[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

We were having a pretty good thread about MH lore. Lets talk a little bit more about it and what Xeno'Jiiva's deal is.
Feel free to post rooms too.
>>
>>431514497
Looks like a fucking alien. Is Monster Hunter even good?
>>
>>431515130
Here's a better question: are you stupid?
>>
>Finally complete Snowbaron 1 set
>No slots
Damn. Vault is a nice skill through since I'm almost always attacking in the air.
>>
What differentiates Elder Dragons from normal monsters?
>>
>>431516836
None of the deviant sets have any slots at all since they usually have good skills to begin with. At least for high rank Dreadking was pretty much the best set. With G rank equipmemt though, none of the deviant sets really justify the effort it takes to max them out.
>>
>>431515130
It is an alien
>>
>>431516929
Elder dragons are avatars of the elements. They can change the weather and can create new lands with their corpses.
>>
Do you think Nergigante will be in Smash?
>>
>>431516929
The lore excuse is they are a force of nature, have some sort of "magical" power that can't be explained (kirin controls thunder, val kills and revives monsters, teostra can manipulate fire around it instead of just firing from the mouth like other monsters, etc).

The problem is...others like nergigante, the only explanation for him it's the supernatural regeneration, but he's pretty much the wolverine of elder dragons, just a lot of regen and long claws.

Gameplay explanation? We don't want you to use traps on them or capture them, oh and they drop elder blood/bones.
>>
How high would you rank Bloodbath in terms of strength against other monsters?
>>
File: 51281372_p0.jpg (635 KB, 2127x3007)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
>>431514497
>""""""alien""""""" dragon
>looks like one of the most bog standard ass dragons in the game barring weird skin and false eyes
>>
File: 1536711221595m.jpg (217 KB, 724x1024)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
I want to abandon the Handler in the wilderness until she gets impregnated
>>
>>431517740
The alien dragon explanation was shit, it's just a combination of a lot of elder dragon DNA, and its skin it's like than from being born, I would have loved to see an adult Jhiiva, probably a bigger and faster lao shan lung.
>>
>>431517951
I would have loved to not save her from Deviljho, if she was so hungry to be that stupid she deserved the pickle dick.
>>
>>431518062
this
reminder that what you fought was you literally murdering an infant babby
the only one of it's kind
>>
who would win between jetpack dragon and nergigante? both are top tier fights in there respective games
>>
>>431517729
At least as high as the other monsters with theme transitions
>>
>>431518286
Valstrax meteor suplexes Nergigante, cracking the continent. Nergigante backs off to heal. Valstrax flies off.
>>
>>431518184
That's another funny thing about MH games, they still can't explain how can you kill 100s of the same monster when it is rare or almost extinct.

The only one who saves from it is zorah magdaros because you can only repel it (even when it is the ONLY monster in the entire series that wants to die).
>>
>>431518286
Hunters are the only one that would keep attacking nergigante to negate its regeneration, as much damage as any other monster does, nerg would just keep regenerating.
>>
File: 1499293905596.jpg (32 KB, 400x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>431514497
Link to the other thread? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>431518286
Being able to dive bomb from orbit and survive the landing puts things in Valstrax's favor

It also doesn't have any auras to negate and is actually a weird case of an elder dragon being weak to everything except dragon, which it's completely resistant to
>>
>>431518721
>>431455714
>>
>>431518453
because you killing the same monster many times is just gameplay
it's not really "canon"
>>
>>431518889
Thanks babe
>>
>>431518453
I like to think that canonically every quest is only taken once

Of course, this doesn't really explain things like every appearance of gore and shaggy after low rank caravan quests in 4U, but still
>>
>>431514497
>Xeno'Jiiva's deal

Who cares? I'm more concerned about Zorah dying in the ocean and wrecking havoc on the ecosystem. Lagiacrus and Gobul in MHW when?
>>
>>431518453
>That's another funny thing about MH games, they still can't explain how can you kill 100s of the same monster when it is rare or almost extinct.

I've been under the impression that that's a game convention and it isn't meant to reflect on reality. Because to think otherwise is kind of fucking stupid, y'know? No offense? You needing to kill, like, 6 Rathians to make one suit of fucking armor and a couple of blades? Don't be stupid.

Like, canonically speaking you don't 'farm' monster, you don't literally grind away killing these monsters dozens of times, obviously. You hunt maybe a handful of them one after another and then your town trusts you enough to basically throw you at the problem monster and then you kill it.

Monster Hunter's probably don't kill more than 30 large monsters (perhaps not counting Raptors or large Lizards) their whole career. The vast majority of them most likely never even encountering or fighting an Elder Dragon in the first place; unless perhaps it's one those MASSIVE ones that are simply too large and too predictable to not encounter like the Mohrans, Ceadus, Lao-shan, and maybe Kirin? I get the feeling Kirin is pretty common.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (116 KB, 360x480)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>431516929
>What differentiates Elder Dragons from normal monsters?

An Elder Dragon by the strictest sense of classification is any Animal capable of dramatically changing or influencing the entire environment around it just by it's mere presence alone. So, basically, if you can make it hot, cold, rain, or drought or you're just so impossibly massive that you're part of the landscape you get to be an Elder Dragon.

That said, does anybody know why Chameleos is considered an Elder Dragon? As far as I know he can't do anything interesting? He's just a big fuckin' Chameleon???
>>
>>431517170
it's not
>>
File: 7483843_p2.jpg (336 KB, 800x800)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>431520575
There's a whole subset of the Guild devoted to keeping tabs on elder dragons and other particularly dangerous monsters, they're the ones in the balloons you can wave at

In "canon" there's probably a lot more tracking and peaceful observation going on rather than running to a monster's den in 30 seconds and beating it to death in 10 minutes
>>431521260
Chameleos is probably the only one who's an elder dragon simply for having six limbs, but that toxic mist it shits everywhere it goes probably isn't safe for civilians with weak constitutions
>>
Fun fact: Xeno's monster parts are the only ones with flavor text
>>
>>431521260
goes invisible
>>
>tfw 250 hours in and i only just found out that i can use the canteen and restock stuff from the camp during a hunt
>>
>Eat for Defense Up M
>Two skills activated: Felyne Defender Lo and Felyne Defender Hi
Hello, invincibility.
>>
>>431521910

Well at least you didn't use the camp as a crutch.
>>
>>431521910

I'm like 24 hours in and am only discovering now that I can go into the tent and drop off items I've harvested AND access my item box.

I always knew I could change my equipment in there, but had no idea I can just literally do every-fucking-thing out in the bush save craft equipment and maybe find new quests?

I fucking love this new MH.
>>
I'm down to host a 4U room for a bit, but since both World and GU are the hot memes right now I'm not sure what the interest would be.
>>
>>431522661
I didn't even know the tent did anything. I though tit was just for decoration.
>>
>>431522681
I still play 4U, I'm up for some huntan
>>
>>431519930
Zorah was reeking havoc going after Xeno'Jiiva. He is supposed to die in the ocean that makes new land.
>>
>>431522853
Neat. Give me a minute to move myself closer to my router and I'll slap up a room.
>>
>>431522764
>I didn't even know the tent did anything. I though tit was just for decoration.

Oh, dude, no, the tent is so fucking useful.
Alright, get this: it's an actual tent and you can go inside of it and change your armor, weapons, access your fucking items, your character even sits inside and drinks TEA.
It's great, I think the only thing you can't do in it is sleep? Which is kind of ironic.
>>
>>431523004
You can't sleep but it recovers your health the same iirc.
>>
>>431518286
Nergigante has already proven to have strength that exceeds everything in Monster Hunter if it can reach its target. Val needs to hit him up close and it's not fucking happening.
>>
Hey MH vets what's the chances that they'd release an expansion pack/big DLC thing for MHW?
>>
>>431522954
Big Room 4U
ID: 10-8576-8377-6451
Pass: 1234

Get the heck in here
>>
>>431523232
120%

Expect Monster Hunter World Ultimate somewhere down the line
>>
>>431523232
Is water wet?
>>
>>431523423
>>431523428
thanks sexy
>>
>>431523232
I wouldn't call myself a Vet as I've only been playing the series for around 2 years but I've beaten MH4U and MHW (for the most part) and am working through GU.

My opinion is that its possible they could do a G rank kind of thing which I would consider an expansion/large DLC

I'm not sure I understand what they could do about tempered considering that its kinda replaced G rank (for now at least) without actually giving much in the way of anything substantial IMO

personally I think tempered is too much of a hassle for nothing really all that interesting or helpful in the long run. Especially Arch Tempered. Just obnoxious

I DO hope they do something though. and I'd like them to unfuck gems for one. also they better fucking add more diverse monsters. Its fucking stupid that 90% of the highest rank gear is explosive or dragon or fire. not to mention how few weapons actually end up with white sharpness when purple exists
>>
File: bagel vs pickle.png (1.7 MB, 1307x624)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>bagel dropping in while fighting the pickle
>pickle bites bagel
>bagelgeuse explodes dealing 1200 dmg to deviljho
is having explosive scales the strongest defense?
>>
>>431523180
Has it? As far as I can tell, it's been preying on already dying elder dragons.
>>
>>431523802
I'm talking strength feats it's shown through our encounters against it and how it fares in turf wars against Elder Dragons. It choke slams all of them with little to no effort. Not a single Elder Dragon barring the gigantic tier ones can compete against Nerg in strength.
>>
>>431523232
>Hey MH vets what's the chances that they'd release an expansion pack/big DLC thing for MHW?

