[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: T H I C C.jpg (46 KB, 480x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Previously on /dsg/ >>201629971

4K Thiccness Edition

>Shadows Die Twice trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8 [Embed]

>DaS1 Remaster announced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl4BiWdW5Ek [Embed]

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
https://pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Shitposter filter lists for 4chan X users
https://pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b

>Character Planners
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/
http://soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
https://pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
https://pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
https://pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >>>/vg/bbg

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: https://discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>>
Which is worse, lightning spear or corona?
>>
>>201690910
DS2 is the worst, daily reminder.
>>
I like DS1 backstabs because they let me shit on hosts while their phantoms can do nothing but watch while I have ten years of iframes.
>>
>>201690965
upvoted
>>
Guess what I've been doing.
>>
Thanks to the anon who helped with princes, I'm at Cinder now if you want to do that one too. It's NG+10, pc, pass is dsg
>>
"dark" souls 2
>>
>>201690965
>>201691091
There he goes, he posted it again.
>>
>>201690965
give me fogwall bs though
and karate fists, karate fists are a billion times more entertaining than ninjaflips
>>
>>201690842
thoughts on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnN5dyTh4qk
>>
>>201691069
Not doing your duty to purge the cathedral of trespassers.
>>
>>201691069
A temple massacre in the name of atheism?
>>
File: 1502041536583.jpg (46 KB, 479x526)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>201691069
>SL91
>>
>>201691110
almost like reposts happen in every general from every videogame
>>
I really should not have played Bloodborne before Dark Souls

this rolling is so terrible. oh my god. I keep accidentally rolling straight into an enemy, or getting stuck on some shitty little geometry in the level
>>
This was my first time fighting this guy. It went over really quick.
I usually heard that he was really hard. Did I just get lucky?
>>
https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/42sv5yndhcspk9c5
Daily reminder for all you orbiting friede posters.
>>
>>201691308
depends, what sl?
>>
>>201691308
By the time you're ready to take down Nameless King he's a pushover.
>>
>>201691368
I was like 80. Went there right after NK.
>>
>>201691308
He’s a brainlet who was kicked out of his order for using a shield then failed to become even a meth goat.
>>
Anyone able to help me move some items between characters at highwall on PC?
>>
>>201691468
i'm gonna steal your stuff
>>
>>201691308
he isn't hard but he can be tenacious if you're low level since he has a fair bit of health and estus and stamina
>>
>>201691308
He's only hard if you are still a low level somehow, or have no idea how to parry/deal with his weapon. Also easy as piss if you just use a really big weapon.
how many times did you practice for this webm, droid?
>>
>>201691261
>or getting stuck on some shitty little geometry in the level
Bloodborne should have prepared you well for this.

>>201691246
>Sounds to me like you're just doing something wrong.
Like what?
>>
>>201691531
what are you, a nigger?
>>
The remaster's got me itching again, so i'm installing DS1 right now. Any recommended texture/reskin mods, because right now the most I can really find that I can get things up to snuff with quickly are the Dark Souls Overhaul (https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1238) and 3-style UI (https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1107).
>>
>>201691617
>Like what?
I really don't know, but maybe switch up your style for the fight? If you play passively during one phase, start playing aggressively. If you're hugging her, try spacing out a bit more.
>>
File: 1504643068995.png (452 KB, 1024x1024)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>201691595
>practice
Negro I did it for funsies. I just pressed LT because "hey, it'd be hilarious if it worked."
And then I did it again.
>>
>>201691617
Don’t listen to him, anyone who’s beaten a boss a few times inevitably says that it shouldn’t give you trouble. I would say the same after beating gael, midir and demon princes but they are fuck hard fights.
Dancer is hard because she pretends to be slow then swings hyper fast, has fire and magic damage, breaks the framerate and cannot be blocked on her spin moves. Stick to her ass until she pulls her second sword out, then stick to her front and roll into her attacks to avoid them. Use the dark hand if it’s still too hard because her hp pool can be a problem as well
>>
>>201691468
I'll be there in 30 seconds, pass "dsg"
>>
>>201691618
yes, that's my character
>>
>>201690814
>If it's easy how is it deep, retard?
Because it's easy to counter by means of opponent prediction, which is depth.

>If it only happens once per fight, how does it have a large impact on the match, retard?
Because failure to predict the actions of your opponent means you eat a big one, faggot.

>Everything is intellectually more challenging
Making everyone invisible does no such thing and you know it.

>Balance isn't a justification either.
What? Obviously, if you can have too much depth which is what you're clearly arguing, you can also have too little. Dark souls 2 and 3 pvp does not have enough depth to maintain interest for me for more than a few hundred hours at most. Meanwhile I've easily dumped a good 2k in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>201691617
Getting greedy. Dancer is really easy, and I'm not saying that because of what this guy said >>201691780 I'm saying that because she requires patiance, and there are some truly bullshit bosses in DS3, like Midir or NK, but she isnt one of them.
>>
Don’t mind me, just posting best girl in the game.
>>
Am the only man in this thread who did Dancer first try just by relentlessly spanking her ass?

I mean that's her big weakness and you have to be a major faggot not to do that first try.
>>
>>201692072
I did it as well. But for some reason, my second and third runs through the game on different characters had trouble, despite being the EXACT same build.
>>
>>201691956
>2k hours into 1
>thinks net code lag abuse is intellectually challenging
>thinks guaranteed backstabs are a good mechanic
I just don’t see how things could go so wrong.
>>
>>201692072
>devs give her a ridiculously strong ass jiggle as a hint to abuse it
>people still try to hit her empty head to stagger her
So many morons playing this game, I don’t get how they function in life.
>>
>>201691468
>>201691826
Fuck dude, I didn't keep track of everything you dropped. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>201692171
>thinks net code lag abuse is intellectually challenging
Yes, yes it is.

>thinks guaranteed backstabs are a good mechanic
Making sure to always maintain a position where your hitbox was in relation to where your opponent's hitbox will be so that you don't get backstabbed, and the opposite scenario where you position yourself in such a way where you know where your opponent's hitbox will be before it's actually there and landing a backstab is intellectually stimulating and a good mechanic, yes.

Without this constant pressure to maintain safe positioning, pvp becomes so simple that it's boring.
>>
>>201691986
I just can't read her god damn attacks. At all.
NK and Friede and Co. have lots of very well-defined attacks, that while sometimes difficult to dodge, are clear enough to be approachable. I'm not getting that from Dancer even a little bit, and holy fuck I've fought her so many times. Which means I have to dodge with twitch reaction alone, and I just can't do that.

Holy shit I cannot WAIT for that Ds1 remaster so I can stop dealing with this shit.
>>
>>201692574
I really can’t believe what I’m reading, this is hyper weaponized autism.
>>
>>201692642
>Holy shit I cannot WAIT for that Ds1 remaster so I can stop dealing with this shit.
I thought that too, until I remembered the second half of the game.
>>
>>201692642
Go take a shit and drink some water. Her attacks are very reactable, and if you're failling this hard, just relax a little and come back later.
>>
>>201692684
I don't see an argument here.
>>
File: 1515721981449.png (122 KB, 600x530)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>201692803
this 100%
I cannot believe how much taking a break helped when it came to beating Kos and Midir. It made fighting them feel less strenuous.
>>
>>201692803
This. I got frustrated fighting her at SL1, took a break and it was much simpler when I came back. If you let a boss tilt you, you’ll never beat it angry.
>>201692827
I won’t argue with someone who thinks forced backstabs and poor netcode should be a mechanic.
>>
>>201692985
>I won’t argue with someone who thinks forced backstabs and poor netcode should be a mechanic.

At least you're admitting that you concede the argument.
>>
>>201693061
>>
>>201691956
>if you can have too much depth which is what you're clearly arguing
No it's not, you complete brainlet. There are games a million times deeper than DS1 which actually generate depth properly. My point for the last three posts you've failed to interpret has been that a mechanic's ability to add more depth doesn't justify it's addition. What you're saying it like saying "well more money is good" and then lopping your arm off for a penny. You're saying that they aren't a big deal whenever anyone calls DS1 "backstab souls" then saying that they make a huge fucking difference whenever anyone says the game isn't deep. You're just a hard boiled hypocrite who can't let go of your fighting-game-lite ego. Hang yourself.
>>
how does the parting flame WA work?
>>
>>201693303
How will the brainlet respond to an argument like this?
>>
>>201692803
>come back later
Oh anon, I've come back later so many times, soooo many times. I go through this with every character, every single time. Hell, even the many that don't get very far because of how repetitive playthoughs are still try Dancer at some point. Maybe it will click this time! Spoilers, it doesn't.

Last and most fun character was a barely-planned Millwood man I made to check out the two DLCs. Dancer, who'd I'd of course fought a lot at this point, at appropriate level and everything, took...I dunno, a dozen tries or so? Something like that.

Demon Prince took one. Gael took three or four. I was completely blind to both of them. Friede took a lot, as she should, but still.
>>
>>201693517
Have you considered playing better?
>>
>>201693394
When something dies, you gain a charge on your pyro flame as long as it's out (you can two-hand your main weapon though). When you gain 12 charges, you get an aura on your character. Use the WA in a safe spot, and you'll expend some FP to get a full orange flask back.

It also works as an invader, it's a nice way to get free Estus for the host's dirty work.
>>
>>201693446
Probably with a chillstepwave youtube montage of a bunch of guys wearing MotM backstabbing eachother.
>>
>>201693517
I really don’t understand how she could stop you so many times compared to the much harder dlc bosses. Dancer is certainly a pain at low levels but what the hell man
>>
File: Spoiler Image (73 KB, 540x411)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Remastered pros
> HD Gwyndolin

Remastered cons
>Character creator will most likely remain unchanged
>So will BoC
>New Londo will most likely still be there
>The ghosts will be there as well
>OH FUCK THEY ARE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS
>GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!
>WHY IS IT SO DARK IN HERE?
>At long last i have reached the bottom, i am sure there i...what is that?
>OH FUCK WHAT IS THAT?
>MOMMY I AM SCARED
>OH FUCK WHERE DID THAT CAME FROM?
>WHERE ARE THOSE STAIRS LEADING?
>OH FUCK I FELL
>Did i just noclip out of the game?
>OH FUCK WHAT IS THAT
>OH FUCK THERE'S MORE
>I WANT OUT OF MR. KAATHE'S WILD RIDE
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: file.png (879 KB, 600x800)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
what's the most underrated weapon in DS1?
>>
>>201693303
I am saying that DaS1 backstabs and netcode are good because they force you to be mindful of positioning, but are also easy to counter if you predict your opponents actions correctly. It's pretty straightforward.

This isn't about ego, it's about pvp being fun. Exploring the intricacies of these mechanics over a slowly evolving meta is fun.

Outside of raw builds and stats themselves, other souls games haven't really had much of a meta like Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls had, because they lack the proper amount of depth.
>>
>>201693842
server
>>
>>201693842
Bastard Sword.

>slightly less range than claymore
>more AR
>1HR2s do a fuckload more poise damage
>>
>>201693842
>Drake sword
You see, while it may lack scaling it makes up for this in high base damage, a very unique look and an epic special R2 that’s a callback to DeS storm ruler! One of my favorites and a must on all my RP characters.
>>
>>201693842
It looks super nice, and the bleeding effect is cool too.
>>
>>201693842
The standard longsword
Constantly overlooked but that thing was incredibly solid and versatile
None of the later games' has felt as good, although obviously DaS3 longswords are "better"
>>
>>201693891
The problem with your thinking is that if two intellectually equal people match up, they will circle each other predicting the others movement and not make a move until the other does. This becomes a mind game and is what shit up DS3 when it came out. Thankfully we’ve moved onto stat min maxing and going apeshit with HA which is cancerous but at least it isn’t boring.
If you have to focus on predicting backstabs and avoiding them, you’ll never have balls to the wall fighting, just mind gaming.
>>
File: 20180113145925_1.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>
>>201694141
Is this the worst offender of hitboxes? I’m not sure if it’s intentional since they have teeth on their under belly but I cannot avoid getting hit by them on the slightest movement
>>
File: 1515779640718.jpg (37 KB, 500x375)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>201694141
Everytime.
>Do something important, like preparing for a boss fight
>BEING SUMMONED TO ANOTHER WORLD AS A BLADE OF THE DARKMOON
>Go farm for something that I really want
>fighting an incredibly dangerous enemy
>die

>actually wait to get summoned as a Dorkmoon
>literally jack shit happens
>>
File: 1515001601779.jpg (13 KB, 526x526)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>want to replay dark souls 1 today
>hdmi/dvi wont work/no signal in the graphic card slot
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOMEONE HELP ME RIGHT NOW
>>
>>201693983
my man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIMin2zDhTk
>>
>>201694227
Nah, it's annoying but clearly intentional and not broken. They do pretty low damage and are just there to prevent you from cheesing them by standing underneath where they can't attack.
It sucks when you get unlucky and the teeth stagger you into a charge for 80% of your life though.
>>
>>201694275
I wonder if it actually prioritizes people who are moving to avoid pulling in people who seem to be afk, I also never get summoned while waiting but constantly while fighting or running around
>>201694348
>pc cuck
Laffin
>>
>>201694114
The problem is that we have a disagreement over what we find fun. What you consider balls to the wall fighting, I consider mindlessly just R1ing and dodging.
>>
File: 1514998576209.jpg (27 KB, 400x400)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>201694395
help ME you fuck
>>
>>201694379
The stagger is exactly what bothers me, it feels odd because they’re the only enemy whose body damages you. I suppose it does make sense in preventing cheese tho.
>>201694368
Good god...
>>
>a game, ANY GAME, gets announced or released
>/vg/ thread quality fucking plummets

I wonder which "video games" related board could be behind this
>>
Anyone on ps4 doing anything right now? I have a favour to ask
>>
>>201693557
>1 shot demon prince blind
>Have you considered playing better?
Yeah I'll get right on that champ.

