[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: image.jpg (219 KB, 2048x1354)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Should i buy it or nah? What i really want is FDS compatibility
>>
>>4587106

>Should i buy it or nah? What i really want is FDS compatibility

Is there a reason why you're not just emulating it with an Everdrive N8? But assuming that you can get it to fit, it should work since pin adapting allows FDSes to work on top-loading NESes.
>>
>>4587181
I'm an originalfeelingfag
>>
>>4587181
>it should work since pin adapting allows FDSes to work on top-loading NESes

Then how come audio chip expansions don't work?
>>
>>4587248
You need to connect the expansion audio pin in the Famicom cart to the audio in on the NES's expansion port, preferably with a resistor to equalize the level. Typically you have to do this mod yourself to normal 60 to 72 pin adapters but this is probably already done inside that cart since it's apparently made for FDS but one would still need to jump two pins in the expansion port on the bottom of their front loading NES.
>>
>>4587220

then you should probably buy an actual famicom since the FDS never fucking came out in the US
>>
better off buying an actual famicom, but stick to this if you cant buy one at the moment
>>
I've been looking something like what the OP shows since I also wanted to use a FDS with an original front loading NES. So I'll be looking into it.

>>458718111
The same reason I don't just emulate the NES on my computer, I like to do it on real hardware. Emulating the FDS is not playing on real hardware.

>>4587275
I want to play the FDS on my system, I'm not buying another console that is essentially the same for just one accessory with a few games if I can just buy this adaptor instead.
>>
>>4587181
Is there a reason your asking when on obvious reason is it sounds like shit?
>>
>>4587282
You can get a famicom for cheaper than this
>>
>>4587106
My problem with this: What's the point of collecting japanese games if you can't read japanese? I'm better off playing translation hacks.
>>
>>4587595
>every famicom game is text-based
professorcalculustriplequestionmark.jpg
>>
>>4587106
Pay for your ads.
>>
>>4587650
His brain is incapable of understanding the meaning of START if there is a picture above it with runes he can't understand.
>>
>>4587106

Then yes. It already has the sound expansion built in, you just need to make sure your toaster has expansion audio hooked up and it'll sound better than the shitty Everdrive N8 sound emulation. Which is awful. Not even close.
>>
File: dendywhat.png (29 KB, 154x200)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>4587106
>fucking around with the fuck huge grey oversized famicom instead of just getting a regular AV Famicom
>>
>>4587882
>wasting way more money than i should on another console that is practically the same
vs
>buying a nifty little cartridge that merges an nes and a famicom

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.