[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Long Lost Brothers Edition

vv still waiting for an Xbox One port vv
>>195487381

information
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon+of+the+North
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant+Honor
>http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed+End

>What does each element do?
http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status+Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
https://pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
https://pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Unique helmet list:
https://imgur.com/vr1oLWu
>>
Is the boss fight that you unlock at the end of region 1 supposed to be difficult? I can only ever get 1 or 2 attacks off on him before he starts blocking it also seems impossible to tell when I'm actually going to stagger him when I attack him or not so I'm just waiting for him to use 2 specific attacks before I hit him - doing this the fight seems like it's going to take goddamn 15 minutes - am I doing something wrong? I also tried parrying some of his attacks but still not sure if it's possible or not
>>
File: hora-gai shell.png (377 KB, 415x389)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
2nd for starting a party with the host and every mob on the map.
>>
First for Co-op is borked on PC
>>
Like I'm sure we all were right after entering ng+, I am extremely thirsty for an accessory with set requirement -1

Any specific missions or bosses where it's more likely for me to find one?
>>
Just a heads up, the revenants that dropped the Tanuki Kabuto, Visitor Dragon Kabuto, and Good Fox Kabuto are all gone on the PC version.
>>
Is there a way to leave LW mode at will?
>>
>>195546648
You're not doing anything wrong; he's really fucking hard.
>>
>>195546881
Isn't the bath house mission the best to farm one? at least I remember it being that way on PS4
>>
>>195546648
Nah he's really tough especially right when you unlock him. Come back after a little while
>>
how significant is the online component of this game? like I'm not going to pay $60 dollars for it but I might pirate it if the online doesn't matter.
>>
>>195546943
>>195547046
Ah alright, the mission level is 27 and I'm a bit higher than that so figured it would've been easier than it was
>>
>>195547215
Isn't the game 50 bucks?
>>
>>195546929
Sheathe your weapon.
>>195547248
Mission levels refer to the gear and are more about comparing them to other missions, but don't listen to that other guy, keep at it and pull through, you can do it.
>>
>>195547248
The recommended mission levels are more for gear, not your character level. But still his mission should probably be recommended a bit higher.

For example, if a mission is recommended mission level 60, it wouldn't be that hard if you were level 40 but had level 60 gear. But trying to do the same mission at level 60 with only level 40 gear would be rough
>>
>>195547751
aah, thanks
>>
>>195546929

Sheathe your weapon
>>
Washing DC Anon, do you still need to do a NG+ coop game? Give me a (You) with a secret word if you do
>>
>That part back in england at the castle just before the boss with the 3 Nu-Kellys and 2 Yokai

This is fucking bullshit.
>>
Is paralysis a shitty status to inflict? Seems most yokai snap out of it after I get a single hit on them, which isn't much when I use kusarigama and tonfa. Seems good for buying yourself time to heal or buff, but not so good for damage
>>
>>195548808
Kill the two yokai first then lure the kelly's back into the vat area and they split up a bit.
>>195549008
Paralysis only works on a single hit so for those two weapons it's kinda shit.
>>
>>195549008
>Seems most yokai snap out of it after I get a single hit on them

That's literally how paralysis works
>>
>>195549008

>tonfa

If you have charged attack, not sure about the name but it's for all stances and you just hold heavy-attack, aim it at their back.
>>
What region are you anons playing from? I picked Miami US because it's the closest US server from where I'm actually at
>>
>>195547215
as someone who played 2 regions with the pirated version, then switched to bought version, the online components are quite useful, not to mention you are going to miss the whole Clan thing, which is basically glory and stuff for equipment you don't use.
More phantoms to fight is the thing I'm loving more than else so far, they give good stuff and add a bit more variety to the base game's phantoms.

Of course you can cheat engine glory, which you get very slowly without the clan thing, if you stick to the pirated version that is.
You could use cheat engine on the legit version aswell but are you a faggot enough to do that?
>>
File: 20171112131917_1.jpg (365 KB, 1920x1080)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>195546648
make sure you turn on all the information bar displays in game settings so you can see his ki bar

use tonfas for dat extra ki damage and go mano-a-mano with him in knife range, don't give him enough room to use the long range "hah fuck you" charged attacks
>>
>>195549049
Can't kill the 2 Yokais first as they only come out of their chamber after the Kellys come out and by that time i have 5 shitty enemys on my dick
>>
GOD DAMN IT WHY CANT I FORGE OR REFORGE JUST ONE ELEMENTAL WEAPON

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What's the best way to dump my trash loot? Offering, selling, or dismantling? I've been offering so far, but I figure I should be doing one of the other too. So far I don't buy anything or use crafting materials for anything but I figure I'll start needing to use money and materials for blacksmith shit in NG+
>>
>>195547215
>>195549191
if you didn't play the game yet, Phantoms are like those signs you use on dark souls to summon someone to pvp, except it only summons NPCs.
and said signs replace the blood death mark of dark souls, meaning that if a player dies in that place, you can fight an AI controlled version of him that can also drop part of his gear
>>
>>195549008
It can be really useful if you can apply it fairly often, which is why it's actually really good with those weapons. You need a bit of control to get the most out of the actual infliction, but at the same time you can just keep rapidly inflicting it over and over to cancel their attacks, which can be very useful on yokai.
>>
>>195549245
Hit the vat they are in, it triggers them to spawn.
>>
File: ietIT.jpg (662 KB, 2560x1440)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
Why are soul match costs so completely outrageous?
>>
File: bat_wirriam.jpg (1.1 MB, 1920x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Post Willies
>>
>>195549523
I just bounce off as if i was hitting a wall.
Was literally my first instinct when i came into the room and saw the Yokai in there
>>
>>195549524
You need to soul match items with the same rarity, type and name if possible (also the level difference makes the cost jump like crazy), in order to avoid getting jewed by One-Eye-fu
>>
>>195549524
You can bring them down a bit by using the same equipment and using rarer materials, but yeah be prepared to spend a lot if you're increasing by a lot of levels.
>>
>>195549345
either disassemble or sell if for glory imo
>>
>>195549008
Paralysis is to melt humanoids with grapple.
Use paralysis grountraps.
>>
>>195551265
I like Medusa Powders more for paralysis and the traps for poison. The cloud lasts way longer and you don't need to worry about them moving out of it.
>>
File: hold still.webm (2.93 MB, 960x540)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>195549008
>>
>its another maze submission

for the love of fucking christ, please make it stop. This shit is pure fucking cancer. I love the combat to death, but when they throw this shit in it just makes me want to drop the game all together
>>
>>195551615
wouldnt it be better to spam back Iais
>>
What's the skill called where if you block soon after a perfect ki pulse, the block doesn't drain any ki? Can every weapon get it?
>>
What are good Ninja items besides powerpills, and in what context I should use them?
>>
>>195552162
What level?
>>
>>195552162
>disliking the mazelike, multi-layered level design, one of the best things about Nioh
go back to your linear shit soulsbaby
>>
>>195549965
>>195549801
So in late game when everyone's like level 200+ do you basically have to refarm entire sites every couple dozen levels if you can't afford to soup match up? Does level on its own do anything? Is there any reason to soup match a level 200 piece of armor if you're happy with its stats just because you're level 280?
>>
File: 1510508560052.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>same enemies from the start of the game only now they hit for half your health
Just stop. Giant numbers aren't fun to fight
also every boss is lunge-sweep-grab repeat
>>
Is this game worth buying for the online stuff or is it fine to just play an offline copy that I pirated
>>
>>195552292
shuriken spam, and the traps/bombs

always
>>
>>195552369
For starters, late game isnt 200, its 500+
No
Depends on level range. 300 to 304 is not a large increase if at all for some items, but 190 to 200 is
For defense bonuses that stop mattering after wise. If you are at that point you will already know how to bypass soul match costs entirely and have the ability to take a level 1 item to 300 if you so desired with no gold cost.
>>
>>195552296

The Trail of the Master

>>195552309

no, its repetitive and tedious
>>
>>195553040
>disliking a comfy bathhouse
shit taste
>>
>>195553040
Nigger do you just want to summon me and I'll help you so you can stop crying?
>>
any reason not to farm yasakini in trail of the master on wotd?
>>
>>195553040
no you're just a moron who can't figure out a simple layout.
>>
Can Tonfas be good? I got a ton of divine ones but I keep hearing that they're basically meme bait for how shit they are.
>>
>>195548808
>Any encounter where they force you to fight multiple enemies
Just use your living weapon dude, fight their bullshit with your own bullshit.
>>
>>195552892
But h-how
>>
>play some one on pvp psn
>some how find a not so laggy br

nani

its a shame he keeps overspending precious ki accidentally rolling in mid stance
>>
>>195549345
Quick google search says you should disassemble everything and sell the materials, it makes you more money that way, but there's no option to sell your raw materials at the blacksmith. Did they remove material selling since launch or something?
>>
>>195553760
Play the game and find out. The systems to do so become readily apparent. If you really like a item lock it and when it becomes to costly to upgrade throw it in the storehouse until you can get to floor 30 in the abyss.
>>
>>195553595
no idea how well they work later, but I've been rolling through my first playthrough with tonfa/kusari (mainly tonfa because they're satisfying to use) and utterly wrecking shit without putting any points in skill
>>
>>195553595
They're fine, they just focus on Ki damage rather than regular damage. The meme is that anything in this game is actually bad. Except Flying Sword talismans, they're pretty bad.
>>
>Everlasting Ki

If I stack it until 100%, do I still get staggered by attack if my Ki ran out?
>>
So does the mujina/mimic only do basic gestures (the default ones saved on your shortcut) or do they just copy any gestures on your shortcut?
I kind of want to change them but I'm afraid it'll just make it harder to find the specific gestures in the complete gestures menu.
>>
>>195554845
i've only seen him do one of the 9 shortcuts
>>
>>195552212
Also does it only work in mid stance
>>
>>195554845
I have never had to fight a single one and I'm on my first playthrough so most of the gestures I'm seeing them do are for the first time. You have plenty of time to find the right one
>>
My frustration with this game is starting to reach a peak

for the fucking life of me, I cannot seem to get a decent elemental weapon through forging or reforging. Its fucking ridiculous. Guess ill just forge a fucking Raikiri
>>
File: 589aeeb6bd2f.jpg (9 KB, 251x251)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>level 190 ninja shitter build still viable on Way of the Demon
Hows about I respec and put all my body into skill
>>
So I just finished the tutorial mission and went odachi/tonfa/doggo.

Do the odachi or tonfa have a way to parry? Also, does summing work the same way as it does in the Souls series with little signs on the ground?
>>
Very annoyed by the region lock. I've managed to play two matches of PVP and basically every time I do co-op I get the same five or so people.
>>
>>195555190

Just use talismans, they'll apply the effect quicker anyway
>>
Could you soul match raikiri's lightning into another weapon?
>>
File: Nioh_20170928024616.jpg (601 KB, 3840x2160)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
Odds - Nioh
Evens - Slep
>>
>>195555190
https://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Re-Forge+Melee+Weapons are you sure you don't already have something from the same pool?
>>
>>195552212
>>195554986
It's called Ki Pulse: Man. Once you learn it on one weapon it learns it for all of them, and there's one for each stance with an attack boost for high and a free dodge for low. You have to do the Perfect Pulse while in mid stance but you can change stance afterwards and still have the buff active until you block something. Also the more Ki you spent and recover from the Perfect Pulse, the longer the buffs will last.
>>
File: tonfa.gif (2.58 MB, 480x360)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
>>195555478

No, it's not inheritable.
>>
>>195555190
ele on weapons is shit anyways, dont bother going that route
>>
Umi-bozu is making me want to quit playing. I either get booted off the arena or insta killed zap in the first phase.
>>
>>195556089
don't move forward by yourself when you're attacking him. you're not gonna fall off into the water by weapon momentum alone, only if you yourself move forward
also use hyottoko masks for damage, they RUIN him
>>
>>195555669
fuck. time to forge my ass off some elemental shit
>>
>>195556089
Did you light the torches?
>>
>>195556089
>tfw same
>>
>>195556089
His laser has a huge telegraph to it, like with all of his attacks. The only way you could really get hit by anything in the first phase is if you hadn't lit the torches which is why I think the fight is so much better and designed to be fought without them lit.
>>
>>195556350
I found it to be a pain in the ass to navigate the map, either I can near one shotted by mini umi's, shot into the water by ranged units, etc.
>>
>>195556089
ill help u beat it anon ;)
>>
File: revenge-of-the-ninja-1.jpg (1.11 MB, 2000x1333)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>want to help people
>nobody wants to summon me
>>
How should I handle my stats? What weapons are good/viable? Is toughness more important that defensive multiplier?
>>
>>195556609
I just got off the boat and I haven't ventured up the beach yet. How do I summon?
>>
>>195556662
The way you think sounds cool or interesting. Every weapon is good and viable. Toughness determines the strength of your guard and hyper armour, defensive multiplier is your actual defense, but doesn't contribute as much as damage reduction % does, so heavier armour will always be quite a bit more effective defense-wise should you be looking for that.
>>
>>195556835
you need a buddy cup that lets you summon buddies
>>
>>195556205
>>195556350
>>195556462
>>195556570
Appreciate the help guys, this map in general just gets me angry and I make stupid mistakes.
>>
File: oym7y8Nvp81qesseao.jpg (191 KB, 1200x1057)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>195556835
You just got off the boat. You don't need a ninja right now.
>>
>PC shitters wanting to summon for Onryoki and Hino Enma

i should have seen this coming
>>
File: C4M0curUYAA9jfA.jpg (115 KB, 1200x675)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>
File: 485510_20171113151125_1.png (3.47 MB, 2560x1440)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB PNG
>>195557691
I've gotten a summon for that side quest where you gotta kill a kappa for stealing an incense burner.
>>
>load up the game today, need to restock on elixirs
>load into an easy mission in the first area, where I've found all kodamas, set to elixir droprate buff
>I'm moving really sluggish, doing low damage, and getting shit on
>the fuck? check my gear after clearing the mission
>I was fashionsoulsing last night and left fucking warrior of the west gloves on, taking me over 30% and breaking my ninja set bonus

goddammit I feel like a fucking retard
>>
>queue up for pvp for the first time
>my opponent almost immediately gets like 20 buffs on himself without even using any items or anything
Is this normal? How the fuck does that even happen?
>>
>>195558113
There's a skill that allows you to skip the animations for ninjitsu and the magic tree has one too.
>>
>>195558113
Ninjutsu and Onmyo each have a mystic art that removes the animations for buffs.
>>
>>195554335

Even those can trigger the weapon / armor break effects on your weapon and can be handy with slow weapons like axe.

