[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: POWER CUBE.png (883 KB, 1900x1000)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
Previous thread >>204453047

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>https://multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
http://imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
http://asie.pl/foamfix/
https://github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
https://mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
https://github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
https://serblist.com
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
http://mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
http://elworrier.imgur.com/
http://imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
https://mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz
>>
First for the meme version is 1.7.10
>>
>>204894393
*best version
>>
>>204894717
Just let it die. Everyone has moved on to 1.10.
>>
>>204894896

Also cheers to the anon who mentioned Bird's Foods. Pam's tyranny is over!
>>
>>204894938
1.12 is never going to become the next go to version for the mod scene. It will be passed over in favor of 1.13. Right now everyone is on 1.10.2 and it's likely to stay that way for a couple years. It's got almost every popular mod available for 1.12, mods that have been stuck on 1.10 and are still in the lengthy process of being ported to newer versions, as well as the 1.7 mod scene still trying to port popular mods to 1.10. Even more so now that both Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2 have been ported to it.
>>
What mod pack just has a fuck ton of stuff to do? I'm just looking to play something while I do afk skills on osrs. I was thinking Resonant rise, but i'm also kind of interested in galactic craft
>>
>>204894938
1.13 will probably be the next 1.7.10 considering it's a "big update" release that brings in new mechanics and changes to general shit, meaning that after it Mojang probably won't be doing anything big or worthwhile for quite a while, leaving it in a safe spot as the "go to version", unless they fuck it up majorly that is.
>>
>>204896958
A modpack that actually has a lot to do in, or a modpack that keeps you constantly busy?
>>
>>204897465
A lot to do
>>
>>204895703
The problem is a lot of devs dropped their 1.10 mods way too early which left them missing useful or important updates
1.12 is supposed to get TC and Blood Magic anyway, has Twilight Forest, Techguns, a less buggy Valkyrien Warfare, and bugfixes/content for mods like Astral Sorcery, Biome Bundle, IE/IP, Rustic, Refined Storage that will never get backported.

1.13 is going to have too many changes that limit quick adoption, especially since it took forever for some of these mods to even reach 1.10/12
>>
File: wwadsda.png (427 KB, 1815x982)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
Which one for walls?
>>
Can anybody get augmented triad on the atlauncher to work for them?
>>
>>204899219
>Thaumcraft
All depends on how quickly 1.13 comes out. Gut feeling says modders will flock to it at a crazy rate, but it mostly hinges on when Mojang releases it and when Forge adapts to it.

>Blood Magic
There's a spite-port out which was released to get the complainers to shut up. Hopefully the real port won't take long.
>>
>>204899932
i'd say 2nd or 3rd one, the 1st one looks too much like bricks, and the wood chunks are usually pretty long
>>
File: thicc.png (2.28 MB, 1920x1080)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>
File: somuchore.png (1.94 MB, 1920x1080)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
Underneath the Bauxite layer...
>>
>>204882328
>Im in USA, she's in the middle eastish region
Your imaginary girlfriend probably likes to build in the gangsta slum.
>>
>tfw can't decide if I should remove TCon

On one hand, I want to use vanilla enchanting again, along with tools from other mods. On the other hand I feel like I'm going to miss all the neat shit it adds.
>>
Do any of the servers have a pocket dimension where you can claim a flat chunk and build your shit there? All these years of playing minecraft and I've only seen this on a single server and then I lost it
>>
Speaking of enchantments, any 1.12 mod that would actually make expierence useful?
>>
>>204905896
That's one of the worst things modern servers do in my opinion, why would you want it?
>>
>>204894003
link to official general
>>
>>204905976
Because I'd rather not shit where I eat and have one place to get comfy and build my base and another to explore and fuck around.
>>
>>204906092
That makes no sense. How does building a base in a few chunks of the world you explore hurt it in any way?
Plus there's nothing comfier than seeing your base returning from hours of exploring.
>>
>>204906283
>make a good looking base somewhere in the world
>someone comes along and builds a giant square right next to it or worse, they just grief the surrounding area because why not
Ohhh yeah, so comfy, there truly is no better feeling than looking out the window and seeing a tnt ridden shithole with lava, water and obsidian dongers as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>204906557
I always build my base ~2km from spawn and this has never happened to me.
>>
>>204906557
Find a server that isn't filled with dumb kids then.
All the servers I've stayed on either had protection plugins, or only had people who liked to build good shit.
>>
>>204906889
So do I and it happens occasionally.
>>
GANGSTA SLUM
>>
give me a modpack with ton of shit to do and that lets me create dimensions
>>
File: N00112_10.jpg (234 KB, 1177x1536)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
bump
>>
>>204910863
FTB Infinity
>>
>>204910863
literally any 150+ mod pack with RFTools and/or Mystcraft
>>
Has anyone played the Chocobo mod on 1.12? I like Chocobos and I want to throw that into my mod pack but I have a feeling it probably doesn't mesh well with anything else
>>
>>204906557
>someone comes along
There's your mistake. Play singleplayer.
>>
>>204916056
But reading what players say to each other adds to the comfy factor.
>>
>>204916653
>feed mcg serb chatlogs to a deep learning AI
>experience the same utter garbage, but now it makes even less sense
>>
>>204916653
yeah, in 2013 it did. The comfiness is dead anon, the world has changed.
>>
>>204916653
Don't you say anything?
>>
>>204914581
As long as it's the same models and textures as the older version, it should be fine. They're like horses but less shit.
>>
>>204917125
I like ice cream. What's your favourite? Mine's vanilla ice.
>>
is there any mirror for chroma hills? the guys said that his resource packs was swapped with an .exe file (how does that even happen when you upload it yourself?) and it hasn't been re-upped for 2 days... (is it so hard to upload a mirror to zippyshare?)
>>
Haven't played memecraft in years, gonna fire up a solo world in the latest version l, no mods
What should I make?
>>
>>204923014
A highly detailed replica of your penis
>>
Has anyone tried training a neural net to generate aesthetic buildings? I feel like it's feasible, you could do three passes:
1. basic shape
2. shape detailing (this area is a window, this area is an accent, etc)
3. block pallet selection

I'd attempt this myself but I don't where I'd get the training data from.
>>
how do you disable ores in a mod that doesn't have a config option for it
>>
>>204923472
He should use Chisel and Bits for it then.
>>
>>204894896
>everyone
>calling yourself everyone
here's a (you), don't spend it all in one thread
>>
File: 1498221008611.jpg (68 KB, 988x1024)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>204893729
Any of you guys know how to pull of generating a world (with various mods) that is similar to the real world?
i've been poking around, there's a couple of mods, one of which is too big (Chunk mapper) One I'm too much of a brainlet to figure out how it works (Terrarium) and then there's pre-genned things like that one for the /int/-craft server I found, but I kinda need the mods.
A note is that I wanna run this on a server.

Does anyone know how to pull this shit off?
>>
>>204924859
By disabling the mod itself
>>
>>204927841
but the rest of the mod is good. It's just the one redundant ore
>>
>>204923658
Either build thousands of different buildings yourself or download a handful of hand built custom city-themed maps and cut out just the building parts to run through as training data.
>>
File: 1353559368797.jpg (277 KB, 946x718)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
Alright, I'm building the Autistic Museum of Autism, a fuckhuge place that will have an individual display for literally every single thing in the game. It'll have wings for placeable blocks, all the nonplaceable stuff that can go in item frames, and a zoo for all creatures good bad and neutral.

My dilemma: how the crap do I actually sort things? It's modular and each wing is infinitely expandable, so new additions can always be added, but I can't figure a way to organize everything. Alphabetical wouldn't work since I'm holy shit not going to shift 700+ items one spot over to make room for a single new thing. Same with doing it straight up by categories like all the stairs, all the concretes etc since same problem when they add more of a type. I'm thinking doing it by version, so like all the crap from 1.12, then can easily add the new stuff from 1.13 onwards in new wing expansions, but then it's still an issue of how to sort within those sections, since existing stuff is getting renamed with the object ID removal and would fuck up alphabetical, and sorting by object ID there would also then not be consistent moving forward since 1.13+ would need a different sorting system.

Any ideas for autisming this place efficiently? Anyone already done something similar and know of any sites that already have an easy breakdown list of exactly what items and creatures were added by each update so I don't have to scour every version page on the wiki individually? Anyone have other general tips other than "jesus dude fucking why"?
>>
>>204928095
What mod, what version
>>
>>204928346
mapletree, v1.1.33k
>>
>>204928998
forgot to add, the marble ore is what i want to disable. I already have proper marble generating in the world, I don't need this ugly glowy one messing up my scenery.
>>
>>204929112
But there is a line about oregen there.
>B:GenerateOre=true
I guess you'll disable the maple diamond thing as well but just use MineTweaker for that.
>>
>>204929112
I suggest you disable all of MapleTree's oregen, then use cofh or something like that to generate the gems.
>>
>>204928232
You're thinking too hard about it. Just organize everything conceptually but keep things loose, ie Biomes, Blocks, Tools, Utility Items, Organics, etc.

Maybe you should go to an IRL museum or two and get a feel for how curators organize things. Different kinds of museums are organized differently.

I live near a city with an internationally recognized art museum. They have a load of ancient Greek and Roman statues, Egyptian pottery, Renaissance silverware and 16th-century landscapes. They have things organized more of less chronologically because they're trying to show people how culture has progressed throughout the ages. That same city also has a very popular kids museum that focuses on natural sciences. They have separate areas for the water cycle and simple machines, but they also have graphics and information that ties the two together like a giant working Archimedes screw. They do that because they want kids to link the two disparate concepts so they can have a clearer view of the big picture.

The two different styles can both be used in the same space, but I really can't stress enough how you shouldn't kill yourself just THINKING about how to arrange things.
>>
>>204923658
I'm down to seeing where this leads and down to helping as well.
>>
File: 1518315634667.jpg (1.55 MB, 2500x1667)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>
>>204893729
Are we still alive? This seems deader than usual.
>>
>>204930856
Thanks for the insight. My usual problem with stuff like this is that if it's junk that completely up to me, I'll decide one thing, then nitpick it a billion times afterwards and have to redo it a bunch (like especially stuff like this with a million edge cases where stuff can fit into a bunch of different categories; I'll flip flop on where I think it should be all the time). If I can at least give myself some kind of simple framework to adhere to, it'll cut down on that.

I definitely like that 'how culture has progressed throughout the ages' style; I can make that fit with a breakdown by version, which will give me an objective framework to work within, and make it so even if I do nitpick stuff, it'll only affect rearranging junk within the area for each version rather than a full redo of everything, and that would let me organize within the versions by whatever fits thematically or intuitively by whatever was the main stuff added by an update.

Thanks.
>>
File: dutch.jpg (698 KB, 1200x1877)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
Show your latest build /mcg/
The dutch were a mistake
>>
And today on lebbit: people get oversensitive when a mod is criticized once again.
>>
>>204937532
Let me guess, Thaumcraft.
>>
File: 2017-10-31_17.46.19.png (1.51 MB, 1366x716)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>204937163
It's been months since the last time I built something worthwhile.
>>
File: yes yes.gif (1021 KB, 288x162)
1021 KB
1021 KB GIF
>Forestry updates, still not out of beta for 1.12.2
>read patch notes
>merge (#1) * Reintroduce the old-style farm

WHAT
>>
File: 2018-02-11_12.10.41.png (1.28 MB, 1920x1018)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>204937163
I don't have much in the way of anything "built" because I'm too busy messing around in creative to figure out what all the machines do.
>>
Any actually active serbs these days, please dont make me play some normie pack
>>
"Tells you nothing" and "wants you to experiment just a bit" are very different.

You are very clearly given information about exactly how to interact with the lightwell, what objects can be placed on it, and what outputs you get from the block. I'd say that explains the lightwell quite well.

But no, of course, in this community that's not good enough! If your mod can't be minmaxed, if it requires experimentation or figuring out on a level beyond "plug RF into this box", if it dares to try and make you figure out something beyond numerical quantifiable power, then it's confusing and poorly documented, right? Go yell at the dev! I can give you Hellfire's discord information if you like. Or maybe you should just go back to playing TE instead.
>>
>>204905823
pls respond
>>
File: 2018-02-11_13.17.38.png (2.29 MB, 1920x1018)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>204937163
I found a mesa like right next to the spawn of this world and figured it would be a great location to build a fortress surrounding the middle (which I filled with water)
>>
File: 2018-02-11_13.18.01.png (2.03 MB, 1920x1018)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>204940521
And from the other side
>>
>>204940521
>>204940748
That is fucking gorgeous, damn I wish I was creative.
>>
>>204939917
I don't play with TCon because I think silktouch and fortune should be harder to enchant than adding materials to a weapon.
>>
>>204905823
Unless a pack specifically balanced around TCon it's overpowered and you should remove it.
>>
>>204937662
Ass Sorcery
>>
>>204939879
>>204942850

Oh, so it's Astral Sorcery that's getting the complaints. That's fair. His "in game information" is shit and ambiguous. I had to go look at his (not commented) code in order to figure out what was supposed to happen on more than one occasion. (Who knew you can't duplicate attuned rock crystals? Who knows what one of the Armara perks does because its tooltip stretches off the screen due to his use of a large font?)

