[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vip/ - Very Important Posts

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: pc gaming 2017.jpg (2.07 MB, 2299x1830)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Does /vip/ enjoy PC gaming?
>>
File: 1487911243123.jpg (1.68 MB, 1051x2231)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>57762
>>
>>57763
>Danganronpa
>prominently feature waifus
???
And Nier Automata has two lewd characters in it and it never focuses on that content. The appeal is a fast paced Platinum-style action game with a plot that changes each time you play it.
>>
I'm looking forward to playing the new Resident Evil on PC soon.

And Nier Automata
>>
>>57765
nice try waifufag
>>
Japanese games shouldn't be ported to PC.
>>
File: 524220_20170323230911_1.png (1.08 MB, 1920x1080)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>57780
But I like playing them on PC
>>
File: 413410_2016-02-18_00015.png (1.92 MB, 1920x1080)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>57763
Shadowverse is a Hearthstone-esque card game with less RNG than Hearthstone.
Persona 4 Golden focuses primarily on solving a mystery case while learning how to manage life sim elements alongside rpg elements to best progress in the game without spending too much time or too little time on any one thing.
Danganronpa is a mystery visual novel about people being put into a killing game; its Phoenix Wright-esque in presentation, and should not be compared to "waifufag fap material".
Nier Automata has fast paced and extremely smooth Platinum combat somewhat comparable to games like Metal Gear Rising, but more varied in the gameplay types involved and a lot harder in the sense of enemy agression. When combined with a stellar soundtrack and a story that could only be told through the medium of a video game, its a solid game and not comparable to "waifu fag fap bait"
>>
>>57763
>Ragnarok Online

Wait, is that still even a thing? I tried that like fourteen years ago, then stopped, then heard they were making RO2, then they cancelled it, then they started making it again, then they cancelled it again, and I figured it was down to a few dozen people worldwide playing it on a bootleg server by now.
>>
Momodora V is 3D now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMcits9JMT8
>>
>>57830
its ftp on steam.
>>
VANQUISH INCOMING
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/bayonetta-pc-updated-vanquish-teaser
>>
>>57826
Thats a really misleading way to describe Persona 4. You can get the true ending without doing a single time management activity
>>
>>57762
>final tits game
Only a week or so no!
>>
File: valkyrie drive.gif (1.17 MB, 500x281)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
Forget TitS, VALKYRIE DRIVE IS GETTING A PC RELEASE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUwblHRYaFc
>>
>>57762
How many of the games in this image are Vita ports?
>>
>>57763
I guess all my fun is artificial then.
>>
>>59307
4 games
>Operation Abyss
>Operation Babel
>Monster Monpiece
>Criminal Girls
>>
>>59310
Ah, I'm thinking PS4 and vita together
>>
>>59311
If you include PS4/Vita titles, it increases to around 13 games, though the PC releases are all based on the PS4 versions as far as I'm aware.
Also forgot about A Rose in the Twilight.
Honestly I'm planning on remaking the image to have a bit more variety and some more PC-centric titles since I'm not satisfied with it being so lopsided. I mostly play Japanese games though so my knowledge of gaming makes it look this way
>>
not so much anymore.
>>
>>57762
not that I can think of

I do hit monsters in osrs sometimes for xp
>>
>>57762
I can barley be bothered to turn on my consoles anymore. I haven't gotten a game that was actually good on them in a while.

My PC is starting to become a potato though, so I guess I might get more use out of my XBONE in the coming years until I can upgrade if I want to try any new and cutting edge games. Though even then I can't think of any that have come out recently or are coming out soon that aren't from a publisher I'm actively boycotting.
>>
>>60778
What publishers are you currently boycotting, out of curiosity?
>>
File: valkyrie.jpg (2.15 MB, 3840x2160)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
Valkyrie Drive and Sega Hard Girls are getting releases in June
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls-pc-launches-june-12
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-pc-launches-june-20
>>
>>57762
Aren't all of these games on consoles as well?
>>
File: 1492301046774.gif (38 KB, 460x398)
38 KB
38 KB GIF
>>57763
But Va-11 Hall-A is actually good, fight me fgt
>>
>>62137
PC gaming is mostly just console ports and indie shit I still prefer it to console gaming though
>>
>paying for digital content
>>
>>62137
Not all of them, but most of them. But you have to own various consoles to own them all, and they don't look or run as good on consoles, so why get them there?
>>62166
Why not? Digital content is sometimes even better than physical content since it doesn't take up space and you can move it around easily.
>>
File: zwei 2.png (486 KB, 614x640)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
Is this something to be excited for?
>>
>>62166
>paying for slightly reduced post timers
>not being willing to pay for an actual game
hmmm
>>
>>62166
I don't mind paying for digital content if it's really dirt cheap. Steam sales where the game is 75% or more off tends to be a great deal on something I'd otherwise never buy. I'd never pay full price for a digital game but don't get me wrong, I tend not to pay full price for physical copies either. I'm just a stingy jew I guess.
>>
>>62166
I only buy games with 50%+ discounts, most of my steam library is games that cost less than $10. You can't get prices like that for physical media unless you buy used from unreliable merchants.
>>
File: moe chronicles.jpg (1.37 MB, 3774x4374)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
THIS IS HUGE

