[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Daggerfall_Cover_art.gif (46 KB, 288x363)
46 KB
46 KB GIF
Come one, come all to discuss the classic game that is Daggerfall! The second game in the Elder Scrolls series with a detailed class creation, randomized dungeons, and the largest overworld in any video game to date! Even if it is filled with mostly space!

Download here: http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/Fichiers/DaggerfallSetup-2.14.1.exe
>>
I like Daggerfall
>>
>>4389732
Last time I tried playing Daggerfall I got killed twice in Privateer's Hold and quit. It was like 1 in the morning, though. I'll give it another whirl after I finish Morrowind, I guess.
>>
>>4389732
a family friend had a PC that booted up and only played Daggerfall - after watching him play it for 10 min, I fell for PC games 100%... Love Daggerfall so much.
>>
Both Arena and Daggerfall look so fucking cool.
>>
hello
>>
Playing a zealous worshiper of Kyn (I think don't hold me to that). To do this I picked a nord and made it such that I am weak to all poisons and diseases (but these are considered spells) theb take the Magic Immunity perks to level the difficulty dagger. Now I absorb all incoming magic and murder mages in the name of my god.
>>
>>4390365
arena is a terribly shitty ultima underworld clone

daggerfall is an improvement and i wish bethesda had the balls to remake it with all the cut features in it
>>
Playing Arena for the first time as a mage. I thought I'd be a squishy caster but it's better to save all my magic for invincibility and whack things with a stick. I'm halfway through the game and it just keeps getting easier as spell casting enemies become more common, I'm only dying to glitches. Is every class this easy?
>>
File: van.png (65 KB, 960x600)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
Is this being too forward?
>>
>>4393249
Spellsword has it easier because you can actually use good weapons. I lucked out by finding an Ebony Longsword pretty early on.
>>
File: 1510514105912.png (1.28 MB, 2000x2500)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
What class should I roll?
>>
>>4394556
ROLL
>>
Does the bonus damage from Strength apply to Archery as well? Manual and UESP says "melee damage" but doesn't clarify
>>
How can one reasonably emulate older elder scrolls games? Ibe got a gpd xd and gpd win. Ive heard theres alot of fuckery trying to configure the emulator to run properly and mapping controls
>>
>>4395962
Arenasetup and Daggerfall setup are GOG styled installers that perfectly emulate the games
>>
>>4396000
Thank you anon, ill check em out
>>
>>4394556
rolling for 5
>>
>>4394556
sweetroll
>>
I started playing the DaggerfallSetup version of the game. I'm getting fairly significant loading times that I never used to get when playing this game, as well as framerate issues in certain areas. Never used to be this way. Running at fixed 50000 cycles, anything higher starts breaking things. Any ideas?
>>
>>4389732
>randomized dungeons
Were they actually random? I thought they were made of large prefab sections stuck together in advance.
>>
>>4397052
>large prefab sections stuck together
For the most part it's this. But the main quest dungeons have unique parts and are hand placed. Every other dungeon is generated.
>>
>>4394556
>>
>>4394556
roll
>>
>btw this single torch on the wall that looks the same as the 200 other torches in the dungeon opens a hidden passage to the objective: the game
>>
File: Parthians.png (62 KB, 960x1200)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>4399216
Which makes Daggerfall the only game whose dungeons were clearly built by insane sociopaths who have not necessary taken your best interests to heart.

If all you want to do is torment people whose first priority is ensuring that you have fun pillaging their home, play basically anything else you filthy child molester.

>>4394556
rolling
>>
File: dagerge.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
I am waiting for Daggerfall Unity to be released. This moders community is working hard and fast.
>>
>>4401263
I thought it was already done. Either that, or it was the main questline that was complete.
>>
File: 1476517845256.png (33 KB, 640x480)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>4401286
Its "complete" as in "you can theoretically complete it". The game is playable but still far from what you'd consider fully functional. Its still missing a ton of features like the quest log, custom character building, magic, functional guilds and shops, crime system, and more.

With that said though it is progressing pretty fast and consistently, especially if you compare it to the other efforts to remake daggerfall in a new engine that have been going on for more than twice as long and not even gotten half as far, so the fully featured version might not be too far down the line.
>>
File: 1508946092424.jpg (31 KB, 256x353)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>4393306
>>4401667
>>
>>4401667

DaggerXL is right where it belongs- forgotten in the corner under a pile of catshit.

Now all we need is someone to get reeeeeal wistful for Arena....
>>
>>4401667
>>4401682
Even after playing just a few minutes of Daggerfall Unity it's clear the only thing it has in common with the original game is the art assets. It's a great ambitious project for sure but I would have much rather seen a proper recreation of the original game and engine with DaggerXL so that the game could have been fixed. Not remade.
>>
>>4401761

Not gonna happen, my man. You and I both know the source for all the games XLEngine was supposed to handle would sooner be GPL'ed than lucius do jack, diddle, or fuckall.
>>
File: 1508865544380.png (604 KB, 587x781)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>I am twice as old as three times the age of
>the Sphinx of Gazia, Agamamnus,
>divided by one-ninth the age of
>the Sphinx of Canus, Igon,
>who left this world twenty-six years ago.
>What then is my age?
Buy the strategy guide!
>>
>>4399834
I first saw this corpse as what remained of a female thief and the shadow drenched upskirt got my penis a little excited. Then I later saw that they use the same sprite for both male and female corpses...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.