[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wg/ - Wallpapers/General

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 6144 KB.
  • Images smaller than 480x600 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 1548966366051.jpg (296 KB, 1311x929)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
This is a weird one I suppose, when I got into the idea I was surprised to find that it wasn't a category. I am just looking for wallpapers (or really even just high res aesthetic images) that seem to feature male friendships, the kind that make you think back to highschool I guess. Feel free to post remotely anything you think might work, can't hurt to see.
>>
File: 1549903096510.jpg (204 KB, 1169x827)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>7378782
It doesn't need to be anime, any style live action or art or whatever is good.
>>
File: 1548234417740.jpg (353 KB, 770x792)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>7378783
>>
File: 1550912466938.png (1.44 MB, 1500x1200)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>7378784
>>
File: friend_00000.png (1.2 MB, 1280x758)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Even something as simple as this does it for me.
>>
File: 1552248915843.jpg (146 KB, 800x685)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>7378798
>>
File: 1552249950731.png (1.9 MB, 1000x1419)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>7378816
>>
I know exactly how you feel OP, everytime I meet my buddy Kendrick he's exactly like he was in HS, hasn't changed at all minus the fact he has a job, it's like looking at a time capsule of all our old jokes and hobbies, everytime it hurts, but it doesn't hurt for long
>>
>>7378869
I don't even miss that far back as I had a terrible home life. Don't get me wrong I miss those summers where it just seemed to be me and a bud but I'd settle for just any of my friends back in my life at this point. It's been two months now and I feel so lonely. Two friends, one I haven't seen since summer, one in just over two months, reached out this week both asking if i was free this weekend. I said 'of course, what day / time' and then neither decided to respond.
>>
>>7378877
That hurts.

Maybe they're just busy, really busy.

Stay postive nigga
>>
>>7379679
I can say with absolute certainty that this isn't the case.
>>
this has to be the most well disguised /cm/ thread I've seen
>>
File: trigunsad.jpg (667 KB, 1920x1080)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
>>
File: wallhaven-301662.jpg (140 KB, 1366x768)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>
File: 1539115853708.jpg (837 KB, 2992x2328)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>7378782
>>7378783
>>7378784
>>7378792
>>7379873
>>7381503
>>>/w/
but i like the idea. sadly i don't have any
>>
>>7378877
you'll get over it. i'm 25 and haven't hung out with a real life friend in 7 years
>>
File: 57645.jpg (834 KB, 1920x1080)
834 KB
834 KB JPG
>>7379713
don't say that, this is one of the most pure and heartwarming threads I've seen in ages. I wanted to believe.
>>
>>7381528
I love that painting though.

>>7381532
Ironically I was hoping to get some Live Action papes for the theme, they just don't seem to really exist. After a certain age men stop caring about friendship it seems.
>>
File: ChrisPine_TomHardy.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>
File: 31251762_p0.jpg (208 KB, 1100x636)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
>>7381558
THIS is comfy boys.
>>
File: BrBa-8097.jpg (1.16 MB, 1920x1080)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>
>tfw you realize you'll never experience this kind of friendship.

the kind where just the presence of the other makes it easier for you being you, intensely, deeply, from the bottom of your heart yourself and where you can let your best be for your friend.
>>
File: 1542416093019.jpg (937 KB, 1920x1080)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
>>7381589
it's a strongly idealized idea of friedship. Nietzsche had some ideas to the concept of friendship and idea of being yourself (whatever that means)
his concept was that we seek people to be our friends from which we know we are in some regards slightly better than them, that's important so we don't put them on a podium but at the same time we want to see the ubermensch which we want to be in them and far more important, we want them to recognize us as it. the idea of being just yourself under good friends is kinda the idea of being the ubermensch which we want to become.
>>
File: 1550205818647.png (579 KB, 1920x1305)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>
File: 1541073503839.jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>
File: phase 2.jpg (689 KB, 1500x2100)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
>>7381589
I've had one such friendship. At first I really didn't care for him, I had cast him in a project but his audition didn't impress me. He kept showing up to any event that I sent mass invites too as well as volunteered for horrible roles in various projects I or a friend would produce. He was even willing to do roles where you couldn't see his face as he was wearing a costume. After that night I felt bad that he tried so hard so I invited him to my place to film something I had written specifically to show off whatever talent he might think he has.

