[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1512642172965.jpg (460 KB, 1600x1600)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
Will Gamefreak ever do it?

ITT - Post re-types that better fit
>>
none of those make sense
>>
These are stupid fucking suggestions
>>
>Flying/Fairy
Hi Flintiex
>>
>>34393288
And why is that anon? Care to explain?

>>34393293
Uhh, no?
Flaming butt head duck maybe a stretch
But Parasect is nothing but a shell of its former self and parasites have taken over it, making it somewhat a zombie.
Shinx line should've been /Dark-type from the get go. No, not because it's black, don't be racist
And Pidove line are domesticated birds who accumulated to living with humans
>>
>>34393279
We already have retypings.

Magnemite and Magneton - Electric to Electric/Steel.in Gen II

Clefairy family, Snubbull family, and Togepi - Normal to Fairy

Togetic and Togekiss - Normal/Flying to Fairy/Flying

14 Fairy-types (too many to list here) - Had Fairy added on as secondary typing
>>
>>34393322
I meant more so, re-typings where they didn't introduce a whole new type(s)
>>
>>34393314
Okay Flint but why did you make Illumise Bug/Ghost?
These typings are from Neo X/Y btw. Shit is a goldmine all the way from Poison Heal Bulbasaur down to Refrigerate Avalugg.
>>
>>34393314
magby has nothing to do with psychic
luxio has nothing to do with darkness or underhanded fighting except using biting moves which every fucking quadruped furry pokemon does
parasect isn't actually dead
tranquill has nothing to do with fairies it's just a fucking bird
>>
>>34393314
>triggered Lux's best move has no STAB
cry more cunt
>>
>>34393326
>Okay Flint but why did you make Illumise Bug/Ghost?
Who the FUCK is Flint?

>Shit is a goldmine all the way from Poison Heal Bulbasaur down to Refrigerate Avalugg.
Honestly! Makes me enjoy XY so much more. I actually like the shitty grammar and all the friendly rivals being sassy
>>
>>34393279
Parasect is the bug *and* the parasite, not just the bug
if you want to change it to bug/ghost or whatever, you may as well take away everything that was originally unique about it, like spore
>>
>>34393344
Flintiex is the hero that gave us Ice/Fire Delibird and removed Water from Corsola.
>Poison/Fairy Exploud
You can't make this shit up.
>>
why do people get so upset when someone suggest Luxray line should be Electric/dark,
not like Dark actually means Dark its called "evil" type in japan,
inkay doesn't really seem like a dark type
if anything should be pure psychic till it evolve.
>>
>>34393360
Wait, so he's responsible for Neo XY? nice
Not that far into the games yet, but last I looked at the spreadsheet, didn't he make Whismur line Fairy/Ground?
>>
>>34393412
Fairy/Poison was the original one before he got told he was a fucking retard.
>Mega Potions
>>
>>34393279
You start.
>>
>>34393399
Inkay has the generic mind control thing going and evolves into one of the more outright evil pokemon in the series
The Luxray line has nothing resembling evilness from what I see
>>
>>34393330
>parasect isn't actually dead
As of gen 7 this isn't really a requisite for ghost types anymore, with stuff like sensu oricorio, decidueye, dhelmise and potentially lunala getting the typing more because they have a relation to shadows or spirits than being spirits themselves.
Still, I like parasect's current typing. All mushroom mons so far have been part grass.

One I always wanted to see was magmar and electabuzz lines getting a secondary typing to form a more consistent trio with jynx. Electric/fighting and Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison sound alright for me.
>>
>>34393279
Look at fucking Slurpuff’s stats.
Holy shit.
>dialogue
>>
>>34393359
The point of it knowing Spore involves the japanese name for Spore "Mushroom Spore" which explains why only mushroom Pokemon seem to learn it.
I don't think typing change would make it lose Spore, simple enough.
Although, I would admit that Grass/Ghost would be more fitting over Bug/Ghost since the mushroom itself is taking over. The bug is dead, the parasite is completely dominant now.
So it would make sense to have the stats fit appropriately.
>>
>>34393429
Don't forget Luvdisc -> Alomomola
>>
>>34393450
Actually bug type makes more sense for a mushroom than grass type does since fungi are more closely related to animals than plants and they have chitinous cell walls.
>>
>>34393425
Magmar and Electabuzz would have interesting typings to fit with Jynx.
I can't help thinking of Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos with them though.
Are you thinking of Fire/Poison and Electric/Fighting because that way they would all be weak/strong against each other?
That would be a great relationship.
>>
>>34393279
Regional variants will be the only way Game Freak ever does retyping unless they add a new type.
>>
>>34393279
>electric/dark luxio
This meme again
>>
>>34393429
>120 Attack
>120 Speed

