[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (283 KB, 1280x720)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
grabfaggot

DLC information
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon+of+the+North
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant+Honor
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed+End

Latest Patch Notes
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>https://pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed)
>https://imgur.com/a/Cf4ca

>What does each element do?
http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status+Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
http://pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed) (embed) (embed)

Smithing text list:
https://pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed) (embed) (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!
>>
File: 1502023437504.png (1.4 MB, 1160x979)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>just nerf my shit up and keep the trash still trash

2kats/tonfas buff fucking when holy shit
>>
Really funny how hard people were panicking about the LW nerf
>>
Oh shit I haven't fought Maria in ages and now I have to face her in the abyss.
>>
>>192129979
yeah its like they cant learn bosses for their goddamn lives for once
>>
>>192130176
Not as bad as I remembered. Almost beat her on the first time. Didn't remember that those amrita slash waves are unblockable.
>>
>>192130187
The funniest thing is that they were crying about the nerfs before even trying anything out. I did some level ~350 Abyss with Susano + Tate + Kigetsu and my damage was still v good, some bosses still got 1 shotted with my +60 kusa
>>
File: 59540d4341c6b.jpg (74 KB, 640x400)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>le pcuck beta test meme
>it actually was beta test, to see what fun stuff can be nerfed so they get the samurai souls they wanted so much
>>
>>192129684
>LW builds gutted in the final patch
Lmfao, man they just fucking need the endgame to be a complete chore.
>>
>>192130750
He actually right
>>
>>192129684
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit

>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

Explain

And yes i already readed the patch notes,have i missed something?
>>
>>192130750
They officially have nerfed everything that was fun. The more they patched the game the less enjoyable it's gotten.
>>
>game has OP weapon/character/build
>everyone in every /vg/ thread uses nothing but that and laughs at anyone who tries anything else
>said weapon/character/build gets nerfed into the dirt
>everyone in the /vg/ thread starts crying and whining, claiming "game is dead" and "devs hate fun"
Every fucking time, every fucking thread. I love /vg/ on patch day, it's an endless salt mine.
>>
How do I dodge Maria's amrita wave slash?
>>
>>192131352
don't let her do it.
alternatively, just roll
>>
>>192131352
Stack firearm reduction to 100% and facetank it like a champ anon.
>>
>>192131195
Used crit lw from start of the abyss,i stopped around floor 300 because no more fun and challenge

I truly hoped they nerfed crit lw (even tho now we 2shot instead of 1shot,same shit)
>>
>>192129912
>that pic

holy shit i don't have reaction images saved so just check this >>192130750
>>
>>192131403
I guess it's just the timing then. I haven't managed to do it once yet.
>>192131432
I thought there was a cap preventing that from getting to 100%
>>
>>192131146
Nope, iai still holds actually, the day they nerf iai i will stop giving a fuck
>>
>>192131146
Do you think crit LW builds were fun?
>>
>>192131352
single slash = evade towards her and hit her twice afterwards

two slashes = evade left/right and then through and hit her

three slashes = left/right, left/right and through

or headshot her before she does it and crit her
>>
>>192131663
Not him, but they sound fun.
>>
>>192131707
Thanks
>>
File: 453.jpg (33 KB, 1007x77)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Finally, I need more QOL in this, hopefully they add in search option for abilities a better storage sorting, maybe naming your armor sets as well. I kinda spammed their twitter for armor sets and this soul matching thing maybe it worked maybe not.
>>
>>192131839
*sounds overpowered

After you do 400 floors of:activate 10 buffs + 1 attack it gets boring
>>
>>192131846
and really pay attention to the timing, it's easy to evade too soon, give her time to finish her spin she always does before releasing the beam

to me it almost feels like evading too late
>>
>>192131839
I guess some people really enjoy doing nothing but smashing strong attack
>>
>tfw my friend is good enough to just carry me through hard stuff so I never need to die 100 times to git gud
Feels good to not have to fight the bullshit boss fights and team up on stuff.
>>
Guys,let's face it. Crit lw build were anything but fun. I enjoyed the souls series because it was a real challenge,if i had from midgame to end a build that oneshotted everything i would have hated the devs for ruining a glorious game. And crit lw still needs some more nerfs,now we can still 2-3shot bosses and taking little to no damage stacking damage reduction
>>
>>192132474
Why do you want things to be harder for yourself anon?
>>
>>192132387
>feels good to be a complete shitter
sure lad, whatever you say
>>
>>192132562
Balanced not harder
With all the close combat damage and iai bullshit you can still deal a lot of damage
If you want a press ∆ to win you can play games with quick time events t b h
>>
>>192131986
Phew. That was the hardest abyss boss so far for me. And I didn't even get a text for my troubles.
>>
>>192132562
it's a game where the whole point is to challenge yourself to the point you're legitimately angry because of a videogame

but you don't quit, instead you keep pushing and eventually you'll succeed and feel good about it

if you take that away and oneshot bosses, literally stop playing and go outside
>>
>>192132994
gz

there's still plenty of good stuff waiting for you ahead
>>
>>192133321
Can't wait to battle against Maria and someone else at the same time. Not really.
>>
File: 1504115674078.png (2.26 MB, 1242x2208)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>192132474
>souls series
>a real challenge
>>
>>192132970
And now those are the only options for combat without tedium. I'm not saying LW builds were innovative or anything, but it was at least another playstyle. And more importantly an easier to make starter build to get you to those other builds that take a long time to farm up those perfect rolls. I haven't used a LW build in forever, but this game could use such a thing.
>>
>>192132653
>not having fun with your friends
It isn't like I don't try. I just can't be perfect like a lot of later bosses require you to be. I'm also not a fast person either. I have gotten better though over time. I only started playing in like, September anyway. Only a handful of boss fights and enemy buffs, and just a couple enemies really give me shit.

>>192133172
Why would you stress yourself out over a game and spend a bunch of time stuck on one fight? I just summon someone to team up with. I don't run a crit living, though I generally save it for when I'm almost dead to make a come back, or try to make a comeback. I'm just not into struggles much. I like to just fuck shit up.
>>
How high does Gamos luck go, 60? Also did they change Furuta to red or do they always switch between red and blue every week I'm unsure now, I always remember Furuta being blue.
>>
>>192133575
It was an example,i think everyone got the point
>>
>>192131839
The only bad thing about this patch it they didn't release it sooner. If they did maybe a lot of people would try to actually play the game.
>>
Which one is better; familiarity or weight damage bonus?
>>
File: Nioh_20171012215739.webm (2.85 MB, 1920x1080)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
For the anon asking about decent spirits to use with Tonfa in the last thread

Kara-Jishi
>>
Is the sho clan worth being in for a tonfa user? I'm still pretty new and don't know how far the clan bonuses go in terms of power throughout the game.
>>
Crit LW got super nerfed. Holy shit
>>
>>192134040
Ok explain that :o
>>
>>192134040
I don't use tonfas a lot but what's the difference between Focused Strike and Urgency? They look almost identical.
>>
Nice, they fixed the bug where I wasn't able to reallocate focus points
>>
>>192132474
Crit LW were the default option for bad builds. Now that option is removed.

>>192134205
If you're going to use the tonfa you need every piece of damage bonus you can possibly get
>>
>>192134270
Literally remove the +25% close combat damage when crit set bonus with a normal close combat damage +15%

Wow what a loss,still 1shot bosses,2shot in worst cases
>>
>>192134270
>90% of the playerbase just dies off in one patch
>>
>>192133901
How is cheesing not playing the game?
>>
>>192133901
>Have an autism grind build or enjoy the tedium of getting one-shot by any and everything
t. Guy who's grinded up an autism build. This change is pointless, only hurts the game. Nobody is going to touch anything above wotw
>>
>>192134472

Focused Strike can be used from any stance, is slower, longer reach and hits harder. Also has knockback, so if you hit them in the stagger state, it'll open them up for a killing strike.

>>192134409
ethereal +40 gunsticks with CTA Skill (200 levels in skill) 150 body and DEX and +20% CCD with Summer Twilight and full Sarutobi set.
>>
>>192134548
The biggest nerf is to damage reduction when also stacking special effect+ skills that essentially turned you immortal. The dicking on dodge, dash, and guard is also a pretty big problem. As was parry, you could easily throw that shit into your gear. Then again you can throw everything easily into your gear. I just wonder what's the point of spirits like Saorise now.

Still, crit health builds get to shine again, so there's that. I'm not sure how or why you would want to make one given that grace's seem far better than just rocking full fanatic. But there it is
>>
>>192134903
>>192134720
Suffering is part of enjoyment too y'know
>>
is it worth it to have attack inherited on all gear pieces?
>>
>>192134903
I've been using pure single weapon builds since WotS anon. I'm now in WotN and using a pure Tonfa build. The real problem is that some of the enemies are absolutely health sponges. Like the fights don't take more than 2 and a half minutes but since every fucking thing can one shot your stupid ass it's frustrating

Well the DLC bosses anyways. All the vanilla bosses are easily made into your bitch
>>
>>192135084
Maybe at lower levels but not in WotN
>>
>>192135084
If you're early in the game then yes
>>
>>192135030
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>192135084
Better off with useful things like luck, firearm reduction, or running speed even since you can easily get attack up way high with +100 levels on weapons.
>>
>>192135194
i was mainly asking because of wotn, starting to prepare for it a bit

i guess stacking proper set bonuses is the biggest deal here?
>>
>>192135365
Yeppers
>>
>>192135363
yeah okay those things sound way better than stacking some flat attack
>>
Izanami set
>life recovery (yokai realm)
Izanagi set
>increase attack (life recovery)
I think I want to combine these two sets.
>>
>>192136067
Izanagi gives you CCD life recovery. It's not necessary. It's also really silly and would be really good if you didnt' take so much damage
>>
>>192135310
WotN is supposed to be hard, I actually enjoy the punishments the enemies can give you. I know some people don't like being one-shotted but it's part of the experience. Steamrolling everything with crit LW seems pointless to me.
>>
>>192136267
I like it because how silly it is. I can just stand in the realm while blocking an enemy when I want to heal.
>>
>>192136476
Go back to /dsg/
>>
>>192136505
Also this set gives unlimited yokai pots 77%. I'm never leavin the realm.
>>
>>192136476
I don't get how you could enjoy needing to be perfect for every single fight. Sounds absurdly demanding. I don't know if I'll bother with WotN honestly. I'm pretty early in Wise. It's not too bad, but I can't see anything appealing about everything being able to steam roll you later on with one hit kills, while you just poke, dodge, poke every single thing.
>>
File: Nioh_20171010232308.png (761 KB, 600x600)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
>>192136687
NO, I want to play this game
>>
>>192131496
pretty good greentext.
in reality they were filming across the street and the hospital put signs saying "who you gonna call?" in the windows to bait them.
>>
>>192131540
it's really easy if you have prescience or mind's eye. When i'm playing 2kat or Tonfa I pretty much use low stance only to dodge all the wide projectiles.
>>
>>192136687
/dsg/ fucking hate attacks that one-shot though.
>>
>>192136476
>but it's part of the experience.
It invalidates almost every defensive attribute this game gives and builds then have to become exclusively about avoiding getting one shot. It's not good gameplay design. It's shitty. The blow to weight limits alone and the counterintuitiveness of gameplay design with sets that increase defense should be all the red flags you need.

Increase defense and health means exactly fuck all if you can wear the heaviest equipment and STILL get one shot through a defense item
>>
>>192137560
This, this so much. It's fucking stupid. Fun game, but like you said anon, shitty game design.
It was in dev hell though, so I just blame that.
>>
>>192136940
You don't really have to be perfect for every single fight, if you upgrade your armor and have stuff like steel/protection talisman or tanuki you can still survive a few hits.
>>
File: jfys.jpg (73 KB, 500x653)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>all these complaints about being one-shot
>regularly survive most attacks that aren't big and slow
>>
>>192137928
Sorry, not tanuki. Whatever that ability is that prevents you from being one-shot at full health.
>>
>>192137474
Since when? Soulbabs cream their pants from oneshots, it's called """"""difficulty"""""" for them, even if entire "difficulty" comes entirely from having to restart if you do make a mistake once.
>>
>>192137560
Games been an arms race between the devs and the playerbase since dlc 1. Problem is they took the lazy way and just inflated hp and damage to absurd levels every time we pushed back. Nioh endgame is cheese vs cheese, they just keep hamstringing everything but perfectly rolled iai builds.

Thats one thing I'll never understand, I can absolutely devastate everything with my iai build and that's fine, but if I use LW and can take more than one hit it's suddenly cheesey and frowned upon? The fuck is this hypocrisy?
>>
>>192137928
Yeah, Wise hasn't been too bad so far. About what I expected. I'm more concerned about WotN one shotting me when I get to it is all.

