[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1506922131957.png (59 KB, 246x242)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
What reason do I have to get USUM if I already played SM?

>muh story
I can just watch it on youtube

>muh new pokemon
I can just get them in the much better Switch game next year and if I want to play online with them showdown is infinitely better anyway

all the other third versions confirmed a fucking battle facility by now. They've shown nothing that's worth buying the game for.
>>
Nothing skip it. You don't have to play every Pokemon game
>>
>>33796524
this, just go play a romhack or replay previous gens or something
>>
Literally none.
They are banking all their chips on the retarded story that no one wants instead of building an actual world with content, so they need to suffer for it.
>>
just don't get it? why do you need someone to tell you what to do
are your family being held hostage unless you play the game or something
>>
>>33796506
You can pirate this thing you know.
and burn ten bucks if you're a moralfag[]
>>
>>33796524
>You don't have to play every Pokemon game

But why is this one so shit compared to the other third versions? They've shown fucking nothing so far.
>>
>>33796995
It has shown more new things than literally any other third version. The only thing missing is a new battle facility.
>>
>>33797003
>It has shown more new things than literally any other third version

Except it hasn't.
>>
>>33796506
>all the other third versions confirmed a fucking battle facility by now. They've shown nothing that's worth buying the game for.
>he buys a game only for a shitty battle facility
You're just as bad as the ones who buy the game just because it's Pokemon.
>>
>>33797010
>hours worth of replayable challenging content
>shitty

epic meme
>>
>>33797005
>Except it hasn't
Except it has.
>>
>>33796995
They have shown new things. It just your not interested in the things they have shown

I have the same feeling. Don't care about z moves, ultra beasts or more fucking lillie. So not gonna play it. Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>33796506
what reason do have to play pokemon with everything u pointed out?? and ur expecting the pokemon switch game to be like a main series game, but iots more than likely just gonna be a spinoff, which are admittedly more fun than the mainline.

dumb cupheadposter
>>
>>33797021
You have just that in whatever base game of every gen, christ.

>but it's not as good and fun
Nice meme.
>>
File: 1507761343910.png (94 KB, 500x500)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>33797033
>a dumb fujo in charge of telling anyone they're retarded when she's so retarded she thinks the switch game is going to be a spinoff
>>
>>33797022
Nope.
>>
>>33797033
>more than likely just gonna be a spinoff

retard alert
>>
>>33797049
Yes, actually. You seem to merely not be interested in them. It's showcased three new forms, three brand new Pokemon, multiple new Z-Moves, new areas, new story features, RotomDex upgrades, and Mantine Surfing. That's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>33797005
>>33797049
>new pokemon
>new moves
>new areas
>complete story shift
>standard features seen in third versions as well
Yes it fucking has, you retard. The only "third version" which has come close to showing off this much content before release is BW2, and they were sequels.
>>
>>33797060
>It's showcased three new forms
That are recolors with parts from other Pokemon slapped on

> three brand new Pokemon
That are more than likely post-game only with nowhere to even fucking use them

>multiple new Z-Moves
No one cares.

>new story features
No one cares and it can be watched without even buying the fucking game

>RotomDex upgrades
Shit that was already in XY just so they could slap it back in this game.

>Mantine Surfing
Wow a shitty minigame everyone will do once and never play again that has nothing to do with the fucking basis of the game

>>33797071
>>new areas
You mean hallways?

>>standard features seen in third versions as well
Then where's the battle facility?
>>
>>33797097
That's still more than literally any other third version showcased. You've tried to divert the argument to a different topic that doesn't pertain to the original one at all. You're quite bad at this, aren't you?
>>
File: 1450695631949.jpg (40 KB, 253x192)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>33797097
>tl;dr "i don't care about it therefore it doesn't count"
try again any time
>>
>>33797097
You don't like the things. They shown. Just say that
>>
>>33797033
>Tripfag retard

