[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Poke.png (815 KB, 958x650)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
Bonus points if you explain your ranking.
>>
File: conkeldurr smash.png (96 KB, 500x500)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>35356362
my boy Conkeldurr is built to fight and bash skulls in, not to look pretty
>>
File: crab.png (46 KB, 250x250)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Add this motherfucker as well.
>>
>>35356362
tfw conk, garbodor, cryogonal and guzzlord are some of your favorite pokemon

guess ill die
>>
>>35356362
god, imagine if we had a generation full of designs just like these
>>
>>35356374
he's probably the ugliest
>>
>>35356362
from ugliest to least
>Jynx
>Garbodor
>Cryogonal
>purugly
>Diggesrby
>that gear shit
>Slaking
>Wheezing
>Aromatisse
>Conkeldurr
>Cele
>guzz
>>
>>35356405
what about crabominable?
>>
>not ugly
Diggersby, Cyronogal, Jynx, Slaking
>acceptably ugly or goofy looking (usually on purpose)
Wheezing, Klinklang, Purugly, Garbodor
>shit
the rest
>>
>>35356362
Celesteela is beautiful
>>
Celesteela
Purugly
Aromatisse
Diggersby
Garbodor
Conkeldurr
Weezing
Slaking
Guzzlord
Klinklang
Cryogonal
Jynx

Jynx is the only one I find ugly, and that's only in Stadium and other older games. It looks okay in newer games
>>
>>35356362
Counting Crabominable, from least ugly to ugliest:
>Jynx
>Aromatisse
>Purugly
>Diggersby
>Slaking
>Celesteela
>Weezing
>Klinklang
>Cryogonal
>Garbodor
>Conkeldurr
>Guzzlord
>Crabominable
>>
>>35356362
cryogonal - the best for its clarity of theme
slaking - also clear, evokes a character
Conkeldur - design conveys heft and acumen
garbodor - manages economic design somehow
celesteela - scale dilutes personality
purugly - effectively ugly
jynx - well coloured (no joke) but insipid
weezing - a natural progression on koffing
guzzlord - seems a pattern of lines, not metal
aromatisse - forced theming, boring also
diggersby - looks like a fan's guess evolution
>>
>>35356362
From least to most

>Celesteela

Power gap, since Celesteela is beautiful
>Slaking
>Guzzlord
>Cryogonal
>Klinklang
>Garbodor
>Conkeldurr
>Purugly
>Aromatisse
>Diggersby
>Weezing
>Jynx
>>
>>35356448
klinklang - ruins klang that was already ruined by klink for the fulfillment of what seems to be a foreign joke
>>
>>35356412
he's on another list entirely, he's too ugly.
>>
>>35356362
>Celesteela
Majestic. Shouldn't be considered ugly.
>Slaking
Daddy gorilla sloth. Seems like a fun guy.
>Conkeldurr
Machamp did it better but it's passable.
>Guzzlord
Could have been good if it wasn't 99% mouth
>Cryogonal
I'm ok with shit like this, bronzor, and geodude. Just not my cup of tea but still passable.
>Purugly
It has ugly in its name and its pre-evo is actually cute so I'm a bit salty. Not that horrible though.
>Weezinng
It's a floating mass of tumors and it reminds me of the monster from Basket Case.
>Klinklang
The whole line was a mistake. Seriously, they thought that since they could get away with dugtrio and magneton they might as well double down.
>Bunnelby
The ear arms are ugly as fuck, not to mention that shit around the waist.
>Aromatisse
Ugly ass face that maybe could have been passable if it didn't have that retarded hooker pose.
>Garbodor
It's literally garbage and no amount of lore and pokedex entries will ever make it less unappealing.
>Jynx
Holy fuck the uncanny valley is up in flames. Whoever approved of this design should be fired and never be allowed to work in anything remotely associated with entertainment. Where do I even start with this one? The blowjob mouth? The egg in a dress body? The anthropomorphic hair for no reason? Jynx is trash.
Some honourable mentions for ugly pokemon off the top of my head:
Any objectmon
Any humanmon
Anything with more than one head
Any pokemon that for some reason wears clothes
I know a lot of you disagree with me and I have had this discussion many times in the past. Blow me fags.
>>
>>35356362
from least ugly to ugliest:
>celesteela
>cryogonal
>weezing
>guzzlord
>jynx
>purrugly
>conkeldurr
>slaking
>klinklang
>aromatisse
>diggersby
>>
File: IMG_0623.jpg (140 KB, 890x606)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>35356394
Hint: we do
>>
>>35356362
Not ugly and OP is a faggot:
Weezing
Slaking
Conkeldurr
Garbodor
Klingklang
Cryogonal
Diggersby
Celesteela
Guzzlord

