[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1430673930917[1].jpg (274 KB, 1366x768)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
xycraft edition
old >>227217495

1. WELCOME
We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS
>[18 aug 2018] micro$hit "clamps down on sick 'Momo suicide game' in minecraft"
>[15 aug 2018] asie releases protocharset for 1.13 Rift, forge is on suicide watch once again
>[20 jul 2018] asie "releases" an x86 emulator for OC -> https://git.asie.pl/asie/lunatic86
>[18 jul 2018] Update Aquatic comes out, it's so shit people actually admit it's time to stop and wait for fixes from mojang/forge
>[23 jan 2018] Thaumcraft beta on 1.12 NOW
>[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
https://multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html
...or use modified cmpdl

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread) (plz stop delet)
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
https://mcforge.readthedocs.io

>how2dostuff for newfags
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uB3CevmJC9v8IM2eP_hlRmuL-Qc70tGetR_s_hAElGM

>Ideas & Inspiration
http://mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
http://elworrier.imgur.com/
http://imgur.com/a/JPif9
http://imgur.com/a/NeywO

>Cracked MultiMC, both are 0.6.2 from the beta branch
Linux: https://anonfile.com/q9zbf7febf/MultiMC5_Niddhoggr_0.2.tar.gz
Windows: https://anonfile.com/w217haebbc/MultiMCrack.7z
>>
File: stumps2 (1).png (715 KB, 717x583)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>
https://git.gregtech.overminddl1.com/GregTech-6/GT6

Who wants to help fix gregtech?
>>
File: .png (3.2 MB, 1920x1080)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB PNG
>>
>>227615042
if it ain't broke, fix it until it is broke
>>
shill me on Bibliocraft
>>
Hey gregfags, clarify something for me. The amount of waiting I have to do to run steam machines is bugging me. Could I use a fluid tank as a "steam battery," machines only drawing as much as they can use, and store large amounts of the stuff so I don't have to fire up the coal boiler to crush a single ingot? Or is there some sort of steam power loss at work here?
>>
>>227616413
I used railcraft tank
no loss for steam(unless you produce more than you can consume/transport)
>>
>>227616413
it's an old gt5 meme to use a big railcraft iron tank as steam storage since it auto ejects from valves on the underside at speeds sufficient to run steam machines. it's practical up until you reach HV tier. at that point you need to either move to large steam boilers directly connected to turbines, or switch to fossil fuels.

storing steam in gt6 is absolutely haram.
>>
>>227616587
>storing steam in gt6 is absolutely haram
Other anon - is it not meant to be possible, does it not work, or what?
>>
>>227616772
it goes against greg's design principles and steam cannot be stored in any of greg's own fluid tanks or containers. while it is possible to use a railcraft tank to store gt6 steam, you should feel unclean if you do so.
>>
>>227616875
>railcraft tank to store gt6 steam

Absolutely filth, especially since there's a critical bug involving GT6 liquid containers and Railcraft tanks
>>
>>227616875
With Railcraft tanks, that makes sense. It should just turn to water. But what about things like EnderTech tanks, or anything else that uses ender pearls in the crafting rather than just high pressure?
Although there's probably still "you're getting around the automation puzzle I built" salt.
(Personally not using GT6 right now.)
>>
>>227591807
It's GTNH, so mods are RTG with biomesoplenty.
>>
>>227617696
>RTG ded before it came out of alpha
>Realistic Terrain Generation was successor, but still different

I wonder what happened to Ted80. Greatest 1.7.10 mystery.
>>
File: 1536648513048.webm (2.67 MB, 853x480)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB WEBM
>>
>>227617607
if you're not using gt6 then you shouldn't care

in gt5, even individual steam machines and boilers have internal steam buffers large enough to store steam for several minutes of work, so adding a tank between them is no big deal.

in gt6 the steam buffers are just large enough for one or two ticks of work, and the automation puzzle is centered on converting power from one form to another to another in amounts that fit within the tolerances of the machines available to you at your current point in the tech tree. adding a tank between a boiler and a turbine means you don't need to match the power levels of the two machines exactly, bypassing that part of the puzzle.
>>
>small freezes occasionally
welp
bibliocraft is out, maids might have to be out too
Do you need Powersuits for anything in the pack? I like it, but the toaster hungers.
>>
>>227618395
It was a good video
>>
>>227619567
How many gigs of ram do you have? I run almost 30 fps constantly with 3.5 allocated, but I disabled almost everything in optifine (fog and clouds too, plus rain) and have sight set at 7 (short+).
>>
>>227619567
woops, forgot
pack is PFAA, in case anyone is confused
i'm not a robot, google, you don't need to make me solve your AI in order to prove that
I feel like captchas will get harder and harder as AI programs get better
>>
>>227620120
4 total, sadly
I guess if I used a light *buntu, I could feed the beast a little more RAM
>>
>>227620120
What the fuck how much of a RAM hog are these mods
>>
>finally turned thousands of nuggets into 400 ingots, then cooked 150 iron ingots into steel ingots with my automated blast furnace
>My IE coke oven, that has been running nonstop for 60 in-game days turning logs into about 1800 pieces of charcoal, has barely managed to produce enough to cook the entire thing
I might might need to look into an idustrial coke oven.
>>
>>227620462
It's a lot of tech mods.
A lot.
>>
>>227620484
Are IE coke ovens expensive? If not, parallelization.
>>227620324
Also, I allocate 2600M, the 4GB RAM in task manager is almost full, but not quite.
>>227620462
TFC of course, and a lot of mods. Was probably foolhardy of me to try running it.
The mods with decent file size(no idea how to measure ram usage):
TerraFirmaCraft
Techguns
Matter Overdrive
Mekanis
OpenComputers
Advanced Rocketry
AdvancedLightsabers
PneumaticCraft
Chisel
IndustrialCraft2
Factorization
Foundry
ProjectRed suite
Railcraft
Immersive Engineering
IHL(IC2 addon)
Forestry
AE2
OpenBlocks
BuildCraft
Magneticraft
There's still a large amount of smaller mods.
>>
>>227620923
>tfw just run vanilla with optifine
>>
>>227620923
I didn't even know running TFC and techguns together would work. How is techguns' generation in TFC?
>>
>>227614808
So i've been playing on this server (play.malmc.us) it's a vanilla server with some plugins not many people play it currently and it could use some extra folks if anyone would want a just laid back none factions server i have more than enough resources to give anyone who wants to join a big headstart in doing whatever you wanna do.
>>
Maid mod removed.
I don't even know if it will run anyway.
>>227620997
No InventoryTweaks or MouseTweaks or other little mods? gooby pls.
>>227621065
Dungeons or such might be disabled, standard oregen is of course disabled, I've not gotten far in the other pack I started with Techguns in it. I've just been exploring a little bit, with cheated in food and water sac, and Peaceful Surface. There's Ore Clusters, they seem to spawn next to other ore. There's a custom ore gen slider, I set it to max occurrence and size.

>select boats
don't mock me not being able to have ShinColle in the pack because toaster
>>
>>227621065
It's got ore clusters clusters to make up for the sheer amount of materials needed, but they spawn in singletsandcan't be picked up so ore collection is still limited to around 25/30 ingots/hour at best.
>>
I wonder if you could enable techguns' dungeons retroactively.
>>
>>227623015
terrain re-generation mod for updating your old worlds when?
>>
what the heck I didn't know shincolle created anime girls
do they serve a purpose
>>
do they just attack stuff
that's gay as heck I'm disabling it
>>
>>227625417
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This mod adds cute ship girls.
can't read? must be a hard life
>>
>>227625569
I heard something about shincolle in the thread but I only saw monstergirls instead of anime trash
>>
Favored pocket dimension mods? I've been fond of Tardis simply because of how polished it is, but I could use something a bit more laid back for the nomad life, but a bit more advanced than Nomadic Tents.
>>
>moddedshit
>>
File: Screenshot (939).png (101 KB, 1920x1080)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>227625913
come vanilla with anons
>>
>>227626161
>1.13.1
>>
How many of you have autism?
>>
>vanilla
>>
>>227626367
I don't even know how to test for it or what will knowing i have it give me. I clearly don't have a "good" kind of autism, i actually think im just an idiot and lazy and think im autistic just because i barely talk to people.
>>
File: shit.jpg (82 KB, 640x640)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>modded
>>
>not playing kitchen sink pack but only using vanilla mechanics and tools
>>
File: 4YOFRnL8abI.jpg (46 KB, 460x800)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>227626879
Okay this is epic
>>
>tfw you build a techguns rawket lawnchair turret to deal with intruders
>tfw you forgot the RL you installed on the turret still had a tac nuke in it
>tfw you forgot to close the door
>>
Is there a way to pre-generate chunks/world for GTNH pack?(it's 1.7 pack) Couldn't find anything that actually works with mods, especially greg.
>>
>>227574164
Don't forget about [snovillage] at the left.
But they all suck except bottom right, so i guess i demolish them and enslave their villagers, i wonder if leads work or how do i even transport them.
>>
File deleted.
It's me again. I cleaned up my storage area thanks to some filing cabinets (even though I'll probably just use 4 patrition drawers for most of these since cabinets don't actually show the contents just by hovering over them, which makes them impractical) so I can finally see the outside again through my windows and I also managed to use the b-space fork (connects two barrels' contents together, with one barrel acting as an input and the other as an output) and grated hoppers (that only let pig iron, which gets sent back up to the filing cabinet on top of the furnace and then another grated hopper that lets steel pass through and connects to another regular hopper with hopper ducts to bring it to surface level) to fully automate steel production in the improved blast furnace.
Also I smelted a shitload of ore and moved most of the ingots that were stacking higher than the ceiling into barrels.
>>
yeah I'd rather just do everything back with drawers. That looks like ass.
>>
File: unknown (2).png (35 KB, 286x300)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
did somebody say drawers?
>>
>>227631730
draw-ers
>>
File: 1521486125155.jpg (23 KB, 390x363)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
why did i have to install ic2 exp
>>
>>227590238
Explicitly. Maybe my google already knows what I'm looking for but they're both on steam, with silly little intro videos
>>
>>227595789
>>227594502
In order to have a functional forge, you need to have vision to the sky within a few blocks of it.
>>
>use ftb launcher for a while
>move to multimc
>move modpack save over to multimc instance folder
>all my hardcore questing mode progress is reset

does anyone know where it keeps jt's quest data? i copied the entire save folder (and it has HardcoreQuesting/Players.dat in it) yet it doesn't seem to be coming over
>>
>>227637920
I mean you could also use an electric forge.
>>
>>227640180
When you get to that point...
>>
Haven't played SevTech: Ages before, is it any good, and should i even bother getting it?
>>
>>227609821
bamboo forest from biomes o plenty
>>
>>227642173
it's trash, don't bother
>>
File: 2018-09-11_17.26.03.png (714 KB, 1920x1027)
714 KB
714 KB PNG
how the hell do I make the outer wall look good? I can't find anything that goes well with the scaffolds
>>
File: Untitled-.png (869 KB, 1920x1027)
869 KB
869 KB PNG
>>227645247
gotta put some re-enforcement on that loose sand anon
granted the torches arent as big a fire hazard as before
>valuable diamond chest unsecured
>>
File: 0573ebb9.png (101 KB, 1366x705)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>227625643
It adds animu girls and animu monstergirls
The "abyssal" ones are your friends in the mod
The not-abyssal ones spawn as hostile, I think at beaches if you have married a shipgirl, letting you not get wrekt if you haven't gotten into the mod yet
Google images image since I'm not playing the instance I have ShinColle in right now
>>
>>227645247
I like that subtle border between stone and whatever block used for flooring.
>>
File: Caputre7.png (82 KB, 608x399)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>install Forever Stranded
>misgivings about font choice and blurb wording
>ignore
>start
>it's Crash Landings but designed by an asshole in a lag version
>tired ass inexplicable heat mechanic, lovingly handcrafted though utterly functionally useless chisel and bits spaceship plus random top tier food and potion
>2 apples
>sand
>fuck all else
>hoi boi it is me ur BEttEr QueSTiNG! aren't you glad it's not HQM-nana?
>bad grammar and brain dead storyline
>unga unga i[sic] crash[sic] spessship[sic] again[sic?!?] whoo boy here i go again[siiiiiic]
>how the fuck are 90% of writers so bad at first person
>couldn't you just fucking have someone proofread your quests? you already stole 149 mods to make donut steel- it's not like you'll lose creative control

>hurf durf better get the emergency supplies
>shit yes, future shit, we space gangsters now
>sapling and bonemeal
>...
>it's just fucking ex nihilo in a box
>can't forget everyone's best friend
>coarse dirt
>what is it with quest mods and coarse fucking dirt
>scenery is MORE functionally useless chisels and bits garbage
>dig around "spaceship wreckage"
>a chest
>a single, glimmering book in it
>haha xd try again
>literally immediately taunting players for exploring the max autism scenery they created
>night falls
>had time to chop down 1 tree, grab best friend and head for higher ground
>step assist kicking in now
>god I hate fucking built in step assist
>glitch up to the top of the ship because of it
>swarmed by literally forty ni-Husks
>wait it out
>daytime
>doesn't kill the husks
>have two trees worth of wood (got another during the night) and TiCo to work with
>hatchetmurder
>die twenty times punching seven assholes to death in respawn point
>anything that can bumrush a pressure pad door can get in there
>game literally laughs at you every time you die
>finally done
>next
>my least favorite mechanic, eating fucking silkworms
>uninstall

What did I do wrong mcg?
>>
>>227645247
Some chisel torches would look fantastic here. The lightbulb ones maybe. Glass panes? More memeshit to install, but there are some absolutely gorgeous oversized doors you could use to the right there in some packs. Carpenters would also let you do some wild shit with garage doors, etc.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.04 MB, 1920x1027)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>227645247
>>
>>227647675
>dead body outline
cool
>>
>>227647772
probably dead of smoke inhalation or perhaps crushed by soggy-sand-death
>>
>>227604574
those are usually pretty easy to spot once you've had it happen once, at least. free bombs!

