[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1487988373248.png (378 KB, 893x1200)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
It's been a while, but since the announcement of USUM has happened, I've been thinking about you /vp/.
I've been thinking about how pitiful this safespace of a board is with it's contrarian-like mindset. So let's get this started, shall we?

Gen 5, the gen that single handedly almost killed the franchise and had a lot of the games core fans thinking of abandoning this sinking ship of a series due to the clear decline in quality.

Let's take a look at the long list of objective facts that this gen did wrong.

>Absolute dog shit dex filled to the brim with deviant art tier juvenile designs
When you have one of the largest new dexes and I can't even put together a team of 6 (six) pokemon that I like, then you know there's a massive problem.
This dex was made up of abominations, and I'm not even talking about the big offenders like garbodor and vanilluxe, I'm talking literally almost everything. There's maybe 4-5 good lines in this joke of a dex which is just laughable.

>Bland and forgettable region
>Trash team with a ridiculously bad looking uniform and an equally ridiculously bad reason for existing
>Toddler tier story
>Non existent difficulty (always makes me kek when the underage majority of this board says they had trouble with these games literally because these were the first games you millenial fuccbois grew up with)

Positives about Gen V -
Some great music
The very few pokemon from this gen I do like are pure kino.

And that's all.

It brings a smile to my face whenever I come here and see the sperging out and tears about how gamefreak doesn't give the slightest shit about you or your shitty gen considering they're doing their absolute best to distance the new games from them which is without a doubt the correct move.
Everywhere other than here (and I really do mean EVERYWHERE) rates gen 5 as the absolute bottom of the barrel worst games in the series. They scored shit, they sold shit, they are shit.

USUM can't come soon enough. Feels good to enjoy games :)
>>
missed ya babe
>>
File: 1383836646133.png (146 KB, 182x339)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
While OP is obviously baiting, is there anyone who actually thinks Gen 5 is worse than Gen 6? It had almost everything people hated about Gen 5 except even worse
>>
File: q2x503g.png (107 KB, 893x1200)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>Unlike the original picture that was about gliches and bugs , OP couldn't even find enough to fill his infograph so he has to put all his subjective opinions like "this character has an ugly desing"

LMAOing at you
>>
Can we just get a plain old "The problem with Pokemon" as a whole so we all can shut up about this?
>>
>>34163536
No joke, I actually miss weather wars.
>>
>>34163587
only newfags will argue that gens6&6.5(Alola) are better than the games before it.

Anyone who's been in pokemon since gens1,2, shit even 3 can tell you gen 5 although it wasn't the best to everyone's liking it did have more content than any game to date.
>>
>>34163536
>Rosa
>Worst looking protag
Whoever made that has shit taste
>>
>>34163587
Yes, r/pokemon is full of those guys.
>>
>>34163536
Unfortunatley it WAS a bit forgetful. And it wasn't really difficult too. Gen 5 is still better than Gen 6 tho, just not a bit better than Gen 7
>>
>>34163536
Someone post the rest of these
>>
>>34163536
How did Gen V almost kill the franchise? Black and White sold better than Ruby and Sapphire, and B2W2 sold better than every other third version that came before, besides maybe Yellow.
>>
>>34163611
>Laughing My Ass Offing at you
>>
>>34163536
gen 5 was when they started removing good features from previous games instead of building upon them

HGSS were the best games in the series
in fact, if we could have HGSS with Gen V's battle system, backsprites that aren't fugly and 60fps they'd be absolutely insurmountable games.
>>
File: 1510677627963.png (74 KB, 786x882)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>34163685
Well anon....
>>
File: 1505522496817.png (397 KB, 893x2947)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>>34163611
>that image
You are like little baby, watch this
>>
>>34163611
Don't forget the minor text or graphical bugs that aren't encountered often and have no impact on actual gameplay.
>>
>>34163536
>Rosa has a bad design
sheeeeeittt you almost made me point you to some fucking hentai OP

