[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 600px-133Eevee.png (218 KB, 600x600)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
why would I ever choose Eevee over Pikachu if I can't evolve it? why would anyone in clear mind choose Eevee version of the game?
>>
>"No-one could possibly like Eevee over THE shillmon"
>>
>>36090815
the whole point of eevee is what it evolves into.

you should be allowed to evolve it. these games don't even have the yellow version excuse.
>>
>>36090785
I don't know anon, that's why I'm buying pekatchu
>>
>>36090815
Eevee is the biggest shillmon there is though

At least Pikachu has the excuse of being the mascot and face of the franchise
>>
>Eevee
>normal type without any super effective attacks

>Pikachu
>strong against water and flying
>actually usable in the team

NO ONE WILL PICK EEVEE
>>
File: 1467731212487.jpg (12 KB, 239x211)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
This is like being forced to use Togepi without ability to evolve it
>>
>>36090785
If Pikachu and Eevee are version exclusive, get Let's Go Eevee if you want access to wild Eevee so you can evolve them.
>>
>>36090916
>wild Eevee
not happening
>>
>>36090785
I herd rumors that both partner Eevee and Pikachu have enhanced stats compared to regular ones.
>>
You can at least make Pikachu a threat if you find a light ball, or are they not doing held items in this game?
>>
>>36090785
Because Evee is objectively better than pikachu in every way
>>
>>36090967
I think I heard this during E3 as well. both Pikachu and eevee have a revamped level up movepool that actually makes them viable. For example with eevee its not like you're only going to have access to tackle and bite. and pikachu will have more than just t-shock and quick attack
>>
>>36090900
It can learn shadow ball and grass knot probably... Also they gave Pikachu Double kick so I wouldnt be surprised if they gave Eevee more moves.
>>
>>36090785
better question would be why would anyone choose buying this game over not buying it. just fucking play FRLG
>>
>>36090967
why would I choose Eevee over a team of Pikachu and Snorlax?
>>
File: 1502550393767.png (148 KB, 645x772)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>36090785
>i'm forced to use the same unevolvable pokemon in every playthrough

brilliant idea

thanks Gamefreak
>>
File: 1521035473429.png (148 KB, 316x350)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>36091009
*snap*
>>
>>36090985
In the end i'm gonna say eevee is the better alternative. Its moves may not hit super effective against anything but at least it can HIT everything. With pikachu there is that potential of being completly walled against a ground type.

and speaking of ground types there are far more ground types in the game than fighting types, and eevee actually learns bite AND has complete immunity against ghost types.
>>
File: 1528220428408.png (1.56 MB, 1280x720)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>36091009
This.
>>
>>36091037
why take a picture of yourself
>>
>>36090785
Do Pikachu and Eevee take up a slot in your party
>>
>>36091009

I had that sentiment when the trailer was first launched but more and more i'm starting to get hyped for the game for seemingly no reason. I think i'm just yearning for a a new pokemon game....and at this point ANYTHING will do after the disappointment of USUM. The incentive for me to buy the game is the fact that you get to see kanto fully re-imagined in 3D for the first time.
>>
>>36091073
it's literally the same thing copy pasted. watch a video of it you fuck
>>
>>36090785
>why would I ever choose Eevee over Pikachu if I can't evolve it?
idk
why would anyone in clear mind choose Eevee version of the game?
idk but i'd get Eevee
>>
>>36091088
Translation;

>>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!!

As I said, pokemon is a drug and I need my fix. I have the money to waste so yes i'm going to go back to Kanto yet again. The fact that its in 3D is enough for me to go back. The last time I played a pokemon game featuring Kanto was The hollowed out version of Kanto in Heart Gold. Not to mention I feel compelled to buy it out of principle since its the first mainline pokemon game to grace a console
>>
>>36091027
>I don't know what boxes are
>>
>>36091265
watch a video you fuck
>>
>>36091283

I watched it a million times. I don't care that its a copy and paste I. Don't. Care.
>>
>>36091309
no i mean watch videos of the whole game. if that's the only reason you're buying it then you literally might as well just watch videos of the whole game and miss out on absolutely nothing
>>
>>36091322
yep seen the whole treehouse event. I believe it was about 40 minutes long. Still gonna buy it.