>>195555190

Try umbracite and temper it in. Or just use talismans. Talismans are common as shit and apply more elemental damage anyway. They are also dirt cheap in the onmyo tree.
>>
Okay I am sick of umibozu, I have died at least 20 times from walking off planks, died 6 times to umibozu, died about the same to mini ones, finally lit torches went to go fight him and used my masks, died at his last sliver of hp when my spirit turned off and he happened to be swinging at me and insta killed me. Whos got PC version?
>>
>>195558113
>play for strength on first time
>>
>>195558998
I do. I'll give it a go bud. I'll search the Umi-bozu mission till I hit ya
>>
>>195559064
just tell me your steam and we can do secret word that will take forever
>>
>>195559108
Colonel
>>
>>195558998
I'm starting to feel sorry for you enough to offer help, but looks like someone else got it
>>
>>195557774
I went through suffering for that moth
>>
>>195559320
Theres like 10000 colonels, just add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redria

>>195559334
Im starting to die inside, no other boss has given me this much trouble
>>
What weapon/weapons pair well with the Axe? I like my big fuck-you stick but something quicker would be good to have too.
>>
Is Chidori worth it over Piercing Rain or Spearfall? Piercing Rain seems like the best thing for applying status ever so I'd miss that. Just wondering if its worth spending points on.
>>
>>195559453
Most bosses aside from Tachibana I usually beat under 5 deaths if I die, enduring over 20+ would put me over the edge. Hopefully you learn from this and don't get PTSD fighting him again on NG+
>>
>>195558998
if you want like a complete carry just give me a secret word and I'll come help
>>
>>195559846
umisuc
>>
>>195559954
what's your download region? matchmaking on PC is borked in case you don't know
>>
>>195560018
US - Philadelphia
>>
>>195560078
Looks like Colonel got in
>>
>tfw you embarass yourself in coop when you've never died to Umi-Bozo before
>>
>>195559501
I used axe/ spear on my first run because they both have body and str scaling iirc
>>
>>195560357
>you can actually fall
shieeeet and i tested to see how retard proof it was
>>
>>195559667
It's a little situational and difficult to use, but it does a shitton of damage, you can use the first part for Ki damage without having to go into the full thing, and the stabs can reach taller yokai. The other two are more multipurpose but Piercing Rain and maybe also Spearfall if I remember right are high stance only, while Chidori can be on any stance so you could always use both. I like having it on low stance just for potential gorillion hit combo strings.
>>
File: 1509656200786.jpg (59 KB, 590x332)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Not sure if this is a known glitch/exploit or not but..

In the teahouse you can donate gear > it updates glory/leaderboard > exit to title screen > log back in > you still have all donated items to donate again > repeat to unlimited glory/points in faction.
>>
>>195558998
He did it boys
>>
>>195560616
It's known. The amount of glory received lowers every time you do it.
>>
>>195558202
Are those skills worth using though?
I just picked the extra thrown weapon damage for ninjutsu and the longer duration for onmyo.
>>
I want to coop but nobody wants a ninja
>>
>>195561202
totally depends on your playstyle. I went with duration too since i am dependent on damage buffs and so on. i used instant ninja since i only use kunai as a range weapon from that tree.
>>
>tfw spent a good chunk of my birthday playing Nioh after work

I love this game. Thank you all for being so patient with me.

t. nue anon
>>
>>195561381
Happy birthday, anon
>>
>>195561246
we're too strong
>>
File: 1399508845377.jpg (53 KB, 340x480)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Christ, PVP is boring as hell in this game. Maybe it gets better when you fight more skilled people? I've fought like 5 guys, and each and every one of them just tries to treat me like an AI enemy
>attack a couple times
>back off
>wait for me to attack
>try to punish when they see I'm low on ki
>I flux and dodge to the side and keep attacking
>they take several hits before fucking off
>repeat until they die
No one uses ki flux, no one switches up their stance, no one even attempts to be aggressive.
>>
>>195561381
I'm happy you've come to love the game.
>>
>>195561501

thank you.

>>195561852

Its been tough, and Im nowhere close to facing the toughest shit this game has to offer. But its been rewarding. Does anyone know if I need a Smithing Text to forge Red Armor stuff?
>>
>>195562120
Red Demon?
>>
>>195562314

yes
>>
>>195561851
It's almost like the way the game was rebalanced meant people never had to actually learn anything about how to really play the game since they had access to crutch upon crutch and nothing survived long enough anyway.
>>
>>195554723
Anyone?
>>
>>195562358
Yeah you need the smithing text. Just dual his ass. He's sustained so many life injuring wounds he's basically a paraplegic.
>>
>>195557774
Moth a cute! CUTE!!
>>
>>195562532

where do I get it? I already beat the faggot who gave me Enko
>>
How much do you need to bump up stamina to get to a point where medium armor gives an A rank in agility?
>>
File: 352[1].png (394 KB, 600x578)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>195559390
it was worth it in the end.
>>
>>195562896
The schematic is a rare drop
>>
>get summoned for himo-enma
>"pfft who even summons for this boss? gonna be easy as fuck"
>I manage to get hit by paralysis
>and I don't have any needles on my shortcuts
>die
Boy do I look retarded now.
>>
File: gERTSp4.png (92 KB, 432x242)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>195563476
>not having elixir, needles, antidote, sacred ashes on your first shortcut tab
>>
>>195563940
In my defense, I'm at the third region and haven't seen any need to keep anti paralyze needles on my shortcuts at all times.
>>
TFW no one co-ops in NG+
>>
>>195560930
You mean permanently, or just for those items?
>>
>>195564232
I kind of want to coop, but I get such a huge thrill fighting the same missions with new surprises
>>
>>195564378
until the clan battle is done
>>
File: muh_dicc.jpg (582 KB, 1920x1080)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
I don't even know where I got this but holy shit I got like 30 levels out of it.
Also I'm doing Dragon of the North and I'm making sure every single last one of these fuckers pays for killing my Iga bros.
Masamune always one shots me with the psst nothing personnel lunge
>>
>>195560458
>>195560357
Only seems to happen during certain attacks, managed to fall through once while using tonfa spam but never happened after that.
>>
>>195564532
You should have sold it for 13 million gold. That amount of amrita is piss money while the value of gold remains mostly static
>>
>>195564692
Oh well, at least my heart got bigger :^)
>>
STOP SUMMONING TO UMI BOZU ONLY TO DIE BEFORE THE FIGHT LOADS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when are they going to fix crashing? Does anybody know how to fix this. I crash when killing enemies so much.
>>
>>195564532
do you need help with Masamune
>>
>>195565721
I just cheesed the fucker with Slow, killed me 10 times he did.
>>
>>195564990
I've gotten a ridiculous amount of summons for umi for some reason.

I can shit on him really quick, but still there must be a million people around that boss fight struggling.
>>
>Hey guys can I play Nioh with this desktop I built in 2011?
>REEEEEE QUIT CRASHING NIOH REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hands down the most annoying of this game getting ported. Holy shit
>>
>>195565918
>works on my machine ;)
>>
When to sell vs disassemble?
>>
>>195565918
The most annoying part is that the co-op still doesn't work, how the fuck do I make these goddamn connection errors not happen?

I have yet to do a single co-op thing in this game, and I've been trying to burn Ochoko cups this whole time.
>>
>>195566432
Donate clan items. Disassemble purple. Sell blue, yellows and whites.
>>
>>195566584

why the fuck do you need to co-op?
>>
What's best to spend my patronage on?
>>
>>195566432
never sell gear
you can sell the parts you get from disassembling.
offering isn't a bad choice either, as long as you're under level 200. after that you get more amrita from a few of the enemies you fight at that level than all your gear being offered at once.
>>
>>195567117

how the fuck do you sell materials?
>>
>>195565918

Fuck you nigger. I have a great computer and it still crashes constantly. Next time reply to me directly instead of being such a beta that you're afraid of conflict on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>195566826
For the hell of it, why else? I've been getting by fine without, but having a section of the game be completely off-limits because the thing just doesn't work is frustrating.

I can't join people's games through any of the three torii gate options because of the connection errors. It's stupid.
>>
>>195567196
Is this man ass?
>>
>>195567653

No, its my little sisters, who is a slut
>>
>>195567196
at the blacksmith? go to the all items tab.
>>
>>195567698
>having pictures of your slutty sisters ass

Thats kinda hot I guess.
>>
>>195565918
I built mine in 2011 and am running it perfectly fine.
>>
>>195549761
Use high stance you godforsaken idiot
>>
>>195546425
About to fight the ogress, any tips?
>>
>>195569371
During her slash attacks, the safest place to be is right under her nose.
>>
>>195569567
Oh fuck seems like I'm going to die before I get it right
>>
>>195569371
Just fight her, and stop looking up who's coming and asking for info before you even make an attempt.
>>
Just helped some guy all the way from Nue to not-Tachi and got him all the Kodama along the way, feels good bros.
>>
So I'm farming first boss for the Onriyoki Helm smithing text because I was told it could drop, at 15 kills now and would like to know if I've been rused
>>
File: osa.jpg (386 KB, 1280x720)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
Post bosses who did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1452224268010.jpg (73 KB, 847x640)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>mfw Greater Demon Hunting
well this is fun
does this game ever become something other than "pray to Buddha your numbers are bigger than theirs"
>>
File: wew.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1080)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>195570224
I have it, it exists (PC), but you should just keep playing, there's like 30 other Onriokis in the playthrough.

Also /ng/ I don't know what the level cap is, if there's any, so what should I focus on? I brought everything to 20 and now I'm moving towards Heart/Skill (I use Kat and 2Kat)
>>
Is the PC version any worth it with the problems? Seems like people with better computers than mine are even having problems.
>>
>>195570357
Stay on his left and dodge to your right and a bit forward to avoid the swipes, ending up at his rear. Everything else is easy,
>>
>>195570357

It does if you start using the shitloads of items that are available.
>>
File: 20171113232532_1.jpg (472 KB, 2560x1440)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
Fuck this guy
>>
>>195570554
I got it day one and I haven't had a single crash, only twice has it gotten stuck and it was while doing co-op. I have a 970 meme card, too.
>>
>>195570456
I was told the text only drops From the boss of Isle of Demons, and I'm in NG+ it take me like 50 seconds to finish the level just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.
>>
Ok so Maria also has a one shot lunge, what the fuck, fuck this DLC
>>
>>195570765

I too have a meme card.

