[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 123.png (128 KB, 475x475)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
GF wants to participate in eSports events, but can't handle all the hacked/genned mons out there.

And yes, hackers have an advantage!
>>
>>35360703
They'd have to buff all the shitmons first.
>>
eSports were a mistake.
>>
>>35360703
GF is so fucking incompetent. If you want to push
the eSport/competitive side of your game and hacking is the most accessible way to get into it, your design is wrong.
>>
Stop making these shit threads
>>
>>35360703
you posted the same shit a week ago and most of the replies disagreed with you. Fuck off dumbass.
>>
>>35360858
They were wrong.
>>
File: 0UjJ7o2.gif (1.29 MB, 195x229)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>35360842
>the problem is the design not who hacks
>>
Hackers and regular players have the same pokemon. Ive breed plenty of 6iv pokemon in gen 7, it just takes more time. In the end the pokemon are still the same genned or not
>>
>>35360900
Getting a 5 or 6 iv breedable is easy.
But try getting a legendary with a specific hidden power type and highest possible IV's and then claim that the hackers have no advantage.
>>
Well i help a litle the breed scene by wonder trade shiny Modest/TImid/Admant/Jolly 6iv Dittos.
>>
>>35360918
The only advantage they have is legends, but it doesnt really matter if you can actually play the game. Dont fuck with threats
>>
>>35360884
It's their fault for making hacking preferable than breeding
Make a tutor that teaches egg moves if you have the proper Pokemon in the party (Flygon and scizor in the same party to teach scizor defog, etc)
Hidden power 'type changer' whether through a npc or key item, it doesn't matter
Ivs have been fixed 'enough' for people to actually bother, though it'll be a while for people to realize that
>>
>>35360918
So if I genned a team of Charizard/Venusaur/Torkoal/Tangrowth/Blissey/Incineroar and used it in vgc, you'd be fine with it if it was all legal sets?
>>
>>35360703
>And yes, hackers have the advantage!
Eh, debatable, more likely tho is you’re probably just not very good at this game. Now can we please have a moratorium on the wahh hacking threads? Yall sound like the kid who gets picked last then leaves with the ball.
>>
>>35360971
yes, so long as it had legal IVs, EVs and movesets
>>
>>35360962
Honestly, unironically this. Building a team in pkhex while doing calcs, coming up with sets, spreads, etc is way more fun to me than riding Tauros ad infinitum.
>>
>>35360703
Fuck off Verlis and go back to fapping to that new Mythical mon
>>
>>35360971
why wouldn’t anyone who isn’t a stick in the mud be alright with that lmao
>>
>>35360962
>It's their fault for making hacking preferable than breeding
Hacking are preferable for many people in other games too, so you're point is still nothing.
You can criticize the game, but you can't blame the designer if there are people who doesn't want to play as intended, because when you buy a product like this, you have to use it following the EULA. If you don't like that part of the game, then don't buy it, or don't play over that. It's simple. If you cheat, whatever will be your reason, you will be always legally wrong, nothing else to say.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (721 KB, 835x643)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>people are unironically replying to a verlis thread
>>
>>35361023
So I shouldn't play something I enjoy (competitive) because I despise breeding/fighting legendaries for hours just to get the perfect Pokemon, and just trading for the right mon is as bad as hacking because all those Pokemon are genned anyways
Gotcha
>>
>>35360884
>hey, people are injecting Pokèmon in our games
>we should make it easier for them to obtain competitive Pokèmon
>let them catch 5 4 perfect IV Dittos, get Destiny Knot and Everstone and let them play egg hatching simulator.
>let legendaries have at least 3 perfect IVs
The thing that triggers me is that they know what players want, but refuse to do it. That's why it's their fault if players inject.
They could fix ALL the problems they have by:
-putting an NPC that changes Nature
-changing hidden power to be random type and put an NPC that changes it
-implementing -1 caps for trick room teams and let all the caps be easier to get
-putting an NPC that teaches egg moves
Done.

