[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tibiaold.jpg (170 KB, 674x338)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Bots are dead edition

Tibia is a MMORPG from 1997.
Tibia: https://secure.tibia.com/mmorpg/free-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game.php
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/2C1vdQvM
Beginner Guide: http://pastebin.com/ppWS1kt6
Useful Links: http://pastebin.com/WK8cm3wm

We play on Secura which is an european server, but americans don't need to fret - you can just use a tunneling program to make it playable.
Just write your name and we'll invite you to the Yotsubas guild.

>huge news since the general died
BattlEye integration: http://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=newsarchive&id=3950 (killed most if not all bots)
Discontinuation of the Tibia 10 and Flash Client: http://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=newsarchive&id=4358
Prey system: http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Prey_System
Analytics features: http://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=newsarchive&id=4160
Winter Update 2017 ft. Quick Loot: http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Update_2017
Imbuing: http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Imbuing
New Areas: Krailos, Feyrist and tons of improvements to existing hunting places.

If anyone is looking to start up again, we have people that can help you out with initial gear as well as do quests for you
>>
dead game
>>
File: nothing personell.png (1.17 MB, 954x708)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>tfw you pull 4 demons
it hurts
>>
I broke my shin last time I played this game.
>>
>>4411131
That's not how you spell personal, anon.
>>
>>4411217
It's a meme you dip
>>
I've always liked the mechanics of early MMORPGs, but never the social element. If only there were a way to play offline. I'm aware some of these games borrow inspiration from Ultima, but I can't say I care for Ultima's setting or quality of writing.
>>
File: 4ss.jpg (30 KB, 375x500)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>Tibia

Is that game still worth playing anymore?

How would you improve it?
>>
The game changed a lot in the past two years that it's definitely worthwhile to check out again.

Bots are almost nonexistent thanks to the new anti cheating tool used by CIP meaning a LOT of hunting places to choose from.

They revamped the old client and introduced a shit ton of new tools such as a hotbar to quickly access your skills or items, Hunting Analytics which shows stuff like (xp/hr, supplies used, profit made, monsters killed, loot picked up etc) as well as some kind of enchantment system in which you can put enchants on your weapons or armor in imbuement slots like crit, leech, damage conversion and so on.

Oh and one of my favorite changes is that you can have the toggleable option of chat on/off while hunting and have specific hotkeys for each mode while using WASD for movement.
>>
A L I V E
>>
>>4411538
WASD movement is kino, it makes a lot of sense while playing druid atleast, you have access to a shitton more keybinds on your left hand thanks to it.
>>
>>4411772
Jesus fuck, why are you using a term associated with cinema to describe control schemes? Just say King or something. Kino doesn't belong on this board, faggot.
>>
>>4411809
that's a kino statement my friend
>>
>>4411538
>new shit, worth checking out!
this doesnt redeem all the changes to game play that they have consistently fucked up the game with since like 2003
game has been literal shit for like a decade
>>
>>4411372
I like oldschool Tibia. I currently play Medivia but its infested with bots RIP.
>>
>>4412016
We play on Non-PVP anyway
>>
Getting some quests done!
>>
>>4412476
>>
>>4412492
>>
Man, this game was the shit back in the day.
>>
File: ilja_Etu_299JH_uu.jpg (117 KB, 1024x624)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>4411142
>>
File: sieg-heil.gif (608 KB, 400x387)
608 KB
608 KB GIF
New connection system is best! No lags at all now
>>
OWO whats this?
>>
If I play on this euro server as an american will the latency cause me any problems with gameplay or will I not even notice it?
I've played on european servers for other games and it usually isn't half bad.
>>
>>4412634
It's not really noticeable until higher levels when you aquire some serious walking speed.
>>
File: dead.png (28 KB, 135x103)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
is there a worse feel
>>
>>4412704
F
>>
File: best pging spot.png (1.4 MB, 958x703)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
oramond west is so good for experience
>>
>>4414081
It's supposedly higher exp/h if you use GFBs instead of TS. Although if the quaras spawn while you're using GFB you run a high risk of eating shit
>>
>tibia general

Hello Yotsubas, how are you guys doing? I've been long absent. Everyone still playing on Secura?

>>4411263
Why not the social element? Back then this game was serious business for me and the kids in my class. Everybody played it, it was like IRC with a built-in game to play.
>>
>>4411120
>BattlEye integration

So I have to install a kernel mode driver in order to prove to Cip I'm not a cheater now? These people smoking crack or what? That's a massive security hole. Who the fuck knows what this driver does?

If they were smart, they'd be analyzing network traffic as described in "Identifying MMORPG Bots: A Traffic Analysis Approach". You can also statistically analyze legal player behavior, like hours played and many other variables, and compare to bots and other cheaters like account sharers. I'm sure you'd be able to find huge discrepancies. You can devise criteria that would ban with 0% false positives, enabling you to prove to your customers that they weren't banned incorrectly. Even if you can't ban someone due to false negatives, you'd still be essentially constraining them to legal player behavior.

>killed most if not all bots

Hilarious.

