[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I enjoy Gen V so much that I replay White and B2 every year, is easily my favorite gen and I don't understand the hate it gets.
>>
>>35899262
personally i dont really care for the games. dont really know what it is but gen 5 are the only games in the series that i cant get into. but if theyre your favorites then more power to you dont ever let the hate for them ruin your experience
>>
>>35899292
This. Gen V is decomposed shit.
>>
I didn't like them when they came out, but I've come around to them.
My copy of B2 is missing tho, I'm pretty bummed about that.
>>
I love them but I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish with this thread.
>>
>>35899262
I wish I played BW2 when I was still young, I loved black.
>>
I liked Gen VI and VII, but I'm the same way. They're almost everything I wanted out of Pokemon. Honestly, if BW2 had my favorite Pokemon (Mimikyu), I'd never even bother playing other games.
>>
File: 1515504118158.gif (2.54 MB, 390x373)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB GIF
>>35899262
>White and B2
>>
>>35899262
I still like gen V but my list of grievances:
>goofy sprites
Not only does the janky animation make them look awkward, but the god awful aliasing makes it painful to look at. The smoother spritework from gens 2-4 were much more pleasant, even if they weren't in motion, and I'd much rather they have just stuck with still but pretty sprites.

>blah blah blah cutscene blah blah blah tutorial blah blah blah friendship
The reason the simple and retarded stories of the past aren't so offensive is because at least you can click through them pretty fast and if you DO pay attention, aren't trying to say anything deep or meaningful. This complaint is an extension from gen 4, but it's worse in gen 5 and only continues to get more pronounced as gens keep coming. Just shut up and let me play.
>ugly ass mons
this is the most subjective and I'm not going to get into it to deeply, but let me say, I could look past the ho-hum additions to the roster if I could actually use the mons I DID like, but nah. You're using these new shits and you're gonna like em.
>introducing Landorus-T
the greatest crime of all
>>
>>35899292
in all honesty /vp/ and 4chan needs more people like you
>>
I'm about to start Black 2 right now, do I go for a Modest or an Adamant Snivy as a starter? Went for Tepig in Black so I want to switch it up.

If the starter had Contrary then going for special attack would be obvious but I'm not sure without.

Is the Oshawott line as bad as it looks?
>>
>>35899374
Its good enough in game at least. I don't really like using serperior without contrary, but you could run a physical coil set.
>>
>>35899347
...to be killed. (Sorry pressed “post” too soon)
>>
>>35899374
Doesn't matter unless you're genning a perfect mon anyway. Just play through with whatever nature.
>>
>>35899383
Kek eat shit fuckboy.
>>
>>35899394
I probably wouldn't care so much if gen 5 didn't seem to scale up so much in levels towards the end of the game, at least based on my experience in Black.

I don't want to feel pressured to breed or pickup a new lead Pokemon for end game content
>>
>>35899262
Reminder that in Japan BW2 were one of the highest selling pokemon games. Looks like Japan is favorable towards a good story
>>
>>35899422
The story in BW is mediocre and not any better than in the previous games, if anything it's worse for also being pretentious about it instead of actually being a good story that speaks for itself. BW2 is better for focusing again on the gameplay instead of trying to be "deep" and anyone with a brain knows this. If you had any doubt that BW2 is meant to be an apology for BW, Colress being the antithesis of N pretty much confirms it.

Only an idiot would believe it's the story that makes BW2 better (even if it IS better).

>>35899262
Besides the above, Nintendo treated BW as if it was The Second Coming of Christ which made it a big letdown for old fans when it wasn't that special. If you do find it special it's really hard to believe it wasn't your first Pokémon game.
>>
>>35899347
There is, but shitposters are way more vocal
>>
>>35899262
i swear Samurott has fucked every starter
>>
>>35902039
I know right?
>>
>>35899262
I just buy a copy 2 days ago , white 2 rock holy
>>
>>35899262
what i like about bw is that when it came out all the pokemon are new so all patches of grass are a discovery
>>
>>35899262
>I don't understand
Probably because you're not trying to. Which is fine, but there's no point in posting about it.
>>
>>35899262
It's a meme started after older users started calling it the glory days of /vp/. So those that didn't experience it just shit on it out of spite.
>>
>>35901918
>Nintendo treated BW as if it was The Second Coming of Christ

did they?
>>
>>35899262
I hated playing through BW when they came out, and even over the past couple weeks when I decided to play through Gen 5, I can still say that they’re still some of my least favorite games.

I’m fact, the main reason I’ve come around more to Gen 5 was because BW2 were such big improvements for me.

>Graphics looked way better.
>Medals were pointless but a simple way to get players to try stuff, etc
>The introduction of hard and easy mode
>Pokémon from other generations were available to fix Gen 5s weird Pokédex
>Story was cleaned up and felt enjoyable

I couldn’t care less if people like BW, I mainly care if people can’t understand that BW2 were the better Gen 5 games
>>
>>35899262
>I don't understand the hate it gets
/vp/ has developed a huge problem regarding the concept of middle ground. It was always there, kinda, but it's gotten way worse over the past 2-3 years. And it doesn't affect only gen5, you can see this regarding all of the generations.