Why is this game so based bros?
>>
>>34393421
A-Muk isn't very evil
"While it's unexpectedly quiet and friendly, if it's not fed any trash for a while, it will smash its Trainer's furnishings and eat up the fragments. "

also Luxray Japanese name means X ray tiger
Luxray being Electric/Dark makes more sense then Mawile being a steel type
>>
>>34393470
Yeah, but going by GameFreak's tradition, they don't really follow that sort of mindset.
Paras, Parasect (Bug/Grass), Shroomish (Grass), Breloom (Grass/Fighting) , Foongus (Grass/Poison), Amoongus (Grass/Poison), Morelull (Grass/Fairy), and Shiinotic (Grass/Fairy).
With the added fact that Spore (japanese name "Mushroom Spore") is a grass type move, it seems kinda moot that they prefer it under that category.
Then again, I cannot definitely state that this is fact though, they can always say something else. I can only point out a pattern that I can see.
>>
>>34393504
yes, but what the fuck does x-rays have to do with evil/underhanded-ness?
>>
>>34393279
Water/Fighting for Dewott & Samurott
Only right answer
>>
File: scaly birbs.jpg (68 KB, 1024x694)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Don't forget abilities that make zero sense thematically or competitively!
>Marvel Scale on birds??
>Analytic on something with that high speed?
>>
>>34393504
>Mawile being steel doesn't make sense
yeah, if you just ignore the giant steel horns
>>
>>34393504
Dark types have a common theme of either unruly, difficult to raise or control, dangerous, malicious, and only an option for only veteran, cruel, or similarly minded trainers.
They aren't easy, rarely are they pleasant or friendly, but they are always something that must be trained with even more diligence and certain tact to keep them in line.
I dunno, I just feel like if I was in the Pokemon World... Dark Types are the last Pokemon I would ever want to train due to their... proclivities.
>>
File: fairy is trash.jpg (103 KB, 1024x770)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>Pokemon is pink
>It is now a Fairy Type
>>
>>34393279
wow yes, because e-everything needs a dual typing
r-right!?

fucking kek.
Dumbest typings i have ever seen.
>>
>>34393537
>Fairy
no
>Double Mothim's speed and give it serene grace
no
>>
>>34393421
>What is Pangoro?
>What is Umbreon?
>>
>>34393545
Now Lance can use his Gyarados and not be a flying trainer!
>Dragon Claw Gyarados
>>
>>34393547
>Umbreon
Ambush predator and sweats poison
>Pangoro
>>34393535
it's violent and is perfectly willing to fight its trainer
>>
>>34393527
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_anatomy#Scales
>>
>>34393279
I agree with Luxray, and kinda agree with Parasect. The other two are garbage, though.
>>
>>34393531
Horn? You mean the hair?
>>
>>34393550
>Gyarados should be a dragon type!
reeee
>Dragon claw
fucking retarded
>>
>>34393555
>Luxray
>uses X ray vision to hunt prey in the dark
>>
where do I see all the Pokémon changes
>>
File: 250px-128Tauros (1).png (50 KB, 250x250)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>34393531
Look at this steel type!
>>
File: Screenshot (92).png (36 KB, 907x224)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>34393559
>>
>>34393556
>"They are found mainly on the toes and tarsi (lower leg of birds), usually up to the tibio-tarsal joint, but may be found further up the legs in some birds"
>NOT the whole body

>>34393563
I-It uses it's teeth in a scraping motion!
>>
>>34393279
all of these are retarded, nonsensical, autistic or all of the above

The only retyping that should happen is Mawile to Dark/Fairy
It has no business being steel, it doesn't learn steel, moves, it isn't made out of metal, it learns ONLY dark moves, it is known as the "deceiving" pokemon which is exactly the nature of most dark types
Compare it to the other Steel/Fairies, Magearna and Klefki are both made out of metal
>>
>>34393555
>sweats poison
>not Poison Type
But really, my point was that it doesn't need to be on the same level of edgy as Malamar to be a Dark Type.