It's a client-side protection that just scans the system looking for cheats like an anti-virus. Tibia already has an open client and back in the Flash Client days people decompiled the game's entire netcode. It should be trivial for botters to make a custom client that reports "everything is OK nothing to see here" to the anti-cheat servers.

It may have defeated all _current_ bots but if bots don't adapt to this it will be evidence that game the game is indeed dead since there's no monetary profit in botting it.
>>
>>4415627
Yeah everyone has known battleye is borderline malware bullshit for a while. I guess no one cares anymore. Nothing much we can do about it. It's in a lot of games now.
If I recall correctly the people who operate the it's servers can execute code on your computer if they want. Not sure if they can anymore but I remember a big scare happening a while ago about that.
>>
File: F9zkh18r.jpg (177 KB, 1408x784)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>4415648

This is the kind of bullshit that makes cheaters and pirates feel righteous. They're actually playing a _better version_ of the game that doesn't have this retarded rootkit shit forced on them.

>Nothing much we can do about it

Tibia has the privilege of having an open client. IIRC people made it to play on open servers that run older Tibia versions, but if people were to update it there's no reason it can't work with the current official game servers.

>If I recall correctly the people who operate the it's servers can execute code on your computer if they want

Sure. It's actually easy to do and is a widely used technique in virtual machines in order to JIT compile code. This code can do anything you can do: read/write files, open network connections, the works.

The profoundly idiotic thing here is the fact this fucking thing is apparently running in kernel mode. So not only can it execute code coming from the network, it does so with full system privileges. Even more privileges than if you ran a program as administrator.
>>
>>4415678
glad i'm not keeping anything even remotely valuable on my gaming pc
>>
>>4415568
Most nigs are on Secura but some of the American players moved on to Fidera because of the lag
>>
>>4416125
With latest connection improvements tibia is offering I can play on both Europe and American based servers without lagging, even on 100+ chars it does not have any problems.
>>
>>4416125
Which players? Is kentaro sakata still around? That guy was awesome
>>
>>4416125
I miss Sark
>>
>>4416097
I thought about virtualizing the game but then I realized they might interpret my use of a virtual machine as an attempt to debug their software and bypass it and ban my level 100 character account.

You just never know what kind of retarded shit these people will do next and when they fuck you they brand you as a cheater forever. Even if you're right every other player will dismiss your complaints as the baseless cries of a caught cheater because they're oblivious to the idea of a false positive.

There's the story of an anticheat program that banned people whose memory contained a certain text. You could cause people to be banned by simply messaging them the name of a hack. You just never know when it comes to these people.
>>
>>4416387
Kentaro hasn't really been on for years now, unfortunately.
The active players on Secura are usually Fuuz, Dogon, Yuna, Peacedeath, Exemplary Citizen, Ludolog and some other nigs
>>
>>4416542
this shit couldnt be this retarded, no way it would be considered quality paid service in such case
>>
A buddy of mine has been playing this for ages now. He tells me stories about how Mexicans and Brazilians love it and how he slaughters them. It makes me laugh but not enough to play it myself.
>>
>>4416692
>how Mexicans and Brazilians love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3n_NsvGZSg
>>
File: fun at old fortress.png (1.3 MB, 1023x750)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
this spot is pretty cool but i felt like the spawn speed is a bit to slow if you're 200+
>>
>>4416832
Is this the edron something fortress? This place is huge and there shouldnt be any spawn problems really
>>
>>4411120
So was this the first free-to-play pay-to-win game ever made?
>>
>>4416946
Pay-to-win? Hardly, especially on optional-pvp
>>
>>4416946
It was and still is one of the harshest MMORPGs in existence. Back then you dropped your full equipment when you died, in addition to the full death penalty. Game was dangerous, to this day I'm afraid of dying, feels like a punch to the gut.

>>4416664
Aw man I'm not sure I want to start playing this again just to grind levels. In the early days of Yotsubas we explored the shit out of the map, it was like we were creating actual RPG stories for the characters. That dude is a legend... Knew everything about old school tibia, showed people a forgotten chest in some forgotten hole that gave us unstacked runes, taught us how to hunt dragons and dragon lords, saved my ass countless times, blocked behemoths with a fucking druid. Probably everyone who's ever hung out with him has their own stories to tell... That's how this game was meant to be...