I still have no clue what the hell a tree beacon does.
>>
>>204939879
>Elucunt being butthurt again
Lots of Laughs
>>
Is there enough content in advanced rocketry to build a pack around living in a spaceship and going around exploring different planets?
don't want to jump right into it and be incredibly disappointed desu
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.86 MB, 1411x821)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>204893729

Castlefag reporting. It's been a long time.
I've written more definitions and added a wizard-ish flavor to the text. Follow the steps of Gellert the warlock and you will get far.
>>
File: Boss_Turpitudinem.png (324 KB, 1883x991)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>204943565
Oh fuck.
>Deceitfully treacherous
Gonna need to do more proofreading.
>>
>>204943494
AR is basically a less crazy version of Mystcraft/RFTools random dimensions, with a few set ones. I don't think there's much reason to explore different planets by default unless you heavily configure them to be useful, unless you luck out on their rolls.
This might help you: http://arwiki.dmodoomsirius.me/AdvancedRocketry/config/AdvancedPlanetConfiguration.php
>>
>>204943565
Did you make the map drawing? That's really cute.
>>
>>204945421
inkarnatemaps.com.
/tg/ hates him.
This simple online program is making super cool maps and basically you're a fucking DungeonMaster.
>>
Gentlemen, what trees could vanilla realistically add? I vote palm trees.
>>
Is there an item that's like a vanilla carpet but transparent? That way I could use blocks like chests as flooring while keeping the floor level.
>>
>>204946548
Palm, Cherry, Cypress, Mahogany, Teak, Pine
>>
>>204946595
changing chests from solid blocks was a mistake
>>
Anyone here use shader packs?
>>
>>204942919
>>204939879
Astral Sorcery has some cool functionality and some interesting progression but it suffers a lot from "What the fuck is this multiblock structure even"

To explain, in my opinion multiblocks can fall into a few categories
- Blocks that work independently arranged into a functional setup, may include buffer or padding blocks, may be modular
Reborn Storage's crafting multiblock, Applied Energistics multiblocks, some industrialcraft setups and a few other mod's things can fit into this category

- Form to emulate function (arranging various blocks into the shape of a machine or construct), possibly changing into a large multiblock model once fully built
Immersive Engineering does this a lot, the Thaumcraft multiblocks are basically this as well

- Random nonsensical garbage built out of otherwise useless blocks
Things like woot, environmental tech, and of course astral sorcery fit into this category

Whether you prefer type 1 or type 2 multiblocks is up to the person and your sense of aesthetics, type 2 usually looks nicer but type 1 usually makes more sense and is more functional, some multiblocks are a bit of a mix of type 1 and type 2.
On the other hand, type 3 multiblocks are effectively minecraft cancer and should ideally be eliminated.
Astral Sorcery requires you to deface your world with fuck-ugly, unwieldy flat white squares that have to be perfectly replicated for absolutely no reason. They don't look good, they don't emulate some kind of functional construct, the mod author just built some stupid bigass marble shit and said "You gotta build this shit like I did here if you wanna use my mod". Pretty much all of his multiblocks are 90% superfluous bullshit that shouldn't be necessary.
>>
>>204951413
so its basically blood magic?
>>
>>204951791
Blood magic you can hide underground and you don't have to build it all over the place.
>>
>>204951791
Blood Magic is very similar with it's multiblocks, yes. Some parts of it technically aim to be functionally important, but overall the structure is still really arbitrary.
I'd classify it as type 3, but on a spectrum I'd say while being type 3, it's closer to type 2 than Astral Sorcery at the very least.
>>
Does Growthcraft have machines to automate farms?
>>
File: Guide2.png (2.24 MB, 1756x836)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>204943872
>>204943565
Castlefag here:
Done with 40% of the guide. It has 100 pages so far, but because each page has a picture and I used a really large font.
I'll quit for today. Posting two people who may make your life easier or harder depending on your luck and decisions.
>>
>>204955019
>Some parts of it technically aim to be functionally important
the blood altar, yes
the rituals are the most completely random pieces of shit multiblocks to have ever existed
they even had to make a bunch of items to help you make the rituals since theyre so stupid and easy to fuck up when making
>>
Trainserb 3.0 when
>>
Is there a way to fix the 1.11.2 Malisis glitch where all the fence gates are oak-textured?
>>
Any good server recommendations? Getting back into MC since it's always a good stress reliever for me but don't enjoy singleplayer other than goofing with mods. Whenever I try to look up a public server, its often just super autistic money farm servers filled with children and mini game shit.
>>
>>204959313
good serbs are deder than this general
>>
>>204959926
I've noticed, many of the servers I most enjoyed were a close knit community that kills itself due to moderation and admin favoritism. I hung around /tg/craft for a bit before its eventual death.
>>
>>204927464
Welp, I figured out that while I found at least one good map that for some I-don't-know-reason Adds in the custom plants, but does not do it for ores ,I think I'm boned. I also determined that BOTH mods generate the world at a goddamn near 1:1 value so the eventual mapsize for the whole thing is like 1 TB, and fuck that noise.

Self-Bump for anyone who knows about this shit? Please help a dude out?
>>
>>204957860
never
>>
>>204939841
There's always vorecraft.
>>
>>204960328
>/tg/craft
canavar 4 life
>>
>>204963352
Yeah, Canavar was pretty much the only group of people keeping the server alive. Once yall left the server died.
>>
>>204963654
because armok came and spawncamped our city with glitches blink spells (clipping through walls) as soon as open pvp was enabled worldwide (for some reason), and they had the vampire + artifacts plugins doubledipping each other for 200+ damage swings on what were essentially trash mob loot
We actually had a few dozen 'delete everything within 16 chunks radius' admin-nuke effect magic items from an RP event but the leader had them locked up and didn't want to use them to wipe out all the dwarf cities for some reason, even after this
>>
Is there any point in Magneticraft's medium/high voltage? According to the wikis, all its machines only use low voltage.
>>
>>204964192
So you're saying your 'leader' was a faggot
>>
>>204964280
Probably to transfer a lot of power between substations.
>>
>>204964303
They had a terrible affliction of being a deviantart female irl.
>>
>>204964192
Yeah the whole thing was unfortunate and dumb. Those dinguses all left immediately after Canvar dissipated. Don't really understand how they obtained so much stuff so quickly, unless of course, admin abuse.
>>
>>204964475
Guess I can get away with using the RF converter for everything then.
>>
>>204964535
Why in the fuck didn't you oust her immediately, what was wrong with your group.
>>
What's better, livingwood wand or blood wand?
>>
>>204966021
make a tainted wand, it's from the same addon as those two and it's great for personal use and for mechanisms
>>
>tfw like to build big
>but playing on toaster so buildings are all too big for the draw distance
>>
File: 2018-02-11_21.54.21.png (108 KB, 1024x576)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>gimme a hug bro
>>
>>204968929
>try to play the new thaumcraft version
>crash when making a foci
...I guess ill wait for 1.12
>>
>>204968929
would you make me a sandwich
>>
>>204966021
>>204968592
I don't think I've ever used a Tainted wand, but I do use Livingwood wands a lot in mid-late game. The recharge rate seems kinda slow, but as long as you have a good supply of mana and a mana mirror, you basically have free vis.
>>
>>204969296
He's aware of the bug and fixing it. It worked before but he broke the shit when he updated foci mechanics
>>
File: smug albino dodoria.jpg (46 KB, 680x381)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>204969296
>waiting for memery
>when you could just rollback to tried and true 1.7.10
There's just no reaching some people I guess.
>>
>>204969409

tainted holds a lot and regens to 10% just by being in a tainted biome, and it regenerates constantly when you're hit with the taint DoT tick
>>
>>204966021
Depends on what mod you do more. I like botania more than blood magic so I use livingwood, but if you prefer blood magic do blood wand. You also can't make a staff out of livingwood, so if you want a staff, you have to work to dreamwood or do another material for a staff.
>>
It's a good thing that some people are seeing the frustrating aspects of Astral Sorcery. It's too bad that AS has some perks like being completely netherless (meaning no Nether materials are required for progression), but the time-gating and the implied rush to the Celestial Altar really ruins the fun.

And for what, ONE constellation perk, a way to transmute blocks, and a glorified Helper Tools wand? For the tons of time you spend, this mod is absolutely underpowered.

Sucks though, I wanted the eclipse event. Seeing things go dark because a solar eclipse happened was cool.
>>
File: 9gHagHD.jpg (33 KB, 370x699)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Does anyone have any suggestions for really eye-candy / extreme premade survival maps? All the nice ones I used to use a long while ago like eldaria are since super outdated, but I cant find anything quite like that again.
>>
>>204970129
So to do Astral Sorcery you have to have one of those marble shrines near you right? I have one on top of the mountain I built near but I've not delved into the mod yet. When are you able to move the setup to your base?
>>
>>204969750
>tainted holds a lot and regens to 10%
Livingwood regens to 100% soooooo...
>>
>>204970492
Not necessarily. Early-game AS consists of trial-and-error, looking for the a place with high enough starlight by putting the Luminous Crafting Table and checking starlight values, breaking it if it's too low, rinse and repeat. Hell, I also built a base within an Extreme Hills biome and I still had insufficient starlight to create certain items from the Starlight Crafting Altar.

Mid-game would require looking for "areas of concentrated starlight"—the areas with blue cloudy effects as seen using the Skywave Resonator—and possibly moving your entire altar setup there. It is only at that time when you can truly start with Astral Sorcery.

Now that poses an issue with the game. You have to build massive structures, but you also have to move it like an antenna as if looking for the best reception because of the wonky mechanics of starlight collection. And the actual mod content only happens if you have a Celestial Altar ready. And that's how the frustration builds up. Imagine if Blood Magic has a similar kind of progression; I bet you nobody would play that mod if you're forced to move around the Blood Altar to look for a more efficient spot.
>>
>>204969595
I've played 1.7.10 to death anon< I think 1.12 is a meme too but thats where all the new and updated mods are at now and at least a few of them are cool enough to get me to play it, when traincraft and thaumcraft get ported to 1.12 if ever the only mod ill miss is witchery
>>
>>204971858
Thanks to Rustic adding more block states than Thaumcraft and Astral Sorcery combined and the frustrating aspects of Astral Sorcery itself, I might be sticking to 1.7.10.

Also, on retrospect, a lot of the 1.7.10 mods are worse in 1.12. ExUtils is now a tech mod, JEI doesn't have light level overlays, and some mods simply don't exist there.
>>
>>204971858
>I've played 1.7.10 to death anon
You mean to say you played YOUR modpack to death. Don't blame your lack of creativity on the version you're playing. If your Minecraft experience needs ocean monuments and left-hand torch placing to be fun, just find a different game.
>>
>>204969409
>>204970049
>>204968592
Your answers were shit so thanks for nothing. For anyone wondering the actual correct answer as I found through google was livingwood wand as it regens every 40 ticks instead of every 100.
>>
>>204970940

tainted regens rapidly to 100% from the dot and holds way more
>>
File: 1460938872589.jpg (102 KB, 916x690)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>204973303
>waaaah i begged for spoonfeeding and you didn't do the airplane noises
Kid, I'm doin my taxes. I don't have time to boot up my game and fact-check for every little faggot who asks a question.
>>
>>204973303
You haven't done Thaumcraft before, have you? Livingwood is literally unusable due to its mid-range capacity. So you won't be able to use it for endgame stuff as your in-hand wand without cheats, and its regeneration mechanic makes it unusable in a pedestal.
>>
>>204970129
illumination powder requires glowstone
>>
>>204973687
Which can be obtained from Witches. And well, it's less important than the others.
>>
>>204971579
You're supposed to use collector crystals. If you build relatively high and use good collector crystals you shouldn't have much trouble and you don't need to move your whole crafting setup, like, ever.

That said, the process of getting GOOD collector crystals is pretty annoying and it sucks when you have them attuned and then the constellation isn't in the sky for a week.
>>
>>204974206
The nearest collector crystal is a 200 blocks away from my designated base and the nearest area of concentrated starlight is just across the river from my base. And well, creating collector crystals needs a Celestial Altar.
>>
>>204973678
it literally has as much capacity as every other wand except ichorium
>>
>>204974881
Anon you create your own collector crystals and you can typically get to that point without having to move your crafting setup.

You're not supposed to build any of the multiblocks on the ground, you're supposed to build them 60 blocks above where your house is. Or maybe you are supposed to build them on the ground but that never works so why do it. The point is that by just building the thing in the air and literally not worrying about finding the super good starspot chunks, you can progress just fine.
>>
>>204975058
It has less than others in the same addon, and you'll need more for things in FM.
>>
>>204972514
>the absolute butt devastation of deadversfags
>>
>>204975362
>You're not supposed to build any of the multiblocks on the ground, you're supposed to build them 60 blocks above where your house is. Or maybe you are supposed to build them on the ground but that never works so why do it. The point is that by just building the thing in the air and literally not worrying about finding the super good starspot chunks, you can progress just fine.

That is absolutely immersion-breaking, considering that the mod doesn't give you a way to make that possible (early-game flight) without pillaring up. The only alternative to this is making a fuckhuge tower, but I'm still out of materials to make it without turning it into a monolith of cobblestone.
>>
>>204975632
>deadversfags
Yeesh, thats not really catchy. You can do better. Take a breather and we'll brainstorm better shitposts later.
>>
>>204975373
that is completely untrue as a matter of fact
>>
>>204975752
The multiblocks by their very nature are immersion breaking to the point of ridiculousness, dude. They're all meaningless, superfluous, arbitrary, garbage assortments of blocks that don't even make sense aesthetically. Neither alongside eachother nor amongst the rest of the game.

You get more light by building the thing up higher so that's kinda what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>204976313
Sounds like the mod just sucks then desu
>>
>>204975930
Sorry I hurt your feelings I guess?
>>
>>204976803
Yeah basically
>>
>>204971858
if you've played the game to death, no amount of jumping versions is going to change the matter, it's just time for (you) to find a different game.
>>
All you need to do in AS is get to the second page, craft a Fosic Resonator, find a starfield, and build on it at any level. With that you'll be able to advance through all tiers without any further relocation or high altitude building. You'll need 4 relays right next to the altar until you get your own Collector Crystal, but that's it. The Resonator is pretty easy to craft, and I think you can use the natural crystals to provide starlight to a table if you open the roof up.
>>
>>204973303
unless fmagic is your only thaum addon then you're wasting your time with any fmagic wand
>>
>>204976313
Some do multiblocks worse than others (Blood Magic, Environmental Tech). The structures for AS doesn't look that bad actually. It's just that their bulk doesn't represent their utility in some cases.

Pic definitely related.
>>
File: 2017-11-02_00.37.45.png (464 KB, 925x530)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>204946548
Palm trees and big trees like Eucalyptus, redwoods and fir. I fucking love any mod that adds trees that aren't just recolored oak/birch.
>>
>>204977289
They look afwul and there's no rhyme or reason to their design. They typically have 0 actual functionality beyond the single important block, yet they require you to exactly build the structure that the mod author arbitrarily decided was magic-y enough. Without function all you have is form, and the most aesthetic it gets is "Haha the corners have 3 marble pillars with a chiseled marble block on top haha guys isn't that cool". It's like the spell crafting altar from ars magica 2 but even more retarded.
>>
>>204977979
>Arse Magica 2
Good lord, thanks for reminding of this shit. Decent magic spell mod ruined by horrendous aesthetics.
>>
>>204977289
I like how Direwolf was all smug about moving his AS platform up and down with frames but then he found out that he shouldn't do that so he just gave up on the idea.
>>
>>204978291
The first ars magica was a decent mod but with AM2 the mod author was a huge autist obsessed with using his high poly block models and league of legends spell icons for every fucking item in the game, and the progression system essence power system and multiblock crafting altar all felt really uninspired. Like "other mods do stuff like this so I'll do it too but worse" kinda uninspired.
>>
Holy shit /mcg/ is brainlets. AS isn't a great of powerful mod but its fucking simple to figure shit out and also simple to set it up without it ruining your crap. it gives you fucking teleporters and you don't need to move your shit around just use more collector crystals. you can brute force the whole mod.

