[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Outdated.png (209 KB, 1316x1269)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
Previous: >>33771466
Image is outdated
>>
File: 1505626891957.jpg (33 KB, 326x326)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
first for Megumin imouto satan-chan
>>
second for that sexy anice-chan
>>
>>33788001
are the rules still "dubs adds something"?

If not how are things decided now?
>>
>>33788001
Fourth for "what's the current regional forms?"

Kanto:
Mankey - Grass/Psychic
Pikachu - Dragon
Koffing - Fire/Water
Dratini - Ice/Dragon

Johto:
Gligar - Water/Fighting
Quagsire - Water/Dark OR Ground/Dark OR something else
???
???

Hoenn:
Lileep - Grass/Electric
Anorith - Ice/Bug OR Steel/Bug OR Ground/Bug OR Ice/Steel
Nosepass - Rock/Ghost
Sableye - Fairy/Dark
Mawile - Fairy
(too many from hoenn? do we want to include all 5 or cut out one?)

Sinnoh:
???
???
???
???

What am I missing?

>>33788118
Just discussion, it's going pretty well actually. Just suggest something and if a couple people like it it gets included.
>>
I want to love and respect Boundelaire-senpai
>>
>>33788127
I'd say stay with the 4 regional forms rule. I vote to take out Mawile since it's the least "different" out of all the forms. We still need backstories for Pikachu and Dratini if I remember correctly too
>>
>>33788001
Is someone actually going to make this game or is this whole thing just pointless autism?
>>
>>33788118
"Dubs adds something" got two threads deleted so I'd rather not
>>
File: treeoctopus3.jpg (45 KB, 450x350)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>33788127
Voting to add a Grass/Steel Octillery regional form based on the pacific northwest tree octopus

Make it a rare encounter from headbutt trees
>>
>>33788179
I hope that this actually gets made, but like most things on this board its probably purely autism.
>>
>>33788160
Ok, Mawile is out.

How about Dratini became an Ice-type due to the region being previously cold like the lore says, and just stayed that way into modern times?

And Pikachu can be a Dragon-type because there were already too many Electric-types and electricity in the region and adapted to be able to prey on many more things in the region. A more modern form, came after the urbanization of the region.

>>33788179
I think they were looking into it, but autism is fun anyway.

>>33788204
I really like it, will add if someone else agrees.
>>
>>33788204
Or make it a rare encounter in the safari zone. We need some rare shit to fill it up with
>>
>>33788204
>after much of the regions water froze over, Octillery adapted by utilizing it's long limbs to grab onto nearby trees, preying on smaller birds and bugs that had the misfortune of landing on the branches.
>>
>>33788204
>>33788265
Im on board, but where does the steel typing come from?
>>
>>33788203
>bending over for hotpockets
pathetic
>>
>>33788127
Ground Grass Abomasnow for Sinnoh since it lacks all if the 4 regional variants
>>
Voting for a grass/fire or grass/dragon cherubi. I remember from fake leaks of SM that one of them was a fruit that was either spicy (hence the fire type) or was based off a dragon fruit (hence the dragon type).
>>
>>33788278
Octillery is a cannon so steel would have made sense for it to begin with

Pure grass is a shit typing
>>
Don't forget we want to try and fit the regional variants into important trainer's teams, too. So we should try to come up with a good Poison one
>>
too many grass regional forms
i love octillery's idea but typing is still a problem

>>33788053
Bloody hell i can't unsee that
i imagined her like a russian old lady, not like my mum's inuit
>>
So OP, if the romhack is going to be based on gen 2, does that mean we get to make a postgame region too?
>>
>>33788361
Only two grass regional forms so far, Octillery would make three, Cherubi would make 4. I personally don't like the Cherubi or Abomasnow suggestions though. Anyone like them or want to pitch them again?

>>33788346
I don't think all the gym leaders need regional forms desu, but if we were going for that he should have something that produces a lot of smoke.
>>
>>33788346
Poison, fire, fighting, fairy, Ice, and ground leaders/elite 4 still don't have regional aces if that ideas still alive

>Malo: dratini
>Boundelaire: Sableye
>Yagami: Lileep
>Carson: ???
>Wilhelm: Primeape
>Anice: ??? (potentially anorith)
>Satan: ???
>Hazy: Weezing

>Ghost E4: Nosepass
>Ground E4: ??? (potentially Lileep)
>Action Arms: Gligar
>Fairy E4: ???

Obvi not OP or one of the creators, but just my ideas
>>
>>33788373
Lets not have feature creep for now
>>
>>33788385
also meant anorith for ground e4, not lileep
>>
>>33788394
If you're going to do a romhack of gen 2, i'd suggest joining the /heg/ discord since the guys that made the disasm are over there and can probably help out a lot
>>
>>33788380
Yeah too many grass types. Mankey and Lileep had big support from the previous thread so I'd say keep those. I say we lock out grass, dragon, and dark types since we already have a few of those
>>
A very shilled pokemon but fighting/fairy or steel/fairy Lucario? After years of being pampered as a favorite pokemon amongst trainers, Lucario and Riolu have become domesticated and lost their will to fight and channel aura. These Pokemon have become very snobby and needy, however are a favorite amongst rich trainers. Maybe make them pink or less serious looking, losing their spikes and edges.
>>
File: 1504999106057.png (188 KB, 492x440)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>33788471
I vote to not include Riolu or Lucario in the game at all.
>>
File: pew.jpg (29 KB, 620x620)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>33788523
I concur, ban all furshitmons
>>
Just tossing out some more ideas for regionals. Basing them off unused typings
>Poison/Psychic Xatu: no clue on the backstory but its an unused type.
>Fire/Ice Magcargo: Adapting to the cold, magcargo's outer shell is made of a unmeltable ice
>Normal/Fire Ursaring: Living in the brush of the jungle, Ursaring is a top predator. Lacking any opponents, it spends most of its time sleeping, gathering energy from the sun. It awakes only for food and to fight, where it unleashes deadly flamethrowers whenever it roars.
>>
File: HonogumaArt.png (45 KB, 150x173)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>33788533
>Normal/Fire Ursaring line
Just put Honoguma and an evo in the game
>>
>>33788533
Not a fan of Xatu getting the Poison/Psychic typing, but I like the typing itself.

Not a fan of another Ice-type regional form, and Magcargo is meh.

Ursaring is good though, I like what you suggested a lot.

>>33788547
Only 1 fakemon allowed for whatever reason.
>>
>>33788523
Are there hacks that backport pokemon from gen 3/4 to gen 2? Cause that's what we're gonna have to do.
>>
File: 1507399565709.gif (429 KB, 480x480)
429 KB
429 KB GIF
I.

WANT.

TONGUE.
>>
>>33788523
agreed
>>33788532
^^^^^^
pls no furshit, we just allowed the trap kid because..... err why did we add that?

anyways no furmons

>>33788412
you have my attention

>>33788533
Rootin' on that xatu, magcargo is weird since the volcano is not active and it's basically a mist mountain, honoguma is err what about fire fighting (i know pls don't point it out)?

We should get a pokemon for Lurkmore safari and another for Orm city (Maybe regional variant chinchou)
>>
>>33788629
Why would Xatu be Poison?