I feel like an Expansion would benefit this game and the community more so than selling an entirely new "Ultimate" Game that would not only split the community, upset a lot of people who feel they're buying the same game "twice", and not catch the eye of "normies" who don't really understand or register subtle differences like an 'ultimate' version.

It also just feels like MH World is run and operated a lot more like an MMORPG with seasonal content, promotional monsters, new 'bosses' added to the game at a somewhat decent rate or schedule, and so forth... So an Expansion would be a better fit.

Though, the deal here is we're talking Capcom. Capcom is fucking retarded, so they may just fall back on being fucking stupid and do something, just, completely beyond the scope of reason.
>>
>>431523180
They say that it got repelled by every elderdragon it attacked so it's fucking hungry
>>
>>431523998
It choke slams weak and dying Elder Dragons.
They came to the new world to die.
Once the Elder Dragons that were in better conditions arrived, attracted by Xeno, he started jobbing to them.
You're straight up told that Nergigante hasn't landed a kill since you chased Zorah off and that he's now rather irritated and overly brutal because he's starving.
>>
How long until a sequel/update? I'm about 60 hrs in and already running out of interest because there doesn't seem like anything beyond tempered elders.
>>
>>431523687

will there ever be a more intimidating monster than pickle? his design is top fucking notch

the only other thing that's scarier was the alpha frenzied rajang in 4u
>>
>>431524653
>I'm about 60 hrs in and already running out of interest
>I'm about 60 hrs
yeah i wish every games will stay fucking fresh after 60 fucking hours too
>>
>>431524653
pc is getting updates "at an accelerated rate", and i'd expect (based on absolutely nothing) to hear an announcement for g-rank sometime around the holidays
>>
>>431524829
I'm coming from previous monhun games which definitely introduced new content past the 60hr mark.
>>
File: 1494863765808.jpg (28 KB, 400x413)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>that Azure Rathalos Arena Quest
>>
>>431524939
MH games that had G rank, I assume?
>>
>>431524982
literally easier than the Tzitzi Ya-Ku
Just pick hammer or w/e and abuse the ledge near the front or the slide at the back
You're also given a fuckton of supplies so use those as well
>>
File: 1444661634120.png (77 KB, 233x227)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>431524982
>Any monster with Rath in its name
>>
>>431514497
I wish vaal was an aborted xeno that gained life through the midichlorians
>>
>>431521260
>can become invisible
>spews poison gas like a fucking fog machine
>actually pretty fucking fast
You dense?
>>
>>431514497
I think each 10 years, after every elder dragon migration, a xeno'jiiva is born
>>
>>431525594
bring flashpods and 10 bugs to make more flashpods
problem solved
>>
Zorah Magdaros wasn't just attracted by Xeno like all the other Elder Dragons. Zorah was gathering energy and breaking its way through natural formations that the Guild couldn't no matter how hard they tried and stopped for nothing.

Zorah knew about Xeno and was going to make sure it died in the womb by blasting the entire island to hell to make sure it couldn't survive. Zorah was scared of what Xeno could do if it let it live.
>>
>>431517729
Deviants are pretty much the bridge between normal monsters and elders in terms of powerlevel.
>>
>>431521260
He farts poison gas like no tomorrow and can cover a whole ecosystem with it, plus he's harder to find while hiding in said poison fart mist.
>>
>>431525690
overkill
that mosquito won't stand a chance
>>
File: 1521966926185.png (573 KB, 917x738)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
So I just hunted Mantis Gear. Why is that fucker so fun to fight?
>>
So is there a whole race of Xenojivas living on the moon?
>>
Noob question here. I'm maining long sword. Does the moveset change depending on which long sword I craft or will it be the exact same 4 hit combo and special "jump and miss target" hit ?
>>
>>431516929
I have no idea what bs headcanon those other three are talking about, Elder Dragons are just powerful monsters that defy normal classification and are evolutionarily different from other monsters (e.g. four legs and wings like Teostra and Nergigante, entirely abnormal body shape like Kirin or Narkarkos)
>>
Is there any lore involving Khezu?
>>
>>431517951
why does this image look so sinister
>>
>>
>>431526073
all weapons of the same class have the same moveset (with the minor exception of hbg)
>>
>>431521260
>That said, does anybody know why Chameleos is considered an Elder Dragon?
He is gay so he has allowed to be one for the sake of diversity.
>>
>>431516929
Elder dragons are older
>>
>>431526223
Because it's a "bad ending".
>>
Sapphire Star being the latest hunter, what are the names of lgendary hunters before from the other games? Do any of them have any interaction with each other?
>>
>>431526223

Shes not pregnant. Shes filled to the brim, belly distended out and swollen to bursting with monster meat that was roasted over a fire. She can really eat alot.
>>
I know this game isn't big on the story or anything, but how the fuck did the Commander of the Fifth Fleet think capturing Zorah Magdaros would exactly work? How the fuck do you keep a monster like that captive?
>>
>>431526531
wood and ropes
>>
>>431526531
>shooting five ropes at it should do the trick
>>
>>431521260

>why is chameleos an elder dragon?

Elder dragons are anything that falls outside of the normal classifications for monster types that the Guild has. Usually things that are absolutely massive in size, have strange and unique abilitys, are incredibly rare and powerful specimens, or are massive threats to other living things and populations. Chameleos is a large dragon that goes around poisoning fucking everything around it with toxic gas, and it can go 100% invisible. Its not a typical monster, and therefore is classified as an elder dragon.

Im honestly surprised that they dont classify Deviljho as an elder dragon, just because of how much damage it causes.
>>
>>431526531
i don't think it's actually supposed to work, since you can't capture an elder dragon
you would think a research fleet would point that out but i guess not
>>
>>431526382
There's Doodle from 4
>>
>>431526531
I guess they wanted to hold it in that gathering hub arena of theirs.
>>
>>431526749
He wanted to be the first one in the world to try and succeed. Personally I would have started with something smaller like Nergigante or Kirin, but I guess the madman was actually trying to restrain Zorah and keep it restrained while it was awake but too weak to break free.
>>
>>431526704
Deviljho is just a fucking child having temper tantrums. Its far from elder status. If anything it could be the OG deviant. There's no telling how many hunters its taken down before facing a real hunter_(You).
>>
>New world was created by a giant Dalamadur hundreds of years ago
>did its meteor attack on something and accidently, or purposefully, brought down a massive meteor that killed it
>between the materials in the meteor and the dalamadurs decaying body, the new world areas like rotten vale, coral highlands and elders recess was created
>at the same time a xenojiva egg was on that meteor, and it survived the crash into the planet and incubated in elders recess, sending out a signal that drew in certain elder dragons to die there so it could collect their energy
>>
>>431522764
>just for decoration.
Decorations are the only thing you can't change in it
>>
>>431517549
Nergigante is classified as an Elder Dragon cause he straight up eats other Elder Dragons.
>>
>>431526704
Pickle is not an Elder Dragon because tranquilizers work on him.
>>
Kind of a longshot but does anyone know where to find some kind of guides for Monsters AoE attacks in MHGU? Just got the Valstrax Urgent and i can't measure his attacks properly, same thing with Gammoth, im hitting them when suddenly i get sent flying with half my hp bar and i don't know what the fuck happened.

Doesn't help that camera goes apeshit when you're on monster's crotch.
>>
>>431527062
Aren't Dalamadur meteors just rocks it spits out?
>>
>>431527062
MHWorld is a spinoff of Metroid Prime 3?
>>
When does PC get taroth/lunastra
>>
>>431526247
Shaggy is nothing if you can avoid his lunges. Frenzy Virus means jack shit if you keep attacking his face. Now Brachydios, that one's a pain in the ass to fight. So many explosions just kicking me around everywhere, and his club tail is armored so cutting off his tail is a pain.
>>
File: 1533088511122.jpg (181 KB, 500x401)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Anyone here know when I should bother scouting out a team of great prowlers/palicoes?
I heard that if you wait til a certain HR you have an easier time finding strong ones or something, is that true?

It would be nice if I had a strong prowler that would be ideal for endgame too earlier on so I could play through all the prowler quests with it.
Someone please answer.
>>
>>431527385
This is a MH lore thread, not gameplay so i didn't post it because he's strong.

I posted because his ability is retardedly overpowered.
"everything non-elder dragon kilometers distant from me dies without me doing anything, i just have to wait and go eat". Not even other elders or even White Fatalis have shit like that.
>>
File: wyverians.jpg (288 KB, 1902x928)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
When will they finally let us play as wyverians?
>>
The more I play the more i feel bad for killing most of the monster. Espessially Jiiva. It did nothing wrong, like most of them. We just came to the new land and started genocide. Zorah came there just to die, but fuck him we not allow this. READY THE DRAGONATOR
>>
I don't get the new world thing. I remember the maps in Tri being called the new world or something
>>
>>431527304
I want Ignition and Dante shit.
>>
>>431527660

Story and lore wise, very few monsters are actually killed. Usually only monsters that are attacking villages, or are moving dangerously close to populated areas. A single large monster has enough materials to supply a whole town with armor and weapons and food. And many are captured to be studied by the guild and released later.

