[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: U6boxart.jpg (212 KB, 399x500)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
No Ultima thread? Well, let's change that.
Which game from the series is your favourite and why?
Is Nuvie any good? Similar to Exult? And are there any other emulators/mods/remakes of Ultima games?
>>
>>4305350
There are Dungeon Siege mods that remake Ultima 5+6.
>>
>>4305368
I heard of those, I also heard they are unnecessary hard, is that true?
>>
>>4305350
Ultima 7 is my favorite by far, though I could not imagine playing it without Exult
>>
>>4305350
Old Ultima dragon reporting in. I'll give some minor heresy, I didn't like 6. There was nothing wrong with the story or the pacing, but I didn't like the interface all that much, and it's one of the few ones I never bothered to replay; I'd much rather watch a LP than play through it again myself.

Also, it's been ages since UW2, and I can't remember, what makes the goblins down in the sewers get the blackrock serpent that you carry into Serpent Isle? I know it's relatively latey game, and you have to go through a fairly unintuitive convo option, but I never actually worked out the exact trigger.
>>
Ultima Online is going semi-F2P in 2018 after 21 years
>>
>>4305350
Ah, good timing; was just revisiting xu4 for Ultima IV. I realized xu4 still has a number of bugs where it hangs; I reported them on their Sourceforge site two years ago, but no response. I assume it's ded at this point. So the game is playable, up until you have to start exploring dungeons for stones, then if you do certain things wrong, it hangs. It'd be nice if somebody from /vr/ or /g/ took a crack at finishing them.

cont'd...
>>
>>4305529
>cont'd...

Examples:
General: getting chests seems to be bugged, at least in some dungeons, like the Abyss
Shame: climbing the ladder from level 8 to level 7, turn right, and the game freezes/hangs;
note: music continues to play, but xu4 ceases to respond; computer fan also revs up quite a bit;
fan calms down after force-quitting and restarting xu4. Only restarting xu4 and using the Y-up spell works; must use Z-down on the way back to the altar room.
Despise: upon climbing the ladder from level 6 to level 5 (the one that's NOT with the many
treasure chests!), again requiring the use of Y-up and Z-down due to hanging/freezing as
described above. Note that this dungeon also hangs the same way upon peering at a gem, and even with using the cheat menu (Ctrl-c, then p)! That problem may also occur anywhere in other dungeons, IIRC.
Wrong: within THE ENTIRE DUNGEON(!), if you ignite a torch or cast Light, the game freezes/hangs as described above. This is a bug that may occur in some dungeons, but not others. As a result the player is forced to consult the web for a map to use, since Gems/View may also not work here
Deceit: taking the west exit out of the southeast room on level 7 freezes/hangs the game as
described above. Interestingly, you can successfully take the south exit out of the northwest room on the same level, but DO NOT turn right to face the wall, or the game hangs as described.
Abyss: at the final altar when you get asked a bunch of questions about the virtues, the "is xu4
installed?" error pops up, and the program crashes. Cannot get past this
>>
Are Worlds of Ultima any good?
>>
For an Ultima newbie what's a good starting point? My CRPG experience is limited to the Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Might and Magic games and I'm looking to expand.
>>
>>4305563
Well, I'm the anon above that didn't like the U6 engine, so take this with a grain of salt.

Savage Empire is okayish, it goes for a pulpy 30's magazine adventure in a forgotten valley sort of game. It has some neat ideas, but I found it a bit dull. Martian Dreams, however, is much neater IMO, and the gameplay is just a bit smoother. They're both very exploration heavy games, almost adventure games with combat rather than "true" RPGs.

>>4305596
Start with 4, then play in chronological order until Serpent's Isle or maybe Pagan. Then go back and do 1-3. Pretend 9 doesn't exist.
>>
>>4305475
I wonder if my dragons are still stabled after all this time
>>
>>4305670
might go wild when you take them out, then again that might have been patched with all the other hardcore shit they removed to make it trammieland
>>
>>4305678
Shouldnt do last time I played Bonding was a thing, with the summon balls.
>>
File: nuvie_gui.png (39 KB, 671x447)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>4305470

Nuvie fixes a lot of the ass backwards UI Ultima 6 had.
>>
>>4305780
Not that anon, but I'm trying nuvie now. Started the game, killed the three demons, got out of combat mode - and can't talk to anyone for some reason. Also, tried to leave the throne room and nuvie crashed. Maybe I've got a buggy version?
>>
>>4305898

This version of Ultima 6 is working fine for me:

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/ultima-vi-the-false-prophet-11s
>>
>>4305470

Eh, it wasn't my favorite either, I think for me, already knowing why the gargoyles rose up from the underworld ruined it for me (my starting point was Ultima VII as a kid). It would've been cool figuring it out playing it when the game came out.

