[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1491468567156.jpg (7 KB, 250x228)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
When will Pokemon games start to get ACTUAL mediocre/negative critic scores? It seems like no matter what Game Freak does, good or bad, the reviews are always the same: "It's pokemon dude! xD"
>>
the only games that deserved bad scores were SM and ORAS. USUM and XY were good and deserved good scores.
>>
Probably when they start making games that are actually bad.
>>
>>34170509
USUM is the same game except with a worse last 5% of the story and a fanfiction boss rush added to postgame.
If you don't like SM then you don't like USUM.
>>
>>34170485

As long as Pokemon continues to be structurally solid, it'll continue getting positive scores

A game has to be actually bad, as in, glitchy or broken, to get a bad scores.

As it stands, Game Freak has yet to put out anything that's actually worthy of anything less than a 7 out of 10.
>>
SM was better than XY

No game with those fucking Chibis deserved good scores
>>
>>34170534
Not true. I didnt enjoy SM, i very much enjoyed USUM.
>>
>>34170582
Then you would have enjoyed SM just as much if you played it this month and you were simply not in the mood, or something, last time.

Seriously, it's the same game.
>>
>>34170548
>New games have sigificant performance drop in anything showing more than 4 models at the same time
>Overall slower performance (comapare Gen 6 Pc with Gen 7 pc, everything feels much faster)
Sounds bad to me
>>
>>34170485
7.8/10
Too much water

-IGN

LuL
>>
>>34170591
Are you retarded? I told you i didnt like SM, but i liked USUM, whats so hard to understand? Just because you think the games are bad doesnt mean that everyone else secretly does but doesnt want to admit it.
>>
>>34170520
/thread
>>
>>34170610
He isn't saying they are bad. Just that the differences are minimal and thus rating them significantly differently makes no sense.
>>
>>34170610
But someone not liking SM and liking USUM makes absolutely no sense, they are virtually the same game for 95% of the campaign, and then postgame is thin as well.
I think you are either emotionally unstable or retarded to like one but dislike the other.
>>
>>34170534
This.
>>
4/10 and below are below average (bad) games

5/10 is average

6/10 and above are above average (good) games
>>
>>34170626
>>34170633
>wider variety of pokemon
>actual fun minigames
>difficulty bumped up
>new pokemon
>better story
This is why i liked USUM better than SM. Not too hard to wrap your head around.
>>
>>34170633
Also i dont care if my opinion makes sense to you or not, you cant tell me what im allowed to enjoy.
>>
>>34170509
they were both better than gen 5 tho
I don't getit
>>
I mean, it's kinda hard to mess up Pokemon since they're all essentially the same game, just different good and bad stuff in each one

Unless a Pokemon game ends up being EXTREMELY bad, there is never gonna be an actually bad review score. That's just the way it is. Pokemon sure is weird.
>>
>>34170769
True.
>>
>>34170548
>A game has to be actually bad, as in, glitchy or broken, to get a bad scores.

Then reviews are useless period.
>>
>>34170485
because they've never dipped below 'decent' as far as games go
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1024x856)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>34170485
Keep in mind, the people professionally reviewing Pokemon games play a shitload of other games. To their eyes, each game is a small island of fun, since all Pokemon game is at least a 7/10.

What make /vp/ special, is that we play a LOT of Pokemon games. Thus, each game is interconnected by their previous generation. For example, FRLG is fun, but it is quite bad compared to RSE.

Unironically, if you want a more fair review of Pokemon games, Youtubers are better at it. They know what criticism to look for in Pokemon games. All IGN can see whats bad in ORAS is 'Too much water'.
>>
>>34170788
This, the core gameplay is really simple and hard to fuck up as a result. The fluff like postgame shit doesn't factor into these scores because these games are directed at children and children don't give a shit about the postgame, they give a shit about doing cool things with their favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>34170534
I'd say USUM were better than SM overall. But yeah it's similar enough that most who didn't like SM won't likely like USUM
>>
None of the core games have been objectively bad aside from the ones with legitimate problems like DP being slow as shit, BW and their absurd encounter rates, etc.

Like >>34171117 says it's impossible for people here not to grade the games against each other, but if you're looking at the game objectively on its own, it's a perfectly good game. Whether it holds up to its predecessors or not is largely irrelevant unless it's a remake.
>>
>>34170872
yes
>>
>>34171158
And remakes will be graded fairly well as a whole as well, since Gamefreak wisely waits long enough that the visual and engine improvements blow the old version out of the water
>>
>>34171117
I think you mean that /vp/ ONLY plays pokemon games
>>
>>34170485
Because of payed shills.
>>
>>34172027
ahahahaha
You're so stupid it physically hurts
>>
>>34170550
This is false. SM replaced literally everything with inferior versions of the same thing or just removed them all together. Enjoy eating shit though.
>>
>>34170548
SM are a 6/10 actually
>>
Because they rate the core game instead of MOOH POST GAYME
>>
Because most reviewers don't have an opinion on Pokémon. They remember R/B and know that there are a lot of dedicated Pokémon fans, so their logic is just:

>Still the same game
>Graphics look better
>Must be an improvement, hardcore fans will love it.

This is exactly what happens.
>>
Every spin off have bad reviews andcshitty sales lmao
>>
>>34170520
It's hilarious to me how this board refuses to accept that anyone could like games that get great reviews and sell like mad.

Nope, has to be the shills. No way.
>>
>>34170520
>>34173139
the thing is, there's beginning to get increasing dissonance. Like, I watched the Gamexplain review for USM and they said the story was worse, it runs badly, the Wormhole wasnt fun and many character moments are removed, and the game is mostly the same, then it got a positive review, and the comments were mostly people who didnt enjoy the last game or are not excited for these, yet in the end it will still review well and sell well.

The fanbase seems to be permanently splitting over the newer games

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.