Gameplay wise hundreds of thousands of monsters are killed every hour every day.
>>
>>431527660
Weird how nobody called out world on its colonisation themes.
>>
>>431516929
whats the difference between an apex predator and a regular predator
>>
>we'll never get a monster hunter game with a huge focus on story that really gets into the lore

Id even take an animu at this point. I want to see all the dark shit the guild is up to behind the scenes, and what day to day life is like for people in the MH world.
>>
>>431528003
I'd prefer an anime. The intro cinematics to Generations and GU were great.
>>
>>431527865
isn't monsters surviving a hunter attack the origin of hypers or deviants or something like that?
like it seems that the guild is just creating a bigger problem by catch and release
>>
>>431527643
I want a Meowstress fanny pack for my dick
>>
File: 1535813229157.jpg (594 KB, 1384x1834)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>431528003
You're in luck, a Monster Hunter movie is being made!
>>
>>431527304
I hope we don't get Kulve, what a cancerous fight and grind to get the shit you want.
>>
>>431527643
What would a footjob from a wyverian feel like?
>>
>>431528003
There is an anime!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsl_xSpxn_s
>>
>>431528058
When monsters defeat hunters they get experience and eventually level up into deviants. When they get captured and set free they get their experience set back to 0
>>
tempered elders are just such a chore, just teostra walking into you not even attacking instantly removes 100 health like what the fuck
>>
>>431528174
i hate this
>>
>>431526531
The commander is retarded leave him alone
>>
>>431528127
This, fuck that power creep slot machine. Why do people want even less weapon variety?
>>
>>431526531
If he wasn't an elder dragon, you could've used a trap and some tranq bombs.
>>
File: Vaal vape.png (694 KB, 751x749)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>431528003
There's a movie being made and it's ISEKAI featuring Mila Jovovich because fuck you this is going to be the new RE movies
>>
>>431528328
I want to see Zorah fall into a pitfall trap.
>>
>>431528058
Deviants are monsters that defeated the hunters sent after them and escaped the Guild's monitoring, and grew too strong for their own good by the time the Guild found them again. They're practically walking disasters just in and of themselves.
>>
>>431528262
It's not like Jho did wonders for variety, Dark Devourer is still the best all purpose weapon in the game by a wide margin
>>
File: what the fuuuuuck.jpg (387 KB, 1966x475)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>431528174
>>
File: 20180913224651_1.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>431523687
I had the almost same perfect shot but got it one second too late.
Not pictured the quest over screen.
>>
>>431528385
Magda is better for online though
>>
File: 1524993338262.jpg (193 KB, 1024x576)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>been farming tempered elder dragons without any issue
>got fuck all shining and warrior stones
>tempered pickle is only for those
I'll just kill it once and call it a day, can we actually get fucking something or events with more armors. layered armors and weapons that we are missing from consoles. Shouldn't be Kulve the next one to show up on PC?
>>
>>431528449
Only in pubs and if we go by that metric you might as well throw 90% of weapon builds and strats out the window
>>
>>431528517
Well that is the norm, 4 players running identical loadouts for the sake of speedrunning is not how the game was intended.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>431525596
>>
>>431527869
Normies and the sjw crowd either didn't play it or were to braindead to notice the theme
>>
File: DIE JARJAR DIE.png (455 KB, 488x375)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>431528356

I hope the movie fucking flops hard, and they never attempt another live action one ever again.

>story is that a portal to our world opens up and MH creatures come through the portal
>military fights the monsters and is losing hard
>they cant close the portal and more and more shit keeps coming through
>they send Milo Jovovovoich through the portal to the MH world so she can close it from the other side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duK8okgQNIU
>>
>>431528174
I love how you dont even see a single monster
>>
File: 1509928106575.jpg (151 KB, 640x480)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>431528174
What the fuck?
>>
>>431516929
I thought elder dragons were practically a class of "shit idk" monsters
>>
I know this is a lore thread, but how the fuck does the BIG FISH mini-game work?

I've done the quick time events and still lost fish, am I supposed to spam something inbetween or what's the deal? I love fishing in this game, btw.
>>
>>431528794
Correct
>>
>>431528586
>4 players running identical loadouts for the sake of speedrunning is not how the game was intended.
They atleast intended 2 or 3 of them because how beautifully high resistances fucking are making hammer near useless unless you got HH and another Hammer bro.
>>
>>431528820
I just kept spamming B even while the prompt wasn't on the screen and have never failed one of those
>>
>>431528820
Spam B (or whatever you hit to reel in) the entire time.
>>
>>431528701
It's actually worse than that. The MC is an "ordinary" guy that learns that he's descended from Hunters and he travels to MH world to train with Mila I suppose in order to defend earth. Just like my japanese animays
>>
>>431528586
>Well that is the norm
4U, most people I know play with friends or solo.
>4 players running identical loadouts for the sake of speedrunning
Not even talking about that, because that's the scenario that Zorah 2 is better than Dark Devourer to begin with since you can sleep-para-trap-sleep-para-trap to death most monsters.

But if we judge if the game has variety in builds by what you take online first of all you might as well throw entire weapon classes out the window like Hammer and SNS. Also any sleep build, any explosive build
>>
>>431528701
I bet the Sonic the Hedgehog movie will end up better than this.
>>
>>431528794
Paolumu is CUTE.
>>
>>431528174
DELETE THIS
>>
>>431525647
>can become invisible
that one variant of Nargacuga
>spews poison gas like a fucking fog machine
poison isnt that special, it just fires it from the mouth like most other creatures
>actually pretty fucking fast
Its no Garuga
>>
>>431525703
Is any of the monster in MH intelligence?
I thought Zorah and the other elders went to Xeno out of instinct, like moth to a flame
>>
>>431514497
>MH
>Lore

Go away Kogath
>>
>>431527865
>Story and lore wise, very few monsters are actually killed
This. In previous games, the only canon hunts were the quests. Even if you repeat 6 times the Rathalos quest, it didn't mean you killed 6 rathalos, only 1.
In 3 and 4 they gave you permision to hunt some monster without a quest.
In World, you kill more monsters thanks to investigations, but you need to trust (((The Guild)))
>>
>>431521260
Better question if that's the criteria, why isn't Jho an elder dragon? Fucker is a walking extinction event.
>>
>>431528174
literally SOL garbage
even MH stories: Ride On was more faithful to the franchise
>>
>>431528896
>>431528701
How do people keep forgetting how stupid the He-Man movie's plot was?
>>
>>431529031
Because he have a classification, i think
Brute wyvern
>>
>>431528994
Wyverians are just intelligent monsters that tricked the humans into not killing them
>>
File: disgust ultron.png (188 KB, 524x336)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>MH movie goes into production this month
>>
File: 1499088734010.png (50 KB, 291x303)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>431529234
>all that budget that could've been spent on a better game
>>
File: mh kulve taroth.jpg (941 KB, 1500x1035)
941 KB
941 KB JPG
>>431528994

Dragons like Fatalis are said to be fully sentient, and many of the other elder dragons like Kushala/Teo/luna are incredibly intelligent.

Fatalis were the dragons that started hating on humans for mass slaughtering hundreds of thousands of wyverns and dragons, and began the dragon war that knocked humans and wyverians back into the stone age.
>>
>>431529234
Are you talking about the hollywood one?
That's not an MH movie, that's just a movie that happens to have some MH monsters on it
>>
>>431529451
I want to fuck that monster.
>>
>>431527643

>Third Fleet Master is voiced by Mistral's VA

Oh yes
>>
>>431529383
Capcom isn't making the movie you silly billy
>>
>>431528127
>I hope we don't get kulve
I just want more monsters. Tempered elder dragons are getting boring
>>
File: 1358299313204.jpg (167 KB, 598x573)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>431529234
I guess this part of Capcom will never be cured. Keep in mind they also wanted to make a movie for Donte may cry if it succeeded.
>>
>>431527643

>be race that lives for hundreds of years, but you slowly shrink into a fucking goblin as you age
>>
>>431529527
>ywn fuck a monster
>best you can do is constantly bully them with speedruns.
>ywn also be able to taste monster meat
>>
File: 1432997795372.png (12 KB, 371x358)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>431529593
are you telling me that someone PAID them to be allowed to make a movie?
>>
>>431529652
Watching the meowster chef cook makes me so fucking hungry
>>
>>431529660
Yes, why? I don't fucking know. God forbid they could've just made a movie about White Fatalis but NOOO
>>
>>431516929
The guy who talks about it in World has the best explanation.