>hunting for map pieces
>>
>>4305754
Yeah, if i remember correctly if you didnt feed your bonded pets in 7 days, they would go wild when you tried to give them a command
>>
I think nuvie does a better job than Exult since you can interchange saves with the IBM-DOS version. The Gumps are also less frustrating to use and you can have the voice acting from the FM Towns.
Looking forward to seeing them implement Martian Dreams and Savage Empire
>>
>>4305350
6 and 7 are the best of the main series by far (and MAYBE 7 Part II). Though my personal favorites are Underworld 1 and 2. I still think those are the best dungeons crawlers ever made.
>>
Ultima is the Shakespeare of video games, i.e. the absolute creative pinnacle and the most fundamental of all video games that can be found in the roots of nearly everything that followed.
>>
>>4306076
I would have laughed at you for making this analogy, but I actually agree with you.
>>
What is the best configuration for Nuvie?
>>
>no spoony
>no ultima 8 best ultima bs
This is a good thread
>>
>>4306487
That depends on your system and your personal preferences. Try around with the U7 style gumps, scaling, extra options etc.

For video I use:
<game_style>new</game_style>
<scale_method>Point</scale_method>
<scale_factor>3</scale_factor>
<fullscreen>yes</fullscreen>
<screen_width>640</screen_width>
<screen_height>360</screen_height>
<game_width>1920</game_width>
<game_height>1080</game_height>
<game_position>center</game_position>
<non_square_pixels>no</non_square_pixels>
>>
File: IMG_1899.jpg (352 KB, 600x891)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
What game would you guys suggest to start with to someone who has never played an Ultima game?
>>
>>4306552
1, 3, 4
>>
>>4306552
see>>4305661
>>
>>4306539
Great, thanks. Is there an option to speed up the movement, like fps in Exult?
>>
Anyone know if The Ultima 6 Remake, the Ultima 7 mod is finished?
>>
>>4306552
It depends. How old are you and what's the oldest game you can replay?
>>
>>4305532
There was an anon in a previous Ultima thread who'd posted a link to the "latest" SVN of xu4 for Ultima IV. I've gotta thank that anon, 'cause that version seems to have solved all the dungeon bugs that were preventing me from getting all the stones. I just now got 'em with no problems. I also wish I'd saved or bookmarked the link so I could refer other people to it.
>>
>>4306014
Hmm, how would I get nuvie to work with this?
>>
>>4307298
Never mind, changed the gamedir in the nuvie.cfg file. Problem is, it still crashed when either leaving the throne room (from a new game) or trying to enter the castle (from a saved game near that point). Anyone else had this problem with nuvie?
>>
>>4307294
AHA!
http://xu4.sourceforge.net/download.php
Just grab the first link on the page (xu4 snapshot for Windows), and that should get you the right one! Digging through my Firefox history paid off!

captcha: beaver verano
>>
>>4307316
Just checked out their github; man, there's only 1-2 people who've even done anything on it since 2016. Though they have worked on it even as recently as a week or so ago, so it's not completely dead. Would be nice if some /vr/ or /g/ guys could help out.
>>
>>4305661
I'd recommend to skip Serpent Isle and Pagan.
Ascension is more worth of a look.
>>
>>4308763
Don't even think of skipping Serpent Isle, it's the better of two sevens. It might be rushed but story is a lot better than the Black Gate.
>>
>>4308821
It's a linear slog and the story is too convoluted.
Black Gate had plenty of issues but Serpent Isle made them worse instead of fixing them.
>>
>>4308840
In black gate I accidentally skipped 90% of main story quest just by exploring some area. I'd rather take linear slog over pointless sandbox.
>>
>>4308763
>>4308840
If you don't like linear Ultimas, how the fuck can you possibly recommend Ascension?
>>
>>4308950
Because it isn't that linear. You get some choice which town to visit first and there's stuff to discover on the side whereas Serpent Isle seems to exist solely for the purpose of the main quest.
>>
How do I acquire the Seance spell and flying carpet in Ultima 7?
>>
>>4309037
>flying carpet
Outside of dungeon (despise?) its west of Britain,I remember alot of twisties to get there.