Also,
>It has eyes which can see through anything. It spots and captures prey hiding behind objects.
>When its eyes gleam gold, it can spot hiding prey--even those taking shelter behind a wall.
On about the same level as Umbreon, I'd say.
>>
>>34393595
>>34393578
>>
>>34393399
Inkay is deceiving and insidious, Luxray is just a black coloured electric Lion
get over it
sinnohfetuses are going to get completely obnoxious in the coming years
>>
File: fairy tale dragon.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
You guys want a Moody Fairy/Dragon Dragonite?
>>
>>34393603
>>34393599
>>
>>34393601
>>34393575
>>
>>34393325
Those are called alola forms. I believe one of the more recent games dabbled in it
>>
>>34393606
in what world does that even make sense?
>>
>>34393479
Are you thinking of Fire/Poison and Electric/Fighting because that way they would all be weak/strong against each other?
That was the idea, yes. I even though poison for magmar could work since magma can sometimes have acidic properties and it learns smog/clear smog/belch, but then again the line doesn't really look poisonous at all. Maybe dark would be a better fit considering they burn forests to feel more comfortable.
>>
File: designs (22).png (60 KB, 230x200)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>34393601
oh fuck this shit, by this reasoning Blastoise should be part steel too because its canons are made of metal
it is exactly the same deal, they use it as weapons and made of steel
If anything, dark is more descriptive of its nature than steel being just a part of it
>>
>>34393555
Where is that said or pointed out for Luxray?
The biggest aspects pointed out in its Pokedex have seemed to be how its x-ray vision allows it to detect prey (which isn't uncommon for Pokedex entries to talk about prey), and seeking out its lost young.
Nothing I've found has shown it saying that it will willingly attack its trainer, what have you found that states this?
>>
>>34393621
what the fuck do you mean by luxray? I meant Pangoro
>>
File: regigigas.png (54 KB, 250x250)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>34393616
oh fuck this shit, by this reasoning Regigigas should be part grass too because its got moss growing on it
it is exactly the same deal, they use it as stuff growing on top of it
>>
>>34393624
Huh, my bad. The way you put it out, I accidentally assumed you were (you)'ing me about something else.
Don't really know why you (you)'d me at all though.
>>
>>34393629
the moss grows on regigigas it isn't part of regigigas
The canons are grown by blastoise
But to be honest I don't give a shit for blastoise, it is a literal digimon, animal with guns, though none of the nostalgiacucks seem to care
>>
>>34393314
Magby:
Take a look at Magmar and tell me that neanderthal would know how to use Psybeam or any psychic powers, you dumb fuck. Psychic is a burst of telekinetic force which Magmar might be able to do since he's a special attacking pyro motherfucker but Psybeam is a straight up psychic ray beam.

Parasect:
The mushroom parasite, while not controlling the host, could possibly be a ghost type. The way the parasite targets its prey is ghost-like since it can camouflage in the forest, but Parasect (the host) itself is not and the parasite has to abide by the host's abilities.

Luxio:
Biting and gnawing are basic wild animal functions. Anyone can be taught how to steal too, just look at how many are able to do it: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thief_(move) . This doesn't mean it's a dark type, that's just what wild animals do. Fucking racist.

I hit the word limit doing Tranqull so I'm not going to bother, but you and I both know your excuse is bullshit.
>>
>>34393608
Umbreon evolved as a result of exposure to the moon's waves. It hides silently in darkness and waits for its foes to make a move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack.