They just shove whatever doesn't really fit in with the established monster types into Elder Dragons.
>>
File: 1459905115817.gif (1009 KB, 500x280)
1009 KB
1009 KB GIF
>>431529652
I've always wanted one of those steaks in monster hunter. Granted I probably would only be able to finish like half of it
What a shitty timeline we live in where there is no animal big enough for shit like that.
>>
File: FUCK.png (65 KB, 181x172)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>431529725

>playing late at night
>pretty hungry
>walk over to canteen and see that HUGE car sized roast cooking up in the oven behind the chef
>when he puts that huge steak on the grill and slices it up
>that huge pot of soup the cats are stiring
>platter of food you get with all those skewers of meat and shrimp
>can see what looks like roasted chicken with crispy skin
>Im now fucking starving
>>
File: 001.jpg (38 KB, 500x280)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>431529451
>human face
cop-out
>>
>>431529234
>not hoping that our game gets an ok movie
anon if you were a real hunter you would be hoping for the best not spreading shit until we see more information on it.
lets hope they do more research and stop rath from waling on its wings
>>
I want Molten Tigrex in World!
>>
>>431528174
what the flying fuck is this
>>
>>431530129
I want my boy dios back.
>>
>>431530187
Brachy is cool too
>>
>>431529605
Kulve is as much a fight as Xeno or Zorah
>>
>>431524692
I don't get the appeal of him but I'm a pc worldbab. Was he more threatening in previous games? He looks so goofy to me and he ended up being a ridiculous easy fight. I'm still shit enough to die to half the elder dragons too.
>>
File: 1533830559230.png (532 KB, 968x670)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
>>431530109
>will be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson
>story is LITERALLY isekai shit
>>
>tfw my current LS in GU is actually a fucking naginata
love the weapon designs in this game, there's all kinds of crazy shit.
>>
>>431530342
He used to kill if you didn't dung pod his grab
>>
>>431529994
This better?
>>
File: brachyDIOs.png (285 KB, 514x502)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>431530187
is that a jojo reference?
>>
>>431530327
That sucks, is his armor at least any good?
>>
>>431530342
He's a HR6-7 monster. .
>>
>>431530394
>Hunting G rank jho in mh4u
>forgot to replenish dung bombs
>grabbed 30 secs into the fight
>he eats my whole life bar
>>
File: 5 stars.gif (1.24 MB, 444x250)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
>>431530432
thank you
>>
>>431530537
Too good, but the best thing Kulve has are RNG weapon drops for each weapon class, some of which are fucking broken good and completely random to get (like the Glutton spread HBG). Deco farm 2.0
>>
>>431530537

>his

The kulve you face in game is a she.
>>
hey kid, you wanna buy some bird wyvern fangs?
>>
>>431530537
It's GOLDEN
>>
>>431530537
It looks good
>>
>>431530342
he's like bazel where he's only really threatening if he shows up when you're already targeting another monster

>>431530537
>he
also the waist is pretty good in free element builds since it also has handicraft on it
she also drops relic weapons which can be straight up better versions of already existing weapons
>>
I'm finally getting back into world - is blast damage just nuts or what? I crafted some dual blades from zorah magdaros and they're just shitting on monsters.
>>
>>431528701
>that vid
wait why is rathalos doing the tigrex roar
>>
>>431528356
>>431528701
>Paul Fucking Anderson doing a MH movie about monsters invading New York
Sounds exactly like that shitty Dragon Wars garbage that came out some years back.
>>
I am on the fence about getting Monster Hunter World. Ever since I got sick I'm just plain bad at video games. Not journalist tier, but I don't improve because I get frustrated too quickly and either give up or stop enjoying the small pleasures of mastering things.

But it looks fun nonetheless, fuck
>>
>>431531327
hey, I liked D-Wars
>>
>>431521910
i was like 120 hours in before i decided to press start during a monster death/capture scene
>>
>>431528701
>>
>>431523998
Yeah, but that's because the elder trio are all faggots
>>
>trying out insect glaive
>bazel armor for earplugs/jump master and gem in non-elemental
>power prolonger charm
>diablos glaive with blast/speed kinsect
>not good at all, -30% affinity sucks

I guess I can't avoid using Nergi glaive if I wanna keep going with this right? Not doing clown armors, keeping it between A and B versions at most.
>>
>>431520575
>Monster Hunter's probably don't kill more than 30 large monsters (perhaps not counting Raptors or large Lizards) their whole career

i assume hunters are genetic freaks, another remnant of the ancient high tech civilization that made elder dragons and dragon tech in the first place. If you pretend that hunters are descendents of vat grown superhumans then it's perfectly reasonable for them to fight large monsters regularly, it's why they exist
>>
>people still think this is a horse

fucking westerners
>>
When is PC getting the rest of the DLC monsters?
we got deviljho
>>
File: equal dragon weapon.jpg (212 KB, 1059x753)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
I hope one day they finally go back and make a game that focuses more on the ancient civilization. The most we have gotten is Fatalis being fucking pissed in the first game.
>>
>>431531887
fuck off lore fag
>>
>>431531726
what's wrong with this giraffe?
>>
>>431516929
Traps don't work on them.

I choose to believe that if a Yian Kut-Ku was born that was identical to every other Kut-Ku except that traps did not work, it would be classified as, like, Spicy Kut-Ku and put in the Elder Dragon category.
>>
>>431531887
Man I love shit like that. Man made amalgamations that are way stronger than they are worth/capable of.

Basically a nuke allegory but more interesting. Similar thing exists with Castlevania: Lament of Innocence's bonus boss the forgotten one
>>
>>431532054
this is literally a lore thread
>>
File: 1470300794644.png (106 KB, 299x268)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>431521260
he steals ur shit
>>
>>431531168
Its alright, it got nerfed to high hell in world and the build up required for a blast proc can be huge for a tiny 120 damage like 3-4 times a fight.
You'd honestly be better just with on element weapons or just go full support with para dualies.
>>
>>431527869
>nobody called out world on its colonisation themes

What colonization themes? MHW directly tells the player not to fuck with nature or natives despite having the player go out and kill monsters
>>
>>431523232
It be smarter if they released a DLC expansion or have a season pass because most people in the West aren't going to want by the game again. That said, since it's Capcom they're probably rerelease the game again then wonder why it didn't meet sales expectations and never release an ultimate addition again
>>
>>431517052
Silver Sol + Meme Earing is still the best high rank set, iirc
>>
>>431524117
>feel they're buying the same game "twice"

Why is this in quotes they would objectively be buying it twice, that is one of MH's largest issues asset reuse.

The new game would have all of the monsters from the first version of world to pad out the game, it has to be DLC.
>>
>>431527869
Did you miss Austin Walker literally bitching about it being a colonizationist's wet dream?
>>
>>431532164

Theres also that mantis monster that learned how to control an ancient dragon mech using its webs to move it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZnI4csT1w
>>
>>431532161
>Traps don't work on them.
Straight and redpilled
>>
>>431532293
para duals don't really exist in this game, there's exactly one and it needs free element and even then it sucks
>>
>>431532463
Seems more like a stretch to have something to bitch about than a legitimate concern.
>>
>>431532532
It's a pile of scrap it pulled into the shape of a dragon, not an ancient mech or anything retarded like that
>>
>>431532171
its literally a fuck you thread cunt
>>
>>431531726
The Monster Hunter version looks like a horse. Deal with it.
>>
>>431532674
Even more amazing that he made that on his own despite being a monster.

Are there any sentient monsters outside of elder dragons?
>>
>>431531618
haven't played in a while, but nergi or kulve para+elementless deco were the go-to choices
>>
>>431531887
fatalis had good reason to be pissed when humanity made abominations like that
>>
>>431532648
Taken from the review:
>In our current moment, the phrase “big game hunter” brings to mind the Trump sons posing with their kills, holding dead leopards and detached elephant trunks as sublimated stand-ins for wealth, privilege, and supposed masculine strength.

>But this association is older than the Trumps. For as long as the modern West has colonized—the act with which it marked itself as “the West”—it has reduced the lands in its margins to hunting grounds. Distant regions are places where bounty can be gained, both literal and metaphorical. Through the full set of low rank quests, Monster Hunter: World embodies exactly this colonialist fantasy: the pillaging of natural resources, the violence against native people, and the rhetorical establishment of the colonizer as civilized and rational.

Yeah Austin is retarded and I'd reckon the series is too hardcore for most SJWs to bother.
>>
>>431514497
We talkin a good game (MH:W) or a bad game (the rest)
>>
>>431531168
how 2 record
>>
>>431533197
Use the share button silly.
>>
Is health regen a good augment for the divine slasher in MHW?
>>
>>431532948
Guess I'll try making the Nergi glaive. Would've liked a non-elemental all-rounder but no clown = no skills. Praying for Grank.
>>
>>431531726
>looks like a scaly unicorn in game
>"STOP CALLING IT A HORSE!!"
>>
>>431533265
>Is health regen a good augment
No.
>>
>>431533352
Not him but I heard health regen on charge blade is good and doing and SAED is equivalent to a mega potion.
>>
>>431517951
source? I need it for my investigations
>>
>>431526531
Blow out it's limbs until it can't move anymore.
>>
>>431533352
>>431533450
What do i do then
>>
>>431533327
looks more like a snake with goat legs to me
>>
>>431531618
hazak wep + nergigante armor with a handicraft charm is probably the best overall loadout if you don't want to clown for whatever dumb reason
>>
>>431533265

Health regen only becomes "good" if its on a weapon with 2-3 augment slots, and you use Health Regen upgrades on all those slots.

But if you git gud, you dont have to worry about regenerating health and can instead upgrade the damage or the affinity, which are the only worthwhile augments.
>>
>>431527660
If Zorah had been allowed to die there the environment would have been irreversibly fucked.