>>201693650
But when do you even attack in phase 3? She's always either doing a crazy combo or potentially about to continue a crazy combo.
>>
>>201695063
You have to bait a weaker attack, like the overhead slam (stand right in front) or roll into her endless spin, wait for stamina and attack while she’s in her tired animation. Honestly you have to have decent damage and hp because the easiest way is just out trading her as opposed to beating her with estus left over. At higher SL levels you can just stagger her big ass over and over
>>
>>201695063
>1-shotting a boss
You just keep getting worse.
>>
>>201694507
drown in a fire frogposter
>>
>>201693926
I loved it and hoped it would come back, but there was no reason to not use the murakumo
>>
>remastered edition will included previously cut contents, including a third ending, a new faction and several new NPCs homaging to important pillars of the Souls community, including but not limited to VaatiVidya and EpicNameBro
>>
>>201695793
empirically false
>>
>>201695793
>including a third ending
velka boss fight
>>
>>201695034
pls respond
>>
all I want to know is if DS1R is going to use the DS3 armor assets instead of new ones

>elite knight will just be the ds3 one
>>
>>201696040
I don’t see why would they use 3’s and risk people shitting on them for copy pasting armor. they’ll just use 1’s textures they originally planned to use but scrapped for time. I genuinely can’t wait for the massive disappointment that this will be.
>>
>>201696040
It's a remaster, not a remake.
They'll up the resolution to 1080p and work on the framerate a little, and that'll be it.
>>
>>201696128
>I genuinely can’t wait for the massive disappointment that this will be.
It's only going to be a disappointment for PC only people. Life goes on, I guess.
>>
File: dark souls23.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1200)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
THERE. Fuck.
Thank you VERY much, anon who suggested dark hand, that helped so much more than I thought it would. Maybe now further attempts will go better, maybe. Maybe.
I still don't feel like I got any better, though. She didn't use her longer combos at all that time.

>>201695358
No, anon. Think harder.
>>
>>201696183
>blight town will be 30 FPS instead of 25
>Solaire will have remade textures since he’s a “fan favorite”
>ENB references
PRAISE MIYAZAKI
PRAISE THE SUN
>>
>>201696183
they're gonna do some lighting changes I'm sure.
>>
>>201695861
>fight pregnant velka boss
>she aborts halfway through to steal its energy/humanities or whatever while laughing at you and leaves for another man
never eat the rice
>>
File: dankmemes3.jpg (60 KB, 373x348)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I need some opinions from you guys
What is the most fun covenant to be a part of, where is the most fun place to invade, and at what levels? In your opinions, of course. I want to hear some feedback so that I can get some ideas for my next characters. Dark souls 3, of course.
>>
File: No ears, only tears.webm (2.86 MB, 720x405)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
Have you denied blues their ears today /dsg/?
>>
File: 3457462426.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>201696246
>mfw playing 3 after 8-9 month hiatus
>black iron gs build
>3 shot boss without getting hit
babies first souls?
>>
>>201696246
>+1 estus
>that hp
>that shield
>SS ring
>>
>hitbox lag with noobs spamming M1 hitting you from a mile distance
>all while rarely taking any damage
>3 seconds delay between hits, making it impossible to not be hit if you're a crit-based build

How do you even play this shit DS3 pvp? This nigger game is literally unplayable online.
>>
>>201696362
>Aldrich faithful
>after pontiff bonfire
>level 45-75, mainly 60-65
>>
>>201696246
Why the fuck is your healthbar so big?
Are you shit or something?
>>
File: downscaled 2.webm (2.86 MB, 720x405)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>201696362
Join the church of good ol' Aldrich
>>
>>201696362
>sunbro
>full black iron
>sword
>shield
>armor
>no rings
>>
having now beaten friede, midir, and gael, i can confidently say that the dancer is the hardest ds3 boss
>>
>>201696669
wow you're retarded
>>
>>201696669
Pontiff Sulyvahn is objectively the hardest boss in the series ever.
>>
>>201696450
>>201696589
It's only 27 vig, anon. Settle down.

>SS
What's wrong with SS?
>>
>>201696669
Not even close, she is one of the cheapest because of her endless spin and the framerate loss. There are much harder bosses, the problem is your estus and weapon
>>
>>201696669
Having now beaten every boss in every Souls game, I can say that Midir is the hardest.
>>
>>201696669
Fag.
>>
How the fuck do I get regular hatemail? I sl 40 twink at cathedral and farron, I win 70-80% of invasions, considering they're all ganks. I always point down/stalk shit on my opponent whenever I win and always lure enemies into them.

No hatemail after 2 days.
>>
>>201696362
Most fun covenants are Spears of the Church, Mound-Makers, and Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon when they fucking work.
The others don't really offer much or add anything "unique"
>way of blue
who cares
>sun boys
just the same as normal co op but better rewards and a color change
>watchdogs/aldritch
just invading in a very specific place only, with different(worse) rewards than normal invasions
>fingers
gives the same reward as invading with no covenant item at all. It has a rare chance for double rewards though, which is meaningless since you can easily get 30+ without it ever actually happening.

What do you get when invading as a Blue Sentinel or Darkmoon though?
It sure as fuck aint an ear.
>>
>>201696669
>>201696810
>>201696863
These are some of the worst opinions I’ve ever heard.
>>
What bosses do Twisted Wall of Light, Vow of Silence, and spell parry shields work against?
>>
>>201696889
because nu-souls fans are soyboys with no spine
>>
>>201696941
I'll wait while you name a harder boss than Midir.
>>
I just realized that one of the major differences between Dark Souls 1 and the other games is that a lot of the early game takes place in very cramped corridors that have the effect of making your weapon bounce a lot.

How do I know this? Because I just replayed that game for the first time in 5 years. Just beat everything up to reaching Anor Londo. My Longsword never bounced this often in Dark Souls 3 or in Dark Souls 2.

Also, four-way rolling when locked on has aged poorly. So has the Halberd moveset. It feels so terrible whiffing an attack with a Halberd in Dark Souls 1. Which is why I hope the upcoming Dark Souls 1 remaster makes the weapons closer to Dark Souls 3 in design so that it feels less clunky.
>>
>>201697013
DS1r combat is going to go untouched.
>>
why am I so bad at dark souls

I want to do the catacombs early for patches' weapon but I can't kill these skeletons even with the ASS
>>
File: Cat very confused.jpg (1.16 MB, 3000x3000)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
So I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone in terms of weapons/builds, currently trying whips.
I'm using the Notched Whip and I actually rather like the moveset but is the damage supposed to be kinda shit or am I doing something wrong?
I can't really tell if the problem lies with whips, with bleed weapons or with myself desu
>>
>>201697007
Midir has one shot moves and a large hp pool, this is no different than any other dragon boss in the series. Kalameet could double his damage against you for a guaranteed one shot and was much faster. Ancient dragon is fought on a small arena and has horrible hit boxes. Midir is just smack the nose, riposte and end the fight. You have to be a brainlet to not beat him in under 10 tries the first time you meet him. He stands still for sorceries like mist, weapons with vertical move sets. He isn’t easy but he’s nowhere near the toughest boss
>>
>>201697183
Whips are hard to use, since they aren't fast at all
They have range, but no damage
Try Pyro Whip, that one actually does damage and has crazy range
>>
>>201697152
Why even kill them? You can just run past all of them and by the time you get to Patches none of them will chase you anymore.
>>
>>201697183
All whips have piss poor damage besides one whip in DS2, the reason being their wide hitboxes would make higher AR and bleed op in pvp. They are decent in pve but don’t be surprised if they feel lackluster
>>
>>201697152
>skeletons
>regular damage
Use a blunt weapon, nerd
>>
>>201697294
the necromancers 2 shot me
>>
Guys, I need a fun build for some aldrich invasions and such. I was thinking about doing a peasant build with the 4 pronged plow. Any ideas?
>>
>>201697192
The idea of Khalameet being anywhere near as difficult as Midir is so preposterous I can't even formulate an intelligent response. My brain can't even handle the proposition.

K's got to be one of the most solid, fair, consistent bosses in the entire series.
>>
File: downscaled gank.webm (2.88 MB, 720x405)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>201697398
Faith
>>
>>201697413
A solid, fair boss can still be the most difficult. I wasn’t saying kalameet is more difficult regardless, but imo he is because he’s fast. Midir is a slow, healthy piece of shit you just have to use gimmicks against.
>>
File: 1507262888744.jpg (88 KB, 500x1000)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>201696889
almost impossible
you can;t fuck people over anymore like in the good old days of demon's souls or even dark souls
>no more scraping spear or (effective) acid spells
>armor is easy as fuck to repair anyways
>being cursed is a complete non-issue
>the old monk boss is a easy as fuck
>all while being disadvantage as an invader
take me back bros
>>
>trying to do Dancer at SL25, using Dark Hand AND basic Gnaw
>still took 10 tries
I'm not sure how bad I should consider myself to be, but it's the first time I've done it at low SL without assistance. The annoying thing is that if you don't get two Gnaws on her consecutively, it won't proc and you'll have to use a third one, which makes it much harder than with Dorhys' where two shots will guarantee a proc. And for reference, I had 20 Vigor and a Dragon Crest Shield since that thing's a lifesaver.
>>
File: wat.png (28 KB, 672x364)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>201697192

The toughest part of Midir is definitely the runback. It's way too long and just makes players play poorly when they do reach him because of how frustratingly long it is. I really don't know why they don't just put a bonfire right before that drop off wall, just like how the bonfire for Gael is right before his fog door.

Anyway, you're right about everything else. People definitely overrated Midir. I'd still say Kalameet is number one, followed by Sinh, then Midir, then Ancient Dragon (both the ones in Dark Souls 2 and 3).

>V1 unsupported in Captcha
>please direct siteowner to g.co/recaptcha/upgrade

What the fuck does mean?
>>
>>201697498
If midir really seems so difficult, watch a few guides on beating him and you’ll see he’s one of the easier bosses to cheese.
>>
>>201697498
>you have to use gimmicks against
>have to
>gimmicks
like what?
>>
>>201697498
>you just have to use gimmicks against.
>have to
That alone makes Midir categorically more difficult. You're argument is like saying "guns aren't more deadly than knives, you just have to not get shot."
>>
>>201696889
>how do i be a worthless bitch to make me feel cool in my miserable life?
>>201696990
>people who are too mature to send angry messages to manchildren are soyboys
>>
>>201697574
V1 is being deprecated. Enjoy clicking cars.
>>
>>201697574
>SL 60
>Faith
>Cannot beat Midir even with Lightning Arrow
FUCK
>>
>>201697574
Is this bait?
Going down an elevator, hallway, and ladder is frustratingly long and harms your performance?
What the fuck?
>>
>>201697682
What the fuck is even V1?
>>
>>201697294
there are so many fucking skeletons

this cave you have to go through has over a dozen skeletons, I'm trying to run past but DS1's fucking collision boxes make you not able to get through
>>
How good are "berserker builds" with preserverance?
Also between miracles, pyro and sorcery whats the best overall for PvEvP in conjunction with melee?
>>
>>201696990
>soyboys
I'm under a rock. What is this term?
>>
>>201697716
Legacy captcha
>>
>>201697574
Google is removing old legacy captcha so it might be that. I do agree on the run back being a big reason people get frustrated with him. I don’t understand why he’s so hidden, you’d think he would have a big cave entrance to invite the dark so he can kill it. Instead you HAVE to make an elevator jump
>>
>>201697727
the new term 4chan has coined to throw around specifically to describe people they don't like
>>
>>201697718
Follow this route
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joxXoetgIYw
>>
>>201697660
t. soyboy

Can't make it any easier, sped.
>>
>>201697724
>*for DS3
forgot
>>
>>201697612
Use the head riposte, sorcery gimmick or abuse the way you can bait his easier attacks
>>201697636
Wrong, I’m saying a gimmick in that you mash r1 on his face as opposed to most bosses where you circle their legs
>>
>>201697727
low-t numales
>>
>>201697727
Its something /pol/ calls to to anyone who has a social life and takes a selfie with his mouth open.
>>
Anyone unavle to summon/be summoned in ds3 ps4 rn??
>>
>>201697727
remember how, a short time ago, 4chan used to call everything "cuck"?
yeah, "soyboy" has replaced that. Means nothing different to them.
>>
>>201697886
Sorcery gimmick is the only real gimmick, I never get head riposte until near the end of the fight where it either kills him or gets him within 1/2 hits.
I don't even remember how to bait him, I took a break from Souls and came back only to kill him first try on a new character.
>summoned a friend just to see if we could stick it out
>he dies before landing a hit
>killed extra health Midir
felt fucking good
Killing Midir always feels so fucking good though.
>>
>>201697724
>berserker
Elaborate. Do you mean just mashing R1 at a dude with a defense buff active? Because those literally don't work due to always being able to roll out after two hits, and anyone with half a brain is going to do just that once they realize what you're trying to do. Even less recommended in PvE since trading against mobs is always a bad idea.
>>
>>201697824
I cannot fucking get past. it's not happening. I give up. I can't have fun in dark souls, I have to beat the taurus demon first like a casual
>>
>>201698067
This seems the most probable. Neat.