Personally I don't think i'd use it again but it was fun to do once, and it fit in pretty well with my low power pack. It sounds a lot like people use magic mods to become absolutely broken fucks with ultimate power or something, don't know why y'all feel the need to trip on power in fucking minecraft. Just like turn on creative or something.
>>
>>204979346
And then you wait until night.
>>
>>204979346
>no Starlight Prism Towers in AS
It's shit.
>>
>>204979346
Yeah, I don't get a lot of the criticism. One thing I do dislike is the whole starlight network/relay thing, which I thought was going to be akin to centivis but ends up not being useful at all. If it did work that way it'd diminish a lot of complaints about starlight levels.
The attunement multiblock is pretty neat, specifically because you actually use the space for constellations.

Anyone had any luck with Wizardry for 1.12? I ended up removing it because of a bunch of bugs, but it seems like it might be alright if they pick up the pace and fix its horrible documentation and mana restrictions
>>
File: Capture.jpg (110 KB, 941x634)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>
>>204982590
I've always expected lens to not require a source and was planning of just moving the starlight from the area of concentrated starlight into my base. It didn't work.
>>
File: friendly_old_player.png (143 KB, 398x384)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>204982652
>it works
>>
File: 1478930019903.png (168 KB, 417x578)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>204982652
>we completely fucked worldgen, but don't worry, we'll get it running right eventually!
>>
>>204979346
its not even that its underpowered its just boring slow shit and i have adhd
>>
>>204982652
topkek
not only this >>204983060
but I'm willing to bet some retarded uneccessary new feature will drag their focus away from this in a little while and "want to achieve "it works" before "it's fast"" will just get left as "it works" (probably barely) until the end of time
>>
I'm just waiting for them to announce a gameplay feature not available for the Java version. Then the autistic civil war will begin.
>>
File: 1491696610840.png (414 KB, 444x560)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>204982652
>>
>>204983946
If it weren't for mods their game would be almost entirely fucking dead
>>
>>204985423
No it wouldn't idiots
>>
>>204983946
There's the fucking meme shader pack thing for win10. People are going to flip their shit over that, drama sources just off the top of my head:
>the obvious one from the microsoft version having features the original doesn't
>debate on if microsoft is going to kill the java version
>debate on if everyone should move to windows 10
>debate on if the microsoft acquisition was bad
>debate on why it's not on java
>which splinters into debate on if java is a bad programming language or if Mojang are just incompetent
>(no one will realize it's both)
>someone is going to confuse Java and JavaScript
>someone is going to confuse C# and C++
>someone will bring up notch, which will spawn arguments about his stupid twitter shitposting
leddit is going to literally implode
>>
Hey so I run a 1.12 server and i was wondering if theres a way to have custom music for my players. I'd love to be able to randomly play music at certain players or whenever something is about to happen. Are there any plugins for this or do I need to get people to DL a resourcepack? im shying away from reaourcepacks because i want everyone to be able to just jump straight into playing.
>>
>>204985762
this is a terrible idea
>>
>>204985994
It'd be more for the occasional meme than anything. its not a serious server, its just a place me and like 20 people play towny and mcmmo.
>>
>>
>>204988020
Neat.
>>
What mod or modpack was the POWER CUBE originally designed for?
>>
Do I need some kinda research or something to open the Eldritch portal? I already read the crimson rites book and got the 4 eyes. But when I click the node it tries to suck it.
>>
>>204988653
A custom one, most likely. All it is is Immersive Engineering thermoelectric generators, ice and any solid block that gives off heat.
>>
>>204988839
You place the eyes on the capstone below the node.
If it doesn't work I think you need a bunch of vis or something I dunno
>>
>>204988884
Looks like cyanite or blutonium or something like that
>>
First time dropping by this general, I've been playing on an r9k server non stop mining and I have a shitton of redstone, what should I do with it? Never fucked around with it
>>
>>204989026
Yeah I placed em and my wand is 150 of everything, I think I need some kind of research or revelation or some shit
>>
>>204988839
Gotta have 100 of all vis in wand (or equivalent with discounts)
Then tap the place you put the eyes
Also need to have the uh, "opening the eye" research in the eldritch tab, I think
>>
>>204989357
You crafted the eyes right? With infusion? You should be able to perform the ritual with them then, read the book entry
>>
>>204989357
>>204989491
Yeah read the book entry, I think you missed a specific detail on where to click with your wand.
>>
>>204989451
Yeah that seems to be research I'm missing, any idea how to unlock it?

>>204989491
>>204989639
No such book entry, modpack I'm playing disables that infusion so I got it by grinding eldritch guardians
>>
>>204989750
Try using your wand on the capstone not the node.
If that doesn't work, scan all the things with your thaumometer and fill out all the research you can.
If you're stuck without new research options, you need more warp to have the eldritch revelation, so eat more zombie brains.
>>
File: tc eyes.png (186 KB, 801x520)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>204989750
Should be right here

>modpack I'm playing disables that infusion
Which pack?
>>
File: 2018-02-12_01.29.14.png (269 KB, 1024x576)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
Now this is how you make a good mod. If the player disables an item in your config, just pretend to not register that item and keep a placeholder that crashes the game when crafted in its place.
>>
>>204991021
>memeversion
>>
>>204990227
Divine Journey, I don't have that research so I'm probably missing warp like >>204989908 says so time to munch on some brains
>>
>>204991135
>can't even recognize NEI's GUI, showing that it's 1.7.10
And the offending mod is Router Reborn, by the way. Holy shit I just wanted to use Factorization's routers again why must this piece of shit be SO FUCKING BAD
>ugly EXTREME HIGH REALISTIC RESOLUTION textures (made slightly less painful by a Unity pull request that never made it into the main resource pack)
>adds barrels and chests for no reason
>you can't disable either
>adds a pickaxe
>a pickaxe with a 505x505 texture
>which is fast, can mine a 5x5 area, can create torches, is cheap, can be repaired with redstone and can use RF
>which also can't be fully disabled
>on a mod about item storage and transport
>>
File: pickaxe.png (15 KB, 505x505)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>204992379
>a pickaxe with a 505x505 texture
No seriously.
>>
>>204993002
I'm baffled. 505 isn't even a power of two, which GL textures generally are.
>>
>>204992379
I think he meant that 1.7.10 is meme version
>>
>>204993537
he's a gay
>>
File: fajnie.gif (574 KB, 237x200)
574 KB
574 KB GIF
>you want to start comfy serb for your closest friends
>they invite their friends which are fucking normies
>now there is almost 20 people waiting for server
>yesterday post modlist and ask should I add anything else
>everyone wants to play vanilla without any mods
>ask why
>"becouse they are hard to install, don't fit with minecraft and we don't understand them"
>they don't even want fucking Quark
What the hell should I do?
>>
>>204995191
Get more autistic friends
>>
>>204995191
disappear out of their sight and contact for a few days or like a week
then pretend you never said you would start a server
>>
>>204995191
dont be such a fucking pussy and tell them you dont wanna play boring ass vanila shit? like what the fuck lmao
>>
>Twilight Forest shits itself and renders it impossible to play this save

Well this is new and exciting.
>>
>>204995410
They are literally my only friends dude and I don't know how to get more
>>204995673
That is actually pretty good idea
>>204995712
Trust me I did. I even tried to convince them that mods aren't in any way changing gameplay but they keep saying that either I will remove all the mods or they will start their own server. And now I'm worried that my friends will play on this normie server and I as always will need to play alone.
Fuck
>>
>>204996187
looks like your friends prefer their normie friends over you
>>
>>204995191
Just play vanilla with them. Playing it with friends alleviates the problems I have with vanilla, namely it being boring as shit with no real goal. I've had more fun just fucking around in vanilla with my friends than I have in any modded singleplayer world.
>>
Hey can I change a mod's recipe by opening the jar and changing the recipe json?
>>
Is there a fast way to delete all config files of mods that I removed? Because I recently uninstalled a lot of mods from my experimetnal modpack and now I have twice config files than I have mods
>>
File: 635487248915692435.png (79 KB, 549x140)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>check youtube for once and see Mischief of Mice uploaded new Thaumcraft 6 video
>discover that Thaumcraft 6 is finally in a beta

Holy shit.
I wonder if Esteemed Inventions will ever come out now.
>>
I'm going fucking insane. Do force relays from botania just outright not work at all? I put the fucking warp lens on the spreader, aim the spreader at the force relay, bind the relay to a block, and literally nothing fucking happens
>>
>>204999916
I remember being hyped for that mod and almost moving to 1.7 for it alone, then not long after that version got stabilized I realized how useless it is.
>>
>>204999916
what's that
>>
>>205001725
A steam tech mod that in 1.7.10 doesn't do much and relies on its own power system that's completely incompatible with other power systems.
>>
How is new world gen different than previous one?
>>
>>204999916
Fuck, I forgot Flaxbeard's steam power existed.
>>
How to raise height of clauds without using Optifine?
>>
>>205004839
type that into google
>>
>>205006167
I already done it
>>
>>205004839
CloudMaster
>>
>>204983946
There's already a few, but they are fairly minor. For instance, Bedrock gets more useful Cauldrons.
>>
why vanilla so boring? any suggestions to improve this bullshit?
>>
>>204999132
rename the config folder, boot game, shutdown game, compare old folder to new folder, replace new folder's configs with just the old configs from shit you're using.
>>
File: ProblemSolving.gif (990 KB, 400x225)
990 KB
990 KB GIF
>>204985702
Just sit back and watch it burn.
>>
I was playing on a server Vulengate for a little while, but over-moderation made it boring. Neat server, economy, MCMMO and ranks. But the owner would make the most retarded underaged faggots into admin who would ban or mute people for anything.
>>
Alright. Still in the process of making my Dungeon Meshi mini-modpack, now called the Dungeon Diners Pack.

Mods in the pack: Roguelike Dungeons, Bird's Foods, The Camping Mod, Hostile Mobs & Girls, Recurrent Complex, Reliquary, and Wild Mobs, along with utility mods and Antique Atlas as a minimap mod.

Let's try this sucker out.
>>
>>205010543
Add mods
>>
we are fucking dead guys
>>
>>204936405
make a strict priority for categorys, so if one fits into two equally, one takes priority
>>
Can I automate crops farm from Growthcraft with Immersive Engineering stuff or do I need another mod?
>>
>>204985702
does spigot support bedrock clients?
>>
File: bza4voY.png (597 KB, 1920x1017)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>>
>>205022069
neat
>>
need a recipe for an item that gives shitty lifesteal. I can't recall what vanilla items would fit the bit. Trying not to dig into the other mods for materials because it should be craftable pretty early for what I'm trying to do
>>
>>205023570

depending how "early" we're talking, wither (bone? skull?) and a fermented spider eye?
or maybe just a potion of healing and some gold (+ a diamond?)
or just make the thing drop from bats?

gold makes a lot of sense because of golden apples/carrot, i guess
>>
>>205023737
well to be much more specific, I'm adding glass hearts to the server and for people to actually use that mod at all you need the sapping enchant to fill your glass hearts. I figured i'd just make Sapping I and maybe II and III craftable outright to get people started on it.
I was thinking maybe something with soulsand because its sand that steals souls or something.I guess I could just add it to more loot tables instead or both? its really hard to judge because glass hearts seems like a mod that was left half way. The idea is amazing but the implementation is lacking.
>>
>>204995191
send them to my server. or do what I do and just ignore them and put mods in anyway. shit i have 35 plugins running flawlessly.
make them your bug testers and remind them you own the server
>>
>>205014859
if youre into 4craft, check their discord, theres a server I play on there with mcmmo and towny. its not half bad desu. its like wild something
>>
>>205023887
i never heard of that mod before, it looks like it's only on memeversions?

anyway, for the most "basic" i'd say go for two gold carrots+ a stick (and a fermented spider eye?) to directly make a gold sword of sapping
then you can have bats drop sapping books if you feel like it (not really realistic but it'd make the little shits useful)
and maybe a book + a golden apple (basic) plus soul sand to directly get sapping 2?
>>
>>205024635
its a rare gem. Not being on forge makes it so no one has heard of it. On top of that its kinda weird without doing some work to integrate it into a pack. You need 1.) a way to get sapping that isn't rng 2.) need a mod that can pipe fluids 3.) really spend some time fucking with the numbers to get them to feel right for whatever set up you've got going.

Gold is probably a good idea, not a lot of mods I've got installed call for a lot of it.
Making me wish I had a more sinister mod installed that I can piggyback this off of.
>>
what's a great hosting service?
>>
>>205028539
just get a VPS
>>
tfw cant decide should i play minecraft on dum server or solo and cheat myself good tools
>>
>>205028983
What's so wrong with wanting a host my friend?
>>
Aside from Immersive Engineering what are some good dieselpunk aesthetic mods
>>
>>204905823
remove it, you don't need ticon and it negates so many other answers when you do use it.
>>
>>204905823
>>204939917
Try playing without it for a while. If you feel like something is missing, then add it back.
Don't fall for the TCon memehaters, for your own opinions. I did that and not long after I realized that I do in fact enjoy the mod.
>>
>>205033053
TiCon has two redeemable tools, 3x3 maul and forest axe. The forest axe is made redundant by many mods leaving only the 3x3 digger. The rest is done better elsewhere or better not done at all.
>>
File: 2014-05-13_22.48.29.png (2.97 MB, 1920x1018)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
So I want to plan to startup a massive server with similar mechanics to how EVE online works. The Starting map would be Broville v.11 but really anyone could move to unclaimed areas

1. Little to no admin/mod fuckery with the exception for egregious hacking and exploits, I want as much as possible to be dealt with game mechanics, its not a complete anarchy server but there's no one telling you what you can or cannot do. Subsequently if you get scammed, killed or otherwise well tough shit. On the flip side If you attack someone in high security chunks and you get insta-killed by NPC police also tough shit for being a retard.

2. Reward risk over safety- You can care bear it up all you can in the safe zones but to get good materials and resources you need to go to the less safe areas which have better ores and better mob spawns and loot.

