[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: file.png (354 KB, 849x384)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>Moltres is back in Victory Road
>No Sevii Islands

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>36091598
Dropped
>>
>a gba game from over 10 years ago has more content than a 2018 Switch game
OH IM LAFFIN
>>
Why is a flying bird in a cave
Couldn't they just put a Volcano near Cinnbar for Moltres to chill inside
>>
The Sevii Islands project has started!
>>
>>36091598
sevii islands aren't in KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>36091598

So?
>>
>>36091613
Isn't there a new volcano in the LGPE cinnabar? why they would choose to put moltres in VR instead of there is a mystery to me. Maybe they didn't want it to be so close to articuno's location.
>>
>>36091598
So Wild Battles against Legendaries confirmed?
>>
>>36091652
IIRC, there’s been a volcano next to Cinnabar in every offical art of the Kanto map anyway. It probably won’t be explorable if it’s even modeled in the game.
>>
>/vp/ is going to pretend the sevii islands were good just to bitch about Lets Go more
Doesnt this get tiring for you guys?
>>
>>36091598
No shit. Sevii Islands weren’t in Yellow.
>>
>>36091684
>/vp/ is going to pretend less content is good just to defend Lets Go more
>>
>>36091598
The Sevii islands were shitty filler, I'm actually glad they're gone.
>>
>>36091697
/thread
>>
File: 1449543856094.png (42 KB, 472x477)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>36091598
>t-the Switch-U will save us guys! just wait and see!
>>
File: 1531444499619.jpg (407 KB, 1200x849)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>36091598
Maybe you catch it at Victory Road given Zapdos' and Articuno's locations on the map?
>>
>>36091720
What the fuck am I retarded? I swear OP said something different but turns I just repeated exactly what OP said
>>
TRUST US
PLEASE
TRUST UUUUUS
>>
>>36091720
why is kanto a fucking square
>>
>>36091598
Technically this is a remake of Yellow, not FRLG, so no Sevii makes sense kind of ORAS was a remake of RS and not Emerald so no Battle Frontier.
Still, those examples may be technically right but are shit, because less content is always a bad thing and HGSS exists.
>>
File: rip.png (589 KB, 934x358)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
>no sevii islands
"ah ah but it was a remake of yellow s-
>no cycling road and no surfing pikachu either
How are you gonna defend this guys?
>>
>>36091697
Let's Go is actually already objectively superior to FRLG. It has a larger variety in the Dex during the main game thanks to Alola Forms, quality of life improvements and fan-favorite features like customization and following Pokemon and HD models, Phy/Spe split and updated movesets.

If you think having some dogshit tiny islands for a post-game negates that and is "more content", I dont know what to tell you.
>>
>>36091771
Theres no fucking bike and you're given a bunch of Pokémon to ride instead

Are we seriously going to pretend it'd be better to have a single shitty bike and the retarded cycling road instead of following/rideble Pokemon?
>>
>>36091771
>>36091779
The bike shop is still in Cerulean City so its not like they aren't giving you the option to do both.
>>
>>36091779
this is /vp/ man, there'll always be SOMEONE to take that position, just to be a contrary fucker.
>>
>>36091791
The bike shop is most likely going to be used for one of their new side quests instead. Why would we have bikes when we can ride a fucking Arcanine? The NPC's arent on bikes anymore, Alola had no bike because you could just ride Tauros or Stoutland.
>>
>>36091779
How about both?
How about having a bike and a cool route where you can ride full speed (it was fun in the past version) and you can use your pokemon anywhere else?
I swear GF is basically stripping content out of the game and you still manage to defend it
>>
>>36091720
So can you catch Eevee outside of the one you're given? It would be a hassle to try to get ALL eeveelutions as I assume you can't breed in this game either unless eggs are in game and "found".
>>
>>36091779
>implying letting yourself go down the cycling road without pusing any direction wasn't fun
>implying you can't have both
GF shills are annoying
>>
File: all out bait.png (130 KB, 625x626)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>36091773
>A game for babies is better than FRLG because of shit that could be in an actual game instead of this dogshit game
>>
>>36091807
>Stripping content
So let me get this straight.

Instead of one shitty highway, GF has had to redesign the Cycling Road into an entire route to travel through, with more Pokémon to find, and probably more items to find too.

And instead of one shitty bike, GF has given you the option to ride many different Pokémon at varying speeds.

