[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: följ.png (60 KB, 612x708)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Do you really think this warrants getting fired?
>>
Yes, very much so.
What the fuck happened to professionalism? Shut the fuck up and do the video game.
>>
File: 1519804257694.gif (1.93 MB, 400x225)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>making another thread on this
Please murder yourself OP.
>>
She probably already stepped on a few toes in the past, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back
>>
>>423944938
Being fired for that seems like an exaggeration, but she sounds like a bitch. Why can't someone who doesn't work with you criticize or even discuss your topic/design philosophy?

But yeah, Twitter fucking sucks, it's all about drama and people hating the shit out of each other for no reason.
>>
>>423944938
do you really think this warrants a 500th thread?
>>
>>423944938
she over reacted and got what she deserved
>>
>>423944938
Deroir? More like Derrière because his opinion was shit.

“Why don’t you make storylines that require months of extra work for little to zero positive experience for the player?”
>>
>vulgar insults and false accusations towards a costumer
in any other bussiness she would have been fired and also sued
>>
>>423944938
>complaints about toxicity
>spews toxicity
hmm
>>
>>423944938
Yeah, she went off on someone for no reason.
That being said I hate how /vpol/ and friends are latching onto this retarded thing
>>
File: DExxazUUMAA0110.jpg (83 KB, 1200x800)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>423944938
>Girl REEEEEEEEEs out on a fan who was just talking to her
>Girl catches shit and reverts to MUH SOGGY KNEES
>Suddenly a white knight appears and also REEEEES
>They get reprimanded for their actions

All is good with the world (sometimes)
>>
>>423944938
Yes, being a woman should automatically disqualify you from working or voting
>>
>>423944938
I can imagine they asked her to apologize first, but her reaction to that was probably more than fireworthy enough.
>>
File: 1520109328115.jpg (68 KB, 960x720)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>423944938

Yes. You are responsible for what you post online as you represent a company in your actions. This whole thing could have been avoided if retards learn to keep opinions to themselves and have a basic understanding of PR. Maybe they will learn once it has some actual repercussions.
>>
>>423944938
no. but her follow ups did
>>
File: 5e936c_6221401.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>423944938
yeah she sounds like a total stuck up bitch who can't take external opinions on her work put her in the fucking sea
>>
>>423944938
The twitter scandal was probably just an excuse to fire her because no one in the company tolerated her shitty attitude.
>>
>>423944938
No, but they probably reserved the right to fire her for that in her contract.

The smartest thing to if you have a gig like that (where you can get fired for voicing political opinions or other stuff online) is just give up social media entirely and stick to 4chan funposting.
>>
File: kek.png (230 KB, 1024x688)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
Do you really think this warrants another thread?
>>
This is why companies need to be able to fire anyone for any reason or no reason at all. If your value as an employee outweighs your detriment, you get to stay employed. This is how it should be.
>>
>>423944938
Honestly? I mean, HONESTLY? ... yes
>>
>>423945406
>Devs represent their company 24/7
So a fast food worker should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home? Okay
>>
>>423945625
>So a fast food worker should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home?
Yes. Even calling the police on black people is a fireable offense now.
>>
>>423945615
Most states have a "work at will" statue that basically is that.
>>
>>423945612
You're not getting my foreskin today, jewboy!
>>
>>423945406
Anything related to the gaming industry seemingly gets a free pass, most other industries are so reliant on customer service that complaints usually net you gift cards
>>
>>423945625
If their profile says they're employed at Hobo Burger, then yes
>>
>>423945625
Yes. The fastfood worker is the frontline of the company and if you fuck up you fuck up.
>>
>>423944938
literally who?
>>
>>423945625
If they made it known on their twitter they were working for them, ahd pictures in the uniform, etc then they'd be fired quick.
>>
>>423944938
yes and anyone defending it should be fired too
>>
>>423944938
No, but I'm not arguing against Areanet's right to fire her, because they had every right to. I would've just yelled at her in office, told her to set her twitter to private and that if she acted like that again then she'd get the boot. But word on the street is that she had been fired from other positions for disciplinary reasons so this might've just been the straw that fucked the camel's ass.
>>
>>423945909
Why?
>>
File: down with zionism.gif (201 KB, 900x1960)
201 KB
201 KB GIF
>>423945778
pottery
>>
>Goes to Antarctica for business
>Come back to this shit
What the fuck happened faggots?
>>
>>423944938
>Be game dev
>Openly represent the company you work for on social media
>A huge fan of the game suggests things from his point of view
>Call apparent "dissenter" and ass hat.
>Get fired
>Blame it on sexism/mansplaining/etc
>Not because you're a potential nightmare in the customer relations department

Whew.
>>
>>423944938
Honestly, no. It's dumb she played a gender card since it's a fairly benign comment, but maybe it was just a bad day. I think it's a very interesting discussion, though, the limits of what one can say on their private social media account.
>>
The tweet that she chose to blow up at looks like one of the most civil attempts of discussion ever. If anything, it looks like he’s absolutely tiptoeing around her to stop her from getting offended. It doesn’t mention anything about her gender either.

If she acts like this much of a cunt over such an innocent tweet, imagine how bad she must be to deal with on a daily basis. They were probably looking for any excuse to get rid of her. I’d fire her regardless though because it’s extremly bad for your company’s image to have employees badmouthing your customers on the internet. Honestly, if I ran a business I’d make sure none of my employees had personal twitter accounts that could be tied back to the company in any way.
>>
>>423944938
No, not that. But the tirade that followed that initial post, DEFINITELY. Maybe not the soul reason to fire her, but if you're an employer logic will tell you someone that goes on a tirade like that, especially when Deroir wasn't even attacking her, he was being nice, is just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. If she didn't freak out on Deroir she was bound to explode on someone else for no good reason and that is the kind of person no one wants to employ. She went out of her way to paint Deroir as a sexist/woman hater and he did NOTHING wrong. Why would you want someone like that around? A manipulator that will bulldoze innocent customers cause she felt like it?
>>
So what's the TL;DR here?
>>
>>423945909
Actually, the guy who defended her and claimed mansplaining was fired too.
>>
>>423945693
>>423945791
>>423945794
>>423945809
How quickly /v/ turns from
>“Banning players for verbal abuse is LITERAL CENSORSHIP”
to
>”Companies should be able to fire you for writing mean tweets”
When a woman is on the other end
>>
>>423946132
she's a bitch
>>
>>423945693
>Calling the cops for no reason besides they're black is the same as telling a dumbass he doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
Is that all about the fucking drama about this ArenaNet shit I didn't give a crap about before Twitter and some American (OF FUCKING COURSE) Internet forums started constantly talking about them?

It all sounds like a fucking mess. Twitter is the worst.
>>
>>423945625
This was in response to them posting their thoughts on storytelling in MMOs, she was a writer for a MMO, then blew up when she got ideas thrown at her. It's not your personal twitter when you post work-related things and have it written on your twitter profile that you work for X company.
>>
>>423946132
not video games
>>
>>423944938
Of course it doesn't. I'm pretty fucking sure she had ignorant punk asses like that youtuber telling her how to do her job every fucking day.

If this was a dude you wouldn't bat an eye.
>>
>>423944938
The pendulum is swinging back. You can only harass men and whites so far before people start to call you out for double standards. The pendulum is on its way back, and its going to hit hard. All this politically correct bullshit has gone WAY too far. This is only the tip of the iceberg and things are going to get a LOT worse for people abusing the system so they can preach on their soapbox.

I can't wait to soak up all the fucking tears so I have something to dip my bread in.
>>
Question. Is Tengu a playable race yet?
>>
>>423944938
That particular comment right there in the OP? No, that's not warranted to getting fired. The other comments she made after the fact? Yes. One of the biggest things you need to learn when becoming an adult is when to shut the fuck up about something.
>>
>>423946205
>thing you pay to do
>thing you get paid to do
rly makes me thunk
>>
>>423944938

If you work somewhere, you should present yourself as a respectable professional of that job.

Not get into childish flame dramas with random people on a public forum about your work.
>>
File: 1450255841801.jpg (26 KB, 300x300)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>423946205
>players = employees
>>
>>423944938
Objectively definitely not, and it's fantastic the Free Speech Advocates of 4chan and rightwing twitter have once again revealed themselves to be without principles and as thin-skinned as they claim the people they mock to be.
>>
>>423946132
A writer for Guild Wars two talked about her job. A youtuber for some reason thougth she didn't understand how branging dialouges worked for some reason and tried to explain them to her. She didn't like being treated like an idiot and told him off. Reddit and other turbo nerds went apeshit and pressured the company into getting her fired along with a male co-worker that defended her.
>>
>>423944938
Yes. I don't know why people in the gaming industry think they play by different rules to everyone else. If you sperg out at customers on social media you're getting fucked, regardless of what your job is.
>>
>>423945625
She used the place she worked and her position as developer to get followers, this was be no means a private account no matter how hard you try to spin it that way. She was representing a company, I assume this fast food worker in your example didn't use his position to get followers? Then again, who wants to follow a fast food worker because he is a fast food worker.
>>
>>423946132
>Crazy chick who has notions she a femnimist, but is actually detrimental to the movement has public Twitter account and is employed in making the new Guild Wars
>She posts about writing the story on her PUBLIC Twitter account
>Prominent community member and streamer Deroir gives feedback about story and disagrees with her post. He is extremely cordial in doing this, and in no way did he insult or bully her. He simply said he did not agree with what she was saying.
>She goes full on Anita Sarkeesian, begins ranting, saying men are telling her how to do her job, starts insulting the community as a whole, being anti feminist as shit spreading hatred and animosty
>She gets fired
>She's now trying to get people to join her side, claims she was victimized because she went on a tirade on her PUBLIC Twitter account and insulted community members and customers.
>>
>>423945625
I work at a warehouse.
There is literally an online policy detailing what I can and how I can say things about my workplace online. I'm not sure I can get fired over it. But for fucks sake, I work at a warehouse.
>>
File: 1433467382945.jpg (114 KB, 640x640)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>423946205
>“Banning players for verbal abuse is LITERAL CENSORSHIP”

Companies can do what they want to their servers. It's lame to treat the player base like a bunch of kids at pre-school, but w/e.

If you own a company and one of your employess openly represents it on social media and openly berates your customers, what would you do?

Also, employees =/= player base. But I guess you're all about muh perceived sexism. Fuck the patriarchy rite?
>>
>>423946028
Bitchy writer on some shit game got fired for the cunty OP tweet. That’s the whole story.
>>
>>423946132
>Female GW2 writer writes opinions on railroading players in MMOs on twitter
>Male ArenaNet partner and streamer responds poiltely in disagreement, preferring branching paths and choices
>Female writer throws shitfit
>Male apologizes and continues to be polite
>Other male writer at ANet chips in about how sexist male partner was for daring to disagree with the female
>Female continues throwing shitfest
>Both writers fired
>Journos berate anet for being sexist
>>
>>423944938
>bringing the company into disrepute
Yes it totally warranted it.
>>
File: pol reviews.jpg (35 KB, 600x481)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>423946205
It's called doublethink.
>>
>>423946593
*branching dialogues
>>
>>423946632
The discussion isn't really about whether the company had a right to do so. They clearly did, or they'd be sued already, but should they have?
>>
>Allow me—a person who does not work with you—
>directed at a business partner that technically does work with the company
pottery
>>
I really don't think so. The same happened to the Subnautica sound designer.

