[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 24g6lic[1].jpg (291 KB, 1239x803)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
It follows the pattern of giving the player increasing freedom as the game goes on. At first you have one path. Then you have the option of two paths to choose from. Then more. Then when you get to the Inverted castle, it's completely open and you can go anywhere you want to. It also has all new enemies, and some of the most interesting ones in the game. Plus it has most of the best equipment in the game. Since it's open as hell, it's fairly short too, typically only being about 1/3 of total play time. It feels more like a Boss rush than anything.

Given the time restraints and budget, the Inverted Castle is probably the best they could have done. Redesigning new areas would probably be out of the question. As a bonus area it's great. Thank you Koji Igarashi.
>>
Inverted Castle to me has no real difficulty and feels like the shortest stretch of the game entirely. It's just kind of a slag. People always hyped it up as "OH MAN IT'S LIKE PLAYING IT ALL OVER AGAIN", but with all of your powers and abilities unlocked at that point, you can do all the bosses in maybe less than a hour. Not to mention you already have access to the best gear by this point so all the encounters are a joke.
>>
>>4320871
And it's just kind of half-assed, especially once you get a bit higher up: you see the earth and the grass and the trees, then go underground to mines and catacombs, even though there's no reason any of that stuff would be present up in the skies.

Wouldn't it have been a lot cooler to instead ascend into some weirdass cloud palace and then follow it up with a black eldritch star location?
>>
do not hate it.
>>
>>4320869
Because it's a whole lot of tedious nothing.
>>
The repetitive music. SotN has some of the best tracks in the series, so hearing the same two tracks over and over again gets on your nerves even faster.
>>
I like it, it's awesome.
>>
>>4320869
I like it a lot, my biggest complaint is the lack of multiple music tracks. I love the songs they use there, but, I just wish there was more.
>>
>playing on a flatscreen
Sick faggot.
>>
>>4320869
I like it well enough, it's a nice spin on the old 'second quest' that older games had. When you beat Castlevania 1 you start again on hard mode. This is just a spin (like a 180 degree spin) on that, innit.
>>
>>4320869
People hate the best part of the game? Whaaaaaaat?
>>
>>4320901
That would be the first castle.
>>
>>4322167
No you europoor, the inverted castle doesn’t add any challenge, it’s just extra padding for a subpar game.
>>
>>4320869
I liked this game but slowly got bored of it. I forgot how far in I was but it just felt like a fuckload of backtracking and it wasn't really insanely fun like I was told.
>>
>>4320869
I like the new enemies, but it's the same environments all over again, just upside down...the fun of exploring the castle is seeing what cool new areas you can go to and the inverted castle has none of that.
>>
Richter second castle is the only challenge the game has to offer.
>>
>>4320869
only hated it for the fact that half of the inverted castle's music sucked and was just "omg silent tension". other than that if you were just passing it to complete it, it will be boring for you. but if you check out all the small details and compare things between the upright and inverted castles, things get quite interesting.
>>
>>4320869

I loved the inverted castle. I was so sad when I thought the game was over, but then BAM an entire new map. It was such a bonus. Obviously they couldn't design an entire new castle, they used what they had and made it super cool.

>>4322238

Well would you rather just have had the game end? Sure it's not as explorative, but it still adds to the game I think.
>>
Really, having the same 3 BGMs ad nauseum. Especially the one that's really repetitive. Also some really nasty enemies that scale to level 99 would have helped, but that's more of a balance issue.
>>
The inverted castle isn't about exploring new areas, it's about experimenting with items and powers and encountering new enemies with different patterns, who somewhat require the mastery you gained going through the first castle to survive against.
>>
>Why do people hate the Inverted Castle?
FINALE
TOCCATA
>>
>>4320869
At least it's not as shit as the mirror castle in HoD.
>>
>>4321937
baby
>>
>>4320871
>Not to mention you already have access to the best gear by this point so all the encounters are a joke.

Actually the best gear is only available once you get to the inverted castle...
>>
>>4323445
Yeah, but at this point it no longer makes much of a difference: your level's high enough and your gear good enough that a few extra stat points have much less of an impact.

Barring Crissaegrim maybe.
>>
>>4322605
That's why I love it.
>>
>>4320869
May main beef with it, is that theres no real exploration, as you basically already know the layout. Alongside the fact that 75% of it is one song.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.