And this is "less content" ?
>>
>>36091771
>Diamonds
>Rubies
There's (more) microtransactions?

>>36091773
>Larger dex variety due to Alola Forms
Bait considering as there's no non Kanto mons in the game as well as catching = exp for party.
>>
>>36091828
>Bait considering as there's no non Kanto mons in the game as well as catching = exp for party.
This isn't bait. Alola forms are confirmed to be in Let's Go, and FR/LG locked off all non-151 Pokémon from the main game.

ergo, Let's Go factually has more variety for your team building and playthrough. I'd say this is much more important than a postgame of shitty islands where about 20 shitty Johto Pokemon show up.
>>
>>36091598
Why would there be Sevii islands? This is a cashgrab.

Just don't buy it, we all know it's going to be shit anyways. The only people who should be buying it are little kids, we all know there's going to be a bunch of retarded adults who buy it anyways, but you don't have to be one of them.

Don't buy shit games. It's that easy.
>>
>>36091828
The microtranscation diamonds and rubies are people memeing that it looks like a cheap mobile JRPG, they aren't actually in the game
>>
>>36091846
>More variety for team building and playthrough
That would be great if it actually mattered.
But it doesn't matter.
Because the game is designed for 2 year olds and there isn't even a modicum of difficulty in the whole package.
It's a fucking baby game.
It's literally built so you don't have to put effort into teambuilding and strategy.
Your "point" is literally worthless because it's a fucking BABY GAME.
>>
>>36091871
LMAO the salt from this incel
>>
File: a lil bait.jpg (94 KB, 1301x1301)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>36091882
>>
>>36091612
Don't get your hopes up, gaijin, the game is very hard to make!
>>
the fuck are sevii islands. moltres belongs in victory road.
>>
>>36091826
>GF has had to redesign the Cycling Road
They didn't redesign shit. They simply removed the bike and added two patches of grass.
The road is exactly the same, the pokemon are the same except that now it's just another generic route with bikers without any bike because they probably aren't allowed to feel scary.

Now don't get me wrong, I never used the bike in R/B/Y, except here because it was needed and the "gravity" gimmick made the road fun and memorable. You can still ride your pokemon anywhere else on the map.
This is less content and another way to make Kanto even more boring
>>
>>36091598
We knew this already from the Kanto map.

>>36091657
Yes.

>>36091814
Yes. In Let's Go Eevee only.

>>36091746
Kanto has always been a fucking square.
>>
>>36091826
>>36091912
Same for the Go park instead of the safari zone. You're gonna tell me this isn't "less content"? While it's completely possible to have both?
>>
>>36091779
What? I don't care about riding pokémon if they're not MY pokémon. I'd rather ride a bike, it's even more natural.
>>
>>36091932
>Kanto has always been a fucking square.
??????????????????????????????????
>i-it's always been that way so it's o-okay
The absolute state of fucking LETSGOPEE apologists
>>
>>36091612
>A GB game 20 years ago has more content than a 2018 switch game
>>
>>36091951
They are your Pokémon, genius.
>>
>>36091951
You ride your own pokemon retard
>>
>>36091720
>Eevee has its evos at its side
>Pikachu has nothing
Man, being Raichu is suffering
>>
>>36091826
>redesign
reducing a landmark of the region into a generic route is technically a redesign yes

>more pokemon
source needed

>instead of
implying you couldn't have both

ps stapling the faster movement functionality onto specific pokemon is literally a new form of HM slaving
>>
File: 1529155032250.png (547 KB, 613x683)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>36091773
>If you think having some dogshit tiny islands for a post-game negates that and is "more content", I dont know what to tell you.
Literally >more content isn't more content
What kind of fucking absolute idiot could say this with a straight face? Is this the LGBT fanbase? Are they so deluded they are entirely divorced from the laws of reality? Jesus fucking Christ, this might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet, ever.
Please, anon, neck yourself.
>>
Can't wait to see what they did to the Pokemon Tower, the Rocket hideout or Sylph.co
>Sylph.co was too hard, so now it's only 3 floors and you don't need a card to open the doors
>>
>>36091882
>calls somebody an incel for saying a children's game is designed for children
???
>>
File: 1529373556473.png (40 KB, 789x750)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>no expanded routes
>no expanded dungeons
>no new pokemon or forms or moves or mechanics besides transferring in your pokemon go pokemon
>no new side quests
>no expanded cities/towns
>no new puzzles
>no new challenge

