[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I'm trying to wrap my head around all this dimensional fuckery right now, so let's see if I have this right.

Arceus created the universe, and AZ's Floette died in the war.

In one universe, AZ doesn't create his super laser, so Mega Stones are never created. Pokemon Blue, Red, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 occur in this universe.

In the other universe AZ creates the weapon and Mega Stones are created. FireRed, LeafGreen, SoulSilver, HeartGold, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X, Y, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon occur in this universe.

Additionally both of these universes are connected to the Sky Pillar, but may also probably have their own versions of Ultra Space, the Distortion World and the Interdream World.

Do I have that right? Also Lore thread I suppose.
>>
>>33798245
this is only the beginning
>>
someone post a pokemon history infographic

i love pokmeon lore
>>
>>33798297
I feel like were constantly being cock teased with just enough information to keep me wanting more, but never enough to be satisfied.
>>
File: iPBZTgD.jpg (622 KB, 1440x2250)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>33798303
yeah bulbapedia has a good timeline tho
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world
>>
File: freeze.jpg (40 KB, 700x394)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>33798245
Ultra Sun/Moon is separate from vanilla Sun/Moon, though, so that's already a third branch.
>>
>>33798245
>but may also probably have their own versions of Ultra Space
Ultraspace is another universe
>>
>>33798245
All that’s true except the BW2 part, since they happen the same way in both universes.

Platinum is the stand in for the eventual Gen 4 remakes in the Mega Universe. The Mega Universe is pretty much 3rd Version/Remake universe
>>
>>33798329
So there's 3 dimensions now?
- Non-Mega
- Mega
- Ultra Space (USUM)
?
>>
AZ's Floette never died
>>
>>33798319
>Kyogre is born in ocean trench
>Proceeds to create ocean
Stupidity
>>
>>33798245
Actually, with the way Pokemon is currently set up, the only games that definitely take place in different universes are individual versions and remakes. Otherwise, all the games follow a timeline of Kanto=Hoenn>Johto=Sinnoh>Unova1>Unova2>Kalos>Alola.
Technically, any of the games can fit together, you can have a timeline where RSE and XY take place in the same universe, just that megas never reached Hoenn and stayed a secret of Kalos.

>Additionally both of these universes are connected to the Sky Pillar, but may also probably have their own versions of Ultra Space, the Distortion World and the Interdream World.
No universe is connected to the Sky Pillar. You may be mistaking it for the Spear Pillar, which involves Arceus and the Creation trio.
>>
No no no. We have the GB timeline, with RGBY and GSC. Then there's the GBA and DS timeline with RSE, FRLG, DPP, HGSS, BW and B2W2. Then there's the Megaverse with XY, ORAS, SM and USUM. Though OR and AS are stated to be alternate realities, while US is an alternate reality of S and same for UM and M. You can also travel between S and M using Ultra Wormholes, but whether that's using the same dimension travelling as Hoopa in ORAS is unknown.

The meteoriod was originally going to be teleported to the RSE universe before Zinnia stopped that and Hoopa pulls in the legendary beasts from the GB timeline, hence their encounter music.

While Looker and Anabel could be from the non-mega universe, it seems you can go through Ultra Space and lose your memory and not be from that universe, like with Mohn, so it's possible that Ultra Space is a separate dimension to what Hoopa does (simply travelling through Palkia's space like Celebi with Dialga?), so Anabel and Looker have not been plucked from the non-megaverse so that there are two of each running around. Although that wouldn't mean the Looker we met in XY is the megaverse Looker and the one we met in ORAS is the one we met in Platinum, BW and B2W2 that was pulled into the megaverse. That makes more sense, but who knows.
>>
Why do people think there's only two timelines (mega and non-mega) when ORAS (and BW) also established that every version fo a game has its own timeline. Hoenn games alone account for 5 timelines. If you want to make a coherent pokemon timeline, you've got to ignore those details and treat each region's events in broad strokes.
>>
>>33798395
Quick correction for you:

Kanto=Hoenn>Johto=Sinnoh>Unova1>Unova2=Kalos>Alola
>>
>>33798412
and lose your memory AND BE from that universe*

Geez, undoing the whole point of that paragraph with that typo...
>>
>>33798338
>There was a man and a Pokemon. He loved that Pokemon very much.
>A war began.
>The man's beloved Pokemon took part in the war.
>Several years passed.
>He was given a tiny box.
>The man wanted to bring the Pokemon back. No matter what it took.
>>
>>33798418
Oh right, thanks anon.
>>
Wait, are there two Anabels in the mega-verse? The one from the RSE Hoenn, who's now with the International Police, and the Frontier Brain who's at the mega-verse's Battle Frontier, built after the events of ORAS, but before the events of SM?

