[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vip/ - Very Important Posts

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
05/08/16Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1484952254043.gif (551 KB, 400x222)
551 KB
551 KB GIF
Does anyone still use the acronym "LOL" unironically?
>>
In chatrooms all the time. I've notice some of my other chatroom goers using kek or hue more but a lol still happens. I've been using chatrooms since 95 and I'm not going to stop using lol because 4chan meme culture changed lol to lel to kek.
>>
>>55797
>4chan meme culture changed lol to lel to kek.
So what's the next step?
>>
>>55800
Probably something related to video games. We got kek out of the laughing of Horde players from the view of Alliance on WoW. In a parallel to that the onomatopoeia for laughing in Korea, a huge market for video games, was also kekeke. That's how that took root. I could be wrong though. With the way things are going some tumblrfag might make a different way of laughing because it's less oppressive.
>>
>>55800
Zozzle
>>
>>55802
zoz
>>
>>55797
>"LOL" unironically?

Yes. Very useful for mocking idiots online.
>>
>>55797
>he cares what acronyms are "cool" to use
LOL
>>
>>55797
>unironically

God forbid people dare to enjoy things, right?
>>
>>55817
>>55816
Where in the OP did I imply that it was a bad thing to use "LOL"? It isn't, I was just commenting on how I don't see it used very much anymore.
>>
>>55797
yes.
I use it ironically, but never on 4chan. Just in chat with friends. i can't exactly go around saying kek.
>>
>>55893
This, its an easy way to clarify tone in a message.
>>
lol is god tier
lmao is also good
rofl is shit
>>
>>55797
i use it often, but mostly only if i actually do laugh out loud. or at least chuckle quietly.
>>
>>55955
but roflcopter is elder got tier.
>>
>>55959
I prefer roflmao over roflcopter but then I don't use either very much. I use lol to indicate that I enjoyed the joke and lmao when it's a deep or long belly laugh but that is used sparingly so as not to be overused. I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist.
>>
>>55960
I'll rofl your wafl
>>
>>56171
I don't have to pay you for services now, do I?
>>
File: 1.jpg (532 KB, 1050x1523)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>>55797
LOL
>>
File: tieblue3.jpg (80 KB, 870x571)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
In the mid-90s when my family got America Online, I didn't know what lol meant when people used it in chat rooms. I thought it was supposed to represent the tie fighters from Star Wars.
>>
>>56301
lol
>>
>>56301
lol lol
lol - O

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.