Ugly:
Jynx
Purugly (one of the most disappointing evos)

Abomination, worst pokémon ever, what the fuck:
Aromatisse
>>
>>35356539
>>Slaking
>Daddy gorilla sloth. Seems like a fun guy.
you cant fool me you filthy barafag
>>
File: 11717482_p8.jpg (50 KB, 512x512)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>35356362
>Jynx
>Celesteela
>Guzzlord
>ugly
Wow I haven't seen taste this shit in ages. Please go to the nearest suicide booth.
>>
File: 95490.png (80 KB, 170x180)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
I find ugly things cute. It doesn't stop them from being ugly, of course, but it certainly makes it difficult for me to rank them on that scale.
>>
>/vp/ critisising the ugliness if Pokémon
>>
>>35356362
Slaking is the best
>>
>>35358016
>Wow I haven't seen taste this shit in ages. Please go to the nearest suicide booth.
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>35356394
You mean Gen 5?
>>
>>35356362
Jynx and Diggersby are the only ugly mons there
>>
>>35356380
Same crabominable is one of my favorites aswell I don’t see how people think it’s ugly and guzzlord isn’t even ugly he’s built to eat
>>
Another thread hating on Jynx because she isn't a literal dragon or sexy karate fox. Kill yourselves, your taste is basic as shit.
>>
>>35358072
>anyone who dislikes my poor tastes is from reddit!
>>
>>35358308
By that logic you're a bigger faggot since you're asking people to kill themselves
>>
>>35356373
>t. pig-faced anon
>>
>>35356394
Gotcha your back bro: Unova Dex aka Gen 1 but uglier.
>>
>>35356362
Aromatisse (cool design, love the plague mask nod, also love fur)
Purugly (fat cats are cool, fun design)
Wheezing (Just a fun, whimsical design)
Jynx (fuck yall I like her)
Slaking (I guess?)
Garbodor (really stretching here...)
Bunnelby (hmmm)
The rest (they're just not that great to me, I HATE cryogonal and klinklang, Diggersby is ugly, Celesteela is overdesigned af, scary mouth is okay actually, who cares about the other one)
>>
>>35358603
lmaooooo idk why i said bunnelby its not even on there, strike that
>>
>>35358603
>Celesteela is overdesigned
What, celesteela is a pretty simple design
>>
>>35357922
>implying he doesn't secretly like bara too
Let yourself free anon and everything will work out.
>>
>>35358058
that got me
>>
>>35356362
The ugliest Pokémon is Klefki and easily out-uglies your entire image
>>
>>35356362
Celesteela is not only ugly in appearance, but also has an ugly soul
>>
>>35358729
m-mean!
>>
>>35358446
Just hand over your knife if you're too lazy to kill yourself
>>
>>35356362
Appearances are for the shallow minded. The beauty of overwhelming power is what matters. Guzzlord does not have that. Conkeldurr, Diggersby and Slaking have that.
>>
>>35358458
Slaking and Primeape all look more pig faced but sure
>>
>>35356362
The rabbit and the snowflake are the only ugly designs there
>>
>>35358308
i was referring to
>Please go to the nearest suicide booth
you can't fool me you fucking redditfag. fuck off
>>
File: trash.png (45 KB, 300x300)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>ugliest pokemon list
>no toucannon

Are you high?
>>
you wanna talk REAL ugly

>3 useless spikes to "justify" Steel type
>fat teardrops as "hair"
>thigh fur that is PERFECTLY SHAPED as shorts
>weird mouth placement that just about all anthro canines have
>shoulder donuts
>a tail that someone clearly just came by and snapped in half near the tip
>someone at Game Freak actually drew this, got this approved, and had it be one of the heavily-advertised franchise mascots

and not even because it's "furry bait", either
it just looks like they weren't even trying or were trying their hardest to have it be as "OC" as possible