Also Octillery will be in safari but adding more is nice too. Ursaring in there too. Maybe some random mons like Tangela and Tangrowth will be in there. Maybe a regional Gible line based on the amazon river dolphins? Could be cool. I imagine Ground/Water or something like that.

Also regional Chinchou in Oerm might be nice, what type do you suggest?
>>
>>33788533 op here. I agree on the Xatu looking back at it, but it was the first psychic gen 2 pokemon that popped in my head. I like the psychic/poison typing, but have no clue what Pokemon it could work for, but maybe a poison type gaining psychic abilities? Pollution caused it to mutate and warp its intelligence, making it smarter than its normal counterparts.
>>
>>33788621
I was doing some research and gen 2 engine is way harder, gen 3 engine (RE properly) is more stable and has more tools.

Since we can make custom tiles and weather is visible in gen 3, as well as many ice tiles, i think it would be better to use gen 3 engine, it has lots of tools and guides.

But idk you are the Ou Pee, i can help you with concept art and shit once i learn how to mod it
>>
>>33788703
well whatever is easier.
>>
>>33788703
Didn't one of the OP's state that they were proficient in Gen 2 hacking, which is why they were using it as the base game?
>>
>>33788661
water/ghost for Chinchou
>Sailors usually talk about an eerie feeling when they have to cross the sea over Oerm, during new moon nights, they report about what they think are Chinchous that come from the sunken city to swim in shallow waters, but instead of their usual bright yellow light, they have a fading purple light, maybe used to guide the souls that still wander in the deeps.
>>
Poison/psychic Toxicroak.
>By swimming in polluted waters, Toxicroak has gained psychotropic skin, causing its enemies to hallucinate when they come in contact with it.

Maybe it could be a Pokemon that focuses on status effects?
>>
is this going to be a rom hack or something like that
>>
Get ready for the heartbreaking, breathtaking, star making, earthshaking, elite fighting machine brother. 'Cause Action Arms is gonna run wild on you. Come get some!
>>
>>33788385
>Fairy doesn't have a regional ace

not with that attitude

Axyllian Barboach/Whiscash - Fairy/Ground

>These Pokemon have developed large, elegant whiskers and wings. While rumors say these grant them mythical power, they are actually used to lure prey and attract a mate.
>>
>>33788834
at the moment its all autism, but I think OP wanted it to eventually be a gen 2 rom hack. Idk if anyone supporting the project can actually romhack tho.
>>
Electric/Flying Mantine.
>To escape the growing pollution in the Axyllian Sea it swam all the way to the swamp where the water is murkier and shallower. Having to adapt to the new environment it developed a new organ capable of captating bioelectricity and dish out powerful electrical shocks to stun its prey.
Use a thunderstone to evolve it.
>>
>>33788857
We were going to limit to four regional variations per gen, so we would have to knock off one we've currently got listed
>>
>>33788887
ah shit we have four hoenns?

in that case, use that for Ax-Shellos/Gastrodon, but make Shellos pure Fairy
>>
Bug/Steel Kricketune
>To defend against predators in the Axyllian forests Kricketune has developed a more intricate system to play it's music, making it similar to an electric guitar. This allows Kricketune to stun it's predators, and outright overwhelm it's prey.
>>
Any ideas for a fire type? My little sister needs an ace
>>
>>33788991
I like this idea. Could also be elec/bug if anorith ends up being steel
>>
Just gonna round up all the new regionals that were posted here
>Grass/Steel Octillery (too many grass)
>Grass/Dragon or Grass/Fire Cherubi (too many grass)
>Fighting/Fairy Lucario (no furfags)
>Poison/Pyshic Xatu
>Fire/Ice Magcargo
>Normal/Fire or Fighting/Fire Ursaring
>Poison/Psychic Toxicroak
>Electric/Flying Mantine
>Bug/Steel Kricketune
>Ground/Fairy Gastrodon

So far Ursaring and Kricketune has the most support
>>
>>33789003
Someone last thread mentioned voltorb, too bad the Kanto spots are all occupied.
>>
>>33789003
fire/dark spiritomb
>According to an old legend, the royalty of Sinnoh once gifted a mysterious rock to the King of Axylla, the rock was said to contain the spirits of hundreds of warriors from the past, but this one had a warmer, almost consuming vibe, alike with its burnt colour. The king spent the night reading about such uncanny stone, when it released hundreds of spirits, forming a big cloud, the king used the flames of his beloved pokemon to stop the threat, but the rock ate the flames, even the candle ones, the spirits screamed as the flames combined with the eerie being, after they got sealed again by their own. The rock was hidden in Eastern Axylla after that, to prevent it from consuming any other flame.... or souls.
>>
>>33789226
EDGY
>>
>>33789044
Octillery, Ursaring, Toxicroak, Mantine, and Gastrodon seem good to me.

Kanto:
Mankey - Grass/Psychic
Pikachu - Dragon
Koffing - Fire/Water
Dratini - Ice/Dragon

Johto:
Gligar - Water/Fighting
Quagsire - Water/Dark
Octillery - Grass/Steel
Teddiursa - Normal/Fire

Hoenn:
Lileep - Grass/Electric
Anorith - Ice/Bug OR Steel/Bug OR Ground/Bug OR Ice/Steel
Nosepass - Rock/Ghost
Sableye - Fairy/Dark

Sinnoh:
Croagunk - Poison/Psychic
Mantyke - Electric/Flying
Shellos - Fairy -> Fairy/Ground
???

>>33789226
Edgy. Not awful tho, but you need to cut the exposition down to about 3 lines. Also Fire/Ghost makes more sense imo. If other people like it it can be included, and my list in my post isn't like final or anything either.
>>
>>33788600
Hono isn't a fakemon though

he's a betamon
>>
>>33788703
Gen 3 hacking isn't nearly as stable as gen 2 hacking with Pokecrystal dissasembely

Gen 3 also isn't nearly as /comfy/ as gen 2, gen 3 hacks are overdone
>>
>>33789270
so lets see what we got here: (just going off types/what's already been comfirmed by OP)

>Malo: Pikachu or Dratini
>Boundelaire: Sableye
>Yagami: Lileep or Mantyke
>Carson: Croagunk
>Wilhelm: Primeape
>Anice: Dratini or possibly Anorith
>Satan: either E D G E Spiritomb (who is bad) or Teddiursa
>Hazy: Weezing

>trap: Gastrodon
>ground: possibly Anorith, if not, he's fucked
>A C T I O N A R M S: Gligar
>Ghost: Nosepass
>>
>>33789270
>another fire ghost
i prefer to be called edgy than using another fire/ghost.

k go with your honoguma i will focus on the designs >:^(
>>
>>33789365
Well when you're dealing with something that steals souls Fire/Ghost makes more sense than Fire/Dark, just saying.
>>
>>33789365
Well you know, there are no Fire/Ghost Pokemon in the first 4 gens, but there is a Fire/Dark line
>>
>>33788661
i like the river dolphin gible idea but i think having two regional pink mons (quag and chomp) might be a bit much
>>
The great anorith debate:

We've got 4 potential typing combinations for anorith. Bug/Ice, Steel/Bug, Ice/Steel, or Ground/Bug

In previous threads the backstory for the bug/ice, ice/steel or bug/steel was that anorith survived by eating minerals in a snowy environment, leading it to be a steel or ice type. I prefer keeping the bug typing and vote for ice/bug.