here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwhnt4ytE3k
>>
Fuck bw. Competitive started to go to shit with this gen
>>
This is mostly just opinions and differences in taste. Personally i didnt like gen 5, because most of the way okemon felt like lazy rehashes of old gen 1and 2 mons. I also think its stupid that people say gen 5 is good because it “forces you to use new mons”, but then BW2 comes along and everyone praises it for the wider selection of pokemon. The PWT was meh, it didnt really interest me the way the battle frontier did. Thats just my opinion though, and i can see why people might think differently.
In short op is retarded
>>
>>34163730
As if the older gens are any better than that..
>>
>>34163716
>RS sold that much despite being on a system with almost half the install base as the DS
surprising desu
>>
>>34163716
This table is garbage, why does gen 3 get ORAS?
>>
File: pkmsalt.png (206 KB, 672x372)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>34163536
Dude where the fuck do you get that they almost killed the series?
fucking newfags I swear, if your first games were before XY please don't fucking post here
>>
File: 1482087372773.jpg (11 KB, 249x249)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>retarded newfags are replying to this pasta
>>
>>34163536
you know your thread is shit when everyone here is calling OP retarded. Poor bastard won't even dare to come out and defend himself lol
REKKKKKKKKKT
>>
>>34163809
>op trying to pose as someone else
give it up youre retarded
>>
File: 1510425013697.jpg (232 KB, 1280x1280)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>34163536
>Rare and specific glitch
>Even Rarer and more specific glitch that has barely any effect on gameplay whatsoever
>Legit complain
>Literally a selling point
>Arguable
>Minor graphic glitch in a really specific sbeario
>While specific, understandable complaint
>>This make BW a bad game
>>Look guys I'm a critic XD
>Fair point
>>This makes BW a bad game
>This ruins the game somehow
>Another really specific glitch that doesn't actually affect normal gameplay
>Literally just a graphic glitch
>Ok I give you that
>>This makes BW a bad game
>Doesn't affect gameplay at all
>Your rivals are mini bosses that figth you
and this is a problem
>Unova is so big that only half of it is needed to make a good campaign, and the rest works as a better postgame than Kanto in GSC. This somehow is a bad thing
>We got sequels rather than a half assed remake a year later FUCKING SERIOUSLY
>Legit complaint
>This guy is really fucking retarded
>No they don't you blind fuck
>The climax of BW2 occurs almost as a secret to most characters, since Neo Team Plasma have been more reserved and hide themselves better
>>You can't get this key item this game sucks
>Not true (I mean, now it is...)
>ANOTHER FUCKING MINUSCULE AND SPECIFIC GRAPHIC GLITCH WTF
>>They made local trades and battles more accesible but muh Pokewatch because having the entire bottom screen tell you the hour is more useful
>Yes
>Yes
>Arguable but yes
>t. Never actually played competitive
>>
>>34163779
Even if you correct the chart, it still doesn't change the fact that Gen V is the lowest lowest point in the series, sales-wise.
>>
>>34163716
I was talking about the gross. Black and White also received perfect scores from Famitsu (when admittedly it didn't deserve them). So it's not like they sold "shit" and it's not like they scored "shit", and they came nowhere close to "killing" one of the biggest media franchises in the world, if not the biggest.
>>
>>34163536
So some I never heard about (The 1809 speed thing for instance), but some are literally just subjective. (I agree Nate has a shit design, but Rosa is fantastic.)
>>
>>34163536
B-But you're not allowed to criticize gen 5 on /vp/
>>
>>34163536
RENT-FREE
E
N
T
-
F
R
E
E
>>34163656
Go drown yerself ya commie rat
>>
>>34163536
>>Toddler tier story
>>Non existent difficulty (always makes me kek when the underage majority of this board says they had trouble with these games literally because these were the first games you millenial fuccbois grew up with)
How are these a BW specific issues again?
>>
>>34164250
Donut girl is legal! Legal!!
also if you have the full image of that could you post it
>>
>>34163536
What a terrible image.
The original gen 1 image is about bugs and mostly states facts while this retarded recreation is mostly just OPs terrible opinions.
>>
>>34163726
Everyone knows that worst Protag design is Krys, Lyra or Hilda.
>>
File: 1510123536639.jpg (51 KB, 199x231)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>34163587
I like every gen except gen 6.
>>
>>34163587
>>34163645
>delusional gen 5 autists at it again
Literally the worst gen in the series, and almost ruined pokemon. Thank fuck for gen 6 and 7 saving this series. If you autists were in charge of Pokemon you'd run it into the ground so fast if you unironically believe 5 is the best. This is at everyone in this thread that believe gen 5 is good
>>
>>34165053
>he thinks gen 6 is better than 5

