[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

For the people actually planning on buying LGP/E, if the most reasonable argument for the release of these games is that they're specifically catered to children, do you not understand that the mentality behind your support of the casual line is the same mentality that's making it socially acceptable for kids these days to be so fucking stupid that they actually can't stick to a game/hobby for more than 2 hours at a time? I mean, the reason why Fortnite and FPS games in general are so popular among the tween crowd is because it doesn't involve any actual thought beyond "THERE'S A GUY THERE, I'M GONNA SHOOT HIM!" and then the match is over. It's just instant gratification at its finest.

It could very easily be argued that games that have that level of casualisation (mobile games in particular) is the specific reason why 9 kids out of 10 that you see these days are even more entitled than the boomers. Especially since gaming has reached a point where you're considered an outcast if you DON'T participate.

In the long run, it's more beneficial for society as a whole to at least help kids gain the ability to apply more than one layer of thought to any given task that they're trying to succeed in. Granted it's very too little, too late, but in general, shouldn't we at least be able to expect a little more from kids these days as opposed to them just consuming social media garbage faster than an Asian prostitute goes through cum during a bukakke. >>>
>>
>>> The introduction of a co-op function in general already opens the game up to a MUCH easier experience, but they still have to incorporate it in a way that requires two people thinking something halfway through as opposed to two people applying twice as much strategy to the situation. This game is a prime example of how we're allowing the next generation to fuck themselves in the ass, so can you imagine how fucking incapable the generation that comes after is going to be? You're literally encouraging the idea that if you want something to be easier, then just bitch that it's too hard until someone else makes it easier for you, and isn't that the mentality that the majority of this site seethes at whenever anyone 13 or under opens their mouths?

Children can only handle something that is this dumbed down specifically because people don't give them the credit they deserve when it comes to forming their own opinion about literally anything. If we don't take it upon ourselves to teach them that it's not okay to revert in their own ability to learn things, then they're just going to keep getting more and more helpless until there's no returning from the cesspool that is the herd mentality.
>>
>>35894269
]People have always been in the herd mentallity. A great salesman told me how to do sales, he told me I had to tell people what to do. They love that and it works everytime. People don't wabnt to think for themselves, they just want to be told what to do.
GF tells them to buy their game and they will.
>>
>>35894265
You make a lot of assumptions that are all wrong. I don't know if I'm buying the game but if I do its because I think it will be fun. I don't play games for their perceived socio-political effect.
>>
>>35894306
Sooooo are we doing the whole blame video games for your dumb children thing again. It’s not like kids are being forced to play this game. I remember when I played a game that was too easy I quit and played a new game cause this thing called boredom set in. That’s why I picked up GTA as a kid and not Timmy turners video game. Shit was boring. Are you saying that kids don’t get bored anymore? Because hard games still exist and they can play them if they want without a problem. You my friend are just mad that your beloved franchise is catering to players that play at a lower skill level than you. That’s it. If you want harder games go play them. I’m gonna enjoy this casual shit just like I enjoyed Nintendog’s and animal crossing. Shits casual AF and sometimes I don’t mind being casual AF. Your competitive game is coming hopefully and even if it’s not grow up and accept that the world doesn’t cater to you and you alone buddy
>>
>>35894306
Well this is kind of what I'm asking the question for. If I'm wrong, then a little insight as to why would be kind of helpful.
>>
>>35894265
>casuals
Masuda said everyone, only /vp/ translates it to the casuals.
First, you already misstepped there.
>the reason why Fortnite
Fortnite isn't a yardstick for nintendo for the global audience. None of children here play fortnite and we play pokemon. This is /vp/ argument.
>Especially since gaming has reached a point where you're considered an outcast if you DON'T participate.
Lmao no.
I'd assume you're talking school? Multiple groups exists and you can become a social person without playing games nor sticking to trends.
>In the long run, it's more beneficial for society as a whole to at least help kids gain the ability to apply more than one layer of thought to any given task that they're trying to succeed in.
Trough video games? No thank you.
Video games has benefits at the same time doing damage to a lot of kids as well.
>>
>>35894412
To be perfectly frank, I'm not so much mad at what's happening so much that I'm asking peoples opinions on whether or not it's a good idea to let go of the hope that the gaming industry will ever go back to a business model that people can actively feel the pride that went into making them.