Ishihara wouldn't have said a core Pokémon rpg for the Switch at E3 if they were bringing PMD to it, tool.
>>
Why do you fucks even reply to these threads holy shit
>>
>>33797097
Why not admit that the only thing you care about is battle facilities?
>>
>>33797135
>responding
It's funny that everything he says outside the battle facility can perfectly be applied to BW2 too.
>>
>>33797097
>Then where's the battle facility

Presumably being kept as a post-game surprise, now the third version has actual new added content to show off before the game's launch instead of "Here's the same story with minor tweaks and graphics updates and LOOK HERE'S A BATTLE FACILITY 'CAUSE THERE'S FUCK-ALL ELSE NEW TO SHOW OFF!"
>>
>>33797135
Because is a giant faggot
>>
>>33797135
I care about G A M E P L A Y

not shitty gimmicky minigames, not over the top moves that are almost all useless, not ugly form changes, not new maps that are pretty much just hallways. GAMEPLAY. EXPLORATION. CHALLENGING BATTLES. Things Pokemon is actually about instead of awful looking shit.

>>33797111
>tl;dr "th-they didn't show fucking nothing because of a bunch of meaningless gimmicks!"

>>33797103
>That's still more than literally any other third version showcased.
No it's not. Emerald's Battle Frontier alone is more content than everything USUM has shown so far.
>>
>>33796506
>reddithead
>>
File: 1488138457108.jpg (28 KB, 324x291)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>33797168
>the absolute state of groudonfags
>>33797169
>the absolute state of /v/ermin
>>
>>33797152
>can perfectly be applied to BW2 too.

BW2 actually had a large number of new areas that weren't just fancy hallways, and the ENTIRE story was new instead of just part of it, and the form changes weren't just palette swaps with copy pasted parts, so no, not really.
>>
>>33797043
>>33797057
it just wouldnt surprise me if its just a spinoff like colosseum, not saying thats bad because colosseum was amazing

>>33797115
would a colosseum-like game be considered core rpg?

>>33797168
holy shit ur more retarded than me
>>
>>33797168
>No it's not
Yes, it is. Emerald's Battle Frontier had a few battle facilities. That's not more than new forms, new areas, new Pokemon entirely, and pretty much everything else I listed.
You seem to legitimately just hate USUM because they haven't shown a battle facility. You write everything else off as a gimmick, despite the fact that it is still new content. You don't even acknowledge that it's content, instead acting as though the sheer volume of it is somehow less than that of any other third version, when the opposite is true.
>>
There are people on this board who can't skip a Pokemon game they have 0 interest over.
>>
>>33797192
>it just wouldnt surprise me if its just a spinoff like colosseum,

retard alert
>>
>>33797192
Colosseum would not be considered a core RPG. Core RPG refers directly to their main series games.
>>
>>33797168
Do you really? New pokémon and formes enhance the gameplay experience.
We have seen that characters have higher leveled and more pokémon. Compre what we have seen of SM Hau and USUM Hau.
You have been shown to battle against some of the Ultra guys too.
It really does seem like the only thing that could satisfy you is a battle facility and absolutely nothing else.
>>
>>33797196
>That's not more than new forms, new areas, new Pokemon entirely, and pretty much everything else I listed.

Except it is because the battle facility is hours upon hours worth of replayable content while everything you listed is either a shitty gimmick or something you play once and never touch again.
>>
>>33797175
>BW2 actually had a large number of new areas that weren't just fancy hallways
Sure just look at this one.

> and the ENTIRE story was new instead of just part of it,
Still shittier than the first game, can watch in on youtube no problem.

>and the form changes weren't just palette swaps with copy pasted parts,
I mean they're not as bad as DW/DM Necrozma but it's still just two white Zekrom with Kyurem's face and the dragons parts pasted on.
>>
>>33797205
>Except it is because the battle facility is hours upon hours worth of replayable content while everything you listed is either a shitty gimmick or something you play once and never touch again.
That is simply not what was being argued at all, anon. The sheer volume of new content is much larger in USUM than it was in Emerald.
>>
>>33797204
>New pokémon and formes enhance the gameplay experience.
Not when there's nowhere to fucking use them

>We have seen that characters have higher leveled and more pokémon.
This doesn't mean anything when we have no idea how the level balancing for the rest of the game is like.
ORAS has a few gym leaders that are slightly higher leveled than the originals but it doesn't mean jack shit when you have an EXP share overleveling you the entire fucking game as well as megas and legendaries handed to you mid-game on a silver platter.