>>192138154
Mothgirl is best girl. After Fuku of course.
>>
>>192138275
Are you actually complaining about Souls games being too hard?
>>
>>192138408
>Mothgirl
>girl
sure fag
>>192138539
I said soulbabs are braindead enough to consider cheap shit difficult because none of them ever saw any actually challenging game
>>
Seriously, can someone explain me how this faggot gets 200k per iai? I watched all of this and i still fail to see how it's possible with the shit he got
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJYMbDeYqU
>>
>>192138408
If you keep updating your gear as you go along you're gonna be fine. If you're the type who just unlocked WotN and jumped straight into Omi/Tohoku, you WILL get one shotted by most enemies cause the jump is too sudden. Go along slowly and enjoy the progression.
>>
>>192139021
Critical + CCD against paralyzed targets
>>
Forging can't give 7 modifier weapons?
>>
>>192139479
Just rat and some perks on boots and accessories is enough to push the damage this hard?
>>192140094
You can get 6 and no inherit
>>
>>192139021
According to him Dragon Ninja set gives around 57% damage increase. Add that up with leeching and weakness talisman plus sword of execution, getting numbers that high is not impossible. He's not even using the Fanatics bonus which is 30% damage bonus at critical.
>>
File: DL-M_SWW0AEOqIk.jpg (347 KB, 2048x1152)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Guess it's time for a lightning tonfa build. I'll never get usable poison trinkets anyway, might as well give up the dream.
>>
So are the available mods in the tempering list random or is there any logic to this?
>>
>>192131432
You can't stack that much. It's random that you'll ever see it
>>
>>192132474
Crit LW is only viable in post game. You don't have what you need to build it in the main game
>>
>>192139479
So is very occasional and only for bosses
>>
>>192133172
Go look on YouTube. Every build, crit LW or not, is shown as destroying bosses in one or two hits. The point isn't to challenge, it's to make a lol OP build to shit on the game.
>>
>>192142191
>no status augmentation lightning

literally trash
>>
File: laughing_americans.jpg (12 KB, 237x213)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>192142587
>Crit LW

It's been a fun afternoon of Torii Gates with shitters who don't read patch notes.
>>
So todays patch fixed abyss spelunking co-op right? Anybody want to go diving?
>>
>>192140094
There is never a point in Nioh where forging is a good idea.
>>
>>192142765
But thats for dumb kids to get views and upvotes on reddit
>>
Is there some skill that increases attack when getting hit? Whenever I kill hundred eyes and get hit by his eyes while doing reaper using Suzaku my damage boosts from 11-12k to 18-20k, I don't have any surrounded bonuses or anything can't see any skills that would do this.
>>
>>192143302
>being good at the game is for dumb le redditards
Hmm
>>
>>192143279
Forging is pretty chill nowadays.
>forge weapon with star affix you want
>defile it for etheral and those sweet +'s
>reforge the remaining stats
Assuming you got the mats it is less tiresome than farming bosses and what not for drops with good star affixes.
>>
>>192143414
Not him but
>being good
A video where somebody does a boss fight almost completely naked is far more impressive than watching somebody use a build they looked up online and two shotting a boss.
>>
>>192143379
if you still use kigetsu that's from ailment bonus
>using suzaku
stop
>>
>>192143628
It's for the amrita boost, it's just my farming set. No I don't have kigetsu, might just be consecutive damage build up? But it's a really big boost, the other bosses in Hyakki Yagyo don't get that much of a damage boost maybe it's just hundred eyes is super weak.
>>
>>192143259
I'm free now, but how deep are you?
>>
File: MuramasaNGII.jpg (220 KB, 1024x2489)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
I completely forgot this old fart is from Ninja Gaiden as well.
>>
>>192145769
I guess tome never really did take over
>>
>>192145958
too busy getting SNOWED
>>
Wew medusa powder is some real nice shit
>>
huh
>>
Does Saika even block? He's still way too shuriken weak for a jap mercenary
>>
File: infetterance.png (85 KB, 1000x1000)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>192148006
HUH? HUH?
>>
>>192129684
>crit LW builds absolutely BTFO
Damn, when did TN become so based?
>>
>>192148145
Why do you hate other people cheesing? How does it affect you in anyway?
>>
I'm playing the normal game.
Every hit by the Spider woman one hit killed me. Every hit in the 3rd fight against Onryoki one hit killed me. So, when I defeated them, I got that title where you kill a boss without being hit once. One hit from one of those damn enchanted Yokai is already enough to kill me.

Am I too damn weak and need to respec or is this normal?
>>
>>192148297
Stop giving (You)s for shitty bait you autist
>>
>>192148428
Are you on Samurai?
>>
>>192148428
>being hit by jorogumo
Wew lad
>onryoki
If you mean greater demon hunting mission onryoki it is superpowered there
Still go and upgrade your armor, it's not souls
>>
>>192148428
wear armor with high toughness
>>
>>192148428
The spider shouldn't be a problem.
The Onryoki mission is meant to have inflated numbers.
>>
>>192148297
Try getting summoned by these same faggots every time. The lack in variety of builds is disgusting and I honestly would rather branch out than play with these faggots. Now that every fag under the sun with the build has to make their own build or quit I'm content knowing that I don't have to watch some idiot pop a leeching talisman every time I hit the torii gate.
>>
>>192148428
>getting one-shot by jorogumo
Yeah, you're insanely weak. How can you be that underlevelled?
>>
>>192148823
>not using leeching
shitter
>>
Anyone has actual numbers how much worse equipment lightness bonus is on light armor like hayabusa compared to familiarity?
>>
>>192148680
>>192148690
Was it normal to not be hit by jorogumo? It took me a while to notice you can beat her when she is one the ground, since I'm used to "hit once, get the hell out". Yuki Onna was much easier than the spider woman for me.
So, it was not my character that sucked, onryoki in that mission was hard.

>>192148686
How do I find better armors than those of the normal mission?
>>
>>192148145
>Dey arr beating arr gamu too eassy nerf everryfing
Pretty much Nioh in a nutshell. Next patch will nerf iai. These devs love destroying everything strong that removes the slog that is endgame.
>>
>>192149186
I was at the recommended level, I think. I also get one-shot by Yokai. And those small skeletons take 1/3 of my health if they hit me (yes, sometimes they hit me, I suck in this game).
>>
Did Abyss Masamune get easier or did I just learn when to attack, his charging attack seems to track way less now don't even have to dash.
>>
>>192149393
It's the second weakest boss in the game, just dodge behind and smack dat belly
>>
>>192149394
more like
>these people are having fun
>SHUT
>IT
>DOWN
>>
>>192149648
>having fun
>crit LW builds
Nice try shitter.
>>
>>192149648
>PC players literally get the no fun allowed edition
Sensible chuckle
>>
>>192149394
Oddly enough the main game is still just fine and some of the strongest Nioh gameplay. It's this loot grind bullshit in post-game that is shit.
>>
>>192149629
Yeah, I killed her eventually. Basically, it seems like what other people call the hardest bosses end up being the easiest for me. And the easiest end up being the hardest.

Umi Bozu und Tachibana = zero deaths
Yuki Onna, Vampire Girl, Nue = few deaths
Spider girl killed me tons of times.
>>
>>192149393
If you collect the fragments her defensive pose does jackshit. Then you can whale on her sides with little to no worries until she does the strongly telegraphed butt spin.
>>
>>192149551
Ignore the recommended level. It means literally nothing. You need to level up and get some better armor if you're getting bodied like that.
>>
I've heard that the Abyss automatically throws you out at level 30 sometimes. What's that about?
>>
>>192150282
Ah, thanks. I just complete all missions and sub missions. I guess I will have to grind a little.
>>
>>192149809
For sure, all the way until WotW is fine. Afterwards (and dlc bosses) really ramp up the fuck you players factor. Shit sucks too, ethereal gear and looting in general at end game is fun, it's just the gameplay itself sucks because none of the devs seem to give a shit about a well rounded game, just continual spiteful changes aimed at making the player feel bad. There is a very clear reason why LW builds were so common, the alternatives are a slog to grind for and even then the end game balance is fuck you get one shot until you grind multiple set bonuses and even then you still will.
>>
>>192150393
If you haven't cleared The Queen's Eyes on WotW you can't progress beyond floor 30.
>>
>>192150704
Is that the last hurdle before you can go all the way to 999? I've unlocked WotN but haven't even got to Sekigahara yet.
>>
Post your builds post patch 1.20. It better not be shit.
>>
>>192151485
No reason to do anything but hayabusa or futsunushi. Maybe some axe or odachi stuff.
>>
>>192151485
running kusa and 2kat
4 pc kigetsu
5 pc susanoo
kame-wari helmet
>>
>>192151485
Karajishi odachi
7sussanno
4 izanagi

all heavy armor, 7.4k hp
>>
File: 1504557759731.png (66 KB, 470x589)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>192152071
>susano
>>
>>192150430
Yeah I can not understand the appeal of getting your shit shoved in 20 times until you win. God bless coop.
>>
>>192152385
I'd argue 7 sussanno is good for odachi as its normals and strongs are all pretty good moves

and its skills are lacking, especially when it comes to fighting human opponents
>>
>>192151485
1kat main sometimes switches to axe
spear secondary

3pcs Izanagi's Grace
6pcs Japan's Bravest (24% Skill Damage lmao)
2pcs God of War Looks Down (-25% Firearms Damage cause fuck handcannon enemies in this game)
>>
>>192152385
>not wanting max strong attack damage
>>
Wait, are people who keep themselves at 1hp trying to claim things kill them in one hit?
>>
>>192151105
Yep. 30-999 all fall under the WotN bracket.
>>
>>192152520
I use Odachi but haven't made any Susanoo yet because the main "strong attack" I use is twin moons which is still skill damage I think.
>>
File: 58178680_p2_master1200.jpg (333 KB, 1024x1024)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
Just had a crushing defeat in the Abyss. Want to kill myself now.
How do i get over it?
>>
>>192153426
Go Torii gate and see just how terrible the average player is.
>>
>>192153426
down the river not across the street anon.
>>
>>192153426
Go back and show that punk what superior gaijin man-meat can do.
>>
>>192153426
>gets beat in a game
>has no persistence
>no resolve to beat whatever is challenging you
Tell yourself that you're a fucking loser that needs to stop giving up.
>>
>>192153426
>one-shot by one of the awfully designed DLC bosses
>crushing defeat
>feels bad over this
nah senpai
>>
>>192153750
It was Onryoki.
>>
>>192153648
>taking video games this seriously
>wanting to die a dozen times just for a quick feeling of reward
>>
>>192153910
>>
What causes elephant bird to fall over twice? The first one is hitting the head/horn, but when I was wailing on it, it got back up then fell over again. Is it running out of ki in the air or something?
>>
File: 1471521996240.jpg (79 KB, 398x724)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>192153910
I mean I guess if he had his balls okay. Those things have absolutely retarded tracking. But still man...
>>
>>192154185
smug anime anon here, yeah if you got balled there's no shame in that. The tracking is fucking awful and the dodge timing for it is fucked if you forgot for even three frames that you can't dodge that with smart play or placement or any conventional vidya skill.
>>
>>192153910
regular or giant/greater demon hunting?
>>
>>192154135
It's just the horn that causes it. You must have accidentally hit it again somehow.
>>
>>192154331
>says in the Abyss
What do you think?
>>
>>192154185
>>192154315
>trying to time dodges to avoid the wrecking balls
Literally just start sprinting sideways when you see him reach for a ball and it'll sail past you like nothing.
>>
>>192154340
so every time you hit the horn it falls over? That's pretty ridiculous with odachi.
>>
>>192154315
if he's throwing overhand, sprint directly left or right on your controller. if he's bowling it, sprint directly right on your controller. if you start sprinting as he grabs it and head right you're pretty much guaranteed to avoid it.
>>
>>192148145
>based
they would be based if they made a specialized tonfa build be a bit stronger
>>
>>192154435
>>192154540
eyyy
>>
>>192154016
>>192154185
I was trying out new moves. Thought i picked up my guardian and began trying said moves.
He didn't even have his ball and chains.
It seemed like it happened in slow motion, i activated that new 1kat triple strike at the same time i see my grave still under his feet.
Attacked right into a haymaker.
>>
>>192154445
Yeah, but so it is.
>>
>>192154445
The bird is utter cancer if you don't do that so it evens out
>>
>deflect projectiles and throwing perks are basically in the same pool
What fucking logic does that even follow
>>
>>192156926
It's so you have to choose between being a master of timely guards or a ninja spamming fag.
>>
>enter new abyss floor
>only one effect present
what?
>>
>>192157281
>doesn't read the patch notes
>>
>>192157693
Wait, so I only have to do one plane per floor now? So treasure rooms are basically gone now?
>>
>>192158007
divine and etherals are also more common now
>>
File: 083.jpg (36 KB, 728x495)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>1.20fags
>>
File: 1503020129475.jpg (373 KB, 450x450)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>192159390
>tfw 90% ccd
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (86 KB, 200x113)
86 KB
86 KB GIF
>>192157693
Wow the abyss is so much more fun now
>>
>all these fights with masamune in the abyss

its like they really want me to lance things
>>
>>192160216
>only need 1 daiba washi for all human bosses
>lai/sotc forever
>>
File: 1338872669376.jpg (29 KB, 500x461)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>TFW I'll never acquire ethereal DLC Sanada legs.
>>
File: sword.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>192151485
1kat/spear: Kingo 6 piece bonus, DLC Sanada 2 piece bonus, Warrior of the East 2 piece bonus. Kara-Jishi is still my primary spirit but I changed my secondary from Aya-Komori to Janomecho for the Evasion Ki usage.