I guess it SORT OF worked, but man that's so dumb
>>
File: Lucario.png (39 KB, 250x250)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>35360283
forgot pic
>>
>>35356362
They already are on the pic
>>
>>35356362
>Slaking
It's just a fat lazy ape, no problems here.
>Celesteela
Don't see how it would be ugly apart from being "overdesigned", but it takes so many different inspirations and nails them all amazingly.
>Weezing
Isn't supposed to look pleasant by any means, but I never thought it was an offensive design.
>Guzzlord
I really love it, it heavily evokes Turner's personal style and I like how it's simultaneously one of the most intimidating things in the Pokemon universe, and also a big cute wimp in Refresh.
>Garbodor
I've explained too many times on this website why I actually like this thing. Mostly it has a fun yet slightly horrified expression, and reminds me that Pokemon doesn't have to be "le epic badass edgy wolfs and dragons" like everyone seems to want, but hearkens back to the series' Earthbound roots, which I love.
>Conkeldurr
Only thing I don't like about it is the veins, but I think they did a really good job of making an "old man" Pokemon while simultaneously making it look really tough. Sagely Pokemon are cool, macho/muscular Pokemon are cool, and this guy nails both.
>Diggersby
Would be fine without the pointless brown and yellow band of fur around its stomach.
>Jynx
Was a lot better when its face was black. That combined with its Stadium animations evoked the idea that it was some kind of ice spirit disguised as a woman, but now it's literally just a purple woman because of sensitive Americans.
>Cryogonal
It's more forgettable than anything. It looks neat, but since it doesn't have emotions or much of an anatomy, it's hard to relate to.
>Klinklang
Klink had so much potential, and they ruined it by just making it "more gears". Klinklang is Magneton done wrong, because Magneton only went right when Magnezone came around and actually did something interesting with that line.
>Aromatisse
Garish mix of odd colors, looks like a fat whore trying to seduce me.
>Purugly
Biased against gen 4 for the most part. Out of characters for this post.
>>
>>35356362
Love Celesteela, dunno how it would rank in "ugliness." The ugliest ones in a good way I think are Conkeldurr and Weezing, the ugliest in a bad way is probably Diggersby and Aromatisse. Some of the others aren't really "ugly" they just look boring, like Klinklang.
>>35356380
I was fucking obsessed with Cryogonal in gen 5, got someone to trade me a shiny one they RNG'd up.
>>
>>35361552
>Aromatisse
>Garish mix of odd colors, looks like a fat whore trying to seduce me
Don't forget it's retarded eyelashes and the fact that it sounds like the fucking ghost of Micheal Jackson. God, Aromatisse is in contention for worst Pokemon of all time.
>>
File: crabominable edit.png (75 KB, 494x297)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>35361552
As for my thoughts on Crabominable >>35356374

See my thoughts on Celesteela and Garbodor. It takes a lot of concepts and mixes them into something brilliant, and it reminds me that it's okay for Pokemon to be goofy, as it gives them more charm and character than if you just made it something generic for the sake of being safe.

You see this fan edit of Crabominable? I absolutely loathe it. It turns something that looks dopey and goofy and cute into a generic Mario or Kirby enemy. It turns its flattened pawprint/punching pad claws into generic crab pincers. It completely misses the point that Crabominable has reached its peak as a boxer figuratively, to compliment the fact that it reached the peak of the mountain literally. It's supposed to look old and past its prime, and it's supposed to look utterly punch drunk because it took Crabrawler's black eye a step further. It's supposed to look dopey because it IS dopey, because the dex says that it lost its way in the mountains and its body just adapted.

There are plenty of ideas behind this guy that are all way more interesting and creative than "it just got better at boxing" and I'm so sad that people look past all of them and judge it exclusively on the fact that it's not conventionally "cool" looking. On top of how much I liked this thing already, the amount of white knighting I've done for this poor thing has made it one of my top favorite gen 7 Pokemon for sure.
>>
>>35361639
I think the eyelashes are fine. But the color scheme, the fat body, the soulless looking eyes, the bald face, those ears, everything just comes together to make something that's ultimately not very pleasing to look at.
>>
>>35356362
Celesteela is one of the few Pokemon I'd consider beautiful, along with Milotic, Dragonair, and Volcarona. kys
>>
File: 1523850126792.png (845 KB, 529x2553)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
>>
>>35356362
You forgot a certain tampon rabbit
>>
Cryogonal, Weezing, Celesteela, Jynx, Aromatisse, Klinklang, Conkeldurr, Purugly, Slaking, Guzzlord, Diggersby, Garbordor
>>
File: Uglyness.png (861 KB, 2454x876)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
>>35356362
>>
>>35361731
I like aroumatosse. It’s fluffy and cute.
>>
Jinx is the ugliest
>>
File: 20150926191613acf.jpg (306 KB, 591x393)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
You guys don't deserve based Aromatisse
>>
File: 1484706344614.png (930 KB, 1300x1000)
930 KB
930 KB PNG
>>35356362
>guzzlord on this list
Bad taste.
>>
>>35356362
I want to fuck Jynx
>>
>>35357909
>>35358074
>>35358463
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>35358603
>Celesteela is overdesigned
How? It's literally my mom's Kaguya.
>>
>>35363479
>implying the average 4chin user knows anything about Japanese culture
>>
>>35356380
Not die anon but to rise above
>>
File: 452125.png (198 KB, 1530x145)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>35356362
>>
>>35356362
From least ugly to most ugly

