[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Gen 7.5.jpg (828 KB, 2039x1378)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
Could this be the norm now? No more new generations, just a handful of new Pokemon every now and then?
>>
would be fine if it were more like 20-30 new ones each game
>>
god I love that stupid ass clown orb
>>
>>35567726
I would actually be fine with new Pokemon every game rather than the start of each generation, but it has to be at least 60 per game for me to care.
>>
>More regional variant for already existing Pokemon
Please
>>
>>35567726
Long term? I doubt it. New designs are marketable and S/M really did introduce a lot of new fan favorites that even normies seem to enjoy. I honestly don't know if we'll get anything new in Let's Go but I do expect if we dont to get a more traditional Generation 8 experience down the line.
>>
They should just focus on fixing the core aspects of the game and add a few pokemon (like UB's) here and there. If they can find a way to reinvent the base game then I wouldn't mind a game with little-to-no new pokemon.
>>
No more furry b8; Lucario/Zoroark/Lycanrock
No more new regional bird, rodent, etc.
No more legendaries.
Just new, interesting Pokemon only that aren't the above.
>>
>>35567726
That would steadily get annoying if everything was still the same 'gen' and you have constant software updates to account for the newly released pokemon.

There does need to be an actual new generation every so often just so they can have a solid marker, even if it is basically just new starters and a handful of legendaries.

If they do go this route though, I hope it isn't constantly just new mythical and legendary pokemon. Toss in some new evolutions or standalone lines rather than just new gift pokemon.
>>
>>35567726
Generations are not an official classification, so I guess it depends on if the definition of generation gets deprecated or just changes over time.
>>
>>35567726
>fear mongering this hard just for attention
>>
>>35567726
Let's Go will definitely omit the mythicals to avoid data mining, and add them with free updates later on. If they have any new Pokemon at all that is
>>
>>35567726
GF did express how they don't like pokemon hitting the 1k mark as there would be too much.
>>
>>35568532
Sounds like a good time for Gamefreak to start retconning undesired pokemon out of existence.
>>
>>35567726
if you call this pile of ultra crap "Pokémon" then yes, maybe
>>
>>35568567
How do you decide?
>>
>>35568578
Look at the super massive official polls. Any that hits bottom 100 will be deleted along with any pokemon in their evolutionary line.
>>
>>35568594
Say bye bye, Decidueye!
>>
>>35568600
>Decidueye
>bottom 100 on the latest super poll
The absolute state of retards like you who can't comprehend basic reading.
>>
>>35568594
That sounds like it could easily turn into a slippery slope
>>
>>35567726
If it is i would stop playing them.
>>
>>35568608
Only for retards who enjoy unpopular and hated pokemon.
>>
you know the most obvious tell that this is fake?
the fucking pokemon logo is covered
they dont do that.
>>
>>35568624
If someone thought you were unpopular and hated, would it be okay to kill you?
>>
>>35568567
or just make more regional variants and (even though its never happening) megas.
>>
>>35567758
>60
uhh... that's practically a whole generation nowadays
>>
>>35568652
>comparing real people to lifeless and soulless data
Holy shit. The absolute state of (You)
>>
>>35567726
>>35567726
I don’t understand how this is even a bad thing. We’re close to 1000 now. Enough is enough. I’m fine with just new mega designs every gen now
>>
>>35568063
YES they are you fucking mongoloid stop spreading lies and go read the back of your DP game box; it's right there the term "generation" just like we use it here.
>>
>>35567726
We're never getting a gen 5 situation ever again are we?
>>
>>35568672
What? It's the same basic reasoning.
>>
>>35568678
They're never going to be able to make 150 new Pokemon in just a year.
>>
>>35568680
Not even remotely, manchild. If you care that much about digital monsters in a franchise for children, you should probably go to a mental institute and get yourself incarcerated for the rest of your life so that no lives will ever be at risk with a murder-obsessed psychopath such as you around.
>>
>>35568703
xD
>>
>>35567766
> New designs are marketable and S/M really did introduce a lot of new fan favorites
like...
>>
>>35568677
>REEEEEEEEEE

You need to learn to stop caring. Just play and relax. The future is now old man
>>
>>35568532
Stop saying this bullshit Joe.
>>
File: NcIysRC.jpg (495 KB, 1536x2048)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
Shouldn't it be
>New Region = New Gen
>No new region but a few new Pokemon = .5 Gen
>>
>>35568902
Decidueye and Inceneroar come to mind. You faggots made billions of threads about em. There's also Alolan Vulpix, Mimikyu, Lycanroc coutnless waifunons and Silvally. The UBs were also particularly well received.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.