Evasion Ki Usage: +51.1%
Dash Endurance: +44.7%
Running Speed: +39.8%

>pic related
>>
are there any bad ass sets or weapons to look forward to as a tonfabro? I'm still working my way through way of the sammy. Also, is the Sho clan worth hopping into for the +20 tonfa damage and 8% ki bonus? the 30% anti death clan seems to obvious and boring, i don't want to lean on that one too much.
>>
>>192135173
>2 and a half minutes in a game with a combat system as enjoyable as this against the much bigger and imposing enemies
>health sponge
So this is the kind of person who killed this game.
>>
yo, i'm going through a fresh playthrough right now and i can't help but notice almost every single revenant has the warrior of the west armor set. Why is that? i keep trying to see if i can snag some fresh new light armor while i'm going through each level, but everyone is wearing that west armor.
>>
>>192163453
It's the first real set players can work towards acquiring and is a really solid one for what it is. The earliest light set you can get would probably be Kanbei's one, the effects are more supplemental though and I don't think you can specifically grind for it anywhere but maybe you get the text anyway.
>>
File: 1432515414270.png (76 KB, 662x413)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>slap together a critical build
>barely does more damage than my poison ninjutsu build

Did I do something wrong or did they stealth nerf critical effects altogether? I've got +78% CCD from armor sets and spirits, +14% critical effects and everything I need on my weapon. I've even a starred +attack(critical) on my boots but I'm only hitting for about 10-15% more damage than my old build at the cost of being slow as shit (how do you fucks deal with b-gility this fucking sucks) and having very little ninjutsu to meme with. If I could get a good +CCD vs. Poisoned accessory my iga-odachi poison meme build would do more damage somehow.
>>
>>192163453
Its either that or they're wearing Kingo's armor.
>>
>>192163201
>rolling around a big fat hyper armor thing for 2.5 minutes
>great combat
No, we saved it from you.
>>
>>192164031
>tfw never used A agility
>>
File: igadachi.jpg (295 KB, 2048x1152)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>192151485
7pc Iga 4pc Izanami. Ninjutsu shenanigans and poison with an Odachi because it's fun. This was back from 1.19 but nothing really changed between patches except gaining another ~60 points into heart.

Although I'm currently trying a critical build >>192164031 but it's pretty ass and I'll be respecing back shortly.
>>
>>192135173
The real real problem is tonfa do fuck all for damage outside sarutobi-paralysis memes so it's no wonder everything seems like a health spong to you.
>>
>>192164083
>what is Ki
>>
File: 6435472.jpg (54 KB, 900x831)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>mfw having 100% elemental resist while guarding
Best decision I've ever made.
>>
File: 1499389034999.jpg (141 KB, 859x1024)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>192164717
>guarding
>ever
>>
>>192165064
>being a roll2win soulsbaby
You should try out some of the other options Nioh throws at you, they're actually viable here unlike in souls.
>>
>>192165064
I bet you like Bloodborne, nerd
>>
>>192165064
Karajishi and heavy armor make blocking really good
>>
File: Spoiler Image (147 KB, 1920x1080)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>192164338
toughness 86

holy shit do you enjoy being one shot for every mistake you do
>>
File: 1431039755371.gif (144 KB, 630x469)
144 KB
144 KB GIF
>>192165064
>not having 81% mid-guard ki reduction
>>
>>192167730
I have 81.9%, too! :D
>>
>>192167609
Unironically yes. It gets really frustrating against shit like Shigezanepede and Mitsunari but being forced to play near flawlessly and pulling it off gives me a raging hardon. That and feeling superior to heavy armor buff stacking todo fags never gets old.
>>
>>192162503
Sho clan is the way to go, you need all the attack you can get for tonfa.
there's a good set in DLC2 for one of the characters. Sarutobi full set bonus gives a huge buff to paralysis, so you can proc it really fast and stunlock enemies to death. The tonfa in the set are unique and work as guns, and you can do a pointblank explosion attack at the end of combos with it.
>>
>>192163453
>>192164004
>doing the same thing
>working on Medium armor 2kat build right now
>decide to get all the pieces since there's a million revenants with it
>realize (No Rear Bonus) means you do mroe attack but can't use the rear bonus at all, which actually makes you weaker.

Why are people using this meme armor? You can't even get tiger sprint until way later in the game. Raging Bull is so much better. With fuse-ushi on you get so much health for that early in the game.
>>
Concealment or Enlightenment?
Always prioritized the damage, but after doing a build that didn't use kunai I see how valuable the latter skill is given it's way easier to reapply quick change.

exactly how much damage does concealment add?
>>
>>192168571
Raging Bull is good but not everyone would want to go with heavy armour. Plus you can always stop at however many parts you want to avoid the final bonus if you're ok with getting behind them.
>>
>>192168834
~20%

If you're not focusing on throwing weapons it's not really worth it.
>>
>>192168834
I dunno about how the damage is, but the instant cast is extremely handy. One thing I think people don't really know is that it lets you apply buffs while attacking, including with plunging attacks. So if you get killed while Quickchange is active, you can do a plunging attack and reactivate it immediately while still in the air.
>>
>>192168989
Don't get me wrong. I just switched out a piece and took advantage of the other bonuses. I just feel like it's a little underwhelming for a 7 piece set, while the other ones are better at only 6 piece cost. It definitely has its merits if you're using moment or guardian talismans, though. Paired Raiken makes it so easy to get that electrify bonus damage.

>not everyone would want heavy armor
it's funny because you need 12 stamina for B agility with it. feels kinda steep for that early in the game when you could invest in other things like getting your heart up.
>>
>>192169128
>>192169378
My other build was a kunai build so I guess it was definitely helping there. Kinda feel like I was spoiling myself not having to get close to Centipede Shigezane.

In my experience I always had to wait to land on the ground to activate it. I don't know if I was just not doing it or what. Power pill definitely worked in the air, though.
>>
File: 1463123851169.jpg (15 KB, 415x292)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>192168273

>pointblank explosions at the end of combos

you made my day
>>
>>192170158
it's only on devastation or crimson lotus.
in other words when you hit Square after Triangle combo or Triangle after a Square combo. You just hit the finisher button an extra time. Nothing in the game says that part, had to go looking it up to even find out how to fire it.

pretty satisfying. I recommend investing in Medusa Powder, as well.
>>
i'm pretty new to this game and its stat point distribution. I started the game with the dual swords and tonfa since i like akimbo style weapons. They both scale off of skill as well, which is convenient. Am i just dumping most of my points in skill and a few in spirit for guardian perks? i'm not sure how much i should be investing into things like heart, dex or magic, or even stamina/body if i need to. I think i saw the stats go up to like 200 or something, should i be shooting for anything that high? or is it sort of like the souls games and there is a cap somewhere? I just don't want to waste too many points and putting myself in too rough of a position. I don't care much about min/max stuff, just want to make sure i'm not going full retard is all.
>>
Monohoshizao or Sekishu Kazusada for Odachi
>>
>>192170586
For the entire main game, don't fret about it. You are free to experiment and build as you like and probably would have decent fun with a build with about 20 in every stat just to get access to the magic and ninja mastery missions. Respecs are not hard to come by, but so long as you keep collecting good gear and swapping up as it comes along, you should be able to beat it just fine.

You shouldn't neglect health or ki. You might not need the latter but you'll surely need the former.

You'll have to care about stats a lot more in post-game content.
>>
>>192170586
No breakpoints. No pvp meta so level however you like.
>>
>>192170798
Jiro tachi
>>
>>192170586
The only real limit is in dex or magic.
Once you hit 30, your jutsu capacity caps out at 30. You can use skill points to get it up another ten to 40. From what I've heard when you unlock the ability to go above 99, you can raise it another 10 points going from 100-200.
on that note, do you keep getting skill points to spend when you level them and they sweeten the deal by making it like 4 per level which is really good.

25 spirit will get you all the effects on spirits besides those in the DLC. 34 will get you every effect.
IMO there is no reason to dump straight into skill only at the start. You're really best off keeping the stats even. It doesn't even add that much more damage early on. You'll be getting 1 point most of the time, and if you level heart or body you will be getting the same for the respective weapon.
Stamina is the optional stat. It depends on what class of armor you want. If you want light you won't need level it at all.
>>
File: momoface.png (397 KB, 526x654)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>be knee-deep in WotD, clearing out abyss floors to the best of my ability
>decide to try torii gate for shits and giggles since i never really touched it since the game came out
>get summoned to a twilight mission
>oh sweet
>check status menu
>mission level 30
>>
Really digging the historical accuracy of the amour sets most of the cast wears. Shima Sakons though strikes me as the most fictional. Aparantly Nobunagas western style armour with the cape is a debated issue
>>
>>192174459
don't look a gift horse in the mouth m8, Way of the Samurai co-op twilight missions are ez glory since difficulty isn't a factor in how much you get
>>
File: 1507872184042714083063.jpg (3.23 MB, 3006x5344)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Trying to work on this sword but for the life of me can't get it to roll change to attack anything. Anyone know why?
>>
>>192174965
u using umbracite?
>>
>>192175362
No, don't have any left. Just divine fragments which always seemed to work before.
>>
>>192175409
the pol is too big now, it may take you hours not worth it tho , if you have a lot of divines gear , purple like 3k+ you can look for a clan giving umbracite as a reward for donating stuff
>>
File: DL_yuBqUQAAx7SI.jpg (152 KB, 1200x675)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>cant soul match above 50+
>>
File: 77e.jpg (103 KB, 496x818)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>tfw you're so used to A agility Tonfa/Kusa with the occasional movement buff from amrita that even B agility 1kat is too slow
>>
>>192181807
slap on dat tiger runner scroll
>>
File: Nioh_20170928024616.jpg (601 KB, 3840x2160)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
Shh, /ng/ is sleeping
>>
File: NiOh-6-1.jpg (173 KB, 1000x1000)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>192183921
too many video gaem
>>
>>192183921
SHIT NIGGA DEATH BE COMIN FOR YOU AND SOME SHIT
>>
>>192184231

F

That was a nice twist with Sasuke at the end
>>
>fixed a bug where Tonfa low-stance heavies had reduced range if Focused Strike was equipped

Jesus, I knew something was wrong. They fixed the name and description errors as well
>>
Water Sword or Windstorm?

also, is there any practical reason to have
Earthly Flow alongside The Shrike, or is it a waste of skill points?
>>
>>192186864
Both Water Sword and Windstorm are good for different things, so that's more of a personal preference thing. Personally I just use my other skills for when I have a big opening so I stick with Windstorm, but Water Sword is fun to use.
Earthly Flow is one of the only parries that works on any attack regardless of what it is or what it comes from. When it's successful you're invincible for the entirety of the counterattack, but the timing and positioning on it is pretty awkward to get a handle on, and in many cases you could just dodge or block instead. I like keeping it around for the novelty and unique utility though, it feels really awesome to use it to go through big attacks.
>>
>>192187709
Windstorm is safer so I will probably just stick with that.

the startup animation seems to be just like the other parry, so I'm guessing the timing is a lot like that move. IT's good to know it works on any move, though. I might start using it a lot now.
>>
>>192133920

Familiarity, no contest
>>
>>192154435

This but with Ishida's windslashes
>>
>>192187859
The timing is pretty much the same, but the enemy attack has to make contact with where your blade swings down at your side, so you have to time it right and be in a close position. The attack you get isn't particularly strong either for all the trouble but maybe it'll make some attacks easier to deal with. Raven Tengu are great to practice it on especially with their spin kicks.
>>
>there's no proper wiki about all the item/set modifiers with accurate numerical values and interactions

will there ever be? i hate googling scattered reddit posts about what people think this or that actually does
>>
>>192190949

We can hope that the PC userbase gets some proper data mining done and makes it a worthwhile wiki
>>
>>192167609
>toughness matters for amount of damage received
Can this retarded meme stop already
>>
>realize I had extra ninjutsu I wasn't using
>FIFTEEN SUPPA SCROLLS
This is even more cheating than crit LW in many situations, it basically gives you 15 free kills against anything in a level.
>>
>>192191972
Yeah have fun oneshotting reds
>>
>>192191972
>needing 15 suppa scrolls
5 is more than enough for an entire stage, unless you're a shitter who can't even one shot red mobs.
>>
>>192192032
>sneak attack
>or catch horns for yokai and final blow
>high stance combo
does enough to kill pretty much every red.
>>
>red kusarigama yokis

ha ha ha... ha
>>
>>192192296
I feel like they input read. namahange are sort of similar, in that their movesets are so wonky and hard to predict. The slight pauses they have where they might or might not attack make them challenging at all times. The kusa yokai though. I know the kusa moveset, I know what's coming. If I attack during a pause in their attacks, they attack. if I don't, or block, or dodge, they don't continue chaining attacks. You can only attack when you know they are vulnerable, like the high stance strong attack where they throw the metal weight.
>>
Just starting out and wanna mainly use swords and bows. Should I focus on leveling Heart? Also a bit of magic would be cool, although I don't know what magic even is yet in this game
>>
>>192192626
level whatever you need to use the shit you want to use. weapons scale with three different stat and have a grade for how well they scale with each of them. If you don't know what to spend points on, spend it on the stat that scales best with your weapon. It's impossible to fuckup a build in WotSamurai.
>>
>defiled 15 Jiro Tachis
>less than half get CTA STR, mostly Stamina
>none of them get worthwhile graces
Fuck this, all this shit about "make a build" out of random drops is a waste of time.
>>
>>192164717
I have the same but without even needing to guard.
>>
so what's the difference between game modes? Acton/movie/etc
>>
File: 020.jpg (41 KB, 466x558)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>look up videos of how tonfas are used IRL
>nothing but white weebs doing weeb shit
>youtube won't stop recommending me weeb ninja videos now
>>
>>192193543
Action prioritizes the frame rate at the expense of resolution, 720p at 60fps. Movie does the opposite making the game 1080p while capping it at 30fps.
>>
>>192194005