And what happens if the two Anabels meet in a future game?
>>
>>33798466
Could very well be, though I would think something like a double of Anabel would have been mentioned in SM. Maybe she was replaced by someone else in the ORAS frontier?
>>
The timeline before ORAS was

RBY/RSE -> GSC/DPPt/ -> BW -> B2W2/XY

When remakes were faithful enough to just be slotted in where the original games went, and there was no Mega Universe horseshit. Because of ORAS, we are, for some reason, forced to assume that RSE did not happen in the same universe as XY, because now ORAS had replaced them. The "other Hoenn" we assume to be RSE because there was no Mega Evolution, also being described as a world where the war 3,000 years ago (staple of XY's story) never happened.

Depending on how extreme you want to get, you can just assume that banishing RSE to some fake, not canon anymore universe, pulls every other game before XY away with it because of their ties, and the timeline becomes

RBY/RSE -> GSC/DPPt -> BW -> B2W2
ORAS -> XY -> SM

But we still know that events of those other games will happen or have happened depending on the game in some capacity. In ORAS, there's a display in a museum saying the Royal Unova is still under construction, which lines up with the original timeline where BW was a few years after RSE. Grimsley appears in SM a bit older than he was in the Unova games, which lines up with XY originally being around the same time as B2W2 and SM taking place after XY (known because of Sina and Dexio's comments). We know RBY happened because we meet Red & Blue, and they're old enough to line up with when those games should have happened, 10ish years ago.

As far as I'm concerned, the timeline is the same as it ever was, with SM now taking place after XY, and USUM soon replacing it. The only thing to keep in mind is when a game as stupid as ORAS comes along every now and then, you have to assume now that those older events didn't happen exactly the same way, and new remakes will supercede. Of course, if RBY and GSC never get remade again, Hoenn having Mega Evolution but Kanto at the same time and Johto two years after not having it doesn't quite line up. DPP and BW will inevitably be retconned to have megas.
>>
File: SeaBill.png (3 KB, 240x160)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
One of the major arguments I've seen against Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is that it's deviated too far from the original rats vs birds we saw in R/B/Y.

But even that's not true because we know Porygon was originally intended to fly into cyberspace whilst Porygon2 was intended to visit different planets.

So what if PorygonZ was intended to visit other dimensions/Ultra Space, but got corrupted by the Dubious Disc?

Bill's invention in R/B/Y is a Pokemon teleporter. Could it have sent Pokemon to Ultra Space or through dimensional portals?
>>
>>33798480
>Maybe she was replaced by someone else in the ORAS frontier?
But we don't know if SM Anabel was a frontier brain before (i think).
>>
>>33798538
>So what if PorygonZ was intended to visit other dimensions/Ultra Space, but got corrupted by the Dubious Disc?

That isn't really a what if, it's Platinum pokedex description says
>Its programming was modified to enable work in alien dimensions. It did not work as planned.
>>
>>33798542
She is. Looker stated that one of the few things she remembered from her past is that she defended a tower in Hoenn, alluding to her role as Salon Maiden. This is apart from the giant tease that is her battle theme, being literally ripped from Emerald.
>>
>>33798528
>USUM soon replacing it
USUM= Alternate universe, doesn't replace the original.
>>
>>33798334
Dimensions are different from universes.

Think of dimensions as radio wave-lengths. None-megas are AM, Megas are FM. The distortion world , Dialgas realm, and Ultra Space are your stations like 93.3 and 750. Each Universe has it's spectrum of stations.
>>
>>33798319
>humans created the regi trio
>weather trio and heatran were formed through natural processes
>mew population

Pure retardation. When will people stop trying to force everything into timelines to satiate their autism? Obviously the mega universe and non-mega universe are apparent and canon but trying to shove anything else beyond that into different timelines and universes is a waste of time
>>
>>33798590
Dimension are more related with the string theory than with the paralel universes thing right ?
>>
Remember that there are also infinite timelines, for each game, including both in a generational pair, and each save file on each copy.
>>
>>33798528
Although, RBY getting remade again at some point does seem likely, who knows for GSC. Some people might also say Origins is supposed to be Megaverse RBY, at least until we get a game. You can always just say that Kanto and Johto are rural enough that they just don't have Mega Stones. Some people also think that ORAS not only replaces RSE, but reshuffles the whole thing and takes place just before XY, at the same time as XY, or after XY, because of Wally's appearance in the Battle Tree. I don't buy into that because of the Royal Unova stuff, although that's really just flavour text. If they can't keep things from contradicting I'm just going to believe the one I like more.