The backstory for a ground/bug anorith is that it survives by burying itself in the ground, where it preys on lileeps.

>>33789226
I can dig a dark/fire or ghost/fire spiritomb, we seem to have all the staples down for the leaders if OP decides to go that route. Haven't heard from OP or Mapemaker in a while so idk
>>
>>33789438
I'll make a strawpoll for Anorith so we can have it be a bit more official because there's a little contention. Also OP and/or mapmaker was having connection troubles I think.
>>
>>33789465
http://www.strawpoll.me/14130273

Strawpoll for Anorith.
>>
>>33789480
>http://www.strawpoll.me/14130273
>groudn bug is winning
god has left

k any ideas of the design to draw it?
>>
File: Hibbertopterus_scouleri.jpg (113 KB, 1200x927)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>33789598
This thing.
>>
>>33789627
hmmm do you want it to have that carapace or just the colour?
>>
>>33789668
Just a similar shaped carapace. Possibly using it's original filter mouth thingies as legs.
>>
>>33789668
>>33789676
Would be fine to have the triops or whatever that is just plus the mandibles and eyestalks of the original.
>>
>>33789598
I liked Ice/Steel and Steel/Bug for the iron shaving fur, but I picked Ground/Bug to make it and Lileep more in tune with one another. Don't be sad about it friendo.
>>
File: gen2.png (1.03 MB, 4608x5376)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>
>>33789963
Is that a rendition of part of the map in gen 2 style? If it is, well done, my man.
>>
>>33789963
Pretty sure ive seen this in /heg/ before but idk. Looks good for whatever game this belongs too
>>
>>33789977
yeah, bottom left. Based on the Gen 1 some anon made in the first topic + descriptions of this one

>>33790016
lol wtf. I spent the day doing it. Maybe you think you saw it before because I used some public custom tileset
>>
>>33789963
>>33790033
This is amazing. Please continue next time you can.
>>
>>33790033
This is really impressive, after commenting >>33789977 i looked back and forth between the two and I am liking what I am seeing, I hope you guys get this into a ROM
>>
>>33790033
fuck my bad, got mixed up cuz another map on /heg/ has a snowy part up north too. Looks super fucking good tho. How far will our autism go?
>>
>>33789963
HOLY FUCK ANON HOW DID YOU DO THAT?
noice but...

>those bridges are actually water routes
>idk how to do the sunken city, i was thinking about the dragon sanctum of ds2, so that should work as a gate
>that port should be in the end of the land route, again no bridges
>The bridge on route 7 is noice
>that waterfall was well done, keep it
>Nice library in Thanmos
>That ice looks nice, same with early forest, but Amana and the forest are almost the same
>Rootin' that Auchendale, can you do orange trees or leaf patches? also that town needs an orchad and the mankey shop, but excellent work
Overall wondeful anon, if you want to do the layout you should get a tripcode
>>
>>33790063
>would be too much water imo
>I didn't have custom sprites for that, had to improvise
/\ that is the reply for most of the stuff. As I didn't have custom sprites (I'm not a spriter myself) I took some liberty to improvise
>>
File: vp-region-map2.png (73 KB, 2176x1968)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>33789963
Holy shit, nice!

Also posting the original from the first thread, before a lot of the biomes/whatever were decided on.
>>
>>33790094
hmm it could be nice to make Thanmos the capital of Axylla, condiering Wilhelm and the archives are there

>>33790087
Don't worry about that, most of the water routes are either optional or lategame

I just joined the heg discord, i will practice by myself
>>
File: 1507517224953.gif (2.65 MB, 704x545)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB GIF
>>
are you guys needing sprite artists? I can whip some gsc type mons and forms
>>
>>33790147
neat
>>
>>33790154
If we have a sprite artist does that mean fakemon and more pokemon past gen 4 are good? Or is it strictly offlimits?
>>
File: gen 3 demake.png (249 KB, 1369x742)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>33788621
>Are there hacks that backport pokemon from gen 3/4 to gen 2?
Definitely, Prism in particular comes to mind due to it giving all its new Pokémon fully animated sprites to match the existing ones.
>>
>>33790154
Try throwing together one of the regional forms we have rn >>33789270 maybe the Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite because I don't think there was an agreed design for that one yet.
>>
>>33790164
we also need some Gen 4 mons as well
>>
Kanto:
Mankey - Grass/Psychic
Pikachu - Dragon
Koffing - Fire/Water
Dratini - Ice/Dragon

Johto:
Gligar - Water/Fighting
Quagsire - Water/Dark
Octillery - Grass/Steel
Teddiursa - Normal/Fire

Hoenn:
Lileep - Grass/Electric
Anorith - Ground/Bug
Nosepass - Rock/Ghost
Sableye - Fairy/Dark

Sinnoh:
Croagunk - Poison/Psychic
Mantyke - Electric/Flying
Shellos - Fairy (Gastrodon -
Fairy/Ground)
Spiritomb - Fire/Dark

Speaking of, are these the regional forms we all agreed on? Any contention?
>>
File: gen-ii-demake.png (257 KB, 1044x980)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>33790164
To my knowledge only the front sprites have a fully completed devamp for Gen 4 (pic has the same Gen 3 front sprites as the pic I just posted, ignore them).
>>
>>33790167
do they have an agreed upon look, or do I have total creative freedom
>>
>>33790159
Problem is we only have a limited number of Pokemon to work with, which is like 253. Adding fakemon would clog up the roster, and we'd also have to worry about movesets and stat distribution. Currently we have one fakemon, pinwheel, which was brought in b/c of dubs
>>
>>33790167
>>33790189
I want to see that Grass/Psychic Mankey/Primeape if I remember correctly they have like, spices and shit on their fur
>>
all those threads that are like "choose the pokemon that get kicked out", we have to do that now
>>
>>33790208
Oh, alright, makes sense. Can we have easter egg things alluding to other pokemon gens or fakemon?
>>
>>33790198
Some of these pokemon have descriptions that go along with them, but for the most part do whatever you want.
>>
>>33790198
Some of them do some don't. Mankey, Koffing, Gligar, Quagsire, Octillery, Anorith, Nosepass, Sableye, and Spiritomb are all off-limit rn, I'll update them with descriptions if I get the time. Tomorrow.

>>33790208
I think we're not going to have a nat dex and only have some from each region and bring the max up to that max of 253 iirc.

>>33790210
Yeah, they grow spices and seeds and when they have to season the food they groom another Mankey or Primeape to get the seasonings they want, like hoe chimps groom and eat bugs in others' fur.
>>
>>33790216
I wouldn't even think of it as "kicking out Pokémon," you should just build the Dex from scratch ignoring what's already in Gen 1/2, that way you don't get people upset that you're "removing" something from the game. It's an original region so you don't have the same weight attached to a Pokémon not being there as something like Polished Crystal where they removed Pokémon that already did appear in that region.
>>
File: AxyllaDex-blank.png (8 KB, 1280x1280)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Blank pokedex to fill in
Starts at 0, ends at 252 (so 253 mon limit)
>>
>>33789963
god damn that is perfect
>>
>>33790305
Chimecho plz
>>
>>33790305
Have we decided on starters or legendaries?
>>
File: sprites.jpg (365 KB, 1280x573)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
Alright i am too dumb to lern coding so i will stick to the drawfag career.