and people will still buy it. This is why Pokemon remains so fucking stagnant. No one criticizes or refuses to purchase. Imagine how good Pokemon could be if the developers had to try.
>>
>>36092111
>remake game is a remake of the game is claims to be remaking
holy shit, lets lynch masuda right now
>>
>>36092111
>Imagine how good Pokemon could be if the developers had to try.
Tried with BW(2) and it flopped.
>>
>>36091970
>implying most of GBA games hasn't more content than most of Switch, PS4, Xbone and PC games nowadays
lmao
>>
>>36092137
This. We have no one but Genwunners to blame.
>>
>>36092111
Yeah, just imagine if they had been working with console- tier hardware since gen VI, instead of a 6yo obsolete mobile hardware set as daddy Nintendo fucked up?
Imagine they had a beefy WiiU engine to port over to Switch, to stall for time while they made Gen VIII.
And just imagine they were EVER going to do anything more with the sacred cow that is Kanto, but a near 1:1 remake.
>>
>>36092129
Why does every post like this just conveniently ignore the fact that the game difficulty has been cut down to near nonexistant? Why does every post like this just conveniently ignore the fact that previous remakes had all the new pokemon in them? Even FRLG had the new mons, just locked behind postgame.

This is the new "Defending ORAS for not having a Battle Frontier because they're RS remakes not Emerald Remakes", even when HGSS had all of the crystal content and ADDED a battle frontier.
>>
>>36092129

You're exactly the problem.
>>
"It's a remake of yellow so it's normal if there's n-"
>remake of pokemon yellow
>can't clone my pokemon
>can't catch mew with glitch
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>36092288
>Why does every post like this just conveniently ignore the fact that the game difficulty has been cut down to near nonexistant?
Because this is a fabrication which is not true. The game has not been made easier. In fact signs are pointing towards GF actually adressing battles to make them harder, such as Starmie now having Scald.
>>
>>36091598
makes sense. You wouldn't want to overload new players with choices like going left, right, or keeping straight if you were designing a game.
>>
>>36092373
>Consistently in every trailer the player's pokemon are twice the level of the opponent's pokemon and every regular trainer only has one pokemon
>The game is harder cause Starmie has scald
Just give it up man. Stop giving these hacks your money until they make a game that's actually worth your time instead of eating up whatever cashgrab shit they spew out.
>>
>>36092288
I don't get you, are you complaining that a game marketed toward casuals is casual? I mean I would understand the reaction if this was a proper remake of yellow, but is a remake of yellow aimed towards people who played pokemon go, and gamefreak have been nothing but extremely open about it. If they announced that there's going to be another game in 2019 is because they new that people like you would have this kind of reaction, they basically told you from the start that you're not going to lose anything by not buying this game, and that you should wait for next year instead.
>>
>>36092435
I'm complaining about the fact that half the fucking board seems to be trying to convince people who don't want to buy the game to buy it, grown adults acting like this is the best shit since sliced bread

Yes, it's a game for casuals! But when somebody in this thread called someone else an incel for pointing out that it's for casuals, that's when you start to have a problem.
>>
>>36092129
You know remakes don't have to be the exact same regurgitated shit right? You know remakes can change significant designs elements that wouldn't be possible with previous hardware (such as not making every route look like blocky garbage) right?
>>
File: 1495266127445.jpg (97 KB, 523x521)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Enjoy uour Safari zone region you stupid fucking troglodytes
>>
File: 1472665339534.jpg (88 KB, 404x507)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>36092465
You'll find that they argue "it's a remake!" when people point out the lazy parts and "you're just afraid of change!" when you point out the changes they made that make the game worse.
Truth is, it's just mobile phone tier shit for babies. Buy it or don't. I pity anyone who does.
>>
>>36092458
Then just don't fucking buy it, I don't understand the need to become the other face of the coin in this horrible shitposting war. I'm not going to buy it, not because I think is casual trash, but because I know I'm not the target for this game.