There's also ORAS just straight up contradicting things from XY with regards to Mega Evolution that's irritating and makes me want to just treat ORAS as non-canon, but SM's Anabel seems to continue along the same line, so I guess X and Y were just retconned.

>>33798573
I mean replacing it in how we look at the timeline going forward. Every alternate version is a different timeline, but we never wonder if a game takes place after Diamond instead of Pearl. SM will still have happened, it just won't be relevant to any future stories, like how Emerald and Platinum "replace" RS and DP, but they all still technically happened. It'll likely be the definitive version of SM's story.
>>
>>33798319
>at the beginning of the universe, giratina destroyed things before they existed

who made this
>>
>>33798644
>SM will still have happened, it just won't be relevant to any future stories
Until the inevitable remakes but that's another story
>>
I'm in love with the implications of ultra space. How many kinds of ultra beast are there? Does that dimension have its own Arceus-like progenitor ultra beast?
>>
>>33798245
Just don't think about it

Gamefreak didn't either
>>
>>33798691
Ultra Space is a weird void between dimensions where tiny pocket dimensions sometimes form like bubbles. Each Ultra Beast comes from its own pocket dimension.
>>
>>33798691
Ultra Space seems to me like the fabric between many worlds, including our own. Before, it seemed possible that all Ultra Beasts came from the same, shared world that is either accessed through or called Ultra Space, but now we know that every Ultra Beast lives in its own, unique world, and all of them (and our own) can be traveled to through Ultra Space.

Ultra Beasts are only called Ultra Beasts because they're bathed in energy from the Ultra Wormhole. They likely wouldn't be classified as Ultra anything within their own worlds, because it's only through invading our world that they travel through Ultra Wormholes. They also probably wouldn't share the same creator because they're all from different worlds. Or, they might share the same creator, but it would just be Arceus for all of it. The only creatures we know of that seem native to Ultra Space itself, or govern over it in some fashion, are Solgaleo and Lunala, because they are uniquely capable of creating Wormholes and traveling through Ultra Space to other worlds on their own. Necrozma may be similar.
>>
How is it that we know that RBY/FRLG and RSE took place around the same time again? I know about the deleted tweet, but I don't remember what in-game justification there was. I know there's the Sinjoh ruins that tie DPP and HGSS together, but I also don't remember how we know they happen at roughly the same time. I think that one was because Cynthia shows up in HGSS? And there wasn't anything in the games that said XY took place around the same time as BW2, right? Just that person's word.
>>
>>33798691
There may be an infinite amount of ultra beasts as there may be an infinite amount of different dimensions in ultra space which the ultra beasts come from. I think the pokemon universe is simply another dimension in ultra space but instead of only one type of ultra beast there are many different pokemon and life forms. It is totally possible that there could be a "legendary" ultra beast for each dimension but I don't think we'll see anything like that in USUM and the each dimension will be inhabited by one type of ultra beast.
>>
>>33798738
As far as I'm concerned, the UBs and their respecting pocket dimensions are as part or Arceus design as the rest of the Pokemon world. Nothing indicated Arceus was unable to create different plains of existence, in fact, Giratina's Distortion World reinforces the idea that Arceus' work has many different layers of reality.
>>
>>33798762
Really, it was mostly just because the FRLG sidequest made it sound like we were trading with RSE in real time.
>>
File: 4ch timeline.png (70 KB, 754x910)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
Pic related but change SM at 2016 for 2015/2016 and BW at 2010 for 2010/2011
>>
>>33798863
There are two schools of thought on this one:
>SM takes place 20 years after Kanto
>SM takes place 10 years after Kanto
Since the time between Sinnoh and Unova is the only time frame we don't have confirmation on, it just boils down to how much time you think passed between the games.
>>
>>33798863
The games take place over the span of 10 years, not 20 like in real life.
>>
>>33798762
D/P/Pl starting scene, remember? It was a live news show about Lake of Rage's Red Gyarados. That's as confirmed as it gets when it comes to Sinnoh and Johto's simultaneity
>>
>>33798280
Raidou Kuzunoha and if/Persona share the same universe? Huh.
>>
File: max age.png (144 KB, 980x660)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>33798879
Only 10 years makes no sense, first of all, Anabel was found in Alola ten years before SM, but she remembers she WAS a Frontier Brain at Hoenn, so she actually worked there before the Kanto/Hoenn era (in fact, in the Mega timeline the Battle Frontier wasn't even ready when the Hoenn era ended, yet the Battle Frontier was still made and Anabel worked there), so that confirms there's a big gap between the first era and the current one, more than ten years.
My second argument is found in BW. At GSC/HGSS we faced a Team Rocket grunt from a foreign country (not PokeJapan where Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions take places) and years after this man is a bald adult with a wife and son in the Unova region at BW. A 10 years gap between Johto/Sinnoh era and BW fits perfectly considering the grunt says he went married and had a his son after come back to his country with Team Rocket's revival on mind and the kid isn't a preescholar (like would be if there was only 10 years between Kanto/Hoenn and SM) yet is still slightly younger than 10 years (in fact his sprite comes from a trainer class in which Max was based, who was 7/8 years old).