Umbreon fights with sneak attacks aka dirty that is why it's dark type.
>>
File: info.png (90 KB, 1465x899)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
I love btfoing sinnohcucks
>>
>>34393662
>The canons are grown by blastoise
If they explained and drew and colored its cannons more naturally and not look clearly like human-manufactured cannons I think Blastoise would look okay and less like a Digimon
>>
>>34393279
Ghost/Normal Banette, so it's actually unique and interesting

For the rest:
Mega with Tough Claws
New stats would be 75/125/75/75/75/75 (Mega: 75/165/90/75/90/105)
>>
If they really wanted to make luxray a dark type
The generation they do it would have add a pokedex entry fitting so

Im sure there was a turned into fairy pokemon that doesn't make 100% sense being a fairy before

But right now luxray fits being pure electric type
It wouldn't help luxray too much anyway
Luxray suffers same way electivire and elektross do
Slow and dont have power to back it up
>>
>>34393616
Fuck you. Blastoise should actually have been retyped to Water/Steel.
>>
>>34393616
I think the difference is that Blastoise isn't attacking foes with the actual steel, it's firing water and whatever the fuck else out of them, but that's about the same as if it was firing it out of its mouth
Meanwhile Mawile's horns is basically its only way of fighting, to the point that all its battle sprites has it facing the opponent backwards so that the horns are between it and its opponent
>>
>>34393679
I don't give a fuck about Luxray but Umbreon is a shitty excuse of a Darl type. Tons of Pokémon are ambush predators and not Dark. Gumshoos focuses way more on the aspect than Umbreon and is not Dark.
>>
>>34393537
>Trash Wormadam is fairy
Nice.
>>
>>34393830
When it finds a trace of its prey, it patiently stakes out the location...but it's always snoozing by nightfall.

It doesn't do it at night so it's not a dark type. Ambushing at night only using sneak attacks, or ganging up on a target are what dark types usuallly do.
>>
>>34394156
>It doesn't do it at night so it's not a dark type.
Implying literal darkness equals Dark is almost as bad as saying black equals Dark.
> ganging up on a target are what dark types usuallly do.
Except Umbreon doesn't do that.
>>
>>34393279
I feel like that's a can of worms they don't wamt to open. Otherwise they'll get people like you breathing dpwn there neck even more suggesting their "smart" changes. The closest you'll ever get is regional variants.
>>
>>34393279
Samurott Water/Steel or Fighting due to him being samurai and sheeit

Typhlosion Fire/Dark just cus Johto introduced the Dark typing

Meganium Grass/Fairy

Feraligatr Water/Dragon or Fighting

Luxray line Electric/Dark

Mismagius Ghost/Fairy or Poison

Noctowl Ghost/Flying or Psychic/Flying

Alomomola Water/Fairy

Totally agree with this>>34393694
and this>>34393806
>>
>>34394233
No.
>>
R8/H* my changes:

>Blastoise: Water/Steel
>Arbok: Poison/Dark
>Golduck: Water/Psychic
>Farfetchd: Fighting/Flying
>Hypno: Psychic/Dark
>Noctowl: Pychic/Flying
>Bannette: Ghost/Normal
>Huntail: Water/Dark
>Gorebyss: Water/Psychic
>Staraptor: Fighting/Flying
>Vespiquen: Bug/Psychic
>Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
>Yanmega: Bug/Dragon
>Uxie: Psychic/Electric
>Mesprit: Psychic/Fairy
>Azelf: Psychic/Fighting
>Samurott: Water/Fighting
>Accelgor: Bug/Dark
>Tsareena: Grass/Fighting
>>
File: 1485414836773.jpg (31 KB, 670x503)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
All I want is Braixen to be Fire/Psychic. I want her to be my little magician. Imagine my surprise when I bred a perfect Fennekin just for an eviolite Braixen only to find out she's a fucking monotype until Delphox?
>>
>>34394385
Ehhhhhhhhh
The only one that makes sense would be Tsareena.
I just don't get why everything needs to be Dual Typed.
>>
>>34393279
>Magby Fire/Psychic
Literally retarded.

>Parasect Bug/Ghost
Pulling shit out your ass.