If I stuck with 30fps I might've found it easier to return to bloodborne
>>
so how is the divine , ethereal drop rate now i keep getting shit at 102 luck
>>
>>192197262

Much better in WotN. If nothing else put on Ninetails for that increased drop rate
>>
>>192197262
in the abyss
>>
is it better to join the toyotami clan asap to maximize your amrita/gold flow? does it stay at 4% forever or does it scale a bit higher the further you get through the game? i'm still making my way through samurai atm.
>>
>>192196246
Nioh ruined Bloodborne for me

>>192197565
It scales with your loyalty bonus and rank in the clan. I dunno if Toyotomi is that useful, consider something like Honda instead
>>
>>192198185
Or Tokugawa
>>
>>192197565
compared to other clans you could be in the bonus is trash. Unless you are really low level you only need to worry about gold/amrita when you actually farm it. You could waste good clan/effect slots on gold bonuses to get a tiny bit more while playing, or you could just farm restless spirits a couple of times. similarly you can worry about upping amrita gain, or you can just farm marobashi. Once you reach WotW amrita gain especially just goes off the charts. By WotN you'll be getting enough amrita to level once or twice from playing any mission, even at level 600+.
>>
>>192197565

The longer you stay with a clan, the greater the benefits you get from its bonuses
>>
>>192197565
Who gives a shit about gold or amrita? Gold is farmed by restless spirits rewards and you get more amrita than you may want off marobashi. Join todo like all the shitters do
>>
so what does make lw last longer durability or duration i know it seems obvious but i went from 4.2 to 12.3 and i see no difference
>>
>>192199029
Durability refers to how much time you lose if you get hit during it, while duration is the overall time you have while in it.
>>
I heard that reduce firearms damage perk is actually good? Is it really good and if it is what armor pieces can roll it?
>>
what is the best element for my weapons against almost everything , i feel like fire for dot but most enemies have resistance against it and not to mention these muds going allahu akbar
>>
>>192199697
lightning or water
>>
>>192199697
the best element is having another damage stat instead of an element.
>>
>>192199943
>not using talismans
>>
>>192200072
>using talismans
>>
>>192199665
it's good because the game considers pretty much every ranged attack a firearm attack.
>>
>>192199943
>implying all 7 effect slots can be for damage

usually the last slot of a weapon is "wasted" on ki damage or something. I wouldn't use an effect slot on elemental with my primary weapon, but it's nice to have on your backup.
>>
>>192200139
but does it work for annoying crap like tengu blast, human bosses sword magic and rokurokubi/red kappa faggot balls?
>>
>>192200261
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/6z9926/list_of_attacks_negated_by_100_received_firearms/
>>
what does determine my movement speed ,dashing , running , dodging , etc i know there are 3 tiers A , B ,C so does the weight % matters like being 31% and 69.9% will have the same mobility?
>>
>>192200261
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/6z9926/list_of_attacks_negated_by_100_received_firearms/

This may have changed with the patch. Pretty much anything that's not-melee is included with few exceptions. idk about kappas, I feel like it might negate damage, but still proc the paralysis. I haven't tried a 100% reduction build before.
>>
>>192200492
No, only tiers do
>>
>>192198496

What does todo do? I'm In sho atm since I'm using tonfa for now. I was only considering toyotami cause I didn't know how much it would impact over the long run.
>>
>>192200469
>>192200708
>Lightning strikes from Nue, Nobunaga, Orochi, etc.
>Yuki-onna' icicles, and the AoE that form when they hit the ground
>Yuki-onna's stomp AoE
>Trail of fire left by wheelmonks/Sanada
Hory shiet i need that
>>192200820
hp and i think damage for wearing heavy armor
>>
What does firearms reduction conflict with on arms/waist/legs, I can't get it to show up.
>>
>reach first shrine
>gibs me free gold armor and super stronk nippon steel
These numbers are crazy. Did they just gib me mid/end-game tier free shit?
>>
>>192200708
I don't think it's been changed, I've been using 100% firearms damage reduction since WotW and haven't noticed a difference in 1.20
>>
>>192201230
it can only be forged on armor and helmet tho
>>
>>192201230
Inherit it. Forge chest/helm armor for inheritables or go to Spirit Stone Huntress in WotStr
>>
>>192201282
>thinks the free stuff they gave out in boons is end game
No.
>>
>>192201548
>go to Spirit Stone Huntress in WotStr
What do you mean?
>>
>>192202624
He's telling you to go get killed by a cute blonde Spaniard.
>>
I want to get good at cheesing with my spear. Any suggestions?
Fuck trying hard at a video game.
Cating about honor in a video game is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>192202709
you're a patch too late.
>>
>>192202709
>cheesing with spear
>when most of all of the spear's damage comes from its combos
Change to a new weapon.
>>
Best place to farm accessories?
>>
Why do you nerds get triggered by people playing coop to beat the game or cheesing?
You guys just loaded up with the usual elitist autism or something? Or are video games that serious?
>>
>>192200708
>>192201343
hoooly shit..

now i know what i'll be inheriting on my gear pieces
>>
Starting to think I'm mentally retarded or physically incapable of beating Namahage I just can't beat those cunts, have to cheese them every time
>>
>>192202709
>>192202976
saem persin lul
>>
>>192202827
No. I like my spear mystic art. I just hate practicing at a video game and want to steamroll shit, not poke, dodge, poje, dodge, poke, dodge.
At least I can summon people to beat the hard stuff for me I guess.
>>
>play nioh of all games
>summon some stranger to do the content for you

hehe
>>
>>192203189
Literally nothing wrong with that. Ot's just a game dude. Am I like, supposed to prove myself over a game? That's just silly.
>>
>>192202691
but why?
>>
>>192202976
>same boring build
>coop is the first thing fags choose to do when they haven't even explored on their own
>look guys I'm such a whiny baby bitch who needs someone else to carry me through everything
>I don't like trying
It's boring and adds nothing to the thread. Might as well have never bought the game in the first place if you can't handle playing by yourself sometimes.
>>
>>192203053
What weapon?
>>
>>192203343
it's all good, i don't blame you because i know how much bullshit there is in the game
>>
>>192203429
So what is wrong with coop? I'm lazy. It's just a game dude. You don't need to prove yourself at games. That's just silly.
>>
>>192203189
>glory farming
>summoned from WotN to WotS
>purposefully kill everything asap before the host even sees it to try and kill their fun
>they always die anyway falling off ledges.
>>
Some people summon even if they don't need the help. It's fun to run through Twilights or something with an equally skilled player
>>
>>192203458
1kat. Still kinda rusty, haven't played in a while
>>
What the hell is that skill after crashing waves at 0:31?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_uPyd_sVNo
>>192203725
Dude just heavenly flash their face then iai from the back
>>
>>192203546
I can understand doing coop if you really can't beat something by yourself, but if you're just gonna hang around in the back then you can go fuck off.

And for the 'proving yourself part'. No one is proving anything. Do you just give up on every single game when you get to segment you can't beat? What, are you gonna ask a friend to do it for you so you can brag about "beating" a game? Nice achievements/trophies, fag.
>>
>>192203807
Interesting. I too have no idea what that skill is.
>>
>>192203546
>watching someone else play the game is a game
why didn't you just watch a streamer and save yourself the cost?
>>
>>192203985
Looks like the attack when you switch weapons during a ki charge.
>>
>>192204086
but how it's done without actually switching weapons, just pressing switch button is enough?
>>
Why am I supposed to be an mlg autist instead of using the coop feature? Why is it such a big deal to you people if someone doesn't want to spend an eternity learning every single small bullshit detail to a boss? Even the Souls fanbase isn't this stuck up.

>>192203960
Why would I brag about a fucking video game? It's jist a video game. Why choose that as something to impress people with?

>>192204048
Cause I like playing it, but can't beat some of the bullshit by myself? Do you seriously think dying 20 times is fun or something?
>>
>>192204345
Nice loser mentality there. You say you died 20 times; okay, I can understand doing coop then, but you can't even put even a little effort into a game? You say you like playing the game, yet you can't even pull yourself to play at a somewhat competent level, and that's just being average. Why do you even play any games in the first place? You see a challenge and you choke and cry for help. If that's you how you apply yourself to a fucking game then I don't want to know how you are in life.
>>
>>192203698
I've gotten butthurt messages from people I've salted away for trying to speedrun levels.

No one benefits from beating the level as fast as possible, unless you are just trying to beat the level as fast as possible.
>>
>>192204686
I can play okay. Not amazing. Just average or below. I just don't like how you autist think everyone needs to be able to do every single fight by themselves.
Honestly it's just me and my friend playing through the game together and he just happens to be way better than me.

I just find it amazing how you guys take "gittin gud" so seriously that needing help or not being able to keep up with a handful fights mean you need to stop playing. Am I supposed to seriously care if I can't handle the dlc at the current difficulty I'm on? Am I supposed to seriously try, and try, and try every time a double boss fight fucks me up every time? Just for a little reward in a video game? Why am I supposed to spend hours upon hours dying numerous times just to eventually learn every boss's bullshit instead of cooping or cheesing which is way faster and easier?
>>
>>192205185
You have any hobbies? Do you bother with trying when doing that? I honestly can't see why you don't want to beat something by yourself. Actually, why are you even browsing this thread if you know people are going to shit on you for complaining about how you play? Might as well just go to reddit then.
>>
>>192204086

Heaven Flash? That's forward + X after a combo in low stance
>>
>>192205553
Why do I need to beat stuff strictly by myself? It can take a ling time, fuck that. What is so wrong with needing help?
>>
Is there any way to get back to the first part of the level in Siege of Osaka, Winter? I can see the last kodama taunting me and I've been running around for 20 minutes trying to find a way back to that area with the first cannon.
>>
>>192205827
i've no idea, i wasted some time there aswell but couldn't find shit

btw, does the guy give more cannon ammo or how do you get to fire all cannons?
>>
>>192205982
The last canonball is in the moat I'm pretty sure. Not entirely sure though. Fuck that level. Fucking hate it.
>>
>>192205770
All I see are excuses. You've already given a reason to need help, and that's enough. Why go back to the same rhetoric? What compelled you to visit /vg/ or rather /ng/ in the first place? Was it to get your cock stroked off by everyone else conforming to the same mindset as you? Clearly the worst place to bitch and moan to.
>>
>>192205827
No, once you jump down around mid level you are toast
>>192205982
Cannon ammo are corpse loot, one is in arrow location 3 near the last ladder and i think second one is in some arrow location as well
>>
>>192206165
No. I just think it's funny how some of you are such hardasses over a fucking video game. I don't give a damn about being mlg at a fucking game. If I need help I'll get help, nothing wrong with it. If I want to play through it with my friend cause coops are legit fun I'm going to. I just can't understand why some like you think the whole game should be about learning every single thing, or dying a lot, or proving how much of a video game "badass" you are.
>>
Does anyone still use 3kat?
>>
>>192206336
Fuck
Senso is Jigoku
>>
>>192206578
I would if i had slots
>>192206645
just make a second run later and branch out
>>
>>192206443
Then why are you even discussing this game here? You keep mentioning that you need help and all I see is you looping back and forth. I've already stated that no one is proving anything but you seem to like to completely disregard everything you read so I can't even see a point to me replying to you. What's the point of discussion if it's not about the game's mechanics or lore? If you're not gonna share any information and instead focus on how you seemingly 'can't understand' why people who actually like a game enough to want to be good at it, then you can fuck off. You obviously don't like the game enough, so I could care less what you have to say after this post.
>>
>>192204334
Then he probably has two Odachis equipped.
>>
>>192207015
So because I play with others that means I don't like the game enough? That doesn't make sense.
You still sound like it's somehow a horrible thing to play with others, do you just have no friend to play with?
>>
>>192207370
Nah, I ain't a shitter who gives up.
>>
>>192207521
How is playing with others giving up?
You keep saying no one is trying to prove themselves, but that's all you keep implying that the game is about. You aren't a badass just for being good at a game you know?
>>
does the armor appearance change when you build it from higher quality materials?
>>
>>192207521
m8 you sound like a smug tosser, nobody is impressed
>>
>>192207521

Cool your autism jets and let him summon
>>
>>192164717
i STILL dont know where that damn image is from.
>>
>>192164717
I have 91 when guarding or something, but I have an additional couple elemental damage reductions on top of that that don't require guarding. Feels good. Fuck those tengu and flying red man.
>>
>>192204334
I don't know how many people know this and looking at the video he just has two of the same weapon, but there's actually a technique for doing the weapon switch attack with the same weapon. By holding R1 before you finish your attack, you can swap weapon after you finish it and then do a late Ki Pulse and switch back into the weapon you started with. It takes a little getting used to but it's pretty cool.
>>
>>192208294