I can't keep up with this shit.
>>
>>201691069
Failing to kill the doggos, because that's the only excuse for farming deacons instead of just getting summoned
>>
>>201697727
the new "cuck" aka the new "nu-male" etc...
>>
>>201698147
Good for you, only morons worry about the new buzzword of the month. Just know that anyone who uses soyboy is to be ignored, their opinion discarded.
>>
>>201698098
>Killing Midir always feels so fucking good though.
>tfw never killed Midir
He's impossible. I believe all of you are lying, and so is every video on YouTube of people killing him. It's all hacks and lies.
>>
>>201698105
Well... two hits were really my objective without being stunned.
>>
File: 1499744732145.jpg (171 KB, 1520x1604)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>201698067
I miss when we just called everyone fag.
>>
>>201691308
PHENOMENAL COSMIC SHIELD
ity bity straight sword
>>
File: 1501140720909.gif (2.13 MB, 300x300)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>>201698147
Yeah, it's all a load of crap.
>>201698289
me too man, me too.
>>
>>201698240
What do you play on anon? If we're on the same thing you can use the lay out gesture and I can try to do a hard carry.
Or we can take turns casting CSS and Pestilent Meme
>>
>>201698240
This is how people felt about Ornstein and smough back in the day, don’t worry. If you really can’t make even a 75% dent on his hp after so many tries, say fuck it and over level yourself. Go in with maximum preparedness and all the spells that counter him.
I fought midir about a dozen times, gave up and came back to beat him in 3 tries with a co op summon (makes it harder because his hp pool becomes godlike).
>>201698392
This is a solid strat and a great way to blow off steam from losing to him
>lay out and taunt that dumbass as he charges pointlessly
>>
>>201697243
>>201697296
OK, I guess I'll leave whips as an off-hand weapon.
What's a good weapon type for a Bleed build?
>>
>>201698503
O&S are supposed to be done in coop, you can solo them easily only with magics or overleveling probably
>>
>>
>>201698392
PS4. I've seen guys beat him with insane hypermode builds at insanely low SLs, so I guess it isn't much of an excuse, but I did the DLC at SL70 with just a regular 25/40 build. Found him absolutely impossible. Like, it was so completely incomprehensible it wasn't even fair. Like, trying to barehand BL4 Laurence in Bloodborne, or something.
>>
File: dark souls24.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1200)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
Why does this other dragon just die? Never figured that out.
>>
>>201698619
not the guy you're responding to, but I'm on ps4 if you want me to jump in and kick him with you.
>>
>>201698503
>This is how people felt about Ornstein and smough back in the day,

No, this is how Gen Z babbies who have never played any action games with any semblance of challenge felt. For them, Dark Souls was babbies first challenging game.
>>
>>201696594
>not wearing avarice to take advantage of the surplus of souls
tsk tsk tsk
>>
>>201698608
Greatshields and spears, anon. Nothing beats it. Patience too, that's good.
>>
>>201698713
Thank you, but nah. I need to do him alone. I'm gonna level up to 120 and finish my build, then try it.
>>
>>201698809
did you need some souls or anything? I can do that for you.
>>
>>201698795
Well that too, you can also go full havel fat rolling bitchmode like with 4kangz
>>
>>201698680
It's deep Dark Souls lore. I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>201698760
The problem is those older games had actual challenge you can practice against, dark souls is just unfair bullshit like endless combos in 3 or I-frame lies in 2. I don’t blame people complaining about bosses because DS bosses aren’t “difficult” in the traditional sense
>>
>>201697727
People who can't digest milk or something and they have to use a soy based diet
>>
>>201698839
Actually I could totally use some souls, yeah. I've been trying to level through co-op but I've plateaued in the mid-80s. Coop seems really rare lately
>>
>>201698864
Gen-Z'er detected.
>>
>>201698680
He dies of depression because you killed his only friend. Realistically it’s because a lot of things in 3 “share” souls so maybe the dragons were linked together
>>
>>201698839
Aight man, give me a minute or two and I'll hop on and drop you a fat stack of souls and embers, if you need em
just let met know where and what the password is.
>>
>>201698612
This is not ok
>>201698608
You can solo them easily by using your brain and utilizing the arena
>>
>>201698906
Isn't that like most Asians? I'm pretty sure I read something about how most Asians are typically lactose intolerant.
>>
>>201698941
Good to know you’re just shitposting, too tired to have a serious discussion.
>>
>>201698772
at this SL Souls are mostly for fashion, we don't level up.
Im not the quoted.
>>
>>201699018
That's not "easily" though. Easily means the braindead way
>>
Anybody on PS4 willing to help me with Midir?
I just want to go into NG+ in peace
>>
>>201699065
Protip: it's not actually about the souls
>>
>>201699152
Sure, after I finish dropping some goodies for >>201698915 I'll stop by and help you out if you do me a favour
>>
>>201698998
Awesome dude, thank you.
Anywhere's fine.Um, you can summon where a boss is gone, right? Where do people usually go in the end-game?
>>
File: overhead UGS.webm (2.89 MB, 640x360)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>201697398
frosty boy

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/271181 (SL 50 Warrior)
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/271182 (SL 60 Warrior)
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/271183 (SL 60 Knight)
>>
>>201699226
What you need?
I only got some time left tho since I have something else to do...
>>
>>201699285
can't* summon where a boss is gone
>>
>>201699332
I was going to ask if you could help me transfer some stuff to a new character, but it's alright. I don't even have a plan set for him yet so it'd be counter productive. I'll still help you out though, as soon as I hear back from the other Midir bro.
>>
>tfw playing dark souls again
>the stone giants use a miracle to slow you and prevent rolling
Would this miracle enrage Ds3 players to death? I feel like it would cause a collective aneurysm if this was in the game
>>
>>201699421
We'll see in May
>>
>>201699318
and what upgrade level should I be at for this level range?
>>
>>201699285
You can only summon reds. There's also the matter of the spear being revivable
>>
>>201699564
Ah alright. Well if I can summon Reds, Highwall works. Pass "216"? Thanks again man
>>
>>201699497
I use +3, I'd consider that the minimum for those SLs. Could go one higher. Bear in mind that these are both twinkling weapons.
>>
>>201699636
so by +3 for these weapons, that would equate to about +6 - +8 on normal weapons, right?
>>
>>201699634
Sign is down, my dude.
>>
>>201699497
At that point of the game, people are 55-65 with a +6 or +7 weapon (unless they did trc or lothric castle first). I have an sl70+8 for the purpose of invading a wide range of lategame areas and I still get constant summons if I don the cov. I even invaded a guy at central Irithyll once as he was fighting the doggo. What the fuck was he doing there?
>>201699634
Not that guy, just saying what you can do
>>
I hope DS Remastered fixes the bug where if you attack before a blocking or rolling animation finishes, it gets stuck and your character attacks after a several seconds delay
>>
>>201699318
I'm curious, which of these three does /dsg/ think is the best? Past 28 str the sword scales mostly with dex while twohanded, but while onehanded it feels like benefits from strength more than the hammer does.

>>201699671
yep
>>
>>201699421
you now remember the tranquil walk of death glitch
>>
>>201699421
I didn't mind them since you can usually fight them one on one. The wizards in Brume Tower and jailers in Irithyll Dungeon who make you fatroll are far worse.
>>
>>201699764
lol GG. Thanks again man. I recognize you from /ddg/ I think. Need a rent?
>>
File: 1438724783743.png (524 KB, 779x588)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>201699814
Sweet, good to know. Also, as >>201699887 is asking, which of the three do you recommend?
>>201699332
Alright man, ready for Midir? just let me know where and what the pass is.
>>201700117
Anytime man, and rents are always welcome. Swolros needs some love.
>>
>>201696990
>You have to be MATURE to send insults to people over dying in a vidya

t. 9 year old with anger issues
>>
File: convo.jpg (178 KB, 707x479)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>201698680
>>201698954
>>201698853
>>
>>201700198
Too late now sorry, got to leave
Thank for the offer!
I guess I am destined to git gud and actually do him at mid SL
>>
>>201700198
I'm >>201699887 and >>201699318 and I use the SL 60 warrior one, I was just curious if dsg though I should remake it as a knight

listen to the other anon about level ranges though, I invade all over the place and don't really use that build as a faithful or anything
>>
>>201693926
The servers suck though, that's why we are getting a remaster
>>
File: Spoiler Image (320 KB, 1920x1080)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
what is this?
>>
>>201700432
Question for you then, why do you have a chime with no spells on the warrior version?
>>
>>201700575
What the fuck? looks like those guys with the spiders fused into them from DS2. I definitely have more time on 1 than 2 and I don't think I've ever seen that mob. It's a red phantom mob though, so that means you've been gravelorded by someone.
>>
File: 20180105115942_1.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>201700198
None of of them
>hp is too low
>that much stamina
>34 str (unless if you want to use the fugs, in which case you need more vit as well as more vig)
>you can use priestess ring if you want to hide for regen and have 2 chimes (in case of hiding fags)
>>
>>201700575
WAT. I've never been gravelorded there. I never realized that being gravelorded introduced a brand new enemy type that you can't find anywhere else in the game
>>
>>201700575
Cut content?
>>
>>201700628
weaponart for healing

I could have put it on strength but when you twohand your strength has half of itself added back onto it, which means odd numbered strength values will cause the stat to end in .5 while twohanding, which gets rounded off.

The fire on the other one is just for resetting frost.
>>
>>201700575
It's called a shitpost
>>
File: gold.webm (1.66 MB, 700x400)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB WEBM
I've played games from 2006 with better hit detection.
>>
>>201700628
>>201700808
Though you can use the priestess ring to cast if you want. I don't know if removing said ring deactivates the buff, it might since pocketing the chime does.
>>
>>201700865
that's why you always check your rear when running away
>>
>>201700731
what build would you recommend then?
>>201700808
Ah, gotcha. Question though, >>201700731 Is saying there's too much strength and not enough hp. Do you use vordt's hammer one handed often, or could I remove some points in strength to get more hp?
>>
File: vaati2.jpg (105 KB, 1136x640)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>201695793
A character modelled after Vaati would be my husbando
>>
File: 211420_20180113043218_1.png (3.43 MB, 1920x1080)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
get punked you bald bitch

this actually took like 30 attempts to reach him
>>
>>201700970
>implying that would work with that amazing hit detection
>>
>>201700865
>Dark Souls online has bad hit detection

No shit m8
Why do you think no one sane takes Dark Souls PvP seriously?
>>
>>201700865
>that ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCSUSwcDwg
>>
File: ZYjKPzQ.jpg (43 KB, 500x261)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>201700575

Claw Hollow
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/unused-content
>>
File: qsdqd.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>201699421
it made everyone angry, so yes, yes it would.
>>
>>201700198
Yo, did you need some stuff muled? I owe you after what you just did for me.
>>
>DS1
>try to roll around an enemy
>roll straight into him
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
>>
>>201700731
>hp is too low
It isn't, your health comes from estus in invasions. 27 vig at sl60 is fine.

>that much stamina
two stunlocks and a roll with the hammer

>34 str
both weapons are str scaling

>>201700980
I used to use that same build with 30 str and 34 vig, the sword gets whittled down into a frost stick without it. Here's me using it with 32 vig and 30 str.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjpwuOrB9TI

You also need to be able to onehand the hammer to switch to it and riposte.

You can go for just 30 str but the extra vigor isn't very useful. Most of the time, if you die, it's because you got trapped in a spot where all the health in the world wouldn't have saved you. Going past 27 vig at this SL is really just parry protection, but again, if someone swaps out to a chaos dagger, they'll take you down with one riposte even from higher vig levels.
>>
File: 1440183466533.gif (1.98 MB, 260x229)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>201701265
I was just about to ask if you could transfer some stuff for me, actually, but I need to actually create the character first, so I'll report back in 5 when I'm at the high wall.
>>
>>201701229
>Invade
>TWoP
>Pursuers
>Dark Bead
Shit was out of control.

>>201701337
Sweet sweet.
>>
>remaster
>its literally nothing
as expected of bamco
>>
>>201701407
I'm pretty much going to drop you exactly the same thing I did last time, but then I'll get you to transfer that over to my new guy. Sound good?
>>
>>201701630
Yessir. Can I actually pick up more stacks of Embers and those Souls, though? Or do I need to use a different character?
>>
>>201701735
I can hook you up with some more souls and embers, though it will take a bit so that I can backup and redownload my save and all that. Not a problem, however.
>>
Playing DaS 2 after finishing up DaS. Using a 360 controller and it just feels off. The camera seems to only have two speeds, too slow and too fast. There's no analog control of it. Character movement seems to have some input delay or something. I'm not liking it so far.
>>
>>201701781
Oh nah I'm good on that stuff, I just didn't want you to waste your time dropping them if I can't carry them. If you wanna skip that step I can just back up my save and drop you them all.