>>227614808
>how_not_to_xycraft.jpg
it is unfortunate that soaryn turned into another "I'm totally gonna update this, honest" type.
>>
>>227616875
>no heated pressure vessels allowed
grag. graaaaag. what are you doing grag. graaaaaag!
>>
File: 2018-09-11_18.05.27.png (496 KB, 1920x1027)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>>227646320
don't look outside, it's WIP

>>227647634
I have lighting figured out, I can't decide on which blocks to use to make the outer wall look good, nothing goes well with factory blocks it seems. Putting window in there is not an option since that would ruin the atmosphere inside

>>227647675
who would want to have a picnic in the petrochemistry department?
>>
>>227619179
why does "make machines do stuff" need to be a puzzle, anyway. this isn't The Incredible Machine.
>>
>>227647370
you tried to play a premade modpack. worse, a premade modpack built on the principles of ex nihilo, questbooks, and trying to enforce themes and goals upon the sandbox.
>>
>>227648265
>who would want to have a picnic in the petrochemistry department?
Probably the petrochemists.
>>
>>227621316
Without meidos:
35% ram, increases bit by bit then GCs back down to 35%
With meidos:
40% ram, same
Yay!
Seems that Bibliocraft takes more ram than meidos, even with soundpack and model pack stuff. Partly due to all of Biblio's variations on items, I gusss, especially with BiblioWoodsTFC.
>>227625643
>not expecting weebery on 4chan
>>227626443
Autism is only one category of disorder, there's depression, obsessive compulsive, ADD, ADHD, social anxiety, and more. So it could be something, that isn't autism. Don't take that wrongly, it just means that your particular imperfection(we all have them) might have been noticed in others and there might be help.
If you *can* talk to people, that's well off compared to some with autism.
>>227647370
Not researching the pack more before starting.
>>227648091
He should just open source it, it's obvious he'd rather stream than mod dev, that's his choice to do, but information wants to be free
>>227648340
It's grag, so it is.
Also, some think that minecraft machines should be that, and that that's objectively the best way.
See: Botania.
Gonna vomit now.
>>
>>227642792
Alright, any actually GOOD tech and automation mods you could recommend me besides GTCE?
>>
>>227649461
just play GTNH like everyone else
>>
>>227647370
I like how the pack's dev somehow got even more retarded with time.
>Feeling cocky in this part of the galaxy will end up getting you killed. After escaping the treacherous heat of the vast desert planet on your last adventure, you got the ship up and running again. While using the hyperdrive to venture into uncharted space, you thought all was fine and dandy until… sirens shot off, piercing your brain like a sharp dagger. You stumbled over to the control panel to find out what the issue was and noticed that the damn hyperdrive had went into meltdown. With wrench in hand, you rush over to the hyperdrive core and try to fix any part of it that you can, but you are too late. The ship shook violently, causing all sorts of mechanical problems. With no hope left, your survival instincts had kicked in and urged you to try and use the working engine power to thrust your way out. The engines roared and threw the ship off course, plummeting the vessel out of hyperspace and into a blackhole. With low engine power and time needed to fix the hyperdrive, you had given up and let the abyss of the black hole determine your fate, thus, turning on the autopilot while you continued to tinker with the hyperdrive. The ship began shaking violently once more, throwing your body into the ceiling, knocking you out cold. Luckily, the auto pilot had done it's job and managed to land the ship safely on a nearby world. You rise from your slumber to the smell of foreign burning gasses, the sounds of faint screams, and the concept that you are in hell. Stepping out of your ship, you look around you and notice that you are not quite in hell, but you might as well be. It might be a good time to hang up the keys to flying ships and work on getting a proper piloting license, because you are apparently the worse pilot in the galaxy
how do you even
Also it's great how when you get out of the nether, the pack is literally a generic kitchen sink with quests
>>
>>227649461
Oops i actually meant to ask if there are any good tech and automation MODPACKS besides GTNH.
>>
>>227650741
nope
go play GTNH
>>
File: 9f1.png (420 KB, 473x540)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
How do I configure ore gen to have diamond ore spawn inside chisel's basalt?
>>
>>227650741
Most anything would be better than subjecting yourself to GregTech with other mods gregged.
BlastOff with Enviromine and Infernal Mobs disabled.
Or some RotaryCraft pack.
>>
>>227649708
DW20 and Pahi dropped it like a rock in favor of SevTech
>>
smeltery tip: place more lava tanks spaced around to light up larger smelteries
>>
File: world aids day.png (52 KB, 1000x500)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>
>>227646452
yes I saw those tail thingies and I thought they'd be all weird freaky cute monsters
>>
File: 1536480177358.jpg (53 KB, 264x224)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>227647370
This is what happens when you actually play gay memepacks instead of watching some unfortunate soul play one episode for you and understanding that yes, this is fucking shit
>>
>>227647370
and I STILL don't know where that comic is from
I asked you last time too
>>
>>227649046
how do meidos work, especially in TFC? Can I make them cut wood for me? Because the alternative is robits and I need to get to the lategame for opencomputers
>>
>>227625861
dimdoors is a classic

a spooky, nightmare filled classic, but still a classic
and the pocket dimensions that you create are safe... i think?
>>
>>227648265
Support struts, signs, railways to nowhere(bonus points if you can get them to actually ship something worth shipping) or even lagtastic pipes-what-have-visible-items. Find a decorating pack that lets you do stupid stuff with pipes and valves and shit instead of trying to make chisel carry the whole load. Biblio- or Deco-craft
>>
>>227654023
I don't think they can cut wood for you, sadly.
They are mostly for cute, they can fight mobs using weapons, but TFC health and damage numbers are way out of wack. You'd have to up their health, but even then they only regen 1 health per sugar, and need sugar to continue working for you.
(You have to recontract them with another cake if they run out of sugar. If they have tons of health, they'll probably burn through their sugar.)
Which is why I'm considering not just upping their health, but making them invincible if possible, using MobProperties.
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/9400-how-to-edit-mobs-hp-and-damage/
http://fathertoast.wikia.com/wiki/Mob_Properties
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/mob-properties
They also can place torches, probably won't work with TFC torches, you'd have to make Minecraft torches craftable using MineTweakerRecipeMaker. They can shear sheep, probably won't work with TFC sheep. Bit of a pattern here.
>>
>>227649046
>BiblioWoodsTFC
but why? you have framed furniture
>>
>>227655281
because paintings.
Signpic doesn't work in TFC for some reason.
>>
>>227655160
If you want maids without going through Mob Properties, there's a mod called Peaceful Surface, Dangerous Caves. Makes the surface safe, besides a couple mobs appearing from caves and crags. I feel like it's fairly reasonable with TFC.
Also, even if they could cut wood(which they can't, giving them an axe lets them kill passives), it probably wouldn't work with TFC trees.
>>
wait shit it works
>>
>>227626367
I wonder to this day.
>>
>>227648674
>>227649046
>>227649708
>>227653743

>playing games and expecting them to be good
>820K downloads

Why waste twenty minutes listening to some pitch-shifted rainbow-fade shill their new series while they take forever to punch the same three fucking logs of wood we've all been through a thousand fucking times and then inevitably end the first episode in a cliffhanger mentioning they've heard a lot of good things about this pack and are totally going to be learning as they go along so tune in next time when they make a batch of vanilla tools, get some wheat together and avoid all the new worldgen stuff to avoid spoiling future episodes when I can just... Fucking... Torture myself for twenty minutes(but like, without feeling weird that I haven't got pants on?)

>>227653905
That'd be Between Failures, a slice of retail-life webcomic which has gone through two stylistic change/upgrades as well as incremental drawing skill progress across what has to be like ten years now. Verges on the edge of thinking about cheesecake, sometimes glosses over the heartwarming acceptance of mediocrity and dicks around pushing any plot out in favor of the author self-inserting a plodding saccharine ham-fisted romance C-plot with his imaginary plus size redhead girlfriend.

There are no lolis in this modpa- comic.

3/7 with rice would swipe clips of blowhard visiting furry convention unknowingly trying to strike up awkward conversation with sister from to post on imageboards out of context again.
>>
>>227656556
Context: Said C-plot dithering has been ongoing for at least THREE YEARS now. I just recently binged it to catch up after that personal hiatus. Dick. In. Hand. Try some good shit like Paranatural
>>
Sign Pic vs Online Picture Frames
which is better and why?
>>
>>227657087
Signpic is good
OPF I never heard of
>>
File: loli leaves.png (546 KB, 920x775)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>>227656556
>There are no lolis

>>227657047
I remember paranatural being shit years ago for a long time after ghost train and I dropped it
>>
>>431198542
some dingus made a minecraft thread
>>
>>227656556
>Why waste twenty minutes listening to some pitch-shifted rainbow-fade shill their new series
Because you could watch pahimar and direwolf dissing eachother like a married couple instead.
>>
>right clicking a techgun reinforced chest with a wrench drops it as an item with its content still inside
>also has a good chance of nuking your renderer, crashing the game, roll a dice
at least this doesn't delete the chest but fucking hell it's annoying
>>
I see we've got another /co/neeisseur
>>
>>227656556
Skip around through the video, you needn't watch the whole thing through to get an idea of if it is crap.
>>
>>227656556
Lost Souls was very popular for a short while because I guess people were starved for big quest packs at that point, and maybe also because apparently nobody had ever heard about Skillable before. Then shortly after most people realized that Skillable is literally pure grind and that the pack loses any uniqueness it might have had once you leave the nether, SevTech came out and completely murdered its popularity by being even more unique (for a while at least).
>>
I can't find any clay, I don't see the clay flowers.
>>
>>227661010

Look for them somewhere else then

how do I work with signpicture? I tried pressing \ while holding the sign in my hand but nothing is happening
>>
>>227661010
Try finding somewhere where the dirt is less dry.
>>
>>227662341
Check your controls, something might be conflicting.
>>
>>227663095
the strange thing is that I can't find the mod in the controls. I found the key just by examining the sign in NEI.
>>
oh cool the underdark still works in tfc too
>>
File: 2018-09-11_22.25.27.png (470 KB, 1920x1025)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
Work you piece of shit
>>
Oh that's fun online picture crashed my game
so uh
don't use it with tfc
>>
What modpack should I use for 1.12?
>>
oh hey I managed to install it now
>>
>>227662371
Yep, I found somewhere with grass instead of dry grass, and that's where I found clay.
It was at -13K, spawn is at -12K
Wondering if that's where wetter/cooler biomes are supposed to be according to the TFC coordinate thing, or if I was just unlucky with everywhere mostly being dry where I went
>>
File: teef.png (729 KB, 1920x1025)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
yeah this is great
>>
>>227664053
press \ while targeting the sign dingus
>>
>>227667516
It kept calling my \ "NONE" and refused to work with them until I switched to f10, but I could only change the key after removing and reinstalling it
>>
>>227667671
Minecraft is retarded and doesn't let you use some keys, yeah. If you're on 1.12 or if you get the key combinations mod on 1.7.10 you can use ctrl+key or things like that though.
>>
>>227667481
"resource hungry"
>>
File: 1519488605311.png (407 KB, 572x794)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>227668292
You. I like you.
>>
I'm trying to switch from TFC's bullshit trees to forestry's trees so I don't need to do the whole dumb "scythe all these leaves off to get the saplings" but I can't see a recipe for them that doesn't start out with vanilla trees.

Do I need to debug myself a jungle tree sapling or is there a less cheaty way
>>
File: 1375166510494.png (20 KB, 560x407)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>try geolosys
>create new creative world
>it disables normal oregen
>iron ore requires diamond to mine
>find no kimberlite nuggets after 30 minutes of flying around
why would this be the default config?
>>
>>227668842
there are arborist villagers than you can trade with to get saplings, then you breed those together using bees to get new kinds of trees
a wild tree of a type will always be a pureblood so there is no point analyzing wild ones other than to keep track of which saplings are which
>>
>>227669086
No villagers or villages in TFC sadly
I'm debugging myself a jungle sapling and will work a way of using block placers/breakers to make an automated tree farm
>>
>>227670225
yeah we fixed that half an hour ago
>>
I CAN STILL SEE YOUR SHAME