>>35361023
Name me one competitive game that has cheaters or Pro Players at the top of its ladder that isn't Pokèmon.
>>
>>35361179
Speak for yourself, i don't want an easier way, i want that everyone takes the hard way like me.
>>
>>35361104
Exactly, also the genned pokémon in the trading system is also a fault of who cheats, because they're the one who corrupt the entire system.

>>35361179
The thing you said, has no really sense in terms of how the pokémon world is build. You can't just put an npc which change the nature of a pokémon, you have to contextualize him. The same applies to the others. They refuse to do it, because they don't want to leave the breeding system, or simplify it too much. Because then the trading system and pokébank would be useless if everybody can easily get their pokémon.
>Name me one competitive game that has cheaters or Pro Players at the top of its ladder that isn't Pokèmon.
I don't understand what you mean by this, or maybe you didn't understand what i was meaning before. Because i can say "CSGO" or even League of Legends, has or can have cheaters, even if they are considered competitive games. Even osu! has cheaters especially with the autospin.
>>
>>35361332
You are right. GF refuses to do certain things, it's their choice and they can do whatever they want, but the RNG with both the breeding system and the legendaries is obnoxious. It is solely based on luck and time consuming.
They can find a way to contextualize those NPCs, I don't think it's a problem.
I disagree with your points on the trading and bank system. People would still pay for Bank to transfer their Pokèmon for whatever reason and trading is just fun.
The point I was trying to express regarding competitive is that Pokèmon is the only game in which cheaters can and are the top players. In League of Legends and FPS you can script, but that doesn't mean that you'll be automatically better at the game. In fact, top players shit on whoever scripts in their match because they know how to play.

>>35361221
Understandable.
>>
>>35361513
I agree with the fact that they have to improve the breeding system, this is one of the reason why i don't play the game but i prefer showdown, but i don't know how they could make it less based on luck, because the grinding system is part of a lot of rpg games, and it is based on luck or playing it a lot in some case.
I don't think what fun can you gather by trading an easy pokémon to obtain another easy pokémon, but it's still subjective that term, indeed i wasn't talking about it, but the value of the pokémon you trade in that case. Indeed the bank could lose a lot of customers, because people doesn't need to deposit an easy obtainable pokémon, they could prefer doing that with something harder to get, so they can transfer it in the next generations. It depends a lot of how easy you want the breeding system become.
>Pokèmon is the only game in which cheaters can and are the top players
Of course, they have a time advantage on other player, you could agree on that or not, nevertheless they can easily change their team whenever they want, without any problem and time spent, while there are people who actually spent time on playing the game as intended.
In csgo it happened that pro-player got vacbanned during official tournaments.
>In fact, top players shit on whoever scripts in their match because they know how to play.
Not really, it depends on how he is cheating and what advantage he has. If he has only the wall-hack, then you can easy kill him if you are more skilled and he can't aim pretty well, but if he has aimbot, there becomes more difficult.
>>
Hacking in a childs game is weak. Play it the way intended or fucking kys
>>
>>35361688
There is a difference between grinding and what the breeding system is, grinding is the short part of the whole thing where you boost your Pokemon up to level 100, breeding is an annoying rng riddled mini game where you throw yourself at it until you eventually 'win'

Easy ways to fix everything has already been mentioned:
Make hidden power unrelated to IVs and giving the hp npc more of a purpose by giving a choice to change the hp's type instead of standing there, smiling and saying 'better luck next time'
Make a new tutor that gives egg moves to Pokemon if you have the right Pokemon in your party
Make a minigame to change your pokemon's nature