I can use Z-moves twice now? Fucking GREAT, except the NPCs will never use it and literally all it does is make the game more casualized. What a fun feature.
>>
>>33797217
>That is simply not what was being argued at all, anon.

Except it is. A bunch of shallow gimmicks isn't larger in volume than one huge feature that can be worth possibly hundreds of hours.
>>
>>33797225
Except it isn't. A bunch of new content is more than less new content. Therefore, USUM has more new content than Emerald did.
>>
>>33797205
>>33797225
why do you people say SM and XY have no postgame then

they have the battle facility that is hours upon hours worth of replayable content
>>
>>33797228
>A bunch of new content is more than less new content.

But it's not a bunch of new content it's shallow in gameplay.

All you're doing is trying (and failing) to argue semantics instead of magnitude of the actual fucking gameplay.
>>
File: laughing face.jpg (61 KB, 600x582)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>if i don't like it, it doesn't count!
This thread
>>
File: 1372177597373.jpg (9 KB, 250x237)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
It's amazing how I get LESS excited for this game with every trailer they release

It's like I see the new trailer in my subscription box, get excited that it might be something actually worth buying the game for, and all it is is another Z-move or some worthless gimmick I don't care about.
>>
>>33797236
But it is a bunch of new content. USUM is introducing far more content than any other third version, and you're arguing a point that was not part of the initial discussion.
Sheer volume of new content in USUM is, very simply, more than that in Emerald. Disagreeing with that is simply dumb.
>>
>>33797236
What did emerald include?

Battle frontier

Being able to battle both teams

Just because you don't like the content that was shown in usum doesn't mean there isn't new content. Just don't buy the game but I'm sure your gonna first in line November 17th
>>
>>33796506
No one's forcing you to play them you stupid faggot. Don't like what you see? Then don't play it. What the fuck are you still doing here arguing? We get it, you don't like us and um. (Despite the fact that they're not even out yet, shocking!!) Stop bumping your shit thread already.
>>
>>33797252
>Sheer volume of new content in USUM is, very simply, more than that in Emerald.

No it's not because it's all worthless gimmicks that barely add any gameplay compared to an area that has hours worth of replayable, unique, challenging facilities. The volume of content in Emerald is higher simply because you get more GAMEPLAY out of it.

>>33797253
>Battle frontier

And yet this alone is better than everything in USUM. It's also kind of sad that USUM fanboys have to compare it to a 13 year old game that was back when DLC wasn't even around.
>>
>>33797234
literally nothing at all like the battle frontier, get that shit out of here. we aren't talking about that shit
>>
>>33797258
>don't like it DON'T BUY IT
The absolute state of GF shills
>>
>>33797221
>Not when there's nowhere to fucking use them
How do you know that? Carrotwolf is available very early. UB Adhesive might be too.
>This doesn't mean anything when we have no idea how the level balancing for the rest of the game is like.
Why are you crying like a little bitch then? You have been shown what indications that the game will be harder and yet you whine. You're really making it obvious that whatever they show you won't satisfy you.
>ORAS has a few gym leaders that are slightly higher leveled than the originals but it doesn't mean jack shit when you have an EXP share overlevelng
>actually using the Exp. Share
You have no reason to complain about challenging battles then. Poni and on in SM without the Exp. Share has one of the highest level curves.
I agree that free legendaries and high catch rates are dumb, but actually using the legendaries is entirely on you.
>>
>>33797270
why not? it's hours upon hours worth of replayable content
>>
>>33797284
but its fucking not
>>
>>33797286
how it's not?
>>
These retarded smogan fags are really weirdos