Although actually I only have 79 of the Souls left. Your call though man, I'm good for anything.
>>
>>201701023
You can still see when the swing happens and that's usually enough to dodge it. You have to dodge attacks that would hit you where you were X amount of time ago (which is your lag) and you have to attack X amount of time before the enemy is in a vulnerable state. It's fucking retarded, I know, but that's how it works and whining won't change it. You can either adapt or go home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-mvEEezoAI
>>201700980
Depends entirely on what you want to use. Do you absolutely insist on Vordt's
>>201701330
Yes, because you have such an estus advantage over the host. 27 vig is what my pre-catacombs invasion builds have. You seem to be forgetting that when facing multiple people, the 2-hit stunlock rule doesn't apply as strictly
The stamina isn't the biggest aggressor, especially since you use GH, but I still think it's too much. People who get hit by GH tend to not be too eager to get hit again
>both weapons are str scaling
So what? Neither 34 nor 50 str are a softcap. Your options are 20, 27, 30 and 40, and I would stick to 30 if you absolutely have to be able to swing the GH onehanded, which is a terrible idea.
>>
>>201701870
Oh, gotcha. I thought you were asking for more.
In that case, Highwall, same password as before, I'll put down my sign.
>>
>>201699917
I never forgot, anon
>>201699421
It would be a bit too much in 3, light weapon builds wouldn't really have a way to deal with it. then again, light weapon are absolutely dominant otherwise, so fuck them
>>
>>201701998
Cool cool. Already here
>>
>>201701870
>>201702068
forgot to mention, put the rest of those souls in your storage box so that you can actually pick up the stack I'm going to drop.
>>
>>201702089
Done and done. Good idea
>>
>>201700865
>1km range hit
>roll hit

it's Dark Souls alright
>>
>>201702132
You wouldn't happen to have an unupgraded bort hammer, would you?
>>
>>201702345
I... don't think so. I'll check. If I can make one I will.
>>
>>201702440
Also, you'll need to put your sign down this time. Thanks a bunch, man.
>>
>>201701879
>Neither 34 nor 50 str are a softcap
You don't always have to end on a softcap anon. You don't get a bonus for it. It's a soft "cap," not a soft "floor." On top of that, the points fade into the softcap steadily, so the 39th and 40th points of str are notably weaker than the 37th and 38th on the sword.

>I would stick to 30 if you absolutely have to be able to swing the GH onehanded
You need to be able to onehand it to switch to it on ripose and you want your sword to do damage so that you use it to kill people without relying exclusively on frost.

>You seem to be forgetting that when facing multiple people, the 2-hit stunlock rule doesn't apply as strictly
If you actually do get bodylocked a gank can combo you down from 99vig. You're probably not using the estus ring. If you've got 1k hp without the estus ring and get dropped to 100 hp, you're going to chug once and be at 700 health afterward, likely unwilling to use another estus flask to top yourself off since half of it would get cut off. Because of this, 27 viggers with 1k HP end up only really having 700-800 hp in practice, which makes them squishy as fuck. Either that or they go for the double sip and have virtually no resources. With the estus ring though, you're at full health with basically every sip, but without huge overkill, so you actually get all 1k of your 1k hp.
>>
>>201702483
No prob m8. Anything else you'd like while I'm Transposing? Prisoner's Chain?
>>
>>201702559
oh, that would be really useful actually, if you could. I completely forgot to drop mine.
>>
>>201702634
Done and Done. Omw back to High Wall
>>
>>201702674
Thanks a million, friend. I really appreciate it.
>>
>tfw almost used the 99 Souls

Trying to play this, Bloodborne and Nioh at the same time is not easy.
>>
>>201702842
I feel ashamed for being accessory to that dirty ass build you're making, but you're welcome lol
>>
>>201702957
well, I ain't twinking with it, I plan on having many adventures all over the place. I co-op more than I invade anyway, but we'll see how it goes.
Does it count as twinking if I'm sl60?
>>
>>201702510
>You don't get a bonus for it.
What the fuck kind of an argument is that? It's about bonus, it's about efficiency and some stat points being more valuable than others. If you didn't notice, I'm not advocating 40 str
If you don't want to rely on frost (which is fine, it's very inconsistent by Irithyll) you should use a great mace+heavy longsword/broasword instead
>If you actually do get bodylocked
That requires you to fuck up way beyond getting hit by some straight sword and get staggered into an oncoming running ugs attack.
>You're probably not using the estus ring
Only all the time. My current build is efficient enough to only need 2 standard slots, so I switch between that, cat, spr, chloranthy, obscuring and hawk as needed. But estus is irrelevant if you die to a combo
>>
>>201703006
Ah, I see.
I completed 90% of the game at SL70, so I wouldn't think so.
>>
>>201703037
wow, you sound like a lot of fun.
>>
Is Blessed Weapon worth the 15 Faith on a 40/40?
>>
I'm replaying DS1 and I keep getting half-invaded. All the zone exits turn fog and I can't use bonfires, but no one ever shows up. It's really fucking annoying.
>>
>>201703237
Shit happens in Bloodborne too
>>
>>201690842
Could someone drop me a Cathedral Knight UGS please?
I'm on pc, highwall 1st bonfire and the password would be dsg
>>
>>201703037
I don't ever get caught in combos unless it's three guys who put me in a position where I'm completely boned regardless of how much vig I've got. If your problem is having people combo off of running attacks then just do backwards parries.

>great mace
I'd use the spiked mace if I was forgoing frost. It's thematic though.
>>
>>201703341
question for you, what armour setup do you use?
>>
>>201703441
Brigand set with xantharous crown and thorn gauntlets. I'm not recommending it though, and you can wear more armor as a knight.
>>
Is there an origin that would let my indecisive ass flipflop from a 66 str build to a quality build and back, maybe dabbling in int and faith too, without being too inefficient? I can never decide on a build. I want to use stuff like hidden body and tears sometimes, but I don't want a full faith or int build.
>>
File: shrug.gif (587 KB, 187x294)
587 KB
587 KB GIF
>>201703006
Why did you want it unupgraded then? Also
>vordt's
>twinking
You can have the weapon by the time you finish settlement
>>201703181
Depends on the weapon, but I'd say no. 40/40 is mostly about uninfusable weapons, which are as a rule of the thumb unbuffable (only exception I can think of is anri's which is a luck weapon) and a bit of versatility with other weapons in exchange for damage. Blessed weapon depends on your AR. You'll probably be better off with a resin
>>201703441
If you want optimization, soulsplanner has it built in
>>
>>201701802
>no analog control
DS2Fix.
>>
BW would be a cool as shit buff if it had a bundle animation on cast what could be used with unfaltering prayer
>>
>>201695793
>Epicnamebro
I'd be fine with that as long as they put his sister in there as well.
Not to mention DS2 and 3 already had a very blatant ENB homage.

>>201697518
>the Old Monk boss is easy as fuck
Demon's Souls Old Monk was not any harder and the DS3 one is infinitely better because you have the Painting Guardians as a backup but the fight doesn't extend forver because both parties have a million grasses.

>scraping spear
Completely unbalanced due to how easy it was to destroy people's equipment in a game where you can heal forever. Would've been better if there were more tools for armor destruction but they would be more specialized or balanced. For example hammers / greathammers should do extra dura damage against plate armors while slashing weapons would do the same against light armor so in protracted fights your armor runs the risk of being destroyed.
>>
>it's a they try to trade your sunlight spear while your a spear of the church episode
>>
>>201703964
wait, what about Epicnamebro was in 2 or 3? And what's significant about his sister?
I also didn't realize people liked him a whole ton around here.
>>
>>201704185
When will they learn
>>
>>201704290
>subhuman name
>subhuman internet
It checks out
>>
File: WdffNRyh.jpg (149 KB, 1024x824)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>201695793
>Yukaslegion boss
>>
Why are people thinking this remaster is going to be anything other than a simple lighting and fx upgrade?

If it was going to be any different to current Dark Souls they would say. It's simply a HD port of Dark Souls to current gen consoles. Nothing more.
>>
>>201704452
I was trying to find that image where someone had messaged heem on gfwl something about massaging his caramel forehead and came across this
http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/562f9ff7.png
>>
How much time does it take for you fags to pull off a new pvp char in this game while grinding?
>>
>>201704704
>DS3
>>
>>201704279
>What about Epicnamebro in 2 and 3?
The Porcine Shield is a reference to him. Bandai Namco held a shield design contest for DS2 and a fansubmitted a Marcus Shield with the image of a pig on it in reference to his Youtube / Twitter mascot of the time which is a plush pig. What I recall happening is that after it had won the community vote, it was discovered that the pig design on the shield was just a photoshop of a stock image of a pig onto a shield and since it had already won, Bamco didn't want to take it out and they put the shield in but redesigned it and gave it a disparaging description. For some fucking reason they also put the ass ugly shield in DS3.

>I didn't realize people liked him a whole ton here
The ratio of people who like him here is probably the same as people who like him in other communities I guess. He used to be one of the support pillars of the entire western Souls community so he's pretty relevant.
>>
>>201704821
>the biggest western souls persona is an actual, irl Texan cuck
Why the fuck can’t we stop meme’ing shit into existence
>>
>mfw you'll get to ninja flip in 60 fps
>>
File: Come sweet death.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1456)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>mfw the character limit for names is still 12
>>
>>201704704
In this general? 4 weeks give or take. Between grinding, auto-flagellation and mounting dildos.
>>
>>201705051
>60 FPS 1080p moonlight butterfly
>60 FPS Seath battle
Delicious.
>>
>>201705045
>Texan
He's from Mississippi born and raised and he just moved to Tennessee this weekend.
>>
I hope getting a riposte after breaking someones block comes to remaster :)
>>
>>201705176
Somehow even worse, at least Texans can compensate by buying big guns and trucks. Now i know he’s just a REAL southern cuck like me and that kills me inside.
>>
File: 1447704459940.png (140 KB, 381x270)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>201705135
>bullying ciaran in 4k and 60 fps
>>
>>201704703
lmfaooo good shit
There's all this good Nelson shitposts, but you just can't find them unless you go digging. Like that picture of him in a diaper
>>
>>201703604
*throws "Help Me!" carving*

Also, is there a limit on how high one should even raise int on an int build? Is it like physical stats and caps at 40?
>>
>>201705486
60 int is the max you want to go
>>
>>201705486
what g a m e
>>
>>201705486
60 if you want to go full wizard
40 if you are only in it for wep scaling.
>>
File: 1376370302754.jpg (344 KB, 791x1187)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>201695793
>Beat Artorias
>Enter Oolacile
>There's a huge, thickly-bearded landsknecht with a zweihander sleeping at the bonfire
>He's a jolly guy, almost like Benhart with a little bit of Siegmeyer in him, talking about how the last thing he remembers was earning wages for his family, then a long blank, then the shadowy hand, then here, and how he's hoping that with enough of the wild humanity here, he can go home
>Exhaust his dialogue, sit at the bonfire, he disappears
>Go human
>Invaded by Father Afrana
>His zweihander deals mostly fire damage
>Does Well What Is It upon entry and upon killing you
>If you defeat him you can summon him for Manus and Kalameet
>Giantdad cancer flourishes once more
>>
File: 5pT7ixb.jpg (336 KB, 3675x2175)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Anyone want to help with Lothric on PC?
im at the fog wall
pass : dsg
>>
>>201705658
DaS3 for both questions, sorry

>>201705657
Got it. What about att? 30?

>>201705718
What if I'm trying to do the entire game only using Farron Flashsword and Farron Greatsword?
Alternatively, can I do something similar with Lifehunt Scythe?
>>
i hope they don't implement too strict anti-cheat, cause i wanna do a flipping giant dad at sl3 in undead burg
>>
>>201705823
they wont
>>
>>201705823

Definitely not

Oh, and also make your zweihander curse immediately upon contact

Show these newsoycuckboys that the PC master race is NOT to be fucked with
>>
>>201705787
Farron Magic is very cost ineffective and i doubt you will have enough punch to do most bosses from start to finish using that method no matter how much int/att/chugs you stack.

The same problem applies for offensive miracles

30 att gives you 233 FP (and 5 slots), which is enough to give you a "bank" if you want efficient chugging.
At 35 att (the "FP" cap of attument) you get 280 FP, but it's not really worth it.

Just stick to great arrows, the great heavy arrows is the most cost effective sorcery in the game and have the (vanilla) greatsword as an AoE backup in case you get swarmed.
>>
File: 20180113124419_1.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
help
>>
>>201706393
U RIKE
captcha: AMERICAN
>>
In the mood for a ds1run, anyone got the random character sheet?
>>
>>201706461
I played real bad, there was a madman with me but I loyd'd him by accident and he got killed
The door where i was heading at was locked so I got fucked
>>
Which do you think would be the fastest miracle to aquire:
>farming coop medals for great lightning spear (I have 11)
>rushing the rest of the game and killing SoC for sunlight spear
>rushing DLC1 to access DLC2 early, killing lmao2bat, then rushing for lightning arrow
I am sl60/+6, just finished profaned capital,
and haven't set foot in pontiff's playground yet
>>
>>201706756
SOC you dip
>>
>tfw Pontiff's swords are not paired, you will never hold them as Pontiff does, and you wont' be able to do his fucking combo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pR6W_jDqY
why must I suffer like this, guys
>>
File: 1493500849437.jpg (139 KB, 736x948)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>201707013
Because no fun allowed
>>
File: 1449448901982.png (1011 KB, 2422x850)
1011 KB
1011 KB PNG
>>201706393
>namco keeps pushing for this more phantom bullshit
>>
>>201707254
It's overall just better. I like the more chaotic fights of DS3 compared to DS1. Phantoms also give people more incentive to go online, especially in DS1 which was the only Souls game without health penalty when you weren't in the "online available" form.

