Vegeta.png (13 KB, 333x333)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>420429153
>>420417960
The lack of facial animation is what confuses me the most, that wouldn't cause anywhere near enough frame loss to warrant being removed, and is certainly not worth removing anyway
>>
It looked fake. Anyone who has played more than a few video games would understand this. It was obviously just a concept trailer like that first last of us gameplay trailer.
>>
>>420431318
Even the retarded niggers claiming its real know its fake, they just really really want attention
>>
>>420417960
Why is the before on the right instead of the left? What kind of brainlet do you have to be to reverse before and after?
>>
>>420394106
Too smooth. Unless this is actually a mid life PS5 Pro game. There is no way that shit is going to fly on current hardware
>>
>>420431091
The original point was to be negative from the start so we got pleasant surprises, but we've been bitten by major releases so many times that it's hard to accept when something's alright.
Andromeda's a good example of an 'expected failure', it wouldn't have created anywhere near as much press had it been average, but because they managed to fuck it up even harder than 3 everyone has fun talking about it.
>>
>>420427141
>there is no other explanation
Optimization for one. WD had awful optimization at launch with various ecelebs shitting on it because of this. That "patch" for the E3 graphics couldn't even hold a steady 60. The console parity meme may have meant something during the PS3/early PS4 era, but it sure as hell doesn't hold up well anymore. PS4 games are getting more and more graphically impressive and reaching consistent 60 FPS range framerates, meanwhile AAA devs are 60/40 if they can be played on max settings on PC because of frame dipping (if you are saying you will play on lower settings, you contradict your entire point. Don't even (You) me if you are this retarded). At a certain point, you need to stop letting the console war blind you and start looking at the facts. The longer I played on PC, the more I realized money loving incompetent devs were the problem. Say what you will about Sony, but they sure as hell know how to make pretty and optimized games.
>>
File: CKoG_2.webm (631 KB, 320x180)
631 KB
631 KB WEBM
>>420397260
Amen bro. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>420405627
Oh where did you get your time machine from since you "know" its a lie.
There is only one way to know.
>>
>>420419470
funny because in the movie Memento is actually the protagonist whos wrong
>>
>>420395831
LOL
>>
>>420435194
He's not wrong, he just intentionally tricked himself
>>
>>420400741
>>420404573
>>420405437
I've played the second to highest difficulty and ran out of ammo a few times. never saw it happen.
AI almost always reacted the same no matter how I was fighting them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.