Now it's the time for selecting which pokemon are part of the pokedex.
Limit is 153, so about 50 pokemon per gen.
We will do it Gen by Gen.

>GEN 1
Edit it by ticking the ones who will NOT be part of the game, we will decide by general consensus.
>>
>>33790329
>>33790305
Please keep my homeboys Tangela and Farfetch'd
>>
>>33790329
No starters. Just keep them all out, for consistency. We can fill Grass/Fire/Water with other mons
>>
>>33790305
>>33790329
Keep in mind that >>33790189 means that 32 are already taken.
>>
>>33790329
Kill the Tentacool
>>
Before we start the dex, are we set on using eevee as our starter? I know there were mixed feelings last thread
>>
>>33790370
I don't like it, but let's keep it as *A* starter at least because it was gotten by dubs. We could nab a couple other mons to be available too or something if we want.
>>
>>33790370
http://www.strawpoll.me/14130717
>>
>>33790370
>>33790348
>>
>>33790360
agreed

>>33790350
those 32 can't be decided obviously, just select the ones who aren't the regional forms

>>33790370
Tbh i was the one who had the eevee idea back when we decided by dubs, but if people is really worried about that we can add more starters or change them, up to you
>>
File: Shtiff.png (1.15 MB, 1280x573)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>33790329
>>
>>33790329
No legendaries & no starters ok? let'smake this a general rule, pseudo are fine, but everything regional should be dismissed
>>
>>33790392

>no meowth
grrr

add tentacool line to that, maybe get rid of nido lines
>>
>>33790393
I thought Kyogre was gonna be in Hazy's town as the guardian mon? We could just act like it's a regular, non-legendary mon that happens to be strong. The legends just didn't reach that far north, or something.
>>
bedtime for bonzo. I'll be back tommorow to help with the dex.
>>
>>33790477
gn friendo I'm about to nod off too.

Any overnighters or aus/wherever friends keeping the thread bumped would be highly appreciated.
>>
i hope this ends up being a good sequel to pokemon clover
>>
Eevee's + regional forms + pinwheel = 40 Pokemon. Players mom has an areodactyl too if you guys want to include that in the dex
>>
>>33790545
Mon is important in the plot = its required to be in the dex
>>
File: AxyllaDex.png (38 KB, 1280x1280)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Still adding stuff but just wanted to show that I am actually working on this
>>
>>33790558
So do we start suggesting pokemon now?
>>
>>33790586
If so, I want to see Kecleon, Corsola, and Finneon in the dex.
>>
>>33790656
^^^^

just finished anorith axyllan form

i will start drawing Boundelaire and some gimu liidas

Need a list of regional variants, typings and why
>>
>>33790673
Kanto:
Mankey - Grass/Psychic - seasonings and spices growing in their fur, they use psychic ability to communicate with humans, serve food out of shacks.
Pikachu - Dragon - changed from Electric-type to better compete
Koffing - Fire/Water - started filtering water vapor into hot steam when they wandered away from pollution, revered in hot spring town
Dratini - Ice/Dragon - ???

Johto:
Gligar - Water/Fighting - swim and pounce out of the water, use their eyesight to watch prey on land, use their boxing mantis shrimp-like claws to clobber land prey and bring it back to the sea.
Quagsire - Water/Dark - moved underground and outcompeted native fauna, grew blind, either white or pink
Octillery - Grass/Steel - moved to the trees when the region froze over, preys on bird and bug mons.
Teddiursa - Normal/Fire - lazes around the jungle safari zone, uses sunlight for energy, resembles a sunbear maybe, no real competition

Hoenn:
Lileep - Grass/Electric - absorbs electricity due to the plants all around it
Anorith - Ground/Bug - preys on lileep and so adapted
Nosepass - Rock/Ghost - native to the catacombs, statue-like
Sableye - Fairy/Dark - idr???

Sinnoh:
Croagunk - Poison/Psychic - sludge messed with their brains, when someone or something makes contact they begin hallucinating
Mantyke - Electric/Flying - moved to safari zone when water froze over, hides in mud and dirt, electrifies prey
Shellos - Fairy (Gastrodon -
Fairy/Ground) - ???
Spiritomb - Fire/Dark - basically brimstone, not sure of rest, kind of edgy?
>>
File: mons.png (2 KB, 128x67)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>33790244
I made the axyllan forms of croagunk and ursaring

Croagunk is now psychic poison. It's inspired by zoltar, so I gave it a vest, goatee and headdress.

Ursaring, being fire normal. I made it so it looks like he's covered in soot and the no smoking sign, which I thought was a cool idea
>>
File: AxyllaDex.png (62 KB, 1280x1280)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Ended up including all evolutions, we can streamline this later.
>>
>>33790732

noice concept for croagunk, maybe more shaman decorations, smokey bear is kinda ok, i think a mane resembling fire would be nice, the sign is kinda weird
>>
>>33790721
Here was sableyes description from last thread: This rare strain of Sableye, found only in the extreme depths of the earth, has become cute, pink, and fluffy. How exactly these strange changes to its biology came about are still being researched.

And Shellos was adapted from whiscash, so long whiskers and wings? I'm up for any design with this one though
>>
>>33790732
Haha I love the croagunk design. Ursaring looks a little too "clover-ish". Found this fake design online, obvi we can't copy it but just tossing out ideas. But good job either way, much better than what most of us are capable of
>>
>>33790765
Smokey bear can be improved, the ring thing just screamed regional form to me for some reason.

>>33790721
Lileep, being electric should basically be a tesla coil. it already has the shape and the wires around its neck. just the things on its head should be a ring around it that discharges electricity
>>
Should start listing mons for inclusion
>>
>>33790812
Sneasel & Weavile.
>>
>>33790766
we can fix sableye:

>The lack of natural gemstones in Axylla since centuries ago obligued Sableyes to quartz for themselves, their new shining of their quartz and their new fur due to the harsh cold inside the caves got the attention of nobles who breed them to become fluffier and way more appealing, the new amount of love and care sableye took made it lose its ghost type, yet they still lurk for gemstones so they usually deceive their owners to steal their jewelry, thus keeping the dark type.
>>
>>33790759
How will the Water/Fighting Gligar look?
>>
File: Mitty.jpg (312 KB, 600x800)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>33790721
>>33790766
>>33790825
Sableye is an intentional reference to Made in Abyss, like the gym leader that would use it as his ace. In that series, Bondrewd is a scientist that uses orphans to research a way to resist the curse of the abyss. During his experiments, he's turned dozens of these orphans into pink fluffy vaguely cat-like deformed rug things
>>
>>33790828
I don't have sprites for that yet
>>
>>33790828
>>33790875
Gligar and Gliscor's major changes will probs be in their tail changing from a scorpion to more like a lobster to propel them through the water, making their wings look more like a manta ray's, and making their claws look more like a boxing mantis shrimp's (also their eyes may have more colors but idk how you would represent that)
>>
>>33790828
Last thread stated he would looking like a mantis shrimp or something

>>33790825
Dig this backstory. Any ideas for a Pikachu design? Not a fan of making it look to reptillian or adding wings, maybe add some scales and long whiskers?
>>
>>33790899
>Mantis Shrimp
Based, though it better hit like a freight train.
>>
>>33790899
I'm thinking Pikachu has long whiskers, ears similar to the one's pictured, and has a crystal ball on its neck/stomach that it protects
>>
>>33790899
Gliscor will be kinda like >>33790884 said