And no, Bloodborne isn't really a Souls game and it's invasions were fucked by the Bell system.
>>
>>201706756
You should have dorhy's gnawing already, so arrow.
>>
>>201707589
3 whites is the biggest problem
2 were bad enough
>>
File: 49901.jpg (327 KB, 964x1020)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>201695793
How did Vaati become a pillar of the "souls community" again?
>video starts
>panning shots over random DS1 locations
>spends 2 minutes describing what a cake is
>spends 4 minutes reading the recipe, word for word, with a deliberately slow >voice to sound cool and mysterious
>let random characters talk for 2 more minutes "Eh? My wares? Why of course they're stolen! And when you die and lose your head, I'll sell it all again! Eh heh heh heh heh!"
>make a connection between the character - "But what if... The merchand referred... To the cake... When he used the word... "wares"?"
>Outro screen to get to 10 minutes for yt ads
>5k lorebucks a month
Watch Hawkshaw if you want actual lore videos, not this hack
>>
>>201705051
You can already do that on PC, you console kiddie.
>>
With Dark Souls 1 getting the remaster treatment, will /dsg/ once again be filled with classic tripfriends and namefriends who were masters of PvP like Ippiki and Shy Cass?
>>
>>201707831
I really hate Vaati and how he talks, it's like that Top15s guy

Any good lore channel except Hawkshaw ?
>>
>>201708168
>The return of brandon peeve and yukas and all their faggy followers
Oh for fuck sake we all wanted des to be rematered
>>
>>201707724
I will never stop saying that the best way to balance coop, not only as far as invaders are concerned but also pve to a huge extend to would be to enable friendly fire. Or at least, have that be the "drawback" to seed instead of have it last as long as a fart
>imagine seeded fingered wobbed clusterfucks in aldrich/doggo territory
>>201707831
/dsg/ memed him into relevance
>>
>>201708365
The return of Dark Souls 1 PvP means the return of katana japstabbers.
>>
File: file.png (217 KB, 597x582)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
How many people have you shot while they were gesturing?
>>
Soul of cinder on PC anyone?
pass : dsg
>>
>>201708283
Why does this general hate Vaati?
>>
>>201708632
one moment
>>
>>201708692
he's the one that got away and didn't become a trap
>>
>>201708727
im at the fog
>>
>>201708692
Because everyone sucks his cock and treats him like the god of the souls lore because he has a deep and mysterious voice while all his videos are overedited garbage and stolen theories
>>
>>201708692
because he's le epic britbong soyboy who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about all the time because his mouth is always packed with too much soy
his "lore" videos are just 20 minute long snoozefests where he spouts lies and made up bullshit while eating soybeans and drinking soy milk
Soyyti Soydya is a fucking soycucklordfagfuck and he shouldn't even be allowed soy to be mentioned in soy this soy genesoyal
soy
soy
soy
>>
>>201708857
oops, sorry. let's try again
>>
>>201709013
top quality post
>>
>>201709073
is it soynking in yet?soy
everything is soy
4chan is soysoy
soy is soy
>>
>>201709013
>snoozefests
>not soyfests
>>
>>201709013
>>201709131
The absolute state of soyposting.
>>
>>201709143
>soyfests
>not ssoyosoyysoyfsoyesoyssoytsoytsoyssoy
>>201709193
knock knocksoy
who'soy there?
it'soy soy
isoy it soyinking in yet?
fuck i hate thisoy fucking mesoymesoy
>>
>>201708692
A legitimate reason for hating him is that he has been caught stealing content from other Souls content creators and taking stuff without crediting people.

Sanadsk also had a problem with this but lately Sanadsk has been better at crediting people so my image of him has improved slightly.
>>
>>201709013
>britbong

Gee, a*ericans are really out of touch, aren't they?
>>
>>201709032
I choked, still not dead
>>
>>201709312
t.britsoybongsoy
>>
File: 20180111231605_1.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1080)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>201709340
alright, coming, just gonna buy some resins
>>
>>201709349
Australian master race. American women crave BAC
>>
>>201709395
>Australian
oh, okay. you're all good then. my mistake. i hope you have a lovely day.
>>
File: Soybean-seeds.jpg (535 KB, 1687x1126)
535 KB
535 KB JPG
>>201709193
It's amazing how much a simple crop triggers pol.
>>
>>201709395
BAC = Big Australian Cock for all those wondering. I don't need to tell you this though because your women will be explaining it to you very soon.
>>
>>201709496
>triggers
Try again soybean. Where do you think the joke came from?
>>
File: doodlefuck.jpg (27 KB, 350x350)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>201709496
ME SOY MENOY
>>
File: 1509678509976.png (71 KB, 651x315)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>201709395
>>201709505
>>
>/dsg/ : Dark Soys General
>>
File: 1436727621916.jpg (25 KB, 301x267)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>201709385
thanks a lot man, build almost complete now.
>>
I got a pyromancer character that have yet to go through high wall yet
What are some nice pyromancer weapons that are fun to use? I figure that Onyx Blade and Thrall axe (infused with dark) might be useful as they have low requierement
I miss my 10 characters that I used to have
>>
>>201690842

Is it just me, or are DS3 and Bloodborne easier than DS1?
>>
>>201710275
It's just you. BB is the hardest, followed by DaS3, DaS1, DaS2 and DeS.
>>
To that Anon who encouraged me to go to church
this is so fun, WoG is nuking people left and right
>>
>>201710275
DS3 and BB are actions games while DS1 is a strategy game.
>>
>get invaded
>power goes out about 30 seconds later
>look like a total fag
>>
File: 1351476642111.jpg (475 KB, 1500x1200)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>start new game as Sorcerer
>mfw I keep dying to Iudex
I thought you niggers said magic is ezmode, what the fuck?
>>
>>201710439

Not just me, then?
>>
>>201710524
try using the other magic missle anon
it does big damage
>>
>>201710479
>same guy invades again
>kick his ass
>I'm sorry
I hope he got it
>>
>>201710275
Your latest Souls game is usually the hardest.
Also : Defensive playstyles are more viable in DS1 while playing fast and aggressive like DS3 / BB is harder.
>>
>>201710439
Dark Souls 1 is probably the easiest entry in the series for me. Most enemies are very passive, possessing only a couple of basic moves, so can always circle strafe them and land a backstab. Their attacks are heavily telegraphed too. You can parry with every shield, minus great shields of curse. A good 100% block shield is easy mode. You can cheese most bosses with a high stability shield and they won't be able to guard break you. You can poise your way out of most semi-challenging situations as well. The only hard parts are when you are facing a boss for the first time and don't know his moves yet, or when you run with unupgraded weapons on purpose.
>>
>>201711135
my toughest boss in DS1 was the Iron Golem, i killed him with an Halberd hiting for 15 dmg each hit. After that i put some stats in Str and Dex and equiped the Black Knight Greatsword. Everything was easy mode by then, and i haven't read any wiki's or anything.
>>
>>201710439

That's kind of how I've viewed it as well. DaS is almost like a turn based Action RPG (DLC excluded).
>>
>>201711452
Iron Golem was unironically the first boss that i managed to defeat in my first try (without summoning Tarkus or having him trip)
After defeating him i thought that i had finally become good at this game.
I was wrong
Very, very, very wrong
>>
File: 20180113151757_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>summoned as a "gray spirit"
>the other dude backstabs me from across the room
Setting the authentic Souls PvP experience aside, what was this all about? I'm not in any covenants.
>>
>>201690842

I'm gonna guess most new players struggle with the Gargoyles.
>>
>>201711036
Farron ring is ass anyway
>>
File: THICC Smough.jpg (597 KB, 3436x3994)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
Oh yeah, Smough is left handed, not just the Iron Golem. Not a lot of left handed bosses or enemies in games.
>>
>>201711838
In Door of Pharros you are considered as a tresspasser if you are not in the rat covenant, you will be summoned into another player world as an invader and you have to kill the host (before he kills you first)
>>
File: 129891364785.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Anyone for the demon twins? Last blockade before I get Lightning arrow
>>
File: 20180113153519_1.jpg (826 KB, 1920x1080)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
Stupid doggo
>>201711971
When he uses the hammer, his right hand is close to the heavy part
>>
>>201712718
im on PC
pass: dsg
>>
File: 20180113153537_1.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1080)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
ezpz
>>
>>201712912
you fly up there with CE you cheeky bugger?
>>
>no invaders yet
>>201713139
Nah it's actually possible to go
>>
>>201713198
I am unironically interested in how you climbed up there then
detailed instructions required
>>
>>201704703
I buy him
>>
>>201690842

After playing Dark Souls for a while, I went back to Bloodborne, and I pressed the L1 button because I thought I could block.

Has anyone else ever done this?
>>
>>201709496
Sock
>>
File: 20180112211558_1.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
at least get yourself a fucking katana or something
>>
>>201701229
I miss gfwl so much. hatemail will never be this easy every again.
>>
>>201701329
>permanently locked-on brainlet
>>
File: sniper spot ahead.webm (2.89 MB, 960x540)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>201713476
Pretty simple
>>
>>201713787
I would find myself wasting blood vials when I should have been pressing L1 after coming back from dark souls
>>
>>201714527
oh, neato
I thought you were up where big doggo spawns
>>
>>201690842

You're supposed to use a ranged weapon for Moonlight Butterfly, right? Doesn't that make the fight easier?
>>
>>201705787
Dist did a farron flashsword run if you want to see what it's like.
>>
>>201714813
Just roll and damage whenever it lands. Wasted so much time trying to use projectiles and long range weapons my first run.
>>
>>201714765
Nah, I think that's actually impossible to get to legit
>>
How does the 10 minute grace timer against invaders work in DaS3? I just beat a dude and not just a minute later I was in his world again fighting him and his phantoms again? Do the phantoms override the grace timer?
>>
>>201715112
He was probably fingered
>>
>>201714752

I found myself pressing square because I forgot triangle was the use vials button..
>>
>>201715205
hot
>>
>>201715404
>>201715205
>twinks, fingered gangbangs and SUCC
why is dark souls so gay?
>>
Anyone willing to drop me a crystal sage rapier?
I didn't know I needed to farm shit in this game
I'm on PC
>>
>>201715589
Just CE your ears in, silly. Farming k***hts for 6 hours isn't fun
>>
>>201715702
I ain't about that shit
If I did that might as well CE in all my miracles, takes away the challenge
>>
>invaded by a red and a doggo at the same time
>doggo runs straight past me to engage the red
what the fuck is wrong with these guys
>>
>>201698240
Try fighting him solo
>>
>>201715798
What's challenging about getting ears?
>>201715813
Please re-read what I posted.
>>
>>201715589
I can drop it to you if you can trade me a profaned greatsword or a catherdral knight ultra greatsword
>>
>>201715998
I can give you the first one no problem
>>
>>201716042
alright I'll don't have to farm it thanks!
Set a sign at high wall with the password dsg
>>
>>201716119
Having some connectivity issues rn give me a second
>>
>>201715801
Severe mental retardation
>invade some havelknight and his sl9999999 buddy
>doggo invades, attacks me while I'm fending them off
>break off, start kicking his teeth in
>another doggo invades, sees me pounding the first and joins him (except this one isn't as terrible)
>have to break off again and forgo muh fashun ring for regen
All in all didn't affect much, everyone but me died and the host, killed his phantom again but fuckup a roll and got pummeled by the tooth.
>>
>>201716202
do you want me to try to set a sign
otherwise you can add me on steam and we'll try to trade when your internet is working better
>>
>>201716621
It's fine I fixed it had to reset my router
I'll put my sign down at the high wall
>>
There's no point in attuning two of the same spell in 3 like there was in DaS2 and 1, right? It'd be cool if attuning a spell twice or more would reduce FP used to cast it. Might make it possible to do spell only runs against bosses in NG+ and beyond, albeit by just whittling them down with basically free Great Soul Arrows.
>>
>>201715801
top ten anime plot twists
>>
>>201715016

Just roll when it shoots those magic spheres? And try to position yourself between the magic needles?
>>
>>201716736
not seeing any sign, did you put it at the very first bonfire?
>>
>>201716870
spell only runs are possible on any ng+ level
>>
Guts
>>
>>201717318
password is dsg right
are you embered?
>>
File: 20171217170419_1.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1080)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>201717423
Guts
>>
File: 20180113155821_1.jpg (652 KB, 1920x1080)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>201717558
I am
I also checked if I activated crossregion matchmaking you should do to
password is indeed dsg
I'll try to mark a sign myself to see if it work
>>
File: 1515366257747.jpg (172 KB, 750x927)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>201717383
Slave Knight Gael on NG+7 has 21,368 HP and is very resistant to magic. In terms of direct damage dealing, bringing enough Ashen Flasks to do such a thing would leave you with no Estus Flasks. The most conceivable way of doing enough damage to kill Gael without bringing 12 Ashen Estus as a spellcaster is to poison him to death with the Poison Spores of the Storyteller Staff's WA, which doesn't even need an attunement slot to use.

That is not how one should play a magician.
>>
File: DS_Re_promo.png (1.58 MB, 1000x806)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>
>>201717558
>white sign
who's going to tell him?
>>
>>201717775
I did activate it
>>201717884
Idk what you mean I am currently doing a co op run with a friend and white signs work fine
>>
>>201717980
Your friend hasn't killed the area boss yet, the dude who's currently trying to summon you obviously has. Try a red sign.
>>
File: 1454042532105.gif (549 KB, 360x359)
549 KB
549 KB GIF
>>201718067
Fucking duh
Boy is my face red
>>
>>201717875
never liked that set
>>
>>201718067
Ah fuck I did kill Vordt what a dumbass; I guess he killed him too
>>201717980
I didn't reach the cathedral so I don't have any red sign, hope you have one
>>
>>201708914
lol imagine being this much of a jellyfag lorelet.
>>
>>201717875
So this all but confirms they'll be running the remaster on DaS3's engine, then.
>>
>>201717223
Believe it or not it works. They somehow miss even though it sends a flurry of them at you. You can use a shield for them if you want. But yeah, those orbs are dodgeable.
>>
>>201717875
>armor set from the future
TIME IS CONVOLUTED
>>
>>201718371

I figured that out by myself.

