[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: fanclub.png (267 KB, 519x314)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
Why are you complaining about a new Pokemon game? I thou you were all Pokemon fans? It's also ridiculous how you can't show any excitement or support without being called a shill or genwunner.

The games aren't even out yet calm the fuck down, spergs.
>>
Nothing about the game looks good to me. You can be a fan and still not like the current chain of events, part of being a fan is knowing when to say "No thanks, I'll sit this one out."
>>
>>35903411
Because these games are going to sell well and replace the standard style of games right now. They are going to make Pokemon games EVEN WORSE
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.45 MB, 272x264)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
>>35903614
pretty much this

>>35903626
and this

>>35903411
saying "i thought you were all Pokemon fans" in response to fans being critical of a series they care about is why you get called a shill, because it's kind of a pathetic position to take. the fans who have the courage to admit when a series they like is going in a bad direction are, dare i say it, better than hopelessly optimistic fans who will just take whatever they're given.
>>
>an already casual game was made even more casual for an audience that isn't even into Pokemon outside of gen 1 and Go
>wild battles being replaced with waggleshit """gameplay"""
>handholding to the extreme
>game looks like shit for being one of the most successful gaming series
If people weren't already fans of this series then they wouldn't be complaining. Considering how much they're dumbing down an already simple game which was accessible enough to kids, I'd say fans more than have the right to complain.
also
>The games aren't even out yet calm the fuck down, spergs.
If you want to express excitement for a game that's not out yet, then that's fine. But it's only fair if people want to express disappointment as well.
>>
Brand loyalty should be earned. There was a point where you could say that it had been earned, but 2013-2018 has been one disappointment after another. Why should I like something just because it has Pokémon? This is a video game series and I should like it because they're good video games, which these aren't.
>>
All of you need to leave.

I'm dead serious. Just go, don't even touch a single pokemon game ever again.

It's not this game I'm worried about. It's the next one. No matter what it is, you're still going to hate it. It could be BOTW, Skyrim, and Xenoblade all rolled into one and you'd STILL hate it. Want to know why? Because you want more than what a game can possibly do. You either just want Showdown, or an experience so all encompassing that it can only be a fanfiction written by yourself. Again, I'm dead serious, you'd rather write fanfiction than actually play a game. That's fine, but you must realize that is not how video games work.
>>
File: gaze smile.png (2 KB, 190x138)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>35903793
>Because you want more than what a game can possibly do
holy shit you have got to be fucking joking. have you played games with the bar so low for so long that you can't see how hard game freak coasts on their IP
>>
>>35903829
Nope. I'm dag certain nothing will satisfy you. Ever.
>>
>>35903411
>I thou you were all Pokemon fans
I remember when I made this mistake.
>>
>>35903867
not sure why people are so desperate to white knight for a lazy developer that isn't paying you to do it
>>
>>35903793
>I'm dead serious
>'poignant' spacing

lol look at this frik
>>
File: worried_quagsire.png (9 KB, 121x122)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>35903793
I'm not expecting anything unreasonable out of the mainline games. I don't mind if the games are always on the easy side, but LG is going way too far. All I ask is for a game that makes me feel like I'm on an adventure with my team of pokemon, in a region with a wide variety of pokemon. Is this really so much to ask for?
>>
Because fans will complain when their favourite franchise is tainted by a terrible cashcrab that introduces cancer to everything to come in the future.
>>
>>35903793
Anon I liked almost every gen so far, I just hate this one in particular.
>>
>>35903647
This.
>>
>>35903411
The most hardcore fans hate Pokemon.
>>
Why don't you want to eat this cardboard? I thought you liked eating!
>>
Not everyone needs to be into these new games, they are made with a different purpose and audience in mind
but at the same time, people ought to realize that instead of freaking out and degrading this stinky board even further
I'm sure the games will have their fans here, but we just need to learn to deal with trolls and chaos on /vp/
>>
>>35904526
I'm worried that the issues it'll have will bleed over into the real games. I know what GF said about the 2019 games, but I simply do not trust them anymore.
>>
>>35904542
they might have some cool features they bring over, but for the sake of vgc, I really don't see the main series of pokemon being changed in gameplay
>>
>>35904542
I can't imagine the catching mechanics will be that well received, they'll get old after mt moon is a mess of zubat
other than that, there is nothing to worry about
>>
>>35904562
I can't really imagine the game being very enjoyable for many people. It looks so simple and easy that it'd probably just bore anybody but the youngest/most casual of players. Personally it was dead to me the second I saw it was Kanto, with Kantomons only.
>>
>>35904580
That's kind of the only redeeming factor for me, being able to see kanto in 3d and walk around with some original pokemon and share the game with normie friends who would actually do multiplayer with me now
I'm kinda excited for the endgame pvp, with a restricted meta and no breeding required, sounds much nicer than the last few gens
>>
>>35904757
>a restricted meta and no breeding required

Just sounds like it'll be nothing but Magneton and Alakazam to me. Also I'm not a fan of the phrase "original pokemon" as though everything that came later is lesser.
>>
I don't think actual genwunners would like LGPE since the game is too simple and you could probably beat it in a couple of hours.
>>
>>35904784
no they're just original and I have this memories of each one, even if sigilyph is my favourite pokemon overall
sounds better than gen 5 - 7 metagames if alakazam and magneton are the toughest nuts to crack
>>
File: 27856835683568.jpg (77 KB, 400x551)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>35903793
>>
File: nod.gif (136 KB, 175x175)
136 KB
136 KB GIF
>>35903647
>>
File: IMG_8568.png (209 KB, 508x490)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
Don't forget to pay 50 bucks for the Pokeball accessory to get Mew you stupid fucking retards
>>
>>35903411
the whole point of the pre-launch hype is to show off the selling points of the product & what GF thinks makes it so great

If nothing they show interests you, then you have every right to be sceptical. Its not like they're keeping all the best stuff a secret

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.