Forget how to get the seance spell.
Game is so much more fun without gamefaqs,it was made kinda pre internet,you had to hope you know somebody irl that has this game.
>>
>>4308964
Serpent Isle
>Has the entirety of Silver Seed
>Has you able to go in any direction once you can leave Monitor, which can be done with only the barest handful of stuff in Monitor, hell, you can even rescue Iolo by just stealing pocket change from people's houses.
>Once you get past the swamp, you can tackle the ice areas and the great northern forest in any order you damn well please.
>Those cellars underneath the monastary
>All those side annexes in Furnace, that dungeon that leads to the Goblin area, the Ophidian cities, none of which are required to go to for plot. (By the way, stuff existing for the main quest doesn't make something linear, linear means that you have to go from point A to B to C to D to E in that particular order, which is not something that SI makes you do; when you're hitting up the various shrines, you don't have to go in any particular pattern).

Meanwhile, in Ascension
>Start on Earth (which has two moons for some reason)
>Go to Stonegate
>Go to Britain
>Go to Despise. If you want to go somewhere else, fuck you. Remember that giant boulder that blocks the way to Yew? The one that will eventually just disappear for no real reason? You want to go to Trinsic? Fuck you! Unless you cheat http://it-he.org/u9_otwab.php
>You WILL go to Despise, and then to Paws, and then on a ridiculous tunnel about a quarter of the world's width to Buccaneer's den.
>There you can get a boat. You can't sail it wherever you want of course, but Raven can tell you where you can go. Want to visit the Isle of the Avatar, check out the Shrine? Fuck you!

>>4309037
The Flying carpet is near Despise. From Britain, you kind of have to go west, then north, then back east in the mountains. It'll be right by the dungeon entrance. At least according to the codex wiki, you can buy Seance from Mariah (Moonglow), Nicodemus (Yew, but you'll need Unlock Magic), and Rudyom (Cove). Rudyom tells you about the carpet, so I'm guessing you haven't checked that out.
>>
>>4309048
>Outside of dungeon (despise?) its west of Britain,I remember alot of twisties to get there.

Hm, I thought you get it from Rudyom in Cove. I'll check it out.

>Game is so much more fun without gamefaqs,it was made kinda pre internet,you had to hope you know somebody irl that has this game.
Yeah, I know, I miss playing games this way, but then remember how many games I never finished as a kid because I got stuck (and constant backtracking). Otherwise I don't use faqs, ever, I just like to get some vague hints.
>>
>>4309063
You can't really get anywhere but Fawn. The ferry to Moonshade isn't available and the swamp requires you to clear all three cities.
Most of the other stuff is just unfinished things left in with nothing or value or relevance. It feels less like exploring a living world and more like looking at a corpse EA strung together to release it on time.

You have plenty of things to do in the area around Britain aside from destroying the column.
The boat can be controlled halfway through the game, allowing you to reach things like Skara Brae before you've destroyed the remaining columns.
>>
>>4309109
Completely wrong. You can go straight from Monitor to Sleeping Bull, free the captain, and then onto Moonshade, without ever setting foot in Fawn or needing to.

>Most of the other stuff is just unfinished things left in with nothing or value or relevance. It feels less like exploring a living world and more like looking at a corpse EA strung together to release it on time.
I can say the exact same thing about U9 like that fucking museum, filled with things that can't possibly be there or are rendered wrong.
>>
>>4309203
Won't you die from the poison sooner or later?
>>
>>4309203
U9 is differently than SI or 8. They had too much time to develop and not enough consistent supervision so a lot of material had piled up and they put it together with a shoestring plot so you get bullshit like Hythloth being sewers.
The museum stuff is a parody.
>>
>>4306552
IV.
Sure, it's aged like shit, but the mechanics are really interesting, and the story is very interesting, too. I can't think of any other game in which its story revolves around building your character, rather than building your character for the story.
>>
I admit, I may be an item hoarder.
>>
>>4309286
Always carry few boxes with you, you never know when you'll need some stairs.
>>
>>4309286
And then you realize that the Serpent ring is missing and have to search through your entire inventory.
>>
>>4309315
>Realizing you have to go through the bee cave once again because little shit Spark was hungry and you accidentally gave him honey and he'll soon be plump
>>
>>4309208
You only get poisoned if you go take the knight's test and get the tattoo. You can easily put that off. Not to mention the poison literally does jack shit.(seriously, start up a game, don't train at all, get poisoned, and see how long it takes to kill you if you just stand around)

>>4309223
So what? That doesn't change that it's poorly built and yes, very linear.