This >>423945126 anon is probably correct though.
>>
>>423946520
Free speech has never meant zero consequences.
>>
>>423946225
>Calling the cops for no reason besides they're black is the same as telling a dumbass he doesn't know what he's talking about
>mfw someone actually thinks this is the case
>mfw no face
>>
>>423946612
I got in a wee bit of trouble over something similar in my old warehouse gig, it's totally a fire-able offense depending on how bad it is, but what I said was fairly tame and they just asked me to take it down and not to do something like it again.
>>
Anybody who throws a public hissyfit after being fired deserved to be fired.
>>
even when I worked in a shitty call center with thousands of other no names I was told my actions online during personal time still represented the company so I should be careful with how I interact with others

her ass should learn some professionalism
>>
Yes, being a professional does not mean you can't be criticized. Whoever thinks this deserves to live under a bridge in a cardboard box
>>
>>423944938
I bet if she went into that meeting on July 5th and lsaid she was sorry for lashing out and agreed to apologize I bet she would still have her job.
>>
>>423946084
Don’t ever use your real name for your social media account. Companies are in the right to fire you if you’re tweeting nasty things at customers. Imagine if she was working in a store and went on some tirade like that to a customer - she’d be fired on the spot.
>>
>>423945625
Being a salaried employee isn't the same as being a hourly fry cook. When you are salary you are on the clock 24/7, and are a representative of your company, whether you like it or not. Especially when you are discussing company related stuff on your public twitter.
Your underage is showing.
>>
>>423945972
Berating customers for no reason in the public eye is bad for business.
>>
>>423945625
If I make any sort of negative public spectacle while also representing my company in any fashion, such as via uniform or by stating I work for them, I can and will be fired. This was straight up said in training.
>>
>>423946725
Sure, why not? If I had one my agents at my brokerage arguing with customers over mundane/pointless shit, and it could be a customer service nightmare; I would fire them asap.
>>
>>423946750
Yeah this too, don't forget Deroir is a prominent Guild Wars community member, streams all the time and has a goddamn NPC named after him. He's not just some nobody.
>>
>>423946205
No reasonable human being thinks that being banned from a videogame for saying nigger is censorship.
>>
Reminder that this controversy along with Star Wars is getting ready to start Gamergate 2.0
>>
>>423944938
For this alone? i don't think so, but >>423945126
is probably right, in any case it doesn't seem she received proper training in how to behave in social media when you're representing a company
>>
File: jg43d662g8811.png (313 KB, 1015x676)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>423944938
This isn't the first time she's got fired because of her attitude. Ask /tg/ about Paizo. She's a massive bitch.
>>
>>423947005
oh no not again
>>
>>423945625
If you are employed at any job and you lash out at a customer at any time yes you should get fired. You are to act like a human being and not flip out at the drop if a hat.
>>
>>423944938
Publicly berating your customers warrants getting fired, yes.
>>
>>423944938
No
>>
>>423944938
>Be a self-absorbed bitch
>probably just as self-absorbed when on the job too
>get fired for being an unprofessional cunt on a public forum without hiding your identity and therefore representing your company
>Act like you did absolutely nothing wrong because you're a self-absorbed cunt that thinks they can do no wrong
>A bunch of retarded yes men show up and simply say that you did absolutely nothing wrong, further reinforcing you being a self-absorbed cunt who thinks they can't do wrong
>>
>>423946028
Yo, hook me up with an interenship next summer.
>>
>>423946124
Yeah, she was obviously an HR nightmare waiting to happen. Just wait until she starts accusing people of sexually assaulting her because someone made a dirty joke in the office or something. This kind of person is an absolute liability to have in a team working environment.
>>
>>423944938
That tweet? No. The way she acted after that? Definitely
>>
>>423944938
The only one getting fired will be Devoir, from whatever job he's at because Jessica is female and White Knights will soon strike and defend her
>>
>>423945625
In high school we couldn't do shit while wearing the school's uniform because we were representing the school. This woman is also representing something.
>>
>>423944938
yes
>>
>>423947051
1st offense should result in docked pay, not actually getting fired. That being said though, Jessica is known to cause problems.
>>
>>423944938
yes, especially when the employee is unapologetic and threatens to pull in favors to make the employer look bad
>>
File: 1531130840725.jpg (12 KB, 320x180)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>423947005
INCELS GAYMERS RISE UP!
>>
so you telling me
hiring for diversity and not skill creates a bunch of self adsorbed talentless hacks
who would see that coming?
>>
>>423946057
Ah hahahahahahahauaha.
>>
>>423947110
You're never going to get to 南極, Shirase.
>>
>>423946520
Free speech is the right to speak out against tyranny and shit that what it's mainly for.

It's not, oh my God I can say what I want whenever I want.

Take.me for example I work at a car dealership, I deal with stupid people a lot , for example someone who comes in for just an oil change and then who returns later claiming the car is pulling to the left and it didn't do that before. (We changed your oil, no one touched the tires.)

Now if I went in my Public Facebook account and posted "Hey today (and tagged the guy the came in) came in and tried to tell me how to do my job. What a random asshat."

Well that is obviously fucking bad for the business and you shouldn't employ me.

That's not free speech, that's me venting my personal frustrations in a public space. And if that so happens to be bad for my employer, well then it's their right to terminate me.

Learn to think critically.
>>
>>423947045
>T*talB*scuit
What's with these people and putting asterisks on everything?
Is it to prevent it from showing up on search?
>>
>>423947324
Do you have any sources on arenanet hiring employees to meet a diversity quota?
>>
File: 1530157644443.png (469 KB, 800x903)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>423947005
>>
>>423944938
Yes, part of being a game developer is interacting with your community in a favorable light. If you can't interact with your community civilly you deserve termination. As a game dev you are in the service industry don't ever forget that. You provide a service to people which means those people need to enjoy both what you provide and your role in that.
>>
>>423947138
He's a Youtuber and content creator for ArenaNet so they already sided with him when they fired the mouthy cunt.
>>
>>423947324
>talentless hacks
She was clearly adequate at her job, she wasn't fired for that.
>>
>>423947453
>says the Wh*Te male
>>
>>423947045
>T*talB*scuit
Holy shit, not even a kindergartner would be this childish
>>
>>423945625
If they were representing the company then yes, that's exactly what happens. Lots of chains don't even allow employees to post pictures of themselves in uniform online unless it's part of a marketing thing.

This sort of thing is just basic professionalism.
>>
>>423947130
Yes exactly. I will be at the hiring stage soon at my job and I am terrified of hiring someone that would falsely accuse. I'm sure Jessica is kicking herself for not thinking to claim she was sexually assaulted before the big media debale started.
>>
>>423947453
I thought that was an /int/ meme desu
>>
What if I think she was in the right to lash out at the Youtuber guy but her comment about TB was completely disgusting?
>>
>women
>accountability for their actions
>>
>>423947005
Who's fucking their way into an executive office this time?
>>
>>423945070
>>423945294
it's a psyop
>>
>>423944938
>mistakenly believing women can take criticism
lol
>>
>>423944938
That one post? Not really, maybe a warning.
But she followed it up with increasingly rude attacks on pretty much everyone who commented and pretty much declared her hatred of all men in the playerbase. And with her history I doubt ArenaNet could have trusted her to apologize and quit this behavior. Even with the way the media's treating this, keeping her wouldn't have been worth the future bad publicity she would have caused with her next outburst.
>>
>>423945625
>So a fast food worker should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves
Yeah ?
>>
>>423947649
You'd still be an idiot. I mean if he attacked her first it'd be understandable, but she went straight into making it a gender issue.
>>
well modern media is rotten and this is a nice example of it. Peoples first mistake is to use twitter and social networks to promote their game.

If this was something special and rare that happens in modern media, that would be easy to forget and forgive... but since this absolutely stupid shit happens pretty often, I think this is deserved... I wish I had a job like that.
>>
File: jdn.jpg (134 KB, 1024x576)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>New drama starts because of Twitter posts and people being shitty to each other

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
>>
>>423947516
Complaining about how hard is is to write a character on Twitter and then sperging out like a lunatic at the first person to ask "well why don't you do it this way" is not at all adequate at her job. Also reminder this bitch worked on fucking KINECTIMALS and acts like she's such a pro writer.
>>
>>423944938
Fuck yeah, guy was just offering constructive criticism and got shit on. Look at the most recent hypocrisy with John Stamos getting shit on in the news and all the momsplaining about him taking care of his kid.
>>
>>423944938
That's not her only shitty tweet. Plus she was probably a massive cunt to work with so this was just their excuse to let her go.
>>
She had probably done many other things before this, but by itself i should not be enough to get fired, she should only get told how to act by the boss and the company and maybe she should apologize to the person she attacked. But if she's constantly an asshole, firing her may be something they should do.
>>
>>423946520
>you objectively shouldn’t be able to be fired if you absolutely blow up and insult a customer when discussing work
You’re retarded. Free speech has nothing to do with getting fired from work. I fully support companies’ right to hire or fire anyone they want whenever they want, especially if they violate their contract.
>>
>>423944938
Yes, that's the kind of behavior that would've gotten you blacklisted 20 years ago.
>>
>>423947818
>Complaining about your actual job experience and having some outsider nobody tell you you're doing it wrong
Yeah I wonder what happened.
>>
File: FREEDOM.jpg (223 KB, 982x541)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>423946520

Says who?
>>
>>423945553
But your opinion as a loser on the internet is worth more because you nothing to lose and they do. So they should bow down to you and never hurt your feelings.
>>
For Jessica who seemed to be a more recent hire, it would definitely be reasonable to consider it, and after seeing that she celebrated TB's death, well, I'd pretty much consider her a lost cause and let her go.

If it's just a one-off fuckup and it's a valuable employee you don't just fire them on the spot though, that's bad management and I am surprised they fired both of the devs. The long timer should have been reprimanded, forced to take PR training, and probably told to stay off social media for awhile besides making a public apology, but not fired. 12 years of experience at a company is worth a lot. I guess we don't know the full situation inside ArenaNet and maybe that guy was already on HR's shitlist but it seems extreme to fire somebody who had been at the company for so long that suddenly.
>>
>>423944938
>being a female X
Why does no one bitches about having another day being a male X?
It's not like there are to male bitches on twitter.
>>
>>423947990
Except he wasn't an outsider nobody, he was an ArenaNet partner but she was too fucking dumb to realise or care who she was mouthing off to.
>>
>>423947698
Some bitch named Deltrese
>>
>>423948006
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>423946028
I know what you mean
>be doing construction and mining in Nunavut
>get off early one day due to dangerous winds/low temperature
>go on 4chan
>see this shit
>>
Also, she's an artist. It's perfectly valid to criticize her work. It's not like criticizing a car mechanic for how he does his job, artists produce art, and art can be criticized even by people who aren't artists. It's not comparable.
>>
>>423948115
If he's not an RPG writer, he's still the outsider to the job being discussed.
>>
Yes, by their (I feel safe to assume this person is a left leaning/liberal person) standards, that was a situation that required termination: A person in a position of power, who puts in their Twitter profile that they are an employee of a company punched down on a person who, no one can argue was not being courteous.