Monster Hunter ain't real life - instead of humans fucking up the natural order, it's nature itself doing it.
>>
File: 1516941359279.jpg (790 KB, 2345x5905)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
>>
I'm bored of MHW buy I can't go back to the other titles now that it spoiled me. WU soon please
>>
File: 1517590040280.png (27 KB, 256x256)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>Finally got all animals
>lol no what about great fishes
Don't fucking tell me Marlin has a great fish version too
>>
>>431533791
Whenever I read a new "I could never go back to old MH, World just has too many QoL changes" garbage post I lose 0.1 IQ

I already went from 156 to 83
>>
>>431530537
>his
She's literally referred to as the 'Mother Goddess', and is wearing a bra. Armor is pretty good, but the real prizes here are the RNG weapons she drops. Most of them are pretty powerful when their hidden element is unlocked, especially the sleep/paralysis ones. In terms of the fight, its actually not so bad, and consists of 4 phases:
1.) Chase her around the first area while hitting her with cannons and dropping rocks on her head. Be sure to sniff footprints and whatnot to raise your collective Pursuit Level. When you do enough damage, she runs to Area 2.
2.) Here's where the actual fight begins. Chip away at her 'mantle' and smash off her 'bra' to make her run to the next area
3.) Focus on what's left of her 'mantle' until you break it off completely, 'releasing' her. Use the stalactites and lava eruptions to help the process. Make sure you broke the golden sheathing off of her horns first though, if you failed to do so in any of the previous phases. When she's completely naked, she runs to the final area.
4) Without all of that gold weighing her down, she gets fast, and starts spamming her whole 'Floor is lava' attack. You can cut off her tail here, but focusing your attacks on her horns until they break is the only way to beat her - once they shatter, she escapes, and you can carve her horns for weapons. She's the only monster in the whole franchise to date that you're not allowed to actually kill.
If you're too slow in any of the phases or have too low of a Pursuit Level, she flees and the mission fails. Likewise, she can repair her gold armor periodically if you're too slow before Phase 4, forcing you to start over again.
>>
File: its gold jerry.jpg (361 KB, 1050x1302)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>431533818

It does actually. Have fun trying to get it though.
>>
>>431533818
There is. Petricanths doesn't tho.
>>
>>431533610
I'll try that but no earplugs on that one. I'll see how far Rocksteady mantle can go with this.
>>
>>431528701
>west makes a movied that has only the monsters and has nothing else to do with MonHun

>>431528174
>east makes a movie that has only the waifus and very little else to do with MonHun

Don't get me wrong, the JP version is still shit, but better than the western garbage.
>>
>>431517549
The Researcher in World has a throwaway line about Nerg that goes something like
>We'll just do the same thing that we do with every monster that doesn't fit into any category, slap on an 'Elder Dragon' label and move on.
>>
>>431523687
Bagelgoose is the only one that gives Deviljho a run for his money.

Their turf war ends in a draw
>>
File deleted.
>world
not a real monster hunter, sorry kid
>>
File: 1492561228953.jpg (58 KB, 762x388)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>431533906
>>431533925
>Have some RNG over your RNG my dude
I don't mind fishing and exploring but fuck me if a dice roll decides if I get it or not.
>>
File deleted.
>>431534212
this desu
>>
>>431526531
even if you did catch it what would you do with it?
>>
>>431528701
If it has good monster v monster fights then it could be decent. Decent as a monster movie and not as a monster hunter movie that is.
>>
>>431533538
>literally neighs and gallops like a fuckin' pony
your move
>>
File: waterslide.jpg (58 KB, 500x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>431534312
>>
>>431534428
It's a bouncy castle.
>>
>>431534312

They wanted to study it. Its the only one ever seen, and they wanted to learn about its crazy lava powers and other stuff. But then they found it out was heading off to die in the vale/elders recess and it would be like a nuke going off wiping out fucking everything in the new world so they had to chase him out to sea.
>>
File: heavygood.gif (1.31 MB, 300x169)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB GIF
>>431534509
whatever makes you happy
>>
>>431532885
Felynes
>>
how the fuck does the athal-ka make the robot roar
>>
>>431522661
You can talk to the handler if you're on an expedition if you want to go on a new quest
>>
>>431534842
silly anon, felynes aren't monsters

they're people!
>>
>>431534883
Speakers, duh.
>>
>>431516929
>>431517549
>>431521260
all this dumb headcanon shit. correct answer is:
>>431529807
>>
I don't think any monster has made me as mad as this gypceros shit in quite a while

It's not even hard, it's just that it always does the opposite of what I think it does next
>surely now there is a window to - oops nope, get hit
>ok I know there is no window here so.. oh, guess now he's not doing anything
every single time this faggot goes directly against what I think he'll do next
>>
File: 1525770218318.jpg (601 KB, 1024x731)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>431534883
>>
>>431534842
Wait
Do traps work on felynes?
>>
File: 1535242828880.png (537 KB, 744x1052)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>431534947
would you kindly cease lewding the cats?
>>
>>431535096
no
>>
>>431533895
>She's the only monster in the whole franchise to date that you're not allowed to actually kill.
You don't kill Zorah either
>>
>Rustrazor Ceanataur
>only thing it really does is Glavenus' spin to win move every once in a while
>it doesn't even start with a Glavenus Skull half the time
>>
>>431534212
>>431534276
who is this qt
>>
File: Handler.png (2.55 MB, 1920x1080)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>She couldn't make it as a Hunter due to her subpar athleticism
>Other Hunters think she has some kind of autism that draws her to gathering mushrooms during a hunt
>She gets bullied by other Guild receptionists so much for being thicker than them
>Continues to eat a lot as therapy and becomes addicted to food
>Wears baggy clothing to cover her body
>Signs up to go to the New World on the Fifth Fleet not only to fulfill her grandpa's wish but to get away from her terrible rep
>Guild grudgingly allows her because of her grandpa's veterancy
>But her terrible reputation follows her and has her shuffled between different Fifth Fleet Hunters because they refuse to work with her

>About to give up on her career and grandpa's dream when he comes along
>He's the first hunter who didn't violently gag while looking at her
>The Guild admins offer to assign him to a different Handler
>She holds in the tears, it's not the first time someone outright refused her
>She begins to leave the room and go be a mushroom picker for the rest of her life
>He declines and say that there's nothing wrong with her as his Handler
>He finishws off by saying her curiosity would be an asset in the New World.
>She stops, not believing what he said

>From that day on she's overly helpful and cheery to lighten his silent, dour face
>But mostly overjoyed that someone chose to stay with her

>The day comes to depart for the New World
>She's nervous that he didn't show up on time
>Starts to think he didnt show up because he hated her
>On the verge of tears since there won't be a Hunter to pair up with at the New World
>He finally show up at the last minute from a hunt
>He doesn't notice the weird glances he's getting from the other Hunters when he'se with her
>Dine with her post hunt and says he's looking forward to working with her like it's nothing
>He will never know the bright hope and happiness he gave to her just by saying that she's his Handler

>And he's her Partner
>>
File: 1528040216813.png (240 KB, 488x488)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>431535330
Peace was never an option.
>>
>>431514497
what was the point of separating this fight into 2 phases? the fight itself doesnt really change much between phases.
>>
>>431526690
To be fair, considering one rope completely fucks it up for like 30 seconds, that's not an unreasonable thought.
>>
>>431521260
>An Elder Dragon by the strictest sense of classification

and by the loosest sense it's "we don't know shit about it and it's like magic i dunno lol"

so things like Chameleos and Kirin are labeled as Elder Dragons not for their ecological threat, but for being weirdos. Kirin isn't even hot shit considering Rajang shits all over them on a regular basis.

I don't recall what exactly justifies Valstrax as being an elder since all it really does is eat Ludroths. Unless of course it's the "we don't know shit about it" cop out
>>
>>431535397
That's the worst headcanon I've read in a while
>>
File: handula.jpg (121 KB, 1200x675)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>431535397

>You're one of the most promising hunters the Guild has seen
>Obsessed with the small details of your equipment, your quarry, and your skills
>Blow through all the requests of your home village solo
>Don't do well with people or other Hunters in town
>Insult other hunters unknowingly by saying their DEEPS is too low
>Seems like hunting too many Kut-Kus gave you autism
>Guild tells you that an autistic Hunter that can't work well in a party will never become a great Hunter

>Admins decide to force you to work with someone
>Offer to send you to the New World with the Research Commission
>You're skeptical until they say there are monsters to hunt there
>They scramble to find a handler quickly, but can only find one
>You notice her curiosity, how she studies everyone's faces and was studying from a worn book when she was dragged in
>She seemed sad as the admins outright say that she's a problem right in front of your face
>Kinda like how Hunters called you a Kut-Ku autist who can't work with others
>Offer to find you a new Handler
>Decline, say that you find that her curiosity will be an asset in the New World and that there is no problem with her
>The Guild admins and the one called Handler are speechless
>You wonder if you said something wrong again

>They let you and the Handler mingle before the big day
>She seems excited, a little overwhelming
>But she makes herself useful, she can forage, gather, and inform you of new information in the field and from the Guild
>Less thinking for you, you're less obsessed with minute details
>She notices you're very quiet
>You're simply being careful not to offend her

>You realize just how helpful she is on your last hunt alone when you almost lose the Kut-Ku
>You race back to town, literally jump onto the boat
>You search for your Handler below deck and find her in the corner alone, sobbing
>Must be seasickness
>Greet her, offer to eat with her
>She smiles brightly and yaps on again

>Maybe a Partner isn't so bad.
>>
>>431535657
Isn't Rajang shitting on Kirin only a thing in a cutscene in Frontier?
Anyways Chameleos shits all over the local vegetation with his Agent Purple smog clouds
>>
>>431535397
You don't have to try and love her. Just accept that she's a stupid shit that's probably just good enough at paper work to land the job
>>
>>431535558
Only thing I can imagine is to reset environmental damage pieces, but I never really bothered paying attention to what's in each area.
>>
>>431535397
You do realize everyone on the 5th fleet is already well versed in what they do (the other guy you talk to is the Ace Cadet from previous monhuns). She's as accomplished as you are before you join. She's annoying but accomplished.
>>
Think we'll get an announcement for something at TGS? I know we've got a leaked list but I still pray for Zinogre and Rajang.
>>
What weapon has the highest skill cap?
>>
>>431535762
Rajang are the natural predators of Kirin.
>>
>>431535848
Zinogre and Alatraeon were the last two monsters on the list
>>
>>431535831
>accomplished
>fucks up constantly by putting herself, who is not a hunter, in harms way
>>
I want Capcom to put Rajang in world so it can destroy Jho in turf wars
>>
What the fuck is Dragon element and why can Jho use a Dragon breath?
>>
>>431535901
I thought it was Oroshi Kirin and Alatreon.