I want to be able to catch a Pokemon and be happy that I can actually use it in a battle against someone competent, not rely on sir Cuddlesworth the CXXIII
>>
>>35361739
>a childs game
a guess being an adult playing pokemon is weak and anyone who does it should also kill themselves too
>>
>>35361801
Yah you can still like children's game. That's natural but cheating to get an upper hand in a multiplayer game is vile.
>>
>>35361332
>Because then the trading system and pokébank would be useless if everybody can easily get their pokémon.
its funny but this why i barely breed. i just collect and horde other peoples breedjects.
>>
The way they designed it is stupid. Just like how Nintendo set up the ticket system in the e-shop and how hacked devices can download straight from their systems without getting caught.
>>
>>35361688
>they can easily change their team whenever they want, without any problem and time spent
That's what I mean. People already use hacking tools and GF kinda punishes people who don't because they refuse to add those simple quality-of-life changes. That's why I think they are incompetent. They want to push competitive, but make breeding and catching legendaries a roulette. That's not how you design around competitive.
I hope they get their shit together, otherwise they'll never be able to make a healthy eSport environment.
>>
>implying no other esport suffers from hacking
>>
>>35361772
Not really, breeding is actually grinding, because you're doing the same action over and over again unless you get your flawless pokémon. You do the same thing in other games to get your "rare drop" or "high level drop". Maybe i'm wrong here, but etimologically i think they're the same thing.

Those solutions doesn't really can work, i mean ok in this way you can let be hidden power more useful and used, but these coverege moves are only shown on smogon, so i think that this move wasn't planned to work like that but just being a gimmick to let see you how many IVs your pokémon have, i don't think they're approved as a balanced move in gamefreak's mind. We will see that in the next generations.
The nature change minigame sounds pretty stupid, i mean i don't really know how they could contextualize something like that. Maybe something that affects the hatching egg and not the already born/trained pokémon, would be better. I'm thinking at pokémon ability, item or something like o-powers/roto-loto that can increase the odds to obtain the nature you want on the hatching egg. Again, i think something like this could be in the next generations, who knows. But i don't think they would make breeding and grinding a lot easier, i think more like they will put more effort into finding genned pokémon, or trying to avoid them.
>>
>>35362014
>that's not how you design around competitive.
That's neither justify your usage of cheated pokémon, because you're first of all breaking the rules, and then taking an advantage on the others.
This because as i already said, you can criticize their design as you like, but you can't blame them for the people who cheats, the one who are breaking the rules are them, not the designer. This is not how the law works. Actually if there weren't cheaters, the competitive scenario could be really better, with players who really put effort into building their team, instead of click 2 times on a pc.
>>
>>35362120
That's farming, not grinding
>>
>>35362172
Cheaters cheat by bypassing the bullshit RNG grind Pokemon forces on all its players if they want Pokemon worth using.

If we criticize this hard enough, the RNG grind will be removed, Super Training will be brought back and EV-resetters and IV-boosters/reducers will be added, and an NPC to change a Pokemon's nature will be added. They fixed Star Wars Battlefront after people criticized it hard enough after all.

Then the only reason to cheat will be actual laziness and shinylust.
>>
>>35362215
Grinding and farming are actually the same thing, or at least farming is a part of the grinding. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_(gaming)
>>
>>35362240
It took me 4 different shiny froakie before I got a 5 iv protean timid one. I worked hard for it and it truly belongs in my team. The grind is what make competitive pokemon all the more rewarding. I agree anon.
>>
>>35362120
I would imagine a nature changing mini game/tutor/whatever would be acting or theatre related