Jesus christ
>>
>>34165053
>If you autists were in charge of Pokemon you'd run it into the ground so fast if you unironically believe 5 is the best.

You do realize you can take the more financially sound approach of XY and SM, but ALSO include the features that people liked from BW and B2W2, right?
>>
File: 1509931522491.gif (208 KB, 323x221)
208 KB
208 KB GIF
>>34163536
>>
You are not allowed to say bad things about gen v here

/vp/ should be renamed to BW/BW2 general
>>
>Only uses subjective stuff to prove his points unlike the original image

LOL
>>
File: you.jpg (34 KB, 403x394)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>34163587
>somebody has an opinion I disagree with
>it must be bait
Fuck you! Gens 4 and 5 are absolute garbage. Take off your nostalgia goggles and look at them objectively.
>>
>>34165053
youre a fucking idiot, look they're basically saying anything gen5 and before beats gens 6 and 7 content-wise not that gen5 is the best
see
>only newfags will argue that gens6&6.5(Alola) are better than the games before it.
where did anon say gen5? I'd argue fucking gens3&4 destroy gen6&7 content-wise and relative to the times the games were released
>>
>>34163784
I think it's the other way around anon
>>
Gen 5 got rid of the battle frontier. Fuck it.
>>
>>34163536
>non-existent difficulty

>was the first Pokemon game to have an Easy, Normal and Hard mode

I actually liked Gen 5. There wasn't a point in time where I hated it. Not for the sake of being contrarian either, I unironically enjoyed Gen 5.
>>
File: 1488404900632.jpg (73 KB, 411x460)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>34165309
>Take off your nostalgia goggles and look at them objectively.
how can you look at a piece of media objectivly?
>>
>>34165412
Look at what new features were brought in, look at what old features were removed, compare postgame and side content
>>
>>34163611
agreed
>>
>>34165309
>image is named you

are you implying that's me, and you're the autistic screecher?

because you wouldn't be wrong there
>>
>>34165424
That's not objective because there is no objective measure of what qualifies as a single "feature", or what each individual feature is worth.
>>
>>34163625
>Sequels were made in an attempt to make up for Black and White's poor sales instead of making a Gray version to fix its flaws
Dude fuck off.
Are you seriously telling game freak to make more third version bullshit instead of sequels?
10/10 bait I'm mad.
>>
>>34165450
Sure there is.
>triple battles
>rotation battles
Two features.
>>
>>34165446
Considering you're lacking evidence, logic, and reason, that's a faulty conclusion to be making.
>>
File: 1483571664928.jpg (54 KB, 540x960)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>34165463
>triple battles
well personally i didnt like triple battles so that feature was pretty useless for me also they never showed up in the main story.
>>
>>34165424
what about new Pokemon and meta changes?
>>
>>34165511
That's another thing to bring up. BW introduce two new battle systems with each one being more prevalent in one of the two games.

>>34165513
>156 new Pokemon
>~~~ obtainable Pokemon
>~~~ unobtainable Pokemon
That's how you evaluate a game objectively. As for meta changes, you can catalogue them all, but it's not very important for judging them as games.
>>
>>34165461
The funny thing is there's not much different between GF's idea of "sequel" and "third versions", but at least B2W2 had a ton of new content.
>>
Gen 5 and 7 are absolute trash, only vp fags like them
>>
>>34165053
Gen 6 unironically did boost sales and did save the series, lile gen 4 did after gen 3's underperformance.
Gens 4 and 6 both outsold gen 5.
Gens 2 and 4 both outsold gen 3.
No time for meme opinions from anons when the facts are here.
>>
>>34163536
>and I'm not even talking about the big offenders like garbodor and vanilluxe
Back to facebook with that basic bitch normie meme
>>
>>34165764
>did save the series
wrong, the series didn’t need saving after gen 3. Gen 3 firmly established that it will sell regardless.
>>
>>34163536
>Gen 5