I know people think that if this game sells well then GF is going to change everything of any upcoming game to be more like go, but honestly is not something that we can know until it happens. Until then I don't really see the point of this kind of threads, with people of one side of the fanbase trying to destroy the other one, it's just shitposting out of control.
>>
>>36092611
It all boils down to the fact that GF really pissed off a big chunk of the fanbase with this. And rightfully so.
In a perfect world, they'll get giant backlash over it and it'll scare them enough to actually bust their ass on the games from now on, making their "number 1 highest grossing franchise worldwide" title worth a shit.
Buuut I'm gonna put my money on gen 8 following in the footsteps of XY and USUM, because Gamefreak loves its stagnation.
>>
>>36092009
Raichu is in the power plant since it can be found in the wild in there

Eeveelutions can't be found in the wild so they put them right next to Eevee
>>
>>36091598
>Just now laughing at something we figured from the start
Slowpoke, please.
>>
>>36092611
I'm not going to buy it either I'm just getting sick and tired of the posts on this board going LOOK AT THIS GAME FOR CASUALS, IT'S THE BEST POKEMON GAME EVER, IF YOU HATE IT YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN, BUY THIS GAME, BUY THIS GAME, BUY THIS GAME IF YOU HATE THIS GAME YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN THE AGE OF GAMERS IS OVER BUY THIS GAME BUY THIS GAME BUY THIS GAME.

This board is just a fucking mess. I'm optimistic for the 2019 game at least.
>>
>>36091720
>that conspicuous T and surf rocks next to Vermilion City

They're gonna put some retarded Mew under the truck reference here, aren't they?
>>
>>36091598
no shit, those weren't in yellow version, can you imagine how much the kantoboomers would scream? WHAT, THESE WEREN'T IN MY GEN 1 THIS GAME IS NEW POKEMON ITS GARBAGE!!!
>>
>normies want a singleplayer game about catching and trading lots of different types of pokemon to beat the gym leaders/elite 4 instead of breeding/hacking supermons to pub stomp children with online

and yet you think they're the problem
>>
>>36092890
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>36092890
>Gofags want a shitty verison of a game fron 20 years ago,and nobody can say anything bad about gamefreak
ftfy
>>
>>36091684
Nice meme. Sevii islands were great.
>>
>>36091773
Why are you acting like having the islands means we don’t get anything else? Why not have both in the same game? What’s wrong with that?
>>
>>36093074
The air of mystery and exploration was amazing. I just wish a lot more was done with the ruins and stuff besides just chucking Unown in them. The ruins themselves were basically a way less fun Ruins of Alph.
But the cliffs and paths and water routes really felt like you were exploring some tiny backwater islands. Really good.
>>
>>36092036
>go to saffron city
>"The Saffron City Project has started!"
>>
File: 1527736668276.png (200 KB, 500x276)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
Post Yfw we visit Kanto for the 5th time in 20 years and the old man in Vermilion city is still preparing his land with his machop.
>>
>>36092137
Began the huge push to remove content, and they rightly flopped.

