[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I'm thinking about getting a Pokemon tattoo. My little brother died last year to cancer. He and I used to play Pokemon all the time it was one of the things that was special to us. So I was thinking of getting a tattoo of his and my favorite starter. Have any of you gotten a tattoo of a Pokemon. If so do you regret it?
>Pic related
This is the style I want to get of Charmander not necessarily the same tattoo.
>>
>>34392634
>tattoo
I think you should kill yourself
>>
>>34392636
Thanks I'll probably do that.
>>
Sorry about your brother man, I think you should get that tattoo, and don't listen to these moral faggots who hate tattoos.
>>
>>34392645
Hey thanks anon. I'm still debating I don't have any tattoos. This would be my first and the only reason I'm thinking about it is because of my little brother. Appreciate the kind words.
>>
>>34392634
I have two tattoos, none are pokemon, though. I personally don't like the idea of doing a tattoo of any kind of media, be it a game, a movie, a series, anything. I don't know why, but every time I see one of those I can't help but think they are a little retarded.

But if yours has this kind of backstory, I personally wouldn't mind it too much. Especially if it's a small one. Here, now you have my OPINION, do whatever you want with it.
>>
>>34392634
I'm really sorry about your brother, and you do you man. Personally I would go for an evolution tat (Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard) Or have a Charizard with your name and a Charmander with your brother's name.
>>
>>34392676
That's a good idea. I'll have to figure something out. Thanks anon.
>>
Pro tip: if you go for that sort of watercolor style, don't settle for any ole' tattoo parlor. You have to go top fucking dollar for that, or you'll end up with what looks like a Pokemon-themed skin condition.

There's a reason that simple graphic art and """tribal""" tattoos are so popular: it's hard to fuck up the shading and details when there's no shading or details. Most tattoo artists are failed artists. Don't let a fuckup paint your skin forever.