This is amazing. Just four units of bonemeal give me a bunch of stacks of jungle wood, plus the pack has treecapitator so there's no bullshit
Put a vacuum hopper next to the saplings and you're set forever
>>
>>227670824
What's that spoilered meme?
>>
>>227619567
i had freezes every few second and then i installed like 3 different optimization mods
>>
>>227673117
Yeah me too it used to run like shit even with 3.5 G but then I installed betterfps and optifine and now the whole pack runs at 1 G of ram average
>>
File: 1533071225558.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1017)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>
>>227675404
On a scale of Elon Musk to Demi Lovato, how high are you?
>>
>>227673117
>>227673350
1.7 or 1.12?
>>
>>227675945
1.7, really large pack called PFAA
>>
File: 2018-09-11_23.34.35.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
This games makes me feel so lonely :(
>>
>>227677974
Reminds me of an area on 2b2t where I hid a dupe stash
>>
>>227678050
this pic was taken on an other anarchy server
>>
>>227678182
Huh, what a coincidence
>>
File: 2018-09-11_15.46.30.png (1.62 MB, 1920x1028)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>
hey dumbo did you forget to turn your render distance up before taking the screenshot
>>
>>227677974
every game makes me feel lonely
t. "functional" autist virgin with no friends
>>
>>227681579
Add friends, then play with them
It's that easy
>>
>>227680689
>not reducing your render distance to pretend you have a really comfy foggy day
>>
>>227677974
the only "lonely" part of mc for me is not having a squad to back me up in dungeons
sometimes i wonder why i don't just play doom instead, then i remember that DRLA still didn't get updated
>>
>>227668948
That "diamond level" means cabaple of mining diamonds, aka iron. Not all types of iron are that tier, just the bigger ones.
>>
>>227650894
Ore stone variants
>>
File: 1500335516049.gif (2.8 MB, 484x373)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB GIF
>>227657047
>good shit like paranatural
>anything ghost train and onwards
Anon pls
>>
are IC2 and BuildCraft even good in modern Minecraft or should I just drop them and use other tech mods?
>>
>Digging around in the nether because i want to visit the jungle
>Have all my stuff packed in satchels
>Hit a pocket of lava
>Oh shit better put some stone down
>Jump into a boat instead
>Burn to death
>>
What's a good space mod pack? Like, I don't have to go through tons of other stuff to do space I get to go right to it.
>>
>>227685721
moonquest :^)
>>
>>227684337
IC2 is just bad
BC is underpowered in a kitchen sink pack, other mods have decided on an ease and power level that is much higher than BC
So I disagree with the apparent way of thinking about it, as though easier and bigger numbers is better, but it isn't really useful in most packs
BC isn't bad, for instance you could make a pack focusing on it, Forestry, Immersive Engineering, etc. But Railcraft isn't in 1.12 yet, so that's be a bit difficult.
>>227685721
Galactic Science
>>
>>227686571
>>227685781
What about this one I see called Lapito's Galacticraft ?
>>
>>227682863
I used a stone pick and an iron pick and it destroyed the block, no iron nuggy was produced
only diamond worked on the geolosys iron ore
>>
File: 2018-09-11_20.16.34.png (395 KB, 1920x1017)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
So, in GTNH, how do I actually use the Mine & Blade 2 weapon slots? Saving the hotbar space would be really nice, but I don't know how to ready the weapons I have in my slots. I don't see any keybind configs either in the controls menu or the M&B config, but maybe I'm just blind.
One of the first equipment I crafted was this shield, and I still haven't figured out how to use it.
>>
>>227686571
Note that I don't think Extreme Reactors is bad. But that, and BC not using RF, doesn't make it "outdated". BC could be considered dated for other reasons. Putting a redstone engine, and a lever on it, on a wooden pipe to extract....
Feels a little pointless. I also think needing a giant loop to send items back to start, and no jamming system to prevent overflow, is dumb. Basically, BC pipes were a dumb design idea and the principles behind them are dumb and it's dumb to continue with this design philosophy; RedPower style tubes, Logistics Pipes, AE/RS, or get out. I think that, due to server file size limitations, people having played the game a lot, and repitition, the idea of using oil constantly is outdated, but they decided "eh, Forestry does the renewable energy stuff so we shouldn't change our mechanics".
(Also maybe you shouldn't make your mechanics such that the thing killing the habitability of the planet in real life is the only way to go, combustion engines can't be automated in vanilla without a block breaker, the only vanilla version of which is a wither. Though dried kelp will change that in like 2 years when forge 1.13 is out.)
>>227687153
I know there's more than one ore that drops iron. It is dumb, though.
>>
>>227687878
arent there logic gates that detect when a combustion engine is too hot allowing you to run them safely
>>
>>227688157
Gates are mid-late game. If you're building machines, why shouldn't you be allowed to automatically control them? That's the point of tech mods, so why gate the real content behind not-content?
Though sufficient pumps do make it run without explosions(and they made it so it doesn't remove water so none of the chunkloading bugs or other weirdness should break it), it won't let you automatically turn them off when there's no work to do without getting into gates, which take a lot of time without many engines and lasers.
>>
>>227683884
What makes the ghost train arc and everything after it bad?
>>
File: orestonevariants.png (2 KB, 240x91)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>227683119
do you know anything about config? I want the basalt diamond ore to be fairly common
>>227684337
BC is ok but the Thermal franchise has taken everything it did and done it better plus more, except I think the thing that digs a big hole. Doing that is gay though.
IC2 was always terrible. People only tolerated it because it had the creatio ex nihilo of UU matter. EnvTech and Industrial Foregoing have bedrock miners, Botania has orechids and conjuration, and these mods have much more enjoyable progression. If you liked old Greg and really want that feel use Tech Reborn. It uses RF and doesn't explode by default. Has functional dragon egg siphon and I think UU matter works too.
>>
File: 1503705970671.jpg (749 KB, 623x9865)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
>>227690048
The artstyle became this boring overdone beanhead style /co/ loves to colloquially call calarts, the color palette going from vibrant and pleasing to washed out and barely colored, backgrounds no longer being bothered with and instead just a bunch of gradients that make the comic go from bookstore worthy to amateur shit, and that's just the art.
The story went from simple arcs that actually ended into this convoluted mess of plotlines that wind on forever, compounded with the fact that the pacing and content density per page became basically nonexistent and the consistency of pages being churned out drastically reduced now that he has a cushy tumblr following giving him constant patreon bux. There's also the addition of several superfluous characters that merely serve to tickle the fanbase's fancy.
The saddest thing to me is how zack (his name? iirc) went from giving a shout out to 4chan for deciphering what possessed MC said to the door guy, into proclaiming on twitter about how he tries his best to do the opposite of what /co/ says. It's pretty suspicious how his artstyle eventually became much more similiar to his girlfriend's wbecomic too, maybe even worse, though I haven't bothered with that shitshow for years except from excerpts on /co/'s catalog and /mcg/, apparently, so I don't know how much of what I said's true anymore
>>
>>227687823
Look for the Draw Weapons and Special (iirc? Should be right next to each other. It's for shield bash) bindings
>>
I'm thinking on making 2b2t-like Nether railways on my SP. Do they work better at y=120 (almost the top) or y=6 (almost the bottom)?
>>
>>227691965
Aha, I AM blind! Thanks, anon. This'll be very handy once I'm brave enough to turn off Peaceful.
>>
File: 1485722029487.png (177 KB, 697x768)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>227692306
>peaceful
>not turning keepInventory true and mobGriefing false
>>
>>227654665
I've got dimdoors, actually. Slight issue is that unless I grab a quartz door, it isn't very portable for the nomad life.
>>
>>227692492
That's what I'd normally do, but I live in a huge village (big enough to have spawned naturally with multiple iron golems) that's almost impossible to fully light up and defend. Once I'm in a spot to light up the whole place in a way that doesn't look like shit, I'll be more than willing to play on Normal. I also turn it back to normal when I'm doing Roguelike Dungeons, because otherwise that's unfun *and* cheaty, instead of just the latter.
>>
>>227692492
>mobGriefing false
wtf why would you do that?
>>
>>227692653
And even if you light up everything, Mojang implemented some retarded zombie siege mechanic that will fuck your day no matter light levels.
>>
>>227692819
>unsightly creeper holes
>endernigs
>any other mod mobs or mechanics which use it
I fucking wonder
>>
>>227693310
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/better-mobgriefing-gamerule
>>
>>227693310
i know i used to do that but it also disables villager farming
use Creeper Confetti instead, Enderbasketball-american only pick up dirt so it shouldn't be a problem, and disable terrain damage for a mod added by a mod in the mod config
>>
>>227693930
>>227693794
>:(
>>
>techguns zombies/skeletons aren't undead AAAAAA WHY
how can you miss something like that? (especially considering that the space bugs count as arthropods)
>>
>>227692492
>>227692819
>playing with early grave mod
>feel invincible since my shit is safe
>get gangbanged by creepers
>first explosion
>ded
>second explosion breaks the grave, items fly everywhere
>unbeknownst third creeper had gotten shot by skelly during
>steps into view and promptly explodes
>corpse run
>recover only my enchanted diamond boots and two bread
>>
>>227695018
They're Doom-style demon-posessed zombos, not necromancy.
>>
>PFAA changelog
>Removed chunk pregenerator since it does not work with TFC
*sigh*
Is there something that will automatically load chunks as if you are visiting them, so that it's compatible with everything? I just want chunk generation automated, doesn't have to be fancy, just has to work with TFC and CustomOreGen(techguns clusters).
Might try angel ring and a macro that holds down W, maybe apply slowness or speed depending on chunk gen speed.
>>
>>227695750
maybe he should have made them look more like doom's former humans/chaingunners than your classical mc zombies, then
and even then, i'm pretty sure former humans are still proper undead
>>
>>227695794
Couldn't you just script something that repeatedly teleports a player around through the console?
>>
What are some good magitech mods? Aside from the obvious.
>>
>your mojang account password has been changed

Just reset my password for all my important stuff. Am I in the clear now?
>>
>>227697170
All I can think of that are explicitly magitech are Psi and some TC4/5 addons (really, thaumcraft in general, but the addons are more explicit about the tech parts). If those are "the obvious," I apologize for wasting your time. In my opinion, the real magitek feel is in the combination of your mods. I recommend shooting for one of two themes:
- super sci-fi futuristic where the lines of magic and technology, with mods like AR, Mekanism, Matter Overdrive, et al, or...
- clunky, lower-tech mods to create a fantasy feel, with mods like buildcraft, immersive engineering, Flaxbeard's Steam (;_;7), and et cetera. Maybe even Better With Mods, if you're feeling adventurous.
>>
Will using fastcraft, optifine, and betterfps all at once help my potato pc run bigger modpacks? I'm wondering if they'll interfere with each other or break anything, though iirc optifine is mostly graphical stuff (and some math optimizations) whereas fastcraft is mostly just math stuff. Not sure about betterfps though
>>
Depending on the ending number of this post, my next base will be:

1,2: isolated wooden buildings near tree tops, around trunks, connected by wooden bridges.
3,4: large central Mayan pyramid surrounded by smaller buildings.
5,6: small buildings in a desert made of sandstone, with a wall around them.
7, 8: underground stone bricks complex.
9, 0: you guys help me with ideas.
>>
>>227700612
Well fuck, call me Galandriel now.
>>
>mfw treefuckers
>>
>>227626161
Your server gets me stuck at encrypting.
>>
>>227700871
I've heard ÿou're cutting trees like some sort of animal/dwarf/beast. Ÿou should stop it, Urist. Please become civilized, I'll even give ÿou a human flesh sandwich so ÿou don't need to eat those disgusting fungi.

...seriously though, I think I'll reroll - slanted bridges are painful to build.
>>
>>227700871
wrong game
>>
File: 1514420004876.webm (2.06 MB, 1200x632)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB WEBM
thoughts on usurping nature and forcing it to squirm for your amusement as you turn all of it into carbon and pollution?
>>
>>227702754
Kind of hot. What version?
>>
>>227702754
Screw nature, welcome progress.
>>
File: 2018-09-10_09.15.44.png (596 KB, 1360x706)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
>>
>>227692492
I want that tiny loli to say shittalk me whike I touch her inappropriarely
>>
>>227695794
TNFC had a chunkloader that worked fine. Maybe look into that, should be a dimensional anchor or something.
>>
>>227699620
Ye
>>
File: 9367-13177-10276.gif (15 KB, 320x288)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
>>227702754
RAPE
THE
EARTH

RAPE
THE
EARTH
>>
>>227696279
>console
Is that doable in singleplayer with some external window? How would I program a function to run in that? (no dedicated server, not enough power or RAM for client and dedicated server)
Do you mean some script that outputs keyboard inputs to the in-game console? I guess you could preload a Y coordinate, preload a bunch of X coordinates, set an increasing Z coordinate, engage flight, and let 'er rip.
But I don't know what kind of program to do that with(that would be able to input into MC, for instance the microsoft keyboard thing needs to be run as admin to work), and I don't yet know said program, so if it's hard it'll take a while.
>>227699620
I'm pretty sure all three work together fine. CoFH Tweaks, I'm pretty sure, does NOT, however.
>>227706247
That's not what I meant, unless you can place and break them with OpenComputers robots to generate terrain automatically without bugs or incompatibilities, which would probably be slower and more difficult to set up than teleporting the player.
>>
>>227702754
That's babby shit, real men completely deplete other planets of their natural resources and genocide the local population.
>>
>>227707494
Oh wait, pregen the chunks
Couldn't you just fly around the world for a day or so in creative mode
>>
Daily reminder that, due to engine peculiarities, you will have better performance in Minecraft 1.10+ with VSync enabled than disabled.
>>
>>227708653
Is that a Werks on my machine TM thing?

1.10+ MC with vsync on runs like shit for me
>>
>>227708884
In that case, instead, try capping the Max Framerate to roughly your display's refresh rate and keeping VSync off. Should have a similar effect. Of course, that's a "I generate way more frames than I display TM" thing in general anyway.
>>
File: 2018-09-12_00.53.41.png (201 KB, 1920x1017)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
Finally, more copper! It was the first resource I ran out of after finding *some.*
>>
File: 2lewd.png (192 KB, 696x934)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>227705995
done
>>
File: Chris_hansen.png (85 KB, 427x640)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>227709487
>>
>>227626367
+1
Was unsure if I was autistic or not until I met my SO who has autism
Now I can confirm im autistic
>>
thinking of setting up a serb
any recommendations?
>>
File: 1536728378843.png (199 KB, 696x934)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>227705995
>>
>>227711135
Gregtech.
>>
>>227626367
I actually have Asperger's, does that count?
>>
>>227711463
But what if YOU are my waifu?

You just played yourself my chigga
>>
>>227626367
asperger's anon here
>>227711768
yes
it's a spectrum
>>
>>227626367
Yes
>>
>>227711845
>3d whyfoo
>>
Modular Powersuits isn't needed for anything, just the mek electric bow, which is easy to tweak out.
I think switching to a non-Aero theme has increased the available memory.
The toaster is satisfied - for now.
>>227711463
that's over the line
>>
What Charset modules are worth installing besides Audio and StorageChests?
>>
>>227712682
SimpleLogic gates and wires, and this addon
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/complexlogic
Tanks - like BC tanks, but double-click fills from containers in inventory, like barrels
see if Charset Tweaks has anything you want
Block Carrying is obsoleted by CarryOn
Barrels is obsoleted by Storage Drawers

Really, browse them here -
minecraft.curseforge.com/members/asiekierka/projects
because Audio and Chests were ones I thought *weren't* worth installing, so everyone's preferences are different.
>>227712084
i would think he's talking as if talking to the character, not the person typing, but who knows
>>
I'm looking for ways to improve a vanilla desert temple. Suggestions?
>>
File: 1444461541351.jpg (171 KB, 599x880)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>227711463
I bit more than I could chew
>>
File: happy rabbit.png (611 KB, 600x614)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
>>227709218
I remember the first time I found tin in NH.
I think I got drunk to celebrate.
>>
File: am i retarded.jpg (24 KB, 665x574)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
What the fuck did you added to a ME network so it could tell you what stuff you needed to craft a complex item? I swear i saw some people automatically craft something complex with only giving it the basic shit.
>>
>>227716263
I think etho made something that could craft EXTREME CRAFTING shit in his poozone series so look into that I guess
>>
>>227716318
I would but the thing is that this is not my modpack, so i only have AE2 to work with.
>>
I've seen a mod on a few vids where you can swap a block with equivalent variants, like changing stone blocks to cracked stone blocks or other kinds of stone block textures. Does anyone know what mod it is? I thought it was chisel and bits but if it is, i can't figure out how to do it.
>>
>>227719921
chisel?
>>
File: whichmodisit.png (46 KB, 968x989)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
which mod is ruining my default worldgen, i already ruled out biomes o plenty and quark. one of these is ruining worldgen of my perfect comfy island
>>
>>227722893
it's more than likely forge, you should uninstall that
>>
>>227716318
That setup was fucking stupid though. Worked pretty well considering. But is there a more intentional method for auto-crafting with xtreme crafting tables? I guess computercraft + redstone-activated export busses would work, but I don't think you could trigger that from an ME system.
>>
>>227723064
alright? excuse my manners then.