Granted, you said to roll, but you didn't say WHEN to roll.
>>
>>201718415
kek
>>
thanks random anon, you made the life of a farmer way easier
>>
>>201717875
I could do some mental gymnastics and imagine that ALL who link the fire get this set, because they become part of the Firelink as a whole.
Become part of the "horde" so to speak.
>>
>>201717872
>magician
>not using a unique magic staff
your definition of magician is retarded
>>
>>201698570
Great Corvian Scythe is top tier although bleed is still shit overall and you cannot rely on that
>>
>>201715801
Some doggos/aldrich's are fucking retarded and get into this whole "RP" thing without thinking of the consequences of killing an invader.
Then you have the reds who think ANYTHING resembling blue is a cop, so they attack and same thing happens.
Both sides have some mental retardation.
>>
>>201718607
no problem; what are you going to farm, ears?
i'm going to farm the cathedral knigh ugs for a bit, good thing I have some rusted coin
>>
>>201718859
Yup ears
I am an achievement whore and want all miracles
Good luck on that, hope it's less tedious than my farming
Thanks again I do appreciate it
>>
>>201718949
Farming for ears is a nightmare but I had a good setup for killing Silver Knight
I also got lucky by getting summoned as a blue and successfully helping host (even got ears that give you 2 proofs for the price of one)
Put something in the background like a podcast or a youtube videos because you are going to do it for hours
>>
>>201718949
>New char
>Have almost 60 ears
>Never farmed
>Old char
>Pic
I have no idea if luck stat=more summons, but every luck/faith char I have made gets summoned a LOT
>>
>>201718819
>>201716306
He even had base vig - something like 450HP. Deleted in a single parry from the red.
I only left him alone to wait for the connection to settle down as the red was lagging a bit, he wouldn't have lasted more than a second if we both went after him.
I wonder if he was just confused.
>>
>>201717875
Pretty nice edit desu. Almost fooled me.
>>
>>201719183
It's decently easy so I'm not complaining that much
I am a bit too high of a level to be summoned consistently as a blue
I was an idiot and figured that it would've been harder to get summoned as a warrior of sunlight so I farmed those first
>>201719203
Why do you have so many, only need 30 for the highest reward
>>
File: gundyr_cancel.webm (1.74 MB, 960x544)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB WEBM
Them: Dark Souls enemies don't cancel attacks
Gundyr: Hold my estus

Every time I step into this arena Gundyr does something to surprise me. I wish every boss was as intense as this guy.
>>
>>201717875
This is fake but you'll generate some outrage on /v/.

>>201718341
Is the engine = content retardation some new form of baitposting? No way people can be this dumb
>>
>>201719505
Champion Gundyr is the only thing I enjoyed in DS3.
>>
HOLY SHIT WHAT DID THEY SMOKE WHEN THEY MADE THE NAMELESS KING ? THE GUY DON'T STOP HITTING AND YOU CAN'T DODGE EVERYTHING AND WHEN YOU CAN LAND A HIT HE PUNISH YOU WITH ONE HIT WHO TAKE 40% OF YOUR LIFE WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>201719496
I don't know
I just like to RP as a Cop or as an Aldritch
I just get summoned everytime I either pop fingers or try invading as a cop
This is my new char, again more Faith and Luck than the last
>>
>>201698289
>wikihow stealing from Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
>>
>>201719505
Gundyr is one of maybe 2 or 3 good bosses in pre-DLC DaS3.
>>
>>201719708
I'll admit kicking the teeth in of some invaders is a lot of fun
What soul level did you get summoned most on? I'm 64 right now and it's just never
>>
>>201719979
A lot from 20SL, then it dropped until 50-60 SL
+2 for SL 20, then +6 for SL 60
I am also on PS4, so I guess more new people
>>
>>201719737
>Gundyr
>Dancer
>Twins
>Abyss walkers?

Nothing else comes to mind.
>>
>>201719708
>Faith/Luck.
Sounds neat, what's the build?
>>
File: trig.png (360 KB, 785x409)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
FRIENDLY REMINDER

THIS TRIGGERS THE MINMAX AUTISTIC SPERGLORDS
>>
>>201719681
Literally git gud.
>>
>>201720182
I was thinking Gundyr, Twins and (Maybe) Pointy Sillyman.
>>
>>201720197
No it doesn't.
>>
File: Churchgoer.png (321 KB, 957x663)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>201720187
This one is mostly Faith, but at later levels the plan was to raise Luck as the damage stat.
Replace Anri with Lightning Longsword/shortsword/broadsword until you get past 60.
I decided to just stay at 60
>>
File: moon.jpg (152 KB, 1280x800)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
Tell me anons, is this going to be your weaponfu again in Remastered?
>>
File: midir kawaii.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>
>>201720340
>Not going Dex/bleed build in DaS1
Are you fucking new?
>>
>>201720294
>60/60
>Not triggering PvPcucks
U WOT M8?
>>
>>201720197
so far the only sperg here is you anon
>>
File: JeZGd8X.jpg (200 KB, 600x800)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>201720340
No
>>
>>201720293
I love dancer because of how she moves, her music, how she looks, her move-set isn't the best.

Sillyman is ok until the split form, it feels lazy, considering how evil he is it should of been a longer and more dangerous fight.
>>
>>201720340
>All the way behind Seath.
Already done a run of 1 with MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT, so instead I'll be using a Curved Greatsword instead. Never used them in 1.

>>201720507
>Should have been longer/more dangerous.
I feel similarly about the Dancer. She's WAY too easy.
>>
>>201720502
Triggered sweetie? how does it feel being autistic enough to get salty over stats that aren't MUH PVP OPTIMAL BUILDS REEEEEEEEE?
>>
>>201720471
Literally nobody cares what you do with your character.
>>
>>201720182

Artorias Fan Club too, I just wish they weren't that easy.
>>
>>201720505
>tfw no balder set in pristine state
>>
>>201718607
i love this fight, honestly
>>
>>201720779
Not even my character retard, neither the anon you quoted first.

60/60 with a pyromancer is rather pointless because after 40/40 you're only gaining 1 point, the only difference is that pyro spells are boosted to retarded levels that makes the entire game pointless, that's why that build is way over the no fun point.
>>
File: tfw no falchion gf.png (852 KB, 577x735)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>201720470
>Dex/Bleed (basically dex with gold tracer)
>Not adding some faith and pouring blueberry juice on your weapon instead
>>
>>201720340
I think my fondest memory is tanking a GREAT CLUB R2 with fucking Priscilla's Scythe and triggering bleed on opp.
Fuckin fantastic
>>
>>201720912
Literally didn't say it was your character, retard.
Play the game however you want. Nobody, not one single person, cares.
>>
File: 1455457307978.png (105 KB, 256x256)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>201720917
>Wasting levels on faith
>Not keeping your level low enough so you can twink
I can't wait to invade ds3 Babs and show them the power of bleed
>>
File: 2015-09-01_00002.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>201721139
I'll wait
>>
File: 1510781268172.jpg (437 KB, 740x946)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Why the twin's princess blade is so fucking bad?
>>
>>201721139
That's assuming they aren't going to completely nerf that mechanic down to DaS2 tiers of bad. And make poison and toxic DaS3 tiers of bad.

>>201721286
It's not that bad though. You're thinking about Lothric's.
>>
>>201721121
That's now that this general it's been doing since Scholar my dear newfag retard.

Each time someone post a build it gets a massive way of shit from every single pvp fanboy here and we're talking about 2-3 years already.
>>
>>201721286
>D scaling across the board
>poor range and damage
>bastard sword R2s
Gee, I wonder.
It's fine, at least nobody will touch my weaponfu
>>201721335
Lothric's meme beam is magic unlike homosword's and it's faster. Only annoying thing is 14 faith
>>
>>201721335
>http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Twin+Princes'+Greatsword

I'm talking about this one.
>>
>>201721386
You can stop trying to cause a shitstorm now. ''wasn't even my character'' my ass.
>>
>>201721524
Post your build and I'll tell you how shit you are kid.
>>
>>201721450
>homosword's
?????????????

By the way is this anon's GS better? I've heard some good shit about moonlight. >>201720340
>>
File: despair skele.jpg (46 KB, 400x370)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>201721386
>That's now that this general it's been doing since Scholar my dear newfag retard?
what type of broken english is this
what did he mean
>>
>>201721450
Homoprinces' is usable and not even really that bad. The only thing Lothric's has going for it is being one of the longer straight swords, otherwise it's only a few steps above Dancer's in terms of damage output.
>>
File: gwy.webm (2.97 MB, 1122x800)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
Why these motherfuckers deleted these things and they never took the time to animate the fucking mouths?

FOR 3 ENTIRE FUCKING GAMES NOBODY OF THE 10 NPC PER GAME MOVED THEIR MOUTHS WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>201721804
>homosword
Twin princes gs
>Is moonlight better
They work on different builds but yes, I'd say moonlight is better
>>
>>201721975
andre moves his mouth
>>
File: 20180113160125_1.jpg (554 KB, 1920x1080)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
Any other Miracles I should prioritise?
>>
File: King_Vendrick-345.jpg (86 KB, 683x1025)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>finally meet vendrick at the end of the undead crypt
>the music kicks in

is this soulskino?
>>
File: frog (2).jpg (41 KB, 641x530)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>201707013
holy fucking shit that climax
>>
File: Obsidian.png (103 KB, 933x599)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
Is it good?
Is it bad?
Does it look fun?
>>
>>201721975
disgusting cowtits
>>
>The Remastered edition will reportedly include several new NPCs whose dialogue will advance as the plot of the game progress or when the player acquires new items
>"While I feel that the mythos behind the game was sufficiently answered when we introduced Artorias of the Abyss, we are not confident that will remain true for the new wave of players" - said Director Mizayaki. "You see, when we first incepted Dark Souls, we did not foresee that it would become so popular. And with popularity comes challenges. Dark Souls was written with the Playstation players in mind, most of which are adults, and thus we could afford to be subtle and deliver the plot via intricate nuances. Such concepts might be novel to the Nintendo playerbase, which consist exclusively of children, or children-like adults."
>"I have employed several enthusiastic youths, like this fellow Vaati. He will help with the dialogue of these new NPCs".
>When asked about whether a Remastered edition for Dark Souls 2 will ever come out, director Mizayaki balked at the reporter: "Get better taste" before resuming his daily schedule of writing yaoi fanfic
>>
>>201722329
>tfw Vendrick was more empty than Gwyn ever was

And Vendrick was supposed to be a powerful king, but that "Thing" is just an empty husk with raw muscle wandering aimlessly, guarded by an absolutely loyal and honorable knight, which you murdered in cold blood.
>>
>>201722329
Certainly one of the better atmospheric parts of DS2.
>>
File: 20171229230609_1.jpg (417 KB, 2560x1440)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>201722329
>>
>>201722441
>Grass Crest and Obsidian Sword don't match with the fashion at all
>all those WoG casts
I would say just tumble buff Gwyn's sword.
>>
>karla's dialogue when you give her a divine tome
Jesus Christ, who wrote this? My dick cannot take this.
>>
>>201722945
Gwyn's sword has like 40 less AR with those stats
>>
>>201721335
they arent changing any mechanics
only upgrading the looks
>>
>>201723240
What are you, bad?
>>
>>201723478
No, but the weapon is
:^)
>>
File: medium.jpg (10 KB, 500x281)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>201723231
she's so ugly though
>>
>>201722179
>Lightning Spear
Hoo, boy, are you going to regret that decision.

Get Caressing Prayer and Homeward, both of those are very good for you in the long run. The heals are also very useful if you don't want to buy Lifegems all the time.

>>201722694
This sums up my feelings at that scene more than anything.

Your entire quest was to slay powerful monsters and strengthen your soul, just for the chance to meet the King of Drangleic, and you end up finding this hollowed-out dude who barely even knows how to swing a sword. It's even more impactful when you realize that Velstadt and Raime, powerful bosses in their own right, both acknowledged HIM as their ruler. Even in this miserable hollow state he's still more than capable of kicking your ass, and it takes obtaining the souls of giants to weaken him down to the point where you can even scratch him. In retrospect, it makes you wonder just how powerful he truly was when he was in his prime.
>>
>>201723562
She's pretty where it matters.
>>
>>201723562
Shines by comparison, though. In the world of DaS3, exactly who stands out?
>>
File: 20180113155551_1.jpg (640 KB, 1920x1080)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>201723587
6000 souls isn't much of a waste if it turns out to be bad, but I'll get the others and level Attunement up. This guy was surprisingly easy.
>>
File: DS64HFiW4AAgl1g.jpg (89 KB, 640x640)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>201690842
>host rushes judicator Argo
>gets killed
everytime
>>
Why DS3 has such a shoddy storytelling for some characters?
>make Irina a Firekeeper
>Morne just... dies
lol?
>>
File: toc.jpg (79 KB, 1364x768)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
There's something I never quite understood, Alsanna was supposed to be Manus' fears, and she feared the old chaos and warned the king about it.

But what was the old chaos then exactly? The boss arena looks like it's a chunk of Izalith, but what reason would Manus have to fear the Chaos? And if it's supposed to be the Izalith brand of Chaos then why does it posses the knights and king instead of shitting out demons?

Is it yet another convoluted thing?
>>
>>201723587
>Raime
>Stats collected by FromSoft reveal him as the hardest boss in the game, sporting a 93% failure rate.

Velstadt a shit
>>
>>201723921
Sirris
>>
>>201724362
Considering that Lucatiel on a bad day could probably win against her, I'm not inclined to believe that.
>>
>>201723985
Yeah, Dragonrider is a pushover. Some people even leave the outer rings of the arena down so that they can goad him into walking off the side for an easy kill. Even without that, all you need to do is strafe towards his shield arm, and he won't be able to hit you with most of his attacks.

It's a shame since you can tell they actually put some thought into his design. The lower his HP gets, the faster he becomes and the longer his combos chain, and it's a gradual process too. I'm pretty sure that the only other time I've seen this happen with a boss is Gael's first phase.
>>
>>201723921
firekeeper qt3.16
>>
>>201724354
Most of that is probably just shitters who didn't know that the Ashen Idols outside of the boss room would heal him if he got too close to them.