>it's a parody.
Bullshit. It's just them being sloppy and not paying attention to detail, consistent with the entire rest of the game. What exactly do you think they're parodying?
>>
>>4309351
>What exactly do you think they're parodying?
Museums and the Ultima franchise.
>>
>>4305350
There are fully beatable modules of U4 in Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, but that's not /vr/.
>>
>>4305470
>what makes the goblins down in the sewers get the blackrock serpent that you carry into Serpent Isle? I know it's relatively latey game, and you have to go through a fairly unintuitive convo option, but I never actually worked out the exact trigger.

It's just a useless easter egg item. I think you have to help them kill some worms in the sewer, and after that there's some specific dialog choices which i can't remember.
>>
>>4305661
>>4308763
What's a paladin, anon tachis?
>>
>>4309063
>Silver Seed
Never beat the silver seed, but I'm sure it's impossible to beat it with starting stats if you go there ASAP.
>>
>>4309286
I just put them on a boat in Black Gate. Too bad you can't get boats early on Serpent Isle. And I don't think you can teleport a whole room into the Silver Seed part of the game.
>>
I'll never be able to play these games because the oblique perspective makes me nauseated
>>
>>4309485
What the fuck does that have to do with whether the game is linear or not? Also, I'm not entirely certain of that. The Maze has no combat at all, and the Outpost is fairly weak. Aram Dol's lair and the area with the Fiend are much tougher, yes, but if you'e hunted for magic bows and use the ophidian arrows that they leave littered about, you can probably prevail with some difficulty.
>>
File: 783px-U9-2.jpg (134 KB, 783x600)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
What's a current engine to achieve this?
>>
>>4309351
>(seriously, start up a game, don't train at all, get poisoned, and see how long it takes to kill you if you just stand around)
It's worse when you are active and get involved in fights and other strenuous activity. And you can't heal since there's no magic at that point.
>>
>>4309721
>It's worse when you are active and get involved in fights and other strenuous activity.
No, it isn't. It's a simple chance of 1d3 damage per hour. It's often less than your natural healing per hour.

>And you can't heal since there's no magic at that point.
You don't need to.
>>
>>4305350

I love Ultima IV. I had played the previous ones, but U4 is where the whole Ultima world really started to come together, IMO. Prior to that it was okay to be a bastard in Ultima games, like killing shopkeepers and stuff, but with U4 you have to be better than that, because only an Avatar is going to be able to stop the evil pouring out into the world.
The later games are great, but U4 has a kind of special place for me. (It might be because I was just old enough to grasp the themes it was going for at the time)
>>
>>4309872
I certainly would have needed it. Shit kept fucking me over because I didn't realize it until it was too late.
>>
>>4309526
You can try "Exult Rotate" for Ultima 7.
>>
Is the completion certificate still a thing?

Also, what do you think of Underworld Ascendant?
>>
>>4308964
If you don't like linear games, why bother playing Ultima?
>>
>>4310034
Sorry I meant IF YOU DON'T LIKE SANDBOX*
>>
>>4310036
I don't understand what your question relates to. Neither 7 nor 9 are sandboxes.
>>
>>4309539
>I wanna more hardcore
Maybe you're playng the wrong genre.
>>
>>4310046
Because I am an autist and wrote sandbox instead of non linear. Punch me to death now.
>>
>>4310052
>Claim that Serpent's Isle is not as linear as Ascension.
>Other anon tries to claim that linearity is apparently defined by how much of the game is necessary to complete for the main plot.
>Point out the entirety of the Sivler Seed, none of which is necessary to win the game.
>Someone (else?) claims that you can't win the Silver Seed right with your starting party, as if that's relevant at all.
>That's probably wrong too.