I think for Pikachu you could reasonably include stuff from asian dragons, like the long whiskers or the way the tail kind of bends and stuff, if you know what I mean. Maybe give it antlers.
>>
>>33790721
Any thoughts on remoraid? Since it's drastically different from Octillery I say we just leave it how it is and let it evolve in a regional variant, similar to how cubone is normal but evolves into an alolan variant marowak
>>
File: koffing.png (1 KB, 93x71)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
just finished hot spring koffing.
>>
>>33790942
Don't forget we have Mantyke and Mantine here too
>>
>>33790942
I agree 100%

>>33790955
Not what I was expecting, but I like it! Is the skull a circle now?
>>
>>33790968
yeah it's a circle, unless you have any better ideas?
>>
>>33790971
If you can fit it, you can try for the onsen symbol
>>
>>33790978
I agree with the onsen symbol, however it looks like a tight squeeze. I also suggest changing the colour pallete to red, just to make it a more drastic change from the original
>>
>>33790392
Add the cats back
>>
>>33791013
I'm just a random anon, I have no real say in anything.
>>
File: 20171012_004202[1].jpg (2.39 MB, 4128x2322)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>33790853
Understood, so you want it like an abomination or can i just add cat features keeping it uncanny?

>>33790899
Fine i wil get something else, i can work with it being part of a testing

>>33790955
change the circle for waves maybe or one of those japanese moonrunes that means calm idk
nice design btw

>>33790942
add legs to remoraid
jokes aside we can say that since remoraid are basicaly parasites of Mantines, they get warmer by that

>>33790963
Mantine took that form to hunt remoraids, remoraids only stick to normal forms
mantyke can get a regional variant too

design for anorith and (ditched) sableye
>>
>>33791024
ADD THEM BACK PLEASE ANON I BEG YOU
>>
File: koffing.png (1 KB, 93x71)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>33790978
>>33790993
alright, here's a different style, plus the onsen symbol.

I originally wanted the grey because it's supposed to be floating in water, and the rings around him are better represented, and considering the color limitations, it's probably the best bet
>>
File: 1506539839430.png (531 KB, 497x732)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
>>33791025
Duuuuude, those are wicked. I didn't realize we had real artists helping out.
>>
>>33791028
Jesus christ, Meowth isn't even that good.
>>
File: 1507320147562.gif (208 KB, 312x322)
208 KB
208 KB GIF
>>33790955
>>33791033
This game is going to be great.

...what are we going to call it anyway?
>>
>>33791042
But I like em.
>>
>>33791025
You don't have to go full abomination, I think you can make due with the cat features. Although, if you could make it look just a bit... melty? I guess? Just to see if we can make it more clearly a reference
>>
>>33791042
Add meowth, this is the only game where meowth looks like a cute cat and not like doraemon
>>
>>33791025
>>33790899 op of this post here. What do you mean in response to my post? I also really like the sableye design a lot.

>>33791033
I personally like the red koffing more than the purple one, makes it look more different than the original. I'm all for this one!
>>
>>33791053
I don't even matter, I just gave a few opinions.
>>
>>33791052
In terms of being more "abomination" like you could probably droop down one of the ears, remove one of the eyeballs and have his sprite kind of hunched over
>>
>>33791054
i will ditch that backstory, i thought it to be fluffy witha fur cave and qurtz in its body, but since it's a reference to made in abyss, i will go for more artifical look with cat features

>>33791055
no you don't you are as important as i am, i am just a random anon who got interested and got a tripcode, you opinion is as valid as mine
>>
>>33791033
Make a transparent version
>>
>>33791066
Or hey, you don't even have to lose one of the eyes, just make one of them some kind of pointy star-shape kind of crystal instead of a blocky gemstone
>>
>>33791070
Oh I said that i liked the backstory. If anything I prefer it to having an artificial design
>>
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>33791070
Okay jesus fuck.
>>
>>33791094
The cats!
>>
>>33790759
Staryu, Starmie, Scyther, Magikarp, Gyarados, Ditto, Snorlax, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Natu, Xatu, Scizor, Smeargle, Sentret, Furret, Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox, Taillow, Swellow, Shroomish, Breloom, Skitty, Delcatty, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Spinda, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Feebas, Milotic, Relicanth, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Pachirisu.
>>
File: 1506160065484.jpg (23 KB, 512x346)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>33791094
>marking out venonat and venomoth
NOOO BRING THEM BAAAACK
>>
>>33791113
Calm down
>>
>>33791109
Also include Kecleon, Corsola, Groudon (for the ground e4 as per a dubs in one of the earlier threads) and Kyogre (as the guardian of Hazy's town and for her team.)

Groudon and Kyogre aren't legendary mons in Axylla tho, just random strong mons.
>>
Would the aron line fit in?
>>
>>33791094
Remove clefairy line, remove psyduck line, remvoe electrode line, remove hitmons, remove tauros and bring back venonat line.
>>
>>33791094
keep my homies Tangela and Farfetch'd, remove the tentacool/cruels and nido lines
>>
Every post-gen2 mon added is a gen 1/2 mon deleted
>>
File: koffing.png (2 KB, 126x118)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
I made this abhorrent thing

also, please replace the koffing sprite with this one, as I updated the symbol slightly to look better
>>
>>33791155
dude that pikachu. Love it, i’d suggest just putting its head on a regular body tho.
>>
>>33791153
Why not just make a poll for each generation and have people vote on them and the top 50 of each poll gets added. Obviously if the top 50 splits the evolution line you'd have to drop out some of the lower voted ones.
>>
File: 1483737152899.png (65 KB, 200x196)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>33789963
Where'd you get the custom tiles from?
>>
>>33791153
No, it's a mon included into the regional dex of a fan-made game.

>>33791155
That Pikachu is hilarious, but I don't think it's a good idea to front that as one to include in the game lol.
>>
>>33791192
I think OP’s just making a point on how to solidfy the dex. We are going from gen 1-4, so it might be easier if we just add gen 3-4 pokemon we want and remove the gen 1-2 pokes we dont want.
>>
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>33791152
Every time you mention the Nidos negatively one of your bros is dropped.
>>
>>33791207
Drop Farfetch'd anyways, hes never been good and never will be.
>>
>>33791192
>>33791200
It's a technical issue, there's only 253 slots in Crystal, and they're all used up by Gen 1 and 2 mons, so to add some from post-gen 2, you have no choice but to delete mons.
>>
>>33791207
Remove geodude line
>>
File: 1505363831670.jpg (54 KB, 612x612)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>33791207
>ask for pokemon you want removed and want in
>deletes ones you ask for and keeps ones you don't want

at least keep Tangela, please. He is my bro.
>>
File: Shtiff.png (1.14 MB, 1280x573)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>
>>33791230
The Nidos are my bros man, you don't fuck with the Nidos.
>>
File: 15077897630352004865428.jpg (2.58 MB, 4128x2322)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
K design for dragon pikachu
We can add some green colours instead of yellow
I added that fur to make it look like that dragon someone posted
I don't like the horns but i think raichu can benefir from it like lighting rods
>>
I think we're forgetting that the most important factor in dex composition will be type balance and mon distribution. We can't just decide on who stays and goes willy nilly, we need to make an effective spread
>>
Vote on your favourite evolution lines of each generation. If you vote for meowth and if it gets selected it also includes persian.