And having a 20 years gap between the games released at 1996 and the 20th anniversary game is just too perfect (and don't forget the difference between Kanto and Johto games follows the same rule, same for BW and B2W2)
>>
>>33798418
Whats corrected
>>
>>33798245
FR/LG and HG/SS still take place in the original universe; they don't have Mega evolution.

AZ's weapon may have actually split the timeline when he fired it? Also it may have somehow summoned Deoxys
>>
File: b85.png (184 KB, 600x436)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
Life has many doors Red boys.
>>
>>33798992
BW2 and XY take place at the same time, instead of years apart like the others.
>>
>>33799025
The timeline is implied to have been separate from the get-go, in one universe the war occurred and the weapon fired, in another there was no war and consequently, no weapon.
>>
>>33798890
>a live news show about Lake of Rage's Red Gyarados
I thought it was a documentary? Maybe I'm misremembering.
>>
>>33798245
Fuck Zinnia for giving people ground to stand on with this bullshit.
>>
>>33798245
No, OP. Each save file takes place in a separate dimension. Dimensions can be connected through a Link Cable, the original connectivity method between games. For example, my Sun game is in a different dimension than your Sun game.

But each version can be tied to specific events in said games.

Every game from Gen I to V (including the remakes FRLG and HGSS) take place in dimensions where AZ's weapon does not fire. As a result, people in these games do not have access to Mega Evolution.

Every Gen VI+ game takes place in dimensions where AZ fires the weapon, which creates Mega Evolutions.

Furthermore, every Gen V game takes place in dimensions where Platinum's events occur. not Diamond's or Pearl's.

All games, as far as we know, have Ultra Space, Distortion World, and Interdream World. But certain games have Pokemon with different typings or abilities, such as Magnemite only being pure Electric in the Gen I games but not in any other games.

Also, note that the same character that appears in more than one game is actually a completely different incarnation of that character. Archie in OR is an ally, but in AS he is your enemy. Professor Burnet investigates the Interdream Zone in the Gen V games, but she investigates Ultra Wormholes in Gen VII.
>>
>>33799162
I told you this shit was inevitable months ago, the series is moving on and you refuse to adapt
>>
>>33798981
Anabel being found ten years prior to SM actually does sync up, as Emerald is stated to take place ten years before SM, and Scott opens his Frontier the same year you have your adventure. This could mean that she worked as Salon Maiden for a while before being warped away.

As for the grunt, he's bald because he uses the hooligan sprite which shave their heads, not because he's balding. The age of his son is not given, and an anime-only character is not really indicative of what goes on in the games. There may be slightly more years than exactly ten, but in BW2 Red and Green were still teens when you fight them in the PWT, and since GameFreak gave them an adult redesign in SM, they do in fact care about continuity.
>>
>>33799174
>Professor Burnet investigates the Interdream Zone in the Gen V games, but she investigates Ultra Wormholes in Gen VII.
It was actually stated somewhere that she left her previous work on the dream zone and picked up research on the wormholes instead.
>>
>>33798981
Anabel being found 10 years before SM is not a contradiction, given that with a 10 year long timeline, RSE were 10 years ago. It just means she fell through the wormhole very shortly after the original game. Along the 10 year span, GSC is year 2. Alola is year 10, and we don't know how much time there was between XY and SM, could be just a year. That would place BW at year 7. Five years between GSC and BW works well enough, the age of Max, an anime character who is loosely based on a sprite, is a really weak argument. People can go bald pretty fast, too.