All games have complete walkthroughs now days. Whats the point in buying ANY game if you can just go on youtube and watch someone play the whole thing?

You're not going to convince me otherwise.
>>
>>36090785
Because normal types have no weakness in Gen 1
>>
>>36091357
The long and short of it is, I want to play a new pokemon game. USUM don't count and spinoffs like Quest never interest me. So technically i've been without a new pokemon game for 2 years.
>>
>>36091357
>what's the point in buying ANY game
dumbass, i just said why. because you want to see how Kanto looks in 3d and that's all, not for any gameplay reasons, otherwise you'd just fucking play FRLG.
>not gonna convince me
way to out yourself as a mindless drone
>>
>>36091375

I actually want to play it not just watch it

I'm not a mindless drone my current gaming setup is the P-Switch (get it? the item in mario games....nvm)

PC and Switch is the best combination at the moment. Everything on xbone can be bought on PC and I can't warrant the purchase of a PS4 for the few exclusives it has.
>>
>>36091429
tell me what you'd lose by just watching it and not playing it.
>>
>>36091437
I don't know what you want me to say. I want to PLAY the game and yes I actually kinda like the POGO mechanics of catching pokemon so I want to try that out as well.
>>
File: eevee.png (60 KB, 280x244)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>36090900
>wrecks the enemy team with Return
>>
>>36090785

Eevee will exclusively evolve into its new Flying-type evolution that's being revealed very soon.
>>
>>36091464
i just said what I want you to say, are you dumb? I'll take that to mean nothing, you'd lose absolutely nothing by just watching it. also you can just play Pokemon GO which is already free
>>
>>36091482
except with Pokemon Go you have to actually go out side to play...and there's no story mode....and the catching mechanics involve flicking your finger not throwing a joycon.
>>
>>36091513
>you have to actually go outside to play
and? you want the catching mechanics, they're there.
>and there's no story mode
and? just play FRLG for the same story
>throwing a joycon
functionally the same. literally no good reason to buy this game other than just being a mindless GF shill
>>
>knowing you're getting screwed hard and still wanting to buy the game.
Game Freak has won. Why put any effort when retards like these exist. You've got no respect for yourself or pokemon.
>>
File: Preorder.png (66 KB, 396x458)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>36090900
>>
>>36091537
>$90 for this turd
Holy...
>>
>>36090911
You think they won’t make your starter special?
I think it’s going to be something similar to AZs floette.
>>
>>36090785
This has likely been explained but I'm going to do it for a change

Pikachu is the FACE of Pokemon, THE FACE. Meaning it's literally everywhere. Some people are sick of seeing him on everything.
Not to mention the fact that he an awful Pokemon. At best, he's maybe like a good companion to go against a water type but realistically, if you're going to play competitively, no. Don't use him. Pikachu and Eevee are both adorable. But with Eevee you have 7 different evolution. Still no rock, fighting, Ghost or dragon maybe one day. Pikachu has 1. And Richu aint even that good
>>
>>36090785
Eevee is cuter. And the cute factor is literally all LGPE has going for it right now.
>>
>>36090785
doesnt matter i'll box either asap
>>
Eevee is slightly less annoying and cringy, both are shit though. I hope we can box them for a slot of a better pokemon
>>
>>36090815
>using a shilled shitmon over a based chad shillmon
lmao!
>>
>>36091027
For retarded like you GF keep winning.
>>
>>36090967
Yup. Was confirmed when they showed the partner Pikachu’s stats. People ran the numbers with a normal Pikachu and found it’d Be impossible for a normal Pikachu to have the same stats at the same level. The partner Pikachu and Eevee also have new moves (Pikachu learns Double Kick for example).
>>
>>36091537
>tfw I'm pirating this shit so I can actually make fun of lazy GF devs with actual screenshots

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.