[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The more you expect from a game, the less you're going to get out of it.
Stop setting your hopes so damn high.
>>
>>35896821
at this point my expectations are so low for 2019 I'd even be surprised by something SM-tier
>>
>>35896821
Hyping something up and being right > Expecting nothing and being wrong
>>
>>35896853
and which one is more common, anon?
>>
>>35896862
Why does that matter?
>>
I expected nothign and I'm still let down.
>>
>>35896924
Let's go in a nutshell.
>>
>>35896922
being wrong is much more common than being right, that is if you don't already know anything to begin with
although now that I think about it, you can't even be wrong when you're expecting nothing, because there's nothing to even get wrong in the first place because you're not expecting anything
my point is, don't expect or hope for anything that you know you'll be disappointed without, because that's just asking to be let down
and when those good things actually do happen, you can be happy about it without trying to build up hope for it beforehand
>>
>>35896821
>stop having expectations and just gobble up whatever gf shits out like a mindless drone goy
>>
>>35896924
>>35896969
I don't have high expectations at all, I keep expecting less each generation, and each time they still manage to surprise me somehow.
>>
There's having too high expectations, and then there's having basic expectations of things that should be a given like "this Hoenn remake will remake the post-game facility from the last Hoenn game" or "this Ultra Megalopolis place that is the crux of the game's climax will be more than just a literal hallway" and still being let down.
>>
>>35896821
I expected very little from the games before Let's Go was confirmed, and they're even worse than I expected. There's barely any game to them. It's pathetic to see people above the age of 5 actually interested in them.
>>
>>35897008
it isn't mindless if I actually enjoy what I'm getting retard, ever heard of subjectivity?
and who the fuck said you're required to take what they give you?
if you don't like it for whatever reason, don't get it, but if the reason you don't like it is because you set your expectations too high, that's on you

>>35897024
the problem with that is you're considering those things basic when there are even more basic things than that
sure they're simple and predictable as fuck, but you can go a lot lower, like say, expecting any new game to keep any/all fundamental shit the same, when time and time again gf has done something weird such as adding a new type like dark or steel or fairy, or adding special attack and special defense in gen 2, or adding abilities in gen 3, etc.

>>35897056
like I told the other anon, ever heard of subjectivity?
>>
>>35897183
Retard, kill yourself
>>
>>35897204
I will when I feel like it, I have shit to do first
>>
>>35896992
You can be wrong when expecting nothing, in fact it's pretty easy: if you get anything, then you didn't get nothing.
I'm aware that I'm putting myself at risk of disappointment, I just think the chance of being right is worth it. I can shake off disappointment, but nothing can replace the feeling I get when something that I really want actually happens.
Besides, Pokemon is one of my favorite franchises: if it gets shitty, I want to be disappointed by that. The last thing I want to feel towards Pokemon is complacency.
>>
>>35897271
Just looked up complacency, I think the word I was looking for was disinterest.
>>
>>35897271
finally a real response
and yeah I suppose you're right, but what I meant was it's a good feeling to be proven wrong by getting more than you hoped for, and if you set your expectations as low as I do, it's pretty likely to happen
>>
>>35896821
That's the fucking problem, though.
My expectations are as low as humanly possible, but they STILL find a way to disappoint me and make me lose hope I didn't know I even had for the future of the franchise.
>>
>>35897344
I don't doubt that it's a good feeling, but I still stand by my original post.
>>
>>35896821
There is nothing wrong with having standards for a company in charge of the highest grossing series in history, these developers are fucking incompetent.
>>
I don't have high standards.
If LGPE were literally just FRLG, except with Switch graphics and a physical/special split, I'd probably buy it.
However LGPE are literally worse than that.
>>
>>35896821
>Stop setting your hopes so damn high.
My hopes were literally at rock bottom. I expected it to be completely awful, and it was even worse.
>>
>>35896821
I won't be getting a switch at all unless there's a port/update for Mario Maker. Pokemon just isn't going to get me to buy a new console anymore.
>>
>>35896821
I expected nothing and LGPE continues to disappoint even beyond that.

>>35898388
Yeah this
>>
Yeah guys! Stop hoping for anything good to happen so when you get shit it won't be as bad!

Fuck off, OP.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.