can i get some help please
>>
>>227723418
only if you remove pam's
what the heck are you doing
>>
>>227723501
having fun
>>
File: Old person feels a feel.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>227723669
With pam's?
>>
>>227695794
Hey, check this thing out
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5961-map-pregeneration/
kitty says it's not "officially compatible" but kitty also said extra dimensions don't work so fuck her it probably does work
>>
The problem is, how the hell are you going to make mcpc+ with atlauncher is it easy or is it impossible
I have no idea I don't even know what it is
>>
File: happypepe.jpg (69 KB, 657x527)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>227723770
i just wanna keep my vanilla worldgen being normal, and use pams mod because i like having a giant farm of bountiful and colorful crops. taking them all inside and cutting them up into foods of all sort.

but my question was "help with worldgen" not "check my mods out" worst thing i ever heard about pams mod is that its full of bloat, i'm not sure what they mean by bloat but i just know it adds a lot of tasty food
>>
>>227721185
This is it, thanks anon
>>
>>227722893
define "ruining my worldgen"
>>
>>227723849
>Thanks for the help/tips. Got it up and running and pregenning, No issues so far.
>It's another Kittychanley is wrong episode
>>
>>227724354
Kitty stopped being relevant to TFC's development more than four years ago.
>>
>>227724308
its replacing a forest i usually spawn in with plains, other biomes on the island seed i use are also changed as well.
>>
>>227724395
Of course. Doesn't stop me from pointing out that she's wrong about this recent issue a guy brought up, as always
>>
>>227724516
so how do I put mcpc+ in tfc? It looks like it's been abandoned and the last version only works with 1.6.4
>>
>>227724576
Google whatever was made to replace it in 1.7.10, use it as a substitute, and hope for the best
>>
it was thaumcraft that changed my biomes around, i'm good.

so why don't people like harvestcraft anyways?
>>
There's random spiels about how harvestcrap is a terrible mod every four threads or so, it basically boils down to "it's terribly implemented, it's bloated to hell and back and its textures are stolen"
>>
Why noone told me agricraft is finally in 1.12 for two weeks already?
That is the only reason I come here.
>>
>>227725236
What meme mod is that?
>>
>>227723501
Pam's isn't bad if you enjoy wasting hours on your food supply, but spice of life is truly for masochists. The lunchbox though is maximum toolbar saving.
>>
>>227725321
Any plant can be a crop, plus selection/mutations of every kind, and the most aesthetic irrigation system to ever grace MC.
>>
>>227725321
makes vanilla farming more autistic

>>227725395
this, spice of life+applecore+appleskin+harvestcraft is great
>>
I tried googling literally "chunk pregenerator minecraft" and I got the mod for 1.7 I wanted

then lo and behold I ran the game, created a new world and everything worked fine

Tell those clowns that made PFAA not to take kitty seriously or at least test their own pack before saying shit in the changelo-

wait this isn't working.
>>
File: 1508900572346.png (4 KB, 288x210)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
nice, so even though a filled fluid cell is in the mode picture you cant actually use them to enrich fluids
>>
File: this is fine.png (788 KB, 1920x1025)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
Oh I just hadn't turned it o- aaaaand it crashed after I took this picture
>>
>>227725828
oh no my mistake, there are TWO different cells with the exact same texture
>>
File: crashes means it works.png (549 KB, 1920x1025)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
hey, it works!
I just had the occasional crash when starting an area at 0 0, I'm gonna try pregenning 100 chunks in a circle around me, it's probably gonna crash again, but if it works I'll tell you
>>
yeah no it just keeps crashing after the first 50 chunks or so. Oh well.
>>
File: Strange design.png (520 KB, 1366x768)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
These villagers built half a house attached to a farm for easier access I guess.
>>
>>227728556
Don't knock it til you try it, anon. Doors are inefficient anyways, what a waste of man hours. Opening and closing the damn things all day. These guys got it figured out.
>>
Man, I need to learn how drawer controllers work.
>>
>see a village
>it kinda shitty one and does nothing but ruin my view
>think about either relocating villagers, or smelting them or just doing something to villagers and destroying the village itself
>don't know what's the easy tool in the pack for that
>notice fucked up house, did the terrain generation generated new chunk over vilalge?
>it's a hungry node
>jews turn around and look at me in horror
oh boy.
>>
>>227730060
They're actually pretty sophisticated, internally.

You can probably guess that they act as an inventory with one slot for each connected drawer. On top of that, they have an extra "empty" slot at the beginning of the slot list that has special behavior: The drawer controller maintains an internal hash table of all of the item types stored in connected drawers. Whenever an item is inserted into the empty slot, it will use the hash table to locate the correct drawer and perform the actual insertion. This means that for the common case of inserting an item already present in the drawer bank, any item transport attempting to insert into the controller will only need to iterate a single slot before the insertion succeeds, avoiding the need to scan all slots for a matching, existing item or an empty slot.
>>
>>227730396
Oh. I just tried putting a drawer controller in the middle of my drawers but it didn't do anything.
I'll read something on how they work later.
>>
>>227730452
If you had asked about how to use drawer controllers, I would have said:

Right-click any item onto the controller to store it into a connected drawer that is already holding that item. This only works if a connected drawer already holds the item.

Connect a hopper or item pipe to the controller to automatically sort incoming items into the correct drawer. When items are inserted automatically like this, the controller will also insert items into empty drawers, if no drawer is holding the same item.
>>
>>227730591
Oh. That's neat, thanks
>>
>>227730396
That's actually really neat. I'm surprised to learn (at least this part of) a Minecraft mod is coded in a sensible manner.
>>
>>227726181
heh, bet you feel stupid now for critiquing the mods for not quite the rot reason and not knowing all the items with identical textures already
>>
>>227731419
the best part is the thing i was trying to do still didnt work
>>
>>227701329
not my server but i'll tell anon if i see him
>>
File: 2018-09-12_16.10.47.png (691 KB, 1920x1025)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
Fuck yeah jungle trees.
I'm getting a bit bored of this modpack already.
>>
>>227733469
I'll be in space age before i find fucking jungle. Thinking about just cheating saplings and beans at this point.
>>
>>227734204
Oh that's not a TFC jungle tree. I looked into forestry for tree breeding yesterday and while it's enabled, it doesn't give vanilla saplings. So I edited a recipe to get them. Now I have a shitload of jungle saplings just by cutting down one log without having to scythe everything up.

TFC trees are gay as hell.
>>
WHAT VERSION DO I PLAY
WHAT PACK DO I PLAY
>>
>>227734892
onepointsevenpointonezerogregtechnewhorizons
enigmatica 2 i heard is ok but never tried
>>
It's funny how playing gregshit puts things into perspective. When I played modded for the first time, I thought the IC2 electric jetpack was the pinnacle of microcrafting. Here I am in GTNH with the screws and the plates the rods and the rings like "oh that's not so bad." I wanted to argue with >>227731419 but "mod Stockholm Syndrome" is probably a pretty accurate description.
But, I guess it doesn't matter if (I think) I'm having fun.
>>
>>227735156
Enigmatica 2 a lag
>>
>>227736165
Yeah, on your toaster
>>
>>227736832
*Toaster Oven
It's got three whole settings!
>>
I love immersive engineering's gritty multiblocks
is there one that can produce RF in the range of 10k/t?
clover post editor hides name by default even if it has a value
>>
File: 2018-09-12_10.22.27.png (62 KB, 1920x1017)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Oh boy. Remember how clay is balanced? This may take a while... but, I do think steel is the key to actual electric machines, so it's an important step.
>>
>>227737793
How is it balanced?
>>
>>227738554
It's a meme. I think some mod dev said it sometime or something. Basically the idea is that clay is a good effort-gate because it spawns sporadically and only underwater (per vanilla oregen) and so is a huge pain in the dick to collect in large quantities. This pack spawns pockets of clay underground, which I've been collecting sporadically, but the main issue is that here, each clay ball is only 1/4th of a pile of dust, so I actually need 720 of them for this much clay. It's not really pushing any automation or tech or even really resources that I have, just requires me to go fuck off down a hole or into a river and find a whole, whole lot of clay. Being that I'm almost into the electrical age by now, it's pretty impressive that clay is one of the things that has annoyed me the most out of all the other trials and inconveniences GT imposes on the player.
>>
>>227738789
It was slowpoke. He said that because clay was rare af on alpha and he was probably high on drugs
>>
File: 2018-09-12_11.09.17.png (473 KB, 1920x1017)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>227737793
In the meanwhile, I got a forge hammer, which drastically cut down on the amount of iron required to make THIS happen. Ohh, yes. Oh, that's good. I might actually be able to run multiple machines simultaneously now... even upgrade to high-pressure, if I'm lucky. By the way, don't mention the physics on the steam... GT is convoluted enough without adding gasses like Mekanism does, so let's just roll with it.
>>
File: 2018-09-12_11.12.22.png (404 KB, 1920x1017)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>227740972
Oops. Before anyone freaks out, I heard my solar boilers hissing while I was making that post, so I fixed that right up, aand- they're still hissing, actually. I guess I need bigger pipes. But I fixed one part of that problem, at least.
>>
>page 9
I have no content to bump with, I'm just mining coal. Every man for himself.
>>
>>227737793
Can't you just cheat in a fuckton of clay
I lack the autism to do unfun grindy shit like this when I have a button to actually let me cheat in the items without wasting six hours digging dirt with a stone shovel
>>
>>227742925
The real issue is that I lack self-control. I could cheat in a pile of clay... I could also just cheat in the firebricks. The whole furnace. A whole slew of machines. Build a reactor for the hell of it. It's a slippery slope, one on which I don't trust my own footing. The only cheating I've done thus far is one rubber tree sapling because I couldn't find any, and the exterior of my base because like hell am I going to gather all that stone and clay individually, and just as like-hell will I let my aesthetics suffer for my laziness.
>>
>>227743104
I understand, I think I used to like playing minecraft a lot more when I was a NEET with a shitton of free time than when I'm working 8 hours a day and I have to cherish every single moment I'm not working. I'll probably drop PFAA soonish.
>>
>>227743309
Incidentally, I am currently a NEET with nothing but free time. So, that would explain it. But I can understand the opposite, too; I'd probably want to play something a little faster-paced than GregTech and JRPGs if I only had a few or even just a couple hours per day to play. Follow your heart, anon.
>>
File: 1531290744289.jpg (302 KB, 1000x871)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>227743631
Aweegable
that said, I really enjoy the NH updates (shame the one guy I'm following stopped updating for three weeks too and etho's only playing no man's sky and vanilla lately) so keep up the good work
>>
File: etho thumbs up.gif (516 KB, 450x253)
516 KB
516 KB GIF
>>227743837
I'm glad at least one person's enjoying them. Feels nice to have the nebulous company of the general when things get boring, or to share with when a grand achievement is made. No one's tried to run me out for being a nuisance yet, nor have I really lost interest in playing the pack for the moment, so I guess I'll keep going awhile and see where I land.
>>
>mod about randomly generated abandoned cities
>start on an island with nothing in sight for 1K blocks any direction
>has a tinker's comet under it, easy access to lava, slime island, underwater temple and second smaller island far enough away to constantly generate mobs
>just no clay, only problem
>Can't bring myself to restart

Also, what's that fucking mod that lets you chisel ladders into walls and shit, isn't it Totemic or whatever?
>>
>>227740065
It generated on some weird 1 in 13 chunk diagonal pattern. I remember this because I would always stumble onto it and have to stop whoever I was sprint-hopping across the continent with (in search of another cliff that coincidentally vaguely resembled a vagina to build a base in) to pick up because everybody I played with was always whining about how it was "impossible" to find
>>
>>
File: 1451236401234.jpg (120 KB, 573x526)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>227748816
how 2 make meat blocks?
>>
File: 1482888762081.gif (499 KB, 500x259)
499 KB
499 KB GIF
>Page 9
roads vs. tunnels
discus.
>>
>>227750781
angel ring
>>
File: ancapball.jpg (47 KB, 549x408)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>227750781
Roads? Who needs roads?
>>
File: tfw.jpg (15 KB, 428x435)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>227750781
Teleports
>>
File: 2018-09-12_13.30.33.png (230 KB, 1920x1017)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
720 clay wasn't actually that hard to achieve. A couple ingame days out wading around in a big river nearby (plus having a couple stacks of it around already) made it go by pretty quick. Now, though, crafting the rest of this mess... that might be another story.
>>
>>227751615
I remember that to make all the grout to make the tinker's smeltery you needed a bucket of water in the crafting recipe for about 500 times
is it something like that
>>
>>227750781
Roads are atmospheric and all, but the well-lit tunnels are safe, both from monsters and environmental dangers.
Also
>>227751553
this
>>
>>227750910
so like a bouncy castle ringroad hybrid?
>>227751857
well in terms of labor building a road with a half decent fence is easier than tunneling in some/most cases
>>
>>227752163
isn't angel ring creative flight
that's what I meant
>>
File: 2018-09-12_14.38.49.png (516 KB, 854x480)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
Dunno if I like it.

It's an improvement over jeb's temples, sure, but then even a 5yo could do it.

I think I'll need to tear it down and rebuild.
>>
>>227751751
Yep. Most brick-type recipes require water in them, whether for the bricks themselves or for the blocks afterward. My solution for now is a Forestry workbench and a lot of clay buckets. Luckily, the only water I need for this long chain is for the concrete in the final firebrick blocks, which I only need 36 of, aaaaand that's 36 fucking buckets of concrete actually. Boy howdy.
>>
>>227752259
probably but i wanted to bring your easymode nonsense back to the topic
>>227752335
>le femme symbols
>looks like its smiling
2/10
>>
>>227752685
It's an ankh, not a femme symbol. Good call though, might as well remove them - at this level of detail you can't do a proper ankh.