Okay thanks
>>
>>195569567
>>195570021
Lmao ok, only the mission was named ogress. The boss was this ghost chick
>>
What level of gear should I aim to have before starting WotD?
>>
>>195570690
I accidentally knocked him off the bridge
>>
>>195546425
Guys on my first run, got the book of reincarnation from a quest. I'm mainly using spear, so I should be giving body, strength and skill right? But then I can't use heavy armour because I'd need to invest in stamina too.
I also want to try using 1kat, odachi and kusa. What do?
>>
>>195546648
Muneshige?
>>
>>195549345
>>195553834
go to all items tab scroll down to the materials
>>
>>195571793
There are plenty of opportunities to get books. Don't be afraid to experiment around with stats.
>>
>>195571793
Just invest in the primary stat until you get bored of using the spear, then respec for the weapon you want. You dont even need to respec attributes if youve been putting in samurai points. Weapon damage will scale from higher level weapons earlier on way more efficiently than from your stats.
>>
>>195572195
But should I just focus on one weapon or 2 weapons? Because I feel 2 weapons really spread my points thin
>>
>>195572370
Focus on 1 weapon on NG, you won't get enough samurai skill points to make two weapon types shine to their potential outside of the higher difficulties.
>>
>that feel when no one is summoning in NG+ so you can't farm ez Umbracite

the only flaw with the game I've found, the matchmaking is completely fucked.
>>
>>195570690
Just wait until he has a Tengu buddy and flying elemental heads to tag team you on higher difficulties
>>
>>195572370
>>195572491
But you do get more than enough to get all active skills for two weapons at each point just from the first playthrough. Make sure you look out for all the samurai locks.
>>
>>195572370
I just wanna shill the bow and gun, you dont need to invest stat points into them, but they are so fucking useful at sniping archers and headshotting bosses with long recovery times from attacks, leaving them open for a grapple.
>>
>join co-op game
>crashes

That's my signal to get off for tonight, lads
>>
Anyone got a pic or preferrably a vector of Kelly's tattoos?
>>
>>195572790
summoning works regardless of difficulty level as a random encounter.
>>
I'm just starting off any got a lightning katana from a revenant and it's pretty fun. What armor should I aim for to maximize my single katana experience? I've heard of red demon for spear, anything like that for katana?
>>
>>195573920
not If you select for the NG+ missions, which I've been cycling through for like 2 hours
>>
>>195567698
Post more of your sister's feet
>>
>>195574278
Then don't select for NG+? Most people above WotS will just be skimming the easier missions to get to The Queen's Eyes to get to WotN faster, since you don't have to do all the main stuff.
>>
>get grabbed by a boss and fucked up
>left with a sliver of hp
>as the grab ends my camera zooms out to a ridiculous distance and everythings gray
>zooms back just in time to show the boss finishing me off

This must be that fancy action camera thing.
>>
I played the PS4 version on release and did an NG+ runthrough with Kingo/Yagyu meme Haze II build and now I'm looking at Tonfa.

I just picked up the Sharutobi Shinobi chest piece off a random Revenant and I assume that's the defacto Tonfa set? Also does the set bonus reduction Magamata still exist? Have they nerfed it or nerfed how to farm it?

Are there any major things about end-game I should know having not played since before DLC1? I know theres up to Way of the Nioh but is grinding the Abyss just better if you want gear now?
>>
>>195552707
Get the revolt online crack
>>
>>195565918
My computer is near top of the line and while it doesn't crash it doesn't have my native resolution so I need to force my GPU to render it with black bars.

Shit sucks, man. I still bought it though because the game is great aside from that.
>>
>>195575796
see this:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=170991#p170991
>>
>>195573414
I already make full use of them
>>
>play loads of nioh and shogun 2 over the past week
>start calling people by their secondname firstname
>>
File: 1489938923490.webm (1.54 MB, 480x368)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB WEBM
So I've made my way through the demon-infested village and I'm not really sure I want to be an Odachi/Tonfa guy.

I'm so used to Souls-style combat that I still haven't really nailed stances and such yet, so I'm thinking of rerolling katana/axe. I'm really getting steamrolled by the oni things that come from those big clouds, so I just pop living weapon and swing for the fences.

I got 8/9 of the little critters, dammit
>>
>>195577645
Mate you are in the first level. Weapons dont have a stat requirement. Just play the game and quit worrying about your build. You are very far away from having to make any long term decisions.
>>
>>195577645
Honestly, I'm in the second world and I barely change stances. I just found out which moves I like the most for a weapon and mostly stick to that stance.

Sometimes I change it up, but most of the time I have one stance per weapon.
>>
>>195577645

You will eventually be using all the weapons to gain proficiency and skill points anyway so try them all out you won't lose all your damage like in Souls.
>>
File: IMG_0803-1.jpg (212 KB, 461x600)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>195577608
>mfw my country uses surnames first so it's perfectly normal anyway
>>
>>195577608
I know that feel so much, man

>tfw I've started naruto running to work
>>
File: ken sama.jpg (7 KB, 189x251)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>Be in spear mid-stance
>Tom Cruise holds the spear like a normal guy
>Start sprinting
>He holds a big ass spear behind him with his arms back like naruto instead of continuing to hold it forward to potentially charge into one of the 10,000 demons he fights
>>
>finish a mission
>game freezes after the cutscene but before the game saves
>have to redo the boss
fuck this port desu
>>
>>195577645
Just keep practicing it as you go. Using stances and Ki Pulse to go beyond the basic ass safe bait and punish style really makes the game shine.
>>
>>195578321
considering balance its a sensible thing to do
>>
>>195578798
It's not, you're supposed to lean forward when you sprint.
>>
>>195578958
if it bothers you so much then dont sprint with the spear out
>>
>>195579191
I'm not that guy I was just pointing out that your reasoning was dumb.
>>
God damn the third wave of arrows in the Siege of Osaka was fucking ass 100%
>>
>>195579852

That shit made me panic hard but I still had a fun time. Now I have like 94% projectile damage reduction so I don’t have to give a shit. I would go for 100% but I don’t want to give up my precious run speed.
>>
>>195581287
>tfw firearms damage reduction 100%, elemental damage while guarding 100% and run speed +30%
it's all good my dude
>>
Do you guys switch between your primary and secondary melee weapons as the situation calls for it or have you been leaning more heavily towards one as you play?
>>
>>195577645
You should practice not just ki pulsing but fluxing too. I've now gotten the hang of doing it in LW mode where I switch stances twice after a combo and my LW timer keeps going up, not infinitely but its definitely more noticeable than if I was just standing whacking a boss.

>>195581756
I feel like stances are enough for any situation. I used to keep an odachi on hand for revenants, but now I can take on any weapon type with just the katana.
>>
>>195581756
Almost at the end of way of the strong, been using primarily tonfas and I carry a spear that I use once in a blue moon for aoe spin.

Thinking about switching though because as enjoyable and fun the play style is I am noticing a gradual decrease in the amount of damage I am doing and the enemies seems to have higher and higher ki.
>>
>>195581756
i always have 2 just so i can use my highest lv weapon drop because gear > stats for most of the game
>>
File: mmmmm.jpg (81 KB, 1072x720)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>195546425
>Mfw find out about binding shell+sloth
>>
>>195582759
>mfw finding out about suppa/ catwalking and tiger running scrolls
>>
File: 1501022727561.jpg (23 KB, 428x428)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>195582934
>so fast and undetectable we can't even see his face
>>
Why aren't dojo missions appearing on way of the demon? I wanna farm hanzo for a high level version of his set but no missions are appearing. I've done plenty of main missions.
>>
>>195583305
Dojo stuff is only on WoTS
If you wanna farm him do Marabashi all day.
>>
>whistle for summoner to get in safe spot
>he ignores me and runs forward to sate his bloodlust
>gets crushed by a boulder and dies

Youd think people would see their phantom hiding in a corner whistling and maybe stop to consider why.
>>
>>195583675
Hanzo only appears in WotN maro.
>>
>>195582759
God damn, that looks fucking delicious.
>>
Nobunaga felt like the most Dark Souls boss of them all.
>>
>>195583761
>summoned by the same guy
>he does it again

What the fuck man.
>>
>>195583761
Just wait till you get to the point where the guy you are playing with forgets but just uses a quick change charge instead.

Gotta love competency
>>
Do any of the item / equipment drop rate effects work on revenants? They're serving pretty well as a source of purple mats.
>>
Kelley appreciation hour.
>he'll never show you what his stones can do
feels bad senpai
>>
>>195583845
Shit really? Guess I forgot about that then
>>
>>195584439
No, revenants operate on their own chances.
>>
>>195584502
Yeah. WotN maro changew marume to using an odachi and adds hanzo with tonfa.
>>
>25% Unlimited Onmyo procs enough times to turn 4 tier 2 attack spell casts into 8

This fire rat may have garbage living weapon stats but goddamn if it isn't my favorite anyway.
>>
>>195584441
>he'll never make up a fake language to try and convince you he's talking to angels and shit with a mirror
:(
>>
File: build 1.jpg (851 KB, 4032x3024)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
Alright lets try making this post again without fucking up the spoiler tags.

Can someone tell me if my build is fucked? I'm at Maria right now and I've been stuck on her for a while. I get one shot by quite a few of her moves and I barely do any damage to her. I've also been getting one shot by a few things throughout the dlc, even basic enemies, so I feel like something's gotta be up. I've been getting the feeling for a while now that I have no idea how to really make a proper build in this game so now that I'm at the post game content my mediocre shit just isn't gonna cut it anymore. Any tips to improve it? I'm playing on PS4 so you'll have to excuse the image quality. I didn't take pictures of each individual armor piece for obvious reasons but you can assume its just a mix-mash of different pieces based on looks and equip load.
>>
What are the summoning candles for?
>>
>>195585532
gives you your bloodstain/amrita back.
>>
File: build 2.jpg (860 KB, 4032x3024)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>195585526
Second pic. I'm primarily using my Odachi but I used the 1Kat for most of the main game.
>>
>>195585526
>2.6k life

Nigga im like lvl 85 and have 3k.
>>
>>195585623
>no quick-change scroll x 3
cmon now.
>>
So I'm running a kunai build but stats don't go past 99, what the fuck should I level up even if I already have 18 spirit, 30 magic, 25 heart, 12 skill, and 7 strength, I just don't get anything out of heart with kusa but I barely even use the kusa.
>>
>>195585595
Ah, thanks.
>>
why has the game randomly started giving me 4 samurai skill points per level after level 210? If I level Skill or Strength it gives me 5 per level too.
>>
>>195585805
Points and bonuses are on a cycle. You get 4 or so one level, 2 or so the next, then 1 the level after, and the next level will give you 4 again.
>>
>>195585972
yea, nah.

Suddenly 4 sam skill points per level, 5 levels in a row (so far) for leveling up Stamina. The most sam skill points you ever normally got was 2 from leveling skill/strength.
>>
>>195583675

By WotS is that strong, or samurai? How else would you get ~180+10 Hanzo stuff without spending 10s of millions of gold? I see people mention that you can sometimes craft stuff that have a high (+x) level but how do you do that?
>>
>>195586059
Don't ever question me again, boy.
>>
If I do the dojo missions on WoTD will I get higher level drops from those missions than if I did them on WoTS?
>>
>>195586204
Go to the abyss for a bit and get anywith with either reset soul match roll or +Value inheritance.
Or just defile the honzo stuff to your level. Also an option. All use little to no gold.
>>
>>195583675
So I know how to unlock maro but the proficiency requirements are like 500K, how do I get that quickly?
>>
>>195586514
Restless Spirits WotD
Just smack the guy for two runs to get the required proficiency for anything
>>
File: 1375417649109.gif (2.56 MB, 425x247)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>
>start abyss
>use 10 ochoko cups
>crashes on loading screen
>lost the cups

epic
>>
>>195585526
There's no reason not to be using a set, go baby to the previous missions and farm one. If your weapon has lightning damage, use lightning talisman and twin raikinen or whatever that spirit is called.
Plus your odachi gives you a shit ton of damage with heart investment, why have you not put points in it? What is investing in body giving you? Odachi strength and stamina bonuses means you can use heavy armour with it, so just put minimum stamina for heavy armour set, and pump the rest into heart and strength. Also whatever ninjutsu and magic you want to use, minimum requirements, and spirit requirements. Your body at 9-10 is enough if you pay properly, you'll be taking hits with a good heavy armour set
>>
>>195587763
>>195587763

Adding on to this if you go for the Todo clan youll get a shitload of hp from all that stam.
>>
Does that clan that gives +32 luck for pirate armor give that amount for each piece that's equipped? Seems like a shitload if that's the case.
>>
>>195587763
>>195587986
Thanks for the advice. Are there any armor sets that synergize especially well with Odachis?
>>
>>195588356
I was looking at the obsidian samurai one, gives A scaling with stam and is heavy armor but I have no idea how good it is.
>>
>>195588382
im new to the game and thinking of farming that nigga for pieces or text. currently using east and im ok with it
>>
>>195588447
savescum the boss for his text, doesn't take too long

and then try roll A stam scaling on your weapons too and switch clans to todo
>>
Should I just choose Oda as a clan so I could easily win every clan battle?
Though the Date and Furuta lan bonus seems really good too.
>>
when do i get those character transformation things? is it a dlc thing?
>>
File: Nioh_20171022124009.jpg (890 KB, 3840x2160)
890 KB
890 KB JPG
>Not playing as an Oni-bi
>>
>>195587082
so it wasn't cheat engine that caused it?
>>
How long should you charge iai for? The first flash or just let it go all the way and let it go automatically?
>>
>>195588602
Go Todo. Winning clan battles gives basically fuck all that you cant get in a single co op run.
>>
>>195588592
alright, do I savescum for the A stam scaling too? Yeah, I'd rather do this than going around that place for hours
>>
>>195588916
savescumming for drops is easy;
rest at shrine before boss (auto saves)
beat boss
quit game if no drop
you'll respawn back at the shrine

the only way to savescum stat rolls is hording crafting materials, then backing up your save which is kind of a pain
>>
>>195588898
Not him, but I went with Toyotomi cause I haven't decided on a build yet, so might as well pick a generalist clan.
>>
>>195589008
Then go Kakakasomething
The guys who buff elixers to remove status ailments when used and give a damage reduction buff. Cant get any more general then that.
They are also really solid. Got me through most of Demon until I had to switch
>>
>>195588602

Go to a low pop clan and rank 1 in the clan to get better glory.
>>
File: Nioh_20171012215739.webm (2.69 MB, 1280x720)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB WEBM
>>
File: 20171114094953_1.jpg (930 KB, 3840x2160)
930 KB
930 KB JPG
is this worth doing?

