[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: g5.png (124 KB, 1265x595)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
If you can't love (or hate) all three of these equally, then you can fuck right off.
>>
>>4716508
That's a weird thing to say. Sorry I'm not going anywhere.
>>
This thread didn't seem necessary to make.
>>
Never played the Saturn.
>>
Fuck you, 3DO 4eva bro
>>
>>4716508
>one is mostly just arcade ports
>one has a lot of variety
>one is highly (over)rated
>>
Only sensitive manchild's ever use the term "fuck the right off:
>>
Hate to say but the Sega Saturn was only good in Japan and the N64 lacks variety.
>>
>>4716569
>but the Sega Saturn was only good in Japan

Yeah but it was REAAAAALLY good in Japan and is one of the easiest consoles to get imports on.
>>
>>4716534
Better than the Jaguar, I suppose.
>>
>>4716570

Wasn't shitting on the Saturn just saying that the console in the west was complete rubbish.
>>
>>4716578

I wouldn't go that far. It didn't get the sheer insanity of Japan's library, sure but it was hardly without a library here either. It's only in recent years that it's a bitch to get games for.
>>
I love N64 and Saturn, but I'm neutral on PS, it has many good games but also a lot of shit.
>>
>>4716508

N64 and PS1 are both great. Saturn is for weebs
>>
I've never even seen a saturn in person ever. Just loads and loads of psx, psones and ps2's
>>
I don't hate any but I can admit the saturn went like shit
>>
File: Console Master Race.jpg (1.49 MB, 2447x1488)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>4716508
I own all 3. They're all great.
>>
>>4716508
That N64 thread triggered you, eh? Anyway, no thanks, I don't need to place undeserving praise on a piece of shit like the Saturn just because it has all of 3 games worth playing.
>>
>>4716508
The PS1 is so far ahead of both of them it's a joke, hell I even like the Saturn more than the N64 just because I'm sick of hearing the 64 be overhyped.
>>
File: 20180416_160334_resized.jpg (1.17 MB, 3120x2340)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>4717231
Can confirm.
Why complain when you can play?
>>
>>4716508
Saturn is the worst of the three
>>
>>4717556

This is such an appealing colour combo. Wish I had that.
>>
>>4717414
Stop misusing the word hype. N64 is the most loved, deal with it.
>>
>>4716508
how could anyone feel anything about the saturn but anger?
>>
File: smilingsegata.jpg (976 KB, 837x955)
976 KB
976 KB JPG
>>4716508
Saturn > Nintendo 64 > SoyStation
>>
>>4716508
The consoles strengths summed up.

If your someone that loves arcade games and 2D games in general then the saturn is for you.

If your someone who loves JRPGS and survival horror then PS1 is for you.

If your someone who really likes FPS games platformers and Zelda then N64 is for you.

Other than their strengths each console had great exclusives.
>>
>>4717605

Saturn by far had the best shmups.
>>
I love the N64 like a best friend, but I have to admit it has the weakest library out of the three
>>
File: 64GreatGames.png (1.74 MB, 1076x1318)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>4718313
>I have to admit it has the weakest library out of the three
Nah, it really didn't.
>>
>>4718335
lotta ports and outright bad games there.
>>
>>4718351
>lotta ports
There are like 10 and most of them are the best version of the game (at least compared to other 5th gen versions).
>outright bad games
Like what?
>>
I was in high school when that generation launched. I got a 64 for my 16th birthday. Hated the shit out of it. My younger brother got a Saturn. That and the dreamcast are the only consoles i still have (im 37 now). I never owned a playstation, but ive played stuff on em, theyre ok.
>>
>>4718360
>hated the shit out of a console with games
>stills owns two consoles with no games
>>
The n64 was Nintendo's first failure and the first time I was disappointed in a console. I wasn't the only one either. Of course it depends on your age. If you grew up with it you're going to love it but I was 16 when I got it.
>>
The systems are very different and to have equal feelings on them would be rare. It's subjective really and depends on what genres you're into. I never had a Saturn, but it looks interesting now that I'm getting into shmups. When I was young though I was all about JRPGs and the PSX was my system. I had an N64 also, but only played first-party titles- this was the first of many times Nintendo became my "side system."
>>
>>4716508
Do love them all equally but the N64 was just easier to play. No loading times, no disc errors and no need to no that weird thing where you have to tilt the system so the disc evens out.
>>
>>4716508
The Saturn is what happens when you essentially bank your entire company on a single mascot character and then NOT release a good game with him on your new system. Both the PS1 and N64 were rolling out games with interesting and memorable characters (new and old), but Sega couldn't release a single good game with Sonic during the Saturn's lifespan. And when something kind of related to Sonic was made, like Sonic R, it was some of the worst of the franchise.

Really kind of a shame considering there were a lot of hidden gems on the Saturn, but then again the entire system was pretty much a hidden gem. Everyone I knew just held on to their Genesis until the Dreamcast, or jumped ship to another company by the sixth gen.
>>
>>4718360
>A grown man of 37 years is still posting on 4chan.

I dont think the n64 is the problem here senpai.
>>
>>4716545
>saturn
>psx
>n64
Did I win?
>>
>>4718421
Has 4chan been taken over by kids or something? Did i miss that? So this aint a thread for people who actually remember these systems?
>>
>>4716508
Saturn was only good in japan, and then only to NEETs and weebs.
N64 is a kid's console with less good games than the freaking PS3.
PS1 has tons of variety, tons of genuinely great games and only retards fall for the shovelware meme. (Every console has tons of shovelware you retards)

That's my opinion, if you disagree (OP I'm looking at you) then go jump in front of a bus.
>>
>>4717556
>Why complain when you can play?
You completely misunderstood the point of 4chan.
>>
File: NOAUGH.jpg (12 KB, 240x260)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>4718928
YES
>>
>>4719208
Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of funposting against all three. At the end of the day Im still enjoying them.
>>
>>4719141
>less good games than the freaking PS3.
that's completely wrong N64 has more worthwhile games than PS3
>>
>>4719141
Are they still weebs if they're Japanese? I thought they were just Neets and pedophiles then.
>>
>>4716508
Saturn was the Jannetty.
>>
>>4717556
I agree. There's no reason not to have all 3. Console master race.
>>
>>4718351
>ports

uh nigga please N64 got the lead versions of Rayman 2 and Shadowman
>>
>>4716508
>N64

Fucking kill yourself my dude
>>
>>4720385
Ever play rayman 2 on Saturn?
>>
Saturn sucked, but fuck that white models pretty slick
>>
>>4718363
Saurn had a lot of unique games. And the dreamcast i feel is like the tg16, more quality than quantity. Just because a system has a lit of games doeant mean theyre all worth playing
>>
>>4718365
ffffucking two in a row with the virtualboi fffffixed dat fffffffor yo
>>
>>4716508
Sorry anon, I would never cheat on my waifu.
>>
>>4717414
Found the cunt who got a saturn for xmas
>>
>>4720385
Dreamcast Rayman 2 is by far the best
>>
Sega Saturn just gets outclassed by the Dreamcast in my opinion

what are some good games for it? I have it set up but use it for nothing except virtua cop, which i love
>>
>>4716508
N64 is definitely the most aesthetic of the three, followed by the Saturn. The PS1 looks clumsy and utilitarian, but it had most of the games I wanted to play. That was all that mattered in the end, to me. I also like its control pad the best.
>>
>>4721779
PS2 is better in terms of content, if you can ignore the random performance drops.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.