I'm more interested on material ideas though. Besides "raw" and orange terrecotte, what else could I use?
>>
>>227753280
If you're not against using mods you could get Chisel and Bits for making a proper ankh, it allows you to place mini blocks and a bunch of other stuff.
>>
>>227753280
an uneven distribution of sand is always welcome on the finished product
the egyptians were also fans of big granite blocks with tiny granite blocks to separate them so thats an option
if you're not in vanilla you could always try finding some limestone to cover the exterior
>>
>>227753280
Just for the highlight color... red sandstone? Red concrete? If you're playing modded,Woolen Clay from chisel, or Blood-Stained Blocks from Railcraft are both good picks. The other suggestions of chisel & bits for detailing and granite and limestone for the exteriors sound good to me, too. Concrete again, although now that I'm saying it again it might not be the best fit flavorwise. Still, colorful smooth stone-like textures are always nice.
>>
https://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Obscurator
>40 years of IC2 later and I didn't know about this
fug me, look like my next pack with have IC2 again
>>
>>227753587
I usually play modded, but this is 1.13 vanilla, so no mods.
I might try to do a proper ankh on the floor, since I'll have more space for that. Or even map art, dunno.

>>227753641
Concrete is a great idea for details, thanks!
The survival temple where I'm going to apply the definitive changes has uneven sand already. This is just a flat creative preview for experimentation.
Not too hot on granite. I get it's fitting, but vanilla granite looks like uglier than a car crash.

>>227753949
Red sandstone is an option, but I'm far away from any mesa.
>>
>>227754989
>Concrete is a great idea for details, thanks!
meant for>>227753949

theres also red sandstone if you have a mesa in your survival, too orange for my taste but it might make a better fit than granite
>>
>>227753280
lapis blue and gold?
egyptians loved that shit
>>
>>227752163
With things like TCon's hammer tunneling isn't that hard really. Tedious maybe, but not hard.
>>
>>227755625
gold is kinda gaudy , could make for a good capstone though
>>
File: 2018-09-12_15.31.11.png (418 KB, 854x480)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
Another attempt [disregard the half-built pyramid to the left].
>>
>>227756421
Too much squares
>>
>>227756421
way too square, egyptians really loved their triangles

and yeah, i really don't think you'll be able to make a good looking ankh, maybe try going for an eye instead?
>>
File: 2018-09-12_01.31.17.png (1.41 MB, 1920x1013)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
truly a wonder of modern architecture
>>
>>227757748
>all those free bricks
you hit the jackpot m8
>>
>>227757748
testificate would be proud
>>227758250
>he dosnt know
>>
>>227758287
Know what
>>
>>227758287
>he doesnt know either
>>
File: 2018-09-12_16.12.23.png (1.02 MB, 1404x845)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>227756559
>>227756851
Third attempt, tried to round it a bit. Trashed the ankh idea.

>maybe try going for an eye instead?
I don't think I could pull a good-looking Eye of Horus at this resolution, it's simply too detailed for vanilla. At most I could try my hand on map art for that.
>>
>>227758493
>>227759025
>they don't know
>>
>he lacks the knowledge
>>
Anon, I... am ignorant too.
>>
what can i do with 2000 lead
>>
>>227763078
18,000 boolets
>>
>>227763078
poison the water supply of all the nearby villages, forcing them to pay you for clean water or die of lead poisoning.
>>
Does anyone have any screenshots/inspiration for underground spiral staircases down to mines?

I had a screenshot saved ages ago of a nice one but have since lost it. Thinking of one with an open centre, and the stairs are carved into wall.
>>
>>227760015
>no golden capstone
4/10 would not bury any bulls inside of
>>
>>227765657
I wish Minecraft had golden slabs.
>>
File: 2018-09-12_17.16.11.png (729 KB, 832x1250)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
Well, calling it done. The only changes for survival will be orange terracotta instead of raw terracotta, so it gets a bit brighter, and some ankhs and Eye of Horus map art.
>>
>>227711463
Jokes on you Im not a degenerate.
>>
>>227767765
its a'ight diggin the broken red line over the entrance
was gonna comment of it being too line-y earlier but you figured it out all on your own
>>
>Page 10
post builds
>>
>1.3 comes out
>all previous worlds are incompatible
>every project cannot be brought into the latest patch
>expecting me to feel motivated to start something fresh and abandon my other worlds because of some coral and some fish

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 2018-09-12_17.33.44.png (373 KB, 1920x1017)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
Huh. The pipe won't seem to connect. I can't even semiautomate this shit before getting an ore-washing machine? I swear pipes connect to cauldrons in pretty much every other tech mod. I tried every side and none of them are working.
>>
File: 2018-03-06_20.54.32.png (1.57 MB, 1280x720)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>227771537
random shithouse
>>
>>227771646
>>all previous worlds are incompatible
Not true, Etho for example is playing on 1.13 the same world he started in the beta. You had some compatibility issues during the snapshots but that's it.
>>
>>227768858
Thanks. Ironically I did that because there are no terracotta stairs, so gotta use sandstone. I also swapped the terracotta under the towers for more sandstone to break the line a bit more.
>>
I really can’t enjoy Minecraft anymore. It all started with watching YouTube videos about how to build medieval buildings. Soon I only built buildings out of tutorials and my creativity got less. Then I started to find my own buildings ugly and didn’t enjoyed it anymore to build something myself. My mind is poisoned and I can’t enjoy this game anymore. I think it’s time to deinstall this game for good.
>>
>>227772024
I build on a modless world. It's literally always been just the base game through every update. Now I can't take it into 1.3 and have to keep playing on 1.2.2.
>>
>>227772286
Go build something you haven't seen a tutorial on, faggot.
>>
>can smelt iron tools and armour into iron nuggets
>ONE nugget per piece of equipment
>iron and gold nuggets have different sprites, unlike their ingots
Most of the time I simply assume Mojang is lazy, but this time it stinks stupidity from a distance.

>>227772286
Grab some vanilla structure and try to improve it, like I was doing with the desert temple and city. That way you can't simply follow a tutorial, but you still need to make it look good.
>>
>>227771984
>shithouse
'spretty gud, attic fence-windows are a bit big but besides that its pretty
>>
>>227777239
>>iron and gold nuggets have different sprites, unlike their ingots
I actually like that, for some reason I don't know
>>
>>227614808
Does anyone have the ip for the current /int/ or /his/ server?
>>
tfc chunk generation takes so dang long, I move forward to the edge of chunks and it takes like a minute or two to generate
even in ocean, where it should be faster since it's lower and a large amount is just water
they shoulda just made an underground dimension, with a way to tell what rocks are gonna be in the lower dimension
sure, ore patches on the surface need to tell what it's gonna be
but that sounds rather easy to fix if you design the stone and ore gen properly to accommodate that, given that there is a seed

I decided to up render distance so that generation is done in larger batches
>>
>>227777451
The problem is that Mojang is lazy, they're fully aware of that, and yet they're doing unneeded work that creates an inconsistency even knowing most players won't give a fuck, some would rather not see it, and usually the ones who like (like you) would rather see ingots getting the same treatment.
>>
>>227777239
The sideways nugget bothers me more than I'd like to admit, do I have autism?
>>
>>227782187
>do I have autism?
where do you think you are.jpg

also pardon the irrelevant post but i'm curious:
>>227777777
>>
>>227781381
They're creating an official texture/resource pack to be the new default, which I imagine will be far more polished than the "just add it as we go" approach that they've kept all these years. Though personally I'll probably stick with the original.
>>
>>227783002
It would be more polished if the artist wasn't a clueless idiot who makes everything look plastic and artificial.
>>
>>227783482
I liked the old gravel.
>>
people whine about tinkers' obsoleting other tools
how about making your tools not crap
like, make it a pre-quarry resource/progression cost, give it a 3x3 mining, really, REALLY high durability, cheap repair, and maybe some interesting functionality that can be toggled on/off if you're feeling not lazy
and don't make players use vanilla enchanting either
if you think that's too powerful, well, the playerbase has spoken, they want better tools
vanilla tools are just awful, don't use them as a benchmark
>>
>>227783482
Anything's better than the shit defaults.
>>
>>227784135
Might As Well Play Creative
>>
>>227783613
I like it too, although I'm fine with the current one.

>>227784195
>Anything's better than the shit defaults.
Not really. Or, like my grandma used to say, "the devil messed so much with the son's eye that he pierced it".
The guy is literally trying to shade flat textures that go into a 3D environment. You need to be really dumb for that.
>>
>>227784135
most mod tools do that shit and are still worse than tinkers
tinkers is retarded alongside any other tech/progress mods
>>
>>227784135
Problem is tinkers makes its way from early game well into end-game for all but the most OP mods, and makes the progression piss-easy. You don't even need to continue spending resources on tools since you can replace its durability with an RF bar for cheap, or use moss on it. It makes all the not-stacking (silk touch, mending, etc.) enchantments far too easy to get. You could conceivably put a high-speed RF-recharged tinker's tool with autosmelt in an autonomous activator and use it as a faster and cheaper auto-furnace. The answer to power creep isn't more power creep.
>>
>>227784135
>vanilla tools are just awful, don't use them as a benchmark
But that's dumb. They're the standard tool across 99.99% of everything, excluding things like TFC with total overhauls. Not using them as a benchmark is retarded unless you plan to do a total overhaul.
>>
>>227782912
>dubs on vg
>>
>>227784616
>AA and Thermal drills/saws do all that ticon's top end tools do and more
>enchantable/upgradable and adjustable on the fly
>run off RF instead of limited durability
No anon, it is your bias and opinion that are shit.
>>
>>227786876
i'm not sure you can compare those with a dong expanded 3x5 hammer repairable with netherrack that drops experience when mining stone and breaks stone instantly if you didn't give it silk touch
>>
>>227787717
>using netherrack heads or plates
>>
>>227771984
i recognize that house
>>
>>227784805
A benchmark, but a really low one. An entire cubic meter of iron lasts 750 uses, is marginally faster than stone, which is basically free.
Iron should have diamond speed and usage, copper should be a situational replacement for vanilla iron speed, and maybe 400 durability. (copper is rare, and not needed to mine iron because that's not how it works IRL, just the order in which it was discovered how to use. we're not building a progression pack here. plus, a little bit of knowledge would be enough to get iron working.)
Picks should also only require one ingot, in addition to that. Unless you make ingots far less than 1/9th of a block, like TFC, but that's a pack change.
>>227784623
RF is gone in memeversions, was a good change. Moss was never great, AFAIK, only useful for rarely-used tools. Can't put it on your hammer and rip.
The mending moss is a bit too easy with some of the Moss Stone recipes.
But obtaining mending is absolutely insane in vanilla from what I watched, it either requires a long time AFK fishing, or for faster obtaining of multiple books, a large, complex villager spawner run for a while and sorted over and over again, trading to check each librarian's trades.
That is far beyond any reasonable expectation.
The Ender IO recipe is reasonable, it takes some progression, but no unreasonable-to-expect knowledge of how to exploit clunky mechanics(should NOT require you to look it up on the internet).
And no (blood+sweat+tears)^RNG.
>>227787717
Tinkers' *is* a bit powerful, and significantly too cheap.
Personally, I would make tools unbreakable, but require more resources and work to make. Like upgrading your character's ability to mine faster, rather than a punishment for using the tool to play the game in any way other than optimally. Gotta use slow stone to make not-plains pretty and usable, or else pay up!
>>
>terrafirmastuff
understandable since server requires all same mods and some will want it, but
get this decorative bloat outta here
>scales
nah, decay is disabled so it shouldn't be hard to cut 160 oz into even portions
I'd install DimDoors for dungeons and stuff, but adding machines and chunkloading later on will probably push it as is
I wonder how necessary Advanced Generators are, recipes-wise probably not, but it may be needed for good power
Pressure Pipes is probably very necessary with all the complex petrochemical stuff in this pack
Maybe if I made a copy of the guide, I could ditch FTB utilities and FTB lib for AromaBackup?
MalisisDoors isn't necessary, but it is really neat
Is Zetta Industries used outside of the RF meter?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (2.4 MB, 1919x1079)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
>barely find any documentation on slashblade
>have to watch faggots on youtube spout "HEY GUYS"
>come across some french cunt
>>
65 disabled chisel blocks
33 enabled chisel blocks
Still don't feel like outright removing it, the factory, laboratory, marble, technician, ice, cobble, tyrian, cobble, and stone brick are pretty neat
But no to the woolen clay, pumpkins, leaves, dirt, tallow, and such taking up space
>>
>>227788434
that's exactly my point, the tool is still very powerful even if you sacrifice a plate slot for a repair material.
>>
File: 2018-09-12_22.10.15.png (156 KB, 1920x1017)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
A few hours' break and a whole lot of dust- and concrete-making later... it's time for steel, for real. In fact, it's kind of a big deal.
>>
>>227790068
>tfw you understand French but his delivery is so stilted you still can't understand him
>>
>>227793490
fun fact, you can use it to triple many iron, copper, and other basic ores, so you'll be able to squeeze some use out of it even after you get the electric blaster going
>>
>>227788716
Villager systems aren't that bad, in fact I've semi-perfected a villager sorting system using trapdoors that can store 1 villager every block with a water stream running atop them, so it's damn dense. The thing will be able to store maybe 40 villagers all together in a square, so AFK for a night and I should have the thing full.