I was so blown away by his performance, it was nothing like I had seen in his auditions. It wasn't some Oscar worthy acting, don't get me wrong, but it was real acting and something he clearly worked really hard at. His process was such that he needed to build up the character in his mind, come up with back stories, histories, quirks and flaws and hopes and dreams for the character, something you don't really get an opportunity to do in an audition.

After filming, he just spent the evening in my apartment, looking at all the artwork and trinkets and asking about each of their personal stories. I began to realize he was genuine in his appreciation of others, it wasn't just some mask that most 'actors' put on in order to seem appealing. He learned things about me that night that most people can't really understand let alone appreciate.

We ended up producing an entire feature film together. We went on many adventures together such as trapeze classes and hikes to hidden hot springs. He took care of me after a low point when my father died. He helped me maintain my sense of self after my mother ripped it out from under me by revealing that a tragic event in my childhood that really molded me as a person was something she had orchestrated.

He has since moved away to pursue a masters degree, but I miss him. I write a letter to him every month, I just dropped the most recent one off at the postal office an hour ago.
>>
File: 5aq0siulhgsx.jpg (438 KB, 2600x1463)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
I feel you man I haven't seen my best friend from high school in years. We had a lot of plans and dreams, we were going to be hanging out when we were fifty. Just drifted apart and became different people I guess.
We still get along really well whenever we see each other but our lives are just so different now.
I have new friends and stuff now, and I'm currently doing better in general than I ever was back then.
But god damn dudes, I've never had another friendship like that. Even romantic relationships don't have that same fulfillment as having a number one best bro around.
>>
>>7381624
>Even romantic relationships don't have that same fulfillment as having a number one best bro around.
This is essentially my problem. I enjoy romance but I don't see them as that deep. I tend to enjoy poetic and passionate flings but haven't bothered with a stable relationship in years. I get a lot more fulfillment from my friends but as you get older they tend to reciprocate that as much. Friends become some sort of obligation they have to fulfill, or at best just something fun to do regardless of the person they are doing it with. I miss the days when someone was excited to spend time with me.
>>
>>7381637
I want my best friends to be excited to see me but I think I failed them.
>>
>>7381668
How did you fail them? In this day and age even if you hadn't failed them people just aren't really 'excited' about friends anymore it seems.
>>
>>7381637
For me romantic relationships always have a certain level of tension. Like you have to keep your shit together at least on some level so you don't look like a total clown. Eventually that just wears me down and I'll lose interest. I haven't even tried in years either.
I think what I'm trying to say is with a real close friend you can just be totally relaxed in a way I've never managed with a romantic interest. Venerable doesn't seem like the right word, but I guess it gets across the sort of feeling I'm trying to convey. Just open. No pretenses.
I suppose that is why you're excited to see someone at that point. I know I haven't felt as at ease with anyone in years as I did hanging out in my buddy's basement. I don't know if I'm even capable of that sort of thing anymore anyway.
>>
>>7381702
I understand what you mean entirely, funny I just finished writing an entire novel on the comparison. The idea is that with women / romance, you need to have some level of composure always. Even when you let a wall down to be emotional there is still this unspoken promise that you will get your priorities straightened because you are racing towards taking care of that person later in life, there is an expectation that comes with the relationship that doesn't allow someone to appreciate you as you truly are at your core, they are appreciating who you will be and what you will do for them.

With friendship you don't get that. There isn't this issue about where you two go in life because there is the understanding that you will just do your best to accommodate as opposed to commit. You can do something purely for yourself and it is respected, or something for each other and it is appreciated. With romance you can't just do that thing for yourself and have it be respected, particularly as the man in a relationship.