I haven't invested much in this weapon, that's why it's all trash. I like this skill.
>>
File: 20171114044543_1.jpg (832 KB, 1920x1080)
832 KB
832 KB JPG
Between that iai slash spamming asshole fight and this nonsense this field is pretty scary
>>
>>195589176

God, no. Get rid of parry and low attack ki and replace it with CTA heart instead.
>>
>>195589176
you can reforge some of the other mods normally and that changes the temper selection, possibly giving that CTA roll on one of those other slots
>>
What the fuck is this Yamata Orochi horseshit? I cant even tell what abilities one head is gonna use and now I gotta fight multiple at once? Is there a way to cheese this boss cause its not fun. The fights with Nobunaga and Kelley were great, but this giant gimmick boss shit is boring.
>>
>kill enemy
>game crashes

i want to play so badly but what's the point if keep losing my progress randomly for no reason
>>
>>195589503
just stay cool and kill them one by one, literally just focus on one head - the others barely attack you
>>
>>195546425
>Be level 52
>Doing a side quest
>Decent gear, not too bad or good
>See a level 72 grave
>He has a purple spear and set
>Yolo
>Destroy him and get higher level red demon spear and helmet
>>
>>195589519
disable game overlays
>>
File: (´・ω・`).png (29 KB, 500x300)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
- Fixed an issue in which changing the "Matching Area" in online settings to "Unlimited" would still result in being limited to your own area.

- Fixed an issue in which an error would occur while saving data if there was no C drive.

- Improved performance when the "Shadows" option is set to "High Quality" in the graphics settings.
>>
>>195589728
>no mention of connection errors

Well, one problem fixed, at least.
>>
>>195589728
AW YEAH SON.
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT THIS MUNESHIGE FAGGOT HOLY SHIT HIM AND HIS FUCKING BULLSHIT DOG AND KILLING ME IN ONE HIT
>>
>>195589713
i'll try
>>
File: 20171113222404_1.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
Anyone else having constant crashes on queen's eyes mission?
Played though the game mostly without problems, on this mission it always crashes randomly during bossfight or even while I'm running to the boss.
So basically I cannot progress and access DLC content because of this shit.
>>
>>195589930
i've had to deal with those crashes with both my 100 eyes fights now

first i kept crashing during the cutscene, then right after william is visible in the arena and sometimes only after the boss spawns the eyes

the only way i got past it was by lower all settings to minimum and just trying again and again until it didn't crash for some reason
>>
I hear sloth talismans have a very short duration on higher difficulties. Should I just wean myself off of them or do they still have a regular length against stuff like various large youkai?
>>
>>195590031
Thanks, I'll try that.
>>
>>195590081
It's good practice to wean yourself off them. They can still be handy since a second's advantage is an advantage nonetheless, but you should try and learn not to depend on them. The higher you go the more likely you are to get killed in a single hit by most things, so the more able you are at getting by on your own skill, the better.
>>
File: 1505161805859.gif (3.22 MB, 491x704)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB GIF
Watching shitty streamers and rooting for the bosses
>>
Guys, how much is this game on steam, why is this game only 17USD on my country.
>>
>>195590381
17USD
>>
Are the crusher titles bugged or does it not count if you use living weapon?
>>
>>195589930
>>195590031
Ok, lowering everything to minimum worked on 3rd try, I hope this does not happen again in DLC areas.
>>
>>195590974
Getting hit in living weapon counts as getting hit. It's not about losing HP.
>>
File: Nioh_20171113000617.webm (2.81 MB, 960x540)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>195589849
>>
>>195591038
I definitely remember being able to be hit and still get the title while in LW at launch on ps4.
>>
>>195591157
>Transformed into Onmyo Legs
>No onmyo

I'm disappointed.
>>
>>195590974
They're not bugged and you can use LW, but getting hit while in LW may count and you have to do it on the boss' original mission, e.g. giant toad crusher has to be done on the iga escape and can't be done on the solo side mission.
>>
>>195589849
Get whatever ki break move your weapon has

Except kurisugama kick, he always dodges that shit
>>
>>195591431
Sorry, I buy with my dick and not my brain.
>>
>>195589728
Honestly I kinda assumed theyd just leave all the issues and ignore the game completely Nier style.
>>
>>195548808

nu-kellys die instantly to headshots.
>>
>>195574171
Look for the crossed sickles set
>>
>>195590306
I love doing this too
>>
>>195574171
Wotw, great set and really easy to forge/ replace
kingo but it's shit to replace
>>
>>195578592
Just had to read fight the ice bitch because of that
Fun fight tho so I don't mind
>>
What's the minimum spirit needed to unlock all guardian effects?
>>
>>195590213
Yeah I'll probably do that, might even respec out of it at some point down the road if the short duration is the same for all targets.
>>
>>195590381
Same. India has it at 17, USA at 50 for some reason
>>
>>195589728
Holy shit nice
>>
>>195590917
>>195592261
Dang, thought I got a good discount =_=
>>
>>195592125
i think 32 was the highest requirement
>>
File: 1488990539046.jpg (58 KB, 600x465)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>195592261
3rd world country discount
>>
>>195592125
I've gotten to 40 on mine and it's easily around 12 million off the top of my head.
>>
So do you guys in ng+ ever change your clans? I've changed mine twice and everytime I regret my decision.
>>
>>195592537
What's your set? Date is great because living weapons, Todo is great because good heavy armor buffs, and so on. Find what you play with the most and then pick a clan based on that.
>>
found a new issue with this game: usb ports stop working after completing a mission
>>
>>195592608
I'm actually in Date cause I got the Righteous Strategist set, so its like +9 LW duration. Chose it specifically for bosses.
>>
Are all items in normal game capped at 150 level?
Cant find better.
>>
>>195592927
The actual ports, and not the controller? Even for other, non-controller devices?

If so, that sounds like a hardware issue.
>>
>>195592261
It was 36 usd on gmg which is like 47 aud
Steam had it for like 45 usd here
>>
I feel like I've hit a brick wall on WotD. I deal no damage, I get 2 shot by most enemies and most fights are stacked against me. Should I be building into something proper at this point? I genuinely feel weak and it's really difficult to even get a new weapon because of the stupid (+11) or whatever system making crafting completely obsolete. What the hell am I supposed to do outside of gitting gud?
>>
What's the best heavy armor katana build I can do? I got a 2 piece Mikawa bonus so far but I don't know what other armor I should really be hunting for.
>>
File: Nioh_20171016024027.jpg (1.06 MB, 3840x2160)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
Since when did bloody graves have Yokai Realm on them? Is it because the spirit is nekomata?
>>
Did a bunch of the nigs with 40m glory in the rankings get reset? Only like 10 in Todo now.
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 632x122)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
FUCKING FINALLy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>195593223
Are you playing abyss?
>>
File: unlimited yous.jpg (2 KB, 174x24)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>195593189

Go on Request from Ginchiyo and let her two shot everything. Grind it a few times if you have to and soul match your gear/forge new stuff with the items you get from that mission.
>>
>>195593282
Clan battle ended, it ends again next week.
>>
>>195593447
I meant that compared to about 3 or 4 hours ago, after the battle had ended already.
>>
>>195593425

Yeah
>>
>>195593116
i completed a mission and once i was back to the map screen, i noticed my controller doesn't work, then i found out my mouse and keyboard doesn't work at all either, had to turn off my pc via power button

never experienced this before, this game is the first to cause this
>>
How should I handle stats/leveling in this game?
>>
>>195593189
>Should I be building into something proper at this point?
At the very least you should begin putting some focus on set bonuses. I remember hitting the same point as you and realizing that pure skill wasn't going to cut it any more.

>the stupid (+11) or whatever system making crafting completely obsolete
If anything, this is where smithing becomes important. You can get divine fragments by disassembling divine gear and use those for a >50% chance of forging divine versions yourself. Also, this might be a good point for you to start delving into the abyss.
>>
File: amaterasu_4.jpg (77 KB, 800x644)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Why do I keep getting Susanoo and Izanami graces, been save scumming and defiling for some Amaterasu but not a single one.
>>
>>195593529
Yeah, that's... not a software problem. You've most likely got some kind of unrelated driver or hardware issue.

>>195593642
Follow your heart, better to go in blind and learn for yourself doing what you want rather than just what somebody else said. The game's not so poorly balanced that a particular option is going to lock you out. Worst case scenario, if something's really not working out for you, you get quite a few free respecs during the course of the game (and the first ones you purchase are pretty cheap, too).
>>
>>195593517
That's why.
>>
>>195593642
Balanced stats isnt a bad idea
You can respec so feel free to follow your dreams and alot stats on a carefree basis
>>
Saw a temper ability for stone damage to increase by 999.99%. This a joke ability?
>>
>>195593863
I guess you could call it a lethal joke ability. There's a Grace set whose 7pc bonus is something like +5000% stone damage, which stacks with the arm guards effect and you can also get stone throw speed on them. Stack all of these and you could feasibly fuck shit up with pebbles.
>>
>>195593863

Doesn't sound like a joke. Who wouldn't want their stones to hit for 11 damage?
>>
>>195593863

There's also Unlimited Stones, one that increases Stone Ki damage by about 2000%, throwing speed up (Stones) and there's a set bonus that has a bonus to stone damage too.
>>
>>195589176
Starred Flowing Shadow is very useful.
>>
>>195593757
When do I want to start paying attention to how the blacksmith works and trying to get better gear?
>>
>ps4 exclusive
>gets PC release
>PC release has xbox button icons

It's so confusing seeing stuff like "Use X do to this" and X is fucking square.
>>
>>195594139
You'll consistently find better gear throughout the game, but you'll want to get a handle on how the blacksmith works in time for NG+.
>>
>burning village level
>half the enemies walk into fires and burn to death
>>
>>195593642
Try spreading it out evenly.

Despite picking my initial equipment and guardian to be strength-focused, I ended up going 1kat/2kat before even finishing the first mission, and dumped everything into heart and skill for quite a while. Then I decided to try even spread and holy shit it's so much more fun with a few support ninjutsu and onmyo.
>>
>>195554723
Anyone?
>>
>>195594524
Nobody knows. Find out, for science.
>>
Whats a fun build to play with? I've done Hayabusa and Iga for ages now and am looking for something fun. I'm thinking Saika for guns but maybe theres something else.
>>
>>195595034
Do a rock thrower build.
>>
>>195595112
Time to save scum graces then
>>
>>195595275
Kinda want to do that now and then get summoned to low lvl areas and fuck ass with rocks.
>>
File: nhe.png (2.19 MB, 1920x1080)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>And now you see no more

Where is the faggot from yesterday claiming Nioh isnt kino??
>>
File: 20171114093847_1.jpg (1.38 MB, 3840x2160)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>195596348
Nioh has some good looking scenes but there are games with far better story and cinematography.
>>
>>195596348
>Nioh isnt kino??
It's not. It's a video game.
>>
>>195596510
B-but the animated cutscenes are better than 90% of seasonal anime
>>
>guy sloths WoTStrong Okatsu
>still gets two shotted by her dash swipes
>>
>>195596770
Big whoop. Good seasonal anime has been pretty sparse the past few years. Not a big milestone to reach.
>>
why is the wiki for this game so fucking awful?
why are there no 3rd party tools for theorycrafting builds?

>>195596838
you're watching the wrong stuff, there's been at least 2 "good" shows per season for the last several years
>>
>>195596838
Tbh I've been surprised by the quality of the 3d animations, drawn art and voice acting in the game. The dialogue scenes were very well shot aswell and I was always excited to watch them.
>>
>>195596946
Could you name 4 shows you consider good from the past 2 seasons?
>>
doe hanzo always spawn on floor 4 or does he spawn in multiple locations?
>>
>>195596946
>why is the wiki for this game so fucking awful?
For whatever reason, it didn't inspire the same autistic cataloguing tendencies as Dark Souls.

>why are there no 3rd party tools for theorycrafting builds?
Several possible reasons. Most stats don't have softcaps like Dark Souls does and their stat boosts fluctuate over 3-5 level cycles, and builds in the game rely far more heavily on set bonuses, weapon effects and the use of specific skills. There are so many factors that go into effective builds in Nioh by comparison to Souls that I can't blame people for not having it pinned down to a spreadsheet yet.
>>
Any tips for the centipede guy?
Most of his follow up attacks are spinning attacks and there's no time to dodge them and you can't even block them since he does 3 of them in quick succession.
>>
>>195597387
Try and stay reasonably close to his right side (your left), where the big centipede arm is. I feel like you have a better chance of evasion if you try and stay around there. If you need breathing space, back away but keep sprinting sideways so his odachi throw misses and only apply buffs or use items after it does. Other than that, you just gotta hope you learn his tells after a few deaths.
>>
File: 1385469511141.jpg (6 KB, 249x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>A agility armors need body
>BODY
>the stat that speedy light armor ninjas do not give a fuck about
>>
Question about the plot, why did they behead Ishida in the end when Akechi saved his life? I thought they were gonna get him to join forces or some shit, was he really that powerful that they had to kill him?.
>>
>>195597197
Made in abyss
New game
Girls last tour
3gatsu no lion

>>195597387
Only one of his attacks is really dangerous, the one where he follows up a sword swing with a two hit spin and another swing. It has good tracking aswell and is hard to dodge, learn to recognise it. You can only rely block his centipede running swing and throws so get the dodge timings right or hit&run. Also the guardian talisman with the twin doggos helped me, kept him paralysed for most of the fight to make dodging easier.
>>
what should i apply my prestige points towards first? i keep hearing it's pretty hard to mess up a build, but i just wanna know what the most useful thing is early game
>>
>>195589628
I always challenge every wraith I see, and there are some 20-30 levels above the area that I can only assume dropped back down to farm stuff and died. I have yet to lose to one o them though, and they always have a one-sword rating which I assume means they're a shitter.

