[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

this kills the blue.
>>
Ugh.

He's turned into the exact opposite of what he was... I'll just go by the idea that this is a different universe or the idea that is Blue's kid.
>>
>>35902088
This isn't Blue, it's just some new faggot character.
>>
>>35899248
One thing I liked about Pokémon back then is it gad more serious and scary moments. Nowadays everything is so artificially kid friendly that it becomes disgusting
>>
>>35899248
Wtf don't the Gofags love asshole Gary, too? Who were Gamefreak even trying to appeal to?
>>
>>35902099

Explains everything.

But, still 22 years on and no work done on that empty lot in Vermilion City.
>>
>>35899248
They can dumb down the new games all they want and add many Pokemon Go mechanics, that's fine, but did they really have to replace Blue with this XY rival-tier garbage?
>>
>>35899248
>"haha, we're friends! so cool! please let me shove these 50 hyper potions up your ass! oh, and I also found this Lvl80 Zapdos the other day! Here, you can have it! Good luck for the gym!
>>
After everything we’ve seen I was willing to give it a chance but now they’ve fucked up Blue.This shit is unforgivable fuck GF. I can easily ignore this losers girth.
>>
>>35902121
>asshole Gary
when will this meme end? Gary was always your friend. He even gives you advice.
>>
>>35902186
horseshit

even the instruction book says red and blue had a falling out before the game starts

the entire dynamic of their rivalry is that they try to 1up the other but blue is always one step ahead
>>
>>35902186
Nigga I replyed FR and he is a complete asshole when he hands you over the fame seeker. Somebody has a cap? I didn't take one but he is.
>>
>>35902203
From bulbapedo
>"Oh yeah, right. I feel sorry for you. No, really. You're always plodding behind me. So here, I'll give you a little present as a favor. A chatty gossip like you… That thing's perfect. I don't need it because I don't give a hoot about others. All right, this time I really am gone. Smell ya!"
>>
>>35902217
thats just condescension though, he doesnt help you because he actually feels bad

him doing shit like that is his way of pulling rank and establishing himself as the superior trainer
>>
>>35899248
>This kills the blue

Rivals name is Trace... no saying if Red/Blue arent actually in the games or not
>>
>>35902242
nice damage control, faggot
>>
>>35902203
sorry friend, but his dialogue is playful ribbing and friendly competitive speak. It's possible you just haven't had any friends and so, aren't used to that kind of thing. But I promise, Red and Blue have always been friends, and Blue's just the kind of guy who really likes smack talk.
>>
>>35902251
Sure anon, I have had bantz and stuff. And it is a kids friendly game, and I know how hurtful kids can be. You just can't concede.
>>
>>35902121
>>35902186
>>35902195

Asshole Gary is mostly an anime thing. Actual R/B Gary was a legit rival. He wasn't an enormous douchebag, but he wasn't running up to give you a blowjob and tell you how cool you are every 15 seconds. He was a confident, competative trainer who was trying to 1-up you but managed to help you out at times.

This Let's GO pussy is a straight blight on humanity though. Even that spazz in Diamond/Pearl had some backbone
>>
File: page1.png (300 KB, 432x424)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>35902250
nah im pretty sure you're the faggot here

>>35902251
its not.

>"You and your rival used to play nicely together when you were little, but lately, he has become mean"
>>
>>35902299
Oh then yeah I agree with you. Blue/Green/Gary has became an ass. It is clear, but some faggots can't admit.
>>
>>35902271
>Mostly an anime thing
Here is another game line
"Hey, <player>! What brings you here? Is your Pokémon dead? Hey! It's alive! I can at least make them faint! Let's go!"
>>
>>35902251
You must be used to having shitty friends to consider Blue friendly. He was a jerk, especially in comparison to the average npc in the game.
>>
>>35899248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuM3DjvYf0
>>
>>35902123
it's not a sequel to anything, ofc no work was done on anything
>>
>>35899248
>The Rival Project has started!
>>
>>35902118
S/M at least had some old lady and her Machamp who mourned over the death of her husband in some car accident. They still did it sometimes.
Doubt that Lets Go will do something like this though.
>>
>>35902771
I can already see them rewriting Lavender Town to be less spooky and making Marowak's backstory less gruesome.
>"That Marowak... It's the spirit of a Cubone's Mother who passed on peacefully not long ago. Team Rocket coming to poach the Cubone here for their skulls must have stirred its spirit awake with rage."
>>
No wonder why they put nice rivals in the games, most of vp is butthurt because Green/Blue was mean to them.
>>
>>35902822
but that turns me on
>>
>make a heavily nostalgia-driven gen 1 remake
>exact same world translated to 3D
>exact same NPC dialogue
>except the most memorable character is retconned and replaced
why does GF always make incomprehensible decisions like this?
>>
File: 1528901623614.png (88 KB, 533x466)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>MC is a literal different kid character
>"WAAAH, WHY IS NO BLUE THERE!?"

Imagine being this mongoloid. I'm enjoying /vp/ tears so fucking much.
>>
>>35903073
because the PCs are 10yr old versions of the GO trainers and not Red. Makes no sense for them to have blue in there
>>
>>35899248
chill, he's Blue and Red's kid. he's his own person
>>
>>35899248
friendly rivals are such cancer
>>
>>35899248
pokemon fans are impossible. everyone whined about 'mean' rivals, and now everyone is whining about nice rivals.
>>
>>35903163
Nobody complained about mean rivals and everybody complained about nice rivals since gen 3
>>
>>35903163
>everyone whined about 'mean' rivals
nigga stop making shit up to sound right
>>
>>35899248
that's bleu
>>
Why are they so dead-set on these dumbass friendly rivals anyway? They're never good.
>>
>>35903516
Japanese Children don't like adversity unless it's from a generic villain that they're conditioned to defeat in order to save the world.
And speaking of which, expect Mewtwo to be integrated into the main campaign and have its origin story be retconned to match the first movie, since USUM's already got people thinking Team Rocket making Mewtwo is canon to the games.
>>
>>35903529
Then why are asshole rivals so common in the comics they read?
>>
>>35903674
Different medium. THEY aren't the ones going through the hardships, the protagonist is.
>>
The rumors do not say that Red and Green will appear?
>>
>>35903683
Japs love a good self insert.
>>
>>35902729
Kek. M8 this is no laughing matter, this is spitting on old fans' faces.
>>
>>35902186
gofags don't care about Blue.
they care about Gary from the anime who was an asshole(before he got embarrassed by some chick in the johto league and learned to be humble)
>>
>>35902271
>Even that spazz in Diamond/Pearl had some backbone
>implying Barry wasn't a chad
the only true spineless ""rivals"" were Hau and Wally
>>
>>35903112
just make it an alternate universe Blue who became friends with whatshisface instead of Red
>>
>>35903784
Even wally grew a little in ORAS.
>>
>>35902121
>asshole Gary
Are you an animefag or did you never played rgb?
>>
>>35903784
Hau is pure love, best friend till now
>>
>>35903754
>this is spitting on old fans' faces.
GF loves to do that
>>
>>35903808
Technically you could name your rival Gary (he’ll always be “poop” to me)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.