>almost killed the franchise

stopped reading there.
>>
>>34165764
This. Personally Gen 5 is my favorite but I can see why Gen 4 and 6 are popular outside of the actual games.
>>
>You couldn't catch any of the pokemon from the previous generations until post-game
This is bad? Much better than other games shoving kanto pokemon/lucario in your face all the time.
>>
>>34165764
>when the facts are here
no evidence, numbers or sources to support his/her statement.
I guess, you have the facts then...

see here anon>>34163716
>>
>>34165854
Limited selection is bad, yes.
While all new, the regional dex was smaller than gens 2-4.
Not everyone is an autist that obsesses only wanting to use new Pokemon in a new game.
More options are always a good thing.
Apologize harder for your weak game.
>>
>>34163716
If only Z came out.
XY was such a blessing in sales.
Poor BW.
XY and Pokemon Go were the 1-2 punch needed to save Gamefreak.
>>
Can someone tell me why the mods literally refuse to enforce the genwar rule? Why even have the rule if they just pretend it doesn't fucking exist?
>>
>>34163716
>24.16 million
>Almost killed the franchise

You people are retarded.
>>
>>34163730
Competitive has always been shit. Starting with Gen. 1. Mewtwo.
>>
>>34163820
Kek.
>>
>>34165886
I used to think the same

Then I played SM
>>
File: op hunger force.png (130 KB, 536x593)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>34163536
>all those subjective nitpicks
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
>>
>>34163536
Dumb fag
>>
These threads would be so much more enjoyable if the underage newfags here knew how to argue for their opinions instead of stating them outright like faggot Greeks saying "This is a cup but there's a smaller cup hidden within it".

https://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Well-in-a-Debate
>>
>>34163536
You're a fucking faggot and you should leave /vp/ forever.
>>
>>34163611
>>34163717
>Now the special stat doesn't look too bad now, doesn't it
fucking lost it, 10/10 update. Though it should have Snorlax, the amnesiac fuck.
>>
>>34163536

Not being able to catch old pokemon until postgame was a positive point. Not pandering to nostalgiafags is the best thing about BW.

The story held back no gameplay.

N is by no means a donut steel. Being a character doesn't make them donut steel.

>not catching the box legendary

There is nothing wrong with animated sprites.

>le gen 5 ripoffmon meme

Weather wars was objectively the best meme meta.

Everything else are fair points.
>>
>>34163611
Everything after this and the ORAS image are retarded nitpicking
>>
File: 1381460231827.jpg (49 KB, 364x285)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>34165309
I am. And you know what I see?
>It's the first gen since Gold/Silver where they all sat down and said "Hey, instead of making a game that's exactly like the last games but with the prerequisite number of new creatures and some cursory features to let the player know we're running on new hardware, what if we actually fucking TRIED?"
>"What if the battle scenes were lively and animated, instead of static images on a static background?"
>"What if we expanded the real-time feature, and also actually made it matter to the gameplay, instead of thrown in there just so Eevee can evolve like in the last two gens?"
>"What if we had a pokemon game with some actual semblance of STORY?"
>"What if we fostered a legitimate online community?"
>"What if we ditched some of the obtuse bullshit like disposable TMs and HMs necessary for advancement, and made previously opaque parts of the game slightly more apparent to the player (IVs)?"
>"And what if the player could go through every cave up until the Elite 4 without running into a single Zubat or Geodude?"
>Black and White felt absolutely refreshing in the best ways.