Seriously wat? Does U9 fanboying cause brain damage?
>>
>>4309709
This looks nice
>>
>>4310114
Silver Seed is just an item shop to give you overpowered shit in an attempt to fix a broken game.
>>
>>4310971
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>4311013
Why? Silver Seed and Forge of Virtue are crap. It's hardly worth calling them an addon.
>>
>>4311019
>I think that Silver Seed and/or Forge of virute are crap
>THIS PROVES THAT THE GAME IS LINEAR
To think that the statements are connected implies a grave problem in your overall cognition. Thus, I asked if you had brain damage.
>>
>>4311025
Am I not allowed to voice my disdain about Silver Seed?
>>
>>4311048
Sure you can. But why inject it into a chain of replies about whether or not a game is linear? You could (gasp) just put it in a post without quoting anyone.
>>
>>4311054
It's a chain talking about Silver Seed, most of which wasn't about whether it was linear or not.
>>
>>4311057
>>4311054
>>4311048
It's called Dylexia.
>>
>>4312719
You mean Dyxlesia?
>>
Why is /vr/ slower than /tg/?
>>
>>4313910
Did YOU mean dyslexia?
>>
>>4314932
Yes, tath's what I said
>>
So is UO approachable for a new player on the private servers? I've literally never played an mmorpg before but the stories of UO have me intrigued to try it out. Don't mind a learning curve and all that, just hoping I can team up with people to help out killing monsters and maybe roleplaying? If that's fun to do.
>>
>>4315454
I'd also like to know.
Also, storywise, where do Underworld and Worlds series come in?
>>
>>4314932
Did (You) mean lysdexia?
>>
>>4315462
Chronologically, you go u6-Underworld 1-Black Gate- Underworld 2- Serpent's Isle. Do note, however, that UW2 was made after SI, and thus actually contains a couple of minor spoilers for it.

As for the Worlds of Ultima games, they definitely take place after u5, and very probably u6, but they're adventures that happen to the Avatar outside of Britannia, and thus don't really connect with the main series at all.
>>
>>4315454
b4315454
Private servers are full of the most toxic niggers you will ever meet, the original official UO servers were never like that because back in 1997, only adults had 15$ a month to spend on subscriptions + internet + gaming pc, etc.

I do not recommend UO to new players in this day and age, as UO is a sandbox where the community is what makes it fun.

Don't get me wrong, there were fags that yelled "OWNED L0L" when you died in pvp and stuff, and that was annoying but now its just like 4chan: the game levels of immature beaners.

Thats another thing, since the dawn of private servers, it has always been a mjority of spics and foreigners that play free servers because they couldnt afford the monthly subscription
>>
>>4315519
I should also note, there is also this weirdness to people still playing UO. You'll find that most people talk like they are stuck in the 90's gaming scene.

Like they have been playing UO non stop for 20 years and never interact in the real world.
>>
>>4315530
Not that anon, but they seem like /vr/'s kind of people.
>>
>>4315589

I guess, if their into that shit, sure.
I personally only use 4chan for uncensored speech and discussion, then leave that shit at the door when im doing other things like gaming.

I don't want a barrage of shit thrown at me every single place I go
>>
Anybody been reading Sean Malstrom's articles of the history of Ultima?
>>
Haaaa~, just beat xu4 again. Still satisfying. Minor gripes:
>the colors that get filled in on the sigil as the codex asks you questions shouldn't look like multi-colored visual static; they should look like, well, colors
>the virtue/level/stat grinding yes I know I can cheese them in xu4
Still, very good experience overall.
>>
>>4317426
>the colors that get filled in on the sigil as the codex asks you questions shouldn't look like multi-colored visual static; they should look like, well, colors
Update: looks like this only happens on the graphics settings where art was actually added to the questioning sequence; EGA and such don't have this problem since it's just white lines on black background
>>
>>4317426
Another minor gripe:
>music occasionally cuts out, requiring restart to get the music back; sfx are always fine
>spellcasting takes a bit longer than it should, especially with the white flash
>>
Nuvie for U6 seems to work just fine with the GOG version of the game; haven't seen any bugginess yet, anyway.
>>
How the fuck do you get Ultima VII working on modern computers?
>>
>>4317925
DOSBox or Exult.
>>
>>4317883
The Nuvie graphics config that seems to work for me is: both screen and game resolution @854x480, scale factor 2. This is on an laptop with native 1920x1080 display. Dunno why, but this makes the nuvie window fit just well enough on my screen, and the game objects aren't all tiny as fuck.
>>
>>4317925
Play the SNES version.
>>
>>4318104
Come on dude, you know they are totally different.