1-76
http://www.strawpoll.me/14131047

77-126
http://www.strawpoll.me/14131060

127-151
http://www.strawpoll.me/14131071

I'll do other gens later.
>>
>>33791258
I think Gastly line is imperative to keep for Carson as it fits within his theme perfectly.
>>
I'm going to try to use google's survey form to do generation 2 votes, I've never used it before so bear with me.

https://pastebin.com/kGJuY7YP

Using pastebin to link the google forms because 4chan thinks it's spam.
>>
obviously the already decided on regional forms will have to be in regardless
>>
File: 20171012_020254.jpg (2.75 MB, 4128x2322)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
Doodle of koffing
Somehow i like it floating in saunas and hot springs, Mt Heerbaun should have hotsprings where you find koffings floating
>>
>>33791347
what about its evolutions?
>>
>>33791347
Broke my neck trying to read this.
>>
File: AxyllaDex.png (73 KB, 1280x1280)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
The dex thus far
(may still be some re-arranging going on)
>>
>>33791367
What about Sylveon?
>>
>>33791372
Only gens 1-4
>>
>>33791367
missing Tangrowth, or however Tangela's evolution is named.
>>
>>33791393
It's at the top
>>
>>33791155
Hey spritenon
Can you do a sprite based on my pikachu? Just to compare it and see what people fancy
Use the base one but change the colours to light green and add thos features

>>33791357
Weezing huh
The big head can be the steam maker and the small one can store water.
Change its faces to relaxed ones, maybe a third head that smiles.
A crimson hue could fit, but i think that pastel red is better.
I have to sleep for now, i will get more draws later.
>>
>>33791387
But Sylveon evolves from a Gen 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>33791396
whoops my bad, why are ones like Tangrowth and Gliscor away from their pre-evos?
>>
>>33791367
I think we decided Remoraid -> Octillery will be a kind of Cubone thing, where Remoraid is normal and Octillery is an alt form. Just fyi.

This dex is really interesting actually, I really hope it doesn't fall prey to too many boring mons.
>>
>>33791367
Do dubs decide who gets into the dex?
If so I'm rolling for the Houndour line.
>>
>>33791416
No, dubs got one of our earlier threads deleted. I'm confident Houndour will be included though just because people like it.
>>
>>33791407
It's by index number, not pokedex number. It's the same reason why Pichu is away from Pikachu and others.

>>33791416
no
>>
File: 1503628527232.png (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>33791367
I really hope we don't have Magikarp and Gyarados. Why not fill the water with more unique fish like Finneon, Qwilfish, Goldeen, etc? I've seen enough Magikarp playing Pokémon already. Also Lapras is kind of boring too.
>>
Get a Gen 3/4 poll
>>
>>33791425
We have many water routes but we get rid of tentacool for that reason.
What about Magikarp being found in the Lurkmore safari?
Btw how will we make Orm, the sunken city?
Can we somehow mod surifing to work like diving?

If the mapping anon reads this, can you make a beta version of the sunken city, it won't have streets or houses, it's basically ruins but underwater, i will draw it tomorrow
>>
>>33791438
>>33791425
Magikarp and Gyrados are such boring pokemon, if you add them, at least give them like, a regional form
>>
>>33791441
>>
>>33791441
this
>>
>>33791438
Magikarp in the safari seems fine. I just want interesting stuff to appear through most of the game instead of the drivel we get in the real thing. Of course Magikarp and Gyarados still take up two slots anyway, so it might be worth it to take them out no matter what. Depends on what other people think.
>>
We should decide from which of the 4 gens to choose the early route mammal and the bird.
>>
253 - (eeveelutions + pinwheel + Axyllian forms) = 213
213 / 3 evolutions on average = 71
71 / 4 regions = 17.5 pokemon per region
>>
>>33791476
17.5 evolutionary lines per region
though a lot of pokemon only have one evo, so you could probably round that up to 20 lines and still be fine
>>
>>33791476
>>33791482
Honestly doesn't seem that bad. And it will be easier to sift through the top 20 of each gen rather than the top 50 or something.

>>33791471
Someone else suggested Starly earlier, I don't mind that. Just as long as we don't have Wingull, I'll be happy.
>>
>>33791471
>>33791476
Hmm i was thinling about sentret, Zigzagoon, starly and rare chance murkrow (autumn theme)

Pokemon should follow a thematic distribution, to avoid Unova's issues
>>
>>33791486
Sounds good to me.
>>
File: AxyllaDex.png (88 KB, 1280x1280)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
Filled in with some results from the Gen 2 poll
>>
>>33791575
You forgot Azurill
>>
There needs to be a gdocs Gen 1 poll, the strawpoll is terrible
>>
File: AxyllaDex.png (154 KB, 1280x1280)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
added some gen1 mons from the strawpoll
this is the last image from me for the night, I gotta go to bed

make sure the thread doesn't die!
>>
>>33792155
Bump
>>
Guys what if "Your imouto Satan" is actually your sister and she is like a prodigy child trainer?
She still called satan btw
>>
>>33792355
>Ypur are literally the weakest member of your family
Nah, she calls herself sister, the satan theme constrasts this
>>
File: town+landmarks.png (75 KB, 1182x559)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
I'm back guys. I remade the map more elegantly and created the Gdocs for gen I, III and IV; together with >>33791328 we have all the bases covered now.
Gen I:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePYeCIPihF9NvRN7_FS35nPCPVTVoiPUa5cdOupWe10LZoBA/viewform (contains the votes from the strawpolls>>33791258 made)
Gen III:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdITa7uw5xLeJpJrqTwJxZ8W9UdUSOTNdNQiBlPbr_roppFQ/viewform
Gen IV:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfMzs5YIIdR_DZHymQ9rwBZqkT_g-MVXo7qvyNOe9WCrj2Lmw/viewform
Considering this is the time of the day where traffics slows down, I'll slowly update the other maps over the course of the day to avoid the thread's death while reworking the sheets for the regional variants and for the characters.
>>
>>33792155
remove cubone pls
>>
>>33792590
Get a poll and if you win it gets removed
>>33792498
Once we finish we have to distribute the pokemon
>>
>>33792622
http://www.strawpoll.me/14132358
>>
File: notes on axylla map.png (98 KB, 1182x559)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>33792498
Keepin' it afloat~
Some considerations on Axylla, scavenged from the darkest reaches of past threads. If somethin is amiss, please tell me and I'll update the informations.
>>
>>33792155
I would say to remove the starly line,Xatu and Honchkrow could work as the regional birds

>>33792590
I disagree,Cubone fits with the whole graveyard and catacombs theme,I think duskull should be added for the same reason
>>
>>33793345
All looks and sounds right to me.

>>33793389
Oooh, that makes sense for the catacombs and gravyard. And agree on Duskull then. In that case Cubone should stay.

Not sure how I feel about Natu being a regional bird, but I won't object.
>>
>>33793345
For point 3) perhaps one of the cities could rely on geothermal energy while the other could either use atomic enegry or simply not use electricity at all. It could be a more traditional rural village or something.
>>
Looks like we made some decent progress since last night. I've got exams and shit to study for so I'll hop on this board later to try and help out with the dex. For now i compiled information on the gym leaders for new posters here.