>Ruby and Sapphire felt like blatant, half-assed cash-ins, and Diamond and Pearl just felt like Ruby2 and Sapphire2. (Static battle scenes in fucking 2006? What the fuck, man)
>Black and White felt legitimately fresh and new and exciting. They were great.
>>
Gen I version of this infographic was good because it was pointing out programming bugs and glitches, but for the other gens they're mainly just subjective opinions
>>
>>34163536
I don't agree with some of those points, but Gen 5 is definitely the generation I enjoyed the least.
>>
>>34165197
I like that.
>>
File: 1509194800155.jpg (99 KB, 700x695)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>34163536
This is a hit piece on an imaginary person, OP. It's just that delusional.
>>
>>34163645
US/UM are better then X/Y

Come at me.
>>
>>34165424
This is no metric for Pokemon games, GF has been removing and adding features since gen 2
>>
File: jL2F7cJ.jpg (47 KB, 336x561)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>34163587
It's kind of a wash for me

Gen 5 probably had the most compelling pokemon story to date, but that's not saying much when it comes to pokemon. Gen 6 had a pretty forgettable story, but it's supposed to be about the journey of traveling a land and growing as a person, which I think it adequately accomplishes.

Design wise, Gen 5 is easily the most mixed bag IMO. There are plenty of great designs, but they're also the ones that have the most that don't feel like pokemon if that makes sense. Gen 6 I think clearly wins the design comparison. Less mons, but nearly all of them are slam dunks IMO. Also only having 6 legendaries vs 13 is a bonus for me.

Map wise, both regions are giant ass circles, but I think Kalos pound for pound is probably the most beautiful region in the series design wise. Unova has a lot of great ideas and towns in it, like Nacrene City and Opelucid City, but it's also got a lot of bland cities IMO, like Driftveil. Every city in Kalos has at least one memorable landmarks I enjoy spending time around.

Difficulty wise, Gen 5 wins, but it also dumbed down the franchise a lot. 4 Mons and no fight against the Champion until the post game. B2W2 are great, but also need the context of the first games. Cheren and Hugh are far better rivals than Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, and the other MC. Diantha and Iris are kinda on the same level for me. Alder is one of the best characters as a Champion, but he's also probably the easiest champion. the E4 are also kind of even. Drasna, Malva, and Siebold are awesome, but so are Shauntal, Marshall, and Grimsley. I think Unova has more memorable gym leaders, if only by virtue of having so many.

I think I liked gen 6 better because I loved Mega Evolutions, Fairy Types, character customization, and the new pokemon more than I liked the Unova pokemon and White Tree/PWT. I also kind of dock Gen 5 points because B/W are kind of boring post game, and B2/W2 have just about all the stuff that makes Gen 5 worthwhile.
>>
>>34163536
>>
>>34165053
7 is ruining the series. Not killing it but ruining it.
>>
>>34169865
>Map wise, both regions are giant ass circles, but I think Kalos pound for pound is probably the most beautiful region in the series design wise.

I'm sorry but how could anyone think this? It's incoherent as a region, doesn't feel like France, the textures are hard to look at, etc.
>>
>>34170658
7 has improved upon 6 in every way except replacing the PSS with festival plaza, but they change the online thing every generation.
>>
Does someone has the problem with gen 3?
>>
>>34170765
Not that anon but it ranges from looking bland at times to pretty good in others. But that doesn't excuse the problems inside said region
>>
>>34166831
Oh I'd love to see the ORAS one, does anyone have it, by chance?
>>
File: 9nswyKU.png (228 KB, 893x1200)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>34171492
>>
>>34171545
Oh fuck how did I know Frontier meme would be first bullet point before I even opened the infographic
>>
>>34163730
You misspelled X&Y
>>
>>34163536
Good post OP. Keep up the fight against those Un*vabortions!
>>
>>34171608
It's the most talked about, although I personally think half of it isn't really objective, but half is.
>>
>>34171608
The Frontier isn't a meme. It's a beloved feature that hasn't been around for nearly a decade, and people are (rightfully) disappointed when a new game comes out (particularly if it's a third "complete" version) and inevitably there's no Frontier or Frontier equivalent.
>>
>>34163536
>Let's take a look at the long list of objective facts that this gen did wrong.
>proceeds to state opinionated things for every single "fact"
>>
>>34171668
The lists should just be for gameplay problems and bugs.
>>
This board was a mistake
>>
>>34170765
For me, it was moments like seeing the coast of Cyllage, the Tower of Mastery in Shalour, walking through the different levels of Couramine, the comfyness of Laverre, the stone in Anistair, or the windmill in Dendemille, or the quiet of Snowbelle. Each and every city to me was aesthetically dynamic and immersive. Of course that's not gonna be everyone's experience, but it was the most immersed in a region I'd been since playing Gen 1 and 2 as a kid.
>>
>>34165053
Awwwww, it's retarded~!
>>
>>34171735
Yeah, definitely not my experience. I found the cities more forgettable than fucking Sinnoh cities.
>>
>>34163881
>>34165924