Nope
>>
>>192207940
You keep repeating yourself. Being lazy must be real nice huh? You can say whatever you like and make as many excuses as possible because you can't seem to understand how another person might think. And no, no one here is a 'badass'. This is pretty much the last shitty post I'm giving (You).
>>
>>192209263
You still haven't said why coop is bad.
>>
>>192209410
You're cheating yourself out of the real experience.
>>
>>192209263
To play double's advocate for a second, I never summon anybody but I'm constantly putting myself forward as a visitor. It's a doggy-dog world, and online is dead enough as it is. They need help and I need glory, I'll take what I can get and I won't begrudge them the need for help. It benefits both of us, and sadly competent help isn't the diamond dozen it used to be.
>>
>>192210205
I wish people would play pvp more

its just me an sacredforce at this point
>>
>>192209939
How so? Dying a lot and spending a bunch of time learning bullshit that bosses do, instead of kicking ass with your friend or someone else is somehow more fun?
This may come as a surprise, but different people like different things. I pretty much always coop in any game that has it. Does not matter how good or bad I am. There is really no difference between cooping in this or playing by yourself and being lonely. You still have to learn to dodge boss attacks and all that. You still die. You still get better. I really don't get how coop is not a "real experience".
>>
>>192210445
>different people like different things
It's funny how you say that, you can't understand him and he can't understand you. Great.
>>
>>192210682
Nah, I'm just messing with him for saying no one should ever do coop and what not. Like I said I just find it amusing how looked down upon coop is when there is literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>192210445
I'm pretty much in your corner even though I never summon. I've been a visitor enough to know that the host is as good as dead if they don't know the boss's patterns whether they summon or not, so you're going to die until you understand the fight whether you go solo or co-op either way.
>>
>>192211174
Yeah. Even though my friend can just fuck shit up, I still have a long way to go until I get as good as him, which might not even be possible for me, but I still have made improvements. I beat the epilogue on demon only because I shoved one of the Kelley clones behind a tank by pure luck first go, then just kept walking sideways to avoid hundred eyes lasers and popping stones to spam living after he kept stomping my shit. Didn't really have to do that to hundred eyes on the previous difficulties, so I'm planning to play the boss rush with him on samurai and strong before I try him in Wise when I eventually get to the epilogue. Another example is Hino Enma used to fuck me up hard on demon and wise. Now on good days though I can manage to actually keep up with her speed, as a result of being summoned by people worse than me to fight her.
>>
Get a room, faggots.
>>
so should i get elemental damage reduction when guarding or recived fire arms damage?
>>
>>192212146
I'd say elemental.
>>
>disabled automatic updates before 1.20 was live
>turn on ps4 today
>1.20 has been installed!

lel

i wanted to keep my wild spear intact just a little while longer but i guess not
>>
>>192212146
Get then firearms damage and then get elemental damage reduction too.
>>
>>192211770
Like I say, I've never summoned, but I'm on late-game Way of the Wise right now and I never expected to get this far. When Way of the Demon got added, my first thought was
>Shit, I'm struggling on Way of the Strong, I'll never get that far. It's not for me, I'll just stick with clearing NG+ amd leave it at that.
Same again when Way of the Wise came out and I was halfway through Way of the Demon. Now I'm curious to see if I can handle Way of the Nioh. You'll surprise yourself with your drive to keep going. Before you know it you'll be thrashing fights you never dreamed of soloing and having the bravery to take on fights you'd normally summon for without any help at all.
>>
>>192212209
I thought it was still reasonably usable?
>>
>>192212238
I'm not a very fast person is the thing. I pretty have to get help for some things no matter what. I would cheese but nothing about my character is reallybmeant for cheesing besides wild spear, which got nerfed.
>>
File: 1505053360988.jpg (25 KB, 349x349)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>have 6.2k defense with hayabusa set
>die like a bitch in 1 hit by anything
>my old shitty build with 5.k def somehow tanks 3 hits

so what does defense do
>>
>>192212209
did you lost any gear with 2 graces if you had one?
>>
>>192212272
i haven't experimented much yet and i'm hoping for the best, it's just that i feel scammed because i deliberately changed the setting to prevent this and it still happened
>>
>>192212665
didn't have any but i heard that they fixed all the bugged gear people had
>>
Jesus kusari yoki are damn hard.
>>
>>192212557
The only thing that matters at that level is damage reduction. Defense is basically just a number that only matters in anything below Way of the Demon.
>>
>>192213087
literally hardest enemy in the game if you take the plain old 'wait for opening and punish' route
>>
>>192213184
Yeah, but at the same time they are strangely refreshing.
>>
>>192213087
>can't outrun him even with tiger sprint
>can't block because my ki dies with 3 hits
>100m ranged kusa
>full poise
>trying to hit his head is almost impossible cuz nigger is always attacking and spinning like a faggot

that nigga on abyss is some real shit
>>
>>192213346

I want to know who's making kusarigama in that size
Odachi yoki when?
>>
>>192213520
Never, no more content.
>>
>>192213397
windstoooooorm
>>
>>192213779

Rhetorical question, but can you imagine
>>
File: 1501559291511.jpg (21 KB, 427x427)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>tonfa yoki
>>
>>192213520
single sword namahages are basically odachi yoki. Spear yoki when?
>>
>>192218453

>Red Yoki doing Wild Spear
>>
File: 1485572814530.jpg (182 KB, 442x650)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>bovine demon
>final revenant is holding hige kiri and hiza maru
>"could it be"
>after 30 min get a smithing text
>daihanny...

fuck this shit why is there not a complete list with the smithing texts the only wiki is dead as fuck
>>
>>192219290
no one is ever going to do all the grinding and experimenting to find every piece of gear or get a complete lowdown on every skill effect or the reforge pools.

We just have to pray that when it comes out on PC dataminers will document everything.
>>
>>192219290
plebbit had a gdoc with smithing texts alongside all the stuff
>>192219519
I do hope they at least datamine something, pretty interested in how siege level works
>>
File: br36.png (409 KB, 800x1000)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>192219519
can pc cucks do that?
>>
How good are weapon buffs like rage or autumn dusk? Ar they worth using unstead of power pills?
>>
>>192219721
Games get datamined all the time. It's how we learn thinks like the Street Fighter x Tekken dlc characters were on disk at release.
only example I can think of off top of my head.
>>
>>192129912
2kat is fuckimg amazing though and I'm convinced that people that say otherwise are shitters.
>>
File: 1475616229090.jpg (41 KB, 336x476)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>192219634
>gdoc with smithing texts

just checked , thanks m8

>>192220451
rage is like carnage the only downside is that makes you a bit slower but a tiger sprint scroll and you are fine
>>
>>192219290
>>192221014
Based on that list, Hanzo drops ten million texts in the abyss.
>>
>>192221562
Just starting Abyss level. So Hanzo is a smith text chest? Can I farm him on the 4th floor?
>>
Are the poison/paralysis augments on melee weapon for the weapon only or it affects the status overall and i really should get these for medusa power memery?
>>
>>192222096
I dunno but try it out, according to the list he's supposed to drop so many texts that I can't even count.
>>
>>192221014

I haven't used axes in ages but last I checked, Rage increases your attack in exchange for higher ki consumption when attacking
>>
Did anyone do any tests with wild spear post-patch? How much it got fucked?
>>
>>192220845
yay my friend, sign of the cross spam is so fun
>>
Is bear bane hyperarmor on its entire duration?
>>
File: 1507472521767.jpg (32 KB, 297x331)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I still can't figure out how to do the gun tonfa skills.
Also what is toughness really? Pose/stability of blocks?
What does my parry percentage mean?
>>
>>192223827
well it's totally useless against this guy before nine-tails and i'm fucking pissed because now i keep losing here
>>
>>192224219
No.
>>
>>192224684
Yet i'm not getting guardbreak in 89 toughness armor for pretty much its entire duration
>>
>>192225426
Okay. Most of the things in the abyss interrupt it for me.
>>
>>192224225
>gun tonfa skills.
press finisher once more, for example [square combo] - triangle - pressing triangle once more triggers gun
>what is toughness really
Just poise
>What does my parry percentage mean?
If you mean parry stat it's ki spent on blocking (i have no idea what number itself means)
>>192225532
How much toughness do you have and what floor? The more i play the more it seems you need like 300-400 toughnes to actually poise in higher difficulties
>>
>>192225807
My toughness is 345 and I'm at floor 74.
>>
>>192224225

Tonfa gun is activated by double tapping your combo finisher. E.G Devastation which is square at the end of a heavy chain. Tap it twice and you'll follow it up with the Tonfa gun explosion.
The higher your toughness the less ki you lose when you guard. It also affects how much poise you have
>>
Does extend parry opening stack? There's one on two armor sets, then the sword mystic art.
>>
>>192226459
No
>>
is crit LW BTFO in this patch
>>
>>192228020
Yeah.
Unfortunately.
>>
>>192226036
Do you get poised out of normal attacks too? Holy shit 345 is STILL not enough
>>
Wew this new ethereal rate is something else, they are as common as divines now, i love this
>>
>>192228463
On what difficulty?
>>
>>192228463
i did ogress twilight mission on wotn and like every third mob dropped something ethereal

i'm not sure if i like this, it's not exciting to get them anymore
>>
Returning from vanilla game, haven't played in a long while. Used to run the gimmick slow + axe combo that tore bosses a new one, how's that held up past all the patches?
>>
>>192228191
Most of the time no. Some enemies like onyoudo can interrupt me though. I want the smithing text for warrior monk's hood so I can try out with that one too.
>>
>>192228595
Wotn definitely, on floors 20+ which are wotw they were common too
>>192228779
At least i can actually kill stuff for ethereals now, this is a definite progress over how much of a pain they were initially
>>192228869
Not sure it even exists, probably faster to get a drop and defile it
>>
>>192228804
It's fine in NG and NG+. Anything beyond that will require a little more thinking.
>>
>>192221562
>>192221014
>>192219634
Can y'all link to the gdoc? I can't find it anywhere. I can't use reddit for the life of me.
>>
>>192229217
It does exist so that's why I want it so I can make twenty of them and defile until I get the right one.
>>
>>192229413
Literally type reddit nioh google document on google
>>
Just finished the DLC and the moth waifu's effects seem awful. Am I missing something or is it really just straight up shit?
>>
>nine-tails on wotw

fuuuuuuuck, this isn't very fun at all
>>
>>192229709
>have this rock
Abyss Nine Tails took me a while but I'm kinda glad I did it since I learned how to fight it, this is what Abyss is doing for me I now have to actually learn patterns and openings it's a nice change of pace until I get bored and resort to one shot tactics later on but right now I'm happy with my luck build that does decent damage with 535 Luck+ living weapon Luck.
>>
>>192229705
nope , i think they made it shit on purpose
>>
>Gamo Ujisato, Yamanaka Yukimori and Maeda Keiji will never be boss fights
>>
>>192230124
when do you get guaranteed hits in and not instantly punished for getting closer?
>>
>>192230345
She does two tail spike moves which you can easily bait by just walking to her left or right sides I think also the back works as well, she will slam her tails into the ground giving a huge opening for some attacks, the sides are more safer I believe, the back she can do other moves, her wavy lazer attack has some noticeable build up when she does it so you can run straight to her and get attacks in since it does have a long animation, don't fuck with the homing fire balls thankfully you can see them coming though she kinda tricks you sometimes I just use an audio cue to know when its coming, there's also another move she does I can't remember what it is, I think it's one long barrage of attacks then she spins around and roars has a huge opening after it you can get lots of attacks, the main problem I find is the rocks she throws kinda hard to see sometimes and she can do it at weird moments, always gotta be on alert for it.
>>
>>192229705
Mothgirl is awesome though.
>>
>>192230278
>>192230850
damn, I was really looking forward to it
>>
>>192230789
thanks

i'm sure i'll get this in time but damn is it tough
>>
>>192230975
I use her conatantly. She is good. Don't listen to him.
>>
>>192229583
>Drop from Hanzo in the abyss
Jesus christ, is "Drop from Hanzo in the abyss" just a placeholder expression in this doc? I refuse to believe Hanzo drops that many texts.
>>
>>192231315
I haven't even gotten a single text from him and I've killed him quite often already.
>>
>>192231449
>>192231315
The Boss version or enemy version?
>>
>>192231315
in the list says hanzo drops viajra tonfa but i got that from fukku so maybe all the npc cn drop the texts ramdomly
>>
>>192232272
Enemy version. I don't think he is a boss outside of dual bosses.
>>
>>192232632

What floor did you get that from fuku?
>>
this is the biggest meme patch so far, every change has been taylor made for reddit
>>
>>192232951
110 -120 i don't remember in which exactly but it was in that mision with the foxes and omnyo mages in the last area where you fight the big fox in the regular mission
>>
>>192219519
>>192219721

I thought console games were datamined as well
>>
>>192233209
>meme patch
>taylor made
>reddit
You sound like an utter retard.
>>
>>192233362
dive into the nearest trashcan, your garbage
>>
nice exchange of posts guys
>>
File: 1493533710547.jpg (46 KB, 278x251)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
what the fuck I had no idea you could buy more shortcut item sets
>>
>>192233458
*you're
>>
>>192233458
Stay in school, kids, or this anon is your future.
>>
>>192233648
It's new.
>>
File: Nioh_20171013135559.webm (1.88 MB, 1280x720)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB WEBM
poor hundred eyes
>>
>>192233273