>>195597197
2017 spring not counting continuing seasons
-susususu
-alice to zoroku
-atom
-id0
-blame

2017 summer not counting continuing seasons
-made in abyss
-fate apoc
-symphogear fuck yeah
>>
File: asd.png (260 KB, 331x627)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>girl
>>
>>195597545

>Not having at least 15 in every stat
>>
File: Okatsu.webm (2.94 MB, 800x450)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
>unironically watching cartoons
>>
>>195597556
Akechi allowed him to return to humanity. Matters of spirituality existed on a different level to the kind of political act his execution was. Even if they intended to have him beheaded, it was still the right thing to do to allow him to die as a human and not a demon.
He was executed because Ieyasu won and Mitsunari was the enemy to his cause.
>>
>>195598136
>where does he think he is
>>
>>195598136
And video games are so much more dignified and mature.
>>
>>195589849
Dodge his attacks until he breaks his on ki, knock him down and final blow him, get behind him, combo him as much as possible, repeat. If you die in one hit don't try to attack unless he's low on ki.

You need to learn the dodge timing for the charge-up attack too. and when you learn the tell for the backstep -> flurry, that's another easily exploitable move.

You can do it. Muneshige taught me the game.

oh the dodge timing for the dog is three seconds.
>>
File: 20171114162846_1.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
How do I get good at this?
>>
>>195598881
>>195597512
>>195597839
>>
So whats the fastest way to progress now that I've gotten into Way of the Strong? Do I rush the story missions for the end or is there anywhere I can go to farm armita and gear real quick?
>>
>>195598997
I completed all the missions in order and kept all the +1/+2 divine things I found to soul match. By the end of the 1st map I had smth full +1 set and +3 weapon, and progressing through the 2nd map it seems to be working fine this way. You can also jump in the lvl~220 bath house mission to farm the trinket that allows you to get set bonuses with less items.
>>
So I keep crashing on queens eyes, should I just dorp the game to minimum settings in hopes of fixing it?
>>
>>195598997
I suggest you do the bare minimum amount of missions to unlock Hundred eyes again and go straight into WotD since the gear is much better compared to the jump from default to Strong.
>>
File: pvpLW.webm (2.89 MB, 700x392)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
>>195596946
>wiki
>so fucking awful
it's outdated and no one updates it
>>
>>195597545
>get one shot by literally everything in WotD and above
>for a single mistake
>>
>>195599993
Will you pvp with me anon? Skill battles is pretty barren these days PS4 only btw
>>
File: oof.webm (2.89 MB, 800x450)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>195600291
i'm pc
>>
>>195600331
>miss the first merciless barrage
>try for a second one despite it being slow as fuck
>the obvious lag and stutter that forces your opponent to still get hit by it by putting them back into position
>even though he was spamming backdash
>falling into water right after
god damn pvp is shit
>>
>>195600598
In fairness the main drawback in Nioh's pvp is that exploiting lag isn't a staple tactic like it was in Souls.
>>
Is the summoning mechanic based on levels or can you get summoned to any mission
>>
>>195600598
I'm australian and he lives in 'Togo'
>>
>>195600941
No level limitations, but you will be scaled down to the mission/difficulty level if you're a high level.
>>
>>195600963
>Togo
>west African country
Yasuke?
>>
>>195590381
>>195592261
>>195592472
>tfw living in a 3rd world country too but the price is pretty much the full US price when converted into the local currency.
Still bought the game though because I enjoyed playing the game before all the DLC release on PS4.
>>
>>195596348
So why didn't he just kill the guy for creating the other guy who stole his spirit waifu?
>>
>>195601438
Jap honor philosophy. A life lived in shame is far worse than death.
>>
File: Am_broke.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
hi anons.

i'm a PC and im currently running nioh. my owner started out getting pretty mad about the frame rate lock, but recently he has started to get really into okatsu even though he dies to her constantly.

he has pursued vast amounts of foot fetish porn, and we have reached the stage where he is cumming into his hand/on the keyboard and wiping away the keyboard cum with the cum hand like it makes a difference. my peripherals are full of dried okatsu-foot cum, which makes operation impossible.

i feel violated and disgusted that i have to load up grotesque okatsu foot images and then be sprayed with cum, which amalgams with the cheeto dust to create some horrible concoction. we have lost caps lock and the keys keep sticking, making his gameplay worse and his okatsu obsession even more potent.

i am not joking, i am a very well built machine with an i7 processor and i am better than this. what can i do to stop this?
>>
>>195601438
One of those cases where people say some shit like "live with your regrets" or something similar to being imprisoned for life except you're blind and can't use your magic amrita shit anymore.
>>
>>195546425
Is it wrong to cheese Yoko onna?
>>
>>195601556
>what can I do to stop this?
Nothing. You are a machine. You exist to serve. Do your duty and take those loads.
>>
>>195601647
depends on how you're cheesing
>>
>>195601647
Why? Its a fun fight
>>
>>195601685
Sloth and bombs
>>
Where is info on Bloodshed's End? The wiki has none.

I hear you have to be on NG+ to fight Hayabusa, is that true?
>>
>>195601737
>sloth
thank god it's nerfed later on in higher difficulties
>>
>>195601794
>Where is info on Bloodshed's End? The wiki has none.
Nowhere.
>I hear you have to be on NG+ to fight Hayabusa, is that true?
Nope, you can fight him on Way of the Samurai. He's still a cunt on the lowest difficulty.
>>
>>195601794
the wiki is shit, don't even know why it's still being posted if you really need info, you're gonna need to search online maybe even force yourself to go to reddit or some shit
>>
>>195601925
>Force yourself
No need to force anything, Reddit is way better in terms of data and info
>>
>>195601912
>you can fight him on Way of the Samurai
Does he still drop his gear/texts?
>>
>>195601996
All except the dragon sword, which is a reward for beating that mission on Way of the Nioh.
>>
So how exactly is the 1kat perfect guard into knockdown better than the parry?
Tested both skill on some revenants and the parry does way more potential damage, mostly because with the parry, the enemy fall backside up so the downward stab deals more damage due to backstab, while the perfect guard knockdown makes the enemy fall backside down, dealing less damage on the downward stab.
>>
>>195602192
later on, in higher difficulties, those parries won't knock them down in one parry since the amount of ki damage won't be high enough anymore. whereas backwave will ALWAYs knock them down for fast kills and damage
>>
File: umi4.webm (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB WEBM
Umi-bozu cheese: Weak to fire. Put on 2 fan accessories, spam hyottoko mask, profit. He went down in four or five hits.
>>
>>195602192
>>195602312
It's also significantly safer since you're moving into guarding rather than lowering your guard for a parry.
>>
>>195601996
of course
>>
I haven't played since the DLC started coming out, but how the fuck do you Tempest?
>>
>>195602374
you don't even need the accessories
>>
>>195602434
Hit guard again immediately after executing backwave.
>>
>>195602434
Double tap guard
>>
>>195602374
Welcome to 9 months ago.
>>
>>195602434
backwave at the last second with your guard and immediately press your guard button again if you see them being knocked back, trying to get the normal tempest requires you to spam and break their guard by lowering their ki enough
>>
>>195602529
Guess what, it just came out last week for PC, posting for those in the thread having Umi problems. kys

>>195602472
Correct, but it substantially increases the damage.
>>
>First time fighting Maria
>Notices she has a similar charge dash attack like Okatsu, which was pretty easy to parry and punish
>Decides to go with a parry strategy to cheese her to death
>Fight against her for almost half an hour but still unable to land any parry on that attack, can't even land the parry most of the time on her other normal attacks
>Finally give up and just beat her the normal way (dodge and punish)
Well that was a huge waste of time
>>
>>195602634
>kys
I'm in your corner here but stop posting like you're on twitter.
>>
how important are builds? can I fuck up my character if I dont follow a guide?
>>
>>195602718

Important later on. Probably ng++ when they start to matter.

No, respecs are infinite and cheap. You get rewarded with plenty. This ain't poe m8.
>>
>>195602634
>having Umi problems
No one does this unless they're retarded and already beyond help.
>>
>>195602976
>my personal experiences are universal
I guarantee you've struggled on a boss that others have found laughably easy.
>>
>>195602779
if I respec do I lose all the skill points I got from consumables or am I still good to go without having to re allocate everything?
>>
>>195603234

The skill points you get from hairs are kept with you
>>
>>195603234

When you respec, you get every single point of amrita spent on a level up back, as well as every single samurai, ninja and onmyo skillpoint. You use the book outside of a mission. Don't do a mission while you still have the amrita cause you might die.
>>
>scorpionfish kabuto
>looks nothing like a scorpionfish
what the fuck japan
>>
>>195596348
Right here. It's still not.
>>
>>195602689
Maria is probably the shittiest fight in the entire game
>>
Do I have to be in WoTWise to farm ethereals or can I do WoTD? Also if I use an inhabited kodama bowl do the effects last for the whole mission or only until I die?
>>
How do you farm bosses? Redo the entire level?
>>
>obsidian set has 2 weapons in it

Fucking why goddamn I just wanted to stack stamina and smash shit with my odachi, guess ill have to wait till I can get the -set requirement shit
>>
>>195603230
In Nioh? Nah. Though I haven't played DLC missions.
>>
>>195604112
Most bosses have a "rematch" level later on where you can fight them without bothering going through entire levels
>>
>>195604112
>>195589007
>>
Is it possible to get B agility in heavy armor? On the respec menu I pumped my stamina to 80 something and it was still C so I rolled it back to the minimum required for C.
>>
>>195604294
Technically yes but you'd need extremely high stamina and strength
>>
>>195604294
C agility makes your dodges slow as fuck and makes everything you do cost 40% more Ki, relative to A agility. It completely fucking gimps you for negligible gain.

You can easily wear a mix of heavy/medium armour starting from like 35 stamina. You can also reforge armour for the -weight% passive.
>>
>>195604474
Ah, bummer. I spent 90% of the game in light armor and was enjoying high agility. Only reason I made the switch is because the Master Swordsman set and weapon are quite good for dual swords.
>>
>Update Information 1.21.02 (11/14/2017)
>Fixed an issue in which changing the "Matching Area" in online settings to "Unlimited" would still result in being limited to your own area.
nice
>>
>>195604569
When will they fix the Queens eyes crash issues?
>>
Why does my crafted Iga set have like a third less defense than other light armor around the same level?
>>
is CTA skill on a kusarigama good or can you get CTA dex?
>>
>>195604568

There's a weight reduction trait on all armor pieces you can get pretty easily by tempering.
Just level stamina anyway, it gives good HP bonuses.
>>
>>195604028
Yeah well, the game starts with Saoirse saying "Death comes for you" and ends with the same line. If thats not kino, I dont know what is. Its like a CYCLE get it???
>>
File: DOmiwb4X4AA-U95.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>195604294
It's possible with 99 sta

I know Fnatic isn't heavy but it weighs the same as lighter heavy armor
>>
>>195605036
>If thats not kino I don't know what is
Movies

Sorry, Nioh's story just isn't very good. Kelley is great though, he's always fun
>>
>>195605036
Are you implying I'm a soulsfag for not liking Nioh's story or what? I've only played dark souls 1 and it was years ago. And I've been playing Nioh since it came out on PS4, I'm not some soulsboy bandwagon-jumping.
>>
>>195605341
>tfw you can't get his ouroboros spirit
>>
>>195605443
I kept thinking Kelley reminds me of Wesker, didn't make the connection with the ouroboros spirit though
>>
>>195605341
What do you think Amrita is an allegory for?

>>195605413
I wasn't implying anything, I was just kino shitposting. Although I will outright state that youre an autistic retard.
>>
What is the circled number in the region screen?
>>
>>195602374
>exploit the enemies obvious weakness
>cheese

Oh, ok.

>>195602634

“Fans” don’t do shit for fire damage unless they specifically have damage bonuses rolled on them.

