[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>9 months ago go off about how serebii looks old as fuck and like shit
>say that bulbapedo and even nuggetbridge look better
>current time is now
>we have this
Forgive me. I was wrong.
>>
>>36289959
>use independent wiki so it's better and doesn't look like wikia
>they decide to make it look like wikia
What kind of fucking retards run Bulbapedia? Jesus christ.
>>
bulbapeida's been freefalling down the shithole for years

their pedo owners don't know what the fuck they're doing. they're busy writing articles about muh opression and muh diversity to bother keeping their site in line
>>
But serebii looks good.
>>
>>36289982
Bulbapeida literally has an article about shipping in a childrens cartoon. That should give you all the info you need about how "professional" the site owners are.
>>
>>36289982
>"if i just repeat everything i hear on /vp/ i'll fit in!"
bulbapedia sucks but spouting this nonsense doesn't exactly make you look smart
>>
>>36289959
>2018
>Not using an adblocker
>>
>>36290005
>site owners
you mean the site editors, which are pretty much just slightly above-autistic pokemon fans. do you even know what a wiki is or do you think a council of bulbapedia boogeymen write all of the pages
>>
>>36289959
>Ads
What in the all consuming ever loving galactic fuck are you doing?
>>
>>36289992
fuck off joe
>>
>>36289959
Iconoclasts is actually pretty good.
But fuck any site that has these obnoxious adverts that take up more than 25% of the screen.
>>
>>36290008
these are well-documented facts about them

you don't have to look hard. they don't even try to hide it
>>
>>36290025
I assumed the owners of the domain would at least dictate whether a pages should stay up or be relevant to the topic at hand. My mistake.
>>
>>36290050
link an article "about muh oppression and muh diversity" that isn't "that one editorial".

i'll concede if you can manage that. i'll even count it if you can find more than one other editorial that lines up with your buzzwords.
>>
>>36289959
>Using Chrome in 2018
Firefox is faster and more responsive now
Don't know why people still bother with Chrome
>inb4 someone calls me a privacyfag
I still use Gmail
>>
>>36290076
is it? i stopped using firefox when it started to suck, how much better has it gotten?
>>
>>36290076
Honestly not surprised to hear it's faster but Chrome is more convenient for me since I have android and I'm a slave to Google now.
>>
>>36290079
it's as fast as chrome now since firefox quantum
the downside is now it uses as much RAM as chrome
yay
>>
bulbapedia has always been shit

want to find out what moves vulpix learns by level up in gen 2? type vulpix, click on the vulpix article (it used to take you to a splash page full of every article about vulpix but I think they fixed that), wait for all the bullshit to load, scroll past half the page full of walls of text, sprites, and useless shit, somehow find the list of moves hidden there and then click the gen 2 tab and wait for another page to load and wonder why you didn't just use an easier website.
>>
>>36290071
https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/regarding-current-american-immigration-policy.259717/

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/A_statement_from_the_staff_of_Bulbagarden

https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/1011601341075116032

again, no difficult feat to find this info on your own. if you'd take a moment to stop spouting "b-buzzwords! ;_;" and use the resources openly available to you, you wouldn't need me to spoonfeed this stuff to you
>>
File: Untitled.png (199 KB, 1920x944)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
Nigger just block it

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
>>
>>36290128
>"that one editorial"
>the thing i asked for
>a random tweet
you could have just posted the thing that mattered instead of taking offense to tweets lol
>>
File: ricky.png (92 KB, 598x494)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
When I made this thread I wasn't expecting people to start arguing in it.
>>
>>36290076
tab/history/bookmark syncing across devices
>>
>>36289959
You don't think the background is good?
>>
Serebii is pretty nice. It's a good example that older aesthetics for websites are still pretty functional in comparison to some modern ones.
>>
>>36290027
My ad blocker didn’t block the takeover ad. I had to manually select the boxes, and even then the background wouldn’t die.
>>
>>36290024
the iconoclasts backdrop is still there even with adblock, and bulbapedia has those corner pop up video ads even with adblock too. and those arent even in the screenshot.
>>
>>36290720
Stop with this bullshit. Serebii is not “pretty functional”. The font is tiny, navigation is via dropdown forms, text is white-on-black, everything’s jammed up against each other with no spacing. Plus he writes like a fucking 4 year old.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.