If it's not battle frontier than it isn't new content
>>
>>33797291
becausae theres absolutely no fucking challenge, the bf actually had layers upon layers of challenge to it. which added to its replayability. fucking retard
>>
>>33797033

You will never learn that everything that spits from your nickfaggotry is not even allowed to be read... Am I right?
>>
>>33797276
At least I didn't make a thread to bitch and moan about a set of games I haven't even played yet :)
>>
>>33797306
so you're saying that the pwt is shit? that's just bad taste coming from you.
>>
>people calling BF replayable content
Is this a joke? I feel like everyone saying this never completed either the Emerald Frontier, the Platinum Frontier or even all the trophies in the Maison. Aside from the Battle Factory nobody replays the facilities after they have gotten all the stamps. Their replayability after you have completed them is really overrated. I didn't play them again unless I needed to for BP, and then it's out of need and not out of fun.
I feel like the board is filled with shitters that think it will take a year to complete a BF, when it is done in a couple of day at most with well trained teams.
>>
>>33797327
#notmybattlefrontier
>>33797342
thats why you different teams for different uses to add variety, fucking retard hol shit
>>
ITT: retards who don't give a shit about Pokemon except for the Battle Frontier
>>
File: file.jpg (218 KB, 1200x667)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>33797010
>I think it's shit so you are bad if you like it
>>
File: file.jpg (217 KB, 1200x667)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>33797392
>i think it's good so you are bad if you don't like it
>>
>>33797362
>thats why you different teams for different uses to add variety, fucking retard hol shit
Again, I don't think you have actually experienced this yourself.
Once you have beaten a facility then you're probably going to move on to the next and never visit that one again.
Making new teams to beat the same Frontier Brain in the same facility over and over again is way less fun than you think it is. Factory is the only one with good replayability. The rest you just revisit if you need BP.
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 362x360)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>33797418
I never said that.
>>
>>33797250
>Despite all of the problems in SM they thought that adding SURFING MANTINE was a priority
Im seriously not even buying this game. I dont care about move tutors or the new ultra beasts that im never going to use anyways.
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 362x360)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>33797455
>>
>>33797488
What do you consider problems?
If you think other cut areas like the Golf Course would be anything more than a minigame or some restaurant clone I don't know what to tell you.
The excessive story and streamlines routes aren't considered problems by GF, but ideal. If you expect those aspects to change from SM to USUM you're a fool.
>>
File: 1507236036824.png (319 KB, 478x288)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
What people wanted:
>Alolan forms
>some form of postgame, be that a PWT or BF
>move tutors
>O-Powers
>maybe some way to skip cutscenes so replaying it won't be a nightmare

Things we've gotten:
>potentially double the amount of cutscenes
>extra areas during the story, but no word of actual postgame
>Z Moves
>O-Powers
>MINIGAMES
>move tutors, maybe

You can't look at all this and wonder why people are Groudonposting. GF turned SM's 20 hour story into a 25 hour story, but as far as we know, we'll barely have anything to do in postgame, potentially LESS than SM if they put the UB quest into the main story. Furthermore, Alolan forms were one of the main hype generators of Gen 7, people liked and wanted more for Pokemon that weren't Gen 1, but instead all we've gotten are UBs, only 1 of which has a chance to be usable, the other 2 are either prevos(Adhesive) or dead on arrival (Rock/Steel).

