[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: goodlookinggames.jpg (16 KB, 299x169)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
why are people freaking out over the treehouse footage and acting like these games are definitely gonna be bad and the franchise is ruined? I thought the footage looked comfy and the following mons are really cute. this seems like a fun, casual experience while waiting for gen 8
>>
because retards here are a reactionary bunch and anything that doesn't strictly suck their cock is immediately bad.
>>
>>35890976
I'd be fine with a casual experience but this is just TOO casual.
>>
>>35890993
this entire game is about sucking your cock and making everything as effortless as possible though
>>
The game looks like ass. The overworld is tiny, the lighting is bad. The same godawful overworld human animations from gen 7 have been recycled. Battle mechanics have been simplified almost to a point of battles being pointless. And Mew is locked behind and $45 paywall.
Casual games aren't inherently bad, but this is a $60 dumpster fire any way you look at it.
>>
>>35891000
>the overworld is tiny
it's an exact replica of kanto
>>
>>35890998
>Everything as effortless as possible
>go catching and first gym is a tutorial
>everything else is the same
>>
>>35890976
I'm not even mad about the handholding. All I think is that the games look awful. I've seen f2p chinese bootleg pokemon games with similar graphics and deeper mechanics.

The only difference between those and lgpe is that lgpe will be a $60 game for a $300 console. It's just outrageous.
>>
>>35891031
>trainer levels and no. of mons on teams have been dropped way down
>"rival" will give you free stuff at every town you visit
>everything else is the same
at least watch the fucking treehouse footage before talking out of your ass
>>
>>35891046
the treehouse footage was only the first area.
>>
>>35890976
You sound incredibly underage, or a shit eating fanboy/crack addict in denial.
>>
>>35890976
> Comfy

Is this word an apologist battlecry.
>>
File: MarioSuperShow.png (156 KB, 433x344)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>35891057
>they only made the changes to the starting area, surely the rest of the game will be exactly like it was before
>>
>>35890976
I agree. The games look like they’ll just be really chill, and will be fun to play while waiting on the new core games. Everyone here is just entitled as fuck and they get triggered when they don’t like what they see
>>
File: 1357014394735.png (239 KB, 500x360)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
It was good anons.
>>
>>35891068
>They made the first area easy
>The entire game is gonna be watered down and radically changed
>>
>>35891076
t. has no concept of pattern recognition
>>
I am gonna miss you all.
>>
if you didn't like go at all, why would you be invested in this game enough to hate it? I don't understand the priorities of people here
it's like flipping out over pokepark because it was a child-friendly game
>>
>>35891082
Game freak considers it canon as equivalent to any remake.
>>
>>35891078
> Inb4 "'muh patterns'"
>>
>>35891089
source: my ass
>>
>>35891067
I was expecting

>"B-but it's comfy"

to be the first reply but it looks like /vp/ is slipping lately.
>>
>>35891089
what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>35891097
One anon posted a link, but I wasn't bothered to save it.
>>
>>35891123
The I am gonna miss you all means I am leaving, the raichu pic means I am done too.
>It was good, as in it is finally over. The ride ended.
>>
>>35891123
not being outraged =/= shill
I encourage people not to buy this if they are only interested in pokemon for the battling
>>
>>35891123
>hurr durr it's shill because newcomers aren't welcome in muh sikrit elite game club hurrr hurrr
>>
>>35891009
Which was designed for a tiny game boy screen with limited cartridge space. Kanto is outdated as fuck as it stands, a 1:1 port to the switch is terrible.
>>
>>35891818
makes sense though, if they're looking for something to keep relevant/in the public eye while they work on Gen VIII. Hell, it's why most of Ninty's WiiU offerings got ported to Switch, to keep those waiting on the true Switch experiences of those franchises happy with something that feels different enough to be new, till something actually new comes along.
>>
>>35890976
There were aspects I liked and aspects I hated. If the games were designed for kids the age we were when we were introduced then I'd be absolutely fucking insulted.
> + The battle scene is slightly better than USUM
> - This is pathetic going from the 3DS to a "Home" console
> + Seeing the pokemon you're looking for in the field is cool as hell
> - Would've liked it more if the pokemon actively attempted to avoid your advances which shifted into an actual catching scene
> + You need a specific required type to challenge the Gym Leader
> - I could see this being redeemable later on as trials by light [Could only use Pikachu in Battle] [You must not bring a Pokemon over Lv15 ] -- We know this isn't happening