are we even looking at the same fucking chart?

Fifth generation = 24.16
Sixth generation = 16.20
Seventh generation = 15.91

In what universe did the fifth generation sell less than any other?
>>
>>34171946
Pairs sold less than other gens.
With Z, XY was sure to outsell.
Compare XY to BW.
With USUM gen 5 will get BTFO AGAIN.
>>
File: 8598998365.jpg (361 KB, 890x960)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>OP gets so BTFO on /vp/ that he has to go to /v/ to bait
>/v/ doesn't fall for it for once and calls him out on his shit
I miss gen 5 era of /vp/
>>
>>34171959

>With Z, XY was sure to outsell.

do you mean the hypothetical situation that never happened?

again.

Fifth generation = 24.16
Sixth generation = 16.20
Seventh generation = 15.91
>>
>>34171660
modern pokemon is way too casual they would just fuck it up. emerald frontier is still one of the biggest challenges in the franchise to date, better people just go for it instead
>>
>>34171959

how come X/Y selling more than B/W matters but the fifth generation selling more than the sixth or the seventh doesn't? do you only directly compare when it benefits you? because in that case:

>B/W2 sold more than Crystal
>B/W2 sold more than Diamond
>B/W2 sold more than Platinum
>>
>>34171660
>It's a beloved feature
Opinion. I actually hated it and didn't think it was any fun.
>>
>>34171977
Your problem is tha you dont count ORAS n gen 6 even though its obviousy in gen 6 and makes gen 6 over 30 million copis sold
>>
>>34171998
Not that anon but gen 7 selling that much in less than a year is quite something. If there was a remake this gen, it would be the highest since 4 easily
>>
>>34171946
Quick question, is gen 6 including ORAS?
>>
>>34171998
Because Gen 6 only has 2 games vs Gen 5's 4.
Throw in ORAS for a fair comparison if you'd like.
>>
>>34172039
He didnt include it
XY 16.20
ORAS 13.85
That makes 6 gen 30.05 million copies sold
>>
>>34172053
Unovabortions just can't win.
Ever.
>>
>>34165764
>save the series
pokemon is a series that has never needed to be saved in terms of sales, the games are made on small budgets and time constraints and sell stupid amounts in addition to being the most heavily marketed franchise to ever come out of video games
>>
>>34171959
>With Z, XY was sure to outsell.
Alright, I'll play along.
Let's assume for a second that X and Y were bought in equal quantities. Each got 8.1
In order for X and Y to surpass gen 5, Z would have had to sell the same number as the first version.
Now, here's a quick wrench. Third versions have three markets. There are "I bought both/all three", there are "I held out" and there are "So, Platinum is BETTER than Pearl?" guys. The Hold Out crowd doesn't get added here, because they all bought X and Y when they learned Z wasn't happening. What's more, the "all 3" crowd means that every 1 sale of both X and Y doesn't translate to 2 Z sales.
So what we need is 1 sale for every two sales of X and Y under these conditions. We need 50% of the sales of X and Y to reach our goal.

So here's the problem. No third version has EVER broken the 50% limit, except, wait for it, generation 5. Why this is, I cannot say, though I have a hunch that BW2 continuing the narrative played a part. And remember, X and Y's sales are likely marginally higher than they would have been if Z did release, because some Z hold-outs bought X and Y.