As someone who's just cleared 35, how tougher do the enemies get? Does it just plateau at WotN difficulty?
>>
>>192234213
>Does it just plateau at WotN difficulty?
somewhat, the increases are some what minor
>>
>>192234332

Neat. I've not even beaten Kinki region and my gear's averaging at level 300+40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXu0x7r3xkI

Best region music
>>
>>192234119
Is this a joke boss or something? I haven't gotten to it yet but I keep seeing stuff like this.
>>
>>192234119
thats because his floating eyes also recive damage
>>
>>192234785
I know

poor hundred eyes
>>
What's the best place for accessory farming? I'm still doing the goold old trail of the master.
>>
>>192235594
A Request from Ginchiyo on anything above Way of the Samurai gives you a divine accessory as a reward.
>>
>>192229475
Apparently you can reroll grace by backing up abyss save with item at counter 3 and savescumming until right one sticks. Graces also come in packs so you can sorta control them
>>
do bosses still drop smithing texts in NG if you beat the game or do you you have to farm them in NG+?
>>
>>192235737
Alright. The trails of the master on wton is still the better option then.
>>
>>192235990

Depending on what difficulty you're on, the lower the difficulty, the lower chance the text has of dropping
>>
Ok I think those texts and other items like those Seimei Talismans are random, just got the fire version from a red centipede dude I thought they were just boss drops before.
>>
>revenant has a fraction (like 20%) of attack and hp his red bar npc has
wew
WEW
W E W
red bars were a mistake
wotn was a mistake
>>
>>192236143
I got one talisman from fuku and one from red skeleton near the chest in not-spidertits-castle so it seems they are either completely random or drop from any powerful enemy like droplets
>>
Is it worth buying the season pass for this game? I've been waiting for this to go on sale in UK for a while and it's down to £20 but the Season pass is an extra £12
>>
>>192238298
Yes. A shit ton of content
>>
>>192238298
in 4 days you can get the game for free on the mustard race
>>
>masamune can be cheesed by headshots
well this just got 10x easier
>>
>>192238464
>4 days
>>
>>192238374
Alright then, what's the deluxe edition though?
>>
>>192239064
It has all the stuff and couple exclusive weapons.
>>
File: Nioh_20171002104256.jpg (543 KB, 3840x2160)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
Bump before bed
>>
>>192239506
It's always been bothering me how easy of a boss Honda is.
>>
>>192239161
I think season pass & main game is the best option then. Is not having PS plus going to make the game significantly more difficult? I did Bloodborne without co-op the first time through, so it's not a problem if it does.
>>
>>192239797
Not really. I've never summoned help. The only thing you'll be missing in my opinion are hilarious random encounters where you join somebody's game.
>>
File: nioh-tokugawa-ieyasu-1.jpg (968 KB, 1920x1080)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>
>>192239506
Honda should be thousands of times harder than he is.
>>
>>192241549
Seriously. I was expecting him to be one of the hardest in the entire game, but instead he's one of the easiest by far.
>>
>>192241754
To be fair, I like everything else about his presentation in the game, but it just so happens that his patterns make him like the easiest human boss in the game, except maybe if he starts regenerating more than you can hit him for.
>>
>>192242002
Me too actually. He has a great armor and weapon design, great spirit design and a great voice. Oh and he's a huge cool old man. The only boss I find easier in the game is Saika. I might be biased because of after Horizon I've liked every incarnation of him.
>>
>>192242002
I run an unoptimized character and he could always regenerate for more than I could hit him for.
The thing is, if you just keep the pressure up and immediately get back on his ass after he activates LW he won't get a chance to heal.
>>
I hate this game
>>
File: gonna crit dat ass.jpg (61 KB, 260x273)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>192242256
>tfw you reflect projectiles on magoichi
>>
>>192242686
Or just throw anything at him when he's flying.
>>
>>192242783
It's like you don't even style.
>>
>>192242994
I know, but it's just too funny to throw rocks at him.
>>
>>192243068
fair cop guv
>>
>>192243160
I also throw rocks at Honda when he does the spirit thing that uses all of his ki.
>>
>>192243335
I wonder why they decided on that. It is so easy to to take advantage of.
Sanada has an AoE of similar scale when he uses Janomecho, and it doesn't consume much more Ki than most other attacks.
>>
>>192243828
Maybe exactly so you can have some advantage instead of just lol i'm sanada have fun beating me out of my lw fag?
>>
Does defiling put new effects on accessories?
>>
>>192247856
no faggot
>>
>>192247889
Why do you have to resort to instant faggotry?
>>
>>192247889
Even if they have empty slots?
>>
dead as fuck
>>
File: KONO YUKIMURA.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>192249698
No, YOU'RE dead as fuck
>>
>>192250301
I haven't tried it yet but can't you just do a headshot on him even in LW state?
>>
>don't want to do abyss because it's an autistic grind and the whole debuff thing is a fucking terrible idea as the planes take forever to complete
>read patch notes
>"After proceeding to the next floor in the abyss, only 1 abnormal status effect will now become active again."
>"*only the effect from the least recently completed plane will become active again."
>oh this might be actually playable now
>go into abyss
>still have 4
>beat floor, go to next floor just to be sure
>still have 4
what gives, I'm not doing this annoying as fuck mode if this didn't change.
>>
>>192251384
you have to clear the abnomral status effects

say you take out 4, the next floor will be 1
>>
>>192251496
will it keep adding one each floor to a max of 4 or when i get it to 1 it stays 1 forever?
>>
>>192251606
it'll add one each floor
>>
>>192251384
just suppa/catwalk/tiger scroll and run through the levels.
>>
File: 1503380747352.png (4 KB, 164x202)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>192251656
yea
nah
>>
>>192251759
but I have 0 points in any ninjutsu
>>
>>192251929
Pop some locks then.
>>
File: 1507789065850.jpg (14 KB, 324x451)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Do I need to do all the sub missions in Way of the Samurai? I do the ones that give me guardian spirits, but I just really don't want to do the other ones.
>>
>>192251929

Eat some hair. Jutsu brings fantastic utility and they hand out points for free. You have no good excuse.
>>
>>192251384
I don't see any problem with how the abyss used to work at all and even less now. You sound like a whiny baby.
>>
>>192250301
sure i am if i get hit for 9k in a fucking heavy armor what the fuck
>>
>want to fight the seemingly still playing pvp AAA rankers
>never there

what the fug
>>
File: 20171013_202120.jpg (1.13 MB, 2048x1152)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
does this actually works i feel like wasting cups because i get the same shit so nothing
>>
>>192254752
It definitely does work but rng is always rng
>>
Wew they are definitely nerfing firearms reduction next, shit is so great
>>
>>192252484
You don't need to do anything but the main missions.
>>
>>192250301
Why does he look kind of like trailer trash?
>>
File: 1507673721857.png (366 KB, 600x450)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>192255215
Thanks mate. I hit a roadblock on the mission I was on so I'm going back to fight this guy without getting hit. It's pretty hard since the Odachi is slow. Does it count as getting hit if you block?
>>
>>192255521
He does look a bit like my cajun cousins, I think it's the facial hair and the helmet concealing his facial structure and hair
>>
Seriously lw nerf was kinda pointless, instead of abusing lw people will just start abusing medusa/blister beetle hayabusa memes which is basically just as broken but slightly harder to pull off
>>
>>192256291
Once a shitter always a shitter
>>
>>192256291

Basically any focused build is pretty strong. Just stack the shitloads of modifiers and you are good to go, really.
>>
>>192251929
>no quick-change in the abyss
no wonder you're so whiny
>>
>>192250952

You can, it's pretty much the only way to kill him in a reasonable amount of time since he plays like a KH character otherwise.
>>
>>192256291
crit LW was way stronger than any other build though. Plenty of builds are extremely strong and let you cheese bosses. But nothing else lets you speedrun WotN missions one shotting every single enemy, even red yokai. It might be possible once you get ridiculous abyss drops, like +100 gear but that's way beyond endgame shit.
>>
>>192256291

It's incredible how much opinions on the game changed. I remember on release when people were talking about how wind and paralysis were worthless.
>>
File: Nioh_20171009175708.webm (2.07 MB, 750x422)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>192255539
remember to bully musashi
>>
>>192259604
They were useless on release. Wind only developed any kind of practicality once we started getting difficulties that kill you in one or two hits.
Also, it took people fucking ages to figure out what Wind did.
>>
Hi bois

I just started playing and I'm having fun. My inner weeb has been cumming buckets.
>>
>>192259606
I haven't gotten that far.
Also Muneshige is still causing me problems. Both mid and low stance are useless because they're slow and he can simply attack through them, but high stance is still a gamble since some of his attacks still go through and he can fire them off after you started an attack.
>>
Which skill is better to have on my Sakuyahime/Kagutsuchi fire build, Wild Spear or Tornado. Is there any better skill than Renegade Dragon for applying elemental debuffs now after it got buffed?
>>
Should I be levelling heart or skill if I want to use mainly sword and bow? The game says they scale with heart but the numbers seem to go higher if i level skill
>>
File: 1445393495829.png (803 KB, 1100x700)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
What's everyone's favorite weapon/guardian spirit(s)? I'm curious as to what my fellow /vg/ers use. Toss your favorite armor/set in while your at it.

I'm starting fresh again since march, with all the DLC in tow. Naturally i'm playing with the new weapons for a bit, and loving the tonfa so far with some enko lovings. Haven't unlocked the dlc areas yet, but planning on burning through to them during my weekend.
>>
>>192260117
just do both.
>>
>>192259871
good shit m8, which weapons are you favouring
>>
>>192260117
Whichever skill the game says levels best with your weapon is the one that levels best with it. Part of the reason why you'll see the numbers for some stats go higher than the "dedicated" stat is because Nioh's stat scaling works differently to Souls; the figures rise and fall in waves, so you'll get +2 damage one level, then you'll get +4 next, then +6 next level, and then the next one will be +2 again. Repeat.
There are no softcaps and the game is pretty open about which stats are the best for your gear.
>>
>>192260209
2kats, Tengen Kujaku, Oda's set

Shame sword of meditation doesn't work like it did for Oda pre-patch, it might have been nice for applying confusion then like all the stuff around him is based on.
>>
>>192260295
Been using the Tachi you get at the shrine with the DLC. Loving it so far. Played around with an odachi dropped by the first yokai for a bit too which was fun. I lol'd when I equipped it and saw what a monster it was. So far sword and bow is my fav, and odachi for funsies.
>>
>>192260624
single katana is pretty good for defensive utility, if you want to get the most out of it you should learn backwave and tempest ASAP and put some time into learning how to pull them off, they'll let you melt human enemies like butter, but don't worry too much, that's just a suggestion, the most important thing is to have fun with it on your first playthrough

odachi is a good raw strength weapon with more speed than the axe and a little of 1kat's utility, you can't go far wrong with that pairing
>>
>>192260209
Crashing waves on Odachi is my absolute favourite skill, there's nothing like blocking an attack string then countering with it for a guard break. Despite it's poor range it has great tracking and works well against humanoid bosses too.

Mainly out of a lack of better graces I've mixed 5pc Tatenashi (with inherited firearms res for ~90% reduction and ~80% elemental reduction on guard), 4pc Izanami for the CCD and the healing in Yokai Realm and 3pc Kushinadahime for the defence on life recovery, so whenever I touch a yokai realm or absorb amrita for HP I get the buff refreshed.

Crit LW wasn't nearly as fun as this, I'm only on Abyss 75 though so it might not hold up forever.
>>
>>192260895
Only unlocked Iai and crit strike for no stam enemies so far and am clearing house, aside from a fuckup here and there from being so used to BB and DS3.

I'd use odachi more often except it's only barely stronger than my tachi. I'm sure later I'll find stronger ones and unlock more skills that make more difference.
>>
>>192259604
Paralysis and wind are still worthless in general
>>
>>192261842
don't shittalk paralysis or grapple tonfa webm guy will come back
>>
You know what should have been included in this game? This thing
>>
>>192262061
you mean it would've just taken the hammer's place instead?
>>
>>192260209
I used two different elemental 1kats in both slots until I got to Way of the Demon, and then I started going 1kat/Odachi.
Itokuri has been my nigga since I got to Way of the Strong and started lusting for them sweet sweet divines and smithing texts, and ever since then I've pretty much always had him as my second spirit for the luck boost and sometimes in first for the item drop boost. Primary spirit never really stays fixed, but I use Daiba Washi and Mizuchi a lot for their talisman knockdowns and equipment/gold boosts.