THE GENKAI TOKKI SERIES MAY BE ABLE TO GET LOCALIZED AFTER ALL

People thought these games would never come because IFI thinks they need to censor them for ESRB, but by the looks of it, they can just skip that all together.
This game never got a Western release. If this sells well, Moe Crystal might actually be able to come over and get an English translation.
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/moero-chronicle-coming-west-pc-via-steam-summer
>>
File: 1494103605338.jpg (45 KB, 500x420)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>57763
>waifus
>>
Please don't let Vitagen be a more successful thread on /vip/ than this one
>>
>>63283
The vague interest I have in games at all is PC gaming. The idea of a handheld is pretty strange to me but then the only handheld console I ever owned was the brick GameBoy and the thing ate batteries so much that my parents didn't let me buy or buy for me another.
>>
>>63284
Handhelds are nice for people who travel a lot and don't drive or people who just want to play with ease wherever whenever.

I prefer PC gaming too but I can see why people would want a Vita. A shame about your parents though
>>
File: shopping cart.png (163 KB, 633x491)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
Steam summer sale started
Did I do gud /vip/?
>>
>>63588
I suppose, though I don't really know any of those games.

This sale is kinda disappointment for me. There's really nothing that interest me and the few that do are only 33% off, not enough to make me want to buy it.
>>
>>63652
I think the general sentiment is that the more you already like and have the less interesting sales will be. First sale is always the best.
>>
File: 1469064835957.jpg (31 KB, 858x725)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Riddle me this VIPPERs.

Why the FUCK has KT not ported any Ninja Gaiden games to PC yet? We're getting fucking Atelier games now, but not a single Ninja Gaiden, arguably their biggest, most well-known franchise?
>>
Fate/Extella is coming
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/fateextella-coming-pc-via-steam-july-25

Unfortunately its just a musou
>>64230
KT doesn't port any of their older games. The oldest they'll port is stuff a year old.

Besides, Atelier is better than Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>64198
I'm inclined to agree with you. I just bought a shitload of old FPS bundles that were 80% off under $5; I don't anticipate I'll play or even enjoy them but I figured they're so cheap, they'll never get any cheaper and if they suck, I'm only out a few bucks.
>>
More Ys on the way
At this rate almost every Ys game will be available on one platform
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-coming-pc-via-steam-summer
>>
>>57763
>not putting in Disgaea
>>
Free key for DmC: Devil May Cry if anyone wants it: R0HHZ-P9MGZ-J4EH6
>>
Only if I can pirate it, I'm not willing to pay for a digital "copy".
If PC games were actually released physically with the entire game on the discs and without requiring Steam, then I'd be more than happy to pay for games.
I bought The Witcher 3 out of principle just because CDPR releases their games physically with the entire game on the discs and it doesn't require Steam.
>>
File: pc gaming 2017.jpg (3.29 MB, 2299x2905)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
I updated the OP. Did I miss anything?
>>
Got a high end PC but still prefer console gaming desu
>>
File: 1459489903185.jpg (40 KB, 500x461)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
http://store.steampowered.com/app/637650/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION/
>>
I built my first PC in 2014 and I've upgraded a few components here and there but I'm thinking it may be time to do a full new build again. Is three and a half years a good enough time to wait before doing a new build or should I continue replacing a few internal parts?
>>
>>67425
Depends on how good your PC is currently. What are your specs?
>>
File: Speccy_New.png (104 KB, 674x533)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>67432
My CPU and GPU are the two oldest parts I still haven't upgraded. I'm fearful of replacing my CPU because it was a nightmare to put in; that crunching sound of the bar crushing the chip; I don't want to do it again. And I know there's no point upgrading my GPU if my CPU bottlenecks it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.