Or at the very least, give them something simple, that they can handle.
>>
>>34392689
No problem. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the most out of your decision.
>>
>It's
>Another
>Fucking
>Gen I
>Tattoo
>>
>>34392692
I'm definitely going to do my research. I don't want to end up with something I'm going to regret and I also understand the better the artist the more costly it's going to be. If it's going to be a tribute to my little brother I'm going all out. Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>34392703
It was his favorite.
>>
File: 1512592013888.jpg (37 KB, 237x441)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>34392703
>>
>>34392715
tattoos are fucking trashy and aren't how you should immortalize someone
>>
>>34392721
Thanks for your opinion.
>>
>>34392634
Find a good job and make money ,your brother will be proud instead of watching you mutilating your body for a stupid tatoo
>>
>>34392734
I already have a good job and make money.
>>
>>34392746
Good, your brother is already proud
>>
File: 1510029115162.png (65 KB, 500x372)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>34392754
So since he's already making money and has a good job, he's good to go with the tattoo* idea then, huh? Seriously I don't understand what's wrong with getting a tattoo.
>>
>>34392754
Why are you against tattoos? Just curious. I don't have any myself this would be my first one.
>>
>>34392761
It's stupid, just like piercings and risk an infection
It will look bad when you are old
And the worst, it's fucking Pokemon
>>
>>34392798
Well I appreciate your input
>>
>>34392760
>>34392761
if we have to explain to you what is wrong with getting a tattoo, you are beyond help. if you are fine with both looking like white trash and being an embarrassment to both your family and your brother, then go ahead and get the fucking tattoo
>>
>>34392818
>Being this mad over what somebody else does
>>
>>34392825
He should join his brother for even thinking it
>>
>>34392825
yes yes, it was obvious from the start it was more for yourself if a fucking tattoo was the first thing that came to mind
>>
File: 1510368965732.jpg (49 KB, 582x582)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>34392831
>>34392818
Because getting a tattoo is the worst thing any human being can do. It's not like there's anything even worse than doing such, like saying he should join his brother, or telling him he is going to be an embarrassment for doing something to represent something he and his brother both enjoyed. Because, you know, that's totally not as bad as a tattoo.
>>
>>34392866
The truth hurt, isn't?
>>
>>34392897
Jesus that sentence is a mess.
>>
>>34392897
Oh god what is this english
>>
>>34392634
Sorry about your loss, anon. I would suggest getting a small tattoo in a simple design. Can't go wrong that way.
>>
Anon don't listen to these other faggots. Do what you want. If this is something you feel would honor your brother than do it.
>>
>>34392818
>getting a tattoo instantly turns you into an embarrassment to your entire family
>>
>>34392917
Yeah, I was leaning more towards this.
>>
>>34392866
I want Marie to sit on my face
>>
>>34392945
Who doesn't?
>>
>>34392902
>>34392909
Whoops, I fucked up
Anyways you catch my drift
>>
File: marie pistol.png (178 KB, 459x591)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>34392945
this
>>34392866
you have no right to post Marie if you are going to post something this retarded
>>
>>34392951
Callie
>>
File: gengar tattoo.jpg (83 KB, 640x640)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>34392634
I've only gotten one tattoo so far, but I basically decided on it and waited two years before actually getting it to make sure I was certain of what I wanted, which is basically the same advice I give to everyone, wait a year or more on the same idea, if you still wanted then go for it, just be smart about what you get and where.
The idea of getting a pokemon tattoo is somewhat appealing to me, I'd want to get my favorite pokemon Gengar since he does have sentimental value to me, but he doesnt translate very well into tattoo form, I've only really seen pic related as the best Gengar tattoo so far.
>>
>>34392953
>you have no right to post Marie if you are going to post something this retarded
You must be mentally Ill if you think he said was retarded.
>>
File: 1459369811979.png (576 KB, 900x800)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
>>34392953
I assume they don't know any better. She just makes for such good reaction images.
>>
>>34392973
Your parents know it?
Be honest, what do they think about it?
>>
>>34392989
at least I'm not retarded enough to even consider getting a tattoo to "honor" a dead relative. just commission art of their trainer with a charmander if you really wanted to honor them
>>
>>34392929
Looks nice! You do you anon.
>>
File: 1b4.jpg (438 KB, 1000x1885)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Tattoos can be cool
>>
>>34393002
My parents know about my current tattoo? Yeah.
It was actually a birthday present, both my parents really like it.
>>
>>34393007
Why do you hate tattoos so much? Did someone with a tattoo touch you in your special place?
>>
>>34393018
I'm disgusted beyond words
>>
>>34393035
You're a sad person.
>>
Im supporting you OP, go for it, whatever happens.. maybe the tattoo gonna look shitty.. not like you wanted idk.. but in this case it doesnt matter..pick a charmander with a t-shirt on that with your li'l bro's name
>>
>>34392929
That's a nice one, easier to get touched up after a few years too
>>
>>34393057
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I don't want it to come out looking like shit. I was thinking more towards something like >>34392929
It's simple and not easy to fuck up.
>>
>>34392634
My number one tip is to get it from the best tattoo artist you can find, no "my friend can get you a good deal at his cousins place", if you're paying less than $400 then its probably going to look like shit.

A good thing to know is that any good tattoo artist will take a look at what you want and go "Okay, well im going to do it this way instead" and you should take a look at their portfolio to make sure they do the kind of style you want, and the last thing you want is a tattoo artist to say is "I've never done this but i'll do it"
>>
>>34392760
Theres some kind of jew thing that prevents them from getting tattoos. i dont know i saw it in a jew sitcom once.
>>
>>34393102
Yeah i won't go to someone without a portfolio. This will be my first and probably last one. I don't want it turning out to be shit.
>>
>>34393098
Don't half ass a tattoo, small stamp like tattoos are the most white trash thing you could possibly get.
>>
>>34393150
Doesn't matter what I get.Anything is considered white trash according to a few of you.
>>
>>34393159
If it's got meaning to you and you like it, and you're smart about where you get it and from who, that's all that matters.
>>
Personally i'd suggest going all out and getting a full yakuza style sleeve.
It would be a lot of money to get it done well but these tattoos are done to represent something important to the person who gets them, and they're definitely my favorite style of tattoo.
>>
>tattoos
>pokemon tattoos