Sure, hidden power might not have originally been meant to do much, but it's almost been two decades since it was first introduced, they can do something more to it and it already has an npc dedicated to it that they can build off of
>>
>>35362240
Criticizing =/= cheating
If you want to protest, then don't buy the game, instead of buying it and ruining the experience of the other people or mechanics like the trades just because you don't like it. This is acting like a child.
>>
>>35362120
>hidden power
>only shown on smogon, so i think that this move wasn't planned to work like that but just being a gimmick to let see you how many IVs your pokémon have, i don't think they're approved as a balanced move in gamefreak's mind.
hidden power got nerfed in gen6, that was an attempt to balance the move, of course gamefreak acknowledges the moves usage. And to say it only exists on smogon movesets shows just how absolutely clueless you are. Do you even play any form of competitive or do you just breed all day?
>>
>>35360962
I'd rather keep the egg move, nature, and ability systems as is and just fucking demolish ivs. Make each new egg have all the perfect ivs of the parents, plus one new perfect IV. Nobody is attached to the iv system, it's absolute shit.
>>
>>35360703
>>35360918
if hackers are at an advantage in a competition of battling skills and need to be banned then you need to also ban everyone that got traded their pokemon and didn't catch/breed/train those pokemon that their using themselves too
>>
>>35361739
Aren't breedies technically abusing a system that isn't ever described in-game to the degree it's being exploited? I don't think GF had originally intended on turbo-autists exploiting their game to hell and back for any advantage they could squeeze out.
>>
>>35363032
i think a lot of casual players are put off by breeding in general but i think most can get their heads around it. You completely loose them when trying to explain ivs. Breeding for them is just a chore too, its not rewarding or fun and its a whole bunch of unnecessary hurdles that are preventing them from doing what they actually want to do which is battle.
Thats probably the biggest reason other than cost that vgc attendance is so pathetically low despite the numbers of people that actually play the game
>>
File: Marina just.png (543 KB, 463x596)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>GF want to get into esports
>can't even be assed to balance their broken mess like most other esports games
>>
>>35363159
IVs are pretty much meaningless now, the only problems for breeding right now are natures and hidden power
>>
>>35363159
>>35363220

>have a pokemon trainer school in every game
>doesn't have specific classes that explain all the hidden junk that most people have to learn from online sources

It's not that dang hard to explain flame body/magma armor speeds up egg hatching, giving a pokemon a everstone lets it pass down that paren'ts nature, destiny knot gives a higher chance of passing down better genes. Then there's the secondary effects of many abilities in the overworld that they never freaking mention.
>>
>>35362290
First of all i'm no hacker, but how much time you put into this?
>>
>>35363173
Pokemon is not broken, it's just hard to balance more than 800 possibilities
>>
>>35360703
Hacking is the reason smogon has weird rules.
>>
>>35364761
You're retarded
>>
>>35364768
no u
>>
>>35364751
>some pokemon have 600 BST while others barely have 500
>some pokemon learns a shit ton of moves (usually those with high BST) while others don't even learn their STAB
Its not hard, GF is just lazy
>>
>>35364783
Some pokemon are just meant to be shit, balancing has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>35360703
>And yes, hackers have an advantage!