As for your last bit, 20 years between RBY and SM would make Red and Blue 30, and they certainly don't look 30. Having the protagonist of the very first game turn 20 years old on the series' 20th anniversary is just as fitting.
>>
>>33798245
Gens 1 and 2 games are a separate continuity from the GBA/DS games.
>>
>>33799230
>we don't know how much time there was between XY and SM, could be just a year.
2 years according to Alolan Grimsley's concept art and if we factor in that BW2 takes place simultaneously with XY.
>>
>>33799262
I had it in my head earlier that something about Grimsley indicated a two year gap, but I couldn't find it when I was looking for it, so I dismissed it.

That would make the kid four. A bit low, but a kid's a kid, and it's just a sprite. If the timeline was 20 years instead, that would mean that, with GSC taking place two years along, and BW taking place sixteen years along, the kid would probably have to be a teenager anyway.
>>
>>33799204
>This could mean that she worked as Salon Maiden for a while before being warped away.
That retarded headcanon makes no sense, because SM Anabel is the one from Emerald, then there's another Anabel with the same look and name over there (she's not even using a code name or something). SM Anabel is the one who worked at the Battle Frontier in SM's timeline (which is ORAS's) unless you proves otherwise.

>he's bald because he uses the hooligan sprite
How would that being an argument? They had several sprites to use with the grunt yet they chose a hairless man, so they indeed wanted him to being portrait as a grown up man with no hair (whatever you think about his exact age and lack of hair is pretty pointless). If they used a literal elder for the sprite because BW was 50 years after HGSS (for example) would you say "he's old because they use the old man sprite not because he's older"?

>The age of his son is not given
Yet he's too old to support to 10 years theory since he's not a preescolar. There are more than 10 years between Kanto and Alola and Anabel and the kid are proof.

>old characters from reapearing into Battle Facilities are canon
No.
Why do you think Red, Green, Colress and Grimsley got a new design for SM? Because they canonically appear outside the battle facility, they are part of the story. SM Cynthia, SM Wally, BW2 Cynthia, BW2 Steven, etc, these are nothing but filler for the facility, no new designs, no canon return.

>>33799230
See above

>we don't know how much time there was between XY and SM
Someone already replied to this

>Five years between GSC and BW works well enough
Not at all, even ignoring Max that sprite doesn't fit at all with a 4/5 years kid at all, they would use a preescolar sprite if that was the case.

>Japan made characters looking younger? Impossible!
Come on... are you even trying?
>>
What if Zinnia was wrong, like she was the two times she almost got the world destroyed attempting to summon Rayquaza?
>>
>>33798412
How do we know that the meteor was going to destroy the RSE universe? Is it just assumed or is there real evidence of this.
They should have gone through with it to tie mystery dungeon into the games canon since the first one had the thing about the meteor
>>
>>33799427
>That retarded headcanon makes no sense, because SM Anabel is the one from Emerald, then there's another Anabel with the same look and name over there (she's not even using a code name or something). SM Anabel is the one who worked at the Battle Frontier in SM's timeline (which is ORAS's) unless you proves otherwise.

I can hardly tell what you're trying to say here. Are you saying SM's Anabel did not come from another world? She knows she defended a tower, most likely in reference to the Battle Tower, which seems like a pretty noteworthy position. If she was from this world and just lost her memory, the international police should be able to figure out who she is and she'd be able to explain herself more conclusively even if she doesn't personally remember. If you aren't denying she came from another world, I can't for the life of me understand how it is you're trying to refute the 10 year thing with it.

>Someone already replied to this
The 20 year long timeline you're pushing puts SM at 3 or 4 years after B2W2, so don't act like you were going to bust in here and tell me what's what had that other person not done it.