And then people started saying Oroshi Kirin would be announced with a new ice area or something.
>>
File: 5.jpg (118 KB, 980x781)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>431535409
Indeed.
>>
>>431535901
I thought it was Orochi Kirin and Alatraeon?
>>
>>431535890
They're all easy as shit
>>
>>431535908
They hired her as a handler, not a hunter. Presumably she's a good one. Problem is that in the new world, there's a lot less supervision going on.
>>
>>431535890
I dunno. hammer maybe.
>>
>>431535978
It's...exactly that. Dragon energy. Why can Jho use it? because.
>>
>>431535981
>>431535994
Forgot about Kirin, but I remember seeing Zinogre on there for sure
>>
>>431535978
>Dragon element
Magic
>why can Jho use a Dragon breath
Concentrated anger manifested in physical form
>>
File: 1511606595147.gif (984 KB, 500x475)
984 KB
984 KB GIF
Monster Hunter World, aka "American Monster Hunter" cannot be considered a real entry in the series.
>>
>>431536080
>Concentrated anger

Hunger.

Or hanger.
>>
File: 1486668935572.jpg (383 KB, 1165x1155)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>431535993
We're gonna pretend I shot you now, OK?
so, no more felyne lewds, capisce?
u r ded
>>
>>431535762
Frontier is canon
>>
>>431535978
Jho eats shittons of Dragonfell Berries
>>
>>431535890
Probably Charge Blade. It's not a difficult weapon to use normally and do really well with by any means (unga smash SAED do big damage), but guard points are probably the trickiest single mechanic of any weapon.
>>
>>431536143
It is, sorry. It's Monster Hunter 5. But they're not calling that in order to draw more newcomers and casuals to the series, which worked.

Maybe when the G update happens there will actually be enough content to satisfy core MH fans.
>>
>>431535890
I don't know if there's any one weapon that has the highest. You can be good at all the weapons, but most of them have a really good mechanic that you don't need to use.

For lance, mastering the iframes in the dodges , timing the counters and aiming the pokes in the best spots would be one thing.

For Greatsword, timing the level three charges perfectly on charging monsters is tough.

SnS, personally I have a lot of trouble getting stun off with the shield attacks.

Charge Blade's guard points can be hard to master.

It's just little things that you don't need, but if you can use them it makes things so much better.
>>
>>431536178
they made the timing a lot easier in world, it's not anywhere as difficult as it was before
>>
>>431535978
It's an element that works really well on dragons. The more dragon something is the better it works.

Jho can use it presumably because he's made to fuck everything up, including dragons.
>>
>>431536178
Hard mode:
>Greatsword positioning and timing
>CB Guard points
>anything with a LS user around

Unga bunga mode:
>everything else
>>
File: x23.jpg (42 KB, 252x405)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>431536169
>>
>>431524376
The only weak/dying elder dragon is zorah.
>>
>>431536216
Why the fuck do people think we're getting grank instead of MHWU
>>
>>431536505
It's one of the two. or maybe both at the same time. Who the fuck knows.

>pay 30 dollars for the G Rank update
>or pay 60 dollars for Monster Hunter World Ultimate which is MHW with the G Rank update
>>
File: dragon element.gif (1.97 MB, 107x314)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>431535978
>>
>>431536505
Because its feasible to get both. Just like SFV got Arcade Edition with the option of either getting it as an update or buy the full package.
>>
>>431535339
No, but he runs out to sea and explodes almost immediately after the fight, meaning he's dead anyway. Kluve runs off to sulk, but is still very much alive and kicking after the mission is over.
>>
>>431536216
Why would I want to play G Rank, when it poses no real challenge, since I can just keep sipping these pots mid-sprint, put on an invincibility cloak, and craft an infinite amount of flash bombs in the middle of the quest, while demonstrating the microtransaction poses and hairstyles I bought with real money, since that's a thing in World.
>>
>>431536505
They've talked a lot about how nice it is to just be able to update the game now that they're back on consoles, unlike the handhelds where they couldn't put out patches a lot cause it would fuck people uptrying to play locally if there was a version mismatch
Even if they do G-Rank not as a separate game I think it would still be a paid DLC
>>
>>431536724
Technically isn't it the same for Xeno? There is only one of those so you aren't really "killing" it
>>
File: 1533894211927.jpg (46 KB, 736x691)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I just got the game two days ago and I just now killed rathalos and have to kill diablos next. I used the bone two handed sword for a long time and then switched to the long sword, which I'm liking. I don't really get the weapon tree. Is it just aesthetics mostly? Most of the things upgrade to the same damage + an effect. Should I sell things? I've just been saving everything because I don't know if I'll need stuff.
>>
>>431536838
Weapons have more than raw damage and element- affinity and sharpness are important too
>>
>>431536752
When they do add g rank they really need to lock the fucking tent after 2 minutes.
>>
>>431536752
no one is forcing you to buy or play it. and the old games are still there for you.
>>
>>431536838
Weapon tree shows various paths involving parts from different monsters. Each path can have different attack values, sharpness, affinity (crit) and elements/status

That being said if it has a Diablos tree, you use Diablos.
>>
>>431536915
I still haven't gone back to the tend mid-hunt, only at the start for "shit forgot to restock"

>>431536838
Sell monster parts you have more than 20 of
>>
>>431536724
...so? You don't kill Zorah or even cause his death, you just make him change his mind about where he wants to die.

>>431536815
What? You carve the fuck out of Xeno
>>
>>431536961
Diablos isn't the strongest without white sharpness and non-elemental boost
>>
>>431536685
And you thought they just made it up.
>>
>>431536685
neat, I remember doing this experiment in highschool
>>
>>431537129
Jho?
>>
>>431525031
I played gen for over 300 and it doesn't have g rank.
>>
File: Jesus fuck its big.png (1.04 MB, 728x791)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>431533906
Alright, got great golden, sunfish, tuna and whetfish
I guess the only ones left are Gunpowderfish, platium fish, pink fish and the fucking Marlin right?
This is a fucking headache
>>
Im a noob playing long sword but the moveset is really poor. I tried the other weapons but it feels like impossible to do a combo without swinging in the wind after 2 or 3 hits.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gloXqXOIIIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfllPcqwB8s
why can't they just make a movie like this
>>
>>431537180
she looked a bit like one, if you know what I mean :^)
>>
>>431527643
Never because they aren't as strong as hunters who are genetically engineered rape machines.
>>
>>431537456
GIT.
>>
>>431536815
Xeno dies on-screen. You carve its body.
>There is only one of those so you aren't really 'killing' it
The hell kind of leap of logic is that? How many of them exist is irrelevant - you cut it to pieces, it dies, you carve its corpse. You very much killed it in every sense of the word.
>>
>>431537438
you know it's optional, right?
>>
>>431537518
I don't know what you mean.
>>
>>431537592
Not if I want the guild card background
also completion.
>>
>>431514497
I wish MH actually had lore other than "these are monsters that exist"
>>
>>431537456
long sword has decent reach but it's very narrow. Easy to miss anything if it's off to the side just a little bit.
>>
>>431537438
Everybody says great gunpowderfish is the rarest one but I constantly find them at the sector 7 in coral highlands.
>>
>>431537438
Why not just spread the fishing out over time instead of doing it all at once? Just hit up the ponds when you're doing non-15 minute investigations or whatever.
>>
Monster Hunter feels like it takes place in some JRPG universe where somewhere out there a group of teenagers are fighting some evil bullshit but you play as some dude who just kills wildlife
>>
G-Rank for World

>100% Randomized Start
>No fast travel
>Tent's equipment and item box are unavailable
>No mini canteen

>Using ranged weapons gives you no extra armor against physical or elemental attacks
>>
>>431537806
Monster Hunter Stories happened and it's not too far from that.
>>
>>431537806
there's a manga that's basically this
it's bad
>>
>>431537806
>meet some kid
>he can up his stats naturally with level ups instead of making progressively more and more ridiculous gear
>>
>>431537918
>No mini canteen
Why not just allow it to be used only once if you didn't already eat before the quest?
>>
>>431537950
>>431538046
It's strange just how absolutely out of the question any kind of human antagonist is in the MH universe. Humans seem to live in perfect harmony. Would be interesting to see a MH games where things aren't that way
>>
>>431537806
I could dig a grug-aesthetic JRPG
>>
>>431538184
that's really what it's mostly there for, people who forgot to eat beforehand, I can't say I've ever eaten mid-hunt.
>>
>>431537918
Fast travel should only be disabled for a temporary amount of time.
Maybe 5 minutes.

Allow canteen to be used if you forgot to eat, it's not a huge deal, fast travel being disabled already makes it more 'difficult'
>>
>>431538264
Kinda hard to go to war when the guild could probably cut you off from all support
>>
>>431538046
You talking about Flash or Orage? But yeah, they're both bad.
>>
File: 1534013903831.gif (352 KB, 174x172)
352 KB
352 KB GIF
>Monster Hunter nature documentary in the style of Walking with Dinosaurs never ever.
>>
>>431538286
MH has a great aesthetic and world. I just wish I could see more of it outside of the fighting monsters.