She is in a position of power or authority, no matter how hard she tries to argue some bullshit about "the patriarchy" or whatever. Anybody else's argument saying she shouldn't of been fired or held accountable only adds up to "do not speak to your superiors", as the media defending her has made it to be.
>>
>>423948006
I would pay money to see the post-firing, stuttering, backpedaling response to this.
>>
>>423946725
Hell yes. Why wouldn’t they? This woman is clearly extremely hostile towards customers. The guy she tweeted at never said anything even vaguely insulting to her. She proceeded to go on a very offensive tirade for no reason. She also proved that she’s the type of person who will cry sexism at any given opportunity which is an absolute nightmare for office politics.
>>
>>423946132
Good luck getting anything from /v/ that’s less biased than
>>423946608

The REAL story here, without sexism, is that a “Content Creator” ™ tried to explain to a Developer that her entire process of writing storylines was flawed from the beginning, then suggested something that was both infeasible and also largely unnoticeable for the player.

Basically the Developer stated that they write no-name Protagonists as somewhat shallow because their identity is based on what you want your character to be, not based on some predefined personality, so they can’t skew too far into one personality. Likewise, NPC’s treat you relatively the same.

The “Content Creator”™ tried to argue that branching dialogue options would be a good idea, without even considering the scale of what he’s suggesting (Hundreds of hours of optional content depending on your dialogue choices. Wanting to pick the “fuck you” dialogue options would require programming every NPC to treat you like a prick from now on, otherwise your choices would feel meaningless).

Basically the same thing any MMORPG writer hears on a daily basis. Then he took it personally when he was told how unhelpful his advice was. She took the bait, and he pulls the classic “Why are you being a bitch?!?” card on her. Downward spiral from there.
>>
There you go, Gamergate 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
>>423948203
She's not even a fucking RPG writer, if she were GW2's questlines wouldn't be complete ass.
>>
>>423945625
You must be the kind of person who is confused about getting banned after shouting racist shit in games.
>>
Literally nowhere did anyone bring gender into the discussion until she did.
>Hey I think x about your game
>YOU'RE DOING THIS BECAUSE IM A WOMYN ARENT YOU
Fuck that vapid cunt
>>
>>423948203
That doesn't give you free reign to actively insult what amounts to a co-worker, you absolute brainlet.

>Hi I'm the rep from X business affiliated with you, do you mind if I give some feedback?
>HOW DARE YOU INSINUATE MOI NEEDS YOUR FEEDBACK, YOU FUCKING CUNT
>>
>>423944938
I think being any part of Guild Wars 2's development warrants getting fired.
>>
>>423948371
Hahaha, a promo youtuber is a co-worker now.
>>
>>423948203
she's not an RPG writer either, unless you consider kinectimals an RPG
>>
>>423947408
Reddit spacing
gas yourself
>>
>>423945625
>be manager at burger king
>mention this on your twitter profile
>tweet about burger king a lot
>someone politely gives you some burger king related feedback
>tell them to go fuck themselves because you're an expert on burger king and they don't know a god damn fucking thing about burgers. you never asked for their feedback
>WOOOW THEY FIRED ME
>>
>>423945625
If they started it with,
>Today in being a worthless fast food worker,
Then yeah, sure, they're the dumb cunt who brought their job into it.
>>
>>423948313
>Then he took it personally when he was told how unhelpful his advice was.
The REAL biased cunt here is you
>>
>>423948313
>Basically the same thing any MMORPG writer hears on a daily basis. Then he took it personally when he was told how unhelpful his advice was. She took the bait, and he pulls the classic “Why are you being a bitch?!?” card on her. Downward spiral from there.
Care to provide some receipts for that claim? Every tweet I've seen was him just being polite, even when she gave him the ole fuck you he responded with "I meant no offense, I'm sorry" and backed out.
>>
>>423948313
He probably was wrong in his suggestion, but gamers are wrong and have stupid ideas and expectations all the time. She should have told him that it was not possible to do, not call him a scumbag misogynist piece of trash, like she did.
>>
>>423946084
When you put into your Twitter bio who you work for, and are currently talking about your job it no longer is just your private account.
>>
Do you really think they haven't been trying to get rid of this cunt for a long time and this was the first excuse they got?
>>
>>423945126
She was literally fired from her last job for similar reasons, so you're correct
>>
>>423948432
>Is pretty much the face of Guild Wars 2 on Twitch
>Sees official sponsorship from ArenaNet
>Has an NPC named after him
>Not essentially an off-hand employee

Whatever you want to call it, he's an important part of GW2 and you defending an employee lashing out publicly against another makes you retarded.
>>
>>423948085

Willing to bet he was an unintended casualty, the sexism backlash they would have gotten would have been 100 times worse if they only fired the woman. Ironically he is a victim of the politically correct enviroment they created themsleves .
>>
>>423946593
>The revisionist already at work
>>
>>423944938

She dragged TB after his death on a public account, she deserves it.
>>
File: Zizek Bart.jpg (47 KB, 600x600)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>423948314
Only this time the people involved got fired immediately so it questions the motive of /pol/tards are still trying to make this controversial.
>>
>>423948470
GW is a MMRPG.
>>
>>423946593
I've never met a kotaku writer before! Can I get your autograph?
>>
File: 1340976173.png (313 KB, 520x588)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>423945625
>Food analogy
>>
>>423946612
I was subject to the same policy when I worked in a warehouse for Boots (the UK cosmetics brand)
>>
>>423948634
No they had earlier examples of her being insane, hell she left her last job under almost identical circumstances down to shittalking them after she was let go.
>>
Nah but she was being a bit of a cunt
>>
>>423947362
I misread, I thought the internship would be in Antarctica.
>>
>>423944938
Deffinitely yes, you should treat costumers with respect, THEY are your real bosses, people who has no respect for them shouldn't belong in the industry.
>>
>>423944938
ArenaNet has over 300 employees. It's not huge, but big enough that a "first time" offense like this rarely warrants a talking-to from the CEO. The fact that she and the CEO had a meeting over the incident says to me that she probably has a history of abusive behavior in the workplace, and this was her last chance.
>>
>>423948313
>>423948606
And this time the fan was probably wrong, but like I said, artists make art, not something that's supposed to work, so you don't need to know the profession to offer criticism.
>>
>>423947045
>tweeting that she’s glad that a popular eceleb died of cancer
Yeah gee guys. They sure shouldn’t have fired her. She’s clearly not a PR nightmare at all.

You can get away with saying edgy shit like that here, but not on your twitter account with your real name linked to it. Hell, if twitter existed back when I was in high school kids probably would have gotten suspended over shit like this. We used to get in trouble if we were caught smoking in public, even if we weren’t wearing school uniforms. Old ladies would often report students to the school if they saw them smoking in uniform around town. God knows why.
>>
File: funny cat video.webm (2.75 MB, 854x480)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB WEBM
>>423945070
Here's a higher quality version for you.
>>
>>423947005
I will personally devote 72 hours every week to the cause if it results in another SVU episode.
>>
>>423948063
Said losers on the Internet are the ones buying the game. If keeping them happy is so unimportant, ArenaNet might as well stop creating new content for the game.
>>
>>423948313
And you think this allows you to act like a retarded banshee on social media while representing the company?
>>
>>423946612
Both of my most recent jobs have been like this, it makes sense. You shouldn't act like a fucking idiot online while you're representing your workplace. This is why I anon.
>>
>>423944938

Yes, she tried to have a fan #MeTooed for disagreeing with her. Saying there should be branching storylines in a video game should not result in a witch hunt.
>>
>>423948519
Kill yourself worthless shitposter.
>>
>>423948837
Your assessment of the situation rings true, as some of her tweets seem to indicate that she previously parted ways with Paizo over similar issues.
>>
>>423944938
Employers can fire anyone they want, even if they don't like the fact they're a minority/gay/woman, regardless of what certain "laws" tell you.
>>
>>423947818
You take that back, Kinectimals was god damn Shakespearean.
>>
Surely ArenaNet is going to fucking sue this bitch, right?
>>
>>423949101
Make me, triggered tourist-chan
>>
>>423944938
It should warrant getting killed. Western idiot allowing this to happen, you belong suffering.
>>
>>423948313
>complains about bias
>literally typed out “Content Creator” ™
We truly live in a society
>>
File: 1507779632879.jpg (71 KB, 731x620)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>423945625
If you're a known employee and make it apparent who exactly you are, and you start harassing customers whether online or offline, or just generally saying stupid or offensive shit, of course you're going to get your sorry ass reported. There's no separation between your private life and your work life, even though people try and disagree. The stupid shit you say is going to get quoted either way, which is the exact same shit that happened to JonTron.
>>
>>423949145
False
>>
>>423947045
Given all the shit that Genna has to go through from people like her I no longer feel bad
>>
>>423945036
>What the fuck happened to professionalism?
Went out the door along with everything else when the internet was put in the hands of the masses 24/7
>>
>>423944938
do you think this warrants a thread on /.v/?
do we really need more twitter drama here? Really?

fucking sage'd
>>
Shit like this unironically makes me wish Islam takes over the Western world.
>>
File: 1527469276833-v.jpg (36 KB, 500x465)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>423949456
Delete this.
>>
>>423944938

Now post the other 24 tweets she made insulting him for being a man.
>>
>>423946205
Of course they should be. The only way they wouldn't be able to is if a law was passed that forbids companies from keeping employees accountable for their conduct concerning the company outside of business hours, and that's patently ridiculous.
>>
File: Go home gamer girls.png (1.27 MB, 1241x692)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
It warrants a lot worse than getting fired.
>>
>>423949556
>and that's patently ridiculous
Given how fucking insane the world has turned in the last few years I expect a bill to be pushed within a few months.
>>
File: 1530455985405.png (7 KB, 225x224)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>423944938
I don't understand. What happened?
>>
File: 1510265716668.png (355 KB, 700x600)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>423944938
Post yfw you don't know about this eceleb drama and don't care
>>
>>423949145
Literally false, its just you have to catch them breaking other rules to do so and ensure you aren't arbitrarily enforcing them in this case only. On the other hand if you're operating in an at will employment state you have far more leeway but it's standard practice to find something so if they try to sue they get somewhere between Jack and shit.
>>
>>423949515
No seriously, how is Islam worse than this? Once again a woman is acting like a complete cunt and saw repercussions for her actions, and yet we have a bunch of websites defending her reprehensible actions, and they're going to get away with it because these websites all collude with one another.
>>
>>423949456
Youre a fucking retard. She got fired and everything turned great. Butthurt polosers like you just cant find joy on anything anymore, not even with your lordcheeto at the office.
>>
>>423947056
this
if you dont agree then you dont actually work at a respected business
>>
>>423949762
>She got fired and everything turned great.
We have several websites spinning the story so ArenaNet are now sexist pigs attacking a poor belittled employee and there was no justification for her being fired. How is that good?
>>
>>423949741
>A bunch of faggots on the internet are not going to face repercussions for what they say
Sound familiar? Islam means no 4chan, you double nigger.
>>
>>423949741
Because this is the land of free and even if you don't like what someone else says or their opinion that doesn't mean they are literally Hitler or a Femnazi. Simply because a bunch of asshats and mouth breathers have forgotten the principals this nation was founded on does not mean it should be washed away entirely.
>>
>>423949994
>Islam means no 4chan,
Hardly.
>>
>>423949874