>Luxio Electric/Dark
"""Hurr durr it's black so it's Dark"""

>Tranquill Flying/Fairy
What the fuck are you smoking??
>>
>>34394385
>Gorebyss: Water/Psychic
>"hurr durr it's pink so it's Psychic"
>Uxie: Psychic/Electric
>"hurr durr it's yellow so it's Electric"
Stop.
>>
>>34394385

Gorebyss is Psychic because of its moveset in contrast with Huntail's.

Uxie being Electric is a stretch, but I figured Knowledge= electrical activity of the brain is enough of a basis.
>>
>>34394431

To add further, Gorebyss and Huntail had Psychic and Dark assists respectively in the Rangers games.
>>
>>34394431
By that logic, Alakazam line should be part Electric.
>>
>>34394454

I did say it was a stretch. I'm only trying to make Uxie and the other different in typing. What would u suggest Uxie be then?
>>
>>34394467
Psychic/Ghost

It looks vaguely dead, and you could make the argument that the dead and their history are integral to one's memory. It takes memories and essentially takes someone's soul/identity
>>
>>34393616

Do dex entries state its steel? How do we know they arent bone?
>>
>Blastoise
Water -> Water/Steel

>Sceptile
Grass -> Grass/Dark

>Empoleon
Water/Steel -> Water/Ice

>Samurott
Water -> Water/Fighting

>Emboar
Fire/Fighting -> Fire/Ground

>Serperior
Grass -> Grass/Dragon

R8
>>
>>34393279
>gets a typing because it can learn an oddball move via TM or is a certain color

fucking stupid
>>
File: 1486286641799.png (483 KB, 750x750)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
>>34393279
>it's another 'luxray line should be electric dark' thread
>>
>>34394560
It learns as many physical dark moves physical electric moves and a dark offensive move before any offensive electric moves. It should be, stop this meme.
>>
>>34393279
>>34393314
>parasect as bug/ghost
It would be grass/ghost retard since the mushroom is the actual still living creature and the "main" part of the creature. Paresect itself is just there for the mushroom's benefit so it can move.
>>
>>34394639
The bug is the ghost retard
>>
>>34393673
>The mushroom parasite, while not controlling the host, could possibly be a ghost type. The way the parasite targets its prey is ghost-like since it can camouflage in the forest, but Parasect (the host) itself is not and the parasite has to abide by the host's abilities.
The mushroom parasite is the grass part you dingo
>>
>>34394651
Thanks for literally proving my point.
>mushroom (main organism) = grass
>dead bug = ghost
Grass/ghost would be more logical since the bug is dead.
>>
>>34394665
Retards think the mushroom doesn't count as a living being for some reason despite basically being the main part of tbe pokemon.
>>
>>34393314
>accumulated to living with humans

What the literal fuck

Also how in the fuck would Tranquill ever be Fairy-Type? Why are 3 of the 4 Pokémon you posted NFE's, and what would happen with their evolutions? Also, WHY IS TRANQUILL FAIRY-TYPE? Out of every Pokémon you choose a goddamn regional bird from fucking Gen 5? Kids these days I can't even
>>
Everything about this thread is retarded as fuck
>>
>>34393314
Holy shit I can't believe your bait it working as well as it is.
>>
>>34394714
Really? Everything?
>>
>>34393527
Analytic works when someone switches you moron, why do you think its used on starmie?
>>
>>34393279
>Psychic Magby
Just based on superficial head design; stupid
>Ghost Parasect
Not bad, but real typing's better, as a good excuse for a bug/grass is hard to come by
>Dark Luxio
Seems like it makes sense, but when you think about it isn't x-ray vision, like the opposite of dark type, since its based on acuity? And in japan its evil type,which doesn't fit its concept at all.
>Flying/Fairy Unnfezant
Makes a little sense, but it's commonality is the point, making it an archetypal normal, whereas fairy is generally a "rare" type, like dragon
>>34393399
>Psychic Shinx
X-rays are electromagnetic
>>34393479
pretty sure Jynx isn't an equivalent to Magmar or Electabuzz, but
>Poison magmar
Learns poison moves and fits salamander theme; good idea
>Fighting Electabuzz
It's concept is already generic yellow monster, so slapping on fighting type because it looks like it could wap the shit out of something isn't that far to stretch the imagination
>>34393504
>A-muk
You're right, has shitty typing. Should swap with muk, or maybe be steel itself
>>34393547
Pangoro is a "heroic asshole" based on gangster captains, so evil/fighting fits perfectly
>>34393575
Horns are keratin like irl, and ground-types are just big normal-types a lot of the time
>Dark fairy mawile
Better, as far as I know
>>34393550
Gyrados looks like a dragon to evoke the rising carp story, but it's more directly based on a dragon kite, which should clearly be flying, and its a more interesting typing than flying/dragon, which would also make sense
>>34393616
TBF Blastoise could be steel, evokes tanks
>>34393694
G/N Shuppet and Bannete is a good idea, given they're based on something comonplace
>>34394191
>Evil Gumshoos
I see where you're coming from, but evil-type goes so strongly against its theme that it is irreconcilable
>>
>>34394726
People would rather point out why you're wrong, than be helpful ;)