My armor selection is terrible though, I've been using 2pc Kingo's for final blow damage, 2pc Genius Strategist for the timely guard expansion and 4pc swallowtail for the CCD and luck bonuses. I still haven't found any graces that I actually want to commit to or am willing to lose my current bonuses for.
I'm shit at this game and need to get better.
>>
>>192262143
I ain't know about no hammers yet. Just starting out, but it would have made more sense to have this as the bludgeon
>>
>>192262061
I wish there were claws like NG.
>>
>>192262061

if they put that in the game i would be very happy. I make due with axe/hammers, but i'd really like to have that weapon to at least be a weapon model i could fashion into.
>>
File: 1469984069379.png (387 KB, 640x480)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>192262150

I'm with you on Itokuri. I'm still ripping through way of samurai. Once i get my second guardian, i want to get mizuchi and just be a big fat greedy fuck with all the luck, item drop, gold gain, amrita gain and what not.

fuck i love nioh. I've never gotten to the really hard difficulties before, but i'm looking forward to getting all that juicy loot and getting my ass beat doing it.
>>
What does tempering do? I got some Umbracite from the clan war and I don't want to waste it. I didn't expect the tutorial to come up when I was reforging so I skipped over it.
>>
>>192264087
Go into reforge, but when you select a weapon for normal reforging, hover over it and press triangle instead to go into the tempering menu. It's essentially rerolling but you get to pick from a table of outcomes, so the average number of rolls you'll need to get something good is massively reduced. You reroll the table for every slot on the item by tempering any slot.
>>
>>192264206
Thanks mate. I assume I should wait until Way of the Nioh to start using Umbracite?
>>
>>192264880
I've been using it as early as WotD. You'll get a shitload of it from co-op.
>>
>>192264997
>>192264997
yeah, you get a fair load of it but it's not like you'll need it until you get ethereals where you get the highest tier of rolls.
>>
cca enemy out of ki and cca zero ki enemy are they the same the explanation is to vague
>>
>>192265594
zero ki is when the ki gauge is empty amd you can't use any action that requires ki

out of ki is when the gauge is red and human enemies are out of breath/yokai are staggerable
>>
>>192265262
Thank you. I just checked to see what I could get on my Odachi and one of them was CTA Stamina A-. Grabbed that and went from 496 to 564.
>>
>>192265594
theyre functionally the same, yes
>>
>>192265963
STR is probably the best to go for because of natural scaling, but at least you've got it figured.
>>
>>192265758
so i will have x% damage against enemies that are in red status (enemy zero ki)
and the other is when an enemi ran out of ki so literally the same wtf
>>
>>192266269
they're not literally the same, but they are two states that are literally one attack away from each other
"zero ki" is the state you have to be in before you can be knocked into "out of ki"
>>
File: 20171013_225626.jpg (1.01 MB, 2048x1152)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>192266441
but it says this and the other is : increases close combat damage against enemies that have run out of ki.
>>
>>192266173
Yup yup. I'm just going full on Stamina since I really like heavy armor. I can never find armor that is better than Warrior of the West.
The only armor I can find with more defense is just higher leveled Warrior of the West.
>>
>>192266761
nigga I'm telling you
just be told
>>
>>192266805
refashion my man
>>
>>192267059
That's what I've been doin'. If I find any good WotW gear, I instantly go and refashion. Hell, that's what I'm wearing barring the chestpiece. If I can find a good one, I'd have the full set equipped.
>>
>>192266805
>1kat and odachi
>5 heart, 10 strength
Damn, son. I know you're just starting out but apply yourself.
Also, for reference, Change to Attack doesn't replace the stat a weapon scales with. It just adds a new stat for the weapon to scale with in addition to its native ones.
>>
>>192267059
he is tho

>>192266805
im level 188.

that will persist for a while but you'll get new ones. Those probably won't match tho. soyou'll still be refashioning.
>>
>>192267212
The katana is mainly just for the set bonus. I don't really have any use for it otherwise since all I have on it are the parry skills.
I know that getting more Heart and Strength would be good, but I'm just grabbing as much Stamina as possible so whenever I find heavy armor later in the game, I'll be able to wear it while still being under B agility.
Yeah, CTA A+ also gives less scaling than a stats natural B+ scaling as well.
Now that I think about it, I could just get some other stats and respec whenever I find heavier armor.
>>192267327
Nice. I've heard that the Obsidian armor was good for people with a ton of Stamina since it had CTA Stamina A.
>>
File: Taro.jpg (76 KB, 343x524)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Can I quit now?
>>
>>192268042
>famdam isnt A+

you messed up
>>
>>192268340
I haven't seen familiarity A+ since the big nerf before DLC1 released.
>>
>>192268524
A- with a brand new weapon will be A+ when you have max senpaiarity
>>
>>192268524
you have to roll 3 stats at once to reforge it
>>
>>192268692
That hasn't been the case for months. A- familiarity damage only goes up to A at max fampai.
>>
is there a recommended number to bring heart up to for tonfa usage? i've been focusing points into skill and body with some spirit, but i'm finding my ki running on fumes pretty quickly. tonfa don't seem to scale off of heart, so i'd like to not invest any more into heart than i need to, at least until endgame or something.
>>
>>192268703
Pls elaborate.
>>
>>192268971
nigga, roll 3 stats at once at the blacksmith using the normal reforging, not tempering. its as simple as that but it only works with ethereals
>>
>>192269060
Rolling 3 at once gives better results than rolling a single stat over and over?
>>
>>192269143
Yes, it gives you max rolls
>>
>>192269143
yes, you can even roll CTA AA- this way
>>
File: 65379502_p0.jpg (106 KB, 499x742)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>192269190
>>192269205
Shit niggas thats a fantastic bit of information.
>>
Don't sweat over Senpai dam A+ or CTA AA--, the damage increase is nothing
>>
File: Nioh_20171014113626.png (372 KB, 707x553)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>192268042
Reached the cap today as well, I think we gotta defile these to go further beyond.
>>
>>192268853
I've got A+ senpai weapons tho. maybe if you are using a really old inherited one it doesn't work? I always roll my yellow stats manually.
>>
>>192269647
it becomes something when you snowball all those damage modifiers together
>>
Are there any Odachi with interesting blade designs for refashioning?
>>
>>192269882
Are you certain? I don't want to call bullshit because I want to believe you can still get it under normal circumstances, but at least on all gear up to and including Divine, I've never rolled a familiarity damage bonus that maxed out at anything higher than A. That's with manual rolling as well.
>>
>fight ogress in the main mission
>that mask
Wait... Am I able to get that mask?
>>
>>192270160
Yep
>>
>>192270115
I just got AA- on a forge but it's a starred roll, so it's not normally obtainable that high at least.
>>
File: 1505415291462.jpg (42 KB, 400x300)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>192270212
Perfect! I can't wait to grab it!
I think I can get through the stage really quickly, but holy shit going past those Wheelmonks over and over again is going to give me stage four cancer.
>>
File: DKxnO_wVYAEmn-P.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1080)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>192270094
there is this

Minjin maru has bones and blood
Usami nagamitsu has a thick blade
Jiro/Tarotachi have shiny blades otherwise plain
Kamui is wonderfully ornate
Hotarumaru has a unique blade but is kinda weird
>>
File: 1501503103259.png (89 KB, 200x220)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>192270408
>he doesnt know he can just go to title after killing a boss
>>
>>192153426
Okay so i finally turned the game back on.
When i died at the time i immediately closed the application out of anger, but when i loaded up just now i started at shrine in the abyss.
All of the defiled items i had werent in my inventory but after i killed Onryoki i got them all back.
Did i just cheat the system?
>>
>>192270094
Hotarumaru is pretty fancy.
Mijinmaru is edgy as fuck.
Takahira Odachi looks like a long, slender chef's knife, which is pretty neat in its own way.
>>
>>192270380
And after rerolling a FamDam Bonus of A- is maxed out at A with 999, so it seems there was a change.
>>
>>192270115
You're right I just checked then. I never even noticed since all the others can go A+ and I've got some with AA and zero familiarity.
>>
>>192270562
Just to clarify, you're saying that if I kill a boss and don't get the drops I want, I can just go back to the title and resume back at the shrine for a rematch?
>>
>>192270910
yes. that is exactly how it works. now you wont have to run the stage over repeatedly
>>
>>192270724
>>192270737
Yeah. It used to be the case that you could get A+ famdam, but there was a patch just before the first DLC that rebalanced it. I'm pretty sure it was the same patch that removed the initial 750 level cap and the Trail of the Master oni-bi infinite amrita glitch.
>>
>>192270998
Thank you. I wish I knew that while I was trying to get the Nue Mask.
>>
File: Nioh-dlc-1.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>192270910
Yes, and you'll be doing that a lot if you want Ogress' mask, because she doesn't drop it as an item. You'll have to fight her until she drops the smithing text for it.

Also, the Onryoki boss drops the smithing text for this neat helmet.
>>
>>192271008
I suppose it makes sense, agility, less armour, equipment weight and consequtive attack all have downsides to them to get the full effect. Famalam doesn't. Not that it really matters I think the difference between A and AA+ is only a few %.
>>
>>192271146
Oh boy, I can't wait to get those.
>>
>>192268865
I don't know man, just invest in it until you stop running out all the time. I think it's really comfy to have 25 to 30, but that's just me.
If you have 8 skill points to spare you can always get Relentless 1 passive on the sword skilltree which will get you 5 levels worth of ki. Samurai Skillpoints are like candy in this game and you'll be getting every passive skill eventually anyways regardless of your build.
>>
File: Second Try.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
Good lord, these horns are huge.
>>
Glad I never played LW builds before Abyss so I got tons of spirit stones to spam now
>>
>>192274368
>>
>WotN Umi Bozu

Please tell me this is it and I don't have to fight this stupid fucking blob again in the Abyss
>>
>>192275586
whats wrong with umi bozu? and no you dont because it needs a special arena and they didnt accomodate the abyss for that
>>
>>192275707
Floor 999 has a special arena that drops you off into the umibozu arena where you have to fight all the bosses one at a time in their strongest arena form ending with bloody umibozu himself
>>
>>192275568
What? LW is still broken, I do exactly the same thing as in 1.19 which is leeching + buffs + stone -> 1 or 2 shot boss unless it's Sanada or Masamune but even they are easy
>>
>>192275568
1.20 just ruined critical LW. full life LW wasnt touched at all
>>
>>192276432
No one does full life LW though, you still go critical for the tenacity. My build lost like 10-15% damage which doesn't matter at all, some bosses just take 1 more hit
>>
Can you get Kojiro's armor? I want plain clothes but there aren't many good looking ones.
>>
What does confusion debuff do to you?
>>
>>192278719
2x more damage toward the thing that has it
>>
I've just revisited Nioh that I played like month ago. The mission was one with Nobunaga and Orochi. To my suprise I found a lot of new enemies - some fox yokais, yoki with kusari gama. And I don't have any dlc. I tried to find something in patch notes, but there's no info about new enemies in main campaign. I wonder what enemies they added besides these ones. Does anyone know?
>>
File: Nioh_20171014074928.jpg (896 KB, 3840x2160)
896 KB
896 KB JPG
I know what needs to go on my pirate armor now.
It's cool that they remove most of the affixes if you beat them in the prior floor but damn, that's three planes less of loot.
>>
>>192279447
I did some main missions in NG for the traveller titles and some enemies were changed to DLC enemies
>>
>>192279447
they put the fox spirits in the Mount Hiei mission as well. I'm only just about to start Sekigahara region, though. I don't think they added any of the other DLC enemies to the main game, though. I get the feeling the blue oni will be left out and so will the long neck yokai and four arm yokai.
>>
>>192277589
I'm pretty sure he just wears General of Kigetsu armor.
>>
File: 1506963486227.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>192277589

Kojiro just wears some generic armor. The Ishida samurai in Sekigahara wear it, but his doesn't have the crest. Closest you're getting is Unit Leader/Samurai General
>>
>>192279897
General of Kigetsu doesn't have a coat.

>>192279996
>>192277589
Gallantry is the closest if you want the white overcoat.
>>
>>192279880
Those yokais should remain DLC exclusive. As far as I see, they added few enemies in missions that suffered from repetative enemies most
>>
File: DK1xaW3UEAEPlO7.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>192277589
>>192279996
>>192280121
>>192280862
why wear anything else then Yukimura's great white coat
>>
Is Firm Resolve a good mystic art? Is it a damage reduction % effect, or does it give you a useless flat +defense increase? From the wording it sounds like it's the damage reduction, but I don't want to waste 7 points on it if I'm better off with momentum.
>>
>>192280862
yeah, in Mt. Hiei the foxes were all in places where they replaced extra dwellers, and they put the big fox in place of the large skeleton at the end. That stage already had way too many dwellers.
>>
File: 007.jpg (41 KB, 247x236)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>abyss is nothing but the date bros ft. sarutobi (mysterious samurai remix)
>>
>>192280949

The ugly-as-sin Mijinmaru ruins it
>>
>>192281657
lol just do a LW build
>>
Show me your /fa/.
Open to suggestions on the trousers.
>>
>>192282098

Full Swallowtail. You can't improve upon perfection
>>
File: GaijinGear.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1080)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>192282098
I wish we had proper Geta, the only ones that exist have leggings so they're not obvious.
>>
>>192282245
Yeah, strongly considering refashioning the pants to just that. It feels a bit uninspired but it looks great.
>>
>>192282098
I'm still using the first one. Darker colors are easy on the eyes and the Platemail Gloves don't shine too much in most areas.
>>192266805
>>192274359
I only wish the Nue Mask had less blood on it.
>>
Why didn't they just make abyss random. They purposely put the same boss like 3 times in 10 floors I don't understand.
>>
File: DMFUCYYVQAAOf1N.jpg (92 KB, 1200x675)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>192282098
goin back to Shigezane's set
>>
File: Nioh_20171006174301.webm (1.21 MB, 750x422)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB WEBM
this thread needs more webms and I cant keep making them all
>>
If I define an ethereal, will that change its grace?
>>
Respeccing is so fucking annoying with all the confirmations
>>
>>192284537
No
>>
>>192284567
I'd respec so much more if repeccing could be saved like you can do with equipment sets. Use a book and instantly change your entire loadout.
>>
Do you still get bonuses for "purging" the permanent yokai realsm in abyss? Like if you have kek talisman active while inside it?
>>
>>192284650