I was clenching my anus waiting for 1.13 to be finished to see if the water mechanics would break it. They did in one snapshot but it's fine now. Might post a schematic soon. I'll get around to building them soon, but the location to build them is within a new guardian chunk in old territory (not ocean), and I plan on whacking a golem farm above them for extra farm density. There's a zombie spawner in the chunk as well, but now that it can't spawn villager zombies for a curing station I don't think I'll do anything with it. But I'll leave it in the water in case an update with end-game craftable monster eggs comes out, or if zombies spawned in water can be drowned's with tridents. Apparently guardians spawn better with a roof atop them anyhow, so the iron farm should help with that.
>>
File: 2018-09-12_22.22.54.png (553 KB, 1920x1017)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>227793490
And here it is all set up by the coke ovens (a ways away from the other stuff, for pollution's sake, which I don't really understand the consequences of and hope to never have to).
>>
File: 2018-09-12_22.25.52.png (486 KB, 1920x1017)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>227794453
Or maybe I should forego the stairs to line up the openings in the ovens... Yeah, I think I like it this way better. It bugged me the second I put it down, so that'd only have gotten worse with time. It looks like steel production takes a bit of time, so maybe I'll take this opportunity to touch up the village some more while I wait...
>>
>>227794453
you're gonna need more than one of those. it only produces ten steel per hour, and you'll need to invest about 200 steel into getting the electric blaster up and running
>>
File: 2616-11506-6770.png (52 KB, 470x359)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>227795310
>ten per HOUR
Oh.
Well.
I guess I better... get started making more concrete, then. And make sure this is pretty much always running.
>>
>>227795445
on the bright side, they can share sides, saving you 12 firebricks on your second one, 12 more bricks on your third, and 20 bricks on the fourth one if all four are laid out in a square. that's four blasters for the price of three.
>>
File: 2018-02-25_14.17.45.png (256 KB, 1280x720)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>227788675
I posted it before several months ago, before it started lagging so bad I had to nuke the world
>>
>>227794275
It's okay as a thing an elite player or someone who reads a wiki/tutorial can build, but not something you should need in order to get a source of mending books.
I was talking to someone that was saying tinkers' makes enchants too easy, which it does in some cases, but vanilla mending is not something you should expect players to get. It also feels bit clunky, due to villager house mechanics. It's not exactly organic.
>>
>test out making a TFC sandwich
>it's 10 oz
>it can't be combined to make larger
>sandwiches store 1/16th what a food slot can
this is worse than I thought
yay for no conveniences, especially with the limited player storage options in TFC, doesn't come with things like a golden bag of holding
>nofunallowed.jpg
tfc has nice looking worldgen
but a lot of its mechanics are outright bantha poodoo
>>
>>227797112
Diamonds are meant to be a consumable. Getting mending books is meant to be a treasure, something very rare and valuable, not something needed to play. I know I've been rocking full diamond maxed out armor for ages and haven't even touched a mending book. If you reverse order repair (the more expensive one) with another armor-piece/tool of the same sort you can keep repairing that piece indefinitely. Shame I missed the opportunity to get a mending + infinity bow though, since as of ~1 year ago that's impossible now.

As I see it there are many things in the game that can be automated that are not intended at all. In fact everything that can be automated but can't have a hopper thrown on it is unintended, which means everything from cactus and mushroom farms to infinite villager breeders (definitely a bug) and iron farms is unintentional. But adding cats' ability to scare creepers after doing the same for wolves and skeletons makes me feel like they're pushing for pathfinding-based mob-farms to be mainstream, which suck because the damn pets teleport to you for no reason. Just trying to make the things less useless I guess.
>>
>>227799045
Yeah, in the modded community, automation is the standard, making things un-automatable is, for most, tatamount to murder.
Vanilla may have been designed a certain way, but Tinkers' really high popularity shows that a lot of people in modded don't like spending diamonds to repair tools, and the best tools locked behind rare treasure.
(I'd say they(me included) don't like the idea of something not being designed as certainly obtainable, too. May have to do with players on a server comparing, and considering the luck of the draw unfair.)
>>
sorry carpenter's blocks, I don't need you
Why exactly is Advanced Lightsabers in PFAA? I feel like it's irrelevant to the cooperative building and teching-up theme of the pack
Another two mods the toaster has devoured.
>>
>>227802776
Well to that end even if totem of undying or whatever they're called were any good they'd still be shitty. For a very rare thing to obtain (a little less rare with the advent of woodland mansion maps from basically every village) they do pretty much no good anyhow. Fall into lava with one and you're still fucked, only really useful in PVP. Totem of rewinding however, something that would put you back to where you were 1 minute ago, or totem of keep-inventory like in twilight forest, would be much more useful. It would be neat if modders incorporated this talisman/totem mechanic into their mods and made good content with them, but as-is it just feels like a shitty bootleg of the twilight forest talisman.
>>
File: 2018-09-13_00.12.00.png (287 KB, 854x480)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
using Ore Stone Variants and trying to add an ore to a basalt block from chisel
I can add it and the block "exists" in jei, but it is just a null texture block with the ore texture on it and doesn't exist in nature
adding ore_diamond to chisel:basalt or chisel:basalt2 in the variant adder config section results in pic related
using stoneBasalt and chisel:stoneBasalt result in Diamond Ore (Air)

does anybody know how to configure shit mod?
>>
>>227804163
>shit
*this
>>
>>227803678
Check out this neat mod: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/totem-expansion
>>
What are the essentials for 1.12?
>>
>>227804163
>does anybody know how to configure shit mod?
Better With Mods has a config to disable poop.
>>
>>227804163
I can't handle the weird jagged edges on 1.7.10 anymore
>>
>>227779851
It's not TFC, it's PFAA, I noticed it very early in the game
never had that problem with TNFC, but PFAA? Every three chunks or so I get a hollow void I have to wait for like ten or fifteen seconds to load.
>>
>>227806206
Oh cool, any main packs use it?
>>
>>227806691
don't do that, if you disable poop AND you disable hardcore barking then you'll have no way to cure leather
>>
>>227794453
That's a pretty setup, but you're gonna need about 12 more of those
>>
>>227797625
Actually extrautil has a golden bag of holding so it works fine
you gotta add it to the configs, it's set to false by default
>>
>>227808703
it was for a joke, but yeah
but for me that hits the point of cheating wood out and bark in, or using MineTweakerRecipeMaker to make an expensive wood->bark recipe
not gonna have poop in a game I'm playing
>>
File: climax-garbage4.png (193 KB, 800x600)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>227803421
>scrapping carpenter's
>>
>>227809619
That's what I did, I'm just pointing out more of the severely wrong design decisions and shit taste of TFC
>muh hardcore realistic survival
Also still annoying since I have to move the sandwiches around, and keep a bag specifically for sandwiches
>>
>>227809737
I'm not a great builder
There's other packs I'm playing that have it too, don't worry
But it had to be done
I like Star Wars, and I took out Advanced Lightsabers too
didyoudoityeswhatdiditcosteverything.jpg
(not quite everything, if maids weren't in that'd be everything)
>>
>>227809763
be thankful you're not using cooking with tfc
sandwichmaking in that one is garbo

also seriously unless you care about having perfect 1000 health without tweaking the configs there is no reason not to carry around a stack of 160 oz of any kind of food from raw cabbage from smoked cheese
they give the same amount of nutrition and they can fill you up as 16 sandwiches
>>
it's been a couple days generating terrain manually, a decent amount generated but I think I should generate a bit more, given that even though I upped the oregen, things only generate in specific stone types
not all the time generating, because it's manual, but still this is silly
>>
>>227811253
Do you just set the game to Far and fly around in creative mode do you also spam your prospector's pick every now and then just in case so you don't feel like you're wasting time
>>
File: concern.jpg (117 KB, 587x645)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>want to go visit other people's houses on stumpserb
>overhear people talking about nuclear missile turrets
>>
>>227811691
put some food in your TG slot and use potions of invisibility?
>>
>>227811341
I don't quite set it to Far because computer's really old, but basically
I use the antique Atlas to mark any surface bits, or straight up ores showing on the surface
I set the rarity way down, upped the density vertical and horizontal to 100, and lowered the rarity even more for those that didn't get as much difference from setting density to 100
So I'm not too worried about ore, except the rare things and weird obscure stuff where it wants every ore
(Trona and Stibnite even have uses, the madness is real)
>>
wasn't there some kind of thaumcraftXslashblade addon?

makes me wish we could have techguns addons
>>
Remember
>>
>>227815149
What
>>
>>227816416
something something gregtech is a godless heretical place something something memes
>>
>>227816416
Exactly.
>>
Oh boy oh boy it's time to get the IC2 machinery going
I think I'll be doing that in the portal to the last millennium maybe
>>
Are there any mods that are similiar to twilight forest mod??
>>
1.13 got interesting new features, but god is it laggy af
>>
>>227752615
I just gave up and cheated myself end result. I have infinite water resource and a bucket, i can't force myself to do this crafting minigame over and over.
>>
>>227825017
stay strong anon
you did the right thing
you'll have enough self control not to cheat the whole system in, the bucket thing is just stupid
>>
I played tekkit a bit back in 2013, saw a post on /v/ today that reminded me of Minecraft and I want to reinstall. Google tells me tekkit is ded.

What's a good all-in-one technology and industry mod pack in 2018?
>>
>>227825209
G R E G
R
E
G
>>
>>227825209
make your own one
>>
>>227825909
>>227825925
So the answer is that there isn't one? Is there like a top five I should start with?
>>
>>227826606
Be patient, I suggested greg and I don't even play it, it's fairly popular around here so just wait for someone with experience to chime in. As I see it people like that one TFC modpack, TFC by itself is pretty neat, latest Gregtech horizons I think is popular, there's also whatever the stumpserb is running. But I'd make a list of what's appealing to you and what isn't, and what mods you think you really want to have. The Aether still exists, in case you remember that one. The zeppelin mod has modern successors.
>>
>>227821119
i thnk the betweenlands and maybe Atum?
>>
What about the mine litle pony mod
>>
File: 20%cooler.png (7 KB, 931x671)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>227832293
i havent heard of this, is it a real thing?
>>
>>227835638
https://www.minelittlepony-mod.com/
Yep.
>>
oh yeah this too
https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/resource-packs/2787763-love-tolerance-l-t-updated-to-1-12-x
>>
is there a way of farming infinite comberstone with only 1 block yet
>>
>>227836913
world upgrade, yeah
>>
>>227836196
eh looks pretty gross, weird new ponys and maybe even a couple funky magic spells from the show could have been cool
not even a brony but a mods a mod
how would /mcg/ feel about a changeling mob that disguises as random nearby friendly mobs in order to sneak up on the player?
>>
>>227832293
ask asie
>>
>>227626367
Not autistic but really bored.
>>
Ok, on a scale from 1 to 10, what's the easiest method of making deep, dark fantasy rivers? All rivers that spawn for me are 3 blocks deep max. Do i need to use that MCedit program?
>>
File: 1364977751056.jpg (2 KB, 120x117)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>227841589
> deep dark fantasy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAiunvnFnDg
>>
>>227841768
Nice deleted video you have there.
>>
>it's been removed
>didn't even post the symbol
ANIKI I'M SORRY
>>
>>227841768
DELETED LOL DELETED DELETED VIDEO DELETED VIDEO
>>
File: aBFmpNDX6O8.jpg (306 KB, 1277x1920)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>227841768
At least it says video name so I don't need to search ID in google.
>>
>>227841878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnxGW49SMCI
I'm around relatives so I can't post any images
RIP dead bookmark
>>
>>227841589
use streams mod and disable rivers in biomes o' plenty configuration
>>
>>227842832
Fuck, i guess i should have installed it from the beginning.
>>
fuck yes you should have it's called the streams mod
>>
>watch Scribit, he's a good GTNH youtuber!
>start watching
>at ep3 he's still trying to use vanilla recipes and doesn't understand why it doesn't work
>"i need glass, i guess i need a machine to do it? I just got my first iron so i think im ready to build machines"
Holy shit why is this allowed.
>>
File: mcg.png (653 KB, 1498x572)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
>>227843661
h-he gets better
>>
>>227839681
>how would /mcg/ feel about a changeling mob that disguises as random nearby friendly mobs in order to sneak up on the player?
That'd actually be super cool. Like how Witchery has the Reflection, which mimics a nearby player
>>
>>227843783
He better :pepegun:
>>
>>227843848
if i had even the most rudimentary of programming skills i'd have a crack at it
best i can do for now is maybe an invincible pig mount with diamond-blue skin
>>
File: 1471859487777.jpg (239 KB, 1044x770)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>227844209
>:pepegun:
>>
>>227843661
the earlier episodes are a bit painful to watch, once he gets the idea how the modpack works it gets better
>>
>been playing GTNH for a month
>starting to get bored of my world and base
>feel like starting again
>remember how much work went into building all the shit in my base
>get second thoughts
save me from this madness
>>
>>227844934
>pick up everyhing
>teleport 20k blocks away
>>
>>227845197
it won't be the same

also, my quests got fucked up in the new update and I might have to reload anyway
>>
>>227845413
Don't you need to use some block between updates to unfuck your quests? that was literally one of the quests you had to read.
>>
>>227845596
Yes, I already tried that and it didn't work, I made a ticket on the github so we'll see if they'll help me fix it
>>
File: pain.png (238 KB, 564x530)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>227844934
I know that feel too well
>>
>RemoteIO lets you connect AE2 stuff across large distances and dimensions without needing that power-hungry quantum donut shit
>it stops working every single time you turn the server on
reeee
>>
File: bump.png (83 KB, 300x299)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>
>found a nice place to live
>can't figure out how to build stuff without it looking gay and out of place
baka famalam.
>>
>>227839681
>>227843848
>>227844473
How would you spot it though? Stuff like minor "imperfect copy"-details will break on any modded mob that doesn't have a "changeling model". Perhaps some barely-noticeable particles? Make it a "disguise" effect instead and it can be added to a potion for keks.

>have stuff like Millenaire installed
>live in a village full of "people mobs"
>one of them is a 'ling
>it won't reveal itself and attack unless you're close and turned your back on him
Spooky.
>all that while playing on hardcore
We SS13-level of paranoia now.
>>
Alive now?
>>
How the fuck do i find diamond ore in Stumpserb? I've tried mining down to y5-y15 and strip mining with OreExcavator, aswell as using a Scanner, but i haven't managed to find a single diamond ore for days now.
>>
>>227855539
ask someone else for coordinates if you're so unlucky
>>
File: Terror.png (36 KB, 380x469)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>227854928
>try to get started on IC2 in PFAA
>to make a macerator I need iron machine casings
>to make iron machine casings I need a metal former
>to make a metal former I need electronic circuits
>to make electronic circuits I need a precision assembler
>to make a basic circuit board I need a chemical reactor AND white plastic
>to make white plastic I need a plastic mixer
>YES I'M STILL TYPING
>to make a plastic mixer I need to start on oil production
>oil production requires an even longer list than I've just wrote SO I'LL JUST CONTINUE FROM THE REACTOR
>the reactor needs an iron workbench and a gas welding station and a set of files
>a set of files can only be made in a detonation spraying machine, which requires diamond dust

I'm not even halfway through.

And this is supposedly the first FUCKING real machine you are supposed to build after making a grinder.

This is the closest fucking thing to gregtech I have ever seen in terms of microcrafting I mean it is literally more than 10 machines and 50 steps in total.