3. Nation building and factions- In certain areas people would be allowed to startup their own nations and factions underneath. They could also claim chunk which has the benefit of both semi-protecting it from destruction and making the ore/mobs spawns better over time as the area is occupied. But also make you more visible to being attacked an invaded. There would have to be some mechanic that would allow opposing players to flip chunk and make it vulnerable but also giving the defenders time to counter it (More thoughts on how this could work).
>>
>>205033808
The best part of TCon is being able to repair your shit easily. Vanilla anvils are fucking awful and if you accidentally use a tool one time too many well then whoops it's gone forever.
It's not that the mod overshadows vanilla-style tools, it's that vanilla-style tools are so bad that any replacement is vastly better than them. Silent's Gems is pretty much an easier TCon with gems and yet it's also much better than vanilla.
>>
What's the easiest way to generate extra overworld (for mining purposes)?
>>
>>205034860
diamond pickaxe with haste 2 and a second one with silk touch is 90% of what you need and you should have decent ore processing or if an industrial style an autominer which reduces tool use to building/landscaping.
>>
>>205034656
Broville isn't balanced for survival, there are buildings made out of expensive materials, insta-kill weapons, etc.

>>205034860
tool repair was a mistake desu
>>
File: 2018-02-01_21.46.49.png (2.45 MB, 1920x1017)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
>>205034656
One of the big things is how the chunk will be secured and managed and still going with the risk vs reward mindset.

High-Security (+1.0 - 0.5)-
If you attack any one here you will be always killed by NPC police mobs. This doesn't mean you CAN'T kill people in highsec it just means you will always die when you agress anyone that you legally cannot harm (I.e Not an outlaw, Criminally agressed, at war with) . The NPC response time starts from 5 seconds at 1.0 level chunk to 19 seconds in .5 level chunks , they will spawn within (if there aren't any around) 6 blocks of you and instantly status effect you to the point where you cannot move, see or harm and then finally finish you off. If you agro someone in a highsec chunk while you are in a nullsec or lowsec chuck (i.e with a bow) the NPC police will still spawn and kill you but only at the edge of the chunk adding more time to the response. You will also take a security status hit. You also cannot detonate TNT or open nether portals in highsec chunk. Hostile mobs will not spawn in 1.0 and .9 chunks. Mobs have the effect of being on easy difficulty. Safest but also the least rewarding in terms of loot and resources.
You can still build in High-Security areas but you need to deal with NPC rules, i.e if you're buying a building in Broville or just land in general.

If you agress enough people in Highsec you will lose security status and NPC standings. Your security status starts at +10.00 to -10.00) agressing or killing people in Highsec or Lowsec will cause that number to drop dramatically. Starting at -2. you will be attacked by NPCs at 1.0 chunk, at -2.5 attacked .9 chunk and so on till you can't enter high security at all. Mind you the mobs that attack you for low security status aren't the insta-kill ones that come when you hurt players but they still make life very difficult.

>>
File: 2017-07-08_00.10.54.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1017)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>205035474
removing weapons would be easy, I know because I help build it.

>>205035541
Low-Sec (0.4 - 0.1)-
The pvp "arena" zones and also the NPC factional warfare area. Unlike highsec agressing people doesn't incur a NPC police response other then perhaps sentrys (which aren't insta-kill) on the borders of highsec chuck and NPC buildings. However you will still take a security hit from general banditry and war/faction war mechanics still remain. TNT is also not possible to be ignited in Low-sec. Mobs have the effect of being on normal difficulty. Better loot and resources then in highsec.

No Security (-1.0 - 0.0)-
Basically as it sounds no security at all and you can do pretty much anything like building where ever you want, claiming chunk for your own faction, killing, without any repercussions other than the wrath or ire of other players. Newly generated chunk will default to no-security, mobs have the effect of being on Hard difficulty. Best resources and loot, -1.0 being the most desirable.

What would be the best way to go about this? and if anything would could be done better?
>>
>>205035052
RF dimensions is the fun way
>>
>>205035808
As far as i remember it requires technology and stuff? I was thinking more of a just creating parallel dimension and using teleport command to get there. Planning on using GTNH pack.
>>
Bumpan question, please
I'm okay with using a little bit of money, i'd like to set up a modded dedicated server for 10 or so people, is there a good host service
>>
>>205031645
so far I have
>Immersive engineering
>Immersive petroleum
>Thaumcraft
>Magneticraft
>Valkyrien Warfare
and some other little decoration mods. Any other recommendations friends?
>>
>>205036532
Electrical age can be fun.
>>
File: OP gear.jpg (106 KB, 1008x699)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>205024178
I am looking for another server to play on. The one you described sounds like Vulengate. MCMMO, towns, ranks, economy. It does kind of start feeling like pay-to-win because people pay money and get the most absurd gear. People have gear like a sword in pic related, or armor with Protection X, Fire Protection X, Feather Falling X, Projectile Protection X, Blast Protection X, Well Fed (keeps you fed), Rejuvenation (armor heals automatically) and other shit. Night Vision and Water Breathing Helms. You're just so overpowered it's not even fun anymore. Plus what I was bitching about with the mods.

So yeah, looking for a new server, might check out what you said. I wouldn't mind getting into factions again.
>>
>>205036835
Sadly Valkyrien Warfare and Immersive Petroleum are some of the mods I am definitely going to need for what I have in mind and they're 1.10+ only.
>>
>want to try out a new mod to maybe add it to my custom pack
>have to hope the ingame documentation is good enough
>if it doesn't it requires literally hours of experimenting around
>or listening to some fuckwit run around like a chipmunk having a stroke while punching the air and begging for likes and subscribes
seriously how the fuck are tutorial modpacks still not a thing yet
>>
>>205041916
Or a fucking wiki. Just give me a fucking good in-depth wiki that explains things well.
https://www26.atwiki.jp/minecraft/pages/1125.html
I mean how fucking hard can it be.
>>
>>204996187
>either I will remove all the mods or they will start their own server
That's a fantastic idea! They'll have their vanilla server and you'll have the modded server and everyone can hop back and forth as they see fit! More servers = more fun, right?

Srsly quit being such a pussy.
>>
How's Magneticraft on memevers?
>>
File: 2018-02-12_13.32.28.png (458 KB, 1280x720)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>>
>>205035714
>Low-Sec (0.4 - 0.1)-
>The pvp "arena" zones and also the NPC factional warfare area. Unlike highsec agressing people doesn't incur a NPC police response other then perhaps sentrys (which aren't insta-kill) on the borders of highsec chuck and NPC buildings. However you will still take a security hit from general banditry and war/faction war mechanics still remain. TNT is also not possible to be ignited in Low-sec. Mobs have the effect of being on normal difficulty. Better loot and resources then in highsec.
>No Security (-1.0 - 0.0)-
>Basically as it sounds no security at all and you can do pretty much anything like building where ever you want, claiming chunk for your own faction, killing, without any repercussions other than the wrath or ire of other players. Newly generated chunk will default to no-security, mobs have the effect of being on Hard difficulty. Best resources and loot, -1.0 being the most desirable.

Sounds like a good concept but how will you prevent people from doing log-off traps or evasions? If I attack someone and log then I've effectively evaded the popo. Also with potions and missed attacks I could see people very easily getting themselves killed accidentally.
>>
File: 2018-02-12_13.48.42.png (374 KB, 1280x720)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>205048686
Oops. I have no idea how this mod works apparently
>>
>>205049997
Does anyone have a tip for how to revert this damage I have done
>>
File: 2018-02-12_13.53.11.png (1.01 MB, 1280x720)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
fuck I made it even worse
someone call the cops
>>
>>205048686
>>205049997
>>205050389
a 4chan story
>>
Gentlemen, what other animals can vanilla realistically add?
>>
File: 1506973274533.jpg (254 KB, 701x728)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>205048686
>>205049997
>>205050389
Best mcg posts in a while
>>
Is there a good creative server but without all the plots fuckery? Just a randomly generated world where people build their shit?
>>
>>205054053
Does c.nerd.nu over on lebbit still exist? It used to be pretty good.
>>
>>205048686
>>205049997
>>205050389
Jesus Christ how does this even happen?
>>
>>205035714
Just set up a powerful enough tnt cannon and allahu akbar highsec
>>
Anyone familiar with Thaumic Energistics? How do I make sure I always have the required essentia for infusion and alchemy, do I need to set up a level emitter for every type of essentia?
>>
>>205058749
Just keep burning shit and importing it into your system so you don't have to worry about that. Set up level emitters to automatically start melting stuff down when you're low.

Are you trying to autocraft infusion recipes or something?
>>
>>205036532
Quark, Elucent Mods (if you find them fun)
>>
>>205059250
Yeah I'm automating infusion altar and alchemy. I guess I could just get like 10k of every essentia and never pay attention to it again but... that's not an elegant solution and who knows how much essentia I'll need in the long run.
>>
File: 1501474110768.jpg (156 KB, 1000x600)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>205048686
>>205049997
>>205050389
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>205059736
Dedicate an entire room to automate essentia smelting.
When you have less than ~256 essentia of a certain type, have it automatically melt down items until you're back up.
You might be able to ignore quite a few types of essentia depending on what items you smelt often.
>>
>>205060159
I think that's the best solution. Didn't wanna dedicate a whole room and like 100 channels just to keeping essentia stocked but I guess that's the price to pay.
>>
>>205060337
If thaumic energistics updates for TC6 there's gonna need to be some innovative features like essentia crafting patterns or it'll be fucking useless
>>
>>205057931
he said you can't "detonate tnt" which could mean you can't ignite tnt, but it could also mean that tnt entities shot into the chunk do no damage, effectively invalidating your strategy.
>>
>>205060742
>essentia crafting patterns
I'm pretty sure those already exist, or at the very least I recall seeing something similar to them.
>>
>>205036279
How tech-savvy are you?
Is a Linux VPS fine?
>>
>>205063671
I mean allowing essentia to be put into crafting recipes so when you try to autocraft something without enough essentia, it tells you that you can't because it doesn't have enough essentia.
>>
>>205063671
There are patterns for turning items into essentia but not the other way around.
>>
>>205063528
>protected blocks and disabled explosions
Gay as fuck. Using server mechanics to claim land so other people can't fuck with it is fucking gay.
>>
>>205035052
Well, there's the obvious option of Aroma's Mining Dimension. It's a really cheap method, basically a pseudo-flatworld with constant daylight and every possible ore, accessed by a simple portal.
>>
>>205059774
I was trying to get an airship set up for Valkyrien Warfare but apparently I'm retarded and can't get my ship to sit up straight.
>>
ded
>>
File: Ag9dVbw.jpg (653 KB, 2560x1387)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
Come play Minecraft, /vg/

Made the server couple of days ago, we've set up a comfy village and have anvils and enchanting tables and shit ready to go, also got a nether portal and stuff set up. We're just being comfy and having fun, come join.

We're set up just west of spawn, 81, 77, 247, up a mountain range. Shouldn't be too hard getting up here. Help yourself to supplies you need.

Server IP: 89.34.96.150:25567
>>
>>205067409
>no mods
for what purpose
>>
>>205067743
vanilla can be fun if you're just chilling with friends, but since >>205067409
anon is advertising on /mcg/ I'm guessing that's not the case.
>>
ten
>>
>>205072118
nine
>>
What does /mcg/ think about Underground Biomes?
>>
>>205065220
Does anyone have any experience with this mod and can tell me where the fuck I put the etherium lifts or whatever they are to keep my ship from tilting over and spilling itself on the ground?
>>
>>205074227
Can't stand it personallly. No one will ever need that many types of stone and it makes underground look weird (imo), configuring it can also be annoying if you want ores to have the UB backgrounds but want certain things disabled or whatever (i.e. if you disable poor iron ore in the oregen settings you'll still get it spawning because the extra mod that converts/scans for ores to give UB backgrounds doesn't pay attention to if you've turned the oregen off for anything.) The different hardness annoys me too. End up putting your mine somewhere with harder stone and you get to enjoy slower mining speed for literally no upside.
>>
>>205075869
CustomOreGen can handle turning off ores, for UBC, should be able to deal with the poor-ores issue.

Harder stone is a config - check your saves directory; it reads the file from that folder instead of the actual config folder.
>>
>>205060742
all AE2 aesthetics and mods need to be purged
>thread whines about TCon of all things being overpowered
>but don't touch my billion-storage magicblox(tm) or autocrafting
>>
>>205076794
TCon and AE2 are both shit
>>
>>205076794
minecraft storage management is stupid and unenjoyable
>>
If I autospawn tainted cows or whatever in my mob grinder for tainted goo drops, will that turn my base into tainted biome?
>>
>>205076794
>he enjoys having to store everything in a thousand chests
>>
>>205078340
Just don't spawn tainted sheep and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14 KB, 240x320)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>205074227
>>
File: 1513177051307.png (446 KB, 808x805)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>204983060
>we have been working on rewriting worldgen for years, but never realized these obvious bugs, oops!
>>
Does anyone have the set of MT scripts and textures that some anon did to make Shincolle use Railcraft's abyssal stone? I just remembered it but the download link on his post (>>195935171) is dead.
>>
File: 1462875335273.jpg (59 KB, 600x600)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Anyone can tell me if Eternity servers is any good?
>>
>>205074227
I like it desu, but it's a crippling burden in worldgen
>>
>>205084159
it's a good server m8
>>
>>205085069
Can you prove it my friend?
>>
File: 1506419042485.jpg (64 KB, 400x551)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
URIST THE SERB
>>
File: 1502968812644.jpg (49 KB, 692x969)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
NEVERMIND FIXED IT
>>
File: 1510534127043.jpg (64 KB, 640x480)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Any of you guys know a place where a guy can find some old version (beta 1.7.3 and previous) jars, specifically for hosting servers? I can find plenty downloads for the client, but not servers.
>>
>>205087780
1.7.3 server
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/80r25u94y0g7zeu/minecraft_server.jar

courtesy some guy over on ribbit
>>
dedcraft
>>
Someone sell me on TechReborn. Is it more or less autistic than GregTech?
>>
File: 2018-02-13_11.54.11.png (136 KB, 1920x1017)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
blocks
>>
>>205096364
Silverwood and greatwood?
>>
>>205096364
>>205097398
Nice.
>>
Are any of the thaumcraft addon mod authors still alive?
>>
>>205100298
The guy behind Astral Sorcery is Gadomancy's author.
Can't remember if anyone else is still around right now.
>>
>>205100298
Aside from me, it's really hard to say
I need volunteers for some Nexus testing

TT/TX looked pretty dead on TC5
WG is dead on 1.7 (Blu abandoned it)
FM is dead on 1.7 (SpitefulFox doesn't want to work on it anymore)
Not sure what Tuhljin is doing with Automagy
Horizons is dead on 1.7 (author MIA since 2016)
>>
>>205101491
I miss Horizons.
The curative vat and self-infusion were fucking genius.
>>
>>205101491
>Aside from me
what are you making anon
>>
Current progress on the Dungeon Diners Pack: Level 3 approaching 4 on the first Roguelike Dungeon. Lucked out on my first few artifacts; a chestplate that fully revives me upon taking lethal damage (5 minute cooldown), two staffs that causes lightning to strike on blocks, and several trinkets. My only issues are the spiders and skeletons. And the fact that I have yet to see Artifact loot on this Roguelike Dungeon.