>>201724495
Pretty sure he means looks-wise, not fight-wise. If you look at her face, Sirris actually does look fairly pretty, it's just that she can't handle an Estoc worth shit.
>>
how are the crystal and simple infusions? Are they worth it?
>>
>>201724289
>>201723921
Firekeeper, Shira, Friede,Irina are all prety cute
>>
>>201724916
Crystal is an excellent infusion, not Dark-tier but it's still up there.
>>
File: 1506758027654.png (248 KB, 507x872)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>201724921
Then where does Heysel come in?
>>
File: 20180114023615_1.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>201724028
for what purpose?
>>
How exactly did Aldia turn in to that thing and inhabit the bonfires?

Why did DS3 throw out the most interesting character in two... Such a damn waste
>>
>>201724916
Lothric knight sword scales S at +10, but it's physical goes to shit, crystal longsword is bae though.
>>
>>201725039
fan art of her are awesome but I don't even remember her face
>>
>>201724916
Are you not leveling Intelligence or Attunement much, but occasionally use WAs? Then no for Crystal but yes for Simple.

Are you leveling Intelligence to 30 or 40 but not 60, and leveling Attunement not a lot? Then yes for Crystal and yes for Simple.

Are you leveling Intelligence to 60 and leveling Attunement a lot? Then yes for Crystal and no for Simple.

>>201725183
>Antiquated Plain Cleavage Top
Post your slut's face.
>>
>>201725039
would you fug grub Heysel?
>>
File: 14943200997696.jpg (3.28 MB, 3500x1800)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
>>201725316
It's somewhere in pic related, I want to say in the top row.
She's not bad, all things considered, and she at least wants to help if you become a Finger. Wish Creighton could also do something if you join, maybe get summoned by him at the bridge to kill Sirris.
Now that I think about it, Sirris dies to Creighton if you don't follow her quest; she still goes after him anyway, and there's no way she could win.
>>
>>201725198
DaS2 had a lot of interesting characters that were thrown out for literally no reason. But really, given that he was such a central character to SotFS's plot I'm rather glad that he didn't make a cameo, otherwise it would have been another thing for Miyazaki to shit on.
>>
>>201724921
>Morne wanted to fuck Irina
>couldn't find himself raping her because he was kind of a Saint
>Ashen one comes
>tries to convince him out of it saying shes a dumb cow
>Ashen one saves her anyway
>Irina becomes a Firekeeper
>he can't fuck her at all now
>"why live?"
>dies

wow, that makes sense, right?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (609 KB, 1920x1080)
609 KB
609 KB JPG
>>201725445
It's a halflight cosplay
>>
>>201725626
Cute girl
>>
Anybody on PS4 able to help out?
I just want to go to NG+ in peace and I am too bad to beat Midir
Send help
SL 60
>>
>>201725284
>lks physical goes to shit
hyperbolic
>>
What are the odds miracles get """balanced""" in the remaster
>>
>>201725768
I'll be at the Bonfire by the elevator
>>
>>201726008
50/50, either it gets changed or it doesn't.
>>
File: 5251491540.jpg (73 KB, 540x540)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>201726008
>they add storm, stake and arrow
>>
>>201726078
On my way now
pass is pass
>>
>>201725768
>Midir
>SL 60
There's your problem.
>>
>>201726215
I'll be just a minute, actually. Hold on.
>>
>>201726265
Aight, just let me now when you ready
>>
>>201725626
Did Zullie ever dig out sliders for Halflife, by the way? I've never bothered to check.
>>
So you use Heavy Crossbow for invasions, but why not Arbalest or Avelyn? And which bolts should I use?
>>
>>201726645
Heavy looks nicer :-)
>>
>>201726645
Heavy Crossbow looks nicer.
Also, Avelyn>Arbalest
You can also use Knight's as a low heavy with Lightning arrow
>>
>>201726335
Sorry about the wait, my guy, I'll drop the sign now.
>>
>>201725602
I always thought the skeleton dogs in the small cave on the Road of Sacrifices, were somehow supposed to symbolize Eygon and Irina.
You get the Carim Braille tome and Morne ring down in the cave where one doggo is preggo. He knows what's beyond the Chapel because he warns you about it, and he's a badass capable of killing Corvians, so why'd he turn back and lock Irina in a cell? Is Irina preggers? Is she even human? undead can't get preggo can they?
>>
>>201726178
the last one of those is fine, but why the hell would you need the other 2 when WoG exists?
>>
>>201726836
>Invade a dude
>Beat him and his downscaled phantom
>Invade the same dude
>Get killed by a parry
SUFFERING
Yeah I am ready
>>
>>201725562
Not sure about grub. Human, she seems like she'd be willing for anything, anywhere, at any time.
But she's keeping the Crown on, no matter what.
>>
>>201727118
>wanting to fuck a mushroom
I bet you'd fug Elizbeth too you sicko
>>
File: 427256725.jpg (74 KB, 682x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>201727075
Well, that wasn't supposed to happen.
>>
File: Vqfc3Fv.jpg (204 KB, 600x800)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Yo Anons what if the remaster makes this weapon not shit? Will we ever need another sword?
>>
>>201727396
It's fine
I forgot to equip lightning arrow too
We can play the distance game at first, THEN go all in
>>
>>201726008
People need to stop thinking they are doing anything.

The 'remaster' is simply a port of Dark Souls to current gen consoles, nothing is going to change gameplay wise aside from the new servers allowing 6 players in a world.
>>
>>201726645
Avelyn sees use in invasions as well, it's just more common on the side of gankers or blueberries where their allies can cover them and the multiple shots can put more pressure on an already-harried invader. It still has its uses though, provided that you can spare the Vit for it.

As for Heavy Crossbow, see >>201687971
>>
>>201727432
The non-shit version of it already exists. It's called the abyss greatsword.
>>
>>201727479
I'm sorry, I haven't fought Midir in a long time, and it shows.
>>
>>201727701
No probs
I keep messing up the first part.
If anything I can light him from afar with 240 damage, just keep him doing the same animation
We can do this I think
>>
>>201727681
It still requires a non-negligible amount of investment in Int and Fai. All of them do, and that's why they're dogshit.
>>
>finally got a drop from the Cathedral Knight
I'm running a strenght build, does the Cathedral UGS gain from being infused with Heavy?
>>
>>201727807
Yes. Heavy is the best pure physical infusion for it.
>>
Didn't darkmoon blade do fucking insane damage in DaS1? Why did nobody go past 30 faith? With the darkmoon talisman FAI scales decently all the way up to 50
>>
>>201727803
The abyss version doesn't scale with int/fai. You just hit the requirements and you're good. It's worth it.
>>
>>201727807
>C/E scaling with 28 Str requirement
>"guys should I infuse this thing Heavy???"
>>
File: 1503343829920.jpg (164 KB, 499x514)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>201727795
>the elevator kills me
This is not reflective of who I am as a person.
>>
>>201727681
>18/18 int fai but no scaling
>useless R2s
Eh, having the highest AR isn't really worth if you'll only R1, not to mention the wasted points
>>
What's the DkS3 PC SL Meta
>>
>>201727681
Oh, the one that's an ugly piece of junk? Ok
>>
>>201728150
SL90, max.
>>
>>201728092
The 3 arty swords are also the longest greatswords.
>>
>>201728187
wtf that's so low
>>
>>201727432
they're not going to touch the balance.
>>
>>201728150
Depends

60-80 is for people who have an autistic hatred for casters

120 is popular amongst redditors

beyond that, may god have mercy on your soul
>>
File: 1513446764794.jpg (28 KB, 620x348)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>201725568
>>201725626
Holy fuck DS3 characters look so incredibly ugly, even DSs characters have a less uncanny look to them
What went wrong?
>>
File: 20180109035542_1.jpg (626 KB, 2560x1440)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
REAL talk
who was in the wrong here
>>
File: nito vapor.png (3.13 MB, 1919x1079)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB PNG
made this let me know what ya think

https://youtu.be/WsRaVip8iwE
>>
>>201728641
Lothric NEVER did anything right.
>>
>>201728846
>such a NEET he can't even walk on his own

Who thought sacrificing this piece of shit was a good idea?
>>
>>201728187
I think 99 is absolute max.
It stops short of 120
For arena at least
>>
>>201728805
babbys first sony vegas video
>>
>>201728959
>For arena at least
What are you, a faggot or something?
>>
>>201728009
That FIRE AIR BULLSHIT always gets me
The laser I usually dodge but I messed up this time
>>
>>201728959
>stopping at sl99
Enjoy your uneven matchup against 120s
>captcha: Londo road
>>
>>201729107
Are you trying it solo now?
>>
>Host of Embers Host of Embers
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>201729185
Sorry, have to get a call.
I will try on a few.
Add me if you can if you still want to do it
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>201693842
>>
>>201693842
Silver Knight Straight Sword
>>
>>201729180
What is the level matchmaking for arena?
I tought 99SL would get you just to 119SL?
>>
I've never played a Dark Souls game... so, should I wait for DS:R or just get DS3?
>>
>>201729551
You should buy DaS1, then SotFS and then DaS3, and maybe later buy DaS1R.
>>
>>201729551
DS3 to know what to expect
>>
>>201693842
SKSS
Always in the shadow of Balder. I get some nice rollcatches with the R2s and you can't deny it looks beautiful
>>
>>201729551
just play 1
>>
File: ridealong_ds3_dragon.jpg (59 KB, 620x374)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Hosting FC at Pontiff Sulyvhan on PC

Pass is dsg
>>
>>201728805
>katana
>grass crest shield

I don't think you could be less cool
>>
How the fuck can Bamco even charge money for DS Remastered for existing owners? It's literally just DSFix and dedicated servers. How can they charge $40 for this?
>>
>>201729551
The games go in chron order from easiest to hardest, if you care about that
>>
>>201729937
>PC players get discount if they own it
The only screwed ones is PS4.
Like me
>>
>>201729932
not really the point but thanks lol
>>
>>201729937
you cucks asked for this by buying SotFS
>>
>>201730027
Literally false, there is no discount, and it would be retarded if there was one because the game's been on sale for $5 multiple times in the past.
>>
File: 20180113093409_1.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
Could anybody please spare me any of these on PC? I'm trying to leave Dancer alive on this character for PvP, and I opted for Proper Bow, so I can't get any of these myself. I've already progressed as far as I can.
- Knight's Ring
- Hunter's Ring
- Priestess Ring
- Scholar's Ring
- Prisoner's Chain
- FaP +3
- Silvercat Ring
- Golden Crown (NK)
- Storm Curved Sword
- Dragonslayer Swordspear
>>
>>201730238
no one cares
we have 50 muh build posts per day
>>
>>201729937
Fuck off nigger, just don't buy it then.

>>201730027
The news on the PC discount are wrong.
I'm gonna be buying it so I can play it on my ps4, that's it.
>>
>>201730352
>>201730146
>2 seconds of google
Yeah my mistake, I think I read this the day it got announced but it was a fake
>>
>>201729551
Don't start with 3. Just don't. DS3 is incredibly linear compared to the other souls games, and feels like a watered down DS1 overall (You can't make 3 steps without tumbling upon another DS reference). It also has shitty, just as linear DLCs compared to the other 2 games.
Get Prepare to Die, and if you liked it try out DS2 (SotFS) and DS3 after.
>>
>>201730352
>just don't buy it
it's gonna split the community further
>>
>>201730238
Give me 2 minutes to grab some stuff and I'll meet you at high wall, pass is dsg.
>>
>>201730335
What made you feel the need to post?

/dsg/ has been very helpful in the past, and I still have hope despite the current influx of /v/fags.
>>
>>201730598
>splitting a dead "community"
Literally nobody plays DaS1 for anything but the PvE anymore, the "PvP" got stale and retarded years ago. Nobody likes backstab "techs" and the balance was broken beyond recognition in so many areas.

The only thing the remaster will do is get some people to play it instead of DaS3, and then just go back to DaS3 later anyways because the remaster won't have nearly as much content or fun invasion zones.
>>
>>201730598
>split the community
The original is a ghost town already. They're axing DeS next month and DaS1 multiplayer will be next.
>>
>>201729924
Is the fight club still goin? I just keep gettin summoned by some swedish kid with a demon's scar.
>>
>>201691308
he's not hard in the slighest, anyone who told you otherwise is knave or a noob.
>>
>>201729551
Play them in order.
Demon Souls
Dark souls 1
Dark souls 2
Dark souls 3
>>
Im trying to get Lothric down at SL 56. Who else is a masochist here?
>>
File: 20180113094917_1.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1080)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>201730670
Thank you Anon, I'm standing by.
>>
>>201731015
low SL builds in DS3 are easy if you cheese it with pyromancy and amp rings

chaos bed vestiges destroys bosses with big hitboxes
>>
>>201731015
If you're on PS4, I can.
>>
>>201725597
>DaS2 had a lot of interesting characters
No it didn't.
>>
>>201731129
im a dex user, not cheesing stuff just tryharding.
>>201731132
shit man im a pcfag, thx for the invite though.
>>
Is anybody up for doing Friede?
I'm a bit underleveled for here fight (lvl 41) and I don't think I'll be able to handle her third phase
I'm on pc, password dsg
>>
>>201731168
>>201725597
The only cool characters in DS2 are the guy with the poser MLGS and Alva
>>
>>201731168
Compared to all the dull shit in DaS1 and DaS3, yes.

>>201731315
If you need help I can bring a dude in to smash their faces in.

