[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Smt1snescover.jpg (147 KB, 640x1162)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Just got done playing the first Shin Megami Tensei, was pretty fun. It's definitely aged quite a bit, with a very rudimentary demon fusion system and pretty clunky controls but I would easily recommend it to anyone who wants a challenging JRPG.
>>
Currently started this, are guns broken like they are in 2??? I beat 2 before playing 1.
>>
Not as much in the beginning, but once you get the Flash shells (think they're called that, or blind shells) they're ridiculously broken because they can inflict Bind, which to my knowledge not a lot of enemies even resist Bind, and it effectively stops them from doing anything for a number of turns. Also, get demons with Shibaboo/Binding Cry, because that causes Bind too
>>
>>4312654
Been a while since I played, but the nerve bullets that put enemies to sleep were really good.
>>
>>4312648
Yeah, it's definitely a great game. It has a really strong atmosphere despite the simple graphics. I need to finish SMT II someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb45pLOueOE
>>
Games dont age.
>>
>>4312654
Charm is overpowered.
>>
>>4312654
They're even more broken in the first one. There's a part in the game where you can fight level 45+ demons in your late teens and take them down without a scratch if you have the right bullets

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.