FIFTY STEPS
TO MAKE A SINGLE EARLYGAME MACHINE THAT USES 2 EU PER TICK

It's like greg and TFC had a horrible abomination together
>>
File: ANGER.png (104 KB, 260x249)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
Oh sorry I didn't mean to quote
Anyway it's 50ish steps without evenconsidering the oil production
How do you NH fags do it
the grind is unreal
I'd rather watch someone cut through this kind of shit than do it myself
>>
So, what is your opinions on FTB Revelations modpack?
I'm trying to get my friends into minecraft and they're looking foward to try this one.
>>
>>227860905
Fucking awful. Not only does it try to be one of those hardcore packs that change every recipe into something 100x grindy, but it also forces timed crafting into nearly everything. Imagine if every mod was Steve's Carts 2, it's something like that.
>>
>>227825116
Oh, that's not me, anon. I'm still collecting clay, and a Forestry workbench helps with the bucket thing, at least doing it in batches of four. I believe that learning to streamline the process will be important for my sanity later, as will learning what tools (such as the workbench) will save me effort in the long run. Despite my panic hearing that I'd need 3-11 more blast furnaces, once that mental dust had settled the clay (and mortars to crush it) remains the only annoying thing. I wish that you got big clay piles instead of small ones, or at least you got like two small piles if you macerated it, or something.

>>227858945
>How do you NH fags do it
It's possible you might not be far enough along the spectrum to enjoy the grind. Or you're disorganized enough that you're wasting too much time finding things instead of getting through the crafting in a reasonable manner. Examine your crafting area and general pipeline of the process and see if you can optimize anything to reduce time spent shuffling through chests. It sounds like this involves TFC, which I know makes some of this tough - tougher even than greg - but I don't really know what to do about that, sorry.
>>
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/middle-earth-thaumaturgy

damn...
>>
does distinguished user "nilla" still come to this general

please respond
>>
File: cum.png (135 KB, 932x914)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
Okay, excuse me for my retardation, but I've been trying my damndest to play Minecraft optimally and despite what seems to be good results, oddly enough my game just has a tendency to shit itself. For like a good minute or two the game runs just fine, FPS as high as 120 and nothing out of the ordinary, but randomly my game will just dip into single digits for a few seconds before going back to normal. I know for a fact I must be doing something wrong, I just don't know what.
I'm covering as much ground as I can so here's my specs, my settings, my mods, etc.
I have no idea why it's acting up like this, although my biggest suspicion is my lack of ram, but the amount I allocated doesn't even get used up all the way.
I just wanna mine fellas ;_;
>>
>>227868542
Watch the memory usage. It should build up, and eventually go back down. If the lagspike happens when it goes back down, the problem is garbage collection. It might go up and down a few times without lagspike, giving a false negative, but if GC is the problem, it'll eventually have a lagspike where the memory goes down immediately.
Here's a lebbit post that might help. It refers to modded, but should help with vanilla. IDK if the arguments needed are different for 1.7.10 and 1.12.2.
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5jhuk9/modded_mc_and_memory_usage_a_history_with_a/
>>
>>227869368
How the hell do you get at the JVM args in the Twitch launcher? Did they seriously retard-proof it so hard that it's just not an option unless I export this instance to MultiMC or am I just blind?
>>
>>227855539
Distribution is nothing like vanilla and there are always associated ores mixed in like graphite and coal. Doesn't look like vanilla diamond ore visually either. All I did was pick a direction and tunnel at y=12 until I ran into some graphite, at which point I demolished the whole area spanning like 4 chunks and came out with around 7000 diamonds.
>>
>>227858648
Can't you make machine casings with a hammer?
>>
>>227869887
I just use Twitch to download a pack, then the vanilla launcher to make an instance and copy stuff from Twitch to the new directory. I haven't bothered with MultiMC yet.
>>
>>227869887
Also:
I think you *might* be able to add JVM args in the Twitch launcher, but it might not be a good idea. Some launchers add their own tweaking, and Twitch might be one of them. Multiple sets of tweaks = a mess.
>>
>>227869887
You are blind, look at the launcher options
>>
>>227874619
Aha, found it. Didn't know it was possible in the vanilla launcher; before i started building modpacks with Twitch I always used MultiMC. Thanks anon.
>>
>>227874874
I was talking about an option the twitch launcher has which will apply it to every single profile, but that works too.
>>
File: angery2.jpg (34 KB, 493x585)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>die 4000 meters from spawn

>"alright fine ill just use my fast vehicle to get there"

>10 IRL mins later i finally arrive at where i died (yes it was that fucking far away)

>"finally, after literal fucking ages i've arrived at the place i died."

>out of fucking nowhere, a fucking techcuns psycho steve boss spawns right where i fucking died and instantly fucking kills me because i had no armor and was only armed with an iron sword and iron pick because i didnt want to lose any valuable shit again

>i spawn right back to my home and now i don't have my fast vehicle

>mfw
>>
File: baddayatwork.gif (2.93 MB, 500x281)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB GIF
>>227877147
wrong pic
>>
>>227850840
>trivialising a difficult part of the mod
you shouldnt even install it
>>
>When you are bored waiting for your automatic miner and other things to go you dig a big hole anyway.
>>
>>227878356
Though to be fair this is an void ore miner I'm waiting on so it's not like I'll have 2 giant holes.
>>
how do i install optifine
>>
>>227877147
>10min to travel 4k blocks
>fast vehicle
I remember trying to derp pillar up against Steve and discovering the hard way he can jump like 7 blocks
>>
>>227878496
I also do like this actually additions mining drill, better than a tinker pick.
>>
>>227878704
It got stuck in leaves alot, but definitely faster than walking or horse.
>>
File: 2018-09-13_17.58.07.png (1.36 MB, 1920x1058)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
how do i into ravine houses?
>>
>>227880981
You don't, because ravines are too narrow and tend to look like shit in general (this one having grass in it helps but it's still not very good)

absolute maximum is I'd build cave houses in both sides of the walls and build bridges over the ravine between them (RopeBridge mod makes this lazy and easy)
>>
is there a mod that lets me tweak fishing loot tables for 1.7.10? I have minetweaker, but i dont think it lets you do that.
>>
>>227880981
open wall rooms
your ledges have dirt on them so maybe grow some plant
narrow unsafe bridges because a real man just hops the chasm
if you go for a staircase carve it into the side and make sure its steep and a little broken up
>>
File: ExDe.jpg (15 KB, 480x480)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>227878356
>the ftb experience
>>
>played the pack i made for 200+ hours
>STILL havent started bees
>>
>>227880981
braced against the walls without relying on supports going to the bottom, they get flash floods every time it rains
use a ladder to get down
>>
>>227826606
there's an updated tekkit for 1.7.10, though it's not official or anything

haven't played it so your mileage may vary, if you just want to scope out the modding scene go grab a kitchen sink pack and play around
>>
>>227888830
don't worry anon. nearly every pack I've tried has bees in it and i still haven't gotten around to using them
>>
>>227888830
>>227891309
Oh boy, can't wait to kick off another 10-minute cycle to roll the dice for RNG genes for the 8000th time. Three and a half years later and still no Dilligent Princess.
>>
>>227891549
great, now I'm interested in bee shit. sorry eldrich dimension, you'll have to wait
>>
>>227888830
Without Gendustry, I don't see how you're supposed to apply traits from one bee to another. Princesses are limited in supply, so if it messes up and takes the species trait, you gotta re-breed with "pure" bees and hope you get the species trait, but not the other traits...
By the end of it, it'll make monarchy family trees look normal, and have taken all of said time from the Dark Ages to the fall of monarchy rule.
>>
>>227888830
>>227891309
Getting enough honey to make an alveary is one hell of a time.
>>
Almost have enough terrain generated to be satisfied with it. I really should have automated this, did not expect it to take this long.
>>227892509
Forgot to say, without Gendustry or Genetics(binnie's mods).
Also, since when should a tech or farming mod, make you explore more and more chunks if you want to expand your setup? Usually it's just mining a decent amount of chunks.
Forestry also does this with apatite, and Buildcraft does it with oil. I guess it was probably because of dealing with these that people realized "Oh maybe we shouldn't do that to the server".
I would be fine with this sort of mechanic, if it was a mostly void random-seed dimension that cleared on exit, so it doesn't increase the server file size or cause worldgen lag when someone wants more bees.
For BC oil, it'd have to be blocks you can mine out, place at home, and then pump, so the dimension can be cleared instead of staying chunkloading to be pumped of oil, would be weird though.
>>
File: Hole.png (1.17 MB, 1920x1080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
Chisel is a pretty cool mod, because now i can just make everything out of stone blocks without shame.
>>
>>227894531
Looks bland af
>>
>>227894531
>without shame
I don't know about that, anon. You need more shapes, you need more color. Throw some stairs in the mix, jut a room out with a small balcony in the wall above the furnace room there, use some stairs in places just for something that isn't squares. You have a start going - i like the overgrown look with the mossy bricks and the vines - but it's not enough to offset the overwhelming, depressing amounts of gray.
>>
>>227894531
>>227894846
Sorry, I meant "use some walls in places." Even vanilla minecraft has more shapes than just full blocks, and even when the full outline of the room is still a cube you can make it more than six smooth-flat faces. I'm not gonna tell you to start over and try again, but what you have at this point definitely can't be the finished product. Keep at it!
>>
File: javaw_2018-09-13_21-45-23.png (633 KB, 1920x1040)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
How the fuck can vanilla fags do stuff like this one block at a time?
>>
>>227877147
I dropped a Psycho Steve on stumpserb last night and he dropped 3 fucking chainsaws.

I want to stick one on the end of a stick and have a chainsword.
>>
>>227896221
most people i know just tnt and fill in the holes after

most people i know are console fags
>>
So, what's the preferred cocktail of performance mods for 1.7.10 modded? Fastcraft and Optifine are obvious, but will the latter mess with GTNH? What about BetterFPS, FPS Plus and CoFHTweaks? My performance is -pretty good,- but I get the occasional fps dip, and the launch options did more harm than good in my case.
>>
What's a modpack that's fun and easy to get into? 1.12 preferred
>>
>>227896221
The power of Autism.
>>
>>227896221
>efficiency V
>haste II(beacon)
>diamond pick
its about as fast as creative.. also tnt
>>
>>227898928
creative mining is slow as fuck though, you can achieve faster speeds even than mashing M1 in vanilla (RIP your left mouse button if you're clearing a large area), and much moreso than holding it like a retard. that very method you described instantmines stone at literally the fastest speed any tool in minecraft can mine. the only thing a higher mining speed via mods does is make you able to instantmine harder materials
>>
>>227896604
Everything should be fine except CoFH Tweaks, do NOT use that with Optifine.
I haven't played GregTech much(started a GT6 world and abandoned, started a GT5u and GT++ world, not far in), so IDK if there's rendering errors or such with Optifine and GT, but honestly there shouldn't be, it's not as bad as it used to be. And a minor rendering bug is worth the performance, if it works. I know I've heard some say it didn't improve performance, so test it, but it probably will.
>>
>>227899275
>instantmine
i may have meant this actually, havent used creative in a dogs age
>>
WOOOOOORLDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
PLEASE
>>
>>227870545
ye
>>
>>227900928
y'know what, maybe I'll post my save somewhere for everyone once I get worldgen done
there's a couple mods I took out of the instance because toaster, but I don't think any of them affect worldgen, especially not in overworld
also the config of oregen and such
there's a lot more ore in it than normal, but the idea is for singleplayer or small server rather than a large server
>>
Who in their right fucking mind makes a pack without some crafting lookup variant?
>>
>>227877147
>thisisthefutureyouchose.jpg
>>
DON'T PLAY A MODPACK CALLED PFAA
DON'T DO IT NIGGA
>>227870545
only for bronze. For higher tiers you need a metal former.
Also I just remembered that you also need a bottling machine to turn all your tfc wood chests into regular chests for literally all the recipes. You can't even craft a chest, you gotta shit some creosote on it to turn it into vanilla. That's how fucking stupid it is.
>>
>>227906219
IT'S TOO LATE MAN
>>
If I make a really long redstone circuit that extends into other chunks, will the part that extends into unloaded chunks just not work?
>>
>>227906932
I'll make sure to "YOOO" on your grave anon
>>
Are there any 1.7.10 tools like Dire's Building Gadgets? That build-to-me function looks real neat.
The closest thing I know is Similisax Transtructors, which let's you extend something by clicking on it, don't know exactly how it works, haven't used it yet.
Builder's wands are neat, but you gotta start a line somehow.
>>
Are there any mods that alter world gen so that ores spawn in larger but incredibly infrequent veins? Like, I'm just looking for a reason to build a proper 'mine' with carts and such.
>>
>>227907324
With both builder's wands and transtructors, you should be able to build as easily as with the Building Gadget. For the Exchanging Gadget, there's a mod simply called Exchangers.
>>
>>227909826
Anything greg, unfortunately. A light smattering of mostly useless ores are available but any significant cache (thousands, apparently) of ores are generated once every three chunks (or once every nine?)in either direction.

But then you're playing greg.
>>
File: it's the greg anon btw.png (444 KB, 1920x1017)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
Does the special armor in Adventure Backpack actually do anything? Does it have any point, other than being as strong as chain armor? Is it particularly durable, have any sort of special ability...? It seems awfully pricey to craft compared to 24 plates for a suit of iron armor, not to mention stuff scavenged from roguelike dungeons.

Also this firebrick grind is tough bros. It's looming over me real hard. I feel like the previous suggestion of 4 blast furnaces is pretty much the bare minimum I can get away with, and more isn't a bad idea, but still. I've been procrastinating by touching up the village a bit, but the sooner I build them the better given how long steel takes to produce...
>>
>>227911709
It used to take like an hour and a half of bronze compressor time to make the individual bricks. Thankfully that's been changed. Now the most annoying part is that for four blasters, you pretty much need to mine every single calcite ore from a lapis vein, and every single gypsum ore from a mineral sands vein.
>>
>>227882538
can confirm zzz's custom configs works
>>
instant-mine is a well-balanced game mechanic
>>
>>227912084
Calcite is apparently also a byproduct of Pyrochlore ore, which I can buy for coins a stack at a time. Do I have the means to do that at current? (Otherwise, what's the use of Pyrochlore, and why do I have the option to buy it so early?)
>>
>10
>>
>>227914769
It's a midgame source of Niobium IIRC, and it is buyable only for the sake of players who had developed worlds before Pyrochlore was added to the worldgen.