For the most part, my prime gaming days are over. I don't have much time to play anything anymore, so the games I do crack into are specifically the casual games. Animal Crossing is my shit, I've got most of the Amiibo cards just because I like having that level of control over who I want in my town at the time, because I don't have the time anymore to dive head first into a super hardcore experience, but that isn't going to stop me from recommending the games I had the best time with to someone younger or someone that has the time to get into it.

It's just a little depressing to think that most kids these days aren't going to get as big of a wow factor as any of us did back in the era where Pokemon first exploded, which was also the era that gaming and gaming technology absolutely exploded because of how life changing those experiences were to some of us.
Games in general are most of the reason why I've got the friends and relationship I have today, and then in turn my friends are the reason I have the life that I have now and it's one that I'm happy with. They taught me about money management/business, social skills, I've gotten a job because of the friends I made through it, and it even had quite a significant impact on the relationship I have with my boyfriend, because it was a matter of bonding over shared wonderment, and I haven't seen any game really in the last 5 years or so that's been able to deliver that same level of excitement and innovation, that shaped me into the actual functioning person that I am.
>>
>>35894459
He literally told you where you're wrong:
>I don't play games for their perceived socio-political effect.
Some of us don't care about what you think and are going to buy a game that we think might be enjoyable. We don't care what you think the sociological implications are. You have your reasons for not buying it. Reasons you built up into a huge societal problem (with the latest pokemon release at it core?), but we are thinking on a much more individual level. Because that's how we'll consume it. Individually.
So, take your insecurity in the rising generation and do what your father did with it and drink yourself to death. Meanwhile, I'm going to be enjoying a game that I think looks fun.
>>
>>35894265
I agree. LGPE defenders are literally causing the fabric of society to disintegrate. They are trying to send us into a dystopian netherworld.
>>
>>35894265
I'll take that you actually want to have a discussion

What most discussions about children and gaming miss is that they generalize "kids" to be one big market.

The age where children start playing video games has become younger and younger and younger. I work with children, and most are aware of and play some type of video game by the age of 3. They aren't even in school yet and they're playing games.

That's who LGP is for. Switch is the most toddler-friendly system, and Pokemon is still one of the most in-demand IPs in the world. Creating a game that can be bought specifically for that crowd is a no-brainer.
>>
>>35894707
Oh look the idiot that thinks he knows because he is around stupid children all day. Lmao.
>>
>>35894265
>kids
You don't know shit about kids these days you fucking boomer.
Stop trying to justify them not making a game YOU want to play by bringing 'muh kids these days' into it. They have games for you, it just isn't coming out until next year.
>Humans tend to like when their input gets immediate feedback instead of delayed feedback
That actually encourages learning. Who would've thought? the fact that the feedback was pleasurable doesn't make it instant gratification, they could fucking suck at Fortnite.
>more entitled
Dude, what? What does that have to do with gaming?

Social media is like drugs in some ways. I agree that we should do something about that. But you do realize that you folk thought video games were the same way. How about you figure out why it can be both positive and detrimental before looking like a retard. But I guess this is a good place to do it.
>>
>>35894707
While I agree I still feel that toddlers are part of the audience rather than a main audience.
But I can see why. A lot of millenials have children or toddlers, so there is an overlap there.
As the matter of age, it is a great move. If they can nail it by serving pokemon as first memories then it's good long run strategy as it imparts most to childhood.
>>
>>35894788
yeah, making a game just for kids and then a game just for enthusiasts is the logical progression of the pokemon series

lets hope 2019's games deliver
>>
I just really enjoy the series and am willing to give everything a try, even if it doesn't look like something I would initially enjoy.

I didn't like the look of Pokémon Conquest at first, but I ended up loving it to bits!