Because everyone knows it's fake news and most people just don't give a fuck.
Bunch of professional victims trying to turn this into something huge so they can profit off of it, but people are sick of their shit and it's not working this time.
>>
>>423948006
She's right tho
>>
>>423949874
>cry babies and hack journalist are crying!
Well no shit, and how is that a bad thing? Just enjoy the fucking tears.
>>
>>423950068
Okay Islam means a more heavily restricted 4chan, and more importantly no anime tiddies that's haram.
>>
File: zy12c3hq06sy.jpg (47 KB, 640x558)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>423949741
>how is Islam worse than this
It is far worse. You need to see that you're on the other side of the horseshoe of those blithering retards who call Trump voters Nazis.
>>
>>423950086
She is, the point is Benny boy is a tard for thinking free speech applies.
>>
Lol good I’m glad she got fired, don’t even know what this is about but I’m glad some stupid roastie bitch got blown the fuck out for being a cunt.
>>
>>423945625

Yeah, if a customer is rude to me at work and I clock out and go shit on their porch in revenge, I'd probably be fired.
>>
File: forgothgf.jpg (461 KB, 2000x1285)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>423950182
>no anime tiddies
>>
>>423950086
She literally isn't, and if you think she is, you have brain damage. If you advertise yourself as an employee of a company in any way, shape, or form, and you start saying a bunch of stupid shit or start insulting customers, they have the right to fire your stupid ass. At the end of the day, you are a representative of their company, even if you're something like a stockroom worker at a grocery store chain.
>>
>>423949456
Why not kill both?
>>
>>423948432
>"Here is one of our top clients. He helps to raise awareness of our product, and has been loyal to our brand for many years."
>"Fuck off rando asshat"
>>
>>423949695
>woman on GW2's "narrative team" does AMA
>partnered streamer of the game makes a suggestion in the most polite way you could imagine
>woman responds with basically "WHAT THE FUCK YOU ENTITLED GAMER YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB"
>holes get dug, deeper and with great gusto
>ANet says "Ok what the fuck is this shitshow?", goes over posts
>fires woman for going apeshit for no good reason
>a bit more examination reveals she was fired from a previous job for something similar
>"Muh soggy knees, MUH SOGGY KNEES, won't someone pls dry muh soggy knees!" cry the usual suspects
>>
>>423944938
No, I believe you should not be a representative of your company 24/7. It gives you no freedom as a person. That said she is a fucking cunt.
>>
>>423950731
Price made it that way when she put her employer's companies name in her bio.
>>
>>423950731
You are always a representative of your company if you make it known. I know this may be hard to understand to NEET faggots that have never worked a day in their lives.
>>
Yes, absolutely. Social media is a godsend because it helps stupid people mouth off where their bosses can see it. That's why I don't, so people will have to work hard to realize I'm dumber than a bag of bricks.
>>
>>423951019
That's licentious and you know it. Channel 7 newscasters are representatives of their company but they're entitled to their lives.
>>
>>423944938
>Do something stupid while representing your employer
>not expecting repercussions
>>
>>423950731
She was talking about her job in a public forum where her profile makes direct reference to her position and company.
>>
>>423951095
>Channel 7 newscasters are representatives of their company but they're entitled to their lives.
And they can and will be fired for acting like retards on social media while also making it apparent they work for Channel 7.
>>
>>423951019
I've worked my job for 13 years now. I have never once made a facebook or a twitter because of shit like this where if you say something wrong once your entire life is ruined.
>>
>>423947408
Shut the fuck up limp dick little newfag. Ive been here since 2005, and I spaced paragraphs like that before Reddit fucking existed. You cant even find the meme Rei Dick with google cause its so old. It was 2005ish but it was this guy who drew blue hair on his dick and called it Rei from Evangelion. I am a much older fag than you will ever be.
>>
>>423950559

You're misunderstanding.

She is saying exactly what you just said. A year before this happened.

The irony is Ben Cuckera is saying she has freedom of speech and shouldn't be fired and he's asking where all these free speech people are. But she's already said free speech doesn't apply in a situation like this and boxed herself in before this even happened.
>>
>>423951095

Cops, judges, politicians, etc are all held to this same standard. If you're a decent position you represent the company. Look at the shit storm google went through with white people.
>>
she looks like a toxic women, she probably did cause problems before hand.
that was the convenient excuse to get rid of her.
and rightfully so.
>>
>>423948513
>gets stupid argument totally destroyed
>better change the subject to Reddit spacing cause my ass got REKT
>>
>>423951181
I like how she keeps claiming her page was PERSONAL and PRIVATE when it was locked down at no point and still made those professional references.
>>
>>423944938
is all of /v/ unemployed or do they work at mcds so they can't get fired?
publicly embarrassing your management is more than enough reason to be fired.
if you're hurting the company and you can be easily replaced then bye.
>>
>>423951203
Her life isn't ruined though. She has job offers and will probably get to work some sedentary nonsense position the rest of her life because the leftshits all have a big support system for just this kind of thing.

The white knight though, he's fucked forever.
>>
>>423951019

Pretty much this. She is trying to claim it's a private twitter, but plastered the fact she worked at ArenaNet all over it and frequently spoke about her job on it too.
If it was truly a private twitter account, she wouldn't have advertised so openly that she worked at ArenaNet. She'd have kept quiet about it.

She was probably chasing after that blue checkmark twitter gives out but she can't even get that anymore.
>>
>>423951575
>She was probably chasing after that blue checkmark twitter gives out but she can't even get that anymore
The fuck does that mean?
>>
>>423951438
This anon seems to think so
>>423945625
>>
>>423949874
Dont give up man. Because we are the voice. These websites are telling us, plain as day "Hey, Im not a real gaming journalism website, Im a toxic bullshit website that is willing to spin fabricated stories and flase truths to make money." And they are revealing themselves to us WILLINGLY. We KNOW who to boycott, go on the forums and rip them a new one. let them know they sided wrong. This is a turning point man, trust me its good. Dont lose hope. We must unite bros. and now more than ever we need to NOT fight each other...No stupid bickering. We are all on the same side. Fakefeminazis need to be taken down a peg.
>>
>>423951575
Except nothing about that account was private, it was set to PUBLIC. Meaning I dont even have to make a Twitter account to see her stuff. That is a 100% public space.
>>
>>423951224
Did anybody try competing with n Asukadick, or are Asukafags too gay to show pictures of their dick to a group of other men?

>>423951309
Don't forget that time Ben Kuchera spent his new year's evening trying to get somebody fired
http://archive.fo/TRe1C
>>
>>423950731
If you don't want to be representative of your company, don't make social media accounts where your position at a company is for some reason an important part to show off. Social media isn't your CV or LinkedIn profile so stop treating it as such and people wont assume you speak for the company you work at.

The issue is that most of these fucknuts are so thirsty for that twitter checkmark they feel like they HAVE to put the info there so they can apply for it without realizing that means they are dragging their company into whatever they say even if they don't mean to.

>>423951659
Blue checkmarks on twitter accounts means "verified", usually for accounts to show they are employed at wherever they claim to work or be who they claim to be if they are an official figure known in something.
>>
>>423951095
What can I say, I'm a pretty licentious guy.
Anyway, you're exaggerating. The extent to which you're a representative of your company is usually described in your contract. Normally it entails things like not discussing certain specifics of your job with outside people and not doing anything to openly disparage the company. Pretty sure the extent to what they can ask of you is limited by the law, but things like this are normal.
Price publicly attacked a customer. ArenaNet are within their rights to fire her. Whether they choose to do that, is up to them.
Dunno what Channel 7 is, but I'm pretty sure news anchors can be fired in the event that they rant on about how their boss is an asshole on Twitter, and such events are foreseen and covered in their employment contracts.
>>
>>423945126
this, even admitted from her last job she was fired after receiving several warnings but despite being self-aware of the problem she won't learn at all from it.
>>
File: Twitter-Bluetick.jpg (15 KB, 939x531)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>423951659

She wanted one of these because somehow they give some kind of legitimacy to anything you say on Twitter or something.
But you've got to prove you're someone notable to get one of these marks. Which is why her account was plastered with the fact that she worked at ArenaNet and on Guild Wars 2.
>>
>>423951829
No it was just the Rei guy, and he was strangely the most dedicated poster you ever met...I mean, it was a forced meme but you had to give it to the guy. He was ALWAYS on...Even when there was only a thousand or so users, he constantly posted the pic. Creepiest part was it wasnt the same pic, he would literally take a picture of his penis, open it in MSPAINT, and draw new hair and everything on it each time. There was also tons of CP in between those posts.
>>
>>423951309
Freedom of speech absolutely applies in this case. She's not being prosecuted.
>>
>>423951659
"Verified" user status is a stupid badge twitter originally gave out to public figures like celebrities and notable companies who'd get impersonated without something like that.
Then twitter started giving it out to literally-who journalists who are in no way notable and whose opinions mean nothing, so it became a status symbol. There's also automated systems that lock out and suspend users who swear in threads that contain a verified user's handle, that sort of thing.
You can actually beg Twitter for one if you can dogpiled by shitposts, and chances are you'll get one if you're a lefty.
>>
>>423944938
I don't care if she gets fired for it, but I hate people trying to say she did nothing objectionable here.
>>
>>423952037
Yeah, she was allowed to speak freely. Shes allowed to speak VERY freely, in fact she can speak so freely that she can out right insult customers of the company she works for. So they fired her, because thats bad for business.
>>
>>423952037

That is exactly what people (her included) are saying. She has the right to say what she wants, but this does not make her immune from the consequences of her words.

Ben Cuck is trying to say that somehow her right to freedom of speech has been violated and asking why no one is defending her. But she herself said over a year ago that in this case her rights are not being violated.

Keep up anon.
>>
>>423944938
Leftist feminist faggot here and she totally deserved to get canned
>>
File: haucouldyoudothis.jpg (26 KB, 204x205)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
the real answer is that she was probably having a shit day, regularly gets these kinds of people responding to everything she posts because she's a woman in the games industry, and got fed up with it and let loose on this guy who probably meant well. she overreacted, he didn't deserve to be called out for such an innocuous comment, but she definitely should not have been fired over something so trivial. a stern meeting with higher-ups and a warning that if it happens again she's out, absolutely, but this one-time incident isn't the kind of thing you should lose a job for, and it's clear that arenanet is just caving instead of defending and supporting their employees.

also if this was a man getting fired for saying a racial slur or posting conservative rhetoric you guys would be up in arms about it.
>>
>>423944938
Well, it looks like he's trying to discuss the game with a developer, and is just shot down with no real reason.
The guy's tone was perfectly respectful, esp. if you look at his 4th post.