>>195604550

There are so many ways to stack ki regen in this game I would rather be able to survive a hit than get out a marginally longer combo. C agility is fine. You don’t need to dodge when you can block and you can easily turn low ki in your favor with axe or atlas bear.
>>
>>195605872

How many missions are at that location. Press r1/l1 to cycle between them.
>>
Does everything move faster on Way of the samurai? I dont remember wheelmonks and giant skeletons being so quick.
>>
>>195605872
Press LB or RB, it means you've completed 2/3 of the quests in that stack of quests.
>>
>>195605950
>>195605928
Ahh, didn't think it would be that obvious lol, I always complete the missions so I didn't realize there would be a hud element for it.
>>
>>195605935
no, you're just feeling the anxiety of playing as a completely weak WIlliam again
>>
File: 1510625033615.jpg (379 KB, 1049x1197)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>fight yasuke in the abyss after a long time
>nigga slow
>hfw
>>
>>195605907
Speaking of ki regen. Kekkai talisman with 30ish magic and the amplification skill is super good. I use that with C agility and never have to worry about ki regen on bosses.
>>
>>195605907
Try and post something helpful and people give hell for it. You guys are great you know that? Sorry I forgot this was restricted to people who have been playing for 9 months on PS4.
You're right though on the fans, the two I had included a hyottoko mask bonus so it worked well, others I've gotten since don't. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy. Anyways, back to enjoying my game.
>>
>>195606358

Sorry if that post came across as “giving you hell” but when every corpse in the stage is going on about the warding FIRE keeping shit away I should hope that using fire on the boss is the first thing you try.

Fans will always have some kind of luck bonus on them. Either flat luck or increased drop rates. If you sort accessories by type you can notice that each graphic always has a specific, locked bonus. Prayer Beads with Yokai Damage / Reduction could help you clear the fight faster if you dont have fire damage bonuses for example.
>>
>return of the gourd ng+
wew lad
>>
Violetls if you're here, you're the realest nigga.
>>
>>195605672
I'm not an austistic retard for thinking Nioh has a bad story. Most people think it does. Still a great game though
>>
>>195605672
>What is amrita an allegory for
Souls
Like how shrines are an allegory for bonfires
;)
>>
>Saika Magoichi
>Hit by 1 (ONE) shuriken inflicts almost no damage because of my low dex
>Screams like a child and falls out of the air
>Waits patiently on the ground for final blow
And then the cutscene tries to make him look all cool LOL
>>
is there an up to date list of all armor sets/set bonuses? the one on the wiki is woefully out of date
>>
>>195605672
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amrita
>>
how do you get quality umbracite? I've found normal and fabled.
>>
>>195608351
he's a really cool character in design and concept but he's an absolutely pathetic boss if you have any kind of thrown weapon
>>
>>195608856
I fought him with no ranged at all and he was still an absolute pushover, one of the many weird things that makes it feel like the game and story were designed totally separately; not unlikely because of the long/weird development cycle
>>
I don't suppose throwing speed up shuriken works on kunai?
>>
Shrike -> Sign of the Cross -> Final Blow
killing revenants 100 levels above me and lolling all the way
>>
So .. I just fought against the centipede.
I think I'm missing something, because the whole fight consisted of me going into living weapon once, chopping up his segments and then running and shooting like a bitch at him.
Is there some obvious tech I missed?
>>
>>195608787
Way of the Strong twilight missions and co-op enemy drops. Also can be forged from regular umbracite at a rate of 3:1.
>>
>>195609119
no, it's the worst boss fight in the game.
I mean the only tech is to make sure you block his chompy charge, don't run away from it. if you block it once he instantly stops and you can circle around for free hits.
>>
>>195608787

I think Way of the Strong twilight missions give quality. Otherwise you can forge 3 of one rank into the next rank. They are lumped in with Tools/Materials in the forge menu I think.
>>
File: 1507882273786.jpg (86 KB, 518x621)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
So i just finished the main game...

Am i actually going to have to farm divine fragments for countless hours and get all my shit to divine 10 to make it through the DLCs alive because that's a part of the game i seriously despise.

I mean i was fine with just drops of different rarities and rolls but this is an autistic grind i didn't sign up for and to me personally it's just tedious and boring.
>>
>>195609245
>>195609208

Oh cool thanks boys. You can get umbracite in the abyss too, does that mean you can get higher ranks of it in deeper floors? Or is it just twilight and coop only?
>>
>>195609275
You will need divine gear but you'll get it from drops and rewards. From there it's just a matter of soul matching.

Way of the Strong isn't too bad, but it's a taste of things to come. The loot grind will intensify and you might find yourself getting sucked in despite yourself, but if you find WotS awful you'll hate everything that lays ahead.
>>
>>195609275

Just get a full set of divines and focus upgrading your weapon. Stuff starts dropping witg higher +values later on so it becomes pretty easy to upgrade your weapons. You don’t even really need to pay much attention to stats, just +value - just make sure you dont scrap a good inheritable by mistake.
>>
>die to the onryoki in greater demon hunting literally one shotting me like 10 times
>finally me and whats his face get him to low hp
>he's completely out of ki
>use LW
>dumbass wirriam does a strong attack instead of LW
>onryoki backhands me for my entire HP bar again
I don't even have a reaction image that would accurately portray my annoyance.
>>
File: 1493195765904.gif (2.18 MB, 196x187)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB GIF
>Sakon's set
>Todo
>Kara-Jishi
>something with cool spirit talisman attack in second slot like Enku
Do any graces provide even more damage or i'm entering the highest bullshit spectrum of power this game allows without LW?
>>
>>195609470
>You will need divine gear but you'll get it from drops and rewards.

Yeah but you only get the basic divine level as drops, isn't that how it works? I just want to play through the content of the game, why is it forcing this shit on me
>>
>>195609316
Yeah, for each new floor boss you beat, you'll get one piece of umbracite that scales with the difficulty of that floor. I think 1-5 is WotSamurai and gives you regular umbracite, 6-10 is WotStrong and gives you quality, 11-20 is Way of the Demon and gives you Fabled, 21-30 is Way of the Wise and every floor from 21-999 drops Divine umbracite.

>>195609713
You'll get higher +values as drops as you progress further into WotS. Play through it a bit, if it still frustrates you that much, just drop it. I quit for about two months after I got halfway through WotS for the same reason, but when I picked it back up I got completely addicted to the grind.
>>
>>195607729
That movie fucking rules.
>>
>>195609706
Sussanno + Izanagi for weapons with non shit normal attacks

note graces can also apply to ranged weapons
>>
>tfw you unlock the new spear moves for the first time
WEW
>>
is it worth worrying about gear early game? I just did Kyushu, and I'm wondering if I can just rock whatever random shit i pick up and roll with it
>>
>>195610178
pole vault is the most fun move in the game
>>
Do the elemental graces like Takemikazuchi and Owatatsumi have any practical use whatsoever? I've tried a lightning build and a water build for both now and they've been fucking awful.
>>
File: 1224575726224.jpg (86 KB, 1000x819)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>195608856
>black trenchcoat wearing edgelord with a DARK PAST, holds his katana backwards and has a guardian that gives him black crow wings for several layers of extra edge
>he's a really cool character in design and concept
>>
is anyone around with the gun tonfas willing to go die somewhere in the first few regions so I can grab them from your revenant?

they sound like fun
>>
>>195609659
how about an image of DSP
if he did a strong attack then you pushed the strong attack button ya bitch
>>
>>195608351
>tfw smacking him out of the air with high stance odachi

Feels fucking good man
>>
>>195610436
>DARK PAST
he's a mercenary with a bunch of crow themed lackeys, that's not a dark past at all
he's cool in the same way Kelley is, which is to say hilariously and shamelessly edgy, if you can't enjoy that you have no sense of fun
>black crow's wings
yatagarasu's wings are green and red tho

I'm not convinced you actually know what you're talking about
>>
>>195610673
Or maybe you have "the sense of fun" a twelve year old has. Embarrassing.
>>
>>195610328
I meant Wild Spear
>>
>>195610761
Why are you playing Nioh if you give such a shit about sincerity?
>>
>>195610878
What's insincere about Nioh?
>>
>>195610952
is this nigga serious
>>
>>195610673
>which is to say hilariously and shamelessly edgy, if you can't enjoy that you have no sense of fun

Or maybe i just don't like cringeworthy shit that is presented as completely unironic
>>
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/game-awards-2017-nominees-announced

nioh is atleast on the action awards

but It'll probably lose to destiny
>>
>>195611321
>that is presented as completely unironic
And that means it can't be enjoyed ironically?
>>
>>195611649
if you like fart jokes and south park, sure
>>
>>195611385
it will lose to cupsouls
>>
>>195612095
nah it will lose to Shitstein because KILLING NAZI'S IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!
>>
>>195608351
That's shitty Ikko Ikki for you
>>
Fuku, Tome or Ginchiyo for first transformation purchase?
>>
File: 1507600419901.jpg (19 KB, 142x236)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>195611385
>Nioh (Team Ninja / Sony Interactive Entertainment)
>Sony Interactive Entertainment
>>
>>195612548
Pick with your dick.
>>
File: 1490721581774.jpg (71 KB, 930x916)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>connection error
>connection error
>the invoker has died
>>
>>195612687
Im trying but its conflicted, Fuku is nice cause legs but Ginchiyo is small and cute.
>>
>>195612208
isn't it
>>
>>195611750
Excellent logic.
>>
>>195612548
>Barren and damage goods
>Midget cyclops
>Sultry Goddess
Ez choice
>>
>>195613102
Loliclops is best girl transformation until you unlock Okatsu
>>
which mystic art should i select for kusarigama?
>>
File: 1481130729420.jpg (1.52 MB, 6760x6700)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>195610461
After I died I realized my LW gauge wasn't filled up all the way.
>>
>>195613560
the weight one, sickle sucks dick
>>
How much does the Tome skin cost?
Do I only need to do "Secrets of the Dead" to unlock her?
>>
can you buy stuff off tome and send it to the storehouse?
>>
>>195613683
oh, so they arent similar after all? thanks m8
>>
>>195613683
what seriously? aren't the good kusa attacks done with the sickle?
>>
>>195613560
you can only choose one? shiet. can i change them back and forth or do I have to respec now
>>
>>195614267

How mystic arts work

>You can learn all of them
>You can have one from each skill group enabled
>You can't have 2 from the same skill group enabled
>They generally only affect the weapons that their skill group belongs to
>>
Besides random connection error, there's a connection bug in Random Encounters when an Invoker dies and I try to search for another, it gives me an error and shows the message "(last invoker's name) and you have parted ways", until I restart the game.
I think it happens more often if the invoker dies shortly after summoning you.

Has anyone else noticed this?
>>
>>195614251
High stance is almost all weight attacks and high stance is where most of your damage comes from with kusarigama.
>>
Is there only a single quest that rewards with a Yasakani?
>>
>>195615628
Do Trail of the master I think, one always drops there and you can manipulate it for at least 3 tries iirc.
>>
>>195615628
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIikwfR-yOs
>>
Can you not parry the shortie skellys?
>>
>>195616813
If I remember right think you can but only with specific parries.
>>
>>195616813
Water Shadow and Haze work on them, Backwave, Shrike and the tonfa one don't. I don't know about spear.
>>
How the fuck do you use tonfas? I'm a ninja shitter build so leveling into them has only made my tonfas stronger, but the damage output still feels REALLY low.
>>
File: 1498550534127.jpg (70 KB, 599x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>get summoned for icebitch level
>leading the host through since he won't go ahead of me at all
>make it to the last big crystal, but we hadn't killed the butterflies for it yet
>start backtracking
>host disappears at some point but catches back up
>we're running through the entire level because I can't remember where the butterflies were
>10 minutes goes by
>we end up back at that last crystal
>the barrier is gone from it
>the host had killed the butterflies, probably when he disappeared randomly
>we ran through the level like idiots for 10 minutes for no reason
>>
>>195617260
They're built for ki damage and keeping up pressure. Their damage output is so universally bad (by comparison) that I pretty much gave up levelling Skill for them past a certain point, but if you build them for ki damage and Parry Disabled, they're pretty top. They do basically demand a backup weapon with some actual damage output though.

Nobody can deny that tonfa grapple is the sickest shit.
>>
>>195615427
A lot of the more usable attacks like low strong and a bunch of the stronger skills are with the scythe. It's really more based around how you play with the weapon.
When I think about it it's more like the weight one is for people that don't know the weapon well and just use the basics while the scythe one is for those who are more nuanced with it.
>>
How do I get equipment past level 150?
>>
>>195617260
Use something else for damage, be it paralysis, poison, buffs, debuffs, elements or just your effects. Damage output is something you can easily make up for elsewhere, especially with the weapon's strengths backing it up.
>>
>co-op hosts keep dying
>revenants don't give much glory
>pvp is nonexistent on PC
Getting the glory for any of these skins is going to suck assholes, isn't it?
>>
>>195617820
Progress beyond Way of the Strong.
>>
>>195617706
That's a load of crap anon. The high stance light attack is the best kusarigama attack by miles. It does like a million hits per second and stacks debuffs like nothing else in the game while also being the highest dps chainable attack the weapon has.