white trash please leave
>>
>>34393195
Those are badass but I have to put it in a place that can be covered for work.
>>
>>34393224
Why is it white trash? If it has some meaning to him. Why do you care? As long as he doesn't get it on his face or something stupid like that.
>>
>>34393232
He's just calling it white trash because that is the 4chan response to tattoos, he's just being a mindless sheep spouting the same thing everyone else does.
>>
>>34393225
Thats generally the idea of Yakuza tattoos.
Since tattoos were, and i believe still are to an extent illegal to have, they would take advantage of the real estate they have that can be covered by every day clothes.
And in general if you ask the old Yakuza guys they'll say that a tattoo isn't meant to be displayed, but young and dumb Japanese teens have started getting them and wearing them proud so there shouldn't be any kind of taboo against non Yakuza members getting those style tattoos.
>>
>>34393287
Tattoos aren't illegal, what are you on about?
>>
>>34393430
I meant in Japan, while i don't think just having a tattoo is illegal anymore, you cant enter some public places if you have one, and i believe they recently made giving tattoos a criminal offence unless your'e a medical doctor.
>>
>>34392703
In a few decades people might remember some pokemon from gen 1 so having that tattoo won't be too embarrassing, unlike a random nobody from gen 4 or whatever
>>
>>34393480
>does a tattoo
>cares about other people opinion
You shouldn't be getting a tattoo anytime soon, kiddo.
>>
>>34393566
Op here I never asked for anyone's opinion on if I should get one or not. I asked if anyone here has gotten one and if so did they regret it?
>>
>>34393581
All I'm saying, is if you care about others opinions, you shouldn't do it. I was replying to the guy who said a gen 1 mon would be less embarrassing.
>>
>>34393612
Oh gotcha. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>34392645
Sent from my Best Buy machine @$.50 the hour
>>
based tattoobros working the anti-tattoo simps into a ding dong diddly tantrum
>>
>>34393675
Tattoo's are fuckin white trash and you know it. Why don't you honor your little brother with something better than some shitty tattoo?
>>
>>34394047
Did a tattoo kill your dog and fuck your mom or something, you sound like a little bitch
>>
>>34392715
My favorite pic
>>
Tattoos are personal. You can't be concerned with what others think of them, because there is always going to be someone with something unkind to say. Do what you feel is right, think it over long and hard, and make sure that you go to a good artist. The general public is fine with tattoos, besides a small percentage of tightass religious folk. I don't know why /vp/ in particular is so against them, but the negativity you see here is not what you'll experience in your day to day life. And I don't see anything wrong with getting a Pokemon tattoo, I plan on getting one myself one day. If it means something to you, go for it.
>>
>>34395641
>I don't know why /vp/ in particular is so against them
it's a 4chan thing to despise tattoos, you think it's bad here, you should see a tattoo thread in /v/
>>
>>34392652
You should absolutely not get something stupid like a Pokemon tattoo to memorialize your brother

If you have to ruin your skin forever get a cross with his name, birth and death year. Don't fucking drag his name as the reason you got a fucking charmander on your person
>>
>>34396565
I think it's just an extension of the whole "hide your power level, never play games in public, never indicate your real interests because you'll get bullied" thing they have going.
>>
>>34393287
Do not get this fucking tattoo unless you're Japanese and in the Yakuza. What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>34396588
glad someone else sees OP for the scum he truly is
>>
>>34396588
>ruin your skin forever
>>34392652
Pretty sure I dont have to tell you this but disregard that guys opinion
>>
>>34396588
>A cross