I was unsure about Mystery Dungeon as well when it first came out, but I really enjoy it now!

Following that streak, I'm sure I'll find a lot of enjoyable things in Let's Go, like being able to play with my mother, who got into Pokémon again via GO, or trying to catch them all once more or even just looking around the game, enjoying the art style since I'm really liking the look of it!

I will say that I hope there's a chance of a difficulty increase somewhere along the road. While not needed for me specifically, I would enjoy it even more if it did come!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132 KB, 960x720)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>35894707
That's cleared things up a bit for me so thank you for that, personally, I don't consider the term kids to include anyone that isn't in school yet, but that's just me being a little bit too literal when it comes to my own conception of age brackets. So granted, these games are perfect for anyone under around 5, mostly because they don't seem to really require anything other than super basic cognitive function and comprehension skills, so thanks for helping me understand that I was drawing the line a little too thick between them.

>>35894520
I'm pretty certain that Game Freak/Pokemon has already stated the actual word "casual" when referring to the new series, which there's nothing wrong with, but there's a big leap in terms of brain development when you're willing to take it a step further. Your last point for example, I don't think you understand how much a kid is actually capable of when you're willing to help them through a less linear train of thought. I have 5 nieces/nephews, the oldest of which is 8, and all of them so far have taken an interest in games because they're just a super fun medium, no matter what the game is about, and if you're willing as an adult to help them understand something a little more difficult, then they'll absolutely strive in terms of understanding the world around them. Children absolutely live for positive reinforcement, and the means of obtaining that attention doesn't matter to them. The oldest of my nephews is an absolute computer geek, but it's because steps have been taken to help him understand what he wants to understand. I've gone out of my way to introduce him to a couple of computer games that I played when I was younger and he absolutely loves this one called The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain, which involves several little educational puzzles. (See pic) Because I've taken the time to sit down with him and explain to him the little bits he doesn't understand, he's able to plow through the game quicker than I was >>>
>>
>>35895044
>>>
able to at 12. The particular puzzle in the picture involves some simple to hard musical composition where you have to rearrange music in the right order to get the song to play right, and he absolutely creams it now, no problem, but only because we stayed at his side to help him understand what he couldn't just pick up. It's a matter of supervision when it comes to kids because they'll crave what you praise them for, and now he goes out of his way to play it without anyones help because he likes that we don't treat him as just a child when it comes to learning. It's all about YOUR involvement as an adult.

>>35894728
That's the entire problem with the instant gratification. People latch onto the first piece of information that they hear. Immediate feedback isn't synonomous for positive feedback and my entire point is that it helps to teach a kid that the first answer they hear isn't necessarily the right one. Like in my point above, it's about teaching kids how to filter information themselves, not just believe what they want to hear.