All of the stances are good for different reasons but if you're not switching to high stance to take advantage of enemy openings you're missing out on damage.
>>
>>195618057
>i want to be the little girl
u ppl
>>
>>195618104
I didn't say it was bad at all and I sure as hell didn't say not to use high stance, but it's still a slower attack so it's not like you're only going to be attacking with it when you can swap down to take advantage of shorter openings etc. Stuff like Deliverance, Renegade Dragon, Leaping Strike and Crimson Flurry can do a ton of damage by themselves already and all use the sickle so there's plenty of reason to use the other mystic art to boost them even further.
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>195618452
Okatsu is not a little girl. She is a grown woman.
>>
can't believe some people on wotn STILL can't deal with revenants in an efficient manner
>>
File: 1494279982870.png (117 KB, 322x329)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>yasakani magatama just drops from some random enemy
>>
>>195619125
>>195609097
>>
>Think about opening up Nioh and doing Queens eyes to reach WoTWise
>Game always crashes on hundred eyes so think about doing abyss instead
>Hundred eyes can appear there as well
>PVP and Coop don't work
>I'm online but there are no revenants at all to farm on the bridge for glory so can't even unlock transformations
>Anything else would be farming supbar gear in WoTD just to pass the time

FML
>>
Currently using single katana and the chain sickle and progressing relatively smoothly, but i'm not far at all - I like both of these weapon types but according to the stats they both scale from different stats - will this be an issue?
>>
I just unlocked Way of the Strong, is it just a NG+?
And what weapon stats and set bonuses should I be looking for if I want an effective 1kat and spear build?
>>
>>195621707
I used red demon set with a fire katana and the set's fire spear for a long time with a similar build. There are better light armor sets but if you don't mind relying on burn debuff to max out your damage the red demon set is very solid.
>>
File: 1422128787523.png (521 KB, 1280x720)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>195618057
You know, there's much more lucrative ways to get glory than PVP.
>>
>>195622418
Enlighten me please. I don't care about waifu skins, I just want to buy 50 billion kappa shells so I can forge my meme armor every 10 levels or so.
>>
>>195618057
Wait for the cheatengine/mods
>>
PC Newbab here. Is there any glaring differences between builds/faster and slower weapon types?
Back in DS, i mostly used bigdick greatswords and Greataxes, and I was wondering how good the equivalent builds and weapons in this are.game
>>
>>195622559
>every 10 levels
until level 750? sounds fun lol
>>
>>195622632
If I recall correctly heavy weapons in the Souls games tend to be higher dps than lighter ones unless you abuse buffs. In Nioh heavier weapons tend to do more ki damage and single hit damage, but generally don't have much higher dps than faster weapons.

I would argue that every weapon is pretty solid if you know how to play it. Tonfa is probably the weakest in dps but even then it has its uses.
>>
>>195622632
unlike dark souls there's no reason to ever stop levelling so there's no real builds by endgame, just what armor/weapon you decide to use
>>
File: 7fdzr.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>195622559
Get cheat engine. Load up the game and input your glory value, to make things easier I'd suggest having a -somewhat- unique value. i.e. 1573 or something, as opposed to like, 50. Once you input your value scroll to the bottom, your values will most likely be there. Go do isle of demons and dual the first revenants, that's an easy 10 glory and it'll change your value. Check cheat engine and find the changed values, there'll be two. Double click both to add them to the address list. One of the two addresses will kick you back to the main menu. Once this happens, click the 'active' box to the left of the address. Once you get back ingame if the value has changed, untick the box. Go do isle of demons again and kill the first revenant, if you don't the game will kick you back to the start every time you try to buy something from Hisahide, you -need- to increase your value in a natural way, hence fighting a piss easy revenant. After that just himorogi out and you're good to go, enjoy your newfound glory.
>>
>>195622721
I'm only on NG right now so every 10 levels is pretty reasonable to me with how common blue materials are. Obviously once I get to the higher difficulties I'll be forging less and focusing more on aiming for higher rarity sets and reforging and stuff.
>>
>>195623195
I'm probably autistic or something but I genuinely enjoy farming. Reminds me of my MMO days. Cheat engine just sounds boring.
>>
File: 1.png (20 KB, 112x108)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>kusarigama gets the easiest to execute kick on top of being the most fun, the easiest to apply status effect with and the most dps-heavy weapon in the game
sometimes I feel like it's illegal to have this much fun
>>
File: 1505155974440.png (335 KB, 413x373)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
I HATE THESE FUCKING BIRD DEMONS

JESUS CHRIST
>>
File: 30.png (58 KB, 892x174)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Maybe some day I'll get to bother other people.
>>
>>195623629
dude just kill them
>>
>>195623195
Gay
>>
Haze or Water Shadow? Please explain why. You can't say "both"
>>
>>195623629
Press the dodge button to dodge their attacks, then press the appropriate attack buttons to kill it.
>>
File: 1492616578449.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>yokai realm with a companion actually can add new bosses to the omi region challenge missions
fucking nice
coop in this game is superb
>>
>>195623993

Haze because Flowing Shadow > Water Shadow
>>
>>195622559
You could just soul match. It would probably be easier to get the money than constantly forging and reforging it. It's pretty much what it's there for.
>>
File: oxxrq1lxS61snghrzo1.jpg (214 KB, 617x858)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
For the low low price of literally nothing, you can have a ninja come help you with a boss today.
>>
File: pOBWp.png (272 KB, 558x343)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
Does anyone know what armor this is?
>>
>>195623993
I use Water Shadow and Leaf Glide because with Water Shadow you get a full backturned combo which you can use to deplete Ki if you want that, and if their Ki is already low enough you can get huge amounts of damage. Leaf Glide gives an attack buff which is nice to start with. This is what I use however, you should be using what you prefer based on your experience.
>>
>>195624524
It's the Otani chest armour without the Otani waist part. A lot of armour sets that have a big overcoat only get that when you wear the chest and waist part together, or two armour pieces refashioned to them.
>>
File: coopfeelings.jpg (225 KB, 576x720)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>
>>195624741
Leaf Glide gives a full back combo? I used it once and enemies seemed to turn around instantly.
>>
is poison on weapon ninjashit worth it?
>>
File: 31.png (25 KB, 984x95)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>195624417
No I fucking can't.
>>
>>195625806
PC?
>>
>>195625806
Tell me which mission you want on PC and I'll set up a game with you my man.
>>
File: j6zwzi0n6g0z.jpg (698 KB, 2448x3264)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
Can you guys tell me the fastest way to go from finishing NG to getting ready for the DLC, because i want to minimize the autistic grinding i have to do inbetween as much as possible and get to new content fast.
>>
>>195624938
Good catch, thanks.
>>
>>195625860
>>195625942

It's worked exactly zero times despite trying fifty. It ain't gonna work now, but thanks.
>>
>>195624417
whats your build/stats, ninja-nin?
>>
>>195625693
No, Water Shadow does.
>>195625790
If you really want to poison a lot of things over a long period of time it would be, since it's the longest lasting, but personally I think the traps are the way to go for poisoning. You have to learn the poison buff anyway if you want to get any of the others though so you can always give it a shot.
>>
>>195626070
What's your download region? PC version is locked to that.
>>
>>195626115
>not reading patch notes
>>
>>195626115
Not as of the last patch it isn't. And the message I'd get if I wasn't matching with anyone says "No suitable matches found." The connection error happens when a match IS found, but the connection can't be made, because some netcode thing or other just doesn't fucking work.
>>
File: stats.jpg (224 KB, 463x499)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>195626109
it's just ninja shit all the way down
The skill is so my tonfa don't suck COMPLETE cock but I can always respec into other shit.
>>
File: 1336267533760.jpg (36 KB, 768x576)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>mfw unlocking more and more of the axe moves

I AM A FREIGHT TRAIN OF DEATH
>>
>>195625975
It's easy, just pump Dex and get shuriken/kunai/stormkunai, enough magic to get sloth/weakness talisman and maybe carnage. Hope you find some armor with thrown weapon x2 and go to town. Unlimited ninjitsu is also fine. Everything melts, even the dlc.
>>
>>195626574
did you pump dex first and then start other stuff, or get dex up to a certain point then level out other stats and go back to dex?

feels like my ninjutsu are starting to fall off a bit at level ~60 with 45ish dex, they aren't oneshotting everything anymore
>>
>>195627526
>thrown weapons x2
sounds like something that would be rare
is Unlimited Ninjutsu not popular?
>>
>>195626238
Sounds like a problem on your side then mate, open up your NAT and shit, I get summoned in a window of a minute every time.
>>
What does Everlasting Ki actually do? I can't find a straight answer.
>>
>>195627929
It's fine just low%, getting shadowround talismans might be better but I'm not sure on the chances.
>>
>>195628013
press the help button and hover over it
>>
>>195627989
NAT shit has all been opened, Steamworks ports are forwarded, etc. Something or other about my particular setup has broken the game's apparently extremely fragile netcode.

>works on my machine

good to know thanks
>>
>>195628319
Does coop literally NEVER work for you? Cause I get errors a few times in a row, but then I keep trying and it works after a few times.
>>
>>195628319
Now, now, we're just trying to help my man, don't be angsty. As I said, make a game, set up a password and the map you want, and I'll jump in see if it works.
>>
>>195628634
is Coop limited at all by level or can a level 400 person jump into a NG players world?
>>
>>195628506
Literally never. Not a single time. I've spammed random encounter I don't know how many times and I used to burn Ochoko cups in every level just to see it work once but I've since given up.

>>195628634
You're welcome to try. I'm in region 5's Immortal Flame main mission, secret word is gayboy.
>>
>>195628721
you are scaled down
>>
File: 1492627156316.jpg (47 KB, 480x515)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>400 hours later i understood that you can save and load equipment presets
>>
>>195628792
Huh, says no suitable matches found. In order to coop do I do yokai realm or random encounter at the torri gate? I selected the mission in yokai realm with companion and had set the secret word to gayboy all lowers. Got no match, set to unlimited.
>>
>>195629158
Yokai realm is a special one involving harder stuff than regular co-op, do random encounters.
>>
>>195629158
Try entering the secret word, then going to the mission and pressing X or whatever to become a visitor.
>>
>>195628013
Gives a % chance to not go into the out of breath animation when your guard is broken or you're knocked out of Ki. This only applies to the specific out of breath animation though.
>>
Is it true Abyss allows 3 player co-op? Is it like Yokai realm or do you have to use cups?
>>
>>195629546
You can yokai realm and summon visitors. You need white ochoko cups for visitors, and can offer up to two cups at once.
>>
>>195629235
>>195629224
huh that worked, just not that guy sspecific mission. Coop is fine apparently. Did Kelly and Orochi with some guy named bones, sadly got one shot by orochi slam.
>>
>>195627892
I pumped everything into dex, the pushed up spirit to where I needed it for Nekomata and Tanuki. After that I moved onto skill, occasionally tossing body, heart, or magic a point or two.

99 dex for me is where I'm able to borderline one shot evertying.
>>
>>195629719
gayboy must be popular.

Try secret word ggggsd instead.
>>
>>195629689

Sweet deal, I have two friends I play with and it sucks when only 2 of us can do shit together while the other beats off in the corner. At least we can farm abyss together.
>>
Is there anyone even slightly familiar with data mining? I'd like to learn the ways and contribute to this game being explored and understood.

All the cheat engine fags are more interested in cheating values of amrita or money or glory. I want to see what sort of cut armor is in the game. Or if it's possible to fiddle around with armor bonuses.
>>
>people say you have a higher chance of getting smithing texts and other rare shit by doing co-op
>people who get good and do things alone are punished

That's fucked up.
>>
>>195629719
>>195629872
I got summoned for Umibozu kek
>>
This is a very cool level, never been here before.
>>
>>195630187
I think I'm being pranked

Well whatever, I'll just go back to sulking
>>
can you forge elementals onto a weapon, and if you can, how?
>>
>>195630368
>go to the blacksmith
>select reforge
I think you can figure it out from here.
>>
>>195630368
>>195630515

You forgot to mention blow through tons of gold for the element you want
>>
any tips on fighting super-kelly?

Especially its purple breath, since I can't dodge or block it
>>
>>195630328
I'm trying the new pw, I had to carry that nigga through Umi, Hyottoko mask does wonders.
>>
>Finally beat the Birdman on the 'Heir to the Nioh' mission
>He glitches through the wooden fence and takes his loot to the ocean with him

He fucked me in death as he did in life. An annoying fight because you only have time to land 2 hits on the bastard before he recovers from a miss. In my first attempt he one-shotted me out of Living Weapon and then murdered me during my stun animation. LW is turning out to be pretty useless this early in the game.
>>
so how do you acquire appearances for refashioning? I've picked up certain pieces of gear but they don't appear in the refashioning menu
>>
>>195630934
Just pick it up once. It's piece by piece, picking up a helmet for example doesn't unlock the whole set's appearance. And there are just a few items that can't be used for refashioning.
>>
>>195630862

Its not meant to tank hits. Its mostly an “oh shit” button for when you are surrounded, low on health and need things to get off your ass for a couple seconds, or are looking to apply a second elemental debuff to a strong enemy to royally screw ‘em while they are confused.
>>
>>195630862
block
>>
>>195630187
Got summoned for fucking Yuki-onna, best shit ever, took her down in five seconds. I think I ruined the fight for this poor guy.
>>
>>195607729
>3D remake of Harakiri (1962)
Why?
Whatever, I'll still check it out.
>>
File: 1472658074050.jpg (679 KB, 1072x1540)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>195630205
Your William stopped believing in Saoirse and is now trapped in purgatory.
>>
>>195597980
is that another skin? I don't think I've seen this one
>>
>>195630328
I'm not getting any hits with ggggsd, if I turn it off I get pretty much insta summoned, though. I honestly have no idea what it could be other than a) your internet sucks or b) you're a piratefag?