Feels great fashioning a sandwich out of Rotten Flesh. I feel like I'm really eating my way into the dungeon.
>>
>>205102714
Sounds comfy anon
>>
>>205102989
Adding The Camping Mod and Bird's Foods was a good idea. The only problem is that I have yet to see any HMaG mobs underground.
>>
>>205103140
>Bird's Foods
Wow, a food mod that doesn't add a shitfuck of fruits and vegetables? Nice
>>
>>205101491
>I need volunteers for some Nexus testing
On what? I just noticed a new build of it on github, I guess I can take a look at something or another in-game.
>>
>>205104137
>no 1.10
fucc
>>
>>205105405
Didn't live test that build before pushing, has a NPE crash on startup, will put a hotfix up shortly
>>
>>205103140
>Bird's Foods
Holy shit that mod didn't have a 1.7.10 version last time I checked, based dev.
>>
>>205105917
i should pay more attention to descriptions
i'm a retard ignore me
>>
>>205106703
>250 crafting table recipes
>no new ingredients
Time to grab Cooking for Blockheads as well, looks like it's kitchen time. I'm glad I resisted the tememeptation of Harvestcrap.
>>
>>205108170
A few things I've learned:
>Dagwoods are expensive but awesome
>You can grill just about any sandwich, doing so makes it better but it can't be changed after
>Most foodstuff ingredients can be split into pieces before or after cooking; ground beef/sliced steak for instance
>>
>>205108485
Cheese from Animania is compatible for recipes, pretty nice
>>
>>205108485
Kitchen Knives from HMaG can also be used to chop down ingredients.
>>
>>205108485
You'll also need to add these entries to your MT scripts:
<ore:cropChorusFruit>.add(<etfuturum:chorus_fruit>);
<ore:foodCookedrabbit>.add(<etfuturum:rabbit_cooked>);
<ore:foodCookedmutton>.add(<etfuturum:mutton_cooked>);
Although I'm not sure about the chorus fruit one, I don't see any recipes with it.
>>
>>205106703
>>205108485
YES, I NEED IT.
>>
>>205109008
>>205109214
>>205110102
Thanks, but I'm not the guy doing the pack in question.
>>
>>205106703
Would Bird's Foods mix well with shit like Growthcraft or AMT2?
>>
Which mod changes quartz color to black?
>>
>>205110102
Found the problem, it's cropChorusfruit not cropChorusFruit. Lower case f.
Plums from Forestry should also work in some of those, no idea why it isn't on all of them but whatever.
>>
>>205110792
Unless you find having a ridiculous amount of food a detriment to your pack, I guess. In that case it might be a good idea to pair it with Spice of Life to encourage eating varied kinds of food.
>>
Why does the whole lighting of my room constantly change when I move? It only happens on vanilla chests but I have a lot of them so it's very noticeable. It's like I move a tile to the left and now all of my chests are dark on top and bright on the side, I move to the right and they're all bright on top and dark on the side. Driving me kinda insane
>>
Is 4craft up yet?
>>
>>205111710
Botania, Rustic, and Astral Sorcery add some black quartz but I'm not sure on one that changes vanilla quartz to black.
>>
>>205111710
Actually Additions? It adds black quartz as oregen.
>>
Why aren't decocraft recipes showing in JEI?
>>
>>205114406
Decocraft uses a weird custom system. Make the decobench.
>>
Realistically how fast can the Advanced Alchemical Furnace be, with a super energized node next to it? Could I drop stacks of items and have them smelted instantly, or how fast can this thing get? Right now I'm dropping 1 item and a time and it's not smelting them particularly fast.
>>
>>205037486
Oh man, I used to cheat in these kinds of servers just to steal kiddies gear and dump it into lava infront of them.
>>
File: l1swjFY4.jpg (55 KB, 512x512)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>205114531
>tfw even decobench recipe isn't showing up
>>
File: 2018-02-13_01.09.20.png (312 KB, 1280x720)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>205115575
>>
Post builds in more modern/industrial/urban styles. Don't typically build in this style and I want to try.
>>
>>205116017
Thanks anon
>>
>>
Goodnight /mcg/
>>
donut die pls mcg
>>
File: 2018-02-13_02.23.55.png (3.17 MB, 1920x1080)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
>>204982652
unless it's placebo from looking for changes, seemed like EVERY landmass is smoother, especially as it meets water, kinda taking all the charm out of quirky and uneven bits of land

and this was like the 3rd or 4th perfectly circular pond I came across in 5 minutes of flying around, not sure if they were so common before.....
>>
>>205112606
>>205113648
Pretty sure that's not what he means as I've got a modpack with 200+ mods and my quartz also looks black. No idea what mod causes it and no incentive to find out since it doesn't really bother me that much.
>>
File: 1463529385034.jpg (255 KB, 1024x768)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
Is Ownage hosting a good hosting service?
What about Virtual Gladiators?
I wanted to start a smol modded server with some people and it's pretty impossible to run a personal serv, so we decided to go for a hosting service, with mods of course
Unsurprisingly it seems pretty dead, some having zero revs at all others having their last post in 2016
I used to use MCprohosting but desu they were pretty jewish and also the prices seem pretty high
Also, any tips on modpacks?
>>
>>205123202
>I wanted to start a smol modded server with some people and it's pretty impossible to run a personal serv
fucking how
You do understand that if you get a server, it's going to be extremely limited in terms of CPU and probably even RAM, usually sharing with other servers and not coming with the amount they promise, right?

How do you lack the ability to host by yourself?
>>
File: mpKZg.png (200 KB, 500x276)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>205123671
Provider issues
I don't really remember having those problems when i was using MCpro, albeit it was pretty expensive, if you could be bothered can you provide me with more info on that?
The offers seem kinda okay but I can't really find much feedback that's why I was asking.
I am however not adamant on this, just fairly ignorant.
>>
>>205101491
I think someone was looking into forking WG. Not sure if it got anywhere tho.
>>
What do you guys think about Better with Mods?
>>
>>205126025
Used to be /ourmod/. Seems pretty alright.
>>
File: writing Forge Events.jpg (138 KB, 1024x1344)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>205126025
It's alright. I totally want to revisit Dorf Science, though.
>>
>>205114957
From my notes:
>Every 5 ticks, the AAF draws up to 50 CV each of ignis, perditio, and aqua from nearby nodes/relays into a buffer of 500 per aspect. 1 ignis is consumed immediately, even if there is none in the buffer. (A long unpowered AAF can be very, very cold inside.)
>
>When an item stack entity hits the central block, if the AAF is idle and has sufficient CV and space for the essentia, one item will be melted down and its essentia stored in an internal tank. This consumes perditio and aqua CV equal to the item's total essentia, and ignis equal to twice that.
>
>The AAF will then be busy (unable to melt items) for 5-105 ticks, depending on the amount of remaining ignis. The time is given by floor(105 - ignis / 5). If the AAF is kept fully charged, this simplifies to floor(5 + item_essentia / 2.5).
>
>The internal tank can hold any combination of up to 500 total essentia. Essentia can be extracted from any of the four lower edge blocks using any tube-like method, but not using phials. Note that tubes can easily be overwhelmed by the AAF's speed, so an alchemy golem or essentia import bus should be used instead.

So it has a maximum speed of 4 items per second, depending on the item. Also, it won't process items continuously if they're just sitting in it, they have to impact the central block while it is idle. A Kinetic Attractor underneath the AAF will mostly overcome this.
>>
>>204946548
Added tropics biome that is fairly rare and only spawns in islands. Grows Palms and such.
Palms can grow coconuts which can be processed into buckets of milk. You can also craft the leaves into thatch which would be a new building block similar to haybales, but better suited for building.
Rare spawn chance of buried treasure under the sand in certain places, possible implementation of treasure maps.
Could also finally add fish mobs to the game, since it would be thematically appropriate.
>>
>>205124121
Bumpan this
I tried with hamachi but aside from the 5 users limit (we are around 10) it doesn't work properly due to my provider issues
Is it really that much of a bad idea to get a host for one or two months? the scam is strong, most of what I've been looking through always end up telling you that for mods or good mods you need or you must buy the 20+ bucks packages while I believe the 10~bucks could be enough.
>>
anyone know any mod that has well coded animals? I've got some mods installed that add pets but they're somehow acting worse than vanilla pets. I thought maybe if there's a open source mod with better pet ai I could just swap it out
>>
1.10 or 1.12?
>>
>>205134121
>>
>>205134121
>>
>>205134121
>>
File: REEEE.png (16 KB, 171x372)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
I ran dead on ideas so I decided to write my 5 page paper for my literature class on the social impacts of minecraft

Somebody euthanize me
>>
>>205134121
>>
The fuck does registerFixesMob do?
>>
>>205135912
Please stop and pick another topic . Please please please.
>>
File: 9replies.jpg (35 KB, 278x278)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>205130078
>>
>>205130078
if you plan on 1-2 months you can get by wih max 50$ budget, try amazon
>>
odds: flatten the area and regret that everything looks ugly
evens: try to work with uneven terrain and fail
dubz: make platforms everywhere.
>>
>>205139050
good luck.
>>
Starting a serv
what mods
>>
>>205142664
GT5U, GT6, and TFC
>>
>>205142664
I've had the idea of wanting to create a modpack where you start out tech with Immerse Engineering and all of the single block everything machine mods would be gated behind really complex IE crafting processes and also maybe thaumcraft infusions or something. So it would feel like a natural progression from big inefficient multiblocks to magic single-block everything-machines
>>
>>205142664
add tough as nails and lucky blocks
>>
>>205144023
I'd love to use something like that, I'm not very proficient with mods if you happen to need a test subject call me up
>>
File: 2018-01-25_18.38.39.png (238 KB, 925x530)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
Has Forestry explained what the caterpillars do?
>>
>>205144296
I'm pretty bad at curating modpacks and tweaking recipes and all that. It's something I've wanted to do but I don't think I'd be able to do it very well or provide a good sense of balance.
>>
File: 1495176519304.png (340 KB, 679x604)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>205146484
That is okay, thank you
>>
After exploring a few worlds with I:bandedClimateWidth=3 in Climate Control's config, I guess I now have a good idea of how much it really changes the world. The upsides are that you can always be sure of where to go if you want a specific biome (just keep walking north if you want cold or south if you want hot), rare biomes seem a lot more common like this (I've already found two ice plains spikes biomes and a jungle with just a bit of casual exploration), and how you can just move east or west when you find a climate you're pleased with; and the only downside I found is how the world's spawn might be very samey across multiple worlds due to it being in the middle of the cool-warm transition. Also, if you have Nature's Compass (why wouldn't you) it might the climate bands might feel a bit superfluous.

In any case, it's a nice way to change your world generates without adding much so it, so I recommend fucking around a bit with that setting to see what you think. I also recommend using it with any biome mod just for the sake of variety.
>>
>join "minecraft with buddies"
>join a village, guy says I can do whatever I want with a plot of land
>need supplies so I just start with a simple box over a mineshaft to gather materials
>next day, everything is torn down and packed into a box with a message saying "your house was ugly so I tore it down, I'll give you a new plot somewhere"
>Disconnect

What's the fucking point of these shitty servers you keep listing, /vg/?
>>
>>205149850
>What's the fucking point of servers
None.
Single player or bust.
>>
File: 2018-02-13_11.53.17.png (725 KB, 1366x705)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
That lemon tree comes down now.
>>
File: laughingengiesdotjaypeg.jpg (104 KB, 1191x670)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>205153967
>glass autism box
>>
>>205154129
>Posting in a general centered around an autist's wet dream
>>
>>205154651
>giving (you)s to some autistic post complaining about autism

oh wait
>>
File: 2018-02-13_12.12.26.png (794 KB, 1280x720)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
>>205116321
Anons help me I can't build
>>
File: 2018-02-13_15.42.06.png (118 KB, 1024x576)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/pixel-reality-luminance
This is neat. Hardcore-ish lighting without mods.
I'm not much of a fan of all the orange lights, but I don't think much can be done about that.
>>
>>205154129
>not properly enclosing your mad science so that it can't get away before you get to study and torture it
>>
>>205160807
>trees
>getting away
what has science done
>>
>>205136010
it clearly registers fixes for mobs, duh

It seems it's there so Minecraft won't shit itself if you give your mob a piece of equipment
>>
>>205155758
you at least try, it seems.
i like these spades around your doors.
maybe an overhang could help with the 2nd floor, and a few slightly different windows to break the pattern a little?
>>
File: 2018-02-13_13.39.13.png (627 KB, 1366x705)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
Finally made the connection.
>>
>>
How do I actually get apples? There's no apple trees in my modpack, do they just grow on oaks?
>>
>>205165639
plant appul tree
>>
>both Bird's Foods and AMT add baked apples, made the same way
Well fug, what now? I can't think of a better recipe for AMT's (vastly superior) version. Maybe a food plate recipe in oven mode?
>>
>>205165639
They have a chance to drop from oak leaves and dark oak leaves.
>>
>>205167318
Thanks, do you know if they drop when you harvest those trees with the MFR Harvester?
>>
>>205167729
They should but I rarely use MFR so I can't say for certain
>>
>>205167729
MFR gives you saplings and apples, yes
>>
>>205169018
sapples
>>
>>205169553
Applings.
>>
>>
File: 2017-06-10_12.04.30.png (675 KB, 1360x706)
675 KB
675 KB PNG
>>205155758
>>205116321
It's an old build
>>
Does anyone know exactly what Node Randomization from Gadomancy does? Can it turn nodes into hungry nodes?
>>
File: 2016-07-18_00.13.51.png (525 KB, 1360x706)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
>>205155758
Some suggestions
I like the shape of the roof but it would look better as slabs and with another material (something less noisy), and try adding some other material for decoration, possibly stone slabs at the height of the second level floor and vertically on each corner. If you want to, also take inspiration from what I posted and don't forget to clean the terrain.
>>
>>205054627
>c.nerd.nu
Thanks anon!
>>
What's a good worldgen mod for 1.10.2?
Most of the "realistic" worldgen mods create a bunch of giant fuckyou trees that kill my frames, and they sometimes fuck with ore and structure gen too much, while things like biomes o plenty adds way too many forests and plants and flowers and shit. I want the world to make a bit of sense with climate transitions but I don't want it to be literally just forests upon forests seperated by rivers sometimes. Biomes o plenty adds dozens of them like cold forests, warm forests, plains forests, flower forests, bone forests or whatever, and then maybe like 1 desert biome and a completely useless wasteland biome.