And >>35894664
See >>35894625

Taking it all in individually is the problem. The same media can be used very positively when you associate it with a group of peers or friends that has your best interest at heart
>>
>>35894966
This is the best reaction I've heard about the game as well to be honest. I'll concede that the game graphically looks stunning just because it does have a very whimsical factor in it with the amount of Pokemon running around and just generally looks pretty, and I'm sorry if it all came off as me trying to find an experience for myself to enjoy because the fact that the game exists isn't what bothers me. Adults are less susceptible to social media garbage and I'm in the same boat with just enjoying a nice slow paced, low-intensity game when the mood calls for it, I mostly just don't like how this is (for the most part) aimed at an audience that will actually associate a game like this with their peak learning age. There's nothing specifically wrong with them playing it, but it's wrong that the majority of kids who will play this are just getting it spoon fed to them as if they WERE a baby. I'm not saying get rid of the game, just to add a little more depth in terms of the problem solving that the child can actually benefit from. Understanding Pokemon typing and moves etc. at that age personally helped me wrap my head around the general idea of what strategy actually is and how to implement it. Kids have the capability to be a lot smarter than they are in this age, but it just isn't seen much because everyone is dumbing things down because they think children can't think for themselves.
>>
>>35895044
>>35895062
No, masuda said 'Everyone'. Casuals aren't something like 'switch soibois' but literally those outside the vets. Means they can be a child, a teen, an adult-any newcomer.
Secondly this is irrelevant as educational games are on point being made to educate.
Pokemon isn't. It's made for entertainment.
I got computer games in my computer lab back when I was a primary schooler. But it is not pokemon, no.
And I don't understand how, or why would you guide your child trough pokemon then at first place. If you insists pokemon is for learning then the best way is to let them play by themselves by trial and error, or by communicating with his friends. The joy of pokemon comes from knowing things you found out from yourself, not because a cousin told you so.
Also, pokemon isn't impossible to understand by one's own.
>>
>>35894265
You wanna know how I know you’ve never had sex?
>>
>>35895168
You know it's a demo and it has 999 pokeballs.
How about relax and wait for another announcement, instead of sperging out.
>>
>vote with your wallets, save the kids!
Interviews post reveal said this game will cater to newbies, while returning / experienced fans will be pleased with the 2019 entry of generation 8. Calm down with your equivocations to fortnite, video game’s as a whole make stupid kids, not just fortnite.
>>
>>35895234
You do realize that adults being involved in a childs learning is how they learn and how we've always learned for generations right? Guided learning is a thing. Video games don't have to be educational for them to be a learning tool. If you're learning that electric types don't work on ground types, you're still learning.
Of course parents could give them all the answers, but parent's could give them all the answers for anything.
Just because you learned Pokemon on your own, doesn't mean that they have to.
>>
>>35895289
The same argument can be applied for yours. Just because you helped your cousin playing pokemons doesn't mean I have to.
Your argument is just an anecdote, and generalization at best.
Now your point turns into 'adults being involved in a childs learning' which is no, I don't see how it's relevant to pokemon.
>>
>>35894265
>WAAAAAAH DONT BUY THINGS I DONT LIKE.
You know what, im gonna buy 2 copies and I hope it outsells 2019 core games, fuck /vp/ angry incels.
>>
>>35895327
>It doesn't mean I have to
Then don't? I'm not really using an anecdote, as the Let's Go games have a feature that lets 2 people play. With all the interview one can assume that its more of a family game. Nothing wrong with learning together, except that it seems that you have a problem with it.
>I don't see how its relevant to Pokemon
It's relevant to development dude. Therefore, it can be literally anything.
>>
>>35895356
>I'm not really using an anecdote
Half of that post is your cousin with educational game.
I don't see how it's not an anecdote.
>Nothing wrong with learning together, except that it seems that you have a problem with it.
Never implied that. Read my post again.
I said
>to let them play by themselves by trial and error, or by communicating with his friends
My post responding to your argument of adult guiding child trough games. In which it isn't always the case.
>it can be anything
People can bitch about anything. Wether it's relevant or not is what important.
>>
>>35895278
Where is this fortnite parroting comes from, really?
>>
>>35894265
>I mean, the reason why Fortnite and FPS games in general are so popular among the tween crowd

You know that FPS games aren’t exactly a new thing, right? Their popularity isn’t exactly some recent development.
>>
>>35895391
>Your cousin
Not my post. I literally didn't use an anecdote. If you want to reference anon, then reference him or her. But assume that were all different people otherwise
>never implied that
You did. Read your own post again.
>I don't understand why or how someone would guide their children though pokemon
>The best way to learn it is on your own.
>The joy of Pokemon comes from things you found out yourself
>To let them play by themselves by trial and error
>argument of Adults guiding a child through games
Adults guiding a child though a game is perfectly fine. Playing it on your own is perfectly fine. Bitching about how you don't agree with one or the other is retarded. You have no idea what kind of guidance anon gives to judge whether its effective or not.
>People can bitch about anything
So you basically have nothing to say.
>>
>>35895234
>>35895327
I'm horrible at navigating in general when it comes to Twitter/Reddit/News articles so I'll drop the Everyone/Casuals argument because I'm having trouble finding my source, so you win there.
But why do you keep arguing the same point about education if it's this prominent that you've never had anything to do when it comes to actually educating. I mean yes, anyone is capable of learning on their own, but people learn MORE when they have help. ESPECIALLY children.