You're just brushing off how old important characters like Red and Blue look in favour of taking how old some utterly insignificant cameo rocket grunt's child's sprite looks. Fuck off.
>>
>>33799461
We don't know for certain, only the game heavily hinting at it. We know the alternate Hoenn Zinnia talks about is similar to the main one but without Mega Evolution, it's accessed through using a Link Cable, and SM implies Anabel came from a version of Hoenn with a Battle Tower. It's not conclusive, but it seems like what they were going for.
>>
>>33799461
Zinnia proposed it as a theory. It seems kind of dumb considering a meteor did touch down in the RSE universe containing Deoxys anyway. Anabel makes it believable enough, unfortunately.
>>
File: BW kids sprites.png (5 KB, 236x76)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>33799478
>the international police should be able to figure out who she is
Who said the police didn't it? Has been 10 years, of course they know, Looker only said what Anabel remember, he never said her past is still a total mistery for the police, and the fact that she, a notorious (supposed to be) Champion-tier training from Hoenn can be over there not even using a code name proves there's no Anabel at the Battle Frontier in the mega timeline. Unless you come up with a weird headcanon like that "the Battle Frontier had different Brains somehow in the mega timeline so the mega universe-native Anabel never became a Brain and nobody will notice there's two of her" because you can't concieve SM being that far away from Kanto-Hoenn games.

>BW2 happens at 2012-2013
>SM at 2015-2016
>"it puts 2015 at 3 or 4 years after 2013"
Nigga what

>You're just brushing off how old important characters like Red and Blue
Wow you are quite retarded aren't you? Red and GREEN being 30 years old at SM would make perfect sense. I would recommend you to watch more japanese shit (not only videogames but also anime) but considering even SM's villain itself falls in this japanese trope of looking younger or older, I guess you're just in denial.

Oh also still the kid being 5/4 makes no sense. Sorry I don't care how hard you try, if you think they had between like these 3 sprites for kids and they ignored the one from left for a kid who is like 4 years old (or even younger) you're just delusional. So sorry, even if you were right about the Anabel thing, the kid being that young is just stupid. 10 years between Kanto and Alola makes no sense, deal with it.
>>
>>33799668
No, the original post said that SM took place in 2016 full stop, not 2015-2016. 2016 is objectively 3-4 years after 2012-2013. If you're going to lie to cover your ass on such insignificant things, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about a sprite for a literal nobody.
>>
>>33799866
>the original post said that SM took place in 2016 full stop
Stop trying, please >>33798863

>b-but the pic
You are talking to me, who cares about the one who did that pic? God do you also think Einstein's correction of the theory (later the law) of gravity was wrong because he only corrected a little mistake on Newton's original theory? Nah, I'm sure you don't, you're just assblasted and run out of arguments.
>>
>>33799931
My mistake, but there are no arguments to run out of it. It's just you not even comprehending Anabel's role in Sun and Moon, and a back and forth of "this small character's sprite is not important compared to these major characters" and "I can just assume they made those major characters look younger than I'm saying they are because I watch more anime than you, the cameo sprite is more important".

You can keep thinking these games take place over 20 years and Red is thirty, you'll just be one of the only people who does.
>>
>>33799991
>It's just you disagree with my inconsistent headcanon, you don't forget you proved me wrong about the kid thing and I'm still in denial about Japan made characters looking older or younger even if the main villain of the game is the best example of the trope
Yeah, I know.

Oh also that shit you just did it's called "argumentum ad populum", which is a cheaped and fallacious argument. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Oh also you made me remember Red wears a t-shirt with the year in which he started his pokemon adventure (1996), Mimikyu's description says it use Pikachu's merchan from 20 years ago and Porygon was "recently created" at Kanto games but SM says has been about two decades since its creation.

>b-but these are easter eggs, means no shit in-universe even if are existing in-universe unlike shit like the HUD!
Yeah whatever you say dude, those are just more points against the retarded 10 years theory. You are still wrong about the other points, I don't care anymore.
>>
>>33799162
It's not the idea, it's that it was poorly presented and even then it still doesn't excuse her reasoning because it leaves so many things unaccounted for.

>>33799184
She was still grasping at straws about all the other shit with how the countermeasures against the meteor could go awry. The displacement device converging to a different dimension sounds like a freak accident rather than certain reasoning and shitting on the nuke powered by Infinity Energy just seemed like nothing more than "muh ethics." Don't even get me started on how retarded she was going on about how scientific research and progress is too easy and too good to be true.

She was right about alternate universes, but that doesn't mean she knew how everyone's plan but hers would turn out. Hers even fell to shit and everyone would have been doomed if you didn't happen to find a tasty rock for Fug in the cave.
>>
>>33798245
Why do idiots on /vp/ always want to make things unnecessarily complicated? ALL the games are canon to BOTH universes, the ONLY difference is Mega Evolution. Everything that happened in Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova also happened in the Mega Universe. The events of all of the games all happened, even if we don't have remakes to show us the tiny differences made by Mega Evolution. They are, afterall, only tiny differences.