Is there a good worldgen mod or is it all just crap.
>>
>>205175287
What are those metal sheeting looking blocks over on the very right side?
>>
>all of a sudden my worlds have completely stopped generating rock mountains from Highlands+RTG+CC
>Nature's Compass always fails to find them on a 10k block radius
>I haven't changed literally anything in their configs since the last time I played with Highlands
What in the fuck
>>
File: 1489374733965.jpg (89 KB, 499x283)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>hunger always becomes a non-issue after a half an hour or so even in vanilla
>install spice of life, hunger overhaul, and pam's to make it more interesting
>it's just grind-heavy and limits exploration
>too autistic to take them out because I put in work setting up a farm with pam's crops
>>
>>205178323
Install cooking for blockheads, get rid of hunger overhaul, it's redundant and spice of life is better.
>>
>>205178724
>Install cooking for blockheads
Alright
>get rid of hunger overhaul, it's redundant and spice of life is better.
How so?
>>
>>205178323
BIRD'S FOOD
>>
>>205178810
Pams and SoL already modify food values. Overhaul's """hardcore""" farming nerfs, food nerf, and hunger and health punishments are just kinda excessive and add a lot of downtime and grind rather than engagement.
>>
>>205177537
IE metal sheets.
>>
>>205178323
>>205178724
>>205178810
>>205179274
HO's farming nerfs and shit can be turned off in the config. IMO it's worth it just to give yourself regen from food without having to autisitcally stay at 8+ hocks constantly.
>>
>>205181427
If you're playing on 1.7.10 yeah sure, but you have to turn off basically 90% of the rest of mod because it's all garbage except that.
>>
>>205181528
HO generates two example configs by default, one with all its default changes and one that's literally vanilla. You're supposed to go through the vanilla one enabling the shit you want the mod to do instead of using the default ultragrindy one.
>>
>>205182095
It'd be nice if the mod author could make a mod that isn't full of shit in the first place instead of requiring you to go in and selectively disable the parts that suck dick
>>
>>205182236
yeah how dare he giving you the choice to play as you want
>>
>>205182443
it's like taking a dump on my dinnerplate and telling me to scrape out the peas and corn
>>
>>205182572
Not him but
>You're supposed to go through the vanilla one enabling the shit you want the mod to do instead of using the default ultragrindy one
Sounds like you're deliberately taking the shit plate and complaining about it instead of taking a clean plate and putting the peas and corn on it.
>>
>>205182714
More like sifting through the plate of shit and picking out the peas and corn to eat
>>
>>205179148
>BIRD'S FOOD
Nice, didn't know it had a 1.7.10 version out.
>>205181427
What settings would you recommend then?
>>
>>205182827
>I HAVE TO LOOK AT THINGS I DONT LIKE
>>
>>205183016
Enable the health regen changes and practically nothing else
>>
File: Gyromite.jpg (32 KB, 480x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>205138569
It's due tonight

I've procrastinated too long
I'm too deep
>>
Is buildcraft (a stable version that's playable) avaliable in any version after 1.7.10?
IMPORTANT QUESTION PLEASE ANSWER
thanks
>>
>pack with friends
>finding marble is as simple as finding the nearest hill with exposed stone
>solo pack
>walked 2000 blocks in one direction, mostly through hilly terrain and haven't found a single piece of marble yet
>need it for a clean tiled look for my factory
send help
I set all the oregen settings for my solo world to vanilla before I began, so I'm wondering if that's fucking with it. Or is it the height of my world is generally different and marble only spawns below X height or something?
>>
What are good mods to play together with grimoire of gaia? (or is there something better?)
>>
>>205186593
go ham with a AOE mining tool underground in creative until you find marble
>>
>>205185592
post result
>>205186004
please answer
>>
File: AM I RETARDED.jpg (25 KB, 665x574)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>205187778
It's already fucking terrible and I'm only two pages in

I don't even know what I'm writing anymore it's just bullshit
>>
>>205187914
Five pages is really too long to pull out of your ass anon. You've fucked up.
>>
File: CHUNKS.jpg (10 KB, 200x200)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>205189887
Look I've already pulled like three out
I'm committed
>>
>>205187778
Doesn't seem like it friend.
>>
>>205186894
pls respond
>>
>https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/born-in-a-barn
>spieger does anti vanilla-code fixer
>doesn't forget 1.7
Best
>>
File: 2018-02-09_11.27.05.png (1.12 MB, 1280x1024)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>205191740
On the topic of doors and villages, I heard that using doors near an Iron Golem farm like pic related can affect how Iron Golems spawn in the farm itself. Now, this is easy to fix--just tear down any vanilla door nearby and replace them with Ex Futurum doors. But has the damage been done? I'm not that concerned though; this Iron Golem farm currently has 300 blocks of iron stashed inside.

Also new trapdoors for Ex Futurum when?
>>
File: 2018-02-13_18.05.20.png (167 KB, 1920x1058)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
s o u l t i o n s
>>
>>205192587
That's pretty cool there.
Illagers for Et Futurum when?
>>
>>205192108
>1.8+ version
>released Jan 21, 2018
>1.7.10 version
>released 2 hours ago
Hmmmmmmm
And apparently it's incompatible with Gadomancy somehow, what a shame.
>>
any nice modpack with thaum for 1.7.10?
>>
>>205193491
divine journey
>>
>>205192587
How do people take these absolutely perfectly isometric looking screenshots?
>>
>>205193682
Mineshot. It's available for up to version 1.8.9.
>>
>>205193491
Most modpacks use Thaumcraft. What are you looking for?
>>
>>205186961
I don't know all the tools in this pack and I'm a babby when it comes to later stages of modded stuff so I just went a ways away and blasted some big holes way into the ground with TNT and nukes, no marble yet so it looks like something might be fucked with the generation.
>>
>>205194062
something not too heavy,
I'm managing a hosted server with 4gb but infinity evolved ftb was a bit too much and fps dropped to 57, also while it was ok it had weird portal things on it and 179 active mods is a bit too much imho
The only things I was looking for was terrafirma with a couple of deco mods like little tiles and decocraft, grimoire of gaia mobs and something thaum and /egg/ related
I've never installed more than one mod so i've only destroyed everything so far which feels bad man
>>
File: 1503967565880.jpg (28 KB, 600x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>Vazkii opens a survey to find out what people use the Lexica Botania for
>decide to fill it out for shits and giggles
>like 70% of the shit he's asking about are features I didn't know were in it
When you've overengineered a book, it's time to take a step back and actually think about what you're doing.
>>
>>205197508
If you think that's overengineering, there's a modmaker that introduced fucking Siri into the game just to keep people from asking him upfront about how his mod works.
>>
>>205197969
Jesus Christ, if you need your hand held that much, you should just forget about playing with mods.
>>
>>205197969
At least that's some form of documentation. I fucking hate the trend of "Hey my mod adds 200 new blocks and dozens of machines into the game but there's literally no documentation anywhere so go fuck yourself, bye!" because it results in you just needing to go look at a wiki and spoil yourself on later content because a lot of recipes are complex enough or need specific enough things that "dude just experiment lmao" isn't a valid statement. Wish more mods provided some sort of general guidance for the content.
>>
File: quality bug report.png (10 KB, 587x191)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>205198908
>Wish more mods provided some sort of general guidance for the content.
Even if there are guides and stuff, there's always that one guy that only got by in life by learned helplessness. You could write the most comprehensive guide ever on how to do something, and they'll still put up an issue on GitHub whining that they can't make the thing work.
>>
>>205195747
How hard is it to set up custom recipes? Since it does appear that my marble generation is fucked I think it'd good if I made a recipe that lets me swap say, cobble for marble at a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. That way I can still get it for building but I need to put some work in and a stack of cobble will get me a half stack or so of marble, so I won't be too ezmode.
>>
File: 2018-02-13_19.14.20.png (472 KB, 1920x1058)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
We oregon trail now
>>
>>205198908
At the same time, writing documentation, especially for non-technical users, fucking sucks. I've never released any of the, admittedly small, mods I've made because I HATE dealing with all that stuff.
>>
My aura node is now so seemingly big that it displays every aspect as 0 on NEI. This is just a visual bug, right?
>>
>>205200070
Each to their own I suppose. I haven't made mods for the game specifically, and although "enjoy" is maybe the wrong word I do still find writing documentation to be useful. If you're having trouble writing down how to do something it can often be a sign that the process to do it is unintuitive or awkward.
>>
>>205197508
While we're talking about this, why do people call this guy a she?
>>
>>205200503
It's a Reddit circlejerk meme, at this point.
>>
>>205200503
"trans"
>>
>>205200717
Pretty sure that's not the reason, he looks like a regular ass dude from his profile picture.
>>
>>205201018
That's why the airquotes.
>>
>>205199797
you can attach it to a horse too
>>
File: meido a qt.png (26 KB, 367x336)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>205195953
>installing terrafirma is a chore
>I still have no idea how I will do this on FTP
>>
>spent all day tweaking my pack and trying t make sure everything was working properly
>finally got to a satisfactory level
>started a map
>some time after starting, I get into a cave and notice that barely any ores are generating
fugg
>>
I hope that code wizard from the other day is around because I need help doing something complicated.
trying to make a animal that follows the player but its stupid easy for it to get stuck in it's pathfinding. was thinking a fix might be that if its stuck it could cycle through nearby blocks to see if pathfinding from those blocks to the player is possible and if so, path to that block first then to the player. Problem is I don't see anything that is just (ideally) something akin to "trypathfinding (position1, position2)" the only pathfinding methods all have position1 being the position of the entity using the pathfinding. Other jank idea I had to bypass this is to just rapidly teleport it and check and then teleport it back but I'm not even sure that would work and might look weird?

I also remember reading at some point that minecraft has some real good pathfinding built in but the mobs just don't use it. I'm hoping this weird rumor is true because that would be so useful right now
>>
why the fuck is there a bamboodimconfig.cfg file in my saves
does the bamboo mod make a dimension?
why the fuck does it make a dimension
>>
>you can soul vial divinerpg bosses and make spawners out of them
>one of those bosses is like 500 tiles big
this is real dumb
>>
>>205205641
Please screenshots
>>
>>205206828
i will take some after i finish making the grinding room (surprisingly they dont fit into a regular mob grinder who knew) but imagine about 30 of these in a tiny ass dark room
>>
File: DisdainForPlebs.jpg (18 KB, 320x320)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>205207756
>9minecraft
>>
File: 2018-02-11_19.05.56.png (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
http://resourcepack.net/default-3d-resource-pack/

Is there a way/alternative resourcepack to get 3D detailed blocks to work with optifine's side grass option? As it is, it glitches out and leaves hovering grass hanging out a full block from where they originate.
>>
File: 1496891064272.jpg (17 KB, 225x225)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>build a shack with a basic TE set up and farm
>gather some ore
>can't decide what mod to start progressing in
>want to build my base somewhere else
>can't explore more of the world until I get better armor due to GoG
>>
Why does my autocrafting setup get constantly stuck at random? Any time I'm crafting something big at some fucking point it just doesn't craft something and the rest goes just fine and I just cancel it and order it again but it happens all the god damn time and I'm doing nothing wrong fuck this stupid fucking mod but god bless it
>>
File: 2018-02-13_20.40.47.png (705 KB, 1920x1018)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
You and me against the world, Mr. Sheep! We build here!
>>
>set pack up and start playing
>one hour later can't help but feel like something is missing
>>
>>205211783
dats bretty
>>
Any way I can get a better skybox in Last Millenium? I got the starfield creator and that makes it slightly better but it only affects a tiny area.
>>
>Have 2 furnaces, each with an interface with the same exact pattern
>Send 10 items to be smelted
>Instead of doing 5 and 5, it sends all 10 to the same furnace
How do I coax this fucking AE2 system into not being retarded and working in parallel?
>>
>>205217705
You can't
You need to send the single interface to a chest or something, then use some kind of item transport that can do round-robin distribution, and then of course, make sure the product items end up back in the system so the craft "completes"
>>
File: urgay.png (359 KB, 2560x1080)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
So I'm fairly new to the modding scene. While I played a couple Tekkit packs some years ago, I found it more enjoyable playing with a buddy. Plus, I only initially played it cuz many Youtubers were doing it, so it was kind of a forced intro to modding. I do enjoy vanilla, especially with friends, but I'm looking for some good mods for a fresh start in the modding community. Any suggestions?

Pic unrelated, just a pic from my screenshot folder
>>
>>205219242
If you're new you visit https://bot.notenoughmods.com/ and start picking mods until you're satisfied.

MultiMC makes the whole process painless and easy.
>>
>>205219393
wrong, you install infinity evolved and play in expert until you learn all the basic mods
>>
>>205219242
>I only initially played it cuz many Youtubers were doing it
are you fucking 12
>>
>>205219393
Cool. Thanks bud
>>
File: E.png (41 KB, 763x1014)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
If anybody actually wanted that shit essay I was writing, I got done with it a few hours ago and took a nap

https://pastebin.com/Q868kPEd
>>
>>205220360
fuck off
>>
>>205220360
gay
>>
>>205186894
>or is there something better?
hostile mobs and girls
looks, better, less bullshit defaults, meshes better with TC and other mods
>>
>>205220360
Does your teacher know you're autistic? If he didn't he does now.
>>
>>205220360
Didn't you say it was supposed to be like five pages? Were you using fucking 32 point font or some shit?
>>
american education lulz
>>
File: Pearl point.png (265 KB, 1280x1280)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>205221379
Supposed to be "4-6" but I got lazy

>>205220764
>>205220854
yes

>>205221249
nah
But seriously this was like maybe a half hour of actual work and a couple more of actual snoozing off and not working, Teacher's a dummy liberal arts guy anyways so who gives a shit. most of the class wrote their essays on nigger shit anyways so I get bonus points for being different

>>205221520
el education de goblinos des americanos
>>
>>205222157
>bonus points
>4-6
anon that pastebin is one page, maybe two with a generous font size and line spacing. Unless you are literally in high school that essay is getting nothing but a fail.
>>
File: 1511153577899.png (378 KB, 583x608)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>tfw no GoG for 1.12
>>
File: rabbit.png (1.75 MB, 1280x671)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>
>>205225261
At least one day it will all end.
Including my life.
>>
>>205203875
Just cheat and make the mob tether to the player like there's an invisible lead with incredibly simple AI to hide it.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (42 KB, 834x441)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>205222861
>>205220360
I got it up to about 2.5 for him using Times New Roman, double-spaced, and a header/title.
>>
File: capture.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1058)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
Which one's the best

Biomes O' Plenty, ExtraBiomesXL, or Enhanced Biomes?
>>
>>205227331
Biomes O' Plenty if you disable meme biomes
>>
File: dino.webm (51 KB, 280x162)
51 KB
51 KB WEBM
>>205226368
>>205222157
Anon, I just realized. Your professor will likely run everyone's essay through some anti-plagiarize software that scrapes the internet in addition to some internal database. When he does, he may discover this thread.