They don't have an in-battle advantage and that's all Gamefreak or anyone with common sense cares about. Eat shit, breedfag.
>>
>>35362988
Hidden power is always been a move which its type depends on how many ivs your pokémon have, with a max of 31 iv for each stats, it becomes dark type. So every flawless pokémon in the competitive scenario has a dark type hidden power if they would have that move. In smogon you can use whatever type of hidden power you want regardless of the ivs you give to the pokémon. This is why you see it more in smogon than on console.
>>35363085
We explain a lot of time why this is a bullshit you retard. Just learn to read and how things works. If you want a well-breeded pokémon you are supposed to give another well-breeded one or a legendery with the nature and iv he wants, unless he is you're friend or an extremely genous person. So in this case, you're even use an in-game mechanic, so nothing illegal. The problem there is that most of the pokémon you see in the trade may be genned.
>>35364893
>i care more about it so everybody with a common sense do it!!!
It doesn't work in that way you know. Gf doens't nothing not because they don't care, but because they can't do anything now.
>>
>>35365124
>So in this case, you're even use an in-game mechanic, so nothing illegal
exactly, they've done nothing illegal and yet they didn't need to do any breeding to acquire a battle worthy team, are they at an "unfair" advantage though like you say hackers are? Should they also be dealt with in the same way?
>>
>>35365245
You cherry-picked one part of my whole comment. I already said why this is not a time-advantage, because you don't trade things without giving nothing of value.
>>
>>35364857
I'm not into the competitive side of any game, but isn't "balance" supposed to mean that ANY given character has the potential to be used?
>>
>>35360703
Hackers and breeders have the exact same mons. The only "cheating" happening is bypassing a time consuming and needlessly luck-based process to getting a usable team.
>>
>>35365124
>In smogon you can use whatever type of hidden power you want regardless of the ivs you give to the pokémon.
Blatant trolling or completely fucking braindead. Pick one.
>>
>>35364857
Not him but shit like MegaZard, Mega Maw, MegaGross and MegaMence are just unacceptable from a balance standpoint. It's one thing to have a Pokemon be shit, since everyone Pokemon having a really nice stat spread would break the ingame balance, but when you make Pokemon with stats so high while also giving them good movepools and typings, you're basically putting anyone who doesn't use them at an automatic disadvantage while also widening the gap between Pokemon that used to be half decent and genuine broken mons.
When something as powerful as Scizor has fallen to UU you know there's an issue.
>>
>>35365352
>your team is valid for gen7 ou
>bisharp 31 iv at each stats with hidden power dragon
I think you're mentally retarded
>>
>>35365410
Post the screenshot of the ivs
>>
>>35365435
>>
>>35365443
Anon, you know Smogon isn't just showdown, right?
>>
>>35365410
Showdown automically adjusts the ivs. Go take a look you retard
And smogon is just a community made tier system. Showdown is just a simulator
Neither one is injecting hacked pokemon into anyones games.
>>
>>35360884
>Hide all the stats in shame about stats
> Obscure it more by hiding all the moves and breeding options
>Add more hidden stats

All they needed to do is have poke gear skill training able to raise a perfect Mon from anything and it would remove almost all the hacks.
>>
>>35363141
To implement a system where some pokemon are flat out better than others of the same species, and not expect people to want the better ones is more autistic than people exploiting said system.
>>
>>35365410
>HP Dragon on a Steel type
Why?
>>
File: 6897890789689.jpg (362 KB, 808x706)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>35365443
you can fuck right off with your bullshit
you just typed the 31 iv back in before you took the screenshot
anybody can check you absolute retard. who do you honestly think you're going to fool?
>>
>>35365453
Showdown is based on smogon, so i thought that were some smogon rule or something, but now i try to validate a team with vgc rule and it say the same thing. So now i think it's a showdown issuw, dunno if other simulators do the same thing.
Are there any other simulator with the smogon rules?
>>
Gf loves to half do things.
It is like this since fucking Masuda is the head.
They are probably evaluating a nature changer npc since gen iv, who knows why they are still holding it.
>>
File: samestats.png (544 KB, 634x986)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
>>35365508
Sure.
>>
File: fire.png (55 KB, 258x190)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>35365355
Don't forget that GF tried to bandage the issue by letting all pokemon have access to Z-move. Too bad it only made the already good pokemon even better while doing squat for most of the weak pokemon.
>>
>>35365472
>automatically adjust ivs
I think it does when you select just special moves or by then nature you select. Indeed look at the picture here what happens.>>35365563
>>
>>35360703
>GF wants to participate in eSports events
Source?
>>
>>35365540
They're trying to come of up with a arbitrary way of making it a chore to actually use like how hyper training requires level 100 to work despite every official format rounding down levels to 50.

Like you can only change natures with a certain item, on certain days, at a certain time, and it only works once a week because the NPC needs a while to recover their power or whatever
>>
>>35365589
source: Dude trust me
>>
isn't vgc attendance constantly falling?
>>
>>35366870
Back in the day The Pokemon Company made a tournament called Journey Across America that was basically pre-VGC. Game Freak (the developer) has never had anything to do with VGC, though they acknowledge it exists from time to time.
>>
>>35367702
That's not entirely true, i saw in IGN and Gamespot that GF is making moves to put Pokemon in the next EVO or something similar.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.