[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Pic related deserves a mega more than any other Pokemon and here’s why:

>He’s stylistically better than Pikachu in every way. Bigger, cooler, better coloring, etc.
>Got an Alola form that, while not horrible looking, compromises Raichus distinctive look for usefulness
>He’s fucking useless competetively while his Alola form is actually pretty good in certain situations
>Pikachu gets light orb, eviolite and a Z move, Alola Raichu gets a Z move, Raichu has nothing but its shitty stats
>It is the original evolution to the most popular Pokemon on the planet but it’s entirely looked over
>It would most likely use Gorochu’s design for it’s mega, which would be fucking amazing
>>
I want a qt female raichu to groom.
>>
>>36290610
He's good in VGC/Doubles at least, but definitely would love to see a Mega Raichu. I'm amazed they haven't made one yet.
>>
Raichu is perfect as he is. Always been my bro
>>
>>36290770
*sis
Raichus are qt mouse girls to cuddle
>>
>>36290610
Why are Raichufags so loud and obnoxious? What's their problem?
>>
>>36290610
>>He’s stylistically better than Pikachu in every way
But it's objectively the worst design in the line, and now that we know about Gorochu it's obvious why this thing is so inferior- it was intended as the awkward middle chlid rather than the capstone, a roe it's decidedly unsuited for
>>
>>36290932
>and now that we know about Gorochu
desu Gorochu sounds a lot worse
>>
File: 1352220572318.png (85 KB, 421x500)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>36290610
>Ask kids daily who is their favorite Pokemon
>It's always PIkachu or Greninja
>But what about Raichu?
>Who is Raichu?
>Pikachu Evolution
>Pikachu is too strong to evolve/ IF Ash dont evolve his Pikachu why I would?
>>
>>36290916
Inferiority complex.
>>
>Forcing Pikachu to not evolve because they know players want Raichu

Ridiculous, I want to journey with a Raichu bro
>>
>>36292656
it's ok you can get directly pikachu in viridian this time
>>
>>36292704
>Having to throw away your starter and catch another Pikachu or Eevee because GameFreak passive aggressively blocks evolution
>>
>>36292913
>Passively

I bet they'll go the agressive route they took in Yellow version:

Even Pikachu and Eevee traded into the game cannot be evolved.

I tried that way back when, not even one from my Silver version would evolve. It was interesting to see the following Pikachu's expression become enraged after boxing a Pika or traded over Raichu though. Horny little fuck.
>>
Raichu is based
>>
File: Raichu.full.1505298.jpg (300 KB, 778x1100)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>36294212
FAT
>>
>>36290770
this
>>
>>36290610
It still won't be fair if Kanto Raichu gets a mega and Alola Raichu doesn't
>>
>>36290916
they're bitter because raichu will forever be overshadowed by it's NFE form
>>
>>36292656
>Forcing Pikachu to not evolve because they know players want Raichu
Delusion
>>
>>36295592
If people loved Pikachu so much, the option would be there to evolve it giving the player a choice. It made sense sort of in Yellow because you were literally playing the anime out in a secondary way, this game should allow you to evolve your pokemon if you want
>>
>>36295626
>If people loved Pikachu so much
If? Pikachu is the more loved Pokemon even more by the normies.
>>
Well if all the Pokémon that got copyrighted recently get megas then things might turn around for this guy.
>>
>>36295636
Anon the point is this, since it went right over your head:

If people loved Pikachu enough to NOT try and evolve it, they wouldnt have the restrictions

As a 6 year old kid I was definitely not alone in seeing Lt Surge have a Raichu and try to evolve Pikachu ASAP because of how dope Raichu looked. I was young enough to see the first movie when it initially released and that vacation part with Pikachu vs Raichu clearly gave kids an idea thag this is what Pikachu evolves into

Just because YOU like Pikachu better doesnt mean its not a dumb design
>>
>>36295660
And by design I mean the game mechanic, Pikachu is a kino design in his own right
>>
>>36295660
>Loves Fatchu
>Says that Pikachu as a dumb design
>>
>>36295677
See>>36295674

I think Pikachu is great too
>>
>>36290982
At least it would spared us from pichu
>>
>Reasoning for not evolving Pikachu back in the day was that you were playing as Ash Ketchum, even though Gary got to evolve his Eevee
>Reasoning nowadays that you can’t evolve Pikachu or Eevee is “haha evolution might be considered too hard for some players”
>>
>>36290610
Raichu deserves a Mega simply because it is an outclassed Electric-type and needs something other than a regional variant to stay relevant.
>>
>>36295528
Alolan Raichu has an exclusive Z-Move, and Kantonian Raichu doesn't. It's a good way to even the odds.

This also isn't the first time we've had inequality between branched evolutions; Froslass still doesn't have a Mega Evolution, for instance.
>>
>>36295746
The regional variants outclass basically every version of the original Pokemon

Raichu better get a mega because its way too useless and they cock teased us with gorochu
>>
>>36295762
Kantonian Dugtrio and Raticate are better than their Alolan counterparts. Also, Raichu is better in most general scenarios due to having fewer weaknesses and Lightning Rod.
>>
GORACHU WHEN
>>
>>36297108
I predict Game Freak is going to break series conventions and have Raichu evolve into Gorochu (as a permanent regular evo and not a mega)
Pikachu's line will be the only exception to the "3 stage max" rule since it's special in GF's eyes.
>>
>He’s fucking useless competetively while his Alola form is actually pretty good in certain situations

If he was useless, why was he on 6th guy's team in NA Internationals?
https://trainertower.com/2018-north-american-internationals/
>>
>>36290610
raichu would be pretty good if light ball worked on it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.