If they confirm some form a battle facility, everyone will be happy, but we seem to be getting everything but.
>>
>>33797554
>If they confirm some form a battle facility, everyone will be happy, but we seem to be getting everything but.
Nice way of saying that a battle frontier is the only thing you care about.
>>
>>33797513
>3 trials not even in the game
>Framerate issues up the ass, they dont even try to optimize
>Half the existing trials are jokes
>Super lusamine fighting you with her pokemon instead of it being an actual boss battle
>Half of the ride pokemon are useless outside of like 1 area
>The entire ultra beast mission
>Only 1 battle facility
>Removed 2 battle modes
>Festival plaza (have fun leveling this again if you actually buy the new version lol)
>No horde battles because piss poor optimization again
>No Dex Nav
>Rotom dex
>The camera mini game is a fucking joke
Theres probably a thousand things i forgot but i cant remember them. There are a lot of things the games did do right like removing HMs and letting us use the ultra wormhole to catch version exclusive pokemon but the bad outweighs the good. Im not paying 40 dollars for them to only fix a fraction of those issues.
>>
>>33797589
??? It is quite explicitly stated that the there are only seven trials. And if you're referring to the Z-crystals just lying about it has already been confirmed that at least the Flying and Dragon ones will get some more attention.
Again, that's intentional, whether you like it or not. Some of the most bare bones like the Electric one is getting an overhaul though, and the Grass and Fire also have changes. If you're trying to say that their neglecting trials in USUM then that's completely wrong.
>Super lusamine fighting you with her pokemon instead of it being an actual boss battle
This is so fucking subjective it isn't even funny.
Literally everyone of them has use more than one place. But yes, they could have been handled better. We are getting new ones though.
But again, they are changing that.
>Rotom dex
They're changing that too.

I will give you Plaza still being shit and poor optimization. But a lot of the other problems you claim they have been ignored aren't really problems or they are actually changing them.
>>
>>33796506
By that, every game is useless to play, why you ask this only about USUM then?
>>
>>33797670
No because games like XY and SM offer an entirely new region to explore and catch new Pokemon in. Games like BW2 offers more new areas and PWT while Platinum and Emerald have unique battle facilities that require team building and strategy to overcome each of the rulesets.

Almost everything in USUM so far is just pointless gimmicks.
>>
>>33797174
>the absolute state of kyogrefags

Enjoy your photo mini game.
>>
>Sure just look at this one.

That weren't JUST fancy hallways.

>Still shittier than the first game, can watch in on youtube no problem.

What's your point? Still better than SM and likely less retarded than USUM's.

>I mean they're not as bad as DW/DM Necrozma but it's still just two white Zekrom with Kyurem's face and the dragons parts pasted on.

Atleast they aren't the only selling point like how the Necrozma forms are looking to be.
>>
>>33797704
I will, while you fags are unable to enjoy anything because you're /v/ermin pests who have to shit on everything you come across, so you look enlightened in the eyes of other /v/ermin.
>>
>>33797589
At least one of them is in the game now.

>Framerate issues up the ass, they dont even try to optimize
Fair enough

Fair enough

The fact that they didn't do something they never did before doesn't mean that's a flaw. Just wasted potential, but not a flaw per se.

Fair enough.

It could've been better, indeed.

>Only 1 battle facility
As far as I'm concerned, that's okay. Until they actulally make a halfway decent AI, there's only so much battle facilities can achieve.

>Removed 2 battle modes
Fair

>Festival plaza (have fun leveling this again if you actually buy the new version lol)
It's pretty easy to level it up if you do the global missions.

>No horde battles because piss poor optimization again
That was almost as bad as SOS encounters.

>No Dex Nav
Its back.

>Rotom dex
What about it? Obnoxious, but not bad.

>The camera mini game is a fucking joke
Not bad, just underdeveloped.

The bottom line is: SM had potential but failed to achieve it. Much of it may be due to the game having to stick to the 20th anniversary schedule. That probably changed a lot of plans for how Gen VI and VII played out an resulted in the game feeling rushed.