If you give 2, 5 year olds the same book, but then only helped one of them read it, the one you helped is going to have infinitely less trouble reading another book if you went out of your way to explain the grammar, views and themes, in terms they understand.
One of the main reasons (aside from rich parents) that private school graduates are usually better off than a public school graduates is because they get provided with better teachers and better resources to help them understand what they're being taught.
I can't believe I'm actually having to explain that it's HELPFUL when people HELP you.

You're just grouping yourself with the people who thinks it's okay to give a 3 year old an iPad so that you don't have to take care of it because it'll be happy just sitting there getting excited at the fact that it has buttons. Adult involvement is the most important thing for helping a child develop a healthy mentality because a kid is basically just an information sponge. They're learning ALL the time about EVERYTHING they interact with. It doesn't matter if the game is educational or not, the child is still going to educate itself whether it be as complex as competitive battling to something as simple as Fire > Bug. If you're not using actually and literally everything as a learning resource, even as an adult, then you're just denying yourself knowledge, and that's just 10 times more important for children.
>>
>>35895471
If you're not >>35895044
then this makes it even more out of context.
>Adults guiding a child though a game is perfectly fine.
Never said it isn't okay. I'm saying it isn't the case, especially with pokemon.
Your general argument about all games, is different matter as not every games is similar to each other.
>I don't understand why or how someone would guide their children though pokemon
Yes, I don't see how spoilers and handholding is good.
>>
>>35895553
Because it doesn't make sense. LGPE is easy enough, even made easier so kids can learn it.
People play pokemon as kids and never have problem.
Why handhold them even more?
How dumb are they in your view?
>>
>>35895585
This isn't even a matter of guiding them through the game, it's about teaching them the mechanics to be able to do it themselves. If I taught my kid all the type advantages/disadvantages before they played, and also taught them what types the Pokemon have, then it's going to finish the game so much faster than a kid who's just given the game on it's own to learn through trial and error. The faster kid will then be able to move onto the next game, and be able to understand the deeper mechanics easier, as they go through the series. To use the book example from >>35895553 that kids then going to be able to read bigger and harder books quicker and with more understanding, and therefore absorb more information faster, making for a smarter child. People like you are the reason teenagers are getting pregnant by the age of 13.
>This kid can learn on it's own so fuck it, it can raise itself.
>>
>>35895585
>it isn't the case
it will be. And that's fine.
My argument is about learning, which can be applied to pretty much anything. All games have rules.
>I don't see how spoilers and handholding is good
Are training wheels bad, anon?
>>
>>35895658
>then it's going to finish the game so much faster than a kid who's just given the game on it's own to learn through trial and error
How is this a good thing
And why the fuck you're pretending like they can't get any guide by themselves, like internet?
>>35895664
>all games
Except we're talking pokemon, not all games.
>are trianing wheels bad
There are tons of hints and guides, even have pokemon schools.
I don't see why the need to guide them more than ever like they are blind or something.
>>
>>35894265
I watched the demo gameplay, it looks nice, so I will buy it, also hope they will make gen 8 similar [closer to dragon quest] you faggots play no other games
>>
>>35894265
The funny thing is that Masuda is absolutely right about the new generation of kids today. Smartphones have completely ruined them. I'm 26, I have two Go-playing 17/14 y/o brothers, both played a bit of my Ultra Moon copy to try it out because they were interested because of playing Go, but as soon as they couldn't beat the second Totem their interest suddenly dropped and they gave it back saying it was 'too complicated'. I also have an 8 y/o nephew who is literally addicted to a smartphone because my aunt and uncle are shitty parents with no parental willpower. He has a 3DS but apparently barely plays it because he's so enamored with phone games. I bought him Ultra Sun for Christmas last year. He played for about up until the Trainer's School before complaining that he didn't know what to do next and putting it down. He probably hasn't played it since.