Also, OP, how the FUCKING HELL did you get so moronic that you'd say FRLG and HGSS are in the Mega Universe when those games don't have Mega Evolutions? Is it because you're afraid of remakes retconning the old games and you want your precious little babies RBY and GSC to stay relevant?
>>
>>33798245
No.

FRLG + ORAS -->
HGSS + Pt -->
BW1 -->
B2W2 + XY -->
USUM

This is the timeline. New games retcon old games. RBY, GSC, RSE, DP and SM are no longer canon because they have all been remade with the same story and same events, but with updates and additions.

What you guys are trying to do is like saying "Oh yeah v2.0 of this game is out now and it retcons the background story of this character, BUT WE'RE STILL GONNA PRETEND LIKE V1'S VERSION IS CANON". No, that's not how it works.
>>
>>33799427
>That retarded headcanon makes no sense, because SM Anabel is the one from Emerald, then there's another Anabel with the same look and name over there (she's not even using a code name or something). SM Anabel is the one who worked at the Battle Frontier in SM's timeline (which is ORAS's) unless you proves otherwise.
You just said that SM Anabel came from Emerald, then immediately followed up saying SM Anabel came from ORAS. Make up your mind.

>They had several sprites to use with the grunt yet they chose a hairless man, so they indeed wanted him to being portrait as a grown up man with no hair
They used a hooligan sprite to denote that he was a gangster and petty criminal, like the hooligans are, like the former grunt was. Hooligan sprites also happen to be leather-donning skinheads because those are associated with crime. That's the whole point of giving him that sprite.

>Yet he's too old to support to 10 years theory since he's not a preescolar.
Sure, he may not be four, but if it twenty years passed between the games then he would have been a teen. Your argument also doesn't check out.

>these are nothing but filler for the facility, no new designs, no canon return.
If you are seriously arguing that the PWT, a facility that has been mentioned everywhere in the games, whose occupants have also been mentioned elsewhere in the games, are not canon, then there's nothing left to discuss. By the way, Sabrina, who did get appear outside the PWT in BW2, kept her HGSS look.
>>
>>33800287
And then the characters from the original SM timeline enter the USUM timeline.
>>
>>33800150
>Oh also that shit you just did it's called "argumentum ad populum", which is a cheaped and fallacious argument. Pretty sad if you ask me.

It wasn't intended as an argument.

But also, you're saying I'm in denial about Japan making characters look younger OR older, and yet the crux or your argument was that they would NEVER make the kid look older. What? It's also a lot more common for people to wear shirts with the year they were born on them than the year they turned 10. I'm not aware of any information that says conclusively what the reasoning behind the shirt design is.

Good point about Porygon though, I forgot about that. Thanks for making up a response to your own post and then replying to your made up response though. Had I been of a different mind, you would have saved me a lot of time.
>>
File: Timeline.jpg (608 KB, 4678x928)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
Everyone in this thread is wrong. I'm right, listen to me. This friendly infographic will explain everything. As a clarification, the general plot of games not in another timeline happened in that timeline as well, we just haven't (and for most, never will) seen the games they would be. Also, every pair/trio of games, (and every copy of each individual game for that matter), is an alternate universe to each other as well, but they're all basically interchangeable.
>>
>>33798590
>Dimensions are different from universes
Stahp
>>
>>33802370
>this reading comprehension
It's a typo.
*if SM Anabel is the one from Emerald...

>they used that sprite because...
See "whatever you think about his exact age and lack of hair is pretty pointless" again

>Sure, he may not be four
>may
Ok anon

>but if it twenty years passed between the games then he would have been a teen.
I don't think you understand how time and logic works. If there are 10 years between HGSS/DPPt and BW (20 between Kanto and Alola) then the kid might be (based on chronology only) about 10 years old or younger, but if there are 10 years between Kanto and Alola the kid can't be older than 5 years old, he would be about 5, or 4 or even older, and he's clearly older than that. 20 years between Kanto and Alola would makes sense, 10 years doesn't.

>regions having a canon battle facility means the fanservice trainers with recicled designs and no performance outside the facility you see there are canon
Anon...