How can it possibly be fun without this guy
I dunno why he left but I sincerely hope he's OK and doing well in life
>>
>>4416832
You need to hunt both floors when you're high enough level
>>
Are bots really dead?
>>
>>4417190
This is probably true, but unfortunately the spawn is almost always taken by someone else
>>
>>4417193
I think most major bot operators are dead, so the majority of them are gone, for now.
>>
File: tibialevel100min.png (168 KB, 318x264)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
tfw this took you 12 years
>>
>>4417694
gratz bub
>>
>>4417694
noooooice
>>
>>4411809
You don't need to be so kafkaesque about it.
>>
anybody else ever visited the island of solitude? guido brought me there for execution once
>>
File: gh meeting.gif (721 KB, 479x351)
721 KB
721 KB GIF
>soon
>>
>>4418361
before auto ban was implemented, GMs would sometimes message you and ask if you could justify those 32 kills you got in the past 2 hours
my go to justification was always "blue shoes"
>>
>>4418402
b-but i like blue shoes
>>
File: lizard city.png (1.62 MB, 1023x750)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
having fun in the lizard city, quite good exp and loot
>>
File: thnksgv.jpg (78 KB, 542x298)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
anybody played tibia when it still was cool?
>>
I wanted to get to lvl 100 but stopped at 77 because the game was getting ddos'ed so much in 2012, I just went to d3 to fulfill my grinding needs
>>
>>4419728
I have internet connection since 2003 so I couldn't play back then
>>
>>4419728
Started with 7.5. Was pretty cool back then. Actual people playing, real life friends, it was our social hang out. We'd sometimes form a PK team and terrorize noobs but we mostly hung out in the temple south of Thais training with knives on each other.
>>
File: demona.png (123 KB, 348x366)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
insanely lucky session at demona
exp sucks but its nice to change it up every now and then
>>
>get to hunting spot
>open letter
>list of 4 people on waiting list
J U S T
>>
>>4421537
some top exp/cash spots are always taken on the more populated worlds - for example i have never seen yala cults free on secura
>>
File: oramond west again.png (449 KB, 640x340)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
quick dip into oramond west again while its not taken
>>
>>4421679
fuck mages
>>
>>4421676
>>4421537
>secura
>non pvp
>spawns can be "taken"

???
>>
>>4421679
How did you get such ridiculous rates? Prey exp and are quaras up?
>>
>>4411120
whens the cut off date for /vr/? is it still 2000?
because runescape was and is still the shit
way better than Tibia
>>
>>4423104
runescape does not have such charm like tibia does
>>
>>4422710
Don't be a rude boy
>>
>>4424550
>some retard arrived first at spawn
>I'm supposed to sit around waiting for his stamina to run out
>as if he owned the tibia map

Who's the real rude boy here? If he's so polite, why doesn't he realize that he's had his turn already, get the fuck out and leave the spawn to me? He can virtue signal all the way back to depot.

It's either that or sharing the spawn with me. I for one don't really mind the company. Best part about no-pvp is you can just do what you want without taking shit from no one.

>>4423104
I used to play runescape back then as well because a couple of friends played it. Pretty cool game too. Why do you people gotta turn it into a mmorpg war though? People can like and play both.
>>
>>4424697
What the fuck is that reasoning? So basically you want anyone who has hunted for more than 3 seconds in a spawn to be "generous" and give it to you? By that same logic you should give up your spawn to anyone that enters it.
Show some respect and don't be a fucking tumour. If everyone did as you this game would be unplayable
>>
>>4424737
im not that guy, but if you dont even do whatever the fuck you want on a non pvp server you are the definition of a cuck
>>
>>4424737
I don't want anything and don't expect anything. Anyone can make up a dozen reasons why they're polite and virtuous because they sacrificed themselves for the sake of others. That's retarded. If anyone's rude here it's the territorial children who call guilds upon you if you so much as step on his turf. I started no-PvP precisely to avoid those power tripping retards because nobody deserves to get caught up in an african tribe war.

Nobody cares about some guy's hurt feelings. If he doesn't like it, he can pack up and get the fuck out.
>>
File: clenched.png (304 KB, 424x321)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
ass status: clenched
>>
At which point can I go out and explore the map virtually unafraid of anything I might encounter? I don't want to die.
>>
>>4424828
lvl 8
>>
>>4424828
This doesn't happen before high level if you're premium. There's places you just don't want to go solo, like roshamuul, oramond and some dungeons.
>>
>>4424771
>>4424792
Fucking autists
>>
I hate this game, I love you guys. Keep on trucking.
>>
>>4416097
>on my gaming pc
thats not the point, that you, a knowledgeable person, can protect yourself from harm.

