[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_0213.jpg (55 KB, 907x512)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Anyone able to give me a complete idiots guide on how to make this work?
Got one a few days ago and the console roms are easy even for me but no luck with this.
Tried loads of different roms and sites saying how to get it to work but no success.
Anyone tell me exactly which rom to get, where to put it and any other steps I need to do in the simplest way possible? Cheers.
>>
>memeberry pi
>>
>>4312632
Hoping for an answer as well op. I've never been able t get MAME games running. I'd love to be able to play some old arcade games.
>>
Download this: emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/The_Simpsons_(4_Players_World,_set_1)/16623

Put it in the arcade folder, when you start the game and it says "press A to change settings" or whatever, do that, go to "select emulator for rom" and choose "lr-mame2003"
>>
>>4312660
Cheers I'll give this a try. You mean when I start the game itself? So this will show up on the main menu so I can launch the game then chose the emulator? Because I've put roms in the arcade folder before loaded them and after waiting and refreshing there's no arcade or any section on the menu? Just the list of consoles I've loaded roms for. Is there another step to make them appear on the menu?
>>
>>4312632
What's the point of a Retro Pi? When I could just play it on my PC via MAME?
>>
>>4312718
Portability for me. Each to their own though
>>
>>4312632
For Konami games I use Fire Burner Alpha (fba) instead of mame. It works perfectly. I'm about 90% sure I'm using this rom >>4312660 for the Simpsons arcade.
>>
>>4312718
Emulator box that I can play on a crt while sitting on a couch.
>>
>>4312660
>>4312828
I've tried this rom now in both the arcade folder and the fba folder and still no joy.
I've checked the file manager in retro pie and the files all show up so they've been transferred. But still nothing on the start screen except the consoles I've got roms for?
Am I missing something obvious I need to do differently to get them to show?
With the console roms I stick them in the folder on USB transfer them restart emulation and the appear? No sign of the arcade roms at all?
>>
>>4314197
Did you put simpsons.zip on your thumb drive, or did you unzip it first?
>>
>>4314510
I unzipped it first I'm not quite that bad! Then I copied the contents of the folder (not in the folder itself) into the folders on the USB. The exact same as I've done for the sines, mega drive etc roms and I've had no problems with them.
I thought the arcade ones would give me problems with running if I used the wrong emulator or whatever but they don't even appear?
>>
>>4314606
You actually need to leave arcade games zipped - that should fix everything.

There's 5 emulators in this list >>4312660
If you ever have trouble opening a game, try using a different one
>>
>>4312632
Sup OP, you need to make sure that the ROM you're using is for the same version of MAME you're trying to run it under.

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/MAME

Mame2003 is the most compatible for older 2d games, so you'll be looking for a MAME 0.78 romset - you can find MAME romsets on the internet archive

https://archive.org/details/MAME2003_Reference_Set_MAME0.78_ROMs_CHDs_Samples

https://archive.org/download/MAME2003_Reference_Set_MAME0.78_ROMs_CHDs_Samples/roms/simpsons.zip

If you run that ROM under lr-mame2003 as >>4312660
explained, you should be golden.
>>
>>4312832
>composite
ew, just mod a wii f.a.m
>>
>>4314701
Well fuck me I almost didn't try that I thought you were taking the piss! Thanks mate and thanks to the others who pointed me to the right rom.
As if it was that simple! In all the shit I've read about getting arcade rooms working it doesn't make it clear anywhere to leave them zipped.
>>
Theres a 2 player version thats easier to work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.