Following the pattern, with all of the information at our disposal, it is unlikely that Z would have made gen 6 surpass gen 5, unless Z came in a solid gold box for the same low price of 40 dollaridoos.
>>
>>34172053
So let me get this straight. Gen 6 is getting an extra crutch of sales from remakes that gen 5 didn't have?
>>
>>34163536
The amount of whinning and reaching in this is amazing, it looks like a 13 years old made it.
>>
someone post the second gen one
>>
>>34163645

This. I didn't like B/W and saw a lot of my Pokémon playing friends drop off at that point, but BW2 got me back. I remember thinking it was unusual that a Pokémon game would come out that I didn't like, but then I remembered I wasn't a big fan of Gen 3 and decided it was some kind of 'every other gen' rule and looked forward to Gen 6. When X/Y arrived I made excuses that it was the first 3D game so they needed to adjust.

Then there was ORAS which I didn't like but decided it was because I didn't like Gen 3 and looked forward to Gen 8.

Then there was S/M which I couldn't even finish, but remembered BW2 and looked forward to USUM.

Now here I am with a steelbook preorder for Ultra Sun knowing I'm going to be disappointed again. Look to the future and what do you see? Ohmori and Masuda telling us not to get our hopes up for Pokémon Switch because it's a difficult transition for them. I appreciate their honesty but when IS a good Pokémon game going to come out? I still love the franchise, I even love the core gameplay, but it's not delivering. I never thought I'd miss X/Y, but will I be saying I miss S/M in 2019?
>>
>>34163536
this reads like someone born after 2000 wrote it
kill yourself underage trash
>>
File: usum shill bingo.jpg (121 KB, 580x580)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>34163536
>>
>>34163536
Notice how this one is a LOT shorter than the other generations.
>>
>>34163536
>mfw Gen five is my fav
>It finaly gave me a fire type I like to use - Darmanitan
>Gave me GarBROdor that finished polution quatro
>Gave us N who was best written character in series
>Gave us HUGE postgames in both games
>gave us living changing world with seasons, grottos, shaking grass, and pokemon hidding in weird spots
>>
>>34173307
>Expectations are too high, entitled,
Those are not reasonable responses, those are the responses to legitimate criticism from GF sycophants.
>>
File: 239905423.jpg (148 KB, 892x878)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>
>>34163683
You're not fuckin wrong pal
>>
>>34163536
Bad thread
>>
>>34163536
>Millenial fuccbois

You realize everyone who wasn't already an adult when pokemon first came out is a Millenial right?
>>
>>34163656
She is the worst looking protagonist unless you are into sailor moon
>>
>>34164613
Kris and Lyra are bad but rosa os worse
>>
>>34166525
This. They don't know what they are talking about
>>
>>34168232
What feature was removed in gen 2?
>>
>>34163587
If Gen 5 still had its online features available then perhaps revisiting it might change my opinion on the games. As it is, it's barely worth putting effort into anything pre-gen6. Play them for story, then abandon and bring your mons over if you can be bothered sitting through the shit transfer minigames.
>>
>never buy ds
>play emulator later on phone
>just the romhacks with all pokes + cheating favorite pokes from 3 gen
>play, have fun
>3ds
>never buy it because it's too fucking expensive
>emulator fucking never until like now
>new gens
>lel 3d pig disgusting
>mega evolutions like it's fucking digimon
>new ugly pokes as usual
>lel 90s kids aren't playing these anymore just fucking autists and memelenials

Whatever. I've been playing super mystery dungeon with citra but I don't think I care enough to play the new gens.
>>
>>34174281
Nice blog?
>>
>>34174281
everything after emerald is shit, you didn't miss anything
>>
>>34171977
Gen 7 just with sm will easily outsell xy taking account their lifespan
>>
>>34174281
This. Everything after Gen V is shite
>>
>>34172147
Like an extra crutch that was BW's sequels that XY didn't have.
>>
>>34164629
i like every gen except 7. it really is a disaster, both sm and usum. sigh...
>>
>>34176516
>sigh..
>>
>>34163536
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0doSWS0Fj24

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.