>female game dev
I guess you should watch what words you fucking use when dealing with the public on your Official Social Media Account.
>>
>>423948063
Yes.

A company worker and a customer are behaving like drooling retards on the salesfloor. One of these people, if not kicked out, will walk out of the building and make you 60$ richer. The other, if not kicked out, will make you 200$ poorer today, 200$ poorer tomorrow, and so on every day until she collects her full 80k salary.

As a worker, your status can not be merely 'not negative' to the company. You must, every day, provide more value than the company is paying you to provide. Even if her opinions brought equal sales to what they drove away, it was a net loss to the company to hire her to express them.
>>
>>423952414
Yeah an attack on Free Speech would be like if I said Trump is a fucking stupid Neophyte who only got where he is because of money, and then I was put in prison or fined.
>>
>>423951972
> blue tick
totally worthless, much like the entire platform.
>>
Was there one mainstream gaming site that did not write a biased article defending Price?
>>
File: 1511013365640.jpg (16 KB, 204x189)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
How the fuck do people always ignore the important parts when defending a person like this? This isn't the worst thing she tweeted and you know it. You don't win an argument by ignoring reality. Is this what happens to people when their parents never tell them that putting your finger into your ears and screaming LALALA doesn't automatically win you an argument?
>>
>>423944938
It would in literally any other industry. Why do game devs believe they have the right to shit on the consumer in public?
>>
>>423952530
The company is owned by gooks who have no stake in identity politics, and for all we know this is not the first time she's acted like an ass on social media.

You don't talk about your work or your employer on social media, ever. If someone fucking tracks you down and doxes you, you either shut down everything or go private FOREVER. She put her own job at risk the minute she outted herself to get more attention because she WORKS FOR VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>423952474
Not even feminist, Jessica Price is an anti-feminist in every since of the word. Truly damaging to the actual GOOD feminist movement. Ask this chick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMw39meKmzY
>>
>>423944938
Tell me again why /pol/ are supposed to be the good guys? They're literally acting worse here than the caricature of sjw's. Hypocritical bastards.
>>
>>423952623
none i've seen so far. if anyone has any links i'd like to seem them. but journos have decided the SJW cause is worth more than their entire industry. let's just sit back and watch them all burn. it's highly entertaining.
>>
>>423952767
>actual GOOD feminist movement.
>>
>>423950086
That's the point and the irony of the whole situation.
>>
>woman gets fired for responding to criticism in a vitriolic manner
>"she deserves it for saying those things, she's representing her company you know"

>man gets fired for saying racial slurs
>"MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
>>
>>423945070
>eceleb reaction gifs
uh yeah that's gonna be a yikes from me
>>
>>423945625
Short answer: yes.
>>
Bitch can't complain about an Avengers movie without sounding like she was just raped and beaten in an alley, she's "toxic" incarnate and should be removed from all companies for their own good.
>>
File: hotarou.png (248 KB, 930x720)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>423952767
>the war on gamers
>>
>>423952851
Watch the video, I know your IQ is only 7 but it may teach you something.
>>
>>423952862
t. NEET who never had a job
>>
>>423945625
>So a fast food worker should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home? Okay
>So a doctor should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home? Okay
>So a garbage man should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home? Okay
>So a lawyer should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home? Okay
>So a lifeguard should be fired because they told someone to go fuck themselves over twitter while at home? Okay

I have no problem with any of these. If I were the owner of a business, I wouldn't want people thinking I hired a prick to do the job. It'd be different if they didn't put themselves out there as "I WORK AT ABC COMPANY FOLLOW ME FOR ABC UPDATES" and were just a face and a name with connections to the business--but if I own a sandwich shop and the representative who says he lost 300 lbs starts diddling kids, he's not going to be the rep anymore.
>>
>>423944938
you don't go on social media with the same account you have all your publicly identifiable company information and berate your consumer. that's like the #1 rule for working in the western gaming industry.
>>
File: 1513040806231.png (87 KB, 645x773)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>423946205
>customer = employee
>>
Imagine being the guy who got sacked in this. Your wife and kid have to learn you lost your job of 13 years white knighting some dumb cunt of twitter. Now that the dust has settled, she has done several interviews about the sexism she experienced, while you sit alone at home. Nobody gives a shit about him.
>>
>>423946205
How quickly SJW faggots on /v/ try to spin everything as "UH...UH /pol/ IS SO HYPOCRITICAL!" but it never pans out because libcucks are the ultimate hypocrites.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (99 KB, 601x812)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>423952530
1.She kept doubling down and insulting him for hours
2.It is extremely likely that this WAS her second or third strike already. Her departure from Paizo was self-admittedly cause by a similar issue.
3.ArenaNet was faced with supporting an employee or supporting the dozens of fans she insulted. Said "rando asshat" was one of the most visible members of the community, even had a custom NPC made in the game after him.
Nice strawman
Oh, and she's still going and claiming victimhood status, even being brave enough to protect her female coworkers that nobody has a problem with from those evil sexists.
>>
>>423952862
kek. freedom of speech is what got jessica fired. she's entitled to it. she's not entitled to degrade fans and become a sexist piece of shit while representing a company, especially in her twitter bio. consider yourself on the job 24/7 if you're interacting with fans. you can't just turn into a disgusting human being because you're out of the office. the world doesn't work that way, femanon.
>>
>>423944938
anybody that tries to bring identity politics into anything deserves to be burned alive
>>
>>423953167
Kevin Fries? More like Kevin Would You Like Fries With That.
>>
>>423953262
Identity politics is the root of all politics. Ideology is a luxury.
>>
>>423949456
You don't need to wish for the inevitable.
>>
>>423953167
Yeah sadly I cant feel sorry for him. You know he was just trying to get in her pants and or get some sympathy from another single female employee, making himself into some super White Knight pro-feminist guy.

Either that or, he defended her because she kinda roped him into it. Met him at work, befriended him, starting letting him think he might actually have a chance one day, and hes a beta male so he becomes her total slave and does whatever she says.

Either way, still cant feel sorry for him. No sympathy for betas.
>>
>>423952862
look
>>423948006
>>
>>423947005
Star Wars is done m8, they Guitar Heroed it.
>>
>>423946205
umm sweaty, it's like you always say, free speech is not freedom of consequence from that speech :)
>>
>>423944938
Didn't the person she started this argument with the number 1 shill for GW2?
>>
>>423953227
>Mike attempts to write a message about this obnoxious cunt where he says she's done some good work
>she spins it into "OH THAT'S ALL YOU THINK I DID? FUCK YOUUUU"
And libcuck journos will continue to defend her; there's just nothing to defend. She's a horrible, monstrous, disgusting cunt. Imagine working with this piece of shit, imagine you say you made some coffee and she tosses it in your fucking face saying how dare you accuse her of not being able to make her own coffee because she's a woman.
>>
>>423953692
Pretty big one. Kid's way too polite for his own good, but it worked out well here because anybody with a functioning brain that actually reads the tweets knows this narrative of her being attacked by a raging sexist is completely false.
>>
>>423953692
Yup. Worst part is, he does that shit for free.
>>
File: 1525412493745.png (28 KB, 584x335)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>423953227
>still says she's working at arenanet in her bio
>says she's going on vacation
the denial is real
>>
File: 1531065224650.jpg (97 KB, 793x500)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>423945612
>>
>>423944938
>allow me to disagree slightly
>read that as "allow me to explain how to do your job"
The problem is completely in her head.
>>
File: 1528652426923.gif (1.83 MB, 360x240)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>423944938
If the genders of the two were reversed, the same people who are crying about it now would be parading Anet around as the paradigm of game development PR standards.
>>
>>423946205
Saying GG ez and getting banned in Overwatch does not even BEGIN to compare to throwing a temper tantrum on Twitter and insulting the customers your company makes money on.

Nice fucking try, youre comparing apples to Triceratops DNA. Doesnt fit into a factual or sensical argument.

Cute try though, really cute.
>>
>>423953167
Honestly, there was no good reason for him to get involved in the shitstorm. Why in god's name would you stick your neck out for a woman at work unless you were trying to fuck her. Considering he was married with kids, its not like he can just openly admit he wanted to get some strange (without ruining the rest of his life).
>>
Did anyone else though it was creepy how all the gaming sites all produced articles absolving Price of all responsibility so fast that they came out within a day or two of each other ?
>>
>>423944938
>twitter
>forum
>discussion
pick two and even then you will lose
>>
>>423945126
She's a complete cunt, if she was a man that sort of attitude would never fly and she wouldn't have gotten any sympathy
>>
File: Not so bliss.jpg (58 KB, 274x330)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>Let me tell you exactly what is wrong
>NOOOOOO YOU'RE JUST LASHING OUT ON ME AND TELLING ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE OF MY GENDER

Technically, she deserved it, because it's absolute bollocks you can't take criticism well without directing assuming your gender is the cause for such argument.
>>
>>423945612
>moderate
>has this kind of garbage saved to his computer
>that filename
Not only are you not a moderate, you're definitely not from here. Literal roomtemp IQ.
>>
>>423944938

No, being an ass on your private twitter shouldn't warrant being fired.

Am i happy those fucks got fired? Yep.

But still, people should realize that there is a difference between private social media and social media that is connected to the company. If they would have posted that shit on the forums that would have been grounds for firing them tho.
>>
>>423952530
>racial slurs and conservative rhetoric are the same thing
>>
Gamergate literally broke western media
>>
>>423953227
>Everything is made by a team. No content is made by one person
>I did everything.

>Reassure their employees
If they spent 8+ hours with her a day then they must know that she's a cunt, and that she was fired for her acting like a cunt.
>>
>>423953834
To be fair, he was respectful and inquisitive. Didn't really come across as sycophantic. His tweets were pretty much asking her why don't MMORPGs employ a similar consequence of dialogue choice to what single-player RPGs have been (branching dialogue leading to a different outcome and not just being a tree you have to visit every leaf of in any order and move on like in GW2).
>>
imagine waking up thinking about this shit drama

imagine using the time of your day to post about this shit drama

imagine going to sleep thinking about this shit drama

i really feel bad for you nu/v faggots,may the lord have mercy on your souls
>>
>>423954015
Not really, but here. A small rabbit whole just opened. I can guide you if you want, but I assure you, only pain and despair await true knowledge and understanding.

All news is read from a master script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8dejYGa5A

Now look up Jordan Maxwellls presentation on Occult Symbolism.

Or dont, if you
>>
>>423944938
If I owned a restaurant, and one of my cooks had a twitter with a bio that very publicly links it to it; and if said cook made a long twitter rant about how hard it is to, I don't know, make fries; and there was this foodtuber who has been a long time, not only customer, but very positive critic of my restaurant; and said foodtuber chimed in to the cook's thread to explain how, from a different perspective but with a very respectful tone, making fries isn't that difficult; and then the cook replied with
>Today in being a female cook: "'Allow me--a person who does not work with you--explain to you how to do your job"
; and then the foodtuber was like "OK, whatever, I guess I'm retracting my comment"; and then the cook pushed on and called the foodtuber an asshat amongst other egregious things.