Generation Z/Alpha are snowflakes that have their whole life in the palm of their hand at all times, so they expect instant gratification from everything else as a result. This is why Masuda feels that in order to keep sales, the games need to be simple enough to keep the practically nonexistent attention spans of these braindead retards. He is right, people arguing against him know deep down that he is right, it's just the truth is fucking depressing to accept.
>>
>>35895700
>Implying I can't explain Pokemon mechanics faster and more precisely than the clusterfuck that is a child browsing the internet.

You're not taking into account that childhood is literally just the window of opportunity for quick learning. If your kid came up to you and asked for help on a subject they don't understand, you're a dipshit to think that "Go look it up on the internet" is a smarter alternative than just telling them. I mean fuck, practically half the point of this whole post is to just point out that social media and internet use in general is what's turning the next generation into a bunch of socially inept shitbags. It's hard enough to sift through the 1000:1 ratio of garbage:actual information on the internet as an adult. Again, people like you are the reason teenagers are getting pregnant because their parents are just letting the internet raise them.
>>
>>35895658
>If I taught my kid all the type advantages/disadvantages before they played, and also taught them what types the Pokemon have, then it's going to finish the game so much faster than a kid who's just given the game on it's own to learn through trial and error
Disgusting. You don't even want them to try you just spoonfeed them everything.
To make them finish the game faster? What a joke.
This is what you call educating?
>>
>>35895818
>If your kid came up to you and asked for help on a subject they don't understand
>a dipshit to think that "Go look it up on the internet" is a smarter alternative than just telling them
So being a spoilerfag is equivalent to a savior and I'm a dipshit not wanting spoiling his game?
I might give him hints to try but I won't guide him everything, fuck that.
>It's hard enough to sift through the 1000:1 ratio of garbage:actual information on the internet as an adult
Pokemon website exists. Tons of game guides. Serebii, bulbapedia. Even shitty quora.
Back then we even have one friend bought a guide and we took turns reading it. No one goes to their mum and asks 'how do I defeat brock?'
>>
>>35895848
>Helping them understand the absolute most basic element of gameplay which is only one mechanic out of hundreds
>Spoonfeeding
>Not knowing an analogy when you see it.

I don't care enough anymore, this just derailed into trying to explain that it's better developmentally for a child when you answer the questions it has for you.

Enjoy your filthy kids who are gonna be parents by 15, that's your reward for being no smarter than they're going to be.
>>
>>35895700
>All games
Yes. Because Pokemon is a game and the point was that all games have rules, so when it comes to teaching people, they're all the same in a basic way.
>there are tons of hints and guides
Cool. And now they have more. Having someone guide/help you does not necessarily mean handholding nor spoiling. How many times do you need to see this before you get it?
>>
File: 1528883893719.jpg (26 KB, 480x270)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>35895914
>>35895964
>casuals legit thinking that kids are dumb enough not to understand LGPE and need MORE direct guidance
I thought masuda was underestimating but legit you people are truly retarded.
Holy fucking shit
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>35896083
>>
>>35895773
Or maybe you just have dumb brothers
>>
>>35895904
See
>>35896102
>>
>>35894265
>>35894707
>specifically catered to children
unless you count normies and casuals as children as a whole, I can't take you seriously
this game was made mainly to get not just children but also GO players into the main series since it's basically a hybrid of the two
bigger audience = bigger rev, and I don't think your comments are gonna stop anyone who are already planning to buy it
think of it this way, if next to nobody bought a single huge pokemon game for whatever reason, gf would suffer quite a bit, which means less potential for any what you consider to be better games afterwards