if you contribute to it by any means, even playing 100% free on cip servers you're advancing this bulshit, and signaling to gaming companies that x% of consumers are ok with being fucked in the butt
>>
Tfw phoneposting and not at home grinding
>>
Fellow Tibians, new game worlds are about to be launched! On December 07, we plan to set up three new Optional PvP game worlds. You can start a new journey if you like, either on Damora (EU), Olera (US), or Descubra (SA).
>>
>>4424828
Lvl 500+ I'd say, you can explore PoI/Inq/Rosha/etc. solo at this lvl
>>
>>4425065
>x% of consumers are ok with being fucked in the butt
is there at least one documented instance of someone actually having some shit happen due to battleye?
>>
>>4426393
They should just merge some of the optional-pvp worlds. What's the point of adding new worlds when worlds like Olympa fail Lightbringer due to low pop...
>>
>no services for ferumbras ascension
how hard is this to assemble a team for on a high pop server?
>>
>>4427601
>a disaster must happen before I care about the factors that enabled it to happen
>>
>>4428901
No, this means that it is actually secure because nothing has happened for a long time
>>
I've never played this game before (and I'm Brazilian).
Where do I start?
>>
>>4429427
create account @ tibia.com
then create character using their website
afterwards download tibia client and play
>>
File: 1511882452950.png (227 KB, 635x661)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>4411120
I was really addicted to Tibia back in 2004~2009 and got really excited when I heard it got rid of bots and improved latency, but then I suddenly realized I can't find any purpose in this game anymore. Pvp is still shit and I can't see any point in grinding anymore.
I really miss playing this game, but it feels like something important is still missing.
>>
File: LEVUL.png (1.43 MB, 900x658)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
I hit level 180 today wow a milestone indeed
>>
>>4430395
gz
>>
What the fuck happened to Rookgaard? Why did they kill it?
>>
>>4430397
thank you
>>
>>4430409
It's still there, but you have to manually ask an NPC in dawnport to go there. I always go there with new chars
>>
>>4430412
Oh, thanks.
>>
>>4430412
>You need a character in the Mainland to get to Rookgaard.
I don't even.
>>
>>4430425
outplayed
>>
>>4430425
No
>>
>>4430409
>>4430412
wtf? how does it work now then? you start as level 8 with a voc already?
i have always hated rookgaard since the day they first introduced it though, but i guess its not as easy to cause trouble as level 1 (or 8) on mainland today as it was in '99
>>4430425
wut, this sounds next level retarded
>>
>>4429754

Modern tibis is nothing like classic pre 7.6

Nothing
>>
>>4430718
it was already getting shitty around 7.1
>>
You are Duke of the Yotsubas, which has 226 members, 7 of them online.

A L I V E
>>
>Bots are gone
>But I can't remember my account info
Oh.
Is Sakata still around? Any of the other guys? maybe I should start from zero again, was like level 12 or 15 at most.
>>
>>4431090
>>4416664
>>
>>4430571
>>4430594
If you talk about Rookgaard without a character in the mainland on your account, Inigo will tell you that you can learn nothing from that old isle. If you have a character on the mainland, he will send you to Rookgaard.
>>
File: a04053ed60.png (223 KB, 346x269)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>
>>4426393
Is it a good idea to start playing on these new worlds? Or does everyone prefer Secura?
>>
>>4434743
I do not see any advantages in starting on new optional-PvP world, if those worlds do not explode in population then it will suck because events like lightbringer will be very likely to fail. Also since transfers will be most likely possible in the future this means people who botted in the past and got shitload of money and some rares can still come here.
>>
File: norsborg-0-jpg.jpg (51 KB, 650x366)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>4429754
For me, playing tibia with friends was unlike anything else.
We just need someone to play with.

Grind together, friends.
>>
Got a free 7 day prem so I'm going to get my shit together and grind some for once.
>>
File: 22469.jpg (326 KB, 808x608)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>4426393
Meanwhile on PvP worlds.
>>
>>4435524
I want to do DHQ too
>>
File: d835351cc5.png (13 KB, 488x52)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>
At what time is someone gonna come online that can invite, my paladin has been transferred from Premia.
>>
>>4437110
Name?
>>
>>4437116
Saro Peryan
>>
>>4437119
Invited.
>>
They don't offer a free server transfer or anything when your old server has been merged?

Got sent that one week free premium time but not sure if I want to play on where ever my characters have currently ended up on
>>
File: d53c882436.png (327 KB, 471x356)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>
>>4420779
jesus hell, I burned through so much money doing 195 -> 200 on Demona because every hunt was a fucking waste
>>
>>4437867
no, only people that were on aurora/aurera/inferna/dolera(?) and some other 2 worlds got a free transfer (that auto expired if not used I think)
>>
File: bca1adb83d.png (307 KB, 346x1014)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>4439697
With +34% prey loot and all self made SDs for maximum profit
>>
>>4439703
Sucks. Looking on my extra services history there was an initiated transfer to Secura back in 2015 but it was cancelled. I just have no idea or even memory from this.

Stuck on Vunira it seems.
>>
File: 148483710031.jpg (44 KB, 636x448)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>hunting goblins at fermor hills
>''KRAK ORRRRRRK!''
>>
Post more you fags
>>
File: annihilator done.png (1.27 MB, 1006x741)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
laughably easy as 230~ ED
>>
>>4442171
>not stealing everything
is this the kind of faggots that play tibia nowdays
>>
>>4442562
Those 3 platinum coins and the devil helmet are probably worth more these days