What happens after the Elite Four? Is it Cerulean Cave again? The game just ends? We bringing back Gen1 Pokemon PvP with Special Split, Types Added, and no Hold Items or Abilities?
>>
>>35891941
Storyline is new and Mewtwo has some relevance to it this time out. Beyond that, I don't know what's going on yet, it hasn't been talked about much yet.
>>
>>35891031
>shitposting for years about the tutorials needing to be shorter
>tutorial now is all the way to pewter gym
>>
>>35890976
Translation:
"I like being fucked in the ass."
>>
>>35891123
Probably not even shills, more likely just drones doing it for free without even being told to. Game Freak has these people eating out of their hand.
>>
>>35891082
Pokepark is a good game I haven't seen a complaint about it.
>>
>>35890976
I don't care about Go series and IMO games are 0/10 and complete shit. But they seem like mediocore games for kids and something I would play when I was 12. Before and after the class catch some pokemon and fight some trainers with my friends/cousins etc. But for most fans of mainline series those games do look like shit and I guess some fans would prefer GF to focus on something else, like Mistery Dungeon or whatever. I'll just wait for gen 8 and ignore Let's Go and no be bothered by it.
>>
>masuda say he wants to unify the fanbase
>somehow I have to expect this shit wont influence the future of the franchise
I'm fine with playing with kids, they are young and can always learn, but no way in hell I'm going to play with a retarded 20+ year old goshitter that can't even beat a kids game and needs to ruin competitive play and postgame just to be able to get to beat the league.
>>
File: IMG_5671.png (79 KB, 305x220)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>35891941
>needing to bring a type advantage to a gym leader or the won't let you in is a positive
?
>>
>>35890976
All pokemon games are casual. You can beat them at 5 years old. This is even easier somehow. It's just a shittier version of FRLG and even RBY since RBY had higher level trainers, wild battles, and let you fight gyms with whatever teams you want. There's no reason to play this game over FRLG or even RBY.
>>
>>35893516
he sees it as a positive because it forces you to use specific types (e.g. you'd be locked out of your current overleveled starter if it doesn't match the required type)
The thing with that logic is that it's wrong because you only need to have said type in your party. You can use whatever you want so long as x type is in your party. Also, it's only for Brock's gym since the text says it's for people who have never challenged a gym before.
TLDR it's a bad handholding gym tutorial that uses Pewter gymas the guinea pig for it
>>
>>35890976
>definitely going to be bad
Because the game is practically done and it looks bad.
>franchise is ruined
It will sell well and eventually erode the main series.
>>
File: 1483778694125.jpg (148 KB, 600x750)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>/vp/ want overworld mons following the trainer
>/vp/ gets overworld mons following the trainer
>/vp/ hates it
>>
>>35895068
Maybe because that's only one piece of the pie, you absolute retard?
>>
File: 1528606670050 - Copy.jpg (92 KB, 986x950)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>35890976
>>
It looks cheap? I dunno, like a phone game, it has that look.
>>
>>35895745
whats wrong otherwise?
>>
>>35895786
>no wild battles, instead you get exp through motion control gimmick
>exp is shared with all party members like the Exp Share, and it can't be turned off
>no held items, no abilities
>trainers have less Pokemon with lower levels
>free items for beating trainers
>Mew is behind a $50 paywall
>lazy overworld design
>>
>>35895835
>no wild battles, instead you get exp through motion control gimmick
I used repell anyway

>exp is shared with all party members like the Exp Share, and it can't be turned off
>implying you ever turned off exp share

>no held items, no abilities
please direct me to the source that confirms this

>trainers have less Pokemon with lower levels
fair point, but maybe the leveling curve is just different.

>free items for beating trainers
so much worse than items laying around the overworld where you have to press a to get them. you also seem to forget that getting items from beating trainers was already a thing before.

>Mew is behind a $50 paywall
I'm sure this will not be the only mew distributed. Back then if you wanted a mew some had to travel to the opposite end of the world to get one. No one complained.

>lazy overworld design
elaborate.
>>
>>35895997
>laying
sorry, I only realised how wrong that looked once posted. I'm sure you still know what I mean.
>>
>>35895997
>I used repell anyway
I don't care.
>>implying you ever turned off exp share
>implying I didn't
>please direct me to the source that confirms this
The ample gameplay footage on YouTube.
>so much worse than items laying around the overworld where you have to press a to get them.
Except those are still there, in addition to free items from trainers.
> you also seem to forget that getting items from beating trainers was already a thing before.
You didn't get multiple items like 3 pokeballs or potions every time, though.
>I'm sure this will not be the only mew distributed.
Post your source.
>lazy overworld design
It's not a remake of Yellow, only inspired by it, yet it uses the same blocky cut-paste design philosophy that the originals had because of a limitation of hardware. Pokemon in the overworld is pointless also due to constrained space.
>>
>>35896017
I don't care. aayyyyyyyyyyy lmaao nice discussion bud. hang yourself.
>>
>>35896053
I don't care that you used repel. That's literally neither here nor there.
>>
>>35896059
most of your points are either assumptions that haven't been confirmed anywhere or straight up non factors.
>>
>pander to genwunners even harder than FR/LG
>casualized GO tie in mechanics
They know their audience.
>>
>>35896070
Since you didn't actually point to a point, I'll just say no they aren't.
>>
File: 9a694d3d98.jpg (24 KB, 291x223)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>35896070
There is no option to give your pokemon an item, therefore it serves as evidence that held items do not exist. Evolutionary items still do, however.
No ability is shown in the pokemon summary screen and no visible indication that the summary screen has additional tabs
>>
File: 171aff4e4b.jpg (22 KB, 563x99)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>35895997
Also, level curving is not different. Your team is level 18 around nugget bridge where you face the 1st trainer who has a single lv9 venonat. You become morbidly overleveled while trainers are dumbed down in both number of pokemon and pokemon levels.
>no held items and abilities
see>>>35896116
also pic related supports implication of being unable to turn off exp share
>lazy overworld
It's a 1:1 copypasta of yellow and it even kept the square design and small size of areas (HD ORAS graphics basically)
>>
>>35891076
We've already seems,sections past that with equally underleveled mons though
>>
File: 1527881356803.png (109 KB, 491x267)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>35890976
So as a fan of the series the game looks wack. But for someone like my boyfriend who plays pokemon go and doesn't really play the main line games this game looks dope. I really like the 2 player co op feature. I just feel like this is the kind of game you have to play with someone who's knew to the series and sucks at video games. You also need some patience.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.