You will not be able to obtain Calcite from Pyrochlore until you have infrastructure that can just as easily extract it from Marble.
>>
how do i get minecraft for free?
>>
>>227918709
>t. can't fucking read the thread
>>
>>227918825
sooo i made an account on minecraft / mojang or hwatever, downloaded the anon crack thing, added acc, when i run an instance it wont even fuckin run MINECRAFT like whY
>>
>>227920120
Nigger you should've just downloaded a "cracked" MultiMC.
>>
>>227920491
all i wanna know is if i can play with my normie friends irl on their server without paying a single dollar? is that possible?
>>
>>227920645
>on their server
tell them to use
online-mode=false
and some login plugin
>>
>>227911116
yeaaa, no greg for me
>>
>>227877147
Techguns is fucking stupid.
>>
>>227920959
k but offline mode duzt even woork
>>
>>227922786
CEASE
E
A
S
E
>>
So how is thaumcraft 6?

I haven't been on /mcg/ in forever, but I was thinking about the game again. Back last time I played, maybe two or three years ago, thaumcraft made up literally 90% of every thread, but I barely see it here now. Is it no good? Or is it the lack of addons that hurt it? Or is it good but just not worth talking about for some reason?

Or is /mcg/ just that dead
>>
>>227924256
thaum 6 is buggy and incomplete, golem pathfinding kills servers, and it really doesn't add anything you can't get from botania or blood magic

it's basically a flavor mod at this point
>>
>>227924341
aww, that sounds sad. Thaumcraft was always so talked about because of its in depth and complex mechanics. Probably the biggest of which was the node bullying which everyone had to ask about... but looking it up, they got rid of nodes? And no eldritch either? sad
>>
>>227907176
try and play minecraft without loading it and see how far you get
>>
I hate hate hate hate villages i really need a mod to disable them, while not touching other worldgen spawnables like dungeons or whatever, is there any mods for 1.2.10 pls name
Also i haven't been playing cubes for a while, are there any interesting mods that came out recently? my kitchensink wants blood post mods thank
>>
>>227855539
Go to the jungle gate and move SW till you see a village next to a river(It's pretty close). Right below the other side of the river(the jungle side) is a big diamond vein. Good luck
>>
has anyone made a config/compat patch for agricraft and thaumic bases?
>>
Is there any mod that can keep me hooked on the game for more than ten minutes?
I'm bored as fuck and now I can't even find anything interesting to play.
>>
File: YyuDnu5.jpg (322 KB, 1540x922)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
JOIN MY FUCKING CIVCLASSICS TOWN YOU SONS OF WHORES
>>
Speaking of greg and his tech that is on a norizons that are new.

>play old version
>insufferable
>play for a month on a server with tickrate of 1
>have to find 256 of every kind of ore just to start bronze age
>excavator tools locked behind MV
>somehow get there, get my tools, cum in my mouth, regret doing that.
>2.0 releases
>frog that is very sad and green. picture of jpeg format
>finally decided to play gtnh again
>seems more fair this time around
>tools don't give any bonuses anymore, can't find what config file manages that and overall it seems hard-coded in new versions of some TCon addon that i can't even find in folders.
>urge to just cheat myself my old tools with old modifiers rises.
Is this cheating or what do you think. So far i just gave myself steel tools and enough steel to repair it (will delete it when i get to blast furnace tier) but still i feel sad and already started cheating
but then again >just mine everything again at slow speed 1 block at a time; It's just too much for me to go again through.
>>
>>227933232
why not just install veinminer
>>
>>227934184
Too lazy to configure and at least some sort of fairness retained.
>>
>>227934489
are you worried you'll cheat yourself out of the experience of holding left click for half an hour? is that what you play this game for?

because i wouldn't feel cheated
>>
is there a good premade modpack that has a bunch of magic mods, with all the cross-support addons between them? like the one that lets you make livingwood wands in thaumcraft, the only pack I've seen that in is agrarian skies 2
>>
>>227935551
regrowth. heavily magic centered, it has an even slower start than some skyblocks, but it's unique among modpacks and is worth playing at least once
>>
>>227934726
Well okay, i'll see if it's a cancer to install or not, seems like cancer to me since i need to add all 300 greg's ores...
>>
I think I'll put this PFAA world in the backburner for the moment being, then I'll try to see if I can use extrautil's builder to move my whole base into the last millennium, so I can play with 60 FPS and get back to the real world and steady 20 FPS when I need to dig for ores and stuff.
Do chunkloaders work between dimensions? I want to get MUH GAINZ from the clusters I'm currently drilling, but if they don't I'm fine with cheating them into the last millennium a ways off from my base.
>>
File: 2018-09-14_09.04.14.png (142 KB, 1920x1017)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
Another day glorious, another Gregorius. Today, I endeavor to find out how the hell this thing works, in the search for more calcite.
>>
File: 2018-09-14_09.09.53.png (376 KB, 1920x1017)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>227939376
Hmm. I aligned myself with the veincenter grid and walked in a straight line. Eventually, the wand inverted and started... bubbling at me. I guess this is the spot, and the coordinates do check out for that to be the case...
>>
>>227939715
useful tool
>>
File: 2018-09-14_09.12.21.png (196 KB, 1920x1017)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>227939715
Lo and behold! Kinda wish I'd been using it the whole time, but then I only really made one when I felt I needed it. Simpler than I thought, and I get the distinct feeling it will be more useful the more I exhaust the ore around my home village.
>>
Base tour when.
>>
>>227939996
Mine? Well, it's certainly in no condition for screencaps at the moment. Even the inside of my workshop will need to be refitted to be presentable, and that's to say nothing of the village I'm supposed to have been improving this whole time, but in reality I've only really fixed up the paths and cleared some foliage still... I promise you, there's not much to see at the moment. But, later!
>>
Oh wow the enhanced building guide doesn't copy a base, it just lets you create shapes
LAME
>>
File: 2018-09-14_09.21.56.png (139 KB, 1920x1017)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>227939853
I really have my doubts I'll ever need anywhere near this much sodalite/lazurite, especially proportional to how much calcite is here compared to how much I need. A dedicated calcite vein might have been nice, or at least some alternate source available before I lose the need for bricked blasters...
>>
>>227940335
>not INCREDIBLY USEFUL

There's a mod that does that I think. Blueprints and stuff and you can even copy them between instances.
>>
>>227940442
didn't anon say that with steam tanks bricked blaster furnaces are good until HV
>>
>>227925121
eldritch is nyi, not removed, but nodes are gone yeah
>>
>>227940442
check the uses for the dust forms of the metal ores you're digging up like chalcopyrite or mineral sands, and see how many of them can be cooked in the bricked blasters for bonus ingots
>>
What's the trick to using TCon smeltery channels because i always end up with partially filled basins/tables even if amount of stuff dividable by amount of basins, it's just that since some of them get fluids faster they fuck everything up.
>>
I'm thinking about trying 1.12. How good is the new Thaumcraft now? I remember it being buggy and sort of linear, I had to jump through a bunch of hoops just to get golems and I couldn't get them to really work well. I also want to get Botania and the bug dimension mod
>>
play PseudoElliPosChengBand -R
>>
File: Apologize.png (487 KB, 978x324)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
Begone.
>>
File: .png (1.34 MB, 1784x730)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
Oh yeah and some more KSBD architecture because
>>
Moving everything in my base to the promised land of FPS using filing cabinets, they're really handy and retain their contents.

It's gonna be a bitch to set up all those waterwheels but my PC will have a breather.
>>
>>227950794
I've always wondered about moving bases. In the early game I usually just set up in a cave or a shed and call it good while I stockpile materials, would making 2 ender chests work? one would be in the new base, with a hopper underneath it, feeding into a large chest, while the other ender chest would be at my old base while I stick shit into it. Of course I'll probably need a chunk loader too so the hopper works
>>
>>227946282
put faucets on the basins and tables too.

or better yet use any other piping system now that you know basins and tables are just another kind of fluid tank
>>
File: 2018-09-14_18.56.22.png (797 KB, 1920x1025)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
>>227951054
Or you could cut through the bullshit and do this
this is good
>>
>>227951191
huh, i forgot about dollies. my ender chest idea wouldn't work anyway since they can't interact with hoppers apparently. i guess in a vanilla world i could just nether portal link and build a railsystem if i had to
>>
aw man peaceful nights doesn't work in this dimension, thank god I've got magnum torches
>>
>>227764375
N-nobody?

I just want to make my mineshaft look pretty.
>>
>>227951831
I wish i had mineshaft but im playing greg and his smelly tech...
>>
>>227947349
Research is now basically a glorified quest book mod. The only minigame thing left, theorycrafting, is absolute shit.
>>
>>227936363
Or just blacklist stones? That is more difficult than it should be because Greg adds different stones, but should be easier than adding ores.
Quicker tree chopping while you're at it!
>>
>>227954248
What do you mean, i can make it work as blacklist instead of whitelist? Wouldn't i need to also blacklist every single stone decorative block/anything except ores?
>>
>>227922519
1.12.2 has geolosys
but then you lose 1.7.10 mods
(classic combat is a mod that exists, so if good old mods aren't holding you back there's that)
>>
>>227954542
>oreexcavation.cfg
>Block blacklist
OreExcavation. It's in 1.7.10 and 1.12.2.
>>
>>227954248
Oh, I see what you mean. Is there a problem with being able to oreexcavae things you built, or really anything other than stone? I guess if you accidentally hit ~ when breaking stuff...
But a lot easier than adding all the ores.
>>
what about a sword that, when left-clicked, regardless of what you clicked on, will create a hitbox, that damages everything in it's range
>>
>>227957135
including air ofc
>>
>>227957271
so like the sweep attack from vanilla? :^)
>>
>>227960307
Nope, because with this you could just attack anywhere, you don't have to click a mob to cause a sweep. It's an attack with a hitbox, like in any normal game.
>>
>>227960797
arent you just asking mojang to get their shit together?
>>
>>227960910
I don't expect it to happen from Mojang. That's why I'm hoping a mod will do it. If I get into modding, I might do it, but don't count on that happening.
>>
>dire would rather cut himself than do Extra Planets+Planet Progression
HA
>>
>>227697170
>>227698605
Embers.
>>
>>227955262
>>227955094
>>227954248
So installed veinminer, no way to turn it to blacklist, whitelist only.
It automatically added every ore and every tool in it which is amazing but gregtech ores don't work. Spawned greg copper and TCon copper - greg doesn't veinmine but TCon is. Gonna try ore excavation i guess
>>
>>227964427
Use Oreexcavation instead. It's like Veinminer, but better. It's on both 1.7.10 and 1.12.2.
>>
File: 2018-09-14_15.40.00.png (366 KB, 854x480)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
Let's say I build something like this and fill it with Testifikikes. How do I encourage the little Anne Franks to jump on the stream, towards the concentration camp?
>>
>>227964742
Related: is there any way to prevent (((them))) from throwing food on the stream?
>>
>>227964742
Unless they fixed it in meme versions, mobs should regard open trapdoors as full blocks and thus stumble through them to the land below.
>>
>>227965884
The meme versions didn't change it, but my problem is actively encouraging them to jump off the boat. I'd use a zombie for that but it prevents other kikes from breeding.
>>
>>227952135
Yeah, that's what I meant. Is it any better now? I remember you couldn't even complete the quests legit and you had to complete them with console commands. How are the new golems? Is any of it fun? I remember the new spell system looked kind of good at least.
>>
>>227964742
Do they drop anything now? What do you get from it, other than satisfaction?
>>
File: 2018-09-10_20.50.08.png (1.12 MB, 1920x1028)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
planning a base and sticking to a theme and not getting bored is really hard
>>
>>227966492
I like automating things. Plus I want to use them in a bunch of projects:

>market
>iron golem farm
>a decent-looking village
>monster sorter for zombies
>>
>>227964692
Fuck man that worked, thanks a lot! It just werks. But do you know the undo button? it's not in options or on mod page.
>>
>>227966710
see what you need is multiple themed bases anon
>>
>>227964742
oh, so edgy. (you) missed /pol/ by a few boards, kiddo.
>>
>>227968708
Not a /pol/tard. I just enjoy ethnic slurs, you nigger spic American chink.
>>
>>227967049
>"Max Undos"=0
Change that if you want undos. It say may lead to instability, so be careful.
It's probably a command.
Install HelpFixer, just in case there's a mod that breaks /help.
>>
File: smug.jpg (18 KB, 287x241)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>227968708
>le /pol/ meme
>Kiddo
>>
>>227964742
trying way too hard
>>
>>227968784
anon... you know how ironic shitposting is still shitposting?
>>
please stop
there is nothing to be gained from continuing this conversation
there's an entire board for this nonsense
>>
File: 2018-09-14_16.51.35.png (395 KB, 1404x845)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
Back to the game, I'm trying to design a water elevator for mobs, however they do like to get stuck on the voxel with the signs. Any idea?

>>227970063
Not ironic. I'm just pointing out that just because some random wop spic bydło uses ethnic slurs doesn't mean he's from /pol/.
>>
File: 1536769141262.png (493 KB, 620x1101)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
Well all this spontaneous monster generation in the last millennium is making me think: I could just make a grinder with a couple fans and have the monsters fall on iron spikes (can't do diamond yet, super expensive).
I even found some matter overdrive mobs, so there's a chance the game might spawn some techguns mobs (scary!) so maybe some of them will give me something useful anyway. In any case continuous loot generation is always good. I'll try to copy Etho's poozone grinder for this.
>>
File: 2018-09-14_17.00.03.png (442 KB, 1404x845)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
Another example, note how the child is stuck in the water stream but doesn't go all the way left. I'm worried they might die.
>>
File: 2016-05-04_15.00.19.png (582 KB, 1920x1017)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>227971727
maybe try alternating water and signs?
as in, sign, water, sign, water
not multiple blocks of water
flowing-down water is probably bad
this is what google images brought up
>>
>>227972441
The problem is this approach doesn't work with smaller mobs, like Testichilds.
>>
what the hell did PFAA do to worldgen?
before I could hop in a boat and play some FF boat music
what mod causes it?
is it CustomOreGen?
If it's just the thing that generates techguns ore clusters, I could just cheat some of that stuff in.
>>
>>227973326
You mean the fact that THE GAPING VOID OF NOTHINGNESS tries to eat your map every ten or so chunks?
Yeah, I have no idea either dude. Worldgen is SLOW as FUCK in PFAA.
>>
>>227972441
I might also let them to grow there, so eventually the problem solves itself. But at the end of the day I guess I'll simply build the farm a bit higher, and use no elevator at all.

Thank you by the way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.