[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I like the mechanic of switching characters to use different abilities. Legacy of the Wizard, Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse, and Kirby Dreamland 3 are other good examples. What other games are out there that you enjoy playing with that mechanic?
>>
>>4323262
Bucky O'Hare for the NES
>>
Would you consider EVO a cousin of this mechanic?
>>
>>4323262
Psycho Fox.
>>
Sweet Home
>>
>>4323268
I had never heard of this one! Thanks for the recommendation
>4323274
That is an interesting point.
>>
>>4323262
Popful Mail has three playable characters you can switch between at will.
>>
>>4323262
In Little Nemo The Dream Master you can switch between riding different animals. Pretty fun game.
>>
>>4323262

Lost Vikings 1 & 2
>>
starwars nes
>>
>>4323262
Valis III and IV

not great games but they have this mechanic
>>
Weren't the Goemon games like this? Don't remember.
>>
>>4323262
Contra Force
>>
>>4323262
Shock Troopers is a good game that has that mechanic. TMNT on NES does too, but every other turtle is objectively worse than Donatello.

I think being able to switch characters freely at any time is a bad mechanic that slows games down and takes away potential strategic decisions. It's cool in stuff like Legacy of the Wizard where you're committed to your choice until you get back to base.

>>4324018
Ganbare Goemon 4 had free character switching.
>>
Fury of the Furries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7kl3RCnR1Q

>>4323725
SeaQuest DSV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMFFviqmD_o

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.