[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Hansen_Shedinja.png (437 KB, 720x544)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
Is there any reason to NOT make wonder guard also ignore damage like magic guard? It's not like Shedinja would be much better, she'd just become usable
>>
>>36290691
>she'd
>>
>>36290691
Shedinja would become better than usable, it would become actually amazing if that were the case, it would become way too strong
>>
magic guard + wonder guard = True Guard

Mega Shedinja gets it
>>
>>36290710
bad STAB
bad coverage
bad movepool
bad stats

even if it didn't take damage from it, burn would incapacitate it anyway
>>
>>36290691
>>36290710
>>36290732
Skill Swap you dumb fuck. No need to make the ability even more busted if it's abusable by better Pokemon.
>>
it'd trick bad players into thinking shedinja is a good mon

even if it did have a magic guard effect, you're still gambling on the current enemy not having a move it's weak to
>>
>>36290732
it doesn't need coverage, movepool, or stats if it's literally untouchable by most mons and can come in completely freely against them too, regardless of hazards. If wonder guard worked like this I would literally run pursuit on every single team.
>>
>>36290751
You can’t skill swap wonder guard
>>
>>36290759
At least 4/6 Pokemon will carry a move that can KO Shedinja, they're almost all faster or tanky enough to not be KOed themselves from one SD boosted attack

Reminder Shedinja is weak to dark, flying and fire, three of the best and most prevalent offensive types
>>
>>36290710
>way too strong against Knock Off meta
haha no
>>
>>36290751
The only way to spread Wonder Guard is to Mimic Entrainment. Mimic is a tutor exclusive to FRLG/E/XD
>>
>>36290706
Yeah, She'dinja
>>
>>36290691
Yeah, it should absolutely only take direct SE damage
Needs a slight stat buff too
Wouldn't be busted, it has very common weakneses
>>
>>36290751
>Skill Swap you dumb fuck
they will make it like battle bond/stance change in order to prevent it if even they decide to update that hability
>>
>>36290691
Honestly I don't care what it gets.
I just want my 'lil hollow bro to be usable dammit.
>>
>>36290691
She used to be decent until pebbles and venomous needles happened, realistically if you want her to get slightly better and usable enough to regain the niche team usage just let Nincada or its evolutions learn Pursuit or Mean Look, they do already learn Mind Reader if I recall correctly.
>>
>stall teams now run shedinja
>if they take out all your pokemon with shedinja coverage they just autowin
>every offensive pokemon has to run shedinja coverage now to not be dead weight against shedinja stall
>lack of coverage makes stall even harder for them to beat even if shedinja is killed
haha yes this is a GOOD idea
>>
>>36293162
>losing against stall
>>
>>36293162
taunt
>>
I'm using Shedinja in a Ruby playthrough

It's actually as fuck. Getting fucked by Weather and Statuses doesn't matter when like 3/4 mons literally can't do anything to you.

If you're talking competitive though then you're just fucked either way. In a competitive situation mechanics like these are always either banned or useless.
>>
>>36290691
You know, gen 3's description of wonder guard ("only ""super effective"" hits) has always made me want for it to genuinely block everything but super effective stuff based on type, including status. For example, will-o-wisp is a fire type move, shedinja is weak to it and gets burned; toxic is a poison type move, wonder guard blocks it.

So basically sheddy becomes immune to thunder wave, leech seed, hail, spikes, toxic and toxic spikes, but remains weak to willo, stealth rocks and sand (sandstorm is a rock type move). Life orb and confusion, being typeless, still affect it normally.
>>
>>36290732
Shedinja doesn't care about those. With Shedinja, your goal is to eliminate anything that can hit it and then gradually whittle the opponent away. It doesn't matter how little damage you're doing, or whether you're outsped.
>>
>>36290691
It becomes a broken as fuck wall. Once you remove the Pokemon with Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost, Dark coverage, and Mold Breaker, its basically GG.
Choice items become significantly less viable since picking a move that isn't SE on Shedinja becomes a complete waste of PP.
Bulk Up/Calm Mind/Curse sets now require you to have SE coverage, possibly forgoing STAB entirely or resttalk.
Defensive hazard setters get fucked hard if they aren't named Skarmory.
Defensive Pokemon in general get fucked if they aren't immune/uneffected by Toxic. Porygon2 now becomes standard in Stall with Trace.
>>
>>36290691
>Porygon2 and Gardevoir cores become a thing to take advantage of Wonder Guards major buffs
>>
Yes, it's OP enough rite now.
>>
>>36293465
I played through AS with Shedinja. Was a real pain, seems like everything has a status move or carries a Dark move.
>>
>>36290732
if shedinja becomes impervious to residual damage then the only thing that can possibly kill it is super effective moves. with that, shedinja becomes a victory condition just by existing, your opponent is forced to carry something that can hit shedinja super effectively (which admittedly isn't hard) and protect those tools because if they die, you instantly lose the game barring some sort of pp stalling shenanigans. if you complain about something overcentralizing a meta, you shouldn't advocate shedinja getting this kind of ridiculous buff.
>>
>>36297764
considering how early you can get shedinja they probably specifically designed the game so you can't just cruise through it by letting shedinja cockblock everything and anything

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.