>>201731325
I might feel like helping you after the above guy.
>>
>>201731350
Bernhard was lame as fuck.
>>
>>201731108
Did I get everything? I think I did
>>
>>201731391
DS1 has the best NPCs in the series, easily
>>
>>201731476
Yep! Thanks very much!
>>
>>201731391
>Compared to all the dull shit in DaS1
Jesus fucking Christ, the state of DS2 fags.
>>
>>201731168
It wasn't DS1 level but still pretty memorable.
DS3 on the other hand was full of DS characters wannabe, which was annoying
>>
>>201731552
No problem, have fun, anon
>>
>use vow of silence
>aldrich is now a little bitch
>his bow doesn't work
>when he hides, he doesn't cast the dark aura around him
>he can't cast the lingering projectiles
>he can't cast the soul spear

GG no re.
>>
>>201731507
>tfw you have to refuse his request if you want him to survive
>he probably feels betrayed if you do so as he was willing to give you a part of his flame and to train him
>if you tell him about Quelana he goes hollow

Itts not fair
Also how the fuck does he have a beard, there was no beard in Das creator
>>
>>201731575
>>201731507
Can't wait to see him explain how interesting Cale and Targray are.
>>
>>201731325
I'm down, give me a minute
>>
>>201731769
it's one of the face coloration options
>>
>>201731507
>muh sunbro
>muh spidertits
>muh pyrobro
>muh onionbro
>muh trap
>muh fluffy tail
The only characters with more than one dimension in that game were Quelana and Patches.
>>
>>201731876
Oh no guys he said muh then a thing you like how will you ever recover.
>>
>>201731769
A bunch of NPCs in DaS1 have custom faces/bodies that aren't available to the player. And I'm pretty sure all of the NPCs in DaS2 had completely custom heads as well.
>>
File: 1515771797135.png (75 KB, 872x724)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>201731876
>insulting based Laurentius
>>
File: CHDd8fWWoAAdKdI.jpg (176 KB, 500x380)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>201729932
>>
File: 20180113180533_1.jpg (1.18 MB, 3840x2160)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
FUG I'M SO SORRY

I'll bring the bleed + poison next time
>>
>>201731015
I did that boss a couple of hours ago with my sl60 +6, took 4 or so tries, you got it.
>>
>>201732183
One-dimensional != bad character. A lot of the characters in DaS1 are endearing, but also very straightforward and simple. You don't see anything beyond the surface for the vast majority of them, to the point where it's only really Reah (and maybe Anastacia) that has any meaningful depth. Gough has good dialogue as well, but you don't really do much with him outside of asking him to shoot down Kalameet.

That also applies to a degree to characters like Frampt and Kaathe, but for the most part the initial introduction of the character is exactly who that character is. They get somewhat more complex in DaS3 (Siegward is a much better character than Siegmeyer), but for the most part the ones in DaS1 aren't wholly remarkable.
>>
>>201731876
some npc's like Solaire and Siegward were a bit to meme'd by the community but they are still interesting character to interact with
In Das 2 exept Aldia and Lucathiel are the only npc's that I remember immediatly
Dark Souls 3 have some nice npc's though

>>201732491
I couldn't keep Friede away from you as Ariandel came to me
But we did pretty well, I hope Blackflame Friede won't be to hard to deal with
>>
Just started playing SotFS for the first time. Does defense matter in this game? I only played BB and DS3 before.
Also should I keep my equipment load below 50 or 70?
>>
>>201732491
You guys want some more help? I can bring in a SL70 if you like.

>>201732707
Vengarl was pretty based, and the Pate-Creighton interaction was interesting to a small degree. People also tend to dismiss Manscorpion Tark a lot for some reason.
>>
File: sirris.png (341 KB, 498x597)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
>>201724741
Sirris is an absolute babe.
Friede's not bad either, if you're willing to ignore her sick burns.
>>
>>201732643
ds2 is literally more guilty of all of this and none of the characters are endearing.
>>
>>201732707
Siegmeyer is an amazing character. The jovial bumbling adventurer that keeps getting into trouble, and you saving him and prolonging the quest is what causes him to hollow out in the first place. Your refusal to let him die a hero's death and repay a debt completely destroys his will.
>>
File: 1497648389633.webm (2.87 MB, 800x450)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
lean mean aquameme heheh
>>
>>201732945
>Sirris is an absolute babe
No she isn't.
I've seen brick walls more attractive and interesting than her.
>>
>>201732906
Tark cost like 35000 souls to talk to.
>>
>>201732815
Defense is meh for the most part, it really depends if you're doing a melee build or a caster build.

And if possible, always stick as close to 50% as possible, going to 69.9% is actually a bad idea because it reduces your movement and stamina regeneration speed, not just roll distance.
>>
>Greirat
>Ludleth
>Yoel
With guest appearances by:
>Andre
>Siegward
>Patches

DS3 has the best NPCs.
>>
Fuck, she killed us both at the same time
>>
File: 20180113181407_1.jpg (1.77 MB, 3840x2160)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>that double KO

reeeeeeeee, she usually does ice moves before doing that
>>
>>201733019
>doesn't like a perfectly feminine face
Wow lad, you're gay. Literally.
>>
>>201733205
>>201733205
Want a third person to help? I can bring an ultra to bully her.
>>
>>201733019
Yeah? You get hot looking at floor tiles, too?
>>
>>201733327
Only when it's tiled.
>>
File: AAAAH IM SLIPPING.png (188 KB, 444x224)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>201733282
I'm afraid that she is going to have a bloated healthpool but lets give it a try
>>
File: 1479146591377.jpg (2.82 MB, 1600x8500)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>201733327
>>
>>201733327
>he doesn't like a set of nice floor tiles
nigga you gay
I bet you're one of those people who let their floors get mucky and dusty too
>>
>>201732643
>guy who gets rich and turns into a jerk
>greedy merchant
>another greedy merchant only he just sells ladders
>smug, mysterious characters
>forlorn characters
>mopey hex themed characters
>literally just smiths
>barbie dress up with about as much personality as a mannequin at kohl's
Oh what wonderful, memorable npcs ds2 had

t. playing through it again right now
>>
>>201733429
On my way, I'll bring some toxic for Ariandel as well.
>>
>>201731015
>not completing ds3 sl1
Pfff
>>
>>201733614
Hold on we are trying one more time with two Ill summon you next
>>
>>201733196
>DS3 has the best NPCs.
>not being DeS with Yurt/Miralda/Freke/Patches/Urbain
Oh you.
>>
File: 1515547481352.png (437 KB, 720x720)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
Doing a STR/INT muscle wizard build. What kind of one-handed weapon should I be using? I have Pyro in my left. I really like using Magic Weapon on my heavy Cathedral Knight Greatsword, but I have to two-hand it right now cuz not enough STR
>>
>>201733886
Longsword is always the answer.
>>
>>201733770
Nobody is buying a Playstation for Demon's Souls, you fag. It looks even worse than DS2.
>>
>Aldrich invasions
>All these Ungandan "___" names
>They all run ganks
>Thrall hood
These fucking kids
>>
Fuck my heart is pounding, thanks for the help anon I almost died near the end>>201733220
>>
>>201734032
So you basically were saying that DaS3 has the best npcs without having played DeS? Good to know.
>>
so, i've been thinking of replaying ds1 and heard of some mods which rebalance the game
what is your opinion on them? is any of them good? which one?
>>
File: 20180113182721_1.jpg (1.18 MB, 3840x2160)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>201734306
No problem anon, my heart is racing a bit too. 3 tries ain't bad I guess.
>>
>>201733265
wew there lad, your fedora almost fell off your head. Take it easy
>>
>>201734045

wait, are you serious?
>>
>>201734682
I'm going through the dreg heap to get some of the items but I doubt LMAO 2 Bat will be easily beaten with summons
>>
ds3 speedrun on agdq get HOYP
>>
>>201732945
disgusting
>>
>>201734815
I'm willing to give it a go anon, bleed bandit's knife should carry us through to victory. You can always summon Lapp if you want someone tanky though.
>>
File: bongzuso.jpg (55 KB, 1200x812)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
what are some of the easiest/best strength scaling weapons to use in pvp? the greatsword is not so great even though I like to use it vs NPCs. cheers
>>
soy
>>
>>201735125
Heavy Millwood Battle Axe
>>
File: 1505240498727.png (79 KB, 299x368)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Anyone on PS4 want to do something? I could join as a partner, or we could do some NG+ in the Catacombs.
>>
>>201714813
it does make it quite a bit easier, but you can always just level up a fair bit before you fight it
shielding worked pretty well for me
>>
>>201731791
>Targray
took me a bit to even remember who the fuck that was.
>>
File: DS bird.png (20 KB, 400x398)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>201734897
when the fuck is this thing starting?
>>
>>201735368
S O O N
>>
>>201735273
no ashes sadly, only ringed city.
>>
Is Lightning the best infusion for a Faith build going up to 60?
>>
>>201735368
In 2 bings
>>
>>201735082
I might try tonight after I get all the gears in the Dreg Heap, I'll make another post
>>
File: 1515811036309.jpg (80 KB, 1000x1000)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>201697660
>>201697727
>>201700256
>hours upon hours later after acomfy rest in my bed I wake up to these madboys (You)s
couldn't be more sublime
>>
DaS1 here, did most/all of the bosses up to the final four and did Bed of Chaos, what should I do with my boss souls? which weapons and shields are the best, which ones have the least annoying soul/weapon/upgrade requirements to get them, which ones upgrade in a nice way?
>>
>>201732945
I kinda hate her headscarf, wish she went around bareheaded
>>
>>201731876
>>201732643
How come when DS2faggots defend the virtues of their game, it just ends up with them shitting on DS1?
>>
>>201735618
Claymore, Estoc, Balder Side Sword are the best. Stamina shield is the best.
>>
>>201735993
Because it's too easy to shit on DaS3.
>>
>>201734897
This girl announcer sounds bland as fuck.
>>
what DaS3 weapons have the most enjoyable moveset?
>>
>>201736397
Longsword.
>>
>>201736397
Longsword.
>>
>>201736397
Longsword.
>>
File: 1462664492913.png (84 KB, 300x325)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>201734897
>any%
>>
>>201736397
Dlc's weapons are often fun to use
>Crow Quills for the flashy moveset
>Gael Greatsword for all the flip
>Ringed Knight spear with all the fire effect
>Ledo Greathammer for the weapons are slam

But in Dark Souls 3 the only thing you need is>>201736550
>>201736615
>>201736653
>>
>classic Heal Aid tumblebuff
I miss being able to boss invade.
>>
Anybody's up for Demon Princes? I'm level 50 and got +2 boss weapons so it might be harder than usual
I'm on Pc with the password dsg
>>
>>201737140
I'm watching the AGDQ speedrun, so I'll have to pass sorry.

>teleporting dogs
>>
>>201737242
Why even respond then?
>>
>>201737362
So he can shill.
>>
File: jblack.png (20 KB, 280x84)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>you will never invade him in the forest again and get owned with a high speed parry
>>
>>201737467
>shill
sage for viral
>>
>>201737480
back at it again in the forest
>>
got meme'd into using moonlight gs in das1 but every fucking boss resists magic
>>
File: 1463491283474.jpg (177 KB, 806x806)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>This girl running ds3 can't stop fucking up
>>
ds3 looks like a shit speedgame, 2nd time this has happened
>>
>>201737140
I'll probably die but I'll give it a try anyway
>>
>>201737880
I think most of the decent runners are doing it with no autistic skips nowadays, so it's not too bad.
>>
>>201737824
she qt tho
>>
>>201738019
skips are what makes watching autistic freaks playing video games tolerable
>>
>>201737893
First phase is easy with one phantom if each player are dealing with one bat.
On second phase I don't do a lot of damage but with a non ai phantom
Which demons must be killed first ? I don't remember
>>
>>201738167
Pain for the laser beams.

I'll bring a bleed weapon
>>
>tfw will never comfort sayvitv after she has a tough day speedrunning
>>
>Vape Lord Wilbur at 25 minutes
Noice.
>>
>>201738248
that wasn't to hard or as heart poundinng inducing as our Friede bossfight, thank you Gernanium
>>
>single phase kill on Crystal Sage
I guess Dex builds are good for something after all.
>>
File: 20180113191906_1.jpg (1.26 MB, 3840x2160)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>201738918
Surprisingly easy 2bqh, usually find demons harder than Friede
>>
>>201737242
are they going to speedrun the dlc to?
>>
New
>>201739202
>>201739202
>>201739202
>>
File: 1515219447393.png (35 KB, 207x179)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>201739120
>those boss textures

Are you playing with all the textures set on low or something? That looks like a PS3 game.
>>
>>201731015
i still haven't managed to kill him, holy fuck. First time i killed him, a phantom with a Carim Hammer cheesed the fight by killing the Prince while i tank him. Orbeck is useless too.
>>
>>201739335
I think Dark Souls 3 looks like that anon, its really muddy sometime even on ultra
>>
File: 20180113192548_1.jpg (1.38 MB, 3840x2160)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>201739335
No, I have it on max.

I don't really see much (or any) difference when I toggle some of this stuff honestly, especially the water/shader ones, maybe I'm blind.
>>
>>201737824
link to her stream? i wanna invade her.
>>
>>201740360
https://gamesdonequick.com/
they are probably offline ingame though
>>
>>201728641
Lothric kniggers for being gwyncucks
>>
Why every time I try to invade as aldrich it always fails? And the 1 out of 20 times I actually invade someone he jumps down to some gay spot where I cannot see him but he suddenly appers behind me out of nowhere and kills me?
>>
>>201731769
There are options for a slight stubble, that's it
>>
>>201732437
No, it's less
>>
>>201735420
ringed knigga gs

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.