So now they keep removing more and more content in the hopes it'll sell better because that clearly worked the first time, right?
>>
>>36092217
>Devs REMOVE content from Gen 1 - 4
>Genwunners to blame not devs
Gen 1 is higher than your IQ, isn't it?
>>
>>36092288
Don't forget they added additional NEW content in the Pokéathlon to make up for contests not being in the region originally.
>>
>>36093298
Fuck, its there on the map, the spot is still empty
>>
File: 1510365184236.jpg (276 KB, 740x642)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>36091773
please come back Ill give ya all the (you)s ya want just tell me youre not serious, you where just tryin to get my goat, tell me people dont actually exist that think like this
>>
>>36093571
Everything I said, I believe to be completely true.
>>
>>36091598
You honestly expected them?
>>
>>36091828
>>Diamonds
>>Rubies
>There's (more) microtransactions?
It's fake.
>>
>>36091720
How do ships leave Kanto if there are rocks around the cycling road?
>>
>>36093738
Why does nugget bridge even exist?
>>
>>36091598
>yellow
>sevii island
Lmao, what a fucking retard.
>>
>>36091598
Reminder that the Birds are going to be forced encounters.
>>
>>36091697
So the actual quality of the content doesn’t matter, just how much there is?
Because for me, I’d much rather have a game that does a few things really well than one that tries to do fucking everything and it’s all shit.
>>
>>36093571
>>36093577
excuse me i was promised some (you)'s
>>
>>36093853
>So the actual quality of the content doesn’t matter, just how much there is?
Of course, why do you think HGSS are so well loved?
>>
>>36091805
>>Side quest
Just like the game corner in Mauvile city or the BF? And I can't wait inevitable minigame from the old man in Vermilion. city.
>>
>>36092032
I prefer telling people to use an Escape Rope if it's on /vp/
>>
>>36091691
Sevii Islands also weren't in Red and Blue you fucking dolt. You realize that that game is 20 years old right? Gaming as a whole has evolved so it's reasonable to think that more content can be in a game nowadays right? And don't give me this it's a remake shit. Game Freak always adds things with remakes. The Sevii Islands, Johto Battle Frontier, Pokeathlon, and Battle resort were ALL in remakes despite being absent from the source material.
>>
>>36091701
The first three islands being mandatory around the 7th Gym was shitty filler you mean. The entire set of islands should have been post-game because the initial placement hurts the pacing of the game too much. But exploring the other islands as bonus material felt right, even if you don't really imagine Red to have gone on an island-hopping adventure between Gen I and II.
>>
>>36093930
Maybe all that stuff in the remakes were shit so they didn’t add them in these new remakes.
>>
>>36093944
What? Are you fucking retarded or something? Sevii Islands were fun, Pokeathlon was fun, Battle Frontier was fun, debatable about Battle Resort, but there's no doubt it was useful with that second day care and infinite loop for easier hatching. Can you seriously defend Let's Go as well? This game is just more vapid horseshit. It has less content that games that predate it over a decade. That's inexcusable. I don't care what content it is, as long as it's more that even barer than bare bones Yellow remake, it's automatically a better game. Not by much, but marginally better.
>>
>>36093879
Hey now, what's wrong with HGSS?
>>
>>36094005
Couldn't have said it better myself. Fuck these babby ass games.
>>
File: Gyuuki's blank stare.png (42 KB, 252x168)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>36094306
>Gym leaders movesets still suck
>They didn't fix the levelling curve
>Pokeathlon's nice since you can buy evolution stones, but you can't use your own money so you gotta grind
>Safari zones nice since you can get pokemon that could originally only be found in Kanto and Larvitar but again, they didn't fix the level curve so they're level 16 when Team Rocket's taken over the Radio Tower
>The grinding
>Nothing in Kanto is a hard or bullshit as Johto
It's just a chore to go through and I'd rather have fun with something that isn't obnoxiously slow like gen 3 or Platinum (And if you say >But the water or >But Mt. Coronet, I'm going to ignore you)
>>
File: 1479591853506.jpg (116 KB, 1631x1872)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>36094365
HGSS are my favorite games but Platinum is right behind them. I fucking love Mt Coronet.
I dunno, different strokes I guess. I really enjoy Johto and the level curve never bothered me much, though it is a valid criticism.
I also liked going to Kanto, but that's mainly because Kanto has a few of my favorite gym leaders, as does Sinnoh and Johto.
>>
>>36094408
>but that's mainly because Kanto has a few of my favorite gym leaders
Mind telling me which ones? Not being sarcastic, I'm honestly curious because Kantos gym leaders (Not counting Giovanni because I'm speaking strictly about gen 2!Kanto) never really stood out out to me besides Blaine because he had some cool lore regarding Mr Fuji and Mewtwo and Blue for being the only gym leader until gen 5 that didn't specialize in one type.
>>
>>36093738
The ships know Fly as well as Surf.
>>
>>36094465
Damn man, you already guessed. Blaine and Blue I really like. I also like Erica's design. I would say Koga too but he's E4 now, and Jasmine was throwaway as all hell. Barely remember her.
>>
>>36094474
Wait, not Jasmine, I like her. The one that took Koga's place.
Holy fuck I forgot her name.
>>
>>36094482
JANINE! That was it!
Naw, I like Jasmine a lot. Janine sucked though.
>>
>>36094472
Did Neo Team Plasma use the SS. Anne as the basis for their Frigate?

>>36094474
>Jasmine
Don't you mean Janine?
>>
>>36094490
Ignore that second bit
>>
>>36094490
>>36094493
Character was so fucking bland I couldn't even recall her name.
>>
>>36091598Where is this
>>
>>36094689
Wondering that too.
>>
>>36091720
this is so embarrassingly bad. fucking GB limitation map design in a switch game
>>
>>36091612
>people still want fucking DP remakes after this shitshow
Wasn't ORAS already a fucking indication that wanting remakes now is a terrible idea?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.