But I guess that wouldn't be Monster Hunter
>>
>>431538339
I already pack a Farcaster every hunt out of habit, mostly useful when you get dropped in a room with Giros or Wingdrakes
>>
>>431538360
That's what the wycademy is for
>>
>>431538264
it's a pretty silly series for the most part, there's not a whole lot of ancient evils and when they do show up it's a lot more impressive for it
world kind of toned it down a bit but it's still pretty goofy
>>
>>431538492
I miss the retarded quest descriptions and over-the-top item descriptions.
>>
>>431538264
A Monster Hunter game where you're not Huntering Monsters? I don't know. It'd have to play completely differently, too.
>>
File: 1535995873314.jpg (96 KB, 720x1188)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>431538743
A Monster hunter game where you play as different monsters and try to survive/thrive would be pretty neat.
>>
>>431538743
I wouldn't say you wouldn't be hunting monsters. Probably 75% of the game could still be that. But every now and then the game goes "hey we need to go kill this cunt in this castle" or "we have to defend the village from this enemy ambush"

Idk, this is a dumb idea
>>
File: 1424877288754.jpg (103 KB, 422x750)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>431538613
are you tell me "____ researcher: i really want to see ______ go fight it" are not interesting quest descriptions?
>>
>>431538957
Unfortunately the New World doesn't have a lot of random villagers with unhealthy fetishes
>>
Does anyone else hate how Elder Dragons aren't unique? I hate having a species for them. They have too much personality.
>>
>>431539340
Being unique would be cool but that would just not work with the core gameplay of MH
>>
File: this idiot.jpg (96 KB, 677x158)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>431538613
They may not be in as full force as they once were but they're still there.
>>
>>431514497
Worst monster in the series easily. It's not even fun. Love MHW though.
>>
>>431521587
>Name literally means "Alien Origin"
>>
>>431538046
Orage is worth reading just for them Mashima PLOT
>>
File: 1471644352155.jpg (346 KB, 1280x590)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>431539631
>>431539064
>>431538957
I just realized it's because the new world fleet is made up of researchers and explorers instead of brain-damaged villagers and snobby nobles
>>
>>431539850
marm can be in touch with my inner snek
>>
>>431539631
I wish I could have a pet Jho
>>
File: ShenGaoren.png (440 KB, 614x380)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>431528328
I know you're joking, but if a trap didn't work on this bitch, I don't think it would have worked on Zorah.
>>
>>431538046
>dude what if we made a monster hunter manga then pushed all the stuff MH is known for to the side so we can focus on our OC and special snowflake protagonist.
>>
>>431539762
Nice head canon.
>>
>>431539948
I was about to say 'have fun spending all your money on his food' before I remembered that Jho can eat almost everything in existance.
>>
>>431538957

Researchers are just monster fetishists.

I just got the "Capture Odogaron" optional quest and the guy who gave it to me said the researchers just thought that the "Odogaron is just so gosh darned cute!"
>>
File: Mh_003.jpg (265 KB, 978x884)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>431529643
Not always...
>>
>>431540162
I mean, Odogaron is kinda cute.
>>
>>431540167
shit i thought he was wearing a hat this whole time
>>
>>431539762
It means stranger not alien and they called it that because is literally an unknown dragon never seen before even in legends
>>
>>431528174
This can't be real, I refuse to believe it is real, someone probably took the capcom logo and some other logos and added fade effects to make it SEEM real even though it is not real.
>>
>>431540167
playable wyverians when?
>waifufags get a hot race
>chad get a bulky manly race
>faggots get an elf standin

everyone wins
>>
File: 582010_20180913230544_1.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>431540289
>>
Can other people besides the quest host get deviant tickets needed for upgrades now?
>>
>>431540375
Who's a good boy?
>>
File: índice.jpg (10 KB, 265x190)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>431521260
>Don't mind me just pirating your items
>>
Have someone made a roar compilation for World yet?
>>
File: 1494321745141.jpg (8 KB, 187x291)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Kill Xeno minutes after he's born
>No easter egg where if you go back to fight him again in the full Xeno armor and weapon set he won't attack until you do, thinking you might be family
>>
File: asadfsadf.png (119 KB, 568x667)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>431540167
I just read the wiki for this guy and...
Did i miss something?
>>
File: take your time.gif (979 KB, 450x463)
979 KB
979 KB GIF
>>431514497
>Just started the village 4 star quest in generatons
>think i must be close to the guild missions by now
>realise there are 5 and 6 star quest after
>most of them are fighting 2 of the same monster simultaneously

I can only imagine the type of shit guild will be

Currently doing volacno mission for armor sphere + upgrades and up my 3 main armor setes for the future challenges.

Can anyone tell me how to get the Armor s[here + ex or is that later in the game?
>>
>>431540871
he big
>>
Imagine the absolute state of online monster hunter discussion if you were able to trade materials
>>
I never noticed wyverian feet until the third fleet master
>>
>>431541025
dear lord
>>
>>431539762
No, Xeno means alien, "Jiva" is a word that within hinduism vaguely means "imbued with life". "Jiiva" means nothing. It's name is Xeno'Jiiva. At best it just means Alien Life Monster. There is no grand conspiracy at play, it's just a monster nobody has ever seen.
>>
>>431541025
>stout shako for 2 refined
>>
>>431541192
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REQUESTING 2 RATH MEDULA
WILL SELL ROYAL LUDROTH AND KUT-KU MATS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE RESPOND
>>
>>431541025
it wouldn't be that bad, honestly
though if they added deco/charm trading that shit would be the end of days
>>
>>431534509
You mean hop hotel.
>>
>>431541486
I wonder if there would be a jewel that your could trade for a 1:1 with an attack boost, I mean attack boost can be put in any fucking build
>>
>>431541486
>wouldn't be that bad
Imagine everytime you needed a couple more items to make an armor. Instead of farming a monster you could just go online and beg someone else instead. Except everyone else is doing it and getting lazier and lazier to the point where people are requesting the materials for full sets
>>
>>431541486
i don't play much games with trading stuff but i think there aren't a lot of material in world to make a system like that works
>>
Holy shit those events really do have good Crown rates. Got both Jyuratodos crowns and Kula Ya Ku's giant one in the last couple of hours of it, then got a big Pink Rathian and le blue stun lizard in the same hunt.
If you're bothering with that shit get on those hunts while they're available.
Check the event quests often
>>
File: unf.jpg (49 KB, 400x576)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
enough of these max affinity/attack sets. give me your interesting fun build
>jagras switch axe/greatsword
>kirin leg guards
>3 drain jewels
>3 sleep jewels or tranq charm
I call this build Earl Grey because its sleepytime
>>
>>431524376
You're from gameFAQs aren't you?
>>
>>431521587
Probably not but I kind of like the idea of the crater of the rotten veil and elder's recess being carved out of the earth by a meteor incubating an alien egg and that's how we get xeno'jiiva. Doesn't really matter to me either way since only a faggot would care about Monster Hunter lore.
>>
>>431542109
max evade window + evade extender on dual swords is pretty fun
>>
>>431542002
they come back around so often it's not even funny, no need to stress unless you need achievements to get it up for your wife
>>
>>431541025
>we want the path of exile audience
>>
File: 20180829234130_1.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1200)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>431542002
If that's a thing I guess that is actually pretty handy
>>
File: this other idiot.jpg (103 KB, 673x181)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>431538613
Seriously look at this shit. This is the CHIEF ECOLOGIST.
>>
File: 1535990683787.png (534 KB, 813x811)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
>>431542526
Just pump them full of helium and attach a string, done
>>
>>431542526
academics are weirdos in real life, i don't see the problem here
>>
>>431540162
What do they do with the captured monsters anyway? Surely they don't have the room for all of them?
>>
>>431542526
I mean they are the ones paying so I'm not going to complain
>>
>>431542720
Paolumu is for hugs not for baloons
>>
>>431524692
Black fatalis was pretty scary back in the day
>Those orange-purple skies
>that granite castle ruins with the old rusted dragonator and the massive door
shame he was boring as shit and wasted time flying around shitting OHK fireballs at you
>>
>>431542868
they let the scoutflies get their scent then release them back into the wild
i probably gave them cte and a fractured skull from hammering their noggin, but i'm sure they'll walk it off
>>
>>431542868
The guy what hangs out near the captured monster mentions that they usually put the scoutflies on them and then release them to the wild after they're done researching.
>>
>>431542720
Someone do a crying cat version.
>>
>>431542868
Study and release them. Even if it's a b52.
>>
File: 1536308576918.jpg (169 KB, 1242x1524)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>431514497
Bros I just start MH with MHW 1week ago.
Love this game, I play with sword&shield and sometimes charge blade even if i suck with it (it is fucking difficult to put out some big damages... ?).

I just killd anjanath and now I want to farm him for a armour set and also weapon maybe. Is it a good idea ? Or should I go further in story mode ?

If it's a good idea, what weapon is good to farm him ? I would like to learn a new one maybe.

