[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mega char.png (3.58 MB, 3000x1800)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
A core series game is literally coming the year after, shut the fuck up about how bad it's going to be.
>>
agreed
>>
>>36289216
>designed for nostalgiafags
>designed for new players
Which is it?
>>
>>36289216
>LGPE IS A GAME FOR NEW POKEMON PLAYERS
fuck off it shouldn't be the case, just make a special mode for them
>>
File: 1459085628986.png (247 KB, 554x409)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>36289216
Yeah, instead of getting radioactive waste, we'll merely get USUM-tier garbage! What a relief!
>>
Based common sense OP

Bless you
>>
>>36289216
We know this, OP. But the problem is: If LGPE are successful, Game Freak will incorporate all of those casualization elements to Gen 8 and other future games.

No more wild battles aside from legendary encounters? Candy to raise stats rather than EVs? No abilities or held items?

People are afraid that Gen 8 is going to take away all of the features that we've grown to love over the years.
>>
>>36289642
apparently it's for new players to experience kantos story or some shit, I just want this ride to end.
>>
>>36289706
to be fair EVs are just worse Stat Experience
>>
>>36289688
>>36289216
>"Common sense"
Shut the fuck up, you're just butthurt people are shitting on it even though it shouldn't bother you at all, you candyasses. Whether or not there's a game coming after doesn't change the fact that the game is still shit. Anyone with "common sense" should realize as much.
>>
I agree that bitching about its mere existence is retarded since it's not a main series entry and thinking it's somehow going to affect games that have been in development since before this one even started is overreacting

But I also think it's OK to make fun of LG since the design decisions are absolutely ridiculously stupid and misguided and show a complete contempt for the intelligence of the target audience
>>
>>36289216
I bet your one of those guys that think it's okay for a kids movie/show to be bad just because children are more easily entertained.

I have no opinion about these games but I will say there's nothing wrong with keeping the core gameplay the same and simply gradually add mechanics as you progress to ease new players in the game.
>>
>>36289216
>Implying the market isn't saturated and it's not just the same people buying the same game 15 times already
>>
Pokemon Ho
>>
Meaningless post from an uninformed OP. TPC and GF consider LGPE as a core game and market it as such. You can't dowplay the possible effect of this game on the series just because a title for 2019 is already in development and can't be particulary influenced by LGPE, the series won't stop with the 2019 game and every single time Masuda talks in public he talks about how he think the series as a whole is too complicate. Also TPC and Masuda ask to non-new pokémon player to give them trust and buy the game, claiming that this is for everyone and that they are not going to disappoint old fans.
Tl;dr: Your conclusions are based on false assuptions.
>>
>>36289706
It's not like they can change the core concept of a game in the last 8 months
>>
But the game that comes out next year will be bad too.
>>
>>36289706
>Gen 8 is going to take away all of the features that we've grown to love over the years.
this happens with every single new gen
>>
>>36289216
cringe and blue pilled
>>36289654
>>36289642
>>36289668
>>36290331
>>36290338
Based and Redpilled
>>
>>36289216
literally every game is built with new players in mind. its why there's 20-40 minutes of unskippable tutorials at the start of every game
>>
>>36289216
You do realize faggot that every game that begins a new generation is a game for new Pokemon players, correct? Because Pokemon is just that simple.
>>
>>36289216
No, it's not. The games already are for new players.

These games are for people who don't want to play the games.

Fuck off back to whatever brainlet hell hole you came from.
>>
>>36290314
> I agree that bitching about its mere existence is retarded since it's not a main series entry and thinking it's somehow going to affect games that have been in development since before this one even started is overreacting

GameFreak has their hands on this game too, Anon. Unlike past spinoffs.
>>
The only issue I have with Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee is because I run VGC events; attendance is constantly diminishing, and having to tell new players "Yeah it's not on the new games, you have to buy this eight-year-old piece of shit hardware to play here in 240p with 10fps" is going to turn a lot of people away.

Apart from that there isn't really any issue, at absolute worst it's like not having new games this year.
>>
>It's a spinoff
GF already confirmed it is a main game, even worse, they plan to release more games of this style in the future
>It's for new players
So is every pokemon game with the handholding tutorials that last 2 hours and the streamlined adventure so you don't get lost doing something of your own.
>You will get your game in 2019
We will get a XY/SM tier game in 2019, which is just a lackluster, rushed game that likely will get an enhanced version 1 year later.
>Don't complain
"If you don't like robbery then don't steal" shitty logic
The reason we are complaining is because this is a cashgrab for genwunners and cringy kids that only proves our point of The Pokemon Company not understanding what their fanbase wants and oversimplifying the formula to assure more money from casuls.

LGPE is GF and Nintendo screaming "WE DON'T CARE WHATEVER YOU USED TO LOVE OF OUR GAMES WE JUST WANT MONEY"
>>
>>36293548
>that likely will get an enhanced version 1 year later
XY could have been good if they had actually gotten one desu
>>
>>36293548
>We will get a XY/SM tier game in 2019, which is just a lackluster, rushed game
GF had started working on Gen VIII even before the Switch got released, which means the 2019 games will have a development time of at least 2,5 years, there's no way in hell they'll be rushed like Gen VI/VII games.
>>
bump
>>
>>36293636
so were XY.
They could have the same development time as BotW and they would release a half assed game anyways

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.