Basically, we've reached a point where if someone doesn't like a generation, that means ALL of its features were bad for him, and everything, absolutely everything from that generation must be shit.
Take BW's dex for example. It gets a huge amount of undeserved hate, even though in 7 generations there hasn't been a bad dex yet (that's one of the few things that are still in favor of GF).
Sure, there are a few bad designs, which happen every generation, but the majority of it (despite the memes) is solid as fuck and it even gave us some of the most loved lines in the franchise. The problem is that most people normally find a bunch of pokemon they really hate, and a bunch of pokemon they like, while for the rest of the dex they feel neutral or don't really care. Not being personally attracted to a design doesn't necessarily mean it's badly designed; however with the current mentality of the board people who dislike gen5 are eager to take all of the pokemon they have no strong feelings toward and dump then together with the ones the actually dislike.

There's just no middle ground.
So now you get people shitting on GSC aesthetics, the land parts of Hoenn's map, DPPt's music, etc.
If you don't enjoyed a gen, everything about it has to be shit no matter what.

Also, shitposting seems to have reached new peaks since the start of this year:
The current state of the board sometimes reminds me of the typical pokemon shitfling-threads you could find at /v/ 4-5 years ago.
>>
>>35899262
No one understands either (other than Ice cream XD pls updoot)
Here you are at home, my bro
>>
Gen V is objectively the best gen. Good taste OP. And yes, I started with Gen 1 on the original Gameboy
>>
>>35899347
Shut up stupid gay ass fag.
Go back to tumblr if you want "muh wholesome positivity YASSS QUEEN SISTERHOOD!!!!"" shit
>>
>>35899262
>the hate it gets.
well, now that you've found /vp/, you can watch Gen V get hot blowies all day and night from the kids who grew up with it.
>>
>>35903701
>not participating in mindless gen wars is tumblr
>>
>>35903704
What do hot blowies feel like?
>>
>>35899262
I love them too. One of my favorite gens with some of my favorite mons
>>
>>35903704
I bet your favorite games are ones you played as a kid.
>>
>>35903732
Nah, old games suck. It's just a fact. Technology and design methodology have improved. There are a very, very small number of games from my childhood still worth playing, but my favorites were all released after I turned 20.
>>
>>35903751
I meant pokemon games, not games in general. I guess your favorite pokemon games are USUM, then?
>>
>>35903760
honestly, yes. Trying to play an old game before permanent TMs feels like garbage now, so even though I want SoulSilver to be my favorite due to the amount of love with which it was crafted, it just isn't. Sun and Moon had difficulty issues that the Ultra games address, by giving more trainers more interesting pokemon, removing some things like early scald, and such. It's easy to make the experience what YOU want it to be in the Ultra games. Abstaining from in-battle items/refresh/exp share and using specific teams even if they're not very good does give you a legit challenge, but going whole hog on advantages makes things a cakewalk. Which, as much as people don't like to admit, is kinda how every pokemon game is. You could always beat the game without any difficulty by just only training your starter, spamming items, and using the legendary you get near the end. The story was fun, I liked watching lillie and hau grow, and a lot of the side-chracters were fun too. It's not a popular opinion here, but yeah, I liked Ultra Sun a lot. I just wish I could skip through dialogue for future playthroughs, because there is a LOT of it.
>>
>>35902197
Should I ask how old are you or how young are you?
>>
>>35902093
No.
>>
>>35899412
Give it to me, pappy~
>>
>>35899262
God, get that shitty sea lion off the screen right fucking now. Samurott, The Worst Pokemon is just awful and I hate it so much.
>>
I think looking back, white and black were a good experience and it was doing the whole "you only have this regions pokemon to use" right because it was whole region filled with new pokemon and they were the only pokemon you can use, at least until you beat the e4.
>>
>>35905135
>it was doing the whole "you only have this regions pokemon to use" right
By making clones of previous pokémon? I don't know how some people can argue againt this when something as blatant as Alomomola exists. I'm all for new pokémon but stuff like that just makes you feel cheated. Same with Herdier, Litwick and the ice-cream, gears and garbage mons. People like to shit on the sludge, magnets and Voltorb lines but at least they didn't look like anything you had seen before Pokémon. Magnemite isn't just a mundane object with a face while you can't say the same about any of the gears.
>>
Gen 5 is garbage but this echo chamber of a "conversation board" seems to love it
>>
>>35905461
>the opinion I disagree with is more prevalent thsn mine
There's about as much shitting on it as praising it. Threads about it are fueled by arguing and shitposting, which wouldn't be the case if it was that universally loved here.
>>
>>35899262
Gen 5 is my favorite gen and I really enjoy BW/BW2. I find the story and some characters to be pretty good, I also like most of the Pokémon designs. I usually avoid any hate threads, but I can kind of understand the points of the anons who hate it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.