Your friend just wishes to enjoy your company, either for a night or a lifetime. Your woman can't /just/ enjoy your company, it is not enough to build a relationship upon.
>>
File: PulpFiction.jpg (359 KB, 1280x800)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>
File: 1488786940387.jpg (1.07 MB, 3200x2000)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>7381709
Well said man.
>Your woman can't /just/ enjoy your company, it is not enough to build a relationship upon.
If I'm putting the blame where it truly lies it is all on my dumb ass for not getting out there and trying to meet people or put effort into my current relationships. If I invested time my chances of making those friends would certainly be better than they are now. Although in my experience I've usually been able to tell almost immediately when I run into someone I really click with.
But that isn't really the point. I guess I'm really just complaining about entropy. It seems like all of the best relationships I've experienced have fizzled out over time due to time and distance. And now I don't have the energy or the optimism to get my current relationships to that level. Again, the blame is really on me, but it still sucks.
>>
>>7381717
It doesn't sound like it is entirely on you, it just sounds like as you said, things fizzle out. Even friendship doesn't last forever, although it seems quite a bit stronger than romance when nurtured appropriately in my opinion. I do think we have a cultural problem that just cares less about friendship these days. There is a bigger focus on 'groups' or 'squads' and the shenanigans they get up to as opposed to just enjoying each others company. I guess I just miss the days when we were kids and someone seemed so cool that you were excited to have them spend the night at your house each weekend.
>>
File: 1546033674013.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492854830266.jpg (1.39 MB, 2501x1719)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>7381719
I just mean in the final accounting I can't blame anyone but myself that I don't have that sort of thing in my life anymore.
And honestly I can't really complain. I have a good circle of friends that take care of each other and have a fun time. But it is exactly like you say with the focus on groups. We certainly enjoy each others company, but it just seems inferior compared to a close individual friendship.
I think a lot of it does come down to what you said about how it used to be enough to just think someone was cool. There is something incredibly satisfying about a close relationship without stakes. That sort of thing is impossible with romance where there will always be stakes, and rare with friendships that usually seem to come together as much out of convenience as anything else these days.
Even though they don't last forever those sorts of friendships were cathartic in a way that I haven't found a match for since.
The lack is just motivation to be comfortable by yourself I suppose
>>
>>7381728
What is this painting? The one on the right looks stoned out of his mind like 'Dude, are you seeing this right now?'
>>
>>7381729
>'i feel like floating on a sea in an painting. maaan, i'm tripping balls'
>>
>>7381728
I get what you mean, but I hope you don't give up on it too soon. People can surprise you, but it can take a little bit of effort.
>>
>>7381602
This is the most genuine post I've seen in a long time. Thank you for sharing anon, I hope your friend is doing well :)
>>
File: 1524748036946.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
does this count?
>>
>>7381752
It's not exactly comfy, but do what you must.
>>
>>7381751
He struggles with his courses and they put him on probation for probation, but he's doing a lot better than he thinks. They want him to compromise on his process and that isn't something he is quite willing to do. He's met a nice lady, making new friends, and having great experiences.

I do hope he comes back one day though.
>>
What you are all feeling isn't your fault and it is not natural. I have looked into this for a long time and everyday I'm finding new information. I have struggled with making friends with the same feelings/relationship as I made in a certain part of my life. I've found out, that the reason most people cannot connect, especially in first world countries is that most people are atomized. The place on individualism is extreme. Let's also not forget that homosexuals in general have ruined male bonding/friendship/older men mentoring the young with fears over pedophilia. Again, not natural. This probably had to do with economic factors, now females work and are more "free" they control their man not to hang around their male friends, for fear of being called a "fag", shame and ridiculed due to female egoism of always having the attention being place on them. Economic factors also have effects on where you work, before, people from the neighborhood used to grow old together, nowadays there is no place called home and eventually you will have to separate from your boys and that disconnection is hard (Friendships aren't as strongly being made/are superficial because of the probability of one of you moving for economic factors is high.) Another factor is the constant hypersexualization of everything and the rise of beta males. Since beta males have less access to sex they greatly place sex in high priority, thus, everything must have females in it which ruins the dynamic of male bonding, only advanced male bonding can stop females from disrupting it. Whether a movie, book, video game, youtube music video wallpaper, etc. Corporations also love this since they can use sex as a selling point to dumb teenagers. Not a natural state, the natural state of men are forming strong male bonds, being aesthetic (acting cool), wanting to always evolve and placing/thinking of girls in a low priority.
>>
File: FightClub-2153.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>7381600
>>
>>7381760
all pretty well said anon, but I'd also add that the emphasis on communities which only exist online or apart from your immediate vicinity also helped. the best thing is to have friends you can see and talk to face to face, because online is no match for meatspace. [nospoileronwg] unabomber intensifies [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1538294111553.jpg (2.65 MB, 2629x1479)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
>>
File: byler.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
precious smol beans <3
>>
Thinking about getting a stripper for my friends birthday it'll only be us, what are the chances of that getting really weird and awkward ?
>>
>>7381920
depends on how close you are/how open, we bought a hooker for a friend a few years ago, we went all together there, i went with in to pick and then we waited in the parking lot. after he was done we went and got wasted.. miss thous days desu
>>
>>7381920
Only the two of you? It can be a bit odd I suppose. If there are three of you there suddenly it's not weird because it's a group.
>>
>>7381760
>Not a natural state, the natural state of men are forming strong male bonds, being aesthetic (acting cool), wanting to always evolve and placing/thinking of girls in a low priority.
That sounds like paradise. I mean I don't want women reduced to purely sex or marital objects, but I always felt I would have really enjoyed taking my father up on sending me to a boarding school growing up, though perhaps I watched Dead Poets Society one too many times.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Calvin & Hobbes Bench.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>
File: Calvin & Hobbes Bird.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>
File: Calvin & Hobbes Map.jpg (1.02 MB, 3930x2611)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Game Journey Frost.jpg (236 KB, 1600x970)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>
>>7381709
Any chance I could read that anon?
>>
>>7381599
Plato already said that
>>
so gay wallpaper?
>>
>>7382990
It'll be something I post to my youtube channel as an audio book, but I don't entirely recommend it. It got a bit gayer than I expected in order to drive certain points home.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1548930864885.jpg (282 KB, 1440x790)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN THREAD
>>
>>
>>
>>7383311
This doesn't look friendly at all.
>>
>>7383318
I guess not.
I was thinking it goes more after a sense of camaraderie.
>>
>>7383319
If it keeps the thread bumped keep posting by all means. I'd rather explore and not find anything than risk not finding a gem.
>>
>>7383108
Hey man sounds interesting to me, post a link or lemme know how to find it
>>
>>7383582
Right now I plan to post it to my youtube so if you subscribe there you'll see it go up in 2 to 4 weeks:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb5aUpZh_QfzbFUiLSw-fYQ?view_as=subscriber