The cook should be fucking Gordon Ramsay level or something, because otherwise, his ass would be on the street so fast. No matter the gender.

tl;dr: yes.
>>
>>423944938
I think you're a faggot who needs to fuck off
>>
>>423954086
>private
>advertised as employee
>was using the twitter to continue her AMA she hosted as a part of the company
>profile was set to public
>>
>>423953983
He wanted easy good boy points and social standing. Every other time shit like this has gone down the females end up in a better social position for it, so he wanted to get in on the ground floor
Unfortunately it backfired.
>>
>>423944938
No but the constant tirades she and her beta orbiter unleashed after that did.
>>
File: rychewko.gif (443 KB, 506x516)
443 KB
443 KB GIF
>>423953237
>consider yourself on the job 24/7 if you're interacting with fans
maybe we should stop and think about the effect this is having on people in the modern age. like it's easy to see her overreaction and think "wow what a crazy bitch" or whatever but honestly i can see where she's coming from. i certainly don't agree that the way she responded to this guy was professional or good or anything like that but it's clear that having to be in "professional employee representing a huge company" mode online 24/7 has long-term negative effects on the way people interact with their fans and customers.
>>
>>423954015
Were you not here in 2014?
>>
>>423954015
She probably sent the same email to a bunch of outlets, as at least two of them have the same quotes.
>>
>>423944938
>do you really think acting highly unprofessional and tarnishing your company's name warrants getting fired?

Yes, just like it does with every other job people have. Having a vagina or darker skin shouldn't give you an immunity, especially if you're demanding "equality" as if you don't already have it.
>>
File: 1480878573409.jpg (51 KB, 600x430)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>423954239
>i don't care i don't care i don't care
>i'm posting to tell them how much i don't care
>i don't care, please stop discussing this the narrative is slipping oh god please, i don't care
>>
>>423954015
Nah, all media has a master script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8dejYGa5A
>>
>>423944938
What a cuck.
>>
Why are the press desperate to make this Price firing another Gamergate thing?

Has the Gamergate well run dry and they are looking to refill it? I know they use GG for cheap clickbait and a shield for their shitty actions, but do they seriously have nothing else to go on?
>>
>>423954279
>literal food analogy
You've been holding onto this one for the right moement, haven't you?
>>
>>423944938
She got fired for talking shit to customers. You become a PR liability for companies and they don't want to deal with that. Doesn't matter your gender or race
>>
>>423954362
All she had to do was set her twitter to private or block the dude. Sure it's stressful to represent a company 24/7 but she put herself in that position by plastering the company's name all over her twitter.
>>
>>423954086
>No, being an ass on your private twitter shouldn't warrant being fired.

Her Twitter isnt set to private and she linked her workplace and talks about work related issues on her twitter and with customers

The lesson here is to separate private and professional life especially online
>>
>>423954362
There is no excuse for this behavior with your name attached. At worst you ignore the criticism, not go on this crazed tangent. No other industry would defend her.
>>
>>423954362
Maybe you should start thinking about starting your sentences with a capital letter. The animu girl caught my attention, but your train of thought is extremely hard to follow on my widescreen monitor.
>>
File: 1531085646064.png (361 KB, 1814x1418)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>
File: c7d.png (265 KB, 1015x676)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>423945126
This. Given her previous remarks over Twitter, I feel she was already on thin ice before this incident.
>>
>>423952889

>celeb meme
haha
>>
>>423949695
Person whose job it is to write video game characters blogs about how she can't write a MMO PC character that everybody likes because people have different ideas of what they want their characters to be. Customer of her employer points out that branching dialogue for fluid character personalities is nothing new. Person freaks out for customer's audacity to talk to her on a public forum because she doesn't want to talk about work there (despite just posting at length about her work) and then rants about how it's her personal space to treat customers like shit. Then she gets fired the next day for treating customers like shit, but it's really all about the patriarchy controlling women.
>>
File: 1531077156181.png (377 KB, 635x940)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>
File: ritsumakesuthink.png (205 KB, 305x402)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>423954527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLjYJ4BzvI
makes u think
>>
>>423954357
>He wanted easy good boy points and social standing.

And like all basedboys he got blown the fuck out and no one cares with the entire drama and snowflake aid being directed at her
>>
>>423954531
Pretty much. They are hoping to ride this out so they can get as much attention as possible. Fuck em though.
>>
>>423954015
They did the same thing within hours over the "Gamers are dead" bullshit. And that all broke within a day of people calling out those same sites for doing shady shit.
>>
>>423954527
>>423954368
>>423954371
>>423954257
>>423954015
It wasn't the speed of the articles that got me attention. It was how each article read like a copy and paste job.
>>
>>423954362
That's what happens when you voluntarily put where you work, your real name and go through the process to have the check mark saying Twitter has verified your credentials. Don't want to be in that position? Then don't do the fucking above, it's that simple.
>>
>>423954086

I't might be their personal twitter, but its not set to private and the coment's where in direct relation with the company business, she can be an ass in private as long as its not in any way related to the company, but when the comments where not only about the product of the company itself but also against one of the members of the community of the game belonging to that company it is grounds for firing in any country, it's just bad PR and supporting it in any way will cause severe damage to their reputation (not even considering the fact that she was probably already flagged for firing for being an insufferable bitch, if you are a model employee something like this might be swept under the rug and just get you a warning)
>>
>>423950731
You're correct, however in this case she directly referenced and dragged her company into this, even bringing a fellow employee into the bullshit. They were asking for it.
>>
>>423954576
All she had to do was tell the guy she doesn't want to talk about it, and block him if he persists. Or just block him. Or answer his question like a normal person. Everything but putting him on the spot and demeaning him in front of all her followers.
>>
File: 1xotoeb.png (40 KB, 592x307)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
What an asshole, he should get fired for this!
>>
>>423954015
Wow it's almost like video game journalists are unethical and have a <<secret>> mailing list where they chat with each other about what libcuck narrative to push for a story. Too bad there was no movement to stop their bullshit, but that's just how the world works.
>>
File: TheyLive2.jpg (26 KB, 342x228)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>423954763
>>423954527
>>
>>423954993
Thata up to the company.
>>
File: smokey.jpg (40 KB, 546x277)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
YOU HAVE TO BE A STUPID MOTHERFUCKER TO GET FIRED ON YOUR DAY OFF
>>
>>423944938
Yes, her being female was enough of a reason to fire her, they just needed a "PC" reason to do it.
>>
>>423954547
Nah, it's just that I watch Master Chef, including yesterday's episode, and I came looking for a thread to discuss pewdiepie featuring this, and this was at the top of the first page, so while I was making this analogy, food and Gordon Ramsay was the first thing to pop to mind.

But then let me make it about, fuck, I don't know, cars.

If I owned a carshop, and one of my mechanics had a twitter with a bio that very publicly links her to it; and if said mechanic made a long twitter rant about how hard it is to, I don't know, overhaul; and there was this car youtuber who has been a long time, not only customer, but very positive critic of my carshop; and said car youtuber chimed in to the mechanic's thread to explain how, from a different perspective but with a very respectful tone, overhauling isn't that difficult; and then the mechanic replied with
>Today in being a female mechanic: "'Allow me--a person who does not work with you--explain to you how to do your job"
; and then the car youtuber was like "OK, whatever, I guess I'm retracting my comment"; and then the mechanic pushed on and called the car youtuber an asshat amongst other egregious things.

The mechanic should be fucking Tesla level or something, because otherwise, his ass would be on the street so fast. No matter the gender.

tl;dr: yes.
>>
>>423954993
Jews fear the samurai
>>
>>423954904
She didn't drag that dumbass into anything, he jumped in on his own then backed off once he payed attention for two seconds and realized she was in the wrong.
>>
>>423954993
Yeah, he'll fire himself.
>>
>>423954885
If you're a model employee you can be swayed to apologize and not keep doubling down for a week.
>>
>>423954993
He's one of the founders of the company, he can do whatever he fucking wants.
>>
>>423946259
>Twitter is the worst.
Yeah it just seems like more trouble than it's worth.
>>
File: 1527451971800.png (914 KB, 1024x576)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>>423955091
>>
>>423944938
she seems like a troublemaker, she is still making trouble instead of shutting her whore mouth and taking her severance.
>>
>>423954993
he's an idiot but he's one of the 3 founders of the company
she's a literally who
>>
>>423954993
He had his game cancelled as punishment.
>>
>>423955218
>>423955349
this
>>
>>423954362
I agree with you, but if you want to be a putrid cunt to people without any of the consequence or just need to vent, why not just make a separate/anonymous account that isn't tied to your persona? Samefagging on social media is pretty scummy but it's still a safe way to get your feelings out
In most industries, as long as you're wearing the uniform (or advertising yourself as a representative of a company in this case), you're considered on the clock and setting examples for your company. If you understand that and still act like a putrid cunt/don't find an alternative, you're just making things worse on yourself and your employer
>>
>>423954993
It's up to the company. You won't see me getting upset if he gets fired but he's a co-founder so I don't see that happening.
>>
>>423954531
>but do they seriously have nothing else to go on?
Yes. GG immediately became their new boogeyman after MRA didn't stick on, and since GG died the very first months of its creation, they are desperately trying to latch onto the movement harder than the actual goobers they despise.
>>
>>423955052
>>423955178
>>423955218
>>423955349
It's really amazing to me how quick you guys jump to defend someone in a position of power, just because they are in that position of power.
>>
>>423954752
I fucking hate people who just respond "Well I liked it :)" when you says something is shit, and you can say whatever you want about how it sucks, how it was made with bad intent from the start, the answer will always be "Well I liked it :)" like they are proud of their ignorance.
>>
>>423944938
i dont think ops image.is the exact reason but as a former facebook csr for a game company, I would never be condescendimg to my clients, you have to be respectful at all times.

that said many customers can be shitheads but thats for you to keep to yourself
>>
>>423955180

if you are a model employee you probably don't get on that mess in the first place, it's clear that they wanted to get rid of her for a long time, she just gave them the proper excuse to do so

it's hilarious how self destructive this people are, they didn't have to frame her or even gave her shitty assignments to get the excuse for firing her, she just did it all by herself
>>
>>423944938
>3rd post on page 1 about this no name whore.
Please stop.
>>
>>423955463
We're not defending him, retard. We're saying the boss chooses who to fire, including himself.
>>
>>423955463
It's not a defense, it's telling you why what he's doing isn't getting him fired like Price was. If he was a low-level employee at Platinum doing the same shit he'd probably get canned as well.
>>
>>423955463
ESL or just retarded?
>>
File: 1339962880062.jpg (27 KB, 331x334)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>423954752
she sounds like a fun person to be around
>>
>>423955463
What's there to defend? He can't be fired because he's a literal owner. Only way to take him down is to not buy his company's products.
>>
>>423955463
The difference is that Kamiya being an asshole to random people who are being obviously stupid is funny while Jessica Price not only isn't funny, but was responsible for making one of the worst forums I have ever been on worse.
>>
>>423944938
Yes. Anyone who brings gender or feminism into video games should be shot on site. The western gaming scene is fucking ruined thanks to this shit. No fun anymore, just boring interactive movies with social justice hamfisted into it.

