[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

In order to use TPB to download, say, Photoshop, are Tor and a free VPN all I need to make sure I'm "using protection" to the extent to which I'm sure that I'm safe? Or is it always a risk? I know not to download movies (I've heard movies in particular are extremely protected and risky), but I don't plan on downloading anything like that. Should I *buy* a vpn?
The most important question is - what are the odds that I'll actually end up caught and face legal reprocussions?
>pic unrelated
>>
OP here. Is it just "download a vpn and you'll be safe"?
Does uTorrent naturally offer its users that kind of safety (after skimming the wikipedia article for uTorrent)?
>>
>>444029
No matter what you do, if you're on your own internet then your isp can see every download made. They mainly look for uploading however so don't seed much. And since they can see every download, always change the file name to something like aac1 so they think it was a family video or something.
>>
>>444028
>to make sure I'm "using protection" to the extent to which I'm sure that I'm safe?

safe from who? your isp who isn't enthusiastic about you downloading wares, or safe from the malware packed in with your download?
>>
free vpns are garbage and torrenting over tor won't work for shit if you want the file some time this year.
>>
>>444041
>if you're on your own internet then your isp can see every download made
This is straight-up wrong.
Your ISP can see all data you send and recieve, and where you send it to and recieve it from. But if it's an encrypted connection to the VPN, all they know is that you're sending data back and forth with the VPN endpoint and that it's encrypted so they can't see it without knowing the private key.
>>
>>444028
don't torrent over tor
free vpns have shit speed usually, but if you want
paid vpn is good
odds of you getting in trouble depend on the country you are in

>>444029
utorrent offers no safety

>>444041
is this bait? are you really this retarded?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.