>>35895773
this, to a certain extent
although the example of your family members can't and shouldn't be applied to everyone
some people commit to a game, or anything in general, more than others based simply on their level of interest in it, and not everyone is going to be fully committed to figuring out how the core games work
merging the two fanbases with LGPE, however, creates the opportunity to find and add more committed gamers to the core series, even if this game alone also attracts people who have no intention to commit whatsoever
>>
>>35895848
Kids are good at learning gane mechanics, you don't need to teach them.
>>
>>35896161
Not according to this thread, apparently you need to answer everything and sit down, educating them. Or they'll become a prostitute by age of 15.
>>
>>35896171
That anon is retarded. You don't need to teach a kid how to play pokemon because the game teaches them how to play pokemon. A pokemon game isn't the internet, a kid playing can't get lost abd stumble onto porn or fortnite videos.
>>
>>35895773
I taught my nephew how to play games, I literally sat with him and played with him from as early as 5 years old. He is now 14, can play and learn any game he wants to as long as it appeals to his interests, not just mindless tap the screen games. He now has his own gaming PC and VR headset he saved allowances and birthday money to get. Maybe the reason why they are not interested is because not every kid likes to learn and do things on their own. I know a lot of us grew up in a time where we had to struggle without games being "dumbed down" or the internet guiding us along the way, but I'm sure we still would have appreciated guides. I'm not saying all children can end up like my nephew, but child interest peaks with engagement. Maybe you should have sat down and spent time with your family to teach them instead of leaving them off on their own if it concerned you that much.
>>
Reminder that Pokémania will never happen again because Pokémon never left and nothing in the Pokémon franchise will explode that hard ever again.

You're old, get over it.
>>
I let my seven year old cousin play Pokémon Black and he didn't get to the first gym because there was too much dialogue.

Pokémon RBY were piss easy and anyone who denies this was probably a stupid kid.
>>
I don't care me buy fun pikachu toy game it remind me of happy times
>>
>>35896886
Pokemania already happened again though as soon as Go was released, it just lasted for 6 months instead of two years.
>>
I have a question, why is everyone acting like this is the definitive Pokemon title?

I could see if this was like metroid when they made that spinoff game and didn't have anything from the main series in years. But Pokemon is so big they could (and are) make a title for younger and more casual fans and still make their definitive title with the new features we expect and hope for in a main title.

If you're not getting this, fine but everyone is acting like this is Pokemon now forever. If anything this makes me more hopeful the main series will be less casual.
>>
>>35897026
This is how I think about it, too.
>>
>>35897026
some people...?
Complain and be assholes?
To cope???
>>
>>35895348
imagine being so desperate to be a normie that you label anyone who doesn't agree with you as "incels"

people who are aggressively non confrontational and non provocative are probably the most annoying sheep on the planet, far worse than anyone they take offense to
>>
>>35897026
Back when GO came out and I was saying this exact shit would happen, people like you said that exact thing. "It won't happen, they won't change the main franchise." Here we are, and it happened. Masuda is constantly going on interviews downright saying he wants to change the franchise to be easier. Masuda's endgame is to kill the franchise with this shit. If this sells as well as or better than gen 8, they will kill the real games, only make this garbage, and eventually kill Pokemon because the only brainlet morons who are interested in this garbage literally only are in it for the gen 1 nostalgia and will not buy a game with a single piece of new content because it scares them.
>>
>>35896161
I've never seen such a more retarded blanket statement in my entire life.
>>
>>35897164
a pretty significant number of the people posting here managed to learn how to play pokemon just fine in '98, even without the internet.

not sure why you think modern children are any different. everyone is a product of their environment, and if you refuse to change the environment over a preconceived notion, you're really only manipulating the results to get the answer you want
>>
>>35897182
Here's you problem.
You're stating that everyone is a product of their environment.
The. 90's. Is. Vastly. Different. From. The. 00's. And. The. 00's. Is. Vastly. Different. From. The. 10's.
Say it with me and then say it again.
>If you refuse to change the environment over a preconceived notion
The notion isn't preconceived. At all. No one is refusing to change the environment. The environment has changed. Instant gratification is the result of things being faster. Increasingly shorter attention spans among children is an actual thing and its affecting all of us. The problem is that its affecting children during their development period. They will not be the same as we are and the gap will widen until something changes.
>>
>>35897148
Yeah see I would believe a word you said if they didn't,

1. Announce the "core next gen" game the same time.
2. Talk about how it is for long time fans specifically.

I get trying to find something to be upset about for the sake of it, but just because they struck gold with go and want to build off of it, doesn't mean they are going to fully go in that direction.
If they were they wouldn't have done the two things I mentioned above.
>>
>>35894265
The original games were aimed at and beaten by children.