Yes, I am glad she was fired and I wish more people would be fired for this kind of behavior.
>>
File: 56347473625124.jpg (81 KB, 204x250)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>423955513
>people don't hold the same opinions as me
>pftt, let these sheeple bask in their ignorance
>>
>>423954993
when he does it, it's funny
>>
>>423954871
Press release articles usually are. When devs release news about their games sites will almost always just copy chunks of text from the press release.
The odd thing about this is that this event is treated like official news, but really that's not surprising considering how game review sites have been for the past five years
>>
>>423954752
People like this need to be killed.
>>
>>423944938
it warrants getting a bullet through your head
>>
>>423955817
>Anyone who brings gender or feminism into video games should be shot on site.
So this entire board then? That's all you guys seem to want to talk about these days.
>>
>>423955463
Kamiya also doesn't try to say he's oppressed by people tweeting at him, just that they're idiots. And he has an amusing way of blocking people, so we let it slide.
>>
File: 1522606991094.gif (28 KB, 200x200)
28 KB
28 KB GIF
>>423944938
>>
>>423955463
I think he SHOULD be fired for it. But who's gonna do it?
>>
File: 1528919159387.jpg (58 KB, 643x618)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
itt: drumpftards
>>
>>423955463
>just because they are in that position of power

It's like you can't help but supplant your own version of reasoning in other peoples' heads. She puts herself out as a dev for the company; she makes an ass of herself; company fires her for being an ass associated with the company.

That reasoning doesn't necessitate anyone being in power. You're just addicted to accusing other people of thinking in a certain manner because the contemplating the existence of alternative, valid thought processes is beyond your capability.
>>
File: 1530714497501.jpg (25 KB, 436x415)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>423944938

I won't sit here and say I don't think she should of been fired for being a complete asshole to that user. But, having worked in a creative field for a few years, I can understand from her point of view that, even though you make a piece of entertainment like videogames or movies or illustrations, you don't necessarily want to talk/discuss it all the time. Especially with fans, people more passionate about it, have more time to discuss and think about it for hours upon hours about it, and are more than ready to give you a piece of their mind about what you work hours on.

Again, Prince was wrong and she's arrogant, but before I attribute just malice of poor character on her, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that this was a bad day. She was trying to do a little bit of fun insider stuff, thinking nobody would bother her with a rebuttal, and when it happened she couldn't disengage.
>>
>>423955513
it depends what it is and your reasoning.
>>
>>423955463
It's not defending anything, it's just pointing out common sense. If you're in a job position that lacks any clout don't go around pissing off the wrong people.
>>
>>423955463
>I'll block you for saying dumb things or tweeting me in a language I barely speak
vs
>let me go on a 4 hour rant about misogyny while publicly shaming someone because I thought he said mean things
>>
>>423951930
oh fuck.. oh fuck she's another anita, she's gonna go on a rampage and make 300g off this isn't she?
>>
>>423955560
> you have to be respectful at all times
and thats how you kill your game e.g overwatch
>>
>>423956046
>should of
Fucking mong.
>>
>>423956046
I don't know why you wouldn't expect a response on a public, open site like twitter. It's just weird to me how people treat it like their own personal space.
>>
>>423956194

Sorry not my first language

*should have
>>
>>423956159
Yup, and it's all your fault, thanks guys you've really fucked it up again.
>>
>>423945625
look up "false equivalence"
>>
>>423955560
if you tolrate retards then you never get any work done keep being a dick head thinking your the one in control
>>
>>423956046
If she didn't want to discuss it why post about it on a public forum designed to facilitate discussion? Why respond at all instead of either ignoring or blocking the guy?
>>
>>423954752
How is saying "This is a rancid piece of trash" any different?
>>
>>423945625
If the person has "Proud manager of Paddy Jack's Kickin' Burgers San Francisco district" then yes.
>>
>>423944938
No, she's an asshole, but ArenaNet is retarded if this is the reason she was fired.
>>
>>423944938
THE BITCH IS DEAD
THE BITCH IS DEAD
>>
>>423956241
Nevermind then, I assumed you were a dumb anglo. My bad.
>>
>>423954692
Imagine being Peter
>you gallantly race towards m'lady to white knight for her as she continues to shoot herself in the PR foot again and again
>you both get fired
>there's controversy about the termination, but it revolves almost entirely around Jessica, everyone has forgotten about you
The best part is that Jessica will be fine. There's plenty of SJW companies that will pick her up, Peter out of luck though.
>>
>>423956162
>>423956285
I guess you guys cant.respectfully disagree with someone and move on
>>
>>423956159
Probably, but who cares? No company who actually makes games will hire her after being publicly fired two times in a year for this shit, and the only people giving her money are sjw retards anyway
>>
>>423956428
*Nods respectfully towards you*
>>
>>423944938
Yeah? Twitter is public media, and she took a megaphone and yelled trash to the fans.
>>
>>423956380
She was fired for continuously stirring up shit after that tweet with her job proudly displayed along the way.
>>
Female employees are a liability.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>423956016
>She puts herself out as a dev for the company; she makes an ass of herself
Kamiya has been doing this every single day since he started using Twitter years ago, insulting and publicly shaming an incredible number of fans for tweeting at him saying they love his games. But that's fine, right?
>>
File: 1530457886306.jpg (441 KB, 823x922)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>tfw deleted social media after graduating and nobody remembers me anymore.
>>
>>423956159
Anita is a successful con-artist and that requires some cunning and charisma, this person is a legit idiot that even the lefties have a hard time finding some legitimacy to defend her actions.
>>
>>423954136
It was already fucked, GG just made more people aware before getting martyr'd.
>>
>>423956380
Imagine this on a constant basis to multiple fans on a public forum. Why would a company want that representing them.
>>
>>423956512
Kamiya does it in a goofy way, he doesn't act self-righteous about it. With Kamiya it doesn't feel especially mean even when he calls people insects. It's hard to articulate the difference, but it's there.
>>
>>423956512
If he was an employee, it would be completely legal for his employer to fire him. He's the owner, however, so that's not looking likely.
>>
>>423956512
He's pretty much his own boss, so shitty or not it's his decision to push Platinum in that direction.
>>
>>423956339
"Making fries is tough because everybody expects them to be a different way."
"You could at least salt your fries?"
"Who fucking asked you!?"
>>
>>423944938
>be me
>working for random retail company forever ago
>Working long shifting hours all the time
>end of a 7 day work stretch
>near end of shift, tired as fuck
>bitch walks into my teller line goes to pay on card reader
>card reader is loose on stand and has to be held at angle for shorter people to use
>bitch starts complaining about how someone could get hurt and that she complained about it before
>pulls out camera and takes picture of me holding it up for her talking about how nice it is that she is a lawyer so she can sue us for it.
>tells me I should sue because I could get hurt
>tell no thanks that's not something I would do and I finish the transaction as normal
>She leaves, I get sent on a break
>go into break room and start talking to co worker about her
>"what a fucking cunt"
>random supervisor I have never met from another part of the store hears me
>tells my supervisor
>get called into office after break and told the whole innapropriate for the workplace speech.
>few days later, get fired
Did I deserve to get fired?

The answer of course is yes I did, regardless of the fact that I was in the back room of the store and would never treat a customer like that, I broke a policy the company held and have to deal with it, if I had done it in front of the customer I would have been fired and sent home on the spot.
>>
>>423956512
he owns the studio so he can say whatever he wants fagtron
>>
>>423944938
Never underestimate the whining of a bunch of fascist nerds
>>
>>423956673
>It's hard to articulate the difference, but it's there.
AKA he's not a woman and he doesn't seem to have political views that you disagree with. Because that's really what this is about.
>>
>>423944938
>Have retarded employee
>Fire her when she does stupid shit on social media
They just wanted a reason to fire the tard
>>
>>423956512
Do you want him to fire himself?
>>
>>423946259
You act like Americans are worse then Europeans and Canadians. Which only shows your retardation.
>>
>>423956925
Um, sweetie, I actually identify as anarcho-racist.
>>
>>423944938
yes. companies can't take the risk of having these kind of ideologues in their company. this tweet was a huge glaring warning sign of inevitable problems from her (an inevitable false sexual harassment / discrimination claim). you gotta nip this shit in the bud.
>>
>>423944938
Can someone update me on what happened? I'm not into twitter and google just gives me "they fired a WOMAN reeeeee" articles. I don't even know who this girl is
>>
>>423956507
I cant
>>
>>423944938

I think if she was good at her job she wouldn't have gotten fired for this

This is classic "this person is on the chopping block now just give a reason" scenario
It's quite likely it wasn't even personal just a very convenient budget cut
>>
>>423956943
If that's what you want to believe, I'm not changing your mind. It's probably more to do with me being a huge weeb than any of that, but you didn't even consider that angle.
>>
>>423956943
Shut the fuck up you faggy little SJW cuck. Comparing someone at the top of a well-loved video game company with many games under his belt being an asshole and not getting fired for it because there's nobody to fire him is not the same as this situation and you fucking know it. Now your get your faggot cuck ass to your cuckshed, I'll be along later to burn it down and hear your faggot screams.
>>
>>423946205

I work at a german controlling firm and almost got fired for pronouncing 'Scania' wrong in a meeting with their executives.You guys need a reality check.
>>
>>423957149
And the fact that Kamiya makes great games and has accomplished more than her. It's not like the only reason I'd be biased towards respecting him more is his gender or politics.
>>
>>423956512
Kamiya
>legend of the industry
>doesn't sperg out against specific people unless provoked
>doesn't do it in a self righteous way

Price
>literally who
>spergs out against someone who slightly disagrees with her
>not the first time she's fired for something like this
>>
>>423957319
Controlling what?
>>
>>423956925
Nobody whined except players of the game retard, it only became news after the company fired them.
There was no /pol/ boogeyman involved at all
>>
She's one of those perpetually victimized outrage junkies. That sort is a legal liability and an HR disaster waiting to happen. Her employers probably just seized the first reason they could find to can her.
>>
>>423957337
he spergs out unprovoked all the time
but the difference is that he's an actual developer and one of the top people in the company while she's a nobody and she brings up her personal politics for no reason
>>
Yes, independent of what industry is is - if you act like an asshole and don’t have tact in how you publicly portray yourself, and especially if you offend or mistreat your business’s target demographic while doing so, then you’re gonna get fired.