SoV somethin you unplug your toilet with. SCA to chop firewood.
>>
>>4442562
>not having friends
Fucking autist
>>
>>4442596
SoV is worth 375k on market, seeing as it's one of the top tier mage weapons
>>
File: 1509910527326.png (44 KB, 194x214)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>4442746
>SoV
>mage weapon
Well I was kidding anyway but this is pretty interesting. Last I played was in 2009.
>>
File: das it mane.png (76 KB, 228x299)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
just right
>>
>>4443015
You use it for crit imbuements and for that plus 3 def to your shield. It's very nice for when you aren't using your staff or just need more physical defence
>>
>>4440434
Oh shit orc berserkers used to put the fear of god into me when I was a noob kid in 2004 or so. Also minotaur guards and even cyclops. Let da mashing begin indeed. Nowadays I can block them easily even with my mages but it still feels strange to this day because of the traumatic deaths in childhood.
>>
>>4411120
brazilians and polaks killed this game
>>
>>4442746
funny. i had one when they were also only about 375k. at this point there were only about 127 in existance and they were unobtainable.
this was in 2000
>>
File: storng emanuel.png (127 KB, 686x763)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>
>>4444047
Nah. Just play on Non-PvP with /vr/ and you'll never have a problem with anyone.
>>
What is a good way for a free character of around level 30 to gain money? The best I've found seems to be selling Protective Charms
>>
>>4444881
broadcasting racist slurs was a great way to deal with the rage of dying back when it popped up on everyones screen
>>
Recently found some old ass TibiCAM files and some others too, is there any way I can play these files on convenient video player app? I was thinking maybe I have to convert the file into a .avi or something?

help
>>
Tibia was such a broken game so many things you can do to troll people
>>
>>4443817
My only traumatic childhood deaths were to hunters
>>
>>4439703
weren't aurora/aurera a double exp test worlds? it would be weird if cip allowed transfers from there
>>
>>4446074
That or farming rope belts. They can be farmed in yala foreign quarters from nomads or you can try yala cult cave. At your level nothing beats protective charms/rope belts in terms of profit. I'd suggest rope belts because after farming both for a while I can say that you will farm rope belts faster thus getting more profit.
>>
>>4447506
Yalahar isn't for free accounts though
>>
>>4447412
TibiCAM files are like some kind of save games and they only contain data understandable by game client, you need old client to play them, there is no other way. I have some 2004 stuff too and sometimes I like to watch it for nostalgia sake.
>>
>>4447512
Oh right, I have somehow missed that part. Well then protective charms it is. Good luck with other people on farming spot tho. I went to Veno Amazon Camp three times during different hours and it was always crowded and I'm talking post BattleEye hunts.
>>
>>4447520
Tell me about it. I've even seen levels from 90-150 there
>>
What are you anons planning to do this double loot weekend?
>>
>>4448831
Finally loot a MPA
>>
>>4448831
Farm something good... maybe rope belts or behemoths
>>
Man, I just restarted and the game is completely different. The market really changed things up. Having top-tier gear in the late twenties feels so weird.
>>
>>4451175
yeah low lvl stuff became so easy now
>>
>>4451568
Weirdest part is that other than the weapon, I'll probably never replace any of my gear.
>>
>>4451574
Which voc?
>>
>>4452309
Knight. I've got a Demon Helmet, Magic Plate Armor, Zaoan Legs, Steel Boots and a Rift Shield. Any upgrades now start costing in the hundreds of thousands/millions.
>>
>>4452319
yeah until lvl 200 you are pretty much set
>>
>>4452319
>Demon Helmet instead of Zaoan Helmet
pls
>>
Oh wow, you guys are still active?

I thought Yotsubas would have been dead by now, cool to see you guys are still going.

I heard they actualy got rid of botters, is it true?
>>
>>4452383
My armor adds to 40, if I switched to Zaoan Helmet, it would add to 39, effectively 38. At my level (29), I'm not fighting monsters with high enough damage for the +5% physical resist to matter yet.
>>
>>4452624
We had a resurgence in active players recently so guild is finally alive again.

Yepp, no more botters anywhere to be seen
>>
>>4452790
Who of the 'old' players are still active?

Arthi here btw
>>
File: Clipboard02.png (255 KB, 534x451)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>4452827
>>
>>4452790
Ok but now they have to create a new world without billions of bot gold/levels.
>>
>>4443817
I remember when they added the orc hunting spot north of thais, and you could lure berserkers down to the town.

It was hilarious, they eventualy plugged it with a ramp.

Even better, you used to be able to lure giant spiders all the way to thais.

Good times
>>
File: 4574574775.jpg (149 KB, 1020x708)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>4454107
Luring/roping monsters was pretty fun. There was also a time where "overspawning" could happen if the monsters moved from their spawn spot sqm but were not killed.

Used to train back at the small minotaur place in Kazordoon on my knight. I would rope up bunch a minos to the small isle where I would fish and train, but that surface area was also on the same level as the tower there. So the minotaur archers on the first level of the tower would constantly move during the day it would get so filled with archers that sometimes people died there

This was the spot. Was a different knight though so it might have been fixed by the time this shot was taken.
>>
File: 5.jpg (157 KB, 762x832)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Cip getting rid of botters and br's all in one year? (No offense Sark)

Holy shit
>>
File: ef32fb2d13.png (60 KB, 175x147)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>4452827
>>
>>4454396
Don't hang yourself buddy
>>
This new quickloot system seems like a huge improvement.

So how does it work exactly, I add certain backpacks to certain categories? (gold, creature products), does it then also autofill backpacks within that backpack once it's full, or do I need to add all of them seperately?