These games are aimed at babies and the diagnosed retarded.
>>
>>35897164
>claims to have never seen a more retarded statement
>therefore making a more retarded blanket statement than what he was trying to call a retarded statement
Did anon go full retard /vp/?
>>
File: 1528842701165.jpg (78 KB, 1024x934)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>pokemon is too hard
>make it easier by adding previously unobtainable supereffective mons
>make it easier by forcing you to capture them first
>make it easier by lowering the levels
>make it easier by cutting grinding
>make it easier by cutting wild battles
And here in this thread people demanding it's not enough and wanting you to literally sit down and play with them, and explaining shit
>>
>>35897321
The fact that you've come to the conclusion that my statement is more retarded simply because I called something retarded, even in greentext, means that you're doing the same you moron.
>>
>>35897274
They're headed fully in that direction as we speak, and if this garbage sells better than gen 8, they'll drop the real games. The very fact that they think these stupid games are appealing to hardcore fans should tell you that they could very well go through with killing the franchise
>>
>>35897680
I didn't see the interview where they say this is for the hardcore fans, may you share a link?
>>
>>35894265
>entitled
The word you are looking for is "self-entitled."
>>
File: a33.png (245 KB, 600x800)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>35895348
>>
>>35899893
>>35899893
Basedjak has a point, you play vidya for fun not to look cool. Maybe wojak does have some mental growing up to do.
>>
>>35895716

Which Dragon Quest? DQVII or DQVIII?
>>
>>35895773

Amen. Gen Z is full of snowflakes.
>>
>>35894265
By children they mean toddlers.

No ten year old would be interested in this.
>>
>>35894265
Casual game doesnt mean game for children. Not every game needs to be a 120+ hour rpg that weaves a moral dilemma into the narrative

Theres a reason casual games make up a significant portion of the market, one can just pick up and play to unwind. A simple adventure, a bit of low stakes problem solving or some easy battling. Something you can just switch off after a day of work, or play a quick 10-15 minutes of in your lunch break.

Yes, casual games are easier for children to pick up, but that doesnt mean they are the exclusive market.

In yout other example the edgy teen shooter games, a lot of them are popular because they are picked up by esports teams or popular youtubers, so the kids pick them up to try and emulate their idols. Sure to some degree the "suck it faggot" mentality prevails.

Mobile/casual gaming isnt the reason for entitlement, shitty parenting is. Young parents (the 20 somethings, often separated) tend to spoil the kid, or dont know how to handle discipline and attention correctly. Give the kid an xbox and hes quiet all day. Kid gets sent home from school for being disruptive, give him the xbox so hes quiet and not bugging me. Parents become too busy in their phones to pay the kid attention (reading/interacting with the kid), kid acts out, bad attention is better than no attention. Kid stops doing work in class, gets the same bad attention from the teacher, teacher meets with parents, kid shrugs and says the work is too hard, parents blame teacher, kid goes home with a new xbox game.

Do also remember, games were harder in general back then because of the drive to feel you got your moneys worth and from arcade ports that were designed to be hard to eat your money. But also in the case of RPGs there wasnt the space at times to include full tutorials or lengthy descriptions so more was left up to "good luck, figure it out for yourself"

I do hope they havent simplified cerelean cave etc though
>>
>>35899893
Is that picture describing you?
Don't you play pokemon?
>>
>>35895773
The milenials / z / alpha gens that cant handle a little challenge in their game are a result of shitty parenting, swopping in to protect their precious child from adversity or not encouraging them to keep trying when they give up.

If you dont teach your kid to have resilience theyre just gonna keep giving up whenever things get challenging, theyll have no confidence in their abilities, and be unemployable as they drop out of school because its too hard and find even entry level work too difficult and boring

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.