The way she acted was fireable and the way she’s acted post firing only reaffirms the fact that her former employer made the right decision.
>>
>>423957380

your mom
>>
File: 1520334775870.jpg (128 KB, 1000x600)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>423946205
>SJWs favourite trick is mustering up the twitter outrage mob and getting people fired
>but its not fair when it happens to them
>>
>>423954993
Didn't he get into a little bit of trouble for shitting on that one Kotaku writer?
That being said he's much more valuable to his company than Price was to hers
>>
>>423957535
That and the fact that she seems like an utterly insufferable cunt so they just wanted to not have to put up with her bullshit anymore.
>>
>>423957114
Read the thread
>>
>>423945036
This is only going to happen more and more as a larger portion of the workforce is made up by people who grew up being taught feelies > realies
>>
>>423956814
This is wrong.
>>
File: Lt2Ychw.jpg (75 KB, 961x542)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>423955463
Youre either mentally retarted or mexican. I havent made up my mind yet.
>>
File: 1431184748076.jpg (43 KB, 360x403)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>423956046
The crux of the matter is that as frustrated as this may have made her, the simple truth is she was treated no differently than any other game dev who posts similar comments online. But what caused it to blow up is her and her defenders acting every step of the way as if this had something to do with her being a woman. I'm sure she's gotten plenty of female specific and insulting comments. But this one right here is certainly not the worst that any dev ever has gotten, and definitely not the even rating for "shit people say to women online" for a comment.

Nor is she the first dev to be fired for not being able to not be an asshole online. People have even retroactively been fired for it. ie. that guy who got hired by Bungie to make Halo maps and then got fired mid-move when someone revealed to them he used to insult the company and its devs years ago. A bit more company than customer specific, I suppose.
>>
>>423945625

Why do I even bother coming to /v/ anymore after seeing posts like this. I don't even play games anymore; please don't away the only place I can talk about them
>>
>be spic
>spic vidya media think Price is in the wrong
enjoy your cultural marxism, amerifats
>>
>>423956814
I sympathize with this because you at least maintained a professional demeanor to her face. Your only fault was venting without making sure it was just you and your buddy around, but you already know this, because your admission proves you're self aware.
>>
File: 1523595068625.jpg (37 KB, 600x582)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
ITT: Trolls trolling trolls. Literally 0 honest discussion for 500 posts
>>
>>423946779
They literally had no reason to call the police. The men plainly said they were waiting for someone, they were not loitering and were planning to buy a coffee after he came out of the bathroom.

The employee assumed they were gang bangers or some shit and called the police accusing them of loitering.
>>
>>423958084
> be you
> femanon cancer
> illiterate
what.a.fucking.shock.
>>
>>423944938
Yes. The other guy deserves to be fired as well.

But at least the dude took his firing with dignity while the chick is still mouthing off.
>>
File: 1531130867987.png (281 KB, 678x1436)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
How embarrassing..
>>
>>423946771
Wrong think is not even remotely the same thing as directly attacking the customer base.
>>
File: 1511684076898.jpg (90 KB, 882x439)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>423958204
>>
File: 9000.png (447 KB, 643x618)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>423956014
>>
>>423946632
Lmao verbal abuse, okay snowflakes, if she called someone a nigger you’d be fine with it
>>
File: 1531349877874.jpg (22 KB, 500x388)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>423945625
>food analogy
>>
File: 1477848482093.png (71 KB, 325x258)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>423956613
>tfw deleted social media in hs
>tfw no fake friends or bad publicity since
>>
>>423958276
a post from a robot.
>>
>>423947705
All the replies are the same as every other thread. I would say that this is likely the case. It was fun when it happened, but now what's the point?
>>
>>423958243
>rando
I hate that word and I hate twitter
>>
>>423958373
you mean 0 friends
>>
File: 1445832760703.gif (2.79 MB, 334x450)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB GIF
>>423944938
If it means someone posting the same thread over and over again for over a week, then no.
>>
File: 1530027216310.png (290 KB, 600x600)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>423958390
isn't using rando technically racist?
>>
>>423958276
lurk moar
>>
File: Jessie Price.jpg (106 KB, 679x713)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Yea, kinda what happens when you're glad a huge gaming entertainer dies. The War Frame devs said he helped the game thrive.
>>
>>423958502
I remember mods autosaging a thread of this. If they keep doing it more people will make more threads.
>>
>>423944938

Absolutely, and she never should have been hired in the first place. She got fired from her previous job at Paizo for this exact same type of shit and that should have been enough of a red flag for Anet to not hire her. Blowing up at your customers should get you a 10 year blacklisting at minimum.
>>
>>423944938
retardera go home
>>
>>423958502
>noooooooo stop robbing me of the potential non video game related anime threads, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
Where the fuck are the mods?
>>
Reminder that all these articles supporting her do not link or show the tweets where she is being an asshole
>>
File: Julia-Voth-Feet-2225755.jpg (115 KB, 1004x1504)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>423944938
> be at uni
>live in an all male dorm
>have wipe boards on all of our doors.
>friend of mine likes to vandalize boards with drawings for a laff
>everyone in the building thinks its hillarious
>one night, he draws a very detailed penis on my wipeboard
>see it, have a laff.
>keep it up because no one gives a fuck.
>4 days later get call from dean of housing
>says someone was offended by the drawing on my wipeboard
>turns out it was some female dyke campus police who saw it on patrol.
>friend steps up and said he drew it
>ruffriderz4life.jpg
>both kicked off campus housing but still at school
>shes now suing the uni for unsafe workplace
>campus police suing for unsafe workplace
>wtf.exe
>go to student union
>womynz group putting up paper vaginas all over wall with campus consent
Our country is doomed.
>>
>>423958518
I don't know, why would it be?
>>
>>423958550
>hah sure showed that corpse

she is fucking scum
>>
>>423945036
I actually had an argument with a faggot who claimed that as long as you were getting paid, you were a professional and "professionalism" was just my shitty definition of how people should act.
>>
>>423958726
because mexican
>>
File: 1531059149828.jpg (46 KB, 634x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>423944938
>>
>>423958643
>non video game related anime threads
Post one time this ever happened on /v/.
>>
>>423958706
That didn’t happen and this isn’t pol
>>
>>423946205
freedom of speech /=/ freedom from consequences
>>
>>423958842
I see, didn't know about that
>>
>>423958925
>muh /pol/ boogerman
Leave
>>
File: 1517719343158.gif (1.47 MB, 320x240)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>423944938
I would fire her, but personally, I like making money so I'm abit biased.
>>
>>423958905
Fucking lol
>>
>>423944938
You dont want anyone that mentally ill and ideologically possessed to work at your company

You think this was the first instance of this madness? She probably bullies and harasses coworkers all the time whilst acting like a victim

She was bad for public relations swell
>>
>>423958706
And then everyone stood up and clapped.
>>
>>423959001
He's right, child.
>>
>>423959001
>boogerman
Finally some video game talk
>>
>>423958927
>/=/
The fuck is this?
>>
>>423959096
>pretending to be another person to defend your post
You have to go back.
>>
>>423954706
>being glad of the death of another human being
I would have fired her right there and then and I didn't even like TB.
>>
File: 1529642240657.webm (1.04 MB, 640x360)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB WEBM
>>423958924
post one time a thread like this wasn't about video games, I'll wait
>>
>>423959173
Maybe it's a new board.
>>
>>423959174
>samefag deflection
Good admittance of defeat, child.
>>
>>423958518
Rando is just shorthand for random, it means any common person you do not know.
>>
>>423959174
Some people can see IP, just throwing that out there incase you were an idiot.
>>
>>423958243

She boasts so hard for such pathetic little credentials. Her ego must be soap-bubble fragile.

Meanwhile you look at the actual royalty of game writing like Avellone and you see he has never said a mean thing to a customer, not even when they were actively trying to fuck with him. Because he knows how it works. People who are actually good at this job know who pays their bills.
>>
>>423959270
>i win meme
>>
>>423945157
4chan is the epitome of hate for hates sake ??????????????????
>>
File: 1529528067964.jpg (275 KB, 750x1120)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>423959314
Rando is shorthand for el rando, it means it's racist
>>
File: 7f2.jpg (117 KB, 587x645)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>423959359
Wait....you can see me pee?
>>
>>423959376
>shitposts win BTFO
Last reply, child.
>>
>>423959472
Aww i wanted another (You)

Give me milkies mommmy
>>
>>423959359
no they cannot
>>
File: 1529786282240.jpg (15 KB, 600x375)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>423959452
Shut up carlos
>>
File: C7kLXzmXQAEyZJn.jpg (83 KB, 1200x916)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>423958428
2 friends
>>
>>423959194
Coming from the people that called in bomb threats on girl gamers
>>
File: crl.png (74 KB, 268x232)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>423959472
>>
>>423959542
yes, some can.
>>
>>423959643
>you people
Crypto racist/sexist much
>>
>>423958243
Microsoft flight needs a community manager?
Did she crash and burn it so hard they don't make the games anymore?
>>
>>423959643

You know that shit was literally made up by the "victims", right? People checked with the cops.
>>
God I fucking hate twiter

Thanks to this cunt of a thread I'm down the cringiest, smuggest SJW comic/gaming rabbit hole of accounts ever

God damn my life I'm not even political or white but the alt-right doesn't bug me this much.
>>
>>423954015
they have a master mailing list where they all coordinate with each other and engage in cartel behavior
>>
>>423958243
So does a community manager just monitor the forums?
>>
>>423956613
>Never had social media
>still don't have a cell phone
>work from home while watching anime.

Other people can fuck off.
>>
Unequivocally yes.
>>
>>423955463
He should be fired but it's not like he can fire himself. This is like asking Trump to impeach himself.
>>
>>423946057
I think she looks more like the guy on the right
>>
>>423959901
Actually it's a message board for elite types. And it really isn't that exclusive, just heavily moderated.
>>
>>423959879
The cops were the ones that confirmed it
>>
>>423958905
nice
>>
>>423959643
I did that? I must have amnesia or something because I don't remember doing anything of the like.
>>
>>423954706
To be fair tv was an arse on Twitter as well.
>>
>>423959997
Given all the latest information, especially after strzoks shit today, maybe she doesn't deserve to get fired. Maybe it's that kind of situation.
>>
>>423954993
He's one of the co-founders of the studio he works for. He's a director with a track record of directing good games. He also blocks shitposters who shitpost him because they hear he blocks people for shitposters. And most importantly, he doesn't go fucking nuclear at his studio's partner and tweet how he's being harassed on account of his gender.

Christ, maybe we should adopt Singapore's anti-race baiting laws and apply it to all forms of intersectional cancer. All these people bitching about fucking nothing has done more to divide communities and societies more than anything else.
>>
>>423959413
4chan is a website of peace and /v/ is a board of peace fuck off fag
>>
>>423960031
Those people have been known to falseflag for victim points.
Some had literally been caught doing it like batshit wu.
Who knows how many twitter bot they've got spamming shit at themselves.
>>
>>423959929
>t. customer service
>>
>>423960250
>All these people bitching about fucking nothing has done more to divide communities and societies more than anything else.
In some ideologies, that is the goal.
>>
>>423960031
If cops confirmed it, why did the FBI investigation find nothing?
>>
>>423960645
Here's the FBI report on it, courtesy of FOIA.

https://vault.fbi.gov/gamergate/Gamergate%20Part%2001%20of%2001/view
>>
>>423954993
>Kamiya
Can write
>Price
Can't
>>
>>423960794
And yeah, it proved your statement. The threats of violence attributed to Gamergate were nothing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.