And then I just rightclick creatures and it loots them?
>>
>>4454404
>implying he won't respawn
>>
>>4454563
He'll lose experience though ;(
>>
>>4454415
If you put another bp in your "gold" bp it will first fill up your main "gold" bp and then any other bp's which are inside of it
>>
>>4454576
How convenient! nice
>>
You guys still do teamhunts?

I remember a few years ago we went to Drefia with Kentaro, Dogon and Videras and some other dudes to get the hand mount.

It was hilarious, I remember Videras dying as usual, and us in general just having a big laugh.

Those were some of the most fun things I did in Tibia.
>>
>>4454107
You used to be able to bring the GS from PoH to Carlin with all the noobs. You also could UH the monsters in non-PVP servers.
>>
>>4453958
They already did add a few and they can only be player transferred between each other. Most here are still using Secura, though.
>>
>>4454320
there were so many things you could do to safely train in old tibia. i always used to find these dead end caves to block off with barrels and shit and then mc a low level mage to train on.
my best memory of this was when i discovered that if you climbed onto quentins temple in thais and blocked it off with chests, and then also blocked the roof on the right of the temple, literally nobody but cip members could reach you (chests prevented levitating up, and gms couldnt reach you because nobody could actually see you on screen, so nobody knew your name).
me and a buddy trained two knights to 80+ club fighting over a few weeks up there, then one day when we went down to gather more food, a cip member actually teleported up on the roof and banned the mages that were standing there.
the next day two angel statues had been added on the small roof in the back of quentins temple, forever blocking access to the roof.
it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>4455836
Ooooh so that's why those angel statues are there. Huh.
>>
>>4455869
i like to think they represent the two mages that took the fall
>>
File: 97ede25c47.png (1.16 MB, 1073x783)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Lazy hellspawn hunt
>>
File: fun.jpg (118 KB, 575x407)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>4454107
>>4455531
https://www.tibiaroyal.com/en/blog/18/triangle-of-luring/
>>
File: d6014b67.jpg (162 KB, 1020x708)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>4455836
>then mc a low level mage to train on
>cheating
Nah. I was one of those straight edge pick your own spears for hours while training fags and then accidentally fall asleep during an all nighter.

So training was always a more social event and you would just sit on some beach for hours on end watching tv.

Hunting cheaters was a great way to pass some time though. Free fish on half the beaches too. Blocking certain roofs or cliffs while escaping on lowbie alt pk characters we did plenty though.

>some group is training in the middle of carlin
>has blocked a roof top so you can't go there at all
>go to nearby building and on the same level as they are training on
>start throwing GFBs and manage to kill everyone up there on my 40ish MS
>go to the nearest postbox and mail all my stuff away
>5minutes later an angry mob approaches
>they demand their loot back
>I just tell them it's still up there
>rotting in their corpses on a rooftop no one can access
>laugh and get lynched
Great times
>>
>haven't played since 2008
>urge to make new account and buy premium rising
Give it to me straight lads, is Tibia still worth playing or nah? Any of you guys old players and find nutibia fun?
>>
>>4458361
Granted I forgot you could just have the mage on a laptop or something then you wouldn't have to use anything unofficial.
>>
Played with you guys for a couple weeks I think. Managed to get a level 60. Should I play again?
>>
>>4458361
i did a lot of manual social training as well, but it was kinda fun figuring out how to break the game and exploit things such as blocking off roofs and stuff. this was before botting became the norm as well, so it didnt really feel like it was hurting the game.
>killing cheaters
these guys were not really cheaters, but i remember i had this 50ish ED and came across a training party in cormaya, which i quickly killed.
those idiots had put all their gear in their backpacks and there were so many k-pieces i couldnt carry all of it.

which reminds me of another time, when the UH block exploit was still in the game.
as anyone who played tibia before it went to shit should know, you could lure people into one-way holes so they got stacked ontop of eachother, making all but the top player unable to heal.
there is also this broken one-way hole by the kazordoon lake, which you cannot even rope people up from.
we were pking on some br infested server and managed to attract the attention of the top guild, which contained the highest level mage in the game at the time (150ish MS i believe?), and got her, and the rest of those idiots stacked in this broken hole,
those guys dropped so many DSMs we had to leave crown pieces behind.
they believed they were safe as long as they left someone above to rope them back up, but their lacking knowledge of the game got them all killed
great fun
>>
File: xmassu.png (1.06 MB, 1109x813)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>
File: 1431225777612.png (23 KB, 633x758)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
I miss classic tibia
>>
>>4459816
There a bunch of old-school OT servers. How old is your "classic" tibia?
>>
>>4458836
Sure! Yotsubas is alive and well again so you'd have plenty of assholes to chat and play with
>>
File: 332f4ef0eb.png (1.08 MB, 1073x786)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Did 700 behemoths task together with Ludo over two days
>>
>tfw no Kentaro Sakata
>>
>>4459857
I have not been able to find a good OT recently. They're all like this:
>Real Tibia map but with added pay2win areas for donors
>donor shop in general with overpowered items not otherwise obtainable
>fucking actual premium account system forcing you to pay to play some BR shitters server
If there's one that's actually free, no pay2win, and based on like 8.6 or earlier I'd love to play it but I just simply don't think one exists.
>>
>>4459161
>UH block exploit was still in the game.
Crazy times when you combine that with the fact boat/carpet travel spots were not protection zones back in the day. Stack up bunch of barrels and hide them under combo of coins and bolts. Anyone could get killed. Later spiritually replaced with mage bombs I guess.