>>34394703
>Also how in the fuck would Tranquill ever be Fairy-Type?
Have you not see Pidove's heart-shaped chest?

>Why are 3 of the 4 Pokémon you posted NFE's
Because they don't evolve at that level, anon! Do you Pokemon?

>what would happen with their evolutions?
What do you think?

>Out of every Pokémon you choose a goddamn regional bird from fucking Gen 5?
Why not? Because I'm using it on my team. WHat the fuck, use some common sense
>>
>>34394777
>Con't
>>34394233
Dark Typhlosion is an asspull
Meganium and Alomomola being fairy makes sense, as the type is associated with healing
Both Feraligator types kind of make sense, but I'm not partial
As a magic-based pokemon, Mismagus being fairy makes sense
Noctowl being psychic because hypnosis makes sense, but ghost is an asspull
Samurot makes sense on both fronts too.
>>34394385
All pretty good, save Gorebyss,which should probably just be dark as well, an Uxie, which is an asspull to make it more interesting. Better to haveit as the sole pure-psych imo
>>34394533
See most, but don't see Sceptile's dark but I feel like I'm missing something, care to elaborate? And IDK why Serperior would be a dragon.
>>
>>34394782
Actually having pidove go from flying/fairy to flying/normal on evolution would be pretty cool.
>>
Gen 1 and associated megas/evos, pls r8

Megazard - Fire/Dragon with Y design, X becomes some special anime/event only variant like ash-greninja
Blastoise - Water/Steel
Arbok - Poison/Dark
Geodude line - pure Rock
Oddish line - Grass/Dark
Vulpix line - Fire/Fairy
Doduo line - Flying/Ground, loses ability to learn Fly and similar moves that actually require flying, gets new ability that keeps it grounded in exchange for some sort of positive boost (STAB moves hit 3 times?)
Gastly line - pure Ghost
Voltorb line - Electric/Normal (to take advantage of explosion)
Cubone line - Ground/Dark
Weezing - Poison/Psychic (increased intelligence from additional head, gives Koga a shitty excuse to stack his gym with psychic types)
Mega Gyra - Water/Dragon
Bellossom - Grass/Fairy
Pilotoed - Water/Fairy
>>
>>34394912
Mega zard makes sense, because Y is supposed to appeal to people who like reasonable designs, whereas X is supposed to be BADASSLOL
Weezing feels too loosely justified.
Others are great.
>>
>>34394667
The Pokémon is a dead bug. Therefor bug/ghost. If you want to view the parasite as the Pokémon then grass/bug is fine.
>>
File: 20975604976.jpg (85 KB, 722x800)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>34393279
>Gale Wings
>>
>>34393580
Gyarados don't suck! Gyarados scrape, then lick!
>>
>>34394191
Did you not see the or? Dark types only have to focus one one of the things said. Umbreon ambushes and does sneak attacks at night in the dark. Darkness isn't what the dark type is mainly about its about doing things considered evil/sneaky.
>>
>>34394573
Then why isn't Pinsir part fighting?
>>
>>34394912
>Megazard - Fire/Dragon with Y design, X becomes some special anime/event only variant like ash-greninja
MCY is great as Fire/Flying. The whole thing is about putting more emphasis on the flying aspect. With a sleeker body, larger wings, hand wings and so on. No reason to make it Dragon. X is shit but that's not what the thread is about
>Oddish line - Grass/Dark
Bad. Gloom is all about stench and Vileplume's most noteworthy feature is scattering toxic pollen all around.
>Doduo line - Flying/Ground, loses ability to learn Fly and similar moves that actually require flying, gets new ability that keeps it grounded in exchange for some sort of positive boost (STAB moves hit 3 times?)
Pure Normal would be fine. Nothing about it screams Ground.
>Gastly line - pure Ghost
Gengar yes. But Gastly and Haunter are strongly tied to their gaseous state and Gastly suffocating shit with its gases is important to the concept, so no.
>Cubone line - Ground/Dark
Makes no sense at all. Marowak is just battle hardened. It isn't driven by revenge or sadistic or anything like that.
>Weezing - Poison/Psychic (increased intelligence from additional head, gives Koga a shitty excuse to stack his gym with psychic types)
Pretty bad reasoning. Implying all it takes to be a Psychic type is to have multiple heads is pretty weak. The focus isn't on how the heads communicate with each other like with actual multi-headed Psychics, but more so on implied mutations. If you have a problem with the trainers in the gym change their roster instead. Now you're just making a second Psychic gym in Kanto.
>Pilotoed - Water/Fairy
Why? Seem pretty reachy. Pure Water is fine.

