[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Rise of the Triad goes to shit after completing Episode 2. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>4519986
While I love the style, humor, and presentation of it I don't think I ever played more than five levels. Dunno what it is about this game that just fails to hold my attention but i pooped myself last night.
>>
>>4520118
Are you this guy:
>>4520102

You guys need to stop shitting yourselves.
>>
>>4520118
Same. I think using the wolfenstein engine was a mistake. All the right angle walls make the levels feel very stale and a bit claustrophobic.
>>
>>4520118
>>4520140

I think ROTT has a great gameplay core (blow up !NotNazis with explosive weapons and ridiculous powerups while bouncing around like an idiot and avoiding traps), but the Wolfenstein 3D engine really handicapped their ability to make unique areas. While it's not a problem at the start of the game (in fact, some of the stuff they do with the old Wolf engine is impressive), the levels eventually start running out of steam and it turns into "how many stupid traps and confusing layouts can we put in a level?". Being on a better engine, like Doom or an early Build engine, would've helped made the levels a lot more unique and prevented them from stuffing levels full of touchplates and traps everywhere to pad gameplay time and add quick difficulty.
>>
>>4520327
I think had they just used more varied textures it would have helped a lot. It often looked like they had just pasted the same one over whole levels.
Maybe that had to do with wolfenstein not being able to handle different roof and floor textures though or something.
>>
Compared to Doom a very bad and "funny" game. Back in the day we used to play it but always got bored after two to three maps.
>>
>>4520118
the levels are too fucking big

only real problem with the game
>>
really satisfying gameplay

probably the best gore in gaming outside of Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.