>Celesteela
While the lanky neck looks goofy, the rest is very aesthetic.
>Klinklang
Not ugly, just gears.
>Guzzlord
Pretty scary, but ugly, nice color palette and the kaijuu look works
>Cryognal
Scary and the excess of lines is terrible, but not ugly, just not nice looking.
>Weezing
Nice looking until you realize the 2nd is a horrible tumor.
>Conkeldurr
Veins are ugly bulging like that and both the head tumor and clown lose look ugly, but not horribly so.
>Diggersby
FAT, horrible tumor hand ears, brown is not a nice color specially tied with yellow, pretty bad, but completely awful.
>Slaking
2 things make it look worse than conkeldur, PIG NOSE>CLOWN NOSE is terms of ugliness and the weird hat thing it has looks retarded.
>Jynx
Somewhat ugly, but more disturbing than anything, dot eyes gives psychosis feeling, nigger lips make it worse, weird elbow tumors and the fact is somewhat like a human (dress and hair)
>Garbodor
Eyes (see above) plus that mouth scream eternal pain and its more implied ugly considering its walking garbage, dumb playdoh spots, asymmetrical arms and tube fingers dont help.
>Purugly
Definition of ugly, bad looking white stripes, weird ears with purple spots, ugly wavy whiskers, pig tail that hides the fact is FAT.
>Aromatisse
Pure abomination, i dont even know how to describe its awfulness, doesnt help that it's trying to attractive by imitating a cancan dancer.
>>
from least bad to worst
diggersby
weezing
jynx
slaking
celesteela
purugly
guzzlord
the perfume thing
the snowflake thing
garbodor
conkeldurr

klingklang, the only pokemon i would say i outright hate, is more offensively lazy than it is ugly
>>
>>35356394
>he didnt play gen 5
I envy you anon
>>
>>35356362
Doing "most to least well designed in my opinion" since beauty doesn't really apply to ost
1 Slaking because he fits his theme and looks like a monster sloth
2 Aromatisse because it's a fairy type that actually looks like a fairy insted of just being pink (even though he is)
3 Diggersby because the idea is cool and i like how he looks like an old japanese construction worker
4-6 Purugly Conkeldurr and Jinx, the cat and jinx look like they were rushed and don't appeal to me, conk is just too human, he looks like an old japanese construction worker too, but only like that and nothing else
7 Weezing looks like it was almost a good design but then they got lazy. It kinda works as a mook's mon but that's it
8-10 Cogs Snowflake and Bamboo are just a bunch of cogs, a snowflake and some bamboo. Even your average rookie-Champion digimon is more of a creature than those. At least they aren't ugly per-se, just not what I'd call a monster.
11-12 Literal garbage is in this tier, together with garbodor. They have the same problem as the other tier, without being pleasant to look at. Garbodor looks like a nearly amorphous pile of artist lazyness, and uncle gubzzy looks like my drawings when I was 5.
>>35356374
I have a drunken uncle who's exactly liek this
>>35360217
It's just generic
>>35360292
Lucas the hedgehog, Donuts Steel
>>35364322
that makes us 2
>>
>>35356362
Guzzlord is a wonderful child's horrible drawing with tires for skin, he is a precious boi.
>>
>>35356362
Only ugly one to me is Slaking
>>
>>35356362
Least ugly at the top.
> Klinklang
Fuck me, I just like gears. Could've been better, I admit, but it isn't ugly.
> Celesteela
I fail to actually see a living creature in Celesteela's design. It's no more ugly than a lamp or a bottle.
> Guzzlord
How is this ugly? It's alien, bizarre, and has that scary infinite throat, but that just makes it cool.
> Purugly
Ironic, innit? It's just a fat cat. Not exactly cute, though.
> Weezing
Being disgusting is kinda the point, here. And it wouldn't be so gross without its head-tumor thing.
> Garbodor
It... it's just trash, dude. I'm not about to kiss it, but it isn't ugly. Its face would be fine on a shark or something.
> Slaking
Here, we start running into problems. I'm not a fan of having Pokémon that remind me of my dad so much. I can't shake the feeling that this thing's always a bit sweaty and smelly.
> Aromatisse
Fat and awkward, but at least it looks kinda fuzzy and soft.
> Conkeldurr
Fuckin' christ, look at that face. That is not the face of a respectable Pokémon. The fuck is that nose? Fuck this.
> Diggersby
It's ugly like Conks, awkward like Aromatisse, and dirty like nothing else. And it's happy about these things. Why is it happy. Fuck you, Diggersby. You don't deserve happiness.
> Cryogonal
> HUR DURR I AM LE ANGERY ICE CUBE AND YOU WILL BE SCARED OF ME
Fuck permanently-angry-faced 'mons. This thing, Darmanitan, the like.
> Jynx
Which graphic designer thought it'd be a good idea to outline them Pokétits? And the lips don't help. It's basically The Thot Pokémon. And thots are uglier than garbage.
>>
>>35356362
Three of those aren’t Pokemon.
>>
>>35358016
>UBS
>not all cancer
The day they start hucking 30 legends into a game at a time is a sign of the series demise and it’s already happened.
>>
>>35361883
fuck off Seviper
>>
>>35363361
ugly fat MLP Bratz petz shit
>>
>>35356362
>garbodor
bro trashmon that compliments my crustpunk aesthetic
fuck off with your shit taste, op.
>>
>>35356362
I dont find celeseteela ugly
>>
Pokémon that aren’t gender neutral looking are cancer eg Mr Mime, Jynx, Delphox, Primarina. Furries are a whole other, unrelated cancer though.
>>
Slaking
>I don’t see anything wrong with the design.
Klinklang
>it’s not bad on its own,but it’s just a really lazy design
Celesteela
>gives me alien vibes,but cute at the same time
Guzzlord
>cool and badass
Weezing
>like koffing better,but it’s okay
Jynx
>odd design,not pretty but looks fun
Purrugly
>just a fat cat
Cryonagal
>I don’t even remember this pokemon exists
Garbodor
>the concept is not bad,but trubbish did that better
Conkeldurr
>not cool enough to be another machamp
Diggersby
>ugly,but at least it looks like a pokemon and interesting
Aromatisse
>ugly design.Should have made it a plague doctor instead
Crabominable
>GAMEFREAK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
>>
File: love.png (165 KB, 600x450)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>35356362
Celesteela (one of my fav pokemon of all)
Aromatisse (used to be my fav in gen6)
Garbodor
Klinklang
Weezing
Guzzlord
Purugly (one of my fav on gen4)
Diggersby
Cryogonal
Conkeldurr
Jynx
>>
>>35356362

