[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: b3UOB4D.jpg (1.99 MB, 3760x3840)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
what's the final verdict?
>>
"Hey /vr/, what's your favorite color?"
>>
Jap/Euro controller is more stylish
>>
American version feels alot better for platformers
Cant stand the convex buttons on the chink one
>>
>>5096478
Original SuperFam/PAL NES wins every time, this should not even be a question and this is from someone who had both.l back then.
>>
File: sfc19.jpg (213 KB, 1024x683)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>2018
>not owning both NTSC models
come on /vr/
>>
>>5096478
I like the American version because of the concave and convex buttons.
>>
>>5096478
Grew up with the bottom version, but would've preferred the top version.
Guess the idiots in marketing thought that we'd perceive the colored buttons as too childish?
>>
lavender4lyfe
>>
>>5096593
>not modding your SNES to play SFC games
>>
>>5096667
>mutilating original hardware
I mean, technically you can play SFC games on your SNES without modding anything, just get a gamebit and swap a SFC cart case for a SNES one. But really there's no reason to not own both a SFC and a SNES.
>>
>>5096620
>Guess the idiots in marketing thought that we'd perceive the colored buttons as too childish?

Something like that. The American SNES was redesigned by the same person who make the vcr style NES, who thought his own blocky design language was more mature than the Japanese one. Irony being the sleek SFC has aged like fine wine whereas the blocky American one looks like a literal toy.
>>
Purple is gay.
>>
>>5096976
You're gay
>>
I’ve only ever played Famicom, so Famicom
>>
>>5096478
There was a super nes controller released in the states that had the the super fami buttons. I had 2, both said super nintendo. Pretty sure I still have one but I haven't pulled out my consoles in years.
>>
super famicoms cords are wayyyy too fucking short
>>
>>5096478
I own both the American and Japanese controllers, and the American controller is better by far.
Why? Because it actually has proper length. The cord on the jap controller is like 3 fucking feet long. Good luck with that.
>>
>>5096478
both are cool, but I prefer the look of the sfc
>>
>>5096478
>final verdict on personal preference
Err try again hot shot.
>>
>>5096478
Needs handlebars and analog sticks.
>>
>>5097094
Japs live in 6x6 foot cuckboxes.
>>
>>5097192
But even so, why the fuck only 3 feet? It costs pennies to just make the cords longer, and it's not like having a longer cord will be a space burden in the jap cuckbox apartments.

The issue is they designed the damn thing as something you you're supposed to pick up and haul over to where you're sitting every time you use it, which is retarded.
>>
>>5096478
NA controller with JP control deck.
Keep NA fonts, logos, and colors.

Smarties style X and Y buttons are underappreciated.
>>
>>5096478
Top's buttons are slightly more comfortable for claw grip.
>>
>>5096667
>Not playing Super Famicom games in the AESTHETIC AS FUCK Super Famicom
>>
>>5096478
Overall the top one, but SFC logo and button colors plus US SNES button shapes would be ideal.
>>
>>5096478
I like the convex buttons
>>
>>5097404
>US SNES button shapes
There are easier ways to remove fingerprints stupid nigger
>>
>>5096478
who gives a fuck? just play the damn games!
>>
The SFC design is definitely superior of the two but I really dig the NES' design. If only the cartridge slot wasn't so fucking shit. Sadly its shit in part because of the design
>>
>>5097659
oops that was meant for >>5096873
>>
>>5096703
>mutilating original hardware

It's like removing your tonsils. You don't need them and nobody can tell they're gone without examination.
>>
I think the NA SNES is really ugly, colors included but mostly by design. SNES Jr is the best choice between the two
>>
>>5098328
SNES Jr looks like trash. It looks like some shitty chink knockoff or something you'd get from a McDonalds happy meal. American SNES is pretty ugly itself, but at least it looks like an actual piece of hardware. I hate that one too, and that's why I bought a Super Famicom import. Only issue there is the stock controller cable is short as fuck and you need an extension cord.
>>
the one i had in my childhood is clearly the best
>>
>>5096703
You could also buy a cheap adapter, or even use a Game Genie (start the game with no codes) to play SFC games on an NTSC system without ripping the tabs out of the cartridge slot.
>>
>>5098236
>You don't need them
lol, falling for (((tricks))), aren't you?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.