>By the way, Sabrina, who did get appear outside the PWT in BW2, kept her HGSS look.
Thanks for supporting my argument. Even Sabrina got her old look, there's no reason to believe they would update other leaders or champions' designs if Red was 10 years older than HGSS-Red because they just used the designs for the older games. Good job, anon.
>>
File: Red age.png (1.08 MB, 1099x414)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>33802444
>It wasn't intended as an argument.
I don't think that makes it better.

>What?
Except Red, Green, Lusamine (and you know... a lot japanese media character) are DESIGNED to be like we see because those designs are more appealing, the kid isn't getting his own unique sprite and design, but using a common design that already exist for kids. Why would they use that sprite for a 4 years old instead the sprite they already use for 4 years old kid the rest of the game? What makes him different? It's almost like he was just older than that and there's a bigger gap between Johto and Unova, huh?

>the year they turned 10
Ashnime isn't canon you dumbfuck. Videogames' protagonist aren't 10 and no one get a pokemon at that age, you get one when someone gives you one, you might be 11 (like Red) or older than Emma (who is 16) like the XY protagonist and have no pokemon.

>inb4 not true anime would never lie!
Left is british Red/Blue game manual. Right is japanese Red/Green manual. Red started his journey at his 11, just like SM protagonist.
>>
File: ebe6732f14.jpg (407 KB, 1167x714)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>33798245
I'm not the only one that sees it, right?
>>
>>33802852
Not anymore. lol
>>
>>33798319
i know it's petty
>>
>>33802775
If you make a typo, at least make an edit post after it, because it changes your entire argument. Also, we don't know if the current universe has it's own Anabel or not, and it's pretty clear this one is from Emerald.

You're the one who started judging ages based off of sprites in the first place.

And taking into account that 20 years passed between Kanto to Alola as you say, kid would be 13, not 10 or younger.

That doesn't support your argument. You argued characters wouldn't change designs even if they were older, but SM Red and Green had drastic design changes to reflect their new adult self. A good explanation for a lack of an update would be that they didn't age by much, since little time passed.

I don't think exactly ten years passed by either, 11 or 12 is a better bet, but 20 is a pretty large gap.
>>
>>33799137
Nah it was just straight up coverage of the event as it happened.
>>
>>33798590
I think of a box containing a plane of existence multiverse
Ultra space is apart of the Ultra universe in another box or a ultra dimension
>>
>>33799184
Zinnia proves that XY can occur even in the timeline of both universes. "Where mega evolution is unknown "
However in xy mega evolution was newly discovered. Lucario is the first.
>>
bump
>>
Well, a character from Emerald's universe fell into SunMoon's universe, which confirms Ultra space is the space that exists between the separate universes.
>>
>>33803834
XY having "newly discovered mega evolution" is like GSC having "newly discovered eggs".
>>
I never thought of there being a Universe with megas and ones with non-megas. I always thought of "megas" being like a "newly discovered" Pokemon or a "Unheard of type" (Steel, Dark, and Fairy)

I mean, I could be wrong but the only reason people started to believe the "multi-verse" theory or whatever is becuase of Zinnia right? Are we really to believe some lady who clearly isn't sane?

I mean, is it wrong for me to think that XY kinda "retconned" previous games in their own way and you could just say "Megas have always been there" I mean you could say the same with Steel and Dark types in Gen 1.

>inb4 leddit spacing
>>
>>33805881
There are definitely multiple universes. Zinnia started the trend with her Draconic lore of multiple Hoenns, but SM cemented it with Anabel coming from Emerald.

I don't disagree with you, though. To me, RSE and ORAS are separate universes with different events but both are followed by XY in the timeline, just one has widespread megas while the other doesn't.
>>
>>33805949
Yea, that makes sense I guess. I'm not totally opposed to there being alternate universes in Pokemon, hell IIRC Ash went to the mirror world in one episode of XY. At the time of writing that I also forgot about the alternate world at postgame SM.
>>
God, I hope USUM properly capitalizes on some of this shit.
>>
>>33798329
canon events vs not third version shenanigans don't count.
>>
>>33798549
oh wow, of course it's gen4, the point where literally everything went wrong and pokemon finished jumping the shark gen 3 set it on the path of.
>>
>>33798879
Red is definitely not 30 at battle tree. it's 10 years.
>>
>>33798338
That’s literally the whole point of xy
>>
File: 1507509847270.png (34 KB, 996x415)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>33798245
>>
>>33805781
Or Jasmine discovering Steel type.
Or Bite shifting from Normal to Dark.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.