Opinion discarded
>>
>>34395571
He got cucked by a guy with a tattoo.
>>
>>34396611
>glad someone else sees OP for the scum he truly is
Why? Because he wants to get something that is significant to him and his brother? Are you trolling or are you really this retarded?
>>
>>34396588
>Don't fucking drag his name as the reason you got a fucking charmander on your person
Thanks for your opinion. I'm not using him as an excuse. My brother is the only reason I'm considering getting one. I thought it would hold more significants than some generic cross. Even when I'm 60 and see that little Charmander it will always remind me of all the fun him and I had. Fuck I miss him.
>>
>>34396974
>I'm not using him as an excuse. My brother is the only reason I'm considering getting one
you aren't fooling anyone you pathetic fuck
>>
>>34396980
Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>34397018
likewise
>>
>>34396980
It's not an excuse. But then again your just some random anon that holds no significants in my life. You sound like a pretty bitter person.
>>
>>34397041
maybe your brother will hold some significance to you when that tattoo ends up biting you in the ass, I'd rather be a "bitter person" than to drag a deceased relative's name through the ground for the sake of vanity
>>
File: 1478760185406.jpg (152 KB, 496x496)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>34397050
>>34396980
>>34396588
>>
>>34397065
if it really was to honor his brother, he wouldn't be asking about it here
>>
>>34397050
Why would it bite me in the ass?
>Dragging his name through the ground?
A little extreme don't you think? Pretty sure he would have loved it.
>>
>>34397077
I wasn't asking anyone if it was a good idea. If you read the thread I asked if anyone has ever gotten a Pokemon tattoo and if they regretted it? Not do you guys think I should get one.
>>
>>34397077
The dude has gotten some genuinely good advice in this thread about getting a first tattoo, your constant bitching has done no good.
>>
>>34393471
Lots of places in nipland don't admit people with tattoos BECAUSE tattoos are associated with the yakuza, so it's a handy way to not admit yakuza members without outright saying that's what you're doing. That's the extent of it.
>>
>>34397090
No tattoos on myself, but I remember people talking about different body areas being more painful/looking worse with age (look up health issues with pregnancy if you're a femanon?). Asking about portfolios is good, I remember meeting some guy once with "calligraphy" designs and biting my tongue on fountain pens
Even if you have a good job now, thinking ahead if you need to cover it up should be a must. The yakuza sleeve is an extreme example, but avoiding gang/religious symbolism that you don't share seems both respectful and safe
Other than this, sorry for your brother, good pick
>>
>>34397309
I've definitely thought it over. I'm not putting it on my forearm or anywhere that it can't be covered. I've researched a lot. I understand that it's permanent and nothing I'm taking lightly. Thanks man appreciate the advice.
>>
>>34393195
Second
>>
This sleeve looks awesome. I personally wouldn't get it. But it's well done.
>>
>>34392634
Dont listen to any of those stupid, bigoted morons who think any tattoo is a crime against humanity. Back to /pol with you all.

I'm the happy owner of several tattoos, one being pokemon related, didnt regret it a day since I got it. Make sure its a good studio and have a nice look at the sketch and its placing into your body, and never be afraid of ask for changes: they're used to it and remember once its done its there forever.

Is it your first tattoo? Also watercolour ones sometime can fade so consider changing slightly the design or coming back for touch ups if the colours start to dull a bit.
>>
>>34398726
Yeah this is going to be my first one. Probably my only one. I really like the watercolor design. I had read that design can be difficult and to get a good artist. Also touch ups are a must. I'm still in the research phase. I understand to get a good one it will cost a good amount of money. Also some spots like your foot inside of bicep are painful areas. Which Pokemon do you have?
>>
>>34392703
Have a heart for once, you fat fucking pussy
>>
assuming it's somewhere that won't get you in trouble with work it's a nice idea.
It's certain to instantly make you more apprachable as a person, just be ready to talk about that even at the most surface level-people like to ask.
>>
>>34392818
A tattoo is art that lasts forever and stays with you always. You can't lose a tattoo unless you have some kinda horrible accident. It's one of the most perminant ways to pay tribute to someone. Think of it this way, people lose their memories to age and gravestones get stolen, but a tattoo is with you even after death.
>>
>>34396588
That is the most depressing stupid shit ever. Don't listen to this faggot. Op get the Charmander that's an awesome thing to do for your brother. Treasure the good times.
>>
>>34399150
I'm going to have it on a spot where it's covered. Where that is? I'm not sure. I'm sure I will get questions as to why I got a Charmander and that's fine. I'm not out to show it off. It's something that is special to me.
>>
>>34399549
tattoos get people talking. easy conversation starter too. and people are curious. not to mention it's also a cute tat, so you look more friendly.
going to the beach and shit might get a little more fun for you, but also opens up the oppertunity for someone to accidentally pry. just that is all
>>
>>34399587
Yeah that's true. Never had one so this will be a new experience for me. I talked to my mom about and she said she liked the idea. He was such a huge part of my life. We did everything together.
>>
>>34399672
You do what you want anon. Don't listen to these other moral faggots. If that's how you want to honor and remember your little brother do it. I want to get a pokemon tattoo myself. I just don't know of what.
>>
>>34392634
Generally i'd say never spend less than $1000 on a tattoo that's more than a small monochromatic stamp. It's permanent and has a special meaning to you, you'll never regret spending more on it but you'll always regret spending less.
>>
>>34400944
You think the op pic would run $1000? I'd say $500-$600 at most
>>
>>34392634
If you get a watercolor tattoo make sure its in a place that stays covered, watercolor tattoos are more prone to fading with with sunlight than regular tattoos.