Dragon Malo
>Dragon Type
>A guitarist, Dragon Malo recieved his nickname in College

Boundelaire
>Dark Type
>The gym leader of the most advanced city in Axylla as well as its mayor and its designer. A Colress-like character. He seeks a new power source to solve the problems of No-R City, mainly its pollution. He has a business publicly with Fainestai (leader of team Noll), but hes secretly an admin of Team Noll as well as its main scientist. He allied with them to search for the ancient power source of Oerm.

Yagami Laito
>Electric Type
>A young "freedom fighter" imprisoned for his radical ideas and actions against Team Noll. Although he is a real criminal, his city still respects him and sees him as a hero , hence why he is still a gym leader. He creates inventions and rebel movements from behind bars and everyone in his town just supports him/looks the other way. His gym is a prison where the gym trainers are guards

Carson
>Poison Type
>A gambler that smoked a cigar and has a smoke-filled gym. He was given the job of Gym Leader and sent to Woentdamn due to lack of facilities. Due to owning him money, he’s forced by his uncle Horace, a ghost hunter that explores the catacombs, to help him deal with the Ghosts infesting the city. After defeating Pinwheelmon he opens the Gym and battles the player

Wilhelm von Hofferstopf
>Psychic Type
>Grandson of the King of Axylla. A Librarian that keeps record of the old royals and speaks in old english. He hates Team Noll’s leader because he blames the industry for the war that ended the monarchy.
>>
>>33793815
Anice
>Ice Type
>Old woman who was a hiker. Friends with your grandparents, always lost to your grandpa on championship matches. First time she met you she refuses to fight until you go to the forest thats in the frontier of the tundra. Once she loses, your grandparents appear to say hi. She guides you to the icy stone and helps you to travel to a postgame area

Your Imouto, Satan
>Fire Type
>Not actually your little sister, a chuuni who keeps her left eye sealed at all times.

Hazy
>Water Type
>A gym leader that prefers befriending Pokemon instead of battling. She’s a slacker who is more focused on taking care of the city’s Guardian Pokemon and refuses to battle the player (she either hands out badges for free or lets her Guardian Pokemon fight other trainers instead). After receiving the player’s help to deal with Team Noll who were threatening Mt. Heerbaun and its Guardian Pokemon, Hazy comes to respect the player and has her first official gym battle in years
>>
File: 15078239135682004865428.jpg (2.19 MB, 4128x2322)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
I had a hell of an essay for tomorrow but i got some free time.

Early design for Team Noll grunt (male)
The gauntlet is supposed to "enhace" pokemon used (by +1 stats), idk if it is possible, but if not we can just make team noll pokemon stronger by higher levels

Woman grunt will have a tighter with the gauntlet in her left hand

I accept any request or shipost related, i will try to end Boundelaire and Anice later (anice is not a skimo)
>>
>>33793345
In the past, most of the region was froze, Oerm used to be a city built the first king of axylla to guard a power source with no equal, the Eye of Azoth, a crystal of unknown properties that was the top secret of Axylla, many other kingdoms fought Axylla to get it, but when the ice started to disappear, the city fall apart and to prevent another war, the king sunk the city in the cold deeps, the location of the city was hidden for a long time, a great war ravaged Axylla some decades ago, despite winning, the kingdom was left divided, and the king resigned after realizing that without the crystal, he has no power.
Where the king ruled, now the industry rules, many cities developed new energy sources and soon forget abot their past, the tales of the crystal became myth, many explorers have explored the sea looking for the city, but it is said only a royal can break the seal

The city does not appear in the map after you find it in the submarine raid
>>
>>33791184
deviant art and pokecommunity
>>
Some anon already said it but I feel we should let some underused Pokemon get some time to shine in this dex. When has anyone every used a fineon before? Of course i think we should boost some stats on these shitty pokes, but I think having some of these forgettable pokemon can add some flaire and allow players to have a chance to use pokemon they have never used before.

Someone should also create a list of biomes as well. The region is said to be cold and wet, so maybe have more tropical pokemon appear in the safari zone (stated to be a jungle). Ursaring could also appear here, as this area probably gets the most sun. No-R was stated to be polluted, so we should make sure we include a variety of poison/dark types, shit like that
>>
>>33794458
Refer to this, point four: >>33793345.
Also posted a map with the routes where I added something that I left outside of the Notes.
>>33794305
Nice idea.
>>33794188
I dig the design.
>>33793598
I was thinking of coal for Amana Town, for the other cities we'll see.
>>
>>33794488
This looks non-linear for the sake of being non-linear
>>
>>33794499
It was created by anons one tile at a time. It's amazing that we've come up with something this workable
>>
>>33794499
The Gym order was decided with dubs, this is the way that makes more sense.
>>33794504
Also this.
>>
what are we going to call the Noll Boss and Leaders?
I'm voting for making a ice fanatic and calling him Ymir, based of the Frost Giant father.
>>
>>33794773
>>33793345
The Admins are still unnamed except for one and we know that another admin is a former war criminal.
>>
>>33794773
Rootin' on that name
But Team Noll leader already has name, Ymir for the war criminal admin.
>>33794499
Welp what could i say?
I'ts non linear bc we wanted it to avoid backtracking like johto or sinnoh, only Vladivoskv and vixtory road needs backtrack
>>33794488
We should name the routes like in XY, also remaining routes are water routes
>>
>>33794773
We also need names for the ghost, fairy and ground e4, and designs for the ghost and ground e4. I think the ghost e4 was either going to be a witch in her 30s, an old monk from Ecruteak or a man dressed similar to a ghostbuster. The fairy e4 was a young kid whos mom left him in charge of her e4 spot. He wears a dress in order to attract fairy pokemon.
>>
>>33794874
For the fairy e4 i'm imagining a character that's a perpetual liar. He claims to be a young boy whos mother gave him his e4 role, however his real age, identity, gender and backstory is unknown to the general public.

Voting ground e4 to be a lady in egyptian clothing. idk a backstory tho

For the ghost e4 I think it should be a monk who is deathly afraid of ghosts, however ghosts seem to be attracted to him. He carries exorcist equipment and actively tries to get rid of his pokemon. People aren't even sure if hes a good battler, as it seems like his ghost Pokemon act on their own.
>>
>>33794874
Can we make the ghost E4 a stage magician that uses their pokemon to preform magic tricks
>>
>>33794874
I don't remember anything about the ground and ghost members,you're right on the fairy user and here are my ideas for those two

Ghost:Either a Monk or a religious leader (Priest,Prophet) that claims he has seen the afterlife

Ground:Native of the region,Maybe a little generic but for his/her design I would go for native American or maybe hippie but that's more for grass

Anyway are the e4 members ace Pokemon been planned yet? They should fit the design Imo
>>
File: Teena_Cherke_redesign.png (345 KB, 400x820)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>33795014
... That monk idea is hilarious.
>>33795045
I propose an aged pic related for the Ground E4
>>
>>33795045
Ye the current idea is that the aces are regional Pokemon.