;_; I only wanted to help a fellow weeb ;_;
>>
>>195631647
Don't bother. It's shit compared to the original.
>>
>>195631760
I gave up and beat the boss. It's up again now with the same word, try again if you like.
>>
So what attack up items actually stack? I'm wondering if leeching talisman + carnage + power pill would work.
>>
>>195630934
Equipment from revenants doesn't get unlocked for refashioning, you have to get it legit.
>>
File: u wot aniki.jpg (33 KB, 931x403)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>195631801
That's what I assumed based on most remakes (then again I'm a shameless fanboy of the original) but I have a morbid curiosity.
>>
>Do Coop
>Beat boss
>Screen is totally black now bu tmusic is still playing

Do I end it or keep it running?
>>
>>195632304
ah ok
>>
Anyone have any tips for making a fist build?
>>
Where do you get weapon drops that are better than baseline Divine in Way of the Warrior? In order to upgrade Divine to Divine+ i need to use Divine+ items but i never get any.
>>
File: 20171114233116_1.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
This guy drops anything interesting?
Somehow I died when he died, so lost his loot.
>>
do you guys know what should i level up next ?
i play mainly katana and some times kusarigama and odachi
>>
>>195633165
>equipment weight 75%

bruh...
>>
>>195633165
cœur is your main stat if you main 1kat and has the bonus of improving your ki considerably, dexterité will improve your ninjitsu capacity and damage as well ad unlocking more ninja dojo missions, force is pretty much only useful for improving your odachi and axe damage
>>
What spirit should I be using? All of the bonuses and such they give it seems really difficult to tell.

Right now I am using the basic fire wolf. If it matters my main weapons are spear and the normal katana (not dual wield or two handed), and my spirit is at 10 (but I can easily level it).
>>
>>195633102
Not sure, but you fight him tons of times again in other missions anyway.
>>
>>195632984
Please lads, i just want to get through WotW as quickly as possible, this shit is so boring and frustrating and i just want to unlock the next rarity that makes every divine equipment obsolete anyways.

Speaking of which, do i actually have to clear all main missions on WotW to unlock the next difficulty?
>>
>>195633709
Do the bare minimum then do Queens eyes and hope you don't crash.
>>
>>195633709
>way of the warrior
???
Do you mean Way of the Strong? Is it named something else in your language? Anyway, you'll get +value gear as you play higher level missions. You gotta be less impatient, you'll get fucked sideways by the next difficulty if you just rush into it completely underprepared.
Look at the mission progress bar; you'll see several small increments on it. You have to beat three missions per increment, and when you clear the last small increment you'll unlock The Queen's Eyes. Beat that to open the next difficulty.
>>
>>195633675
Fire wolf is good and universally useful.
A lot of the other spirits are for more specialized builds.
I guess you don't use guardian talisman much? Thats a skill that will heavily influence spirit choice (and fire wolfs is pretty mediocre).
>>
>>195634090
Whatever the fuck you unlock once you complete NG is called.
>>195634090
>you'll get fucked sideways by the next difficulty if you just rush into it completely

I honestly just want to get geared for the DLC and play new content, i'm not a fan of this padding shit thats why i'm getting impatient, sorry.

>>195634083
>>195634090
And thanks, i'll do that.
>>
>>195633709
wise is a pretty big jump and ethereal gear seems very rare still
>>
>>195633165
The only for sure recommendation that should really be given is to level Esprit enough to get all the passives, everything else depends on you.
>>
>Get summoned for umi bozu
>We both bow
>He disconnects at the boss fight
>Get summoned for him again, umi bozu once more
>we bow
>He falls into a fucking trap two seconds later

I cannot even. FUCK
>>
>>195634580
>He crashes at the boss fight
ftfy
>>
>>195633675
The bonuses should explain themselves, and if they sound like they'd benefit your current play style, use them. Kato is a solid choice for raw damage because of its damage boosting passives and has a good living weapon since it charges relatively quickly and lasts a reasonably long time.

By contrast, a spirit like Daiba Washi (wind hawk) charges really quickly but barely improves your damage and runs out really quickly, but its passives do things like improving the drop rate for equipment as well as boosting the chances of gear being a higher rarity when it does drop. Read their effects and use the options button to learn what they do if you're unsure and go with what sounds useful.
>>
So, I killed Kelly, now what? I do DLCs then go into NG+?
>>
>>195635206
You have to kill his friend too John Dee
>>
>>195635206
are you blind
you go back to england and kill the alchemist fucker
>>
>>195633496
nothing wrong with C agility, allows you to block more

just learn 2 flux and you're a okay
>>
>>195635371
>>195635416
oh so that's not the DLC, since it was after credits I thought it was the DLC's prologue or something

but yeah, after that should I bother with the DLCs in normal mode or do them in NG+?
>>
>>195635537
you won't be able to beat the DLCs in normal mode with just NG gear unless you're the most patient fucker in the world and insanely good at the game so you're more or less forced into the NG+ grind
>>
>>195635752
I see, thank you
>>
Kind of a scrub question I guess but is there a reason to use Haze over Water Shadow or vice versa? Kind of confused why they both exist seeing as they're both mid stance only. From the video I guess Water Shadow automatically faces you towards them after you parry so you can attack them faster? Does that mean I should've even have put points into Haze?
>>
>>195636048
I feel like I've been answering this nonstop and it's something you can experiment with so easily and have fun with. Haze does more Ki damage and if used to knock an enemy out of Ki it causes them to do a unique spinning knockdown animation. Water Shadow does more damage and gives you the opportunity for a rear combo instead of the followup. They both go on different buttons so you can have both, use Leaf Glide instead of Haze or if you really want to forgo one of the parries and get an attack on that stance instead.
>>
>>195636048
Just forget Water Shadow even exists because Haze is superior

Haze I > Haze II > Iai > Killing Blow

For the most part the difference is just that Water Shadow is for damage and Haze is for Ki Damage, furthermore Water Shadow has a way tighter window. Anyways, the resulting damage from that Haze combo is way higher though
>>
>>195636048
>>195636784
>>195636848
or disregard both

and only use backweave instead
>>
>>195636784
>>195636848
Interesting, thanks anons
>>
>>195636934
Backwave kind of sucks because you literally have to immediately press L1 again in order to get the Tempest follow up and it's also way less satisfying to land than Haze imo.
>>
>>195637235
>immediately press L1 again
found a slowfat
>>
>>195636848
From experience I've found the window to be the same if not close enough to not matter. Unless they changed it back, that Haze combo only works if you break their Ki with the stab, and if they're that low then you can either do a normal combo from Water Shadow or it's own followup to stagger them and then you get a double Iai into Killing Blow which does far more damage and is probably one of the most damaging things 1kat has.
>>
>>195637315
I'm not saying that its hard, just feels retarded.
>>
You guys are mentioning Iai into killing blow, so am I correct in assuming that you can charge it up to hit them while theyre on the ground and still have enough time to killing blow them? because in my experience the second I attack an enemy on the ground instead of killing blow them they tend to get up right away
>>
>>195637691
yes
can even get 2 Iai in with some autism...
>>
>>195636848
>>195637235
>Backwave kind of sucks
Hard disagree.
Haze does nowhere near enough ki damage to floor enemies on higher difficulties, making backwave infinitely more useful. Having to hit L1 again is trivially simple, it's no different to having to hit square again to perform Haze II, so I have to call bullshit on that being any kind of argument against it.
>>
>>195637593
>just feels retarded
I don't even know how you think that's an argument.
>>
>>195609275
You don't have to farm anything, if you play it normally again you'll get gear increasing in level as you go into harder missions, if you really want divine fragments you could just kill a bunch of revenants and dissemble their gear.
>>
>>195637691
When an enemy is knocked onto the ground, you get one hit and then any others bring them back to their feet. Killing Blows don't count towards this but cause the enemy to get up, so you can make use of that for slick ground combos.
>>
File: nani.jpg (54 KB, 714x682)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>195635371
>>195635416
>the prologue doesn't seem so bad
>I'm having fu-
>mfw I got to the part where you have to fight 3 kellys at the same time, each with the ability to 1-hit kill grapple
>>
>Game crashed in the middle of coop

It didn't do this shit before the patch, fucking hell. Sorry [ger] but that fucked me up.
>>
>>195629069
What?! How?!
>>
>>195639094
Go to equipment screen and press Triangle when on the mission menu, you get 10 slots to save sets in, saves all gear and item sets, also pretty useful late game to save those really rare or important pieces you like just to find them quicker.
>>
>>195639819
Tytytytyty
>>
is it a big deal what clan you pick? thinking of going gamo for dat luck and consecutive attack bonus
>>
>>195639913
You can always switch clans if you change your mind.
>>
>>195639975
sounds dishonorabu
is there no penalty for switching?
>>
>>195635752
Thats incorrect?
Last time I went through the dlc on NG the loot tables where basically the start of NG+ with the first dlc to the end of Strong at the 3rd. It was hard but not impossible or anything, felt natural progression wise.
>>
>>195630569
I still don't know who you're talking about, i don't recall him having purple breath.
>>
What's the best heavy armor set for 1katfags?
>>
>>195640775
The same heavy armor set that everyone else uses dipshit.
>>
>>195640775
>using heavy armor
<30% weight is objectively the best way to play the game
>>
Around what level should I start actually farming up a set? Or just as soon as I get to NG+?

Also what are some good medium armor sets? I use 2kat, kusarigama, and tonfa. Prefer medium over heavy and light because I want to stay in agility B but I also hate how shitty my blocking is in light armor
>>
>>195640925
I was below 30% for ages but I started surviving way better when I went with medium armor and sub 70%. Being able to actually block is great. If I can get better light armor in NG+ where I'll be able to block better I might switch back
>>
File: beck2.jpg (231 KB, 1576x886)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>195589007
just woke up and got the negro's set after 4 tries
>>
>>195640064
If you switch too closely to the end of the "season" you get less glory.
>>
>>195640925
Enjoy getting one shot up until everyone gets one shotted then. Hope that small damage increase is worth it for a little more dash distance that you can totally get elsewhere.
>>
>Sakon drops his awesome looking armor smithing scroll on the first kill

Feels good man. Meanwhile I killed Tadakatsu like 50 times and he didn't drop either scrolls.
>>
>>195640975
Whatever level you actually feel you want to. It won't go to waste since you'll still use it for quite some time especially if you Soul Match it, and it's experience that will go towards when you settle. Way of the Strong is around the time where you'll be wanting to be more proactive about it though.
Sets are always mainly based around your playstyle, so you just have to look over the effects and decide what you want. Keep in mind you don't have to wear all of a set and can mix and match them, so for example you could mix some parts of heavy and light sets to stay in B Agility. Your guard stat is specifically based on Parry and Toughness.
>>
>join coop game
>host sits in the back and doesnt do jack shit
hmmmmm
>>
>>195640925
I played through 90% of the game under 30% until I got lucky and got the Master Swordsman's Armor smithing text from a dojo mission.

For me personally those set bonuses outweigh the negatives of wearing heavy armor. I use kekkai talisman with amplification for bosses and nothing outside of boss fights requires that much ki regen anyway when you can pulse and flux.
>>
>>195634292

Then just play the dlc in samurai you nerd. Finishing the DLC in samurai unlocks all the missions in Strong so you can hop straight to demon.

>>195640925

I like being able to take a hit. Makes tge game less repetitive because I don’t have to do shit over as many times.
>>
>>195641714
>Look over the effects and decide what you want
I've been doing that as I find pieces, but if there's an online resource I can't find it. The list of armor sets and effects on the fextralife wiki is super bare bones and out of date
>>
>>195640617
the final boss before credits, the multiple serpents
I coop'd it with a guy that managed to kill all of them in a single blow and I've no idea how, though he sadly died in the last phase because of random lightning strike. I did kill the boss so his death wasn't in vain rip
>>
New thread

>>195641960
>>195641960
>>195641960
>>
>>195624137
I also noticed that it adds 2 mobs to the bat bitch fight.
>>
>>195642075
>looking for wikis before you've even beat the game
Relax and just play, the info and experience goes in better if you look at and deal with this stuff as you go, and Way of the Samurai is broken to be too easy anyway.
>>
>>195639007
Yeah that part is fucking retarded.
Not like Nioh doesn't have a bunch of moments of really bad game design. That part was unironically the only time i ever got stuck in this game.
>>
>>195643070
I just realized I called it prologue for some reason, but yeah you got what I meant
>>
>>195640316
Don't know bro, but i went into the DLC after finishing up NG and the average Joe mob hit me for 3k (one shot) and had like 10k health. If that feels like natural progression to you then idk lad
>>
>>195643070
>implying
They have very weak guards and limited linear attacks. The only "bad game design" is how it was butchered from the Alpha.
>>
>>195643487
>having final boss in an alpha

what
>>
>>195643704
Referring to how mechanics and enemy layouts were changed, removed and the balance was completely flipped which is something that affects the entire game.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.