>>34393195
>>34393287
This is why Yakuza tattoos look so good for so long, they're put in places that are almost never exposed so they don't fade as much.
>>
>>34401107
I was thinking either on my chest, back or my side. Don't know exactly where. But definitely somewhere where it's covered. Can't have it showing for work.
>>
>>34401221
I'd recommend a shoulder sleeve or a back mural, in my opinion just putting an image somewhere looks fairly trashy. A chest tattoo can look good if you have something with symmetry across your whole chest, but i'd avoid just sticking something on your side all together.
>>
>>34401221
Side tattoos can be pretty painful, so probably not the best idea for your first.
>>
OP's brother probably killed himself when he realised he had such a retard for a brother. I'd kill myself too if I found out that my brother wpuld even entertain the idea of getting a tattoo.
>>
>>34401428
So THIS is what a soyboy is.
>>
>>34401428
No it was cancer. I already mentioned that. Are you just trying to be edgy?
>>
>>34401456
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/depression-cancer-linked-higher-chance-dying-study-bmj-david-batty-a7546141.html

You helped kill your brother. If you want to "honour' his memory then just let him rest peacefully instead of being an embarasment to him even after he dies.

>>34401432
Go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>34401484
He was 12 pretty sure he wasn't depressed. Nice bait.
>>
>>34401484
You sound like such an edgy little bitch. Don't you have school tomorrow?
>>
What do you wanna hear anon? I think in general pokemon tattoos are pretty cringy, ugly and a lot of people that get these types of gaming, cartoon etc tattoos will regret them later because memories to your youth are fine and all but its still a pokemon or mario or whatever on your arm forever.

But it's your body and also has a deeper meaning to you that no one will see without an explanation so just do it if you want one.
>>
>>34401521
That's the thing I never asked if I should get one or not. I'm getting one. All I asked is if anyone on here has gotten one? If so did the regret it? That's it.
>>
>>34392929
Is it... facing backwards? That's a bad choice.
>>
>>34401544
I guess the most people will regret it but right now are still too young.

I have a friend that has all kind of gaming characters and symbols on his arm, it was good work and looks cool but he already starts to grow out of that "need but cool XD" look and starts regretting it because it even goes down almost to his hand and up to his neck.

In your case it's for your brother so unless it looks super ugly or is on a bad spot you probably won't regret it. But you should think good about it if you want something big and colourful.
>>
>>34392634
You might have a harder time getting it than you'd think. Any tattoo artist worth getting work from probably wouldn't consider doing something from Pokemon, but if you explain the meaning you might be able to convince them.
>>
>>34401612
Are you retarded? If you give any tattoo artist 500-600 bucks and tell them you want a tattoo of a Pokemon they will do it. Why would they care? They are getting paid to do their job.
>>
>>34392703
Sinnohfags aren't old enough to get tats yet.
>>
>>34401636
If you're only paying $500 - $600 for a tattoo then its not worth getting.
>>
>>34401646
If anons getting a pixel version >>34392929 then 500-600 is enough
>>
>>34401655
OP shouldn't get a pixel tattoo in the first place because pixel tattoos are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to pop culture tattoos.
>>
>>34401655
How much do you think op's pic would run? I'm guessing the size matters. Bigger the charmander the more it's going to cost.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.