>Celesteela
Legitimately not ugly at all. Adorable giant waifu.

>Guzzlord
Not really ugly, just odd looking. It actually looks kind of cool.

>Weezing
Might just be biased since James/Kojiro has always been my favorite, but Weezing is also cool.

>Garbodor
Literally designed to be trash, and it pulls it off perfectly. Likeable in an ugly-cute way.

>Purugly
This one grew on me over time. An ugly fat-cat. Like Garbodor it was designed to be ugly, in a good way.

>Klinklang
It's just gears. How pretty or ugly are gears? Not a cool monster based off an object like Garbodor. It's literally JUST GEARS.

>Diggersby
This one is also designed to be ugly in a good way, but just not a way that appeals to me at all.

>Aromatisse
Say what you want about Pokemon X/Y, but its designs were overall great. A good example of quality over quantity. Pokemon X/Y really only had a few bad designs. This is one of them.

>Jynx
This has been one of the poster-girls of bad designs since Gen 1. What is this even supposed to be? Was ANYONE supposed to find this appealing?

>Cryogonal
THIS is the best you can come up with for an Ice type based off a snowflake? You literally just take an ordinary snowflake, give it an ugly angry face, and call it a fucking Pokemon?

>Conkeldurr
God this thing is hideous. Ugly ass face, random ball on the top of its head, literally a clown nose, horribly misshapen body filled with these ugly pink veins.

>Slaking
There's just fucking something about Slaking. That hideous smug face, that ridiculous bright pink nose, and that goddamn lazy pose. Something this fucking disgusting looking has no right to be acting so smug. I just want to fucking run over this thing with a truck, it pisses me off beyond reason.
>>
>>35361668
i too am sick of that fan edit. it's absolute garbage. nice to see another person that appreciates crabominable the way it is.
>>
>>35358615
>>35363479
Eh, all of the layering and shit make the design just over the edge for me in terms of complication.
>>
>>35365451
I can agree to this with the exception of maybe nidos and things like combee and vespiqueen that are kinda cool.
>>
>>35365405
nice
>>
>>35356362
>Not ugly tier
Cryogonal
Celesteela
Guzzlord

>Ugly (and that's a good thing) tier
Weezing
Slaking
Conkeldurr

>I get it but honestly we'd be better off if they didn't exist tier
Jynx
Garbodor

>Ugly tier
Diggersby
Aromatisse
Purugly

>It's just bland tier
Klinkang

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.