Also, the Zygarde cells thing was worse than all the things you mentioned simply because of just how unintuitive it was.
>>
Why is /vp/ so fucking retarded?
>>
>>33797785
like those retarded shills who think buying the same again with more cutscenes is worth it? I know they're so fucking dumb
>>
>>33797323
> passive agressive smiley

>>>/facebook/
>>
>>33797797
I was talking about people like you.
>>
>>33796995
they've shown more than a standard version
>>
>>33797870
Why? For not handing over money to Game Freak for a shitty rehash only a YEAR after the first game instead of DLC like any sane developer?
>>
>>33796506
Wait until the game is out (1-2 months) and make an informed decision.
>>
>>33797342
Well, I partially completed BFs and have all Trophies in gen 6, but I wouldn't consider the Frontier ''completable in 2 days'' tbf. Not saying it will take years, but neither a couple of days...
>>
>>33796995
Not counting trivial shit like "evolutionary stones available early thanks to telephone in Crystal".
>Yellow
Pikachu starter, nice sprites, different teams for gym leaders and all 3 standard starters being available in-game
>Crystal
Suicune plotline, animated sprites, minor graphic and location changes (e.g. Burnt Tower and Ice Path), Battle Tower
>Emerald
Slightly changed plotline, more double battles, animated sprites, handful of new locations (almost half of which are for grinding battles)

Nigger, have you even played and compared these games? Unless you really fucking like Battle Frontier or animated sprites, third versions on Game Boy platforms aren't that big of an improvement.
>>
>>33798669
>Nigger, have you even played and compared these games?

Have you? Emerald BF is better than everything announced for USUM.

I think it speaks for itself that you have to compare USUM to fucking GAMEBOY games just to make USUM look good.
>>
>>33798829
I've recently got all gold symbols for this shit. It was a complete waste of my time, not a fun experience (apart from Battle Factory and Battle Dome - which are very similar to what Pokemon Stadiums have to offer).

Third versions are garbage idea which I thought died after gen 4. I don't want to play the same shit with minor changes. And I don't want to grind RNG battles, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1417444210714.jpg (144 KB, 1440x1080)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Friendly reminder that people who disregard legitimate new features and content just because it isn't what they personally want, who even go as far as to judge a game before it's even released/played it, is the reason pokemon is "on the decline" in the first place.

It's actually not

These people are unpleasable cancer that Game Freak is smart enough to purposely ignore and so should you.

And despite the trend of showing off nearly the entire game off in trailers and getting data-mined to absolute oblivion. These game still gross millions upon millions of dollars each release.

Sales numbers > your shitty opinions.
>>
>>33798829

>being this delusional
>>
Why does everyone assume the switch version will be the best version?
What if the only thing that's improved is the graphics but we're still stuck with the same flaws of a not fleshed out story or characters that only do so much and are never heard from again?
>>
>>33799019
>Le sales = good meme
Just stop
>>
>>33796506
They'll be required for VGC competitions this January, so I'm picking both version up.
>>
>>33796506
>all the other third versions confirmed a fucking battle facility by now. They've shown nothing that's worth buying the game for.
well B2W2's one new facility was pure garbage but the game was still pretty alright so I don't see the problem there
>Switch game being much better
>start of a generation ever being good
lmao

yeah though if you were retarded enough to play SM I guess you shouldn't play USUM
>>
>>33800352
Hi fanboy.
>>
File: 1488572288962.jpg (32 KB, 357x326)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>33799019
C'mon now, anon. Pokemon sells due to children and because its world famous. That doesn't mean the games are actually top of the line RPGs, just like SAO isn't actually a good anime despite it making mad bank.

We're consumers, we're allowed to voice our opinion on a product that GF is selling to us. A lot of people on /vp/ feel they aren't getting their money's worth with USUM, especially since we haven't gotten a conformation of stuff that was standard 2/3 gens ago. So far, there is nothing shown that couldn't be a ~$20 DLC pack for SM. Riding a Mantine and playing in a Pikachu Park is not worth buying the same game over again.

>>These people are unpleasable cancer that Game Freak is smart enough to purposely ignore and so should you.
I don't know, anon. I think the people who willingly eat up even GF's worst games are pretty awful, since it means GF knows they can put almost no effort into a game and still have it make a ton of profit.
>>
File: 1498348847937.png (190 KB, 209x232)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>GFIDF drones going full damage control mode
Y'all are doing it for free to boot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.