>>4459857
Gimme 7.6 with the size of the current real map doc. OTs kinda lose their appeal too soon though.
>>
>>4462687
>>4462752
Try zezenia or medivia
>>
I wanna play it, someone give me premium plz
>>
>>4463359
It's $10, anon
>>
If you don't have ambient light turned down or use light spells then you don't know SHIT about Tibia.
>>
>>4457971
Fucking salty cunts
>>
File: 5.jpg (16 KB, 177x172)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Hive hunt is pretty profitable, I profit from the gold and the creature products alone, let alone the rare drops that occur quite frequently
>>
I tried doing the quest for the foxtail amulet, but almost got killed when I got stuck between a bunch of mobs. Yeah I know pretty bad.

If anyone wants to help out later on, it would be cool.

Can you also team up against the bosses btw?
>>
File: daae04f1.jpg (184 KB, 1024x742)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>4463023
Played Zezenia back in 2009 or so. It was okay. Can't even recall why I stopped playing though. Think they even reset progress of everyone at one point.

Would post a screen from it but that doesn't sit right when in a general for an other game.

Some old tibia screen instead.

>having to trust your blocker to share info on the monster loot with you
Couple old time hunts those fucking knights were keeping it all for sure.
>>
>>4465024
I wish I knew of a site that was just a big gallery of people's old Tibia screenshots. I had hundreds of them that I no longer have.
>>
Can new players get in on this? Never played but looks like fun.
>>
>>4467325
Sure. Just be aware that leveling takes a while if you're a free account/newbie. Also the death penalty is pretty steep.
As a whole the game is a lot more new player friendly than it used to be(but only if you're premium).
>>
>>4467325
Just don't roll a sorc/druid if you want to test the game on free account.
>>
>>4467463
>>4467548

Okay I made a character, name is Dawnbrooke

I enjoyed Sorc so picked that and just bought premium.
>>
>>4465139
i know you are probably refering to a whole different era, but nightmareknights.com has a gallery of very old screenshots as well as a collection of very interesting stories dating as far back as '97
>>
>>4462752
i very much enjoyed how damaging runes went through the entire stack, while healing runes did not. this was originally done to prevent people from abusing stacking when hunting things like dragons. funny how the fix turned out 1000 times more exploitable
>>
>>4468302
These super old ones are neat too, but yeah I wish some madman had just downloaded the entirety of the World of Tibia screenshot board circa 2007 or something.
>>
>>4468846
yeah, a lot of my own screenshots only existed on the WoT board. i had a 100 page thread with screenshots that was deleted for simply being to big
>>
>>4468935
Shit who were you? I never really posted cause I had no worthwhile content, but I went there almost daily to look at screenshots and "life threads" and shit. It's the only reason I ever knew anything about the game past level 30 content.
>>
>>4469028
i had various user names on WoT but was generally known as jemme. i only posted pk screens
>>
>>4411538
Does it matter that there are no more bots when everybody and their gramma got lvl 800 using then ?
>>
>>4469206
Not even hard to become high level. There is a brazilian couple who plays knight/druid and the guy has a knight ~646 and the girl has a druid ~633.

they streamed the entire progress and created the accounts around 1 year and 6 months. no vouchers.
>>
>exura sio "thread

back to the first page
>>
>>4471524
Dead game
Dead thread
Dead server
Dead guild
>>
>>4471832
still lives in my hearth.
>>
>>4454320
>plate armor
>serpent sword

Literally me back then. All that's missing is a dwarven shield
>>
>>4447487
Yeah plenty of people have told me these tales as well about these fucking archers killing them but even back then I'd go there and have no problem with them

Why were they so feared?
>>
>>4454802
Oh my god I miss those times...
>>
>>4474572
this might be wrong, but i have a feeling that ranged mobs used to be waay more broken and spammy, with retardedly long off screen range. this was stealth patched at some point
>>
>>4474572
Hunters seem to either do 0 damage or fucking 100 damage. If you were a low level mage you could get off screened by one very easily. Even worse if there's 2 at once.
>>
>>4474572
Ranged attacks/spells on mobs had no cooldown, instead they just had a random chance to fire like every portion of a second. I've seen stuff like hunter shooting twice in less than a second or a dragon doing f-wave and two gfb almost at the same time. Now it's still kinda like that (ranged mobs don't attack every 2 sec) but they at least added those 2 secs of minimum cd before they will roll for another attack
>>
>>4475609
Yeah, back then combo had a somewhat different meaning thanks to this broken mechanic
>>
>>4475609
>>4475612
should be noted that the 2s minimum cd is for each of the monster abilities he used and different abilities on mobs can go off at the same time
>>
>>4469206
Yes it matters, since all the good hunt spots were taken 24/7. The market was flooded with cheap items and gold leading to inflation. And people that used bots to reach level 800 got banned. So basically yes it matters alot
>>
File: 2f292c9f.jpg (110 KB, 1024x742)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>everyone had such a shitty loot luck
>no one turned down all these weird hunt ideas with summons where spending as little as possible was most important
Fun times in the end I guess. Can't remember what area this is. Maybe somewhere around banshee quest?