Thanks bois
>>
>>431540828
I want to see an adult Xeno'Jiva going full Fatalis on the New World.
>>
>>431543368
just go with the bone set until you get to high rank (6 star quests) and keep it upgraded with spheres, farming low rank armor isn't generally worth it because the skills are bad and it gets replaced immediately once you get to high rank
anja doesn't have any particularly great weapons (he does have the best fire element weapons in the game, but fire is pretty trash in world), but his heavy bowgun is pretty well rounded if you want to pick up a ranged weapon
>>
Has there ever been a fanbase so hostile to newcomers than Monster Hunter?
>>
How do I get Downy Crakes to spawn?
>>
>>431544840
league
>>
>>431518453
Canonically story wise, you only get to hunt it once and move on. Able to hunt the same monster is just a game feature if you want to get the armor or weapon.
>>
>>431533869
He's not wrong though
The older games and handheld titles are pretty clunky.
>>
>>431544347
thanks m8 ill stick with bone set then
>>
>>431543368

Personally, I found Switch Axe to be fucking amazing for almost every single monster I've encountered. If you can, go and craft the Jyura type of Switch Axe, since Anj is vulnerable to Water the most.
>>
>>431544840
Dota.
>>
>>431545097
>clunky
I get why people say this but if anything I loved how precise you could be in the previous games. Positioning and knowing attack animations for your weapons was really rewarding if you stuck with a weapon and allowed for absolute monster destruction. I kinda feel World is worse in terms of rolling and turning.
>>
>>431545040
>>431545474
I'm talking about games here.
>>
>>431544840
This is literally just a myth made and supported funnily enough by both sides.
Just like MH general "unfriendliness" in gameplay.
It's just another action game with just another gaming community.
It's less toxic when it comes minmaxing and gear checks than MMORPGs.
>>
>One of the rarest insect glaive is a squid
>A fucking squid
Why?
>>
>>431545643
but league of legends and dota are games
>>
>>431543368
Don't bother farming LR sets beside maybe for fashion
>>
>>431545741
Most of Daora weapons have some animal motif to their design.
>>
>>431544840
The thing that I hate about newcomers is they never say they're new, they don't play carefully, they often get boosted through urgents and then fuck up your investigations. If someone tells me they're new I'll be more willing to sheath my weapon and help them out some way. If they say nothing and cart twice ya get the boot.
>>
>>431544840
People aren't hostile. Redditors are just sissies. They join my lobbies and when I point out that they have no armor skills active they freak out and make posts. I really don't give a shit I just like hunting stuff. Never kick people but if they look confused I'm going to at least point out what they've done wrong.
>>
File: 1361156190475.png (15 KB, 754x406)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>100 quests with hammer and just realized you can skip to the golf swing with the triangle combo
This doesn't sound like a big deal but fuck it feels like those "missing game mechanic" moment for me
>>
>>431541402
Buying odoslut
>>
File: confuse.jpg (154 KB, 2000x1684)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>431546152
>skip to the golf swing
>with the triangle combo
The golf swing is the triangle combo finisher, what are you talking about?
>>
>>431546152
Look dude I know spinning is fun and all, but there's more to life than doing your best Sonic impression
>>
>>431528356
Paul Anderson doing another movie featuring Mila Jovovich
well color me surprised
>>
>>431520575
According to a researcher in World Kirin is as rare as a unicorn.
>>
>>431529652
>you will never snuggle with meowscular chef
even if its possible I wouldn;t be able to since im allergic to cats
>>
File: 2018-09-14_09-22-01.webm (2.83 MB, 640x360)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>431542109
Punishdraw
Para Atk 3
Focus 3
Slugger 3
Stamina Thief 3
Quick Sheath 3
Really easy set to make, most fun set I've ever used, I sacrificed some skills to look more fashionable but I think it was worth it.
>>
File: 64458785_p0.png (851 KB, 997x1308)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
>What is the best looking Felyne armor?
>And why is it Kirin armor?

Hope they make cats pliable in the expansion.
Hell they can even dish out some damage when you max out the skill they have.
Playing as a cat could like add the ability to bring 2 gadgets along when you are playing it manually.
>>
>>431546768
looks fun i'll give it a shot
>>
>Diablos hangs out with Black Diablos
>poop either one away
>bagel crashes down
>Diablos goes back to hang out with Black Diablos
>repeat
Why
>>
How good are the rewards with Plunderblade? Worth using it often?
>>
>>431538882
i love how his armor almost makes it look like carved from a giant insect
>>
>>431539631
imagine having an Odogaron pet, lots of biting and scratches
>>
>>431514497

Monster Hunter "Lore"

Hey kill that big monster
>>
>>431546969
They can plunder any carve, including gems.
So pretty good if you need materials.
>>
>>431540167
imagine how big is his dick, do you think all the women in his hall ar ethere to jerk off his massive dick all together?
>>
>>431546858
>PLIANT
>VIRGIN
>CATS
>>
>>431546270
I meant i just found out that you can go straight to overhead 2 by using LS+triangle
I've been exclusively attacking with charged attacks until now which requires overhead 1 and 2 first before the golf swing
>>
>>431546932
They don't get along with each other. Just let them have a turf war and one will usually run to another area.
>>
>>431546969
Pretty significant in my opinion.

I tend to half-ass it but used effectively you'd probably get 10-15 materials per hunt. Pretty sure I got a gem once too.
>>
>>431546969
you can snatch gems with it, i'm pretty sure it's essentially an extra 4 body carves (1-2 if you absolutely dumpster the monster)
it's good
>>
File: no deal.png (299 KB, 347x427)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>431536169
>>431536376
>>431546858
I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL
>>
>>431543141
wait, so capturing them makes the scoutflies able to track the monster easily next time you hunt it?
>>
>>431547164
I know, they duke it out and after a while she burrows someplace else and bagel comes visiting again. It's just annoying.
>>
>>431514497
Why did they make his fight so miserab
>>
>>431546858
The amount of palico armors that actually shows your cat's face in world are criminally low
>>
>>431547364
because it's a babby
>>
>>431536420
Did you not pay any attention to the story? At all?
>>
>>431547336
it ramps up your research level a lot faster than just hunting them, yes
>>
I hate hunting tall monsters, only get to hit their feet and sometimes tail if they don't lift it or move it a lot. Also if elder dragons come to the new world to die, that means they are weak therefore Nergigante isn't that strong
>>
Is there a way to make the Kushala Daora fight not shit?
>>
>>431547710
Flash pods and negate wind pressure.
>>
>>431547710
Gun, Bow, IG, or charged long shells with focus on GL
>>
>>431547781
just make sure not to throw flashpods after it makes a tornado otherwise you wasted a pod because it will fall inside the tornado, good luck trying to hit it
>>
>>431547710
Dragon Piercer.
Don't need anything else, just Dragon Piercer.
>>
>>431547710
become a gunner-type hunter
>>
I just found out about the book beside the table that you can read and it was pretty interesting
Feels really mythical and straight out of some old Buddhist story or some shit
i wonder if they're ever gonna expand on that or just some shit they made up for some shoddy world bulding
>>
File: 1536322740484.jpg (48 KB, 600x800)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>no wide lv4 gunlance
please tell me that the console version has been updated with one
>>
>>431542131
No. Does paying any attention to the story make you a gameFAG?
>>
>>431548230
Some of the Kulve guns have Wide 4
Why would you want it though? Normal and Long are both better for shelling, the Wide GLs just make good beatsticks
>>
First time monster hunter player I just soloed tempered kirin and hit 50hr other than tempered elders is there anything else in endgame ?
>>
>>431548230
i'm almost certain there are some kulve taroth ones out there
>>
>>431548462
arc-tempered, hopefully not being the equivalent of G-ranked monster for World given that only elders have it.
>>
File: 1535773784561.jpg (296 KB, 768x759)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>431533746
>irreversibly
Nah, it's go back to normal in a few years. The issue is that it would also blow out the commission, that included you and the rest of your happy camp dead.

And we simply couldnt have that now could we?
>>
>>431548462
Mostly the dlc.
>>
>>431548405
I want the bigdick wyvernfire
why?
I have no idea

personally, I just find long to be boring as fuck, and normal to eat your sharpness too fast
>>
>>431548462
not really, save for some event monsters. other than that you'll basically just grind tempered elders for decorations and augment stones.
>>
DOOT DOOT MOTHERFUCKERS!
HH main here. how are all you good gentlesirs this morning?
>>
>>431524692
I'll never understand the following jho has. I've never really thought he was cool or difficult. Of all the fights to get riled up about and this is what the community like? He's honestly pretty whack.
>>
I want to strangle whoever thought it was a good idea to not have a Razor Sharp decoration or charm
Protective Polish is so much more annoying
>>
>>431537918
Mini canteen has to stay, but make it one time use only.
Astera's canteen is way too far away to eat before you go out on a hunt.
>>
>>431548903
World jho isn't a good reference.
>>
why do burrowing and swimming dragons have wings?
>>
>>431548910
i think one of the lunastra weapons have inherent razor sharp
a lot of sets also run master's touch so there's also that option
it's kind of a moot point for pc tho since behemoth and lunastra aren't in yet and teo's set is pretty bad outside the arms
>>
File: 1442855967589.jpg (86 KB, 770x1100)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>431546858
>>
>>431549053
I have fought older Jho and Savage Jho. I'm thoroughly convinced that it's just because of this stupid fucking pickle meme that he's gained so much traction or something. His fight isn't spectacular, his design is good/decent but that's true for a ton of monsters in MH, his armor sets in older games are not bad(haven't fought World Jho thus have not seen the skills). Is it because he invades?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.