It was 12pt font, by the way. 15pt gets you up to 4 pages.
>>
File: capture.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>205227419
okay how do you do that, just // in some config file? i also got highlands mod, im reading its compatible with it so i guess im going with these two, hope it looks good.
>>
>>205227714
Just go down to this section of the config and set those biomes to false. Add them in if they're not there, since they're not listed by default.
>>
>>205227419
what sets BoP apart from the others if I may ask
>>
>>205227419
Which meme biomes?
>>
How to set up modded server?
Is there any guide THAT IS NOT a youtube tutorial?
>>
>>205228175
>oceans enabled
>chocolate, gangsta slum and moon surface are disabled

Wow anon
>>
>>205228420
Stupid shit like Gangsta Slums, Chocolate or Moon Surface
>>
>>205227624
This. Nuke the pastebin ASAP unless you want it to get flagged with like a 100% plagiarism rating.
>>
File: Capture.png (1.35 MB, 1920x1027)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
look at this glorious river
>>
>>205228680
Fuggen nice
Does that terraingen actually have it go anywhere? It can't go up from there so does it come back out on a lower piece of land towards the sea or does it wind down into the earth and dissapear?
>>
File: capture.jpg (80 KB, 520x399)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>205229091
it starts usually from a mountain or hill with small streams that connect each other making the whole thing bigger and bigger, until it finally gets to surface level into a nice big lake or ocean. the best part is how it can sometimes create underground rivers and cave systems, freakn neat
>>
File: 1517702132290.png (514 KB, 532x582)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>205229270
>proper rivergen with actual tributaries and meanders that follows some sort of realistic path and goal
my geography boner is raging
>>
File: img.png (846 KB, 1364x709)
846 KB
846 KB PNG
>>205227331
ExtraBiomesXL is the prettiest
>>
File: capture.jpg (167 KB, 1344x756)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
anyone know a sky mod thats like pic related but pixelated and stuff, to fit in with minecraft?
>>
>>205227331
If anything, it's definitely not Natura.
>Berries are definitely useless aside for Overworld berries which are oredicted for Berry Sauce recipes from AMT2
>Amaranths aren't supposed to be trees
>Nether trees (Bloodwood, Fusewood, Darkwood and Ghostwood) are not great building materials
>Hopseeds cannot be planted biomes that are not Plains
>Maple cannot be used to make syrup
>Redwoods are too disproportionally huge
>Tigerwoods are a terrible building material and an even more terrible example of wordplay
>Willows are more like igloos made out of leaves
>Clouds litter the sky
>Flamestring cannot be turned into normal string and cannot be used in any other recipe
And the list goes on.
>>
File: 2018-02-14_01.53.28.png (223 KB, 1920x1058)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
What
>>
How are you spending valentines day /mcg/?
>>
>>205231658
Shitposting and working on Nexus
>>
do you people actually waste time putting together ur own mods and making ur own fucking recipes and shite instead of just downloading a modpack? fuckign lol
>>
>>205230142
looks pretty much vanilla
>>
>>205231891
What is nexus?
>>
>>205230876
>berry medley is a pretty decent food
>nether berries can be binged, their buff duration stacks (but yeah, it'd be great if we could just distill them somehow)
>imps are a wasted opportunity
>>
File: 2018-02-14_03.09.08.png (827 KB, 1920x1001)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
>>
>>205231658
Eating pringles, binge watching anime and working on a uni project.
>>
>kekanism is almost at the end of Age of Engineering
what the hell
>>
File: benzo.gif (1.08 MB, 368x332)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>tfw can't decide if I like Better than Mods or I'm just annoyed by it
dubs decide if I keep it in my pack
>>
>>205231658
Being hungover and masturbating while my girlfriend works in her lab at uni. We don't celebrate valentines day because its a consumer trap.
>>
File: 2018-02-02_22.48.09.png (1.68 MB, 1920x1017)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>205232095
A magical place
>>
>>205228680
what is the fancy river mod?
>>
>>205213697
What are you autocrafting?
What are you using for autocrafting? I. e. which machines do the actual processing, and which storage/crafting request mod do you use?
>>
>>205219242
Why are you posting Wit's end from OCN?
>>
I wanted to start modded server for my and my friend and I've got a couple of questions
>How to know which mods are client side and which are server side
>If I have custom config options, do I need to also made them on server configs and my friends .minecraft folder or only server?
>How much ram do I need to host server with around 120 mods for 2 players?
>>
>>205239747
the same jar works on client and server and *usually* slapping a client-only jar onto the server won't do anything bad. There are few server-only jars. As for client-only jars:
-Minimaps
Generally if it only makes a visual difference but doesn't change game mechanics it might be clientside. So a mod that changes hunger has to be serverside while a mod that displays extra information in tooltips(e.g. food values) could be clientside
>>
>>205239747
Any mod that isn't absolute trash can safely be installed on both, and most have to be. If it only changes graphics/sound/controls, it might work on the client only, and if it only changes commands/worldgen/administration, it might work on the server only.
>If I have custom config options, do I need to also made them on server configs and my friends .minecraft folder or only server?
It depends on the mod and what you're changing, but you generally need to keep them synchronized.
>How much ram do I need to host server with around 120 mods for 2 players?
2-3GB
>>
File: 2018-02-14_06.11.59.png (273 KB, 1366x705)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
i'm considering moving versions
>>
Any nice IC2 modpack that doesn't consume 8 GB of RAM to set up a server?
>>
Any alive person in this general atm?
>>
File: fortress recipe.png (44 KB, 581x535)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>205244941
Ye

>can and will tweak recipes
>>
File: 1486705123481.jpg (327 KB, 1488x1600)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>205244941
no
>>
>>205121142
That does seem a bit nicer.
Maybe just a coincidence maybe not
>>
>>205243892
I tried double hand with Modern Warfare and it's really clunky, not functional at all.
>>
>>205243892
Good
>>
>>205226338
tried that. it looks bad. New idea is storing player location every second up to five times and then try pathfinding to those points if it can't path-find directly to the player.

There are still some pathfinding features I wish I knew how to do, like how to set min/max height a entity is willing to jump/fall. I also can't figure out how to make a bounding box that is floating a bit, the entity in question doesn't have legs but still uses ground based pathfinding and my autism wants the area where it doesn't have legs to not have the box. I thought it was yoffset but that apparently does nothing.
>>
>>205245640
yeah the double handed stuff is kinda wierd (right click fires the left gun)
i was more focused on the albedo support
>>
>>205227331
I like Highlands the best, all those mountainous biomes it adds are great especially with RTG.
Enhanced Biomes seems nice too, but apparently using it together with RTG means that no caves will generate for some reason.
>>
>>205112529
4 HOURS
>>
File: 2016-11-09_18.32.24.png (1.57 MB, 1920x1080)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
bump
>>
>>205254949
>vanilla will never look this good
>>
>>205254949
>forest
>>
>>205254949
reminds me of mists of pandaria, the WoW expansion
>>
Thaumcraft 6 Beta 5 is out. Bugfixes and shit. Should fix the foci crashes it seems.
>>
>>205258067
I accidentally gave myself all the research how do I fix
>>
>>205258254
Try "/thaumcraft research {Name} reset"
>>
File: zea3711amo-t.png (49 KB, 631x361)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
> add terrafirma and chocolate dungeons
>world has holes in the sea causing the server to lag
why does my serv lag with just these mods? it has 4gb of ram to chew on goddamn
>>
Seems like TC6 research gives research that doesn't require an item now more often, but now the bug that caused theories and observations to not be used is fixed.
>>205259626
IIRC MoCreatures could cause some issues.
>>
>>205259626
You mean TFC wasn't the first mod you added?
>>
File: 1500394293066.jpg (137 KB, 1173x652)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
sup
I left when 1.7.10 was the go to for mods and every shitter on youtube was playing skyfactory

2016 I guess

what's new?
>>
>>205261615
>what's new?
Not much. 1.7.10 is still a good choice for modding, but 1.10+ has some neat mods too. If you're looking to try new mods try 1.10+ packs. If you want to play with mods that aren't updating because the author is ded then 1.7.10 is still a good choice
>>
>>205262593
what about mcg autism serbs?
>>
>>205262854
ded
>>
>>205263428
>>205262593
thank you all the same
>>
Anyone know of a mod that makes the player inventory smaller?
>>
>>205256621
>download BoP
>feels like 90% of my world is just different fucking types of forest
STOP
I still like it but fuck if you get unlucky it's a nightmare finding somewhere reasonably non-forested to settle.
>>
>>205264602
just fill the slots you dont want with something non stackable like bows or some shit
>>
>>205264769
>finding somewhere reasonably non-forested to settle
>not wanting to find a densely forested area to carve a homestead out of
>being this uncozy
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>205264769
I suggest either getting Nature's Compass to find the biomes you want, or changing banded climates to 3 or more in Climate Control's config so you can keep going north or south to find something other than forests.
>>
>>205264832
you know that isn't the same thing
>>
>>205159260
The light version of this (in the alternatives folder) is also pretty great, it doesn't make things orange or go full dark but it gives everything in low light a nice and comfy shadow.
>>
>>205237686
I would also like to know
>>
>>205264602
InfiniteInvo claims to do that, but I haven't used it and it sounds buggy as all hell.

>>205237686
>>205266434
It's probably Streams.
>>
>>205266970
Oh okay, thanks.
>>
Is there a particularly easy way to find out what the name for a specific thaumonomicon entry is?
I want to give myself a research entry that is otherwise bugged but I have no fucking clue what the name of it is for the command.
>>
File: 2018-02-14_21.12.16.png (700 KB, 1366x716)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
When did grass get so dull? This is just depressing.
>>
>>205268740
Is it the first one in auromancy? That was bugged for me earlier. that one was BASEAUROMANCY if i recall correctly. You can try "/thaumcraft research {Name} list" and see if you can locate it.
>>
>>205270063
In beta 5 trying to craft a crucible with salis mundus causes a big annoying crash
>>
Where exactly do I find fucking tainted soil? There's none of it in the nether, trees just grow on netherrack. Could this be intentional by the modpack author?
>>
>>205269786
beta 1.8, so seven years ago
>>
>>205231658
Happily alone.
>>
>>205270210
Maybe with the rest of the taint, in the taint biome?
>>
File: 1481838552353.jpg (130 KB, 1078x732)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>205270429
fug
>>
>>205270765
Natura taint not thaumcraft.
>>
What's a good mod for automating farms?
>>
>>205270210
Try digging a bit of netherrack, more often than not tainted soil will only generate under a layer of it for whatever reason.
>>
>>205270210
there's an incmpatibiliy with bop messing with natura's nether, i think
you should still be able to find a layer of taited soil deep underground
>>
>>205271994
MFR
>>
>>205272518
>>205272938
Thanks, I dug and even quarried the nether and found jack shit so I guess it was disabled intentionally? There's always the sludge boiler...
>>
Anyone know if vines can grow on tile entities?
>>
Anyone played colony survival? Looks like a good version of millenaire but as a standalone game.
>>
File: fuck tainted soil.png (8 KB, 381x206)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>205273370
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>205273313