>Between the server saves of December 23 and December 27, all monsters will yield twice the usual amount of experience points, and your skill training, including magic level, will advance twice as fast. The skill progress when training offline will also be doubled.

Hope you're having a good one.
>>
>be ameriscum on secura
>mostly play at night when all the euros are asleep
>botting is dead so there's actually hunting spots open
>tfw everyone is probably gonna be poopsocking my usual spot for double exp
Please stay in bed, eurofriends
>>
>>4478249
donno why but i really loved that old bolt graphic
>>
>>4479224
I did too. Bolts were big meaty anus shredders and had the sprite to match. The newer one looks so wimpy by comparison.
>>
>>4479445
I wish the various types of arrows were more useful. Poison arrows for example are literally trash.
>>
>>4443052
>People still not using Blessed Sceptre, the BiS mage sword/club/axe for enchants if you're not using a gold token weapon
Whew
>>
File: 1410809882637.jpg (417 KB, 1020x717)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
I used to come here a couple of years ago, and realized that this general is always doomed to fail. I still play actively tibia and even though I hate r*d*it I find that their page, or whatever is called, for tibia is pretty active (compared to this thread).

So if you guys like active communities give it a look:
/r/TibiaMMO/
>>
Don't die you fucks
>>
>>4482726
oh god, this brings a tear to my eye
>>
>>4482726
I remember when there was no queue but instead you had to constantly input your login and password hoping that someone will logout and you will get his spot first
>>
>>4486334

I'd spent like 3 hours after school doing that just to get on
>>
>>4487191
IIRC longest it took me was around 30-40 minutes but I was at it non stop. Today I'd probably give up after like 5 minutes.
>>
>>4488415
Why the FUCK is there a cap on the number of players anyway? 1000 players is literally nothing.
>>
>>4490414
1000 is actually a lot, I donno now but back then when server was full it was impossible to go to a spawn and not find a waiting list. Also they wrote server code when computing power was much more limited.
>>
File: 7778cc7f.jpg (108 KB, 1020x704)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>4490414
>1000 players is literally nothing.
>mid to (50-150) endgame hunting spots before Pits of Inferno got properly implemented
>black knight (3-16 minute respawn time)
>heroes
>heroes bigger room
>warlock quest room
>demona warlocks
>demons
>demons parchment room (haha the respawn time could be like 40minutes!)
>demon hell
>behemoths (has enough area for multiple groups)
>hydras small resp
>hydras big resp (taken almost always)
>tombs lower floors
>tomb upper floors
>ankhrahmun dragon lairs (3 spots)
>venore dragon lair (at least 2 spots)
>edron dragon lair
>fibula dragon lair
>plains of havoc (everything possible, can't own this)
>dwarf guards(multiple spots solo)
>venore orc fortress(you can't own this, big competition always)
>serpent spawns near 999 door
>hellgate beholders and the bigger ones
>ancient scarabs (multiple spots?)
>drefia necromancers
>carlin ghostlands stuff before banshee quest
>green djinns/blue djinns
>banuta everything (can't own this)
>lizard village (can't own this)
>cyclopolis (can't own this)

Try to split that up with 400+ higher level players. Granted it was still an age where there had to be some downtime between hunts if you weren't super lucky, rich or otherwise supplied.

Might have missed a spot, but kinda included some solo ones too.

From what I gather the game is currently lacking in viable team hunting spots for 200-600? And old mainland is really getting outdated
>>
Did tibia majorly change the way it looks and plays at some point? I remember playing in the late 90s or early 2000s. I went to play it again maybe 10 years ago or so and the graphics looked entirely different, to the point it seemed like it wasn't the same game I played before.

I remember killing rats in a sewer to try to get gold from them, eventually getting to the point where I could fight wolves with others. When I went back, the whole starting area was different.

Any ideas?
>>
I played this in like 2003

it was nothing but
>BR BR BR BR BR BR BR
and then maybe some Polish
>>
>>4491409
Yeah there was a huge graphics overhaul with the 7.9 update(which I think was around 2006), and even before that they changed a lot of stuff graphically with 7.6.
>>
>>4491539

Ah, ok, thanks.
>>
>>4491409
you probably played tibia 3.0 or 4.0 or something which looked completely different, there was major graphical overhaul in 7.0 which also completely changed how client looks
>>
>>4491317
>tfw fighting over really shitty spots with people
I remember fighting over cyclops spawns far too many times.
>>
>>4493687
>go to poh cycs
>letter with a waiting list
The good old times

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.