>Fairy e4: Gastrodon (fairy/ground)
>Ground e4: Armaldo (ground/bug)
>Action Arms: Gliscor (fighting/water)
>Ghost e4: Nosepass (ghost/rock)
I'm personally still iffy on the gastrodon regional form
>>
>>33795062
>ground type
>eveything but white

i don't like that meme, egyptian lady sounds nice, maybe she is a treasure hunter who loves disguises, the crown she wears is a relic found in an ancient tomb and she came to Axylla to know more about the dungeons of victory road, thus she became an elite 4 to get free access to them.

>>33795045
the monk idea was to make references to Johto but the priest idea is way better, maybe, an archbishop that, after a NDE, become a priest who mastered ghost type pokemon to communicate with the afterlife.

We can make a churchlike building somewhere so he can be there postgame, his design is like a catholic archbishop.
>>
>>33795160
I admit that your idea is better.
>>
>>33795160
I second the treasure hunter aspect of the ground e4.
>>
>>33795071
do not give every member a regional form, it get's boring
i'd want surprising aces, but idk about stats n shit, i play pokemon for collecting
>>
Is this the new Pokemon Sage/Clover/Pokeaus?
>>
>>33795457
Started out as dubs rolling to build a map and gym leaders and shit. Mods deleted the post cuz GET rule but the idea kept going.
>>
>>33795457
no
this is pokemon.....
we still don't have a name.
>>
>>33795546
How about Pokemon Diarrhea Version?
>>
>>33795566
*Dubs Version?
>>
File: Axylla's regional formes.png (259 KB, 1182x1765)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
Well, this took much longer than expected but here it is. I took the liberty of adding some lores were there were none or - in Octillery's case - to explain the typing.
The question marks are there because I don't get the temporal window you are referring.
Tomorrow I'll make the trainer sheet, for today I'm beat.
>>33794828
I'm okay with that, but keep in mind the limitation of Gen II's hardware.
>>
>>33795585
If I have to modify something tell me.
>>
>>33795585
U done good mapupdater. Wasn't the lore that the region froze hundreds of years ago, but thanks to industrialization much of the region has become polluted and thawed out, creating the various biomes we see today. Team Noll's leader was a former petrol tycoon who sees what he has done to the region and wants to reset it back to its frozen state. Essentially eco-terrorists.
>>
>>33795576
I support this
>>
>>33795585
>regional form Anorith and Lileep
It would be cool if these were based on non-standard sea lilies/great appendage arthropods. Bug/Ground Anorith could get Leanchoilia's tentacle arms to become an ambush predator that burrows into the ground and snaps at anything that contacts its feelers, while Grass/Electric Lileep could borrow from driftwood crinoids like Pentacrinites (which attached to floating logs and formed colonies there) and hang upside-down from power lines to drain electricity and escape from Anorith.

Wild Lileep could even hold Air Balloon at a low chance for a surprise.
>>
>>33790305
keep my boys Magnemite and Gulpin
>>
File: Axylla's regional formes.png (256 KB, 1182x1765)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>33795662
... Yeah, you're right, it completely slipped my mind. Reuploaded without the question marks.
>>
>>33795833

>>33792155
needs to have cubone removed but still
>>
File: genwun.jpg (382 KB, 1280x573)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>33790329
blue boxes indicate that the mons have axyllan forms
>>
File: 1507836843046.jpg (382 KB, 1280x573)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
bump
>>
Are we going to have any legendaries?
>>
File: CsVkf6rUkAApWOB.jpg (75 KB, 586x598)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Reminder for OP that the gen 2 dex limit is 253, not 153 like he keeps saying
>>
>>33795999
>>33795884
I thought we agreed to bring the cats back!
>>
>>33796040
There wa someone that said to make Kyogre the guardian Pokémon of Mt. Heerbaun, plus we have locations perfect for Zapdos(lighthouse), Articuno (Roujelle Mountain) and Lugia (Oerm) so we could capitalize on that.
>>
Reposting the polls for visibility:

Gen 1:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePYeCIPihF9NvRN7_FS35nPCPVTVoiPUa5cdOupWe10LZoBA/viewform

Gen 2:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLOk9S7dYnT2wsY1pNh76fNXmf9osteKHTQgH5v1a2H3f1hA/viewform

Gen 3:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdITa7uw5xLeJpJrqTwJxZ8W9UdUSOTNdNQiBlPbr_roppFQ/viewform

Gen 4:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfMzs5YIIdR_DZHymQ9rwBZqkT_g-MVXo7qvyNOe9WCrj2Lmw/viewform
>>
>>33796096
OP see
>>33796060
>>
>>33795999
In the official dex post that OP made, tangela is in it >>33792155
>>
>>33796173
I don't think anything is official, we're still just brainstorming
>>
>>33796172
I don't understand what your saying, the dex clearly has 253? One anon with a tripcode accidentally wrote 153 in one post but thats it
>>
>>33796203
Yeah, a lot of changes will probably have to be done anyways. Were gonna have to balance types to fit biomes, gym leaders, e4, etc.
>>
I've finished mapping the routes and quite honestly I'm not happy with how it turned out. If anybody has a better mapping in mind be my guest, >>33792498 here it is the Gym progression. Also what should we do with that route circled in red? We either delete it because it adds nothing or we keep it by not making it connect with Route 26.
>>
>>33796263
delet the extra route
>>
>>33796359
this
>>
>>33796359
>>33796384
Gotcha. Should I draw a generation II map too?
>>
>>33796495
There's a program out there called GSCmap that makes it really easy if you want to
>>
So... Is this going to be an actual game or not? I can't keep up with all the threads and posts to see why you guys are planning
>>
>>33796527
I think hopefully it will be, but for now it is half-just for fun and half-serious. I just want to see stuff like the Dragon Pikachu and the Mankey Sandwich Shop
>>
>>33796527
Probably not, as this is the only stage that can be done properly collectively. As for whether someone will actually pick it up and do something... We'll see.
I mean, we could open up a gitgud.io with the crystal assembly for people to submit finished maps/mons to, but it's a huge hassle, and someone'll have to manage it.
>>
File: weezing.png (1 KB, 75x74)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
finished the weezing sprite. has hot water spewing out of his body and steam
>>
>>33796574
nice!
>>
>>33796574
This is really good, Sprite man, I love it. but didn't we say that Weezing had three heads? I forget, either way, you are giving us so much to work with.
>>
File: 1507841618534-1953279436.jpg (2.21 MB, 4128x2322)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
Concept shittyart for NoR city
Also Fainestai HQ
>>
>>33796588
uhh, you can just imagine the third head is facing backwards in the ball behind them
>>
>>33796574
Awesome fuckin job as always
>>
>>33796588
a third head might be too much since the sprites are so small. We can include a head in the backsprite facing towards the player
>>
>>33796574
Which form will you take on next? I am personally rooting for the Mankey line
>>
>>33796574
If you get a chance could you change up the pikachu sprite? Head looks sick, just toss it on a regular pikachus body. Use Tripcode anon's concept art >>33791238 for some reference
>>
>>33796574
This and Koffing are some sexy motherfuckers
>>33796606
Nice view, Anon.
>>33796636
I agree with this.
>>
>>33796584
Bump limit reached.
Op, would you do the house honors?
>>
>>33796660
give me a moment
>>
>>33796610
>Gastly
>>
New: >>33796684

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.