The rest are either inoffensive or better.
>>
>>34394971
>Umbreon ambushes and does sneak attacks
The thing is that many pokémon are ambush predators and very few of them are Dark. Vaporeon blends into the water and uses that to catch prey but nobody in their right mind would say it should be Dark.
>Darkness isn't what the dark type is mainly about its about doing things considered evil/sneaky.
Not as much sneaky as it is about being unfair.
>>
I'm starting to think people don't really understand typings, and think color = type half the time.
>>
>>34393537
>Trash wormadam is Fairy
Then Garbodor should be Fairy aswell
>>
>>34393550
>Dragon Claw Gyarados
>has no claws
What next? Ice Punch Gyarados?
>>
>>34394986
It learns one fighting move by level up in Gen 1 and it's because it's a throw, which is what those bugs do IRL. That's not a comparison.
>>
Ninetales should be Fire/Ghost (everything mentions it's ghost power)
Typhlosion - Fire/Ground (It is a volcano)
>>
>>34393683
Murkrow, Purloin, Liepard and Sableye (bar Mega) fight dirty aswell. It's not for any reason that they have Prankster ability.
>>
File: latest[1].png (89 KB, 1262x980)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
Flying/Psychic -> Water/Dragon
>>
>>34394740
I run Quiet on Starmie with 0 Speed EVs to get outsped as much as possible
>>
Is this the brainlet thread?
>>
>>34394997
Doduo line made sense to me as an ironic grounded flying type, and since it gets drill run I figured why not. I will admit its a bit of a stretch though, i mostly just hate the redundancy of having 4 normal/flying families, especially when one doesnt even have wings

Oddish being nocturnal and based on mandrakes was my reasoning for it being dark. There's two other grass/poison families and pokemon like butterfree and paras can use poison powder without being poison typed, no reason why vileplume couldnt. Gloom being horrifically smelly doesnt automatically make it poisonous, its such a negative trait i could see it being dark too.

I realize now that poison/psychic weezing is not only too much of a stretch, it would be horribly broken ingame. Kogas gym already practically is a second psychic gym, psychic weezing or no

Most Pokedex entries state Marowak becomes vicious amd aggressive when it evolves, so i see no reason why it cant be dark. Bone and death themes seem to be common with dark types anyways
>>
>>34395245
It is.
Literally going by colour.
>>
>>34393279
You mean regional variants?
>>
>>34393322
Don't forget the Rotom forms in Gen 5
>>
>>34395835
how can you be this retarded
also
>Wild Manectric hold manectite 50% of the time
>>
File: 1492974767801.jpg (201 KB, 1200x2000)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>34393279
>Magmar line
>psychic
>>
>>34394956
Gen 6 Gale Wings, newfriend

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.