I'm looking for a decent mod, not bloated garbage that adds a ton of shit that doesn't even fit in.
>>
Omigosh I found a Mesa biome! What do?
>>
I know you can easily automate the botania mana pools using an open crate and something to pick up the items, but how do you automate items that cycle through each other or duplicate themselves? I can't put them on the collector because they will be collected before they drop into the mana pool.
>>
File: 2018-02-14_14.33.16.png (839 KB, 1366x705)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
>>205231658
With you all.
>>
>>205278093
I love those little things the bamboo mod does on certain days.
>>
Any way to prevent passive animals from spawning on grass? I don't like all my flowers being on dirt but I hate animals more
>>
Wow, the Hopperhock makes automating botania a LOT easier.
>>
Would anyone by chance have an automatic mining machine design for FTB Infinity evolved?
>>
>>205280664
... a quarry? lmao
>>
>>205281243
Not a quarry in the traditional sense
>>
>>205281370
>>205281243
More of a tunnel bore.
>>
>>205276689
one craft at a time with blocking mode + delayed pickup
+seperate mana pool for duplicates/cycles.
>>
>>205282313
Thanks, it was a lot easier than that. Turns out hopperhocks know to only pick up items after they are processed by the mana pool, so it's as simple as plopping down one hopperhock. Turns out not many people know this.
>>
>mod adds world generation
>doesn't have a config option to not do that
>>
File: 1470286727974.jpg (69 KB, 625x552)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>205283080
>mod adds its own copper/tin ore
>>
File: 6567567.jpg (62 KB, 700x342)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>
>>205283404
Look at those houses they sure look poorly built
>>
>>205283404
WE
>>
>>205283404
when did minecraft add monkeys
>>
>>205283871
WUZ
>>
File: 2017-12-11_00.58.51.png (67 KB, 1366x705)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>205283871
>>205285756
shaddup
>>
>>205285756
KANGZ
>>
>>205254949
What resource pack is that?
>>
File: 2018-02-14_16.42.24.png (426 KB, 1366x705)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
>>
Anyone have some mods for 1.7.10 that make the world a more dangerous place?
Ideally something that makes building a fortified base more rewarding
Like damage from sunlight, aggressive mobs that could destroy some weaker block hardnesses, maybe harsh environmental effects like acid rain, meteor strikes, earthquakes etc?
>>
>>205288656
Pixel Perfection.
>>
File: Phantom.png (40 KB, 308x180)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>people voted for THIS
>>
>>205291330
Shit's been dead and abandoned for like a year.
>>
File: 1165730444165.jpg (44 KB, 1006x651)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>205293441
Ok? It's already done and on my computer so whatever.
>>
>>205293396
Stop paying attention to memejang, it's easier that way
>>
>>205291293
>Like damage from sunlight
Use Witchery to become a vampire
>>
>>205283612
and yet somehow, still more interesting than the usual testificate houses. weird shit, mang.
>>
>>205291293
Zombie Awareness with the right settings and a good PC can make literal zombie hordes at night. Infernal mobs with the right settings can make a random number of them into fucking nightmare death machines.
>>
The time period between starting in a new modpack and setting up and AE/RS system is absolute torture. Does ANYONE fucking enjoy this? Having to manual mine everything, storing shit in fucking chests, manual crafting everything, it's god awful.
>>
>>205260302
IT was, but it seems it's not compatible with choco dungeons, as they are generated at normal layers while tfc has two extra layers of rock
>>205260118
makes sense kinda sadderino since a friend wanted it
>>
How do I stop hotbar item switching via mousewheel, without creating a GUI? Is there a forge event for that?
>>
>>205291293
I'm not sure if Local Weather has tornadoes or not, but it's the successor to an old tornado mod, so I'd hope so.
>>205294639
>Game is called minecraft
>I hate both crafting and mining
>Let me play this game
>Oh no why am I not having fun?!
>>
>>205295753
I actually have fun during the other hundreds of hours that don't involve any manual mining or crafting. Both autistically hitting rock after rock for hours isn't fun, no.
>>
>>205294434
I was considering Infernal Mobs, but from past experiences it just creates incredibly annoying stat check encounters when they get an really strong combo of modifiers
From what I've heard Zombie Awareness is very heavy on the resource side of things, but it can probably be configured to not be as hard on the old pc
>>205295753
Seems like Local Weather is a part of what I was looking for, thanks!
>>
>>205294639
>>205296153
Gee, it's almost like Gamemode: Creative isn't a thing!
>>
>>205294639
Why not just spawn in some supplies when you start a new world then? That's what I do.
>>
File: Pam's Harvestcraft.jpg (156 KB, 1008x1323)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
So far in the Minecraft snapshot, people have discovered
>debarked logs without getting the stripped bark as an item
>poorly implemented GameStages (tied to advancements)
>poorly implemented ocean everything (kelp counts as air, lets mobs spawn underwater, and cause render errors if they reach the surface)
>half-assed version of item buoyancy where EVERYTHING floats
>>
Guys I found my first Desert Temple and it exploded!
>>
>>205298807
Break the pressure plate at the bottom before you do anything else next time
>>
File: thumb.jpg (34 KB, 800x450)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
4craft mods can literally kill themselves.
>>
>>205298580
>half-assed version of item buoyancy where EVERYTHING floats
I don't think that's a bug anon
>>
>>205299519
Those have to be some pretty porous and low-density rocks the world is made out of, then.
>>
Anyone know why my health isn't regenerating? Neither natural health regen or regeneration potions work but an instant health potion works.
>>
>>205299751
Oh yeah, it's totally senseless. But I think they want ALL items to float
>>
>>205300409
Nevermind, I killed myself and it's regenerating again. Must've just been a fluke.
>>
File: mc-snapshot.jpg (62 KB, 668x589)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>
File: dell-visor[1].png (166 KB, 770x486)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
Has anyone played Minecraft in VR with this specific headset?

I bought it off Amazon and it'll be here in two days. Any advice? Problems you faced?
>>
>>205300994
>squids now shoot ink to defend themselves
Wasn't that something Vazkii put into Quark literally two months ago?
>>
File: squid.png (158 KB, 854x480)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
Reminder that flying squids were an amazing bug and by removing them Mojang proved that they hate fun
>>
>>205303219
they should add that creepers can look and walk through walls. that would be fun
>>
>>205297765
Cause that's cheating. And winners don't use cheats.
>>
How big should my node get before I energize it?
>>
>>205300994
>but no sharks because we don't want people to hunt sharks IRL >:(

these faggots never stop making me groan.
>>
>>205307351
>but no sharks because we don't want people to hunt sharks IRL >:(
Mojang confirmed for shark apologists.
>>
>>205307351
>killing turtles is fine
>but not sharks
Who would ever expect sharks to work for Mojang
>>
>remembered the existence of mana-infused ore among Thermal Whatsit stuff
>add it to oregen
>then replace the recipes for thaumium and manasteel to use mana-infused ingots
Alright time to see how much of an awful idea that was
I kinda like how they need a diamond pickaxe to mine though, adds a tiny bit of progression I guess
>>
>>205308457
replace dirt with diamond ore while youre at it
>>
>>205308523
>replace dirt with diamond ore while youre at it
>can't grow food
>can't grow trees to make tools
>slowly die while not being able to do anything
It's like a Twilight Zone episode
>>
>>205308457
For why?
>>
>>205308457
I'm also considering adding a recipe to convert Flamestring into normal String: surrounding eight String with a Water Bucket makes eight String.
>>
File: 2018-02-15_02.27.14.png (2.16 MB, 1680x1050)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>
File: 2018-02-14_20.33.04.png (731 KB, 1920x1017)
731 KB
731 KB PNG
I can't wait to build into this mountain
>>
>Research my first constellation for Astral Sorcery
>Game crashes when I finish linking the stars together

THE STARS ARE RIGHT
>>
>>205311849
Why is there a floating heart?
>>
>>205312054
I assume it's just a heads up display of my health regeneration because I ate some food. when I get rekt by something it shows other things like an ankle chain when i'm slow because low hp.
>>
File: 2018-02-15_02.39.39.png (1.72 MB, 1680x1050)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>205311074
>>
>>205312150
Are you using hunger overhaul?
>>
>>205312054
>>205312150
It's Ars Magika putting potion icons by the cursor
I think you can move them /amuicfg
>>
>>205312251
I dunno. I just put every optional mod on when i installed augmented triad
>>
I finally did it. I removed Forestry and Binnie's from my modpack.
>>
Is there any reason to move to CraftTweaker if you're on 1.7.10?
>>
>>205312860
The only thing redeemable about forestry is the mail

Binnie can stay because his woodworking stuff is great
>>
>125 mods
>keep finding more I want to add
help
>>
>>205312860
I really want to BEES in this map so I can't do that.
Binnie's is kinda slow and bloated though so I don't have it, I'd rather use Magic Bees alone for bee addons. Kind of a shame too because I'm curious about how much worse than GenDustry its machines have gotten somewhat recently, last time I used it was way back in 1.5 before all the machine changes.
>>
>>205312939
One reason I found when making all my various thaumscripts was being able to use #modloaded - script only runs if mod(s) are found. Good to prevent errors if you remove something, or conditional compat scripts
>eg. #modloaded Thaumcraft hammerz
>>
SFM and Computers ruin the enjoyment of setting up automated contraptions
>>
Any way to make a dispenser always shoot out whatever it has? Currently using a timer set to tick every 0.2 seconds but it's a tad annoying hearing the constant tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
>>
File: node.png (589 KB, 800x696)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
I had my doubts about Gadomancy, but as it turns out it's pretty cool.
>>
>>205313634
A BC gate that checks if there's an item in the inventory and emits a redstone signal if true?
>>
>>205312168
I definitively dig this, keep posting anon.
>>
File: 1510755730790.jpg (40 KB, 599x337)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>205293396
I'm still mad.

>>205303219
Reminder that this could have been Mob B with some tweaking and a modder could have done it in a single night.
>>
>>205313634
Pretty sure there's a vanilla way with a comparator and a repeater, but I can never remember it correctly
>>
>>205313860
Wouldn't that make it shoot out only 1?
>>
>>205314045
I guess you could try a gate with
>item in inventory -> redstone signal on
>redstone signal on -> redstone signal off
Or maybe pointing the signal at a timer with a signal inverter so it only runs when there is a signal instead of the opposite
>>
File: 2018-02-15_03.06.30.png (1.42 MB, 1680x1050)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>205312168
>>
File: 2018-02-15_03.26.59.png (1.31 MB, 1680x1050)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>205314719
last, don't think i will continue this
>>
Is there a mod that can increase the entity despawn range? So you can see mobs from far away
>>
>>205275816
means whoever made this pack hates you and tainted soil, i guess?
>>
>accidentally click arcane pedestal
>pickaxe goes into pedestal
>click to get it back
>nothing
>it disappeared
ok then
>>
do you lads worry about aesthetics first or content?
>>
>>205320017
aesthetics
>>
>>205320017
Venustas
Firmitas
Utilitas
>>
File: 2018-02-15_10.53.34.png (583 KB, 1280x1024)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
Revising block choices for my Wild West town. Eventually I realized that Sandstone is workable but bland, so I changed it up to Sandy Bricks since I now have a way to get tons of Clay. Still not sure if the Chisel Sandstone #17 would stay. There are a lot of things to add inside; it's still a bit plain for a town hall+jail.
>>
>>205320017
I basically hollow out a mountain and then decide on something nice to make from there.
>>
File: map with markers.png (2.14 MB, 1280x1024)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>205320017
It always begins with a makeshift base where everything is shoved inside. Then, as more efficient ways to gather building materials become available, the base is slowly expanded into areas dedicated to specific mods or purposes. It also helps if you already decided on a building style; it saves valuable time tearing everything down because you decided to go from a wood-based town to a skyscraper-filled metropolis.

Pic related is a slightly old version of my modpack world, with markers stating the purpose of all functional areas/buildings.
>>
Is there any way to place multiple heads/skulls at once? Builder wand doesn't work. Cause otherwise I'm gonna have a real rough time filling a 25x25x16 prism with them
>>
>>205322971
so how exactly do you prevent your city from getting absolutely flooded with mobs?
>>
>>205323491
Not him but Thaumcraft lanterns keep light levels above safe levels.
>>
>>205323491
As I proceeded with the game, I slowly implemented game rules. KeepInventory to prevent punishing losses when killed by Special Mobs, MobGriefing turned off to prevent Endermen from picking up blocks and for griefing mobs like Dark Creepers from destroying light sources, and doFireTick turned off or else the Jolts spawning from the Blaze spawner in my mob system or the fire-based Special Mobs would engulf everything in fire.

There's also a reason why there are Cobble Bricks in abundance in this town: they acted as "shape markers" in case something gets caught ablaze. Eventually, I said fuck it and tweaked another gamerule.

In any case, I can just kill the mob threats outright. I already have an Alumite Cleaver than can one-hit any mob with ten hearts of HP and below.
>>
>>205324213
you couldve just said you cheated
>>
>>205324476
And have all kinds of MAWPC-spouting idiots crawling out of the woodwork? I'd rather not say it directly.
>>
>>205324765
Personally I don't think anyone would argue mobgriefing. At this point it's only us autists left actually discussing the game, and no one enjoys cleaning up a creeper hole for literally the 2000th time. KeepInventory you might get some shit for, but personally I think it's fine once you start delving into mods because you have shit on your that might've taken days to make, although I prefer the middleground of gravestone mods so that you still have to actually get back your shit. Fire spread depends on the stuff present in your actual pack honestly.
>>
>>205325260
i would argue mobgriefing, put down a magnum torch you retard
>>
>>205325260
Jolts from Special Mobs, aside from being your typical Blaze, teleport when hit and teleport when attacking players. When teleporting, it summons lightning at the point of teleportation, and it does not count as the same kind of teleporting that can be caught by anti-Enderman teleporting blocks and items.

And KeepInventory is a must for mods that add so much inventory slots that death is losing more items than in vanilla. In the case of TCon and Thaumcraft's Baubles, you lose a TON of things because there's more than ten equipment slots added by those two mods alone.
>>
>>205325583
if only there was an enchantment that let you keep shit after dying
>>
>>205325664
Soulbound doesn't catch all extended inventories though
>>
>>205325664
Doesn't work properly with things in baubles or adventurers gear slots IIRC
>>
>>205325664
Thaumic Horizons lets you make a necklace bauble that catches your entire inventory when you die and spits it out a connected magic mirror. You can also make yourself a replacement body with the curative vat so you can respawn right next to wherever you set up your inventory catching system.
>>
>>205325260
That reminds me of finding random holes when exploring. Do creepers have a chance of spontaneously exploding despite the lack of variables that allow such behavior to happen?
>>
Do you guys play with Better with Mods? I would really like to try it out but I'm afraid that it will just be annoying
>>
>>205329995
Good news, if you hate something, chances are you can disable it. The only thing that you can't disable is the core machines and blocks.
>>
File: 2017-02-22_14.46.59.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>
>>205333240
Fuck I just realized it's been nearly a year and I still haven't finished this library.
>>
File: ABetterLookDotJaypeg.gif (770 KB, 800x517)
770 KB
770 KB GIF
>>205333240
I like that style. You got anymore screenies of that?
>>
ey 10
>>
>>205339406
Nine posts until bump limit. Prepare for new thread, whoever's gonna make the OP.
>>
How to make bigger oceans in ClimateControl?
>>
It's a valentine's miracle, /mcg/

http://millenaire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1301

Millenaire alpha for 1.12
>>
>>205341827
>1.12
nobody gives a fuck anon
>>
>>205341873
yes, keep playing your crashy unmaintained bug-ridden versions
>>
>>205341945
at least I get 60 fps you fucking memefag
>>
>>205341945
>he says while on 1.12
lmao I bet you used 1.8.9 instead of skipping it
>>
>>205342557
I get 60 FPS on an Intel card.

>>205342808
I played on 1.8.0.
>>
>>205340469
>Prepare for new thread
>implying this one won't just fall off the board and have six hours between the creation of the new one
>>
>>205344116
If during our return the next thread won't die out because of too few awake posters, then I don't mind.

Also, down the post limit zone we go!
>>
>>205344516
RIP
I'm going to bed.
>>
File: tincturem.gif (626 KB, 846x457)
626 KB
626 KB GIF
>>205313836
have you mess around with the mirrored jars?
>>
>>205345368
What mod is that aspect from?
>>
Is there a way to list entitys in vanilla?
>>
>>205347558
Tincturem, from Botanical Addon, requiring Botania and Thaumcraft.
>>
>>205348654
Oops, sorry, it doesn't require Thaumcraft, just Botania
>>
>fatally missing registry entries
what the hell
>>
File: llama_dance.gif (246 KB, 180x280)
246 KB
246 KB GIF
>>205344116

New thread, off you go.

>>205353204
>>205353204
>>205353204

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.