Snes has heart health for crying out loud!
>>
>>4318106
It's the better game.
>>
File: 14c[1].jpg (27 KB, 600x733)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>4318110
If you're going to make absurd claims like that, you better have a single fact to back that up friendo.
>>
>>4318113
Ultima 7 PC has terrible gameplay. It's a badly designed adventure with horrible combat tagged on.
The SNES version is a solid action adventure.
>>
>>4318119
I might retry the snes version eventually, but until then I'm going to assume your a big weenie.
>>
>>4318126

He's trolling you. The SNES port of Ultima 7 is one of the worst RPGs ever.
>>
>>4318136
Yeah, I bet you can't even pick up stuff in that game.
>>
>>4318136
Ultima 7 is hardly RPG to begin with.
People hate the SNES port for being different or because of censorship, not because it's actually bad.
>>
>>4317926
I tried DOSBox and it doesn't work.
>>
>>4318964
Exult, it's way better than playing on DosBox, you can rescale the game, change the sound hardware (yes), change the fps, plus, there are mods for it.
>>
File: works on my machine.png (368 KB, 1024x990)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>4318964
>>
Just had two separate thoughts about Ultima, neither of them are /vr/:
>just realized that Ultima (at least starting with IV) is part of the "summoned to another world" genre; now I'm thinking of how those tropes would fit in Britannia
>starting to want a modern remake of IV; aside from major graphics redo, I'm thinking of leadership/crowd/reputation mechanics; "by speech and by deed, show the people the Way to Enlightenment", or some such; so a) solving/helping NPCs figure out their moral dilemmas, b) deeds should include gifting items/gold or slaying particularly difficult monsters or defending towns from assault or retrieving symbols/items that are important to NPCs/groups, c) perhaps progression along the path makes for some kind of visible/noticeable change to the Avatar himself that affects reputation among NPCs. And so on. I'd imagine there's ways to make it so there's no excessive grinding.
>>
>>4319306
>starting to want a modern remake of IV
And you get Ultima Forever.
>>
>>4319340
No MMORPGs for me, thanks. Single-player ONLY!
>>
Yeesh, getting going at the start of VI is tough. I forgot how VI is >inventory management: the game, even with nuvie's improvements.
>weight carry limit per character, which is an issue while looting
>organizing things with bags and backpacks
>keeping chests and such in a home base to which you have to return periodically
>quest item organization
>having and carrying enough gold to buy what you need
>the hoops you jump through to earn (meager) money peacefully 'cause sometimes you just don't wanna dungeon-crawl
>having to switch between 2H weapon and spellbook, or sword/shield and spellbook, or dual-wielded weapons and spellbook
And so on.
>>
>>4319907
Does nuvie fix items on the ground getting lost?
I had fucked up and lost one of the lenses that way. I had to enter debug mode and reset several flags to get it back.
>>
>>4320147
I think it does (or at least it has so far for me), but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>4319002
How accurate is it?
>>
>>4320486
Accuracy isn't exactly what you want in a game like U7. There's tons of bugs and bullshit not present in Exult.
You really don't want to play SI without SI-Fixes.
>>
>>4321150
>SI

wat.
>>
>>4322401
Serpent Isle
http://exult.sourceforge.net/seventowers/downloads.php?section=0&page=2
>>
why did it take so long for someone to speedrun serpent isle
>>
>>4324189
Because games about exploration and dialog don't usually lend themselves to speedrunning.
>>
>>4305372
no, i finished 5 and am awful at these games
>>
>>4307347
Thanks for this! I love Ultima threads and find myself browsing these every time they pop up. I'm going to save this link, and will keep it handy for others if anyone should ask from now on.
>>
Can you play instruments in Ultima 7, like in 6 and Worlds of Ultima? This is a very fun feature that I spent a lot of time on.
>>
>>4326243
No because that would require using the keyboard. They play a fixed melody.
There's one in Serpent Isle where you can select various BGM tracks and the characters comment on it as a joke.
>>
>>4326249
Ah, that's too bad.
>>
>>4326243
You can play instruments in Ultima Underworld.
>>
>>4322410
ah
>>
>>4326702
Is it like Ultima 6, where you use press numbers?
>>
>>4330515
Yep. There's even a quest that requires it.
>>
>>4330515
Yeah.
>>
>>4332542
Let threads die if you have nothing to contribute.
>>
File: u9_in_ultima-iii.png (12 KB, 512x512)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>
File: Ultima VII.gif (2.5 MB, 640x397)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB GIF
>>
File: Ultima VII.webm (2.37 MB, 1514x944)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB WEBM
>>4332972
>>
File: Gosh.jpg (47 KB, 615x410)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>4332973
>>
>>4315530
You have described me and the UO community perfectly. We are gamer elitists, no other game matches up to UO, and it has ruined my life.

>14 years of Ultima Online free servers
>>
>>4333036
this is the most 4chan post ever

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.