There will be links there to the written version as well if you don't like my voice. I start recording tomorrow.
>>
File: 1534720511770.jpg (1.79 MB, 3264x1836)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
I feel like l don't have friends anymore (I do but it's like Eh might as well not be there).
I feel like I don't need friends too.
Should I be bothered by this?
>>
>>7383608
If you are happy and live an otherwise wholesome and fulfilling life than it doesn't really matter if one aspect is lacking.
>>
>>7383609
yeah but I don't think I am that way yet
>>
>>7383611
>YET
Well what makes you think it is a yet sort of situation? No one's life is perfect. Friends are considered the second layer of relationships, essentially essential if you don't have that third layer.

If something is missing, and you know this is missing, the two are probably related.
>>
File: 1534612733934.jpg (1.41 MB, 1200x792)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>7383750
>the second layer of relationships, essentially essential if you don't have that third layer
what

>fulfilling life
no and I don't think it can be (at least for a few more years)
>>
>>7383860
>I don't think I can be (leading a fulfilling life)
Why?

>What
Perhaps I am misremembering and it is the pyramid. Basically, there are three types of relationships, the base unit is family, the second layer is friends, and the third is romance. Romance is at the top of the pyramid because it is the most fragile. If your relationship implodes you need your circle of friends to fall back on. If you find yourself without friends, you need your family to fall back on.
>>
>>
File: Champloo.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>
File: Two Soul.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>
>>7381558
This one really did it for me, reminds me of the old ''gang''.
>>
File: 1455491034395.jpg (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>
>>7384011
Not quite aesthetic, but it sure does bring one back.
>>
>>7383946
>Why?
I don't see how it can be (now).
I would have to work something that is ideologically opposed to the way I want to live.
Anxiety is also a lot of fun.
>>
>>7383962
Still after all this time, this story pops into my mind and I wonder what happened to the guy.
>>
File: 1547400118479.jpg (676 KB, 2313x1300)
676 KB
676 KB JPG
I had some friends like this, though we drifted. It's more that they've changed so much that I can't be myself around them anymore.

I found one new friend who I got closer to than anyone. He understood me on a level even my own family didn't. Shared a house, came home everyday to game with him. One day I came home and he was just lying there dead. Seizure from genetic disease. They let me carry his picture during the funeral march. I cried as much as his family did.

Destroyed my world that I'll never find a friendship like that again. Still glad I had it, those 8 months are more precious to me than anything.
>>
>>7384187
So you don't want to be happy and fulfilled? That is what we are talking about here, whether or not you can be happy and fulfilled, by whatever means.
>>
>>7384311
Jesus dude, that is rough. my friend died last year in May after a 9 month battle with cancer. It was devastating. I wonder when the pain ends. I'm sure you made your friend's last eight months the best he ever had.
>>
>>7384323
>by whatever means
no

Otherwise it would be nice. It's not that bad rn... I'm optimistic. I just don't know where it is going.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.