Balls, alright thanks
>>
File: DMFUCMIUMAIarhg.jpg (93 KB, 1200x675)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
MASSIVE SWORDS
>>
>>192286506
Or tiny man?
>>
>>192286830
Manuri Teasu and the Kodachi
>>
Accessory tempering fucking when
>>
Kato + Tengen spirit swapping is so much fun
>>
>>192287020
2 accessories with 7 slots of perfect effects would be way too strong, I don't think any effects on accessories can conflict either.
>>
>>192287721
fine
defiled accessory rerolling fucking when
>>
>falling through the bridge in random
I'll have to sudoku now
>>
>>192287863
eh, that would be a crapshoot, might as well just farm drops in that case. Accessories are just about the only thing I get excited about as drops nowdays. I've got some good ones with 5 effects that work well, but there's always a chance ofa juicy 6 or 7 slot perfect one.
>>
File: eyy.png (561 KB, 476x752)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>192282098
i wanted to steer away from the usual samurai looks and i got the foxmask text so i wanted to do something with it
>>
Were odachi ever used in battle historically or just as a ceremonial thing that smiths could make to swing their dick around?
>>
File: IMG_0697.jpg (17 KB, 397x398)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Has anyone tried activating Suzaku without any weapons equipped?
>>
>>192289501

Rarely in battle but they were used someone. More commonly they were tremendous offerings to shrines
>>
>>192266892
You're thinking of Attack Damage/Surge Out of Ki, that's when you're out of Ki.
>>
>>192269143
WHAT! Why 3 though? Or 3+?
>>
>>192270448
Personally I really like jakirimaru because it's like a huge kitchen knife.
>>
>>192292269
3 or more stats and they'll all be the best rolls possible
>>
>>192282098
I have legendary strategist top, hayabusa pants, london boots and gloves.
>>
Which one's better: Twisting Spear or Wild Spear skill damage on spear
>>
>>192293482
twisting spear
>>
did inheriting grace items on preexisting items (like tatenashi) get patched too: or is it just items that had dual graces on them?
>>
>>192293534
Yes, I had items like that and they were fixed
>>
>>192293682
oh, that sucks. thanks for the heads up
>>
it would've been p cool if grace inheritance (the actual stat) worked like the glitch
>>
>>192294208
stacking graces makes crit LW look weak in comparison.
>>
How did people do 999 floors so fast. I've done 70 today and I'm sick of it.
>>
>>192295620
They have more time and better gear than you.
>>
>>192295620
critLW
>>
>>192295731
>>192295802
I have +45 gear. The abyss is just a slog even with LW.
>>
Sanada and Date were so disappointing. They were supposed to be some of the strongest dudes around, but both are pathetic LW spamming bitches.
>>
>>192296176
They just have more time. It's an autistic spree, I should know since I've hit 999; whether you believe it or not.
>>
>>192296518
Does +130 or whatever max level gear make regular WotN missions completely trivial?
>>
>>192296810
Yeah I tried out the Grand Tournament with a +135 spear and I can pretty much just one shot every mob with quick attacks and dash attacks.
>>
>>192296967
I'm at floor 170 now and I haven't upgraded my my gear yet so I'm stiill running with low +40 stuff. It does feel like enemy scaling has stopped though, it doesn't feel much harder than floor 70. Does really high + value armour make a huge difference too? I feel like with +100 you could just face tank everything.
>>
>>192297407
No, I'm still getting one shot by fucking Jin and it's not even in the Abyss. But now I can at least take an extra hit compared to before for everything else.
>>
>>192297526
well shit. I'm no math guy but I'd like to see the formula they use to calculate damage resistance. Even at WotD it seems like all your DR is from flat % reduction. The ratings armour has don't seem to mean shit.
>>
>>192297690
Pretty much, I've already tested and the reduction with all my defense which is ABOVE 10000 barely does anything. Even in WotD if I get cornered I get killed in about 3-5 hits depending on the mob.
>>
Some of these new green starred effects from abyss are insane, especially for ninja stuff. With the new dragon set I think a jutsu build could actually be viable again. Blinded on hit with jutsu seems OP as fuck. paired with unlimited shurikens you can perma blind everything.
>>
>>192282528
genius strategist gear just has socks though
>>
File: e57ujhne.png (459 KB, 482x750)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>192282098
Try unusual for trousers
>>
I hope we'll get some actual numbers with the PC version bring hopefully datamined. I wanna know how worth going for equipment lightness Damage Bonus is
>>
>100% firearms reduction blocks all the bullshit on siege level, both arrows and cannon
yes
YES
Y E S
Fuck this faggot ass level, not going there anymore without that perk until they nerf it.
>>
>>192298439
that blind is trash

the duration its like 2 seconds max
it doesn't work on enemies with bows or guns lmao
most enemies that are annoying as hell like tengu , the new yoki and the others have aoe attacks making it pointless

theres one that gives enemies topor but it last like 1.5 seconds

the only good one i think is lower defense when ninjutsu/omnyo hits , last like the regular weakness but its obviously not as good but pretty decent
>>
File: 018.jpg (26 KB, 219x228)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>192300534
oh...
>>
Does defiling level up to the highest floor you get tto, or does it remember what floor you defilied the item and do it from there? Like say i defile an item, clear 50 floors, would the item be levelled according to the first 3 floors I did, or would it level up to the 50th one?
>>
>>192301358
only the final level matters, and the defilement result rolls when you exit so you can savescum that
>>
>>192300418
does hits still stagger you with 100% reduction?
>>
>>192301649
thanks I was just about to ask that too. I'm getting to floor 200 then I'll pause and upgrade my whole kit.
>>
>>192301941
Yep
>>
>>192301941
They probably should, i'm running 3 hiraishi for additional no guard break on ranged and ccd and with no guard break on ranged arrows get entirely ignored and cannon is only a stagger on direct hit
>>
holy shit this hideyori + nine-tails fight is retarded
>>
>>192302456
it's the only double bossfight where both bosses have high aggro. there's no breathing space.
>>
What's does it mean when the lights flash and and you hear that noise occasionally when you take the boats to a plane?
>>
>>192302547
i noticed, sometimes it felt like hideyori chills a bit but it was just because he stopped behind the tails to spam his projectiles

anyway i just managed to beat them so fuck that shit
>>
>>192302763
Feels like this is the destination getting unlocked or something, this noise is played when something unlocks
>>
>>192303002
It doesn't happen all the time. I haven't taken note of anything different in a plane when I see it happen. So I'm not sure what's going on.
>>
Post what you've got playing instead of the same boss music over and over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goRegJa8Nww
>>
>>192273304

wait, i just got around to reading this. You get the passives of other weapon skill trees at all times, regardless of what weapons you have equipped?
>>
>>192304396
Depends on the passive but stuff like damage from behind (not the sword mystic art though), damage against enemies with full life, thrust damage etc work with all weapons
>>
>>192301941
Yes unless you have "no guard break (projectiles)" effect
>>
>>192304396

Yeah, so long as it's not a mystic art or it specifically mentions a weapon, the passives apply across the board
>>
It's fucking stupid that defiling doesn't add missing slots to accessories.
>>
>complete literally every mission in the game on way of the demon
>still missing the trophies for second dlc missions and the one for all missions on wotd

nice, very nice
>>
>>192304930
Twilight missions too?
>>
>>192305065
yeah nevermind, totally forgot about those

atleast there's one available today
>>
Does Kigetsu still provides decent damage reduction?
>>
>>192305150
don't forget the dojo shit
>>
>>192305237
aaaah shieet

still plenty to do then
>>
>>192303583
I personally think it's just inner workings, plane gets spawned and unlocked, unlock sound plays then you get spawned inside.
>>
>>192303803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN6BIbB2xS0
>>
Just picked up Seimei Wind Talisman off Moonshiggy in the Abyss. I'm assuming this thing can be used infinitely. Is the resistance it gives any good?
>>
>>192307779
not really. better than nothing though.
>>
>>192307779
Have you never done onmyo dojo?
>>
>>192308148
yes but it's been a while
>>
>>192308228
prepare you anus for that one. fucking wooden weapons.
>>
>>192307779
its decent resist but its slow casting only, even with the mystic art for instacast
>>
>>192308360
Nonestly only marume's poise festival was bad
>>192308369
Onviously it is with being item, not magic
>>
I just had the lights flash and noise happen and I got a treasure room. my completely unfounded theory is the lights flash and make noise when you enter a plane because you have triggered a chance of getting a treasure room.
>>
>>192308621
>a treasure room
I've heard about these, but never encountered one.
>>
>>192309313
I've gotten three in ~200 floors. They aren't that great. you get a bit of gold and a handful of items. the room is comfy though and it's a free plane you don't have to clear.
>>
>>192309836
Oh okay I'm only at floor 75
>>
File: 95.jpg (194 KB, 1200x1200)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
hey 999 abyss fags save me from this suffering please , did you found any new 2kats?
>>
Is it worth stacking amrita/money gain % things like mizuchi and toyotami clan during the early difficulties? I'm not sure how important they are I'm the long run.
>>
>>192310149
no, you'll get so much more amrita/gold in later difficulties that it doesn't matter
>>
>>192310149
no, if you need either amrita or gold it's faster to just farm them. You damage output is priority, followed by damage reduction.
>>
>>192309836
>handful
>anything broken in this room drops items like candy, shitton of power ammo and it seems like the chances of higher rarity stuff are boosted
>>
holy shit they really made sure wild spear isn't useful anymore
>>
>>192311226
its fine, its just not BRAIN DEAD
>>
>>192311226
What did they do?
>>
>>192312109
they balanced to not 100% kill some one in one round about

they also increased its overall damage
>>
How come every human boss have grabs but giving even one to William is some sort of a crime? No, the grapple attacks don't count.
>>
>>192313441
but those ARE grapple attacks

and mostly because most enemies are probably not grappable (you'd need a lot of animations for bigger yokai) and most enemies have at best a small sense of self preservation
>>
>>192313441
>other than his grapple attacks why does william not have any grapple attacks?
>>
>>192314890
there's a world of difference between "spend eternity on bringing ki down and if cheating AI doesn't get out of no ki state right away do a lame attack" and "[slides under you] Nothing personnel kid" or literally spam grab and do nothing else
>>
File: 105.jpg (41 KB, 320x214)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>clear a ton of abyss floors
>wow now I can upgrade my stuff
>get my whole kit maxed out to the floor I'm on
>now what to do?
>continue clearing the same copypaste abyss floors but now kill things marginally faster

E N D G A M E
N
D
G
A
M
E
>>
>>192315226

What else did you expect? What would your endgame be
>>
>>192315158
meme
>>
Why are there no tonfa in the way of the warrior dojo missions? I don't have points in any other weapons yet. They give every single weapon except the one I can actually use. Did they just forget? Guess I have to do these missions with bare bones skills on a different weapon.
>>
>play spirit stone huntress on way of the nioh
>decide to check out the previous date boss room
>it's full of revenants and every one has unnatural death as the cause
This made me laugh too much for some reason.
>>
>>192315875
dojo missions are about exploiting specific moves, stats aren't a big deal desu.You can go full tryhard with your movesets to win them, or you can spam one attack without even trying. Like in the odachi mission, pre-dlc you could spam mid stance strong attack into openings. Now you just spam devastating rush nonstop. the only ones dojo mission that gives me pause is okatsu.
>>
>>192316478

You've found the secret revenant club
>>
>>192317204
Clearly I have. All these revs sharing abyss weapons.
>>
>>192317292

I dropped some ethereal vajra Tonfa there the other day
>>
>>192316576

Yeah, the dude was easy enough to chip down with quick mid attacks using wooden katana. Just seems strange they give you every weapon except the tonfa; even the odachi is there and it's new too.
>>
File: IMG_1353.jpg (22 KB, 706x706)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>WotN Marobashi gives Marume an Odachi and throws in Hanzo with Tonfa
>>
>>192319634
yeah that was kinda cool
>>
File: 1507489313102.gif (475 KB, 500x491)
475 KB
475 KB GIF
>the speed of Renegade Dragon on 1.20
what the fuck
>>
Is it worth investing into heart even if you don't use any swords?
>>
>>192320962

It was needed, really
>>
>>192321436
Not really beyond 15
>>
I found out the main campaign got some enemy diversity at last.
New enemies I noticed:
foxes
big foxes
dwellers with explosive barrels
kusari-gama yoki
that blob-like thing but more advanced version of it
Soldiers with giant swords.
Some levels are still overpulated with amrita demons with axes and swords, but the main game is much more enjoyable now. Thanks team ninja for hearing the players.
>>
>>192319054
Tonfa training does exist, it's probably unavailable until you hit dlc2
>>
>sloth actually working in wotn was a bug as well
Wow thanks TN, why not remove it outright if you don't want people to use it
>>
>>192322727
i used it on wotn giant frog and it was working well..?
>>
What's the biggest odachi?
>>
new
>>192323191
>>192323191
>>192323191
>>192323191
>>192323191
thredde
>>
I'm planning to buy this game, I